Jump to content

College Football 2020


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Then take the other QBs on the list, remove their top three or four receivers and give them three practices with their bowl game receivers to see how they measure up. He had a couple bad throws for sure, and some I’m not sure we’re his fault. Hard to tell when they are playing a better team and have no weapons. 
 

Florida is pretty much what I said after the A&M game. Not very good...especially when all their stars but Trask bitch out. 

 

No Justyn Ross.

No Joseph Ngata

No Frank Ladson.

No problem

people who have picked up the slack,  5th year senior, 2  freshman,   running back...   and a guy coming back from knee surgery    

 

Trask def looked lost and out of rhythm ,  Mullen was correct to sit him down and start working on next season... 

 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:31 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

just saving this for later

Quote

Florida LB James Houston on #Sooners: “Oklahoma is a good matchup but they’re not on our level, they're not SEC, they’re not the Florida Gators."

— Ryan Aber (@ryaber) December 22, 2020

 

he was right, OU is not on the same level as UF,   just a few rungs higher...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i heard OSU kicking in 2 mil a year towards his base salary..

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

 

No Justyn Ross.

No Joseph Ngata

No Frank Ladson.

No problem

people who have picked up the slack,  5th year senior, 2  freshman,   running back...   and a guy coming back from knee surgery    

Trask def looked lost and out of rhythm ,  Mullen was correct to sit him down and start working on next season... 

he was right, OU is not on the same level as UF,   just a few rungs higher...

A shame that that 4 top players left their brothers hanging in the wind.   If I was a nfl coach.  I wouldlook at that lack of commitment and lack of being a team player as the kind of person I would not want on my team.    But the last three Florida games,  all losses, the only game they really looked good was the Bama game.

three losses in a row at the end of season, won’t help for recruiting that for sure...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

A shame that that 4 top players left their brothers hanging in the wind.   If I was a nfl coach.  I wouldlook at that lack of commitment and lack of being a team player as the kind of person I would not want on my team.    But the last three Florida games,  all losses, the only game they really looked good was the Bama game.

three losses in a row at the end of season, won’t help for recruiting that for sure...

What a bunch of bullshit...Pitts especially was gonna be risking millions playing an essentially meaningless game...risking for "his brothers" or for the institution that makes millions on the backs of him and "his brothers"?...all it takes is one Dak Prescott moment to leave him relying on that piece of paper, that worthless fuckin' degree in something like "Sports Management" where he can eke out a living as Assistant Defensive Coach on the local high school team...gimme a fuckin' break...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

A shame that that 4 top players left their brothers hanging in the wind.   If I was a nfl coach.  I wouldlook at that lack of commitment and lack of being a team player as the kind of person I would not want on my team.    But the last three Florida games,  all losses, the only game they really looked good was the Bama game.

three losses in a row at the end of season, won’t help for recruiting that for sure...

Unfortunately, they (NFL Coaches) don't seem to be bothered by it. I understand that they are taking a risk every time they put on the pads, even in practice. But it's a risk they've been taking since junior high. I think it's shitty behavior and reflects poorly on any notion of a putting the team first mentality. Exactly the opposite for the players who are likely draft picks and choose to suit up anyway. If I was an NFL coach I would LOVE a guy like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grabbler said:

What a bunch of bullshit...Pitts especially was gonna be risking millions playing an essentially meaningless game...risking for "his brothers" or for the institution that makes millions on the backs of him and "his brothers"?...all it takes is one Dak Prescott moment to leave him relying on that piece of paper, that worthless fuckin' degree in something like "Sports Management" where he can eke out a living as Assistant Defensive Coach on the local high school team...gimme a fuckin' break...

Then we should expand the playoffs (because these guys don't seem to mind staying with their teams for playoff games) and shitcan the other bowls. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Or how about revenue sharing with the people who are actually creating the revenue.   

The only way that happens is if they get rid of all the non revenue sports. 
 

It also means getting rid of Title IX and that’s not going to happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

 

No Justyn Ross.

No Joseph Ngata

No Frank Ladson.

No problem

people who have picked up the slack,  5th year senior, 2  freshman,   running back...   and a guy coming back from knee surgery    

 

Trask def looked lost and out of rhythm ,  Mullen was correct to sit him down and start working on next season... 

The last time Trevor threw 3 interceptions in a game he was a sophomore.....

at Cartersville HS in the second game of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

 

No Justyn Ross.

No Joseph Ngata

No Frank Ladson.

No problem

people who have picked up the slack,  5th year senior, 2  freshman,   running back...   and a guy coming back from knee surgery    

 

Trask def looked lost and out of rhythm ,  Mullen was correct to sit him down and start working on next season... 

 

he was right, OU is not on the same level as UF,   just a few rungs higher...

lots of All Americans on that list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grabbler said:

What worthless fuckin' degree in something like "Sports Management" where he can eke out a living as Assistant Defensive Coach on the local high school team...gimme a fuckin' break...

Who’s fault is it that they got a “useless fuckin’ degree”.  If they were were playing and studying on someone else’s dime.  Their own fault for getting a worthless piece of paper.  And yeah. It does suck that the team and coach that recruited them, paid their education.   Guys they lived with, payed with, sweated with and cried with, they turn their backs on them.  It  Basically says. Fuck you,  I don’t care about nobody but myself...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

What's the over/under on Fakenews showing up?  I think he'll want to share his wisdom on the CFP games tomorrow so maybe 3pm tomorrow.  

Tomorrow, Clemson/Bama win easy.  Clemson when they meet in an epic match.

This thread is much better when the topic is college football. Bull Gator Anarchy is pretty boring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

Who’s fault is it that they got a “useless fuckin’ degree”.  If they were were playing and studying on someone else’s dime.  Their own fault for getting a worthless piece of paper.  And yeah. It does suck that the team and coach that recruited them, paid their education.   Guys they lived with, payed with, sweated with and cried with, they turn their backs on them.  It  Basically says. Fuck you,  I don’t care about nobody but myself...

Or maybe "I don't care about nobody but myself" and "my family", and "my future"...paper it over with any noble intentions you want, these institutions make a metric shit ton of money off the backs of these kids and don't give a flying fuck about them...see how they've fought tooth and nail to stop them from getting any financial gain from something as simple as use of their likeness...I bet it was a struggle for a 20yr old to turn his back on his teammates, but he owed it to  himself to look at the big picture in regards to his future, and he sure as shit has paid off whatever "debt" he owed to a college by helping to get them to a bowl game which adds yet more money to their coffers...I'm not a believer in the "slavery" comparisons some folks use about this topic...but "indentured servitude" had a nice ring to it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grabbler said:

Or maybe "I don't care about nobody but myself" and "my family", and "my future"...paper it over with any noble intentions you want, these institutions make a metric shit ton of money off the backs of these kids and don't give a flying fuck about them...see how they've fought tooth and nail to stop them from getting any financial gain from something as simple as use of their likeness...I bet it was a struggle for a 20yr old to turn his back on his teammates, but he owed it to  himself to look at the big picture in regards to his future, and he sure as shit has paid off whatever "debt" he owed to a college by helping to get them to a bowl game which adds yet more money to their coffers...I'm not a believer in the "slavery" comparisons some folks use about this topic...but "indentured servitude" had a nice ring to it...

outside of CPF, bowl games are glorified exhibitions and if a kid has potential to get a contract on an NFL team, what point is it in taking a risk?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

outside of CPF, bowl games are glorified exhibitions and if a kid has potential to get a contract on an NFL team, what point is it in taking a risk?

as far as NFL contracts go, ask Trask, if he would play again in a meaningless game if he had a chance to do it over again.. that 1st quarter probably , unfairly, cost him several millions of dollars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

lol, only way UGa is getting in..

Quote

UGA coach Kirby Smart said on talk of expanding playoffs that he would support making it 12 teams. "I'd rather go farther than 8 if we're going to do it."

 

Kirby should change his last name.  How is 12 any better than 16 and that would take 4 weeks to resolve.  Someone show me how 12 is more efficient than 16? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

first 4 teams get byes...   next 8 teams play to face the first 4 teams..

Don't get it.  8 teams play down to 4?  Still no more efficient.  Still the same 4 weeks 16 seeded teams would take to declare a NC.  $$$ to be made, no byes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

as far as NFL contracts go, ask Trask, if he would play again in a meaningless game if he had a chance to do it over again.. that 1st quarter probably , unfairly, cost him several millions of dollars.

I'm guessing $1-$1.5 million per interception...but I'm sure his "brothers" appreciated him showing up....B)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Don't get it.  8 teams play down to 4?  Still no more efficient.  Still the same 4 weeks 16 seeded teams would take to declare a NC.  $$$ to be made, no byes.

tell me 16 teams that would have been worthy of playing in this years CFP ?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

tell me 16 teams that would have been worthy of playing in this years CFP ?  

Buddy, 2 base is the only thing. My point was once you go to 12, go to 16.  This year, exactly 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

tell me 16 teams that would have been worthy of playing in this years CFP ?  

This is the most screwed up season ever. We are trying to compare apples to oranges across the country in the number of games played instead of just the level of competition. There is no way to tell if OSU is any good or not, because they haven’t played but a handful of games, against teams with a similarly light schedule...with no non conference games. So it’s a bit of a weird season in which to ponder that question, though I like 12 better than 16.
 

In a normal year, take the top ten plus two wildcards. Or go in a different direction and take all of the major conference champions plus wildcards. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There should also be two bowl games given to the teams in the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and SEC with the worst conference record. Those players won’t opt out, and we can get an idea of the floors of the respective conferences, not just the ceilings. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There should also be two bowl games given to the teams in the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and SEC with the worst conference record. Those players won’t opt out, and we can get an idea of the floors of the respective conferences, not just the ceilings. 

Tie breaker is the most knocked-up cheerleaders?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This is the most screwed up season ever. We are trying to compare apples to oranges across the country in the number of games played instead of just the level of competition. There is no way to tell if OSU is any good or not, because they haven’t played but a handful of games, against teams with a similarly light schedule...with no non conference games. So it’s a bit of a weird season in which to ponder that question, though I like 12 better than 16.
 

In a normal year, take the top ten plus two wildcards. Or go in a different direction and take all of the major conference champions plus wildcards. 

or take every conference champion, there are 11, and 1 wild card  and have at it...  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There should also be two bowl games given to the teams in the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and SEC with the worst conference record. Those players won’t opt out, and we can get an idea of the floors of the respective conferences, not just the ceilings. 

oh yeah,  0-7 South Florida against 1-9 Syracuse..   I'm sure it'll draw a lot of interest

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

oh yeah,  0-7 South Florida against 1-9 Syracuse..   I'm sure it'll draw a lot of interest

I’m thinking Duke vs. Vandy, for the nerd recruits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NaptimeAgain said:

As usual, ND looks way overmatched in the playoffs.

Hade askse overte dinnere, "I no they prolley haive the GPS, butte stille cante undestande howe ND gotte to the Rose Bowle"

:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

....Lawrence go out with bad games

I'm not sure he's had a particularly bad game.  Not super effective, but nowhere near the mistakes Trask made

the Clemson defense, though..... WTF?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sledracr said:

I'm not sure he's had a particularly bad game.  Not super effective, but nowhere near the mistakes Trask made

the Clemson defense, though..... WTF?

well that freed up my monday night... couldn't stop semore,   OL couldn't stop anybody...     good game OSU.. hopefully they'll play as well against bama..

Trev bad game,  33 for 48  for 400 yards...   he'll be a Jag,  Trask,   maybe 1st round..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, Marcjsmith said:

Who’s fault is it that they got a “useless fuckin’ degree”.  If they were were playing and studying on someone else’s dime.  Their own fault for getting a worthless piece of paper.  And yeah. It does suck that the team and coach that recruited them, paid their education.   Guys they lived with, payed with, sweated with and cried with, they turn their backs on them.  It  Basically says. Fuck you,  I don’t care about nobody but myself...

Local radio had an ex college and NFL player on. They asked him about the education he received and he answered. He wasn’t complaining as he understood that he was one of the few who had a career in football. Unlike the vast majority who didn’t. 
 

He made it clear that a majority of players were steered by the coaches and academic advisors to take certain majors. He started out in an engineering program and after a semester he was told he needed to switch to something in the liberal arts. The sheer amount of time these athletes are required to spend on the game, the great risk to personal health, the years shaved off their lives. They need to figure out some way to pay these college athletes some sort of stipend  

So after 4 years of a program making money off their efforts. So much money that we now know that the teams don’t even need 100,000 fans buying tickets every other week in order to break even. And for that Most players aren’t prepared to go onto a career path. 
 

Is the player blameless? No. But the program holds most of the blame, they benefit more then the player does. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 12:22 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

tell me 16 teams that would have been worthy of playing in this years CFP ?  

After yesterday I would say. Show me 4 that deserved it. 
 

But look at a basketball region. 16 teams 10 of which have zero to about 2% chance of winning the region. But people still watch. The 1V16 game is usually terrible. But the 8v9, 7v10, 6v11, and 5v12 can all be compelling games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Tie breaker is the most knocked-up cheerleaders?

Or the cheerleaders with the best knockers. Marty Feldman, from the great beyond, can be the judge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sledracr said:

I'm not sure he's had a particularly bad game.  Not super effective, but nowhere near the mistakes Trask made

the Clemson defense, though..... WTF?

Clemson had a defense? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chinabald said:

Local radio had an ex college and NFL player on. They asked him about the education he received and he answered. He wasn’t complaining as he understood that he was one of the few who had a career in football. Unlike the vast majority who didn’t. 
 

He made it clear that a majority of players were steered by the coaches and academic advisors to take certain majors. He started out in an engineering program and after a semester he was told he needed to switch to something in the liberal arts. The sheer amount of time these athletes are required to spend on the game, the great risk to personal health, the years shaved off their lives. They need to figure out some way to pay these college athletes some sort of stipend  

So after 4 years of a program making money off their efforts. So much money that we now know that the teams don’t even need 100,000 fans buying tickets every other week in order to break even. And for that Most players aren’t prepared to go onto a career path. 
 

Is the player blameless? No. But the program holds most of the blame, they benefit more then the player does. 

One of the few college games I saw, like 40 years ago, was Navy at Michigan. The Navy guys were majoring in things like nuclear engineering while communications was very popular for Michigan players. Final score was something like 66-10, but easy to imagine which set of guys have had more successful careers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

One of the few college games I saw, like 40 years ago, was Navy at Michigan. The Navy guys were majoring in things like nuclear engineering while communications was very popular for Michigan players. Final score was something like 66-10, but easy to imagine which set of guys have had more successful careers.

Fuck you, U-M Engineering, '79 and '83.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

One of the few college games I saw, like 40 years ago, was Navy at Michigan. The Navy guys were majoring in things like nuclear engineering while communications was very popular for Michigan players. Final score was something like 66-10, but easy to imagine which set of guys have had more successful careers.

That probably has more to do with influence peddling by politically connected alumni than anything else.  I can think of a bunch of fucked up people who got ahead in spite of themselves who graduated from the academies.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That probably has more to do with influence peddling by politically connected alumni than anything else.  I can think of a bunch of fucked up people who got ahead in spite of themselves who graduated from the academies.

Bull Gator would have had the knowledge to say Michigan has the most victories all time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Bull Gator would have had the knowledge to say Michigan has the most victories all time.

 

I would say wins before integration come with an asterisk. Also Yale has a lot of wins so.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

That probably has more to do with influence peddling by politically connected alumni than anything else.  I can think of a bunch of fucked up people who got ahead in spite of themselves who graduated from the academies.

 

The Navy - Notre Dame pairing goes back many years.  Apparently at one point ND was having trouble with its scheduling and Navy bailed them out big time.  Remember in the old days when small eastern schools fielded credible football teams.  Anyway, ND committed to a forever spot for Navy on the schedule.  Navy beats ND once in a blue moon; I think last time was during the Charlie Weis era.  Attended once about 20 years ago because a neighbor had Navy season tickets.  Both schools tend to travel well, i.e. Catholics and people with connections to the Navy or USNA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

With Texas' firing of Tom Herman, FBS public schools have committed themselves to as much as $107.6 million in buyout-related payments to football head coaches and assistants this season

what a waste of money..    should all go to reducing tuition

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

not after we lost skalski...      

I realize these are in some ways still kids, but aside from the personal risk of paralysis from a C-spine fracture, letting your teammates down by getting tossed several times in big games for the same infraction...  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

what a waste of money..    should all go to reducing tuition

Or improving the quality of the academics. Lots of things need to be fixed in the US and this is on the list, just not near the top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I believe OSU had run off 28 straight points when he got the boot.

 

nope,   21-14, before halftime,   15 yard penalty gave them 1st down inside the 30 after failing to convert,  threw touchdown on next play.. to go up 28-14..

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

nope,   21-14, before halftime,   15 yard penalty gave them 1st down inside the 30 after failing to convert,  threw touchdown on next play.. to go up 28-14..

So they had runoff 21 unanswered points drove all the way to the 30 when he made his boneheaded hit. Then tossed a TD o; the very next play.  Sure seems like he wasn’t making much of a difference.  
 

Clemson is obviously a very good team but their lack of physicality is obvious on both the D and O Line has been on display all season.   Also Etiene has a habit of not showing up in big games at least this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

So they had runoff 21 unanswered points drove all the way to the 30 when he made his boneheaded hit. Then tossed a TD o; the very next play.  Sure seems like he wasn’t making much of a difference.  
 

Clemson is obviously a very good team but their lack of physicality is obvious on both the D and O Line has been on display all season.   Also Etiene has a habit of not showing up in big games at least this season.

we lost a lot of good players after last season,   we don't seem to get the OL recruits that bama and osu get,  if Trev had either, the heisman would have been a no contest..  i'm glad we did as well as we did this past year,  it would have been better if dabo hadn't given more incentive to osu this year... but it is what it is...   it was a halfway decent college football season under the circumstances, i'm glad we got to see some games... no games would have been devastating..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting read.  Is Florida getting ready to push Mullen out the door and into the NFL?  He’d be a good coach for Trevor in Ajax.  If they do The pool of replacements is rich this year.  Locking up the next Urban Meyer at age 41 (Campbell) wold be huge and with Bama on the downslope the Gators would again rule the SEC.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/first-and-10-will-dan-mullen-be-coaching-florida-in-2021-its-far-from-certain/

 

Iowa State coach Matt Campbell, whose team won the Fiesta Bowl Saturday against Oregon, would be at the top of any list of replacements.

Campbell, 41, is a rising star in the profession, and has turned around a moribund Iowa State program and reached 4 straight bowl games, including a win in the program’s first major bowl. He is 34-28 in 5 seasons and had the Cyclones in the Big 12 Championship Game this season.

There are other potential candidates — Penn State coach James Franklin, Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck, Louisiana coach Billy Napier – but there is hope in Gainesville that a post-bowl examination of all things football can move toward a greater working environment.

That is, if Mullen doesn’t leave for the NFL

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Interesting read.  Is Florida getting ready to push Mullen out the door and into the NFL?  He’d be a good coach for Trevor in Ajax.  If they do The pool of replacements is rich this year.  Locking up the next Urban Meyer at age 41 (Campbell) wold be huge and with Bama on the downslope the Gators would again rule the SEC.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/first-and-10-will-dan-mullen-be-coaching-florida-in-2021-its-far-from-certain/

 

Iowa State coach Matt Campbell, whose team won the Fiesta Bowl Saturday against Oregon, would be at the top of any list of replacements.

Campbell, 41, is a rising star in the profession, and has turned around a moribund Iowa State program and reached 4 straight bowl games, including a win in the program’s first major bowl. He is 34-28 in 5 seasons and had the Cyclones in the Big 12 Championship Game this season.

There are other potential candidates — Penn State coach James Franklin, Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck, Louisiana coach Billy Napier – but there is hope in Gainesville that a post-bowl examination of all things football can move toward a greater working environment.

That is, if Mullen doesn’t leave for the NFL

 

Hey Fakie...

You seem to have some deep NCAA football knowledge...  why are you wasting your time here when the Vegas odds makers could use your talents?  Of course it would be a full time job with little time left to share here...

You should do it.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2021 at 3:31 PM, NaptimeAgain said:

The Navy - Notre Dame pairing goes back many years.  Apparently at one point ND was having trouble with its scheduling and Navy bailed them out big time.  Remember in the old days when small eastern schools fielded credible football teams.  Anyway, ND committed to a forever spot for Navy on the schedule.  Navy beats ND once in a blue moon; I think last time was during the Charlie Weis era.  Attended once about 20 years ago because a neighbor had Navy season tickets.  Both schools tend to travel well, i.e. Catholics and people with connections to the Navy or USNA.

Been to that game many times when it was played in Philly....

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sledracr said:

I figured it would be between DeVonta and Trevor, but thought the votes would be a lot closer (and hoped they would go to Trevor...)

The thing is  Smith a very talented player, if he missed a couple of games, bama wouldn't have missed a beat..    

in another note,  Nyles Pinckney ,  i'm kind of surprised he's transferring , i wonder what's up

Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF is up withTrevor getting 2nd place?  This isn’t a lifetime achievement award.  He didn’t come to play this year and was clearly more focused on his future NFL contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

WTF is up withTrevor getting 2nd place?  This isn’t a lifetime achievement award.  He didn’t come to play this year and was clearly more focused on his future NFL contract.

i'm guessing they're looking way beyond statistics which reflects in the number of Trask first place votes..

this may help

Quote

The Heisman Memorial Trophy (usually known colloquially as the Heisman Trophy or The Heisman), is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work. It is presented by the Heisman Trophy Trust in early December before the postseason bowl games.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 10:03 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

on and on ..and    on and on ..

 

Quote

The NCAA has reportedly planned to launch a serious investigation on the Tennessee football program. This dive into recruiting scandals could just be the first of many in the SEC.

 

Andrew Perloff of the Dan Patrick Show reported the Volunteers’ unfortunate news on Monday morning. He also added that Georgia could be next, siting sources that told Dan Patrick the Bulldogs “got sloppy in recruiting.”

btw  Clemson opens with UGah   at charlotte next september if there's a season..

Link to post
Share on other sites


Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh signs extension through 2026 at lower base salary 
The extension lowers Jim Harbaugh's base salary to $4 million but includes multiple incentives if he can turn the program into championship material. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/01/08/jim-harbaugh-contract-michigan-football-through-2026/3847549001/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 130lights said:


Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh signs extension through 2026 at lower base salary 
The extension lowers Jim Harbaugh's base salary to $4 million but includes multiple incentives if he can turn the program into championship material. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/01/08/jim-harbaugh-contract-michigan-football-through-2026/3847549001/

i heard OSU kicking in 2 mil a year towards his base salary..

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

isn't this like giving out $100 bills ...

Quote

Just one day before the Buckeyes matchup with No. 1 Alabama in the College Football Playoff national title game, James had a generous gift shipped to the team. The NBA legend and former Cleveland Cavalier sent a brand new pair of Beats by Dre headphones to every player on the OSU squad.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say one thing, OSU's 75 on OL sure likes to hold a lot won't get away with that in the NFL...     bama's lines were too much,  a bunch of big kids on both sides of the ball...

a fully loaded clemson might have done a little better...   will have to find out next year....   

and it's a wrap...

Link to post
Share on other sites