Country Music

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

who do you thick you foolleng?       

err , country music ?

• Like 1
Just now, Snaggletooth said:

OK, mabey you ritte............  shoude I deleate?

nope , if it's country to you it's all good :)

• Like 1

Still my favorite version of this Jerry Jeff classic

• Like 1
On 6/25/2020 at 6:48 PM, Snaggletooth said:

:)

I picked up a burrito from a food truck near Garden City, TX, Pop 334, a few years ago, on the way to Austin to see my daughter. Fucker was hot, but I eat a lot of hot food.

About 2 am that sucker was coming out, I sat on the toilet singing that song. Lord it burned burned burned, the ring of fire. Shredded sphincter syndrome. 

I went to college in New Mexico, so many of these songs we wore the grooves out on the vinyl.

• Like 1

You know when I was younger, I really did not like country music. Not sure why, just wasn't interested I guess but now...........as I get older.........I find more and more of it resonates with me. Been listening to Brooks and Dunn a bit.........also a bit of Arron Lewis and quite a few others.

4 hours ago, Point Break said:

You know when I was younger, I really did not like country music. Not sure why, just wasn't interested I guess but now...........as I get older.........I find more and more of it resonates with me. Been listening to Brooks and Dunn a bit.........also a bit of Arron Lewis and quite a few others.

a little here too.. but I'm more drawn to the early years rather than what country became starting in the 70's...    i like a lot of the guitar work and skills those people had, the women too...  I mean Maybelle Carter, the god / inventer of finger style picken

this is the first episode of a 5 part series by pbs

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I picked up a burrito from a food truck near Garden City, TX, Pop 334, a few years ago, on the way to Austin to see my daughter. Fucker was hot, but I eat a lot of hot food.

About 2 am that sucker was coming out, I sat on the toilet singing that song. Lord it burned burned burned, the ring of fire. Shredded sphincter syndrome. 

I went to college in New Mexico, so many of these songs we wore the grooves out on the vinyl.

I read this poeste to my wife, she wase hystericalle......  Thackes.                :)

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I read this poeste to my wife, she wase hystericalle......  Thackes.                :)

then you'll like this one..     as a wedding present someone gave me 4 bottles of hot sauce (cheap bastard)   one was dave's insanity sauce, which I tasted one drop, uh, never going to use that shit...    months later had a party at my house , ex-roommate was there late with a good buzz on.. he grabs the bottle of insanity and starts putting that shit on crackers, "ummm, this shits good"...  uh, dude, go easy...     "nah, I'm good...."    ok.... 

get a phone call next day...   "dude , do you know where I am?"    uh no...   "i'm in my SIL's pool, my butts on fire, i'm tryin' to cool it down.. "...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

then you'll like this one..     as a wedding present someone gave me 4 bottles of hot sauce (cheap bastard)   one was dave's insanity sauce, which I tasted one drop, uh, never going to use that shit...    months later had a party at my house , ex-roommate was there late with a good buzz on.. he grabs the bottle of insanity and starts putting that shit on crackers, "ummm, this shits good"...  uh, dude, go easy...     "nah, I'm good...."    ok.... 

get a phone call next day...   "dude , do you know where I am?"    uh no...   "i'm in my SIL's pool, my butts on fire, i'm tryin' to cool it down.. "...

So I'm working overtime in another Battalion (regional area in a large fire department) and sit down with the engine, trucks and medics for a Mexican food dinner. Being perennial practical jokers, especially with guys on OT and especially especially visiting Battalion Chiefs, one of the guys said "Hey Chief you like hot sauce? This is a pretty good one. I've never been shy of some heat so, "thanks" says I and grab the bottle. I did not recognize and the label which was partly missing anyway and got ready to slather it on the tacos and I noticed a sudden quiet of anticipation at the table. I looked up and a guy I had previously assigned in my Battalion who had transferred up there looked at me and ever so slightly shook his head no..............so I took just drop on my finger and tasted it. OH MY GOD!!!! The table roared with laughter and expressed their disappointment I didn't take the full brunt. I love those guys............

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Glad to help with the amusement. I thought my rectum was going to prolapse and my guts land in the commode. My eyes lost the ability to focus. For several hours I couldn't walk. I'd lay curled in a fetal position beside the toilet, whimpering softly, until forced to remount for another round. 

After that night I felt my asshole was actually in tatters. If I could have lowered my bowels to wash them by hand with aloe vera I would have, just to make sure it was all gone. The entire next day was spent in a cool dark room trying to get my eyes to where I could read and recognize my wife again. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Glad to help with the amusement. I thought my rectum was going to prolapse and my guts land in the commode. My eyes lost the ability to focus. For several hours I couldn't walk. I'd lay curled in a fetal position beside the toilet, whimpering softly, until forced to remount for another round. 

After that night I felt my asshole was actually in tatters. If I could have lowered my bowels to wash them by hand with aloe vera I would have, just to make sure it was all gone. The entire next day was spent in a cool dark room trying to get my eyes to where I could read and recognize my wife again. 

Reminds me or the last night of my honeymoon. We had a great time in Singapore and a week in Phuket before finishing up with 3 days in Bangkok. Feeling pretty gritty and tired, we decided on dinner in the hotel “garden restaurant.”  Despite my Texas upbringing and a penchant for hot food around the world, I learned that a dish referred to as “Spicy BBQ Chicken” in Bangkok should not be taken likely. To quote the owner or a really good Thai restaurant in Ft Walton Beach, that dinner taught me the difference between “Thai Hot” and “White Boy Hot”.  The flight back to Melbourne at noon the next day was risky to say the least. At least I had the bulkhead aisle seat just aft of the head. 

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Sorrey, didde notte meane to macke litte of you sufferreng.........    :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:13 AM, Cruisin Loser said:

Youtube won't allow this one to be embedded, but Jamey Johnson is the real deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEOmZTYA4A

I have no explanation as to why it took me so long to click on that link. Great Music

My soon to be son in law, who has been sober for years, would agree with the sentiment!

I guess all I can really say is that there's Country music. (Mostly good) And there's shit kicker songs. (Mostly worth about nothing).

not sure this qualifies as Country, but I've always loved this song

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, chester said:

Peak Americana

Vol. 2 is better.....Sturgill Simpson is my go to in the car music right now...........

1 hour ago, Mid said:

Good tune.  But this guy was a real dick. Killed his wife. Stomped her to death.  Made his 14 yr old daughter watch. Convicted of 1st degree murder. Later good ol Ronnie Raygun gave him a pardon. 

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

I hope Harry Nilsson died before that crap was recorded.  

If you reffereng to Fred Neil clippe, it wase recorded three yeares befoire Harry covered the tune............                      :)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

If you reffereng to Fred Neil clippe, it wase recorded three yeares befoire Harry covered the tune............                      :)

Damn, I should have checked.  Not many covers surpass the original but for me, Harry's did.  

Sorry. 

Harry's was way better.

Country music is improved any time the singer does not have a hat on.  Then there is the hat and sunglasses combo at night, how fucked is that!

7 minutes ago, Randro said:

EDIT: WTF is it with this system that refuses to embed some links?

just copy and paste the link as text

btw , if you had a zillion candle spot in ya face you'd probably appreciate the sunnies ...

On 4/27/2021 at 3:39 AM, Cal20sailor said:

On 4/27/2021 at 3:39 AM, Cal20sailor said:

On 4/27/2021 at 3:43 AM, Snaggletooth said:

On 4/27/2021 at 4:00 AM, Cal20sailor said:

Damn, I should have checked.  Not many covers surpass the original but for me, Harry's did.  

Sorry. 

There is an awful lot of "cover" going on in older country.  A few I thought sounded like Willie who was a prolific writer but would also cover a tune he liked  AFAIK.  Let's not get bent about it and enjoy some of these old tuunes, covered or not....

If I'm going to listen to the New RIders of the Purple Sage, it's gotta be Panama Red. It's kitschi but entertaining nevertheless...

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...