Don't MoveTo Florida

On yet another note - Desantis signed a bill requiring a moment for school prayer. 

"The idea that you can just push God out of every institution, and be successful - I'm sorry, our founding fathers did not believe that," said Desantis.

Some quotes Desantis needs to read:

The Bible: a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalise mankind. - Thomas Paine

Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.... During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution. - James Madison

This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it. - John Adams

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law. - Thomas Jefferson

The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason. - Benjamin Franklin

The United States of America should have a foundation free from the influence of clergy. - George Washington

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

Sometimes the local Letters To The Editor can be more amusing than sad: "So I'm driving down Midway and look to the left and there in a church parking lot is a pickup truck with a Confederate fla

Yeah this. We used to have 'free campers' coming and staying a day or 2 on private land outside our back gate and on a line to our access to the waterfront. One day we got a mouthful about going throu

Posted Images

Well at least this guy seems to have done the right thing by giving back the Florida town's water supply they inadvertently sold him.

Oops.

https://apnews.com/article/fl-state-wire-florida-oddities-06eafdb630de8b57ffdefd0a947cb7cf

Easy mistake to make... I'm sure most US towns have done this sort of thing before.  Yes?

1 hour ago, Jules said:

On yet another note - Desantis signed a bill requiring a moment for school prayer. 

"The idea that you can just push God out of every institution, and be successful - I'm sorry, our founding fathers did not believe that," said Desantis.

Some quotes Desantis needs to read:

The Bible: a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalise mankind. - Thomas Paine

Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.... During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution. - James Madison

This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it. - John Adams

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law. - Thomas Jefferson

The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason. - Benjamin Franklin

The United States of America should have a foundation free from the influence of clergy. - George Washington

thanks for the info confirms my beliefs  , This should be taught in our schools , but it's not! ,

Churches /Clergy just another medicine men selling insurance policy , that if you give to my church you'll  go to heaven, well your heaven is probably my hell

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

thanks for the info confirms my beliefs  , This should be taught in our schools , but it's not! ,

Churches /Clergy just another medicine men selling insurance policy , that if you give to my church you'll  go to heaven, well your heaven is probably my hell

It's not taught in schools because politicians are more interested in getting votes than teaching the truth. 

Republicans telling the faithful the United States WASN'T founded as a christian nation could cause the faithful to vote Demoncrat.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

It's not taught in schools because politicians are more interested in getting votes than teaching the truth. 

Republicans telling the faithful the United States WASN'T founded as a christian nation could cause the faithful to vote Demoncrat.

Right on ! Republicans being Christian is a JOKE, show me one that follows Jesus teachings , Thou shall not Kill , I'll hand that one to the NRA, Thou shall not steal or lie, that one is really funny, How about feed the hungry , "food stamps" or heal the sick , "Medicare for all" How about covered the neighbors wife, ask Trump about that, and last but not least worshipping false God's, his new greatest book ever written , guess that will surpass the bible?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Not for nothing said:

Right on ! Republicans being Christian is a JOKE, show me one that follows Jesus teachings , Thou shall not Kill , I'll hand that one to the NRA, Thou shall not steal or lie, that one is really funny, How about feed the hungry , "food stamps" or heal the sick , "Medicare for all" How about covered the neighbors wife, ask Trump about that, and last but not least worshipping false God's, his new greatest book ever written , guess that will surpass the bible?

Thou shalt not covet they neighbors wife, correct??? 

How about attending Church with the wife and kids on Sunday, then banging the Secretary on Friday night???

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

How about attending Church with the wife and kids on Sunday, then banging the Secretary on Friday night???

That's only bad if the Secretary is male, black, and/or dead.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

That's only bad if the Secretary is male, black, and/or dead.

All three make it ok?

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

If your Friday comes right after Sunday, you've got worse problems.

- DSK

59 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If your Friday comes right after Sunday, you've got worse problems.

- DSK

I used to call it "working for a living". All the stuff in between parties didn't count.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I used to call it "working for a living". All the stuff in between parties didn't count.

I tried that once. Then I discovered a 'profession' where they pay you for not working.

No, I didn't become a political science professor. My standards may be low, but I have *some*.

FKT

23 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

I just think monitoring it is better than bitching on a forum, but to each his own. Do you think that volunteering my time this way is bad for some reason?

As for your suggestions, you could move and make your house available, bringing the number down to 2,999. Or is yours OK?

I think the inside of the east wall bar should be idle only but the whole harbor? That's just silly.

Putting a public sewer out in my neck of the woods would be insanely expensive and would accomplish nothing useful.

Ban all fertilizer? How about we ban all eating? Another big, stupid prohibition program is (yet again) a dumb answer.

Your monitoring is a good thing, but they don't listen.  De Shitonus and the Cabinet (except for Nikki) ignored the experts and just voted to put a new road in the Glades.

Move where? I live in Paradise and would like my great-great grand kids enjoy it.  Don't make it so easy to pave it over.  The developer of Mudrock Village says the county is great to deal with.  Sure you give them everything they want and more.  Recently the county gave Impact Fee relief to a developer for putting in the turn lane for his development.   Or how about the EDC allowing Babcock to issue tax free bonds for them to put in utilities.

You've seen the prop scars.  Is 1,500 feet from any shoreline including Bull and Turtle Bay, OK?

Any day now, someone is going to buy one of the groves on your Loop and put in a gated subdivision.  Hopefully they will do like the developer on Riverside Drive and do a partnership with Fat Point and extend the current system to service your new neighbors.  If it passes by your driveway, will you hook up to it?

How about extending the current summertime fertilizer moratorium?  Especially to any property within 1,000? feet of a WOTUS.

No mention of weed killer.  They keep telling me that it breaks down, but I have not researched what it breaks down into.  But no one has assured me that it has not killed a single blade of grass in the harbor. 

1 hour ago, Fat Point Jack said:

You've seen the prop scars.  Is 1,500 feet from any shoreline including Bull and Turtle Bay, OK?

That at least makes more sense but I'd say 1,000 ft to avoid moving existing signs.

Any day now, someone is going to buy one of the groves on your Loop and put in a gated subdivision. 

You're a bit behind the times. Several of my neighbors who bought pieces of the old orange grove from my family have installed gates.

If it passes by your driveway, will you hook up to it?

I don't think people in places like Charlotte Park and Riverside have a choice. Not sure how many pump stations I'd have to install to get sewage all the way from my houses to the road.

How about extending the current summertime fertilizer moratorium?  Especially to any property within 1,000? feet of a WOTUS.

That's every property. Hard to get 1,000 ft from some seasonal puddle that's adjacent to navigable water.

No mention of weed killer.  They keep telling me that it breaks down, but I have not researched what it breaks down into.  But no one has assured me that it has not killed a single blade of grass in the harbor. 

So the basis is that you think (without researching it) that it has killed harbor grass? I'm back to the "collecting data is good" position.

In local news, tomorrow at 3 pm is the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Charlotte Harbor Community Sailing Center facility in the Port Charlotte Beach Complex. I'm guessing it was a northern transplant who figured out that 3 pm on a June afternoon was a good time to do anything outdoors. Anyway, I'll be there, possibly with a Stray Goat in tow. I hope other sailors in the area will show up to support the Center.

Friday at 7 am I guess we'll start removing the fleet from my driveway and putting it back at the Center. I hope other sailors in the area will show up to lug heavy stuff around.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

In local news, tomorrow at 3 pm is the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Charlotte Harbor Community Sailing Center facility in the Port Charlotte Beach Complex. I'm guessing it was a northern transplant who figured out that 3 pm on a June afternoon was a good time to do anything outdoors. Anyway, I'll be there, possibly with a Stray Goat in tow. I hope other sailors in the area will show up to support the Center.

Friday at 7 am I guess we'll start removing the fleet from my driveway and putting it back at the Center. I hope other sailors in the area will show up to lug heavy stuff around.

Have hitch, will travel.  Your place at 7!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Have hitch, will travel.  Your place at 7!

I was sorta kidding about that part but appreciate the offer. Not sure if we're really moving boats Friday or not but I'll find out tomorrow at the ceremony what the plan is going to be. On this date last year, we had a Kids Camp going. I know we're going to try to get some kids out sailing this summer but if dates have been set I haven't seen them yet.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:57 AM, Fat Point Jack said:

Don't make it so easy to pave it over.  The developer of Mudrock Village says the county is great to deal with.  Sure you give them everything they want and more.  Recently the county gave Impact Fee relief to a developer for putting in the turn lane for his development.   Or how about the EDC allowing Babcock to issue tax free bonds for them to put in utilities.

Let's not forget the Sunseeker eyesore on Charlotte Harbor, that that still shows no sign of starting back up..
sunseekereyesore.jpg.2a87e87ef7f3d643ddebc101991dce56.jpg

Good News!  Desantis is sending Florida sheriff's officers to the Mexico boarder to fend off brown people.  But who will mow his fat cat donor's lawn now?

It's amazing what politicians will do to prepare for an upcoming election.  Even more amazing is voters buying this bullshit.

41 minutes ago, Jules said:

Even more amazing is voters buying this bullshit.

His voters got a taste of it and now they hunger for it, as long as it gives them an enemy to hate and fear. 

BA2DC6BF-0F39-4639-B794-7E57C8BA1994.jpeg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Jules said:

Good News!  Desantis is sending Florida sheriff's officers to the Mexico boarder to fend off brown people.  But who will mow his fat cat donor's lawn now?

It's amazing what politicians will do to prepare for an upcoming election.  Even more amazing is voters buying this bullshit.

Why doesn't he worry about Florida and build a wall around his state?

Where do most U.S. immigrants live? Nearly half (45%) of the nation's immigrants live in just three states: California (24%), Texas (11%) and Florida (10%). California had the largest immigrant population of any state in 2018, at 10.6 million. Texas, Florida and New York had more than 4 million immigrants each.

but then who would cut the lawns down here or work at Margot log o , 

For every illegal gets a free leaf blower in florida

The new Charlotte Harbor Community Sailing Center!

SailingCenterRibbon.jpg

That's a county commissioner at the podium, a Sailing Anarchist who runs the Charlotte Harbor Regatta in the foreground, and our fearless leader Dennis just behind his shoulder.

The pavilion is not part of the Center, just a park addition. The pole barn at left and the building at right in the background are for our boats and our stuff.

They're moving some of the boats from another board member's yard today. I think we'll get to the ones in my yard this weekend.

• Like 1

They handed out a fact sheet for taxpayers and bean counters.

SailingCenterCosts.jpeg

Hmm... Two pole barns, a two car garage, and an 8 foot fence with a couple of big gates.

If I had such things built here and got a six figure bill, the first digit had better be a one or I'd be inclined to call a lawyer.

They even let me help cut the ribbon (after the County Commissioners cut the "real" ribbon.)

CHCSCBoardRibbonCut.jpg

That's most of the Sailing Center Bored, and maybe a couple of stragglers.

A local newpaper reporter interviewed us afterward. She used to be a tenant in one of my rental homes so a positive piece likely appeared in today's paper but I haven't seen it yet.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Verrrrry Interesting. Tom is a socks and sandal guy.  

Not all that surprising. 

Not sure why I'm so interesting to you. The feeling isn't mutual, but thanks anyway.

This is a 2012 picture. Enjoy!

fashiontrainwreck.jpg

54 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

Not sure why I'm so interesting to you. The feeling isn't mutual, but thanks anyway.

fashiontrainwreck.jpg

I think you've posted this previously. I have an incredible memory and an innate distrust for attention-whoring. That's it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

The new Charlotte Harbor Community Sailing Center!

SailingCenterRibbon.jpg

That's a county commissioner at the podium, a Sailing Anarchist who runs the Charlotte Harbor Regatta in the foreground, and our fearless leader Dennis just behind his shoulder.

The pavilion is not part of the Center, just a park addition. The pole barn at left and the building at right in the background are for our boats and our stuff.

They're moving some of the boats from another board member's yard today. I think we'll get to the ones in my yard this weekend.

The Learn To Sail guys are jealous.

Local Trumpster nasty letter writers are getting some more press.  Seems some of the authors are signing Michael Flynn's name and using his real address on the envelope. 

Flynn stated he is NOT writing those letters.  He's just telling them what to write.

7 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

They even let me help cut the ribbon (after the County Commissioners cut the "real" ribbon.)

CHCSCBoardRibbonCut.jpg

That's most of the Sailing Center Bored, and maybe a couple of stragglers.

A local newpaper reporter interviewed us afterward. She used to be a tenant in one of my rental homes so a positive piece likely appeared in today's paper but I haven't seen it yet.

Hey, is that Roger Strube in the white knee highs??

4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:
5 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

fashiontrainwreck.jpg

Expand  

I think you've posted this previously. I have an incredible memory and an innate distrust for attention-whoring. That's it.

Funny - that's much how I pictured him.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

Local Trumpster nasty letter writers are getting some more press.  Seems some of the authors are signing Michael Flynn's name and using his real address on the envelope. 

Flynn stated he is NOT writing those letters.  He's just telling them what to write.

Let stop paying his pension (s) or better, lock him up.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

fashiontrainwreck.jpg

Where are the fashion police when you need them.

13 hours ago, Huggy Bear Brown said:

Hey, is that Roger Strube in the white knee highs??

Yes it is. I think he has a medical excuse for those things.

• Like 1

The FUCK BIDEN crowd was out in force this weekend.  The recently passed sign ordinance created what those with simple common sense (city council excluded) expected.

The F-Troop (those who can't express their opinions without using the F word) want everyone to know they are well versed in the use of the word, "FUCK." 

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2021/06/18/punta-gorda-residents-protest-ordinance-banning-vulgar-language/

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

The FUCK BIDEN crowd was out in force this weekend.  The recently passed sign ordinance created what those with simple common sense (city council excluded) expected.

The F-Troop (those who can't express their opinions without using the F word) want everyone to know they are well versed in the use of the word, "FUCK." 

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2021/06/18/punta-gorda-residents-protest-ordinance-banning-vulgar-language/

Col. W. Kurtz (Ret) adgreede 110%, hippocracey ist hippocracey.

:)

Uh, oh.  Florida ranked 2nd least patriotic state.  Only New York was ranked lower.  Of course a lot of New Yorkers move to Florida.

Florida is 2nd least patriotic state in country, new survey says

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida is 49th in the United States when it comes to patriotism, according a new survey.

The only state less patriotic than the Sunshine State, according to the WalletHub survey, was New York.

The survey ranked each state’s level of patriotism on five categories:

• Number of military enlistees
  • Veterans per capita
  • Peace Corps volunteers per capita
  • Percent of adults who voted in the 2020 Presidential Election
  • How many people do volunteer work

The survey ranks were scaled from 1 to 50, with separate numbers for military engagement and civic engagement.

The most patriotic state in the country, according to the survey, was Montana. The state scored an overall 61.91 on the survey’s patriotism scale.

Florida scored a 23.17, landing the state at 49 on the list. The only state with a worse score was New York with 21.64.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

Uh, oh.  Florida ranked 2nd least patriotic state.  Only New York was ranked lower.  Of course a lot of New Yorkers move to Florida.

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida is 49th in the United States when it comes to patriotism, according a new survey.

The only state less patriotic than the Sunshine State, according to the WalletHub survey, was New York.

• Veterans per capita

The survey ranks were scaled from 1 to 50, with separate numbers for military engagement and civic engagement.

The most patriotic state in the country, according to the survey, was Montana. The state scored an overall 61.91 on the survey’s patriotism scale.

Florida scored a 23.17, landing the state at 49 on the list. The only state with a worse score was New York with 21.64.

They obviously didn't poll for loyalty to the Confederacy.

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

They obviously didn't poll for loyalty to the Confederacy.

That can't be right? look at all the good old boys flying flags from their trucks

image.jpeg.47235c258d33bf15122b0df0d5ce0df4.jpegimage.jpeg.da4ed0de14c26f5f4d6ccef53b68c01d.jpeg

15 hours ago, Jules said:

• Veterans per capita

now wtf does the peace corp have to do with patriotism?

breaking News Miami starts to fall into the ocean , just the beginning you build high risers on  coral/sand not bedrock, and the tide comes in or this case under

Rescuers rushing to partial building collapse near Miami Beach

items.[0].image.alt

Santo Mejil, 50, was roused out of bed when his wife called from a unit on the ninth floor of the south condo, one of three buildings that make up the Champlain Towers complex. She is an overnight caretaker for an elderly disabled woman.

“She said she heard a big explosion. It felt like an earthquake,” Mejil told the Miami Herald.

706867540_image_168711691.thumb.JPG.b431e0508eb4d9dbaad1f9ab1e460068.JPG

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article252324218.html

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Mafia concrete?

It sounds like John D. MacDonald's old novel "Condominium"

Probably just plain old Florida concrete. Occam's Razor and all that.

I was watching a live cam this morning and it looked like the ground on the side of the building that DIDN'T collapse had sunk a few feet.  Maybe the falling rubble collapsed a shelf above an underground hollow.  Not good.

report that there is a twin of the fallen building 3 lots north of the site

ocean side fell 40 year old bld undergoing insp and repairs

one dead body about 50 missing

got to wonder about value of such towers after the collapse of that one

even if not likely to fall down themselves

how much are the values lost for the towers units esp ocean front sand bar ones

domino effects or  will the condo curse continue to line the coasts ?

This morning's paper had an article from the Miami Herald titled, "DeSantis Doing A Great Trump Impression."

DeSantis is certainly doing a better job at being a fascist leader.  And he's vying to be the Rs next presidential nominee.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jules said:

DeSantis is certainly doing a better job at being a fascist leader.  And he's vying to be the Rs next presidential nominee.

Those two things being together aren't a coincidence.

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:
2 hours ago, Jules said:

Those two things being together aren't a coincidence.

DeSantis scares me.  I've been watching him pander to the base and he's much better than Trump was, in that he knows just how far to push things.  And he is smart enough to throw enough crumbs at the liberals so as to cause them to think that maybe he's not so bad.  I've seen that a lot here.

Trump was like the test pilot - pushing the plane to the limit, seeing how far America will let him go.  And power hungry politicians like DeSantis learned from him, and apparently learned well.  The fascist (R) machine would be more than happy to support him. 

With the present political climate in America, I believe DeSantis has the best chance of any Republican to win their 2024 nomination.  And considering the weak candidates the DNC continues to offer, DeSantis could end up in the White House.  Then democracy is truly fucked.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

DeSantis scares me.  I've been watching him pander to the base and he's much better than Trump was, in that he knows just how far to push things.  And he is smart enough to throw enough crumbs at the liberals so as to cause them to think that maybe he's not so bad.  I've seen that a lot here.

Trump was like the test pilot - pushing the plane to the limit, seeing how far America will let him go.  And power hungry politicians like DeSantis learned from him, and apparently learned well.  The fascist (R) machine would be more than happy to support him. 

With the present political climate in America, I believe DeSantis has the best chance of any Republican to win their 2024 nomination.  And considering the weak candidates the DNC continues to offer, DeSantis could end up in the White House.  Then democracy is truly fucked.

Sad but true.  I fear what 2024 will bring.  Hopefully the Ds will come out in even greater numbers than 2020, providing all of the Red state voter restriction laws will get struck down one way or another.  

Just now, Ed Lada said:

Sad but true.  I fear what 2024 will bring.  Hopefully the Ds will come out in even greater numbers than 2020, providing all of the Red state voter restriction laws will get struck down one way or another.  

If an article I read today is correct, Rs have a legislative majority in 30 states while Ds only have 18 (mainland states).  And with all the R judges put on the bench during the past administration, striking down restrictive election laws will be a challenge. 

If I am sounding all gloom and doom, I live in a fascist state and see first hand how many people are completely happy with it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jules said:

If an article I read today is correct, Rs have a legislative majority in 30 states while Ds only have 18 (mainland states).  And with all the R judges put on the bench during the past administration, striking down restrictive election laws will be a challenge. 

If I am sounding all gloom and doom, I live in a fascist state and see first hand how many people are completely happy with it.

Not doom and gloom in my opinion, just seeing reality.  

On the one hand people deserve the government they get, on the other hand, some of us have to suffer for the stupidity of the masses.  

When I become emperor of the world, things will change bigly.

• Like 1

Can someone point me to the PA thread that explains why both parties seem to be accused of supporting Facist, Marxist, Communist, fill-in-your-ist of choice?

Both D and R are equally accused of the same thing with enthusiasm from the other side.

Goofy times.

Meanwhile, its hot here where I live, and cooler in FL.

Should I move there?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Windward said:

Can someone point me to the PA thread that explains why both parties seem to be accused of supporting Facist, Marxist, Communist, fill-in-your-ist of choice?

Both D and R are equally accused of the same thing with enthusiasm from the other side.

If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand...

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Seriously Jules, why don't you move to somewhere less fascist?  You couldn't pay me to move to Florida!!  We love New England, except for December to March, but we go to Charleston, SC to break up the winter, and visit both daughters.......

I've been telling Jules for years, both here and elsewhere, that she should move here - she'd fit right in and be a lot happier.

There are some places here that aren't all snow, all the time.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I've been telling Jules for years, both here and elsewhere, that she should move here - she'd fit right in and be a lot happier.

There are some places here that aren't all snow, all the time.

How can one move to Canada when the border is closed?  I am looking to buy a car that's in St. Catherines, Ontario, and the only way I can get it across the border is to pay 2 grand for a professional car mover......

3 hours ago, Windward said:

Goofy times.

Meanwhile, its hot here where I live, and cooler in FL.

Should I move there?

I feel your pain, for the 1st time ever it was uncomfortably hot, in my basement!

Should be a bit better tonight, the hour is coming up on 14:40 & it's a mere 85F, well into triple digits at this hour yesterday.

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

How can one move to Canada when the border is closed?  I am looking to buy a car that's in St. Catherines, Ontario, and the only way I can get it across the border is to pay 2 grand for a professional car mover......

Wait a few weeks - the restrictions are starting to come off.

We won't be required to wear masks indoors in crowds after July 1st. The border is more dependent on the high degree of "personal freedom" stupidity in the States though so...

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Wait a few weeks - the restrictions are starting to come off.

We won't be required to wear masks indoors in crowds after July 1st. The border is more dependent on the high degree of "personal freedom" stupidity in the States though so...

I hope you are right, but with the raging new Delta version of Covid among us, and half of the southern states barely vaccinated, I would expect your border restrictions to tighten up, rather than loosen up in the next six months.....

6 hours ago, animeproblem said:

I feel your pain, for the 1st time ever it was uncomfortably hot, in my basement!

Should be a bit better tonight, the hour is coming up on 14:40 & it's a mere 85F, well into triple digits at this hour yesterday.

you haven't lived until it's 95F at midnight..

I was in juneau once , guy was complaining about the heatwave.. it was 62*

14 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

You are of course quite right, & admittedly what we don't really get much here in the PNW is humidity.

Which also explains the rarity of air con around here.

13 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

It's 83 at my desk at work, at 62, like Floridians, I put a sweater on!!

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Buncha pussies - I'm in shorts and a T-shirt at 62.

I had a friend of mine  from North Dakota, she said there were times she wore shorts and t-shirts when it was 0*F...    and I was like,   'cause it was  -40* the week before? 

uh-huh... 

I'm still trying to get my head around 117° in Portland and northwards. In my neighborhood, all ears and eyes are glued to the 5th named tropical storm firming up. Green New Deal might be too little too late.

mean while the gulf stream getting colder ;Dead fish washing ashore caused by cold water upwelling, officials say     No contaminants found in water

A blue parrotfish was among scores of dead reef fish washed ashore in Palm Beach on Saturday.

On 6/29/2021 at 3:54 PM, billy backstay said:

Seriously Jules, why don't you move to somewhere less fascist?

With the ridiculously high prices houses are going for here, I've been seriously thinking about it.  But we have a lot of great friends here.  The SO has a good paying job.  I am only now just finishing getting the woodworking shop setup.  And, at 70, I don't have the energy for another move and starting all over again.

And then there's the master bathroom...  The last room to remodel and then I'm done. 

I just need to stop reading the newspaper and watching the news.  Then I could enjoy the bliss of ignorance. B)

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Jules said:

I just need to stop reading the newspaper and watching the news.  Then I could enjoy the bliss of ignorance. B)

Good advice!! :-)

53 minutes ago, Jules said:

That's why I get all my news and relevant global economic data right here on SA.

It's the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jules said:

With the ridiculously high prices houses are going for here, I've been seriously thinking about it.  But we have a lot of great friends here.  The SO has a good paying job.  I am only now just finishing getting the woodworking shop setup.  And, at 70, I don't have the energy for another move and starting all over again.

And then there's the master bathroom...  The last room to remodel and then I'm done. 

With what is going on in Florida politics, here's some food for thought Jules.

First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jules said:

DO NOT

I REPEAT DO NOT

Finish your House/Home

Good friends long ago built a Beautiful HOME out of her parents house (they bought it)

they worked a Labor of LOVE for a few years

It Was Beautiful and Perfect

once it was finished they began to stare at eachother

their mission completed

they divorced in less than a year

they likely would Still be going strong as a couple Today

If they kept working as a Team on the house

jus sayin

1 hour ago, Windward said:

That's why I get all my news and relevant global economic data right here on SA.

It's the gift that keeps on giving. 

thank GAWD you didn't say PA ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

DO NOT

I REPEAT DO NOT

Finish your House/Home

jus sayin

Aw, hell, Woody.  I've always got something going.  And if we ever finish the house, there's a boat out back calling me.  But the only time I have lived in a house that was finished was when we listed it for sale until we sold it three weeks later.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:46 AM, DA-WOODY said:

DO NOT

I REPEAT DO NOT

Finish your House/Home

Good friends long ago built a Beautiful HOME out of her parents house (they bought it)

they worked a Labor of LOVE for a few years

It Was Beautiful and Perfect

once it was finished they began to stare at eachother

their mission completed

they divorced in less than a year

they likely would Still be going strong as a couple Today

If they kept working as a Team on the house

jus sayin

Sounds like War of the Roses

I'm going to drink this all weekend and see what happens.

IMG_6038.thumb.JPG.45d3ce2204becc34ad2c157b9d38ab9a.JPG

Actually Cigar City brew some really nice beers and this one is no exception...alcohol content is bit high thou...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Elegua said:

I'm going to drink this all weekend and see what happens.

IMG_6038.thumb.JPG.45d3ce2204becc34ad2c157b9d38ab9a.JPG

Actually Cigar City brew some really nice beers and this one is no exception...alcohol content is bit high thou...

dbl ipa...     it'll fuck you up faster than you'll realize,  appropriately named..