Don't MoveTo Florida

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

"It became necessary to destroy the town in order to save it."  Many people quote a paraphrased version, "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."  

It seems to me that the current minority party is attempting to do just that to the country.  WTF?  If they get their way it will be one hell of a pyrrhic victory.

What is most shocking is how many people would read or hear that kind of political bullshit and simply accept it.  We see that today.  Some well known leader or TV talking head makes illogical remarks and people just nod in agreement.  There seems to be no desire to stop and think.

Maybe they should call themselves The Lemming Society.

(and I just googled that to see if it already exists, and sure enough...)

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes the local Letters To The Editor can be more amusing than sad: "So I'm driving down Midway and look to the left and there in a church parking lot is a pickup truck with a Confederate fla

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

I'm reading Scott Turow's The Last Trial.  In it one of the main characters, a defense attorney (Stern), has to interview a witness for the prosecution who lives in Naples, FL. "In the last two d

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Are you kidding? I think that's a doublewide!

Even more then.

"Get offa my lawn" carried to extremes.

Well, at least nobody started shooting, so there's that.

16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, at least nobody started shooting, so there's that.

That's because Floridians know everyone here is armed to the teeth.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:40 AM, Jules said:

Was in St. Augustine once.  Did the fort tour, walked the streets, but it was getting to that time of day, when the sun fries you to a crisp.  Found a place across the street where we stayed, the Santa Maria Restaurant, built over the water.  It was a dump but we were thirsty.

The bartender was the only employee.  He looked like an old surfer dude.  We ordered a couple of rum runners.  We were in heaven!  The drinks were excellent, the view of the water was great, and the AC was blasting the heat out of us.  Fond memory.

Santa Maria demolished I think.  Hopefully it gets rebuilt.

St, Aug was really nice.  St. Johns county has exploded and continues to develop and it is becoming solid city from Fernandina through St. Augustine, much like So FL.  Thankfully there are some ocean front preserves along that stretch that will hopefully stay that way.  

Flagler Beach area is still pretty nice and laid back.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, Not for nothing said:

There's a great Bar in Jax beach , I believe the end of Atlantic ave. called  Ragtime Tavern , Troy would make me great Mt.Gay rum drinks, in my drinking days

That whole "corner" is "the place to be" for the beautiful people, or at least it was pre-covid.  Ragtime could get so packed it was impossible to get in.  It is officially in Atlantic Beach by the way.  People in Atlantic Beach don't like to be mistaken for Jax Beach residents.

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

That whole "corner" is "the place to be" for the beautiful people, or at least it was pre-covid.  Ragtime could get so packed it was impossible to get in.  It is officially in Atlantic Beach by the way.  People in Atlantic Beach don't like to be mistaken for Jax Beach residents.

when at Jax beach we ate at the Fish Camp right across the street from ragtime..  it was def a pretty busy area and all the summer people were out...

also, hung out at the green room brewery at jax beach,  good selection of beers and very tasty

1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

when at Jax beach we ate at the Fish Camp right across the street from ragtime..  it was def a pretty busy area and all the summer people were out...

The fish camp is in Neptune Beach :-).  They also don't like to be confused with Jax Bch residents.  There is definitely a pecking order.

Yeah, most places in that that corner are way beyond my social status.  I ride bicycles through there sort of often.  Some friends of mine live in Neptune and we ride at Hanna Park, near Mayport, a lot, coming in off the beach to avoid paying the $5 entry fee.  First trail you come to off the beach is called "tightwad".

There is a dive hotel and bar in that corner area, "the lemon bar" that is pretty popular if you visit again.  Right on the beach.

Something like 600 people a day are moving to Florida.  Reports are many of them want to escape the virus and/or the oppressive restrictions some governors have used in an attempt to slow the spread of the pandemic - like mask wearing.

Florida is leading the country in cases reported, about 20% of the nation's cases. 

And now...

Orlando Area Now In ‘Crisis Mode’ Amid Covid-19 Surge, Mayor Says

20 minutes ago, Jules said:

Something like 600 people a day are moving to Florida.  Reports are many of them want to escape the virus and/or the oppressive restrictions some governors have used in an attempt to slow the spread of the pandemic - like mask wearing.

Florida is leading the country in cases reported, about 20% of the nation's cases. 

And now...

Orlando Area Now In ‘Crisis Mode’ Amid Covid-19 Surge, Mayor Says

I'm shocked, shocked!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

I think I read something close to that 20-30 years ago too.

My parents escaped South Florida for rural North Florida in the 1970's...I should follow a friend of mine that escaped Florida for Pamlico Sound!  

3 hours ago, Jules said:

So the stupids are congregating in Floriduh. :D

Darwin central.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Darwin central.

No, that's Arkansas... 

24 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

No, that's Arkansas... 

pockets of them are everywhere

38 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

No, that's Arkansas... 

I thought he gave up on Arkansas years ago.

8 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

pockets of them are everywhere

read Suckrementoe Kalifornia

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Darwin central.

Does that make me a sort of Jane Goodall, observing them?

• Like 2

can't wait till south of PGA Blvd .and east of Ditch is under water, moon wobble every 18.6  years 

18.6 Year Lunar Cycle May Dramatically Increase Floods On Earth - YouTube

surfside condo only the being as predicted 7 years ago

South Florida's Rising Seas - Sea Level Rise Documentary - YouTube

Punta Gorda officials have a new problem on their hands -

"There is an ongoing problem with people living and sleeping in the parks (Gilchrist and Laisley) overnight," said Mayor Lynn Matthews. 

"They are not just doing their laundry, they are bathing in the bathrooms and that's a whole different problem... that's nasty!"

"They are using our facilities for ill means and that has really been the problem."

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Does that make me a sort of Jane Goodall, observing them?

Only sort of.  Jane had developed quite a bond and even a kind of loving relationship with the gorillas she studied.  And apparently the big apes felt the same way about her.

I don't get that vibe from you with the Floridians.  

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I always worried about Goodall from that personal standpoint.

Not an unreasonable thing to worry about.  If it were happening nowadays, she would have an Instagram account and Facebook page and we would know everything.  Back in the day, well who knows what was happening out there!

Freaky ‘Penis Snakes’ Have Finally Made It to the U.S., and of Course They Chose Florida

1491478079_ScreenShot2021-07-28at3_34_14PM.thumb.jpg.25fc9908422de2e3e208f96d9722a133.jpg

DNA analysis confirms that an eel-like creature pulled from a Florida canal two years ago is a caecilian, otherwise known as the “penis snake.” The same canal has since yielded several other specimens, leading to concerns that the non-native amphibian has taken root in the United States.

“To our knowledge, this represents the first record of a caecilian in Florida or anywhere else in the United States,” declares new research published in Reptiles & Amphibians. 

The 2-foot-long specimen was captured by members of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission in Miami’s Tamiami Canal, also known as the C-4 Canal, on November 7, 2019. Personnel with the FWC were conducting a routine survey of the canal when they netted the single live specimen in shallow waters near Miami International Airport.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:34 PM, hobie1616 said:

Freaky ‘Penis Snakes’ Have Finally Made It to the U.S., and of Course They Chose Florida

No, Floridians chose it.  Which is exactly the problem.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, Ed Lada said:

Not an unreasonable thing to worry about.  If it were happening nowadays, she would have an Instagram account and Facebook page and we would know everything.  Back in the day, well who knows what was happening out there!

f566f6df3a8a004473dd6f9932c17a8f.jpeg

• Like 1

Florida Records Highest-Ever Daily COVID-19 Case Count, More Than 21,000

DeSanata wants to kill all republicans, good way to not to get reelected!

WTF=Welcome To Florida

18 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

DeSanata wants to kill all republicans, good way to not to get reelected

According to the recent letters to the editor here, it seems more and more locals are turning on the "Don't Fauci My Florida" guy.  But he's starting to change his message some and there's little doubt in my mind if he takes the responsible road, voters will forget how instrumental he's been in supporting the pandemic.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

WTF=Welcome To Florida

This LTE published yesterday says it all...

Editor:

Knock, knock, who's next?  Ya never know who's at your door.  The Biden government vaccine guy?  Or, perhaps a George Floyd look alike.  BLM protesters?  Maybe even a Punta Gorda sign enforcement officer.  For security purposes, my gun of choice is a (legal) 12-inch, sawed-off shotgun.  You can't miss and it's cheaper on ammo than an assault rifle.

The Biden hoax drones on - CRT, Critical Race Theory?  Karl Marx must be spinning with glee in his tomb.

Here's one people are having fun with:  The border?  OK, here's the deal - bwhaha, cackle, snort.  That's Kamala Harris, vice president of the United States.  A heartbeat from the presidency.  A model for marijuana.  Congress doesn't test for dope.  I wonder why.

Folks, just vote a straight Republican ticket and all this BS will disappear.

DeSantis for Florida governor, 2022.

Trump/DeSantis 2024.  Make votes count again.

It ain't over till it's over.

• Downvote 1
4 hours ago, Jules said:

voters will forget how instrumental he's been in supporting the pandemic.

That will only take about two weeks.

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Editor:

Knock, knock, who's next?  Ya never know who's at your door.  The Biden government vaccine guy?  Or, perhaps a George Floyd look alike.  BLM protesters?  Maybe even a Punta Gorda sign enforcement officer.  For security purposes, my gun of choice is a (legal) 12-inch, sawed-off shotgun.  You can't miss and it's cheaper on ammo than an assault rifle.

The Biden hoax drones on - CRT, Critical Race Theory?  Karl Marx must be spinning with glee in his tomb.

Here's one people are having fun with:  The border?  OK, here's the deal - bwhaha, cackle, snort.  That's Kamala Harris, vice president of the United States.  A heartbeat from the presidency.  A model for marijuana.  Congress doesn't test for dope.  I wonder why.

Folks, just vote a straight Republican ticket and all this BS will disappear.

DeSantis for Florida governor, 2022.

Trump/DeSantis 2024.  Make votes count again.

It ain't over till it's over.

The handful of sane people in Floriduh must despair for the future of humanity.

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He's 80 years old with obviously nothing more to do in his life other than watch FOX propaganda all day.

Oh, and write letters to the editor explaining why people should vote Republican.  Sure sold me! 

42 minutes ago, Jules said:
53 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He's 80 years old with obviously nothing more to do in his life other than watch FOX propaganda all day.

Oh, and write letters to the editor explaining why people should vote Republican.  Sure sold me! 

Can't figure out how to get on Facebook, huh?

We have a number of folks like that here, most have grandkids that have introduced them to "social media"

FWIW their "reasoning" is not persuasive to me either. Most are far more deluded and tedious than Dogballs.

- DSK

6 hours ago, Jules said:

Editor:

For security purposes, my gun of choice is a (legal) 12-inch, sawed-off shotgun.  You can't miss and it's cheaper on ammo than an assault rifle.

Florida Statute § 790.221, states, “it is unlawful for any person to own or to have in his or her care, custody, possession, or control any short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun which is, or may readily be made, operable; but this section shall not apply to antique firearms. Short-barreled rifles/shotguns: Also known as “sawed-off” weapons. Per Florida Statute § 790.001, a short-barreled rifle has one or more barrels less than 16 inches long. A short-barreled shotgun has barrels shorter than 18 inches.”

If you're a big fan of "Mad Max" or "Terminator 2," you might be wondering: Are sawed-off shotguns legal in Florida? According to section 790.221 of the Florida Statutes Title XLVI – that would be the "Crimes" section – the answer is a clear "no." On the panhandle, it's illegal to possess a short-barreled shotgun, rifle or machine gun. Florida gun statutes define "short-barreled" as having one or more barrels measuring less than 18 inches in length or, more broadly, as "any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches." Anyone with a short-barreled shotgun or rifle in her care, custody or possession may be slapped with a second-degree felony charge.

might want to report to the authorities that the writer is in the possession of a illegal firearm a second degree felony

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

might want to report to the authorities that the writer is in the possession of a illegal firearm a second degree felony

Yep... right after reading his letter I checked the Florida statute and hoped Mr. Delightful would get a knock on his door.  Think he'd greet the cops with his trusty shot gun?

A few days ago an article in the local paper addressed the huge surge in real estate prices and the buying frenzy that created it.  According to the author, the reasons people are moving to Florida

• Warm weather
  • Clean  air & water
  • Great healthcare
  • To escape the pandemic

The reality

• The weather in the summer isn't warm.  It's more like a steam bath, with heat index numbers often in triple digits.  People here stay indoors during the summer like people up north do in the winter.  It just costs a lot more here to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.
  • Recent headlines in the local paper talked of "tons of dead fish" from red tide, which lets off bacteria into the air dangerously harmful to some people.   Now the Army Corps of Engineers has recommended dumping more toxic water out of the polluted Lake O. 
  • The two local hospitals in this aged county have never been graded higher than a "C" with one occasionally getting an "F".
  • Florida now has 20% of the national COVID infections.  And infections are climbing exponentially.  While the governor only recently flipped on getting vaccines, he just issued an order that schools cannot mandate mask wearing.  

And then there's buying a house when real estate prices are at an all time high....

23 minutes ago, Jules said:

And then there's buying a house when real estate prices are at an all time high....

I know you recently moved there but It sounds like a good time to sell and move to a more civilized state.  

North of the Mason Dixon line is a good idea as always.  

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Jules said:

A few days ago an article in the local paper addressed the huge surge in real estate prices and the buying frenzy that created it.  According to the author, the reasons people are moving to Florida

• Warm weather
  • Clean  air & water
  • Great healthcare
  • To escape the pandemic

The reality

• The weather in the summer isn't warm.  It's more like a steam bath, with heat index numbers often in triple digits.  People here stay indoors during the summer like people up north do in the winter.  It just costs a lot more here to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.
  • Recent headlines in the local paper talked of "tons of dead fish" from red tide, which lets off bacteria into the air dangerously harmful to some people.   Now the Army Corps of Engineers has recommended dumping more toxic water out of the polluted Lake O. 
  • The two local hospitals in this aged county have never been graded higher than a "C" with one occasionally getting an "F".
  • Florida now has 20% of the national COVID infections.  And infections are climbing exponentially.  While the governor only recently flipped on getting vaccines, he just issued an order that schools cannot mandate mask wearing.  

My wife grew up in Florida and we purchased a condo during the last FL real estate bubble. Just now getting back to breakeven numbers.

My wife moved to the US two years ago from a more civilized country, first to that librul hell-hole Little Beirut aka Portland Oregon, which she just loved. She mistakenly thought the whole country was like that. Then I changed jobs and moved to SE Floriduh. I get a whine about "When can we move back?" at least once a week. 

Winter is OK, but over-run with people. Summer is hot and no-one went home this year. People with badly skewed ideas of what having money entitles you to do or behave.  Some of the transplant Canukistanians and Tri-state Area folks manage to out-redneck the local rednecks, who have long ago been forced inland.  Just try finding an annual rental right now. 

Ok, whining over. The state park system is pretty good. 

• Like 1

And Now, Penis Snakes

Some rather phallic snakes have turned up in a South Florida canal

The legless amphibians — technically called caecilians but also dubbed “rubber eels” and, more puerilely, “penis snakes” — have recently been discovered in South Florida, which is noteworthy because the vaguely phallic creatures are native to Colombia and Venezuela

30 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Guess we can't blame the Rooskis for this one.

Hey, don't look at me.  I can't help it if I'm well endowed! :lol:

And I've never been to Florida and I intend to keep it that way.

23 hours ago, Jules said:

heh. Short timer. We had a far crazier real estate bubble here in the 2000's. My dad sold a couple of lots with owner financing and they came back. I just sold them for about half what he got.

At that time, lots near me in Ridge Harbor went for 30k. These are 5k lots. They were selling for 10k recently and are probably higher now, but not approaching 30k again. Yet.

1 hour ago, Excoded Tom said:

heh. Short timer. We had a far crazier real estate bubble here in the 2000's. My dad sold a couple of lots with owner financing and they came back. I just sold them for about half what he got.

At that time, lots near me in Ridge Harbor went for 30k. These are 5k lots. They were selling for 10k recently and are probably higher now, but not approaching 30k again. Yet.

Our friends just a couple house down bought during that time.  Their "zestimate" is only now getting close to what they paid for it.  A couple other friends bought a vacant lot back then for $600K.  They sold it just before the bubble started growing for the same amount.

We bought in 2015.  If Zillow was accurate, the house is now worth almost twice what we paid.  But sometimes their estimates look like they are smoking crack. 

Zillow's algorithms are bad at accounting for high-impact amenities like views, docks, etc. I like to set up a filter on geography, siting, square footage, views, etc and then check out the properties I consider most comparable based on any high-impact amenities my property has. 

49 minutes ago, Jules said:

If Zillow was accurate...

You get what you pay for.  

Call a local realtor if you want a good idea on prices.  

20 minutes ago, IStream said:

Zillow's algorithms are bad at accounting for high-impact amenities like views, docks, etc. I like to set up a filter on geography, siting, square footage, views, etc and then check out the properties I consider most comparable based on any high-impact amenities my property has. 

Zillow is good and bad, has most listing and average prices, for pictures they get it from the realtor,

I found them lacking in monthly cost, that's were you need to do your homework, ie, interest rates, money down, extra costing fees, Taxes are a close avg. HOA fee , if it says N/A it's any where from $0 to $1000+. Also insurance is way off, The house I just brought had Ins. at 60 a month it ended up being 300 amonth 

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

You get what you pay for.  

Call a local realtor if you want a good idea on prices.  

What, and get hounded to sell my house? 

These people drive through the neighborhoods looking for fisbos so they can hound the owner to spend a tidy portion of their equity on your trusty realtor.

Just now, Jules said:

What, and get hounded to sell my house? 

These people drive through the neighborhoods looking for fisbos so they can hound the owner to spend a tidy portion of their equity on your trusty realtor.

I haven't lived in the US for almost 25 years now and that's one of the reasons I don't miss the US.  Fuking money, money, money, that's all that most people care about.  And even if you don't care about you have to care about it because everybody else does.  Some people live off grid because they don't like that shit either.  But I like some comfort and convenience and even the odd luxury.  And although life in Europe is slowly becoming the US, it isn't too terrible yet.  Especially in the former communist countries who still aren't even close to the lifestyle in western Europe, even 32 years after the wall came down.  It's nice to live in a place where money doesn't drive every decision and people know to how to have fun without spending a lot.  And folks here get plenty of vacation time to relax and enjoy life.  And the Mediterranean countries are on vacation most of the year!  I'll be dead long before it ever gets to US standards of crass materialism over here.  People spending money they don't have on shit they don't need.  That's Amurica.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jules said:

WTF is a fisbo?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Jules said:

Our friends just a couple house down bought during that time.  Their "zestimate" is only now getting close to what they paid for it.  A couple other friends bought a vacant lot back then for $600K.  They sold it just before the bubble started growing for the same amount.

We bought in 2015.  If Zillow was accurate, the house is now worth almost twice what we paid.  But sometimes their estimates look like they are smoking crack. 

Their accuracy varies pretty widely and I doubt you could sell for double a 2015 price but it's likely not that far off.

They're more accurate, and getting more so every day, on estimating rental value. That's in part because of people like me. I use their e-signing service for leases. It's FREE! Yay! (And by the way, they get to learn the tenants' identities and the terms of their leases).

Tons of dead fish, killed by Red Tide, washed up on the beaches of Sarasota.  Residents and businesses were hoping for a quick cleanup.  But there was a snag - the County clean up crews were waiting to make sure they had the right PERMITS.

Good thing Big Government hasn't taken over Florida.

18 hours ago, Nettles said:

WTF is a fisbo?

17 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_sale_by_owner

:)

Peopel siurre ist crazey foire thoise TLAs, fuckeng stupide fuckeng TLAs......

JMHO................            :)

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

WTF is a TLA?

23 minutes ago, boomer said:

"Three Letter Abbreviation" or "Three Letter Acronym."

Yeah, except that FSBO is not a TLA, it is a FFLA.

A Fucking FOUR Letter Acronym..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jules said:

Tons of dead fish, killed by Red Tide, washed up on the beaches of Sarasota.  Residents and businesses were hoping for a quick cleanup.  But there was a snag - the County clean up crews were waiting to make sure they had the right PERMITS.

Good thing Big Government hasn't taken over Florida.

A snook in your possession is illegal.  No ifs, ands or buts.  Ya need the permit to possess them.

Sometimes the local Letters To The Editor can be more amusing than sad:

"So I'm driving down Midway and look to the left and there in a church parking lot is a pickup truck with a Confederate flag and thought isn't that Florida in a 'nut shell?'

"Governor DeGutless doesn't want to declare a state of emergency because it might scare tourism away.  Maybe he should be like the mayor in "Jaws" and invite his family to swim among the dead fish.

"Then there's Sen. Scott the swindler who had one of the biggest Medicaid fraud charges and he's concerned about Democrats spending?  Really?

"Then back the blue Steube doo refused to honor the Capitol police who saved his butt...

"How about the cyber ninjas from Florida doing ballot counting in Arizona, I think they took a break to go to the Comicon convention.

"So when you delusional conspiracy theory whackos are on your way back from Trump the chump's inauguration in August could you bring me back a souvenir, like a shirt with Trump's picture that says, 'I'm with stupid'

"The only thing positive about the virus is at least we're weeding out the ignorant.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Jules said:

Sometimes the local Letters To The Editor can be more amusing than sad:

"So I'm driving down Midway and look to the left and there in a church parking lot is a pickup truck with a Confederate flag and thought isn't that Florida in a 'nut shell?'

"Governor DeGutless doesn't want to declare a state of emergency because it might scare tourism away.  Maybe he should be like the mayor in "Jaws" and invite his family to swim among the dead fish.

"Then there's Sen. Scott the swindler who had one of the biggest Medicaid fraud charges and he's concerned about Democrats spending?  Really?

"Then back the blue Steube doo refused to honor the Capitol police who saved his butt...

"How about the cyber ninjas from Florida doing ballot counting in Arizona, I think they took a break to go to the Comicon convention.

"So when you delusional conspiracy theory whackos are on your way back from Trump the chump's inauguration in August could you bring me back a souvenir, like a shirt with Trump's picture that says, 'I'm with stupid'

"The only thing positive about the virus is at least we're weeding out the ignorant.

no word about that hebephile Gaetz ? 

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

no word about that hebephile Gaetz ? 

Sometimes the mind is so overloaded with the insanity surrounding it, it forgets some things.

I just find the irony of living in Florida, unbelievable,  

There are more so mega churches per sq. mile all with their hands out collecting for the latest project or to send missionaries to Cancun , yet there's no moral value in any of these so called churches (cults) With huge bill boards to save the unborn, but once their born, no food or health care for these babies, and it's ok to shoot them when their get older, 

There against the illegals being here . but without them no lawns would be cut (HOA) or cooks and restaurant staff, even at the emperors palace at Maggot logo,(is staffed by them) I wonder how many of these pickup truck flag flying assholes have been invited there? (shit I have but turn it down)

The water ways are so polluted that 600 tons of dead fish had to cleaned up, But it's ok cause they get big $$$, from big sugar , and fertilizer  companies 

And the home grown ( which are few ) hate us northerners for being here , but have no problems taken our $$$$

todays morning rant

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

I just find the irony of living in Florida, unbelievable,  

There are more so mega churches per sq. mile all with their hands out collecting for the latest project or to send missionaries to Cancun , yet there's no moral value in any of these so called churches (cults) With huge bill boards to save the unborn, but once their born, no food or health care for these babies, and it's ok to shoot them when their get older, 

There against the illegals being here . but without them no lawns would be cut (HOA) or cooks and restaurant staff, even at the emperors palace at Maggot logo,(is staffed by them) I wonder how many of these pickup truck flag flying assholes have been invited there? (shit I have but turn it down)

The water ways are so polluted that 600 tons of dead fish had to cleaned up, But it's ok cause they get big $$$, from big sugar , and fertilizer  companies 

And the home grown ( which are few ) hate us northerners for being here , but have no problems taken our $$$$

todays morning rant

Back between the mid-80s to mid-90s we used to drive down to Florida to spend some vacation with my dad.  He retired to Juno Isles.  Once inside Florida, we noticed a little bit of the god preaching, on the radio or on billboards, but not much.

Years later, while driving down for my own retirement relocation, I felt inundated with GOD!  HELL!  JESUS SAVES! billboards.  It should have been taken as a sign to turn back.

I've often wondered if an unwavering faith in heaven isn't a sign of someone who has given up trying to find happiness on earth.  As wealth has been sucked up by the few, there seems to be more and more who are looking to the everlasting as their only hope for happiness. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Jules said:

I've often wondered if an unwavering faith in heaven isn't a sign of someone who has given up trying to find happiness on earth. 

Too many young people point upwards for that. It must be mass psychosis. It isn't IQ based IME. Recently I noticed that Savannah Guthrie wears a small cross everyday. This has me bummed out because I know she's way smarter than that. 

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

The water ways are so polluted that 600 tons of dead fish had to cleaned up, But it's ok cause they get big $$$, from all the Yankees moving down with the concomitant development and insistence on HOA and landscaping

And the home grown ( which are few ) hate us northerners for being here 

FIFY.

And y’all are hated bc y’all Yankees insist on doing things ‘the way it’s done up North,’ and bring your rudeness and snippy demanding attitudes. And then bitch when your culture is returned back in your faces. Floriduh is flat ruined bc of the influx, no doubt about that

Anyone thinking about coming to Sarasota, Charlotte or Desoto counties may want to consider a postponement. 

According to today's local news, COVID cases & hospitalizations are soaring.  All three counties are in the "hot zone."

35 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

And y’all are hated bc y’all Yankees insist on doing things ‘the way it’s done up North,’ and bring your rudeness and snippy demanding attitudes. And then bitch when your culture is returned back in your faces. Floriduh is flat ruined bc of the influx, no doubt about that

Who is responsible for electing Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis as governor?  Or Scott and Rubio as senators?  What kind of damage have they, and so many other politicians here, done to this state?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jules said:

Who is responsible for electing Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis as governor?  Or Scott and Rubio as senators?  What kind of damage have they, and so many other politicians here, done to this state?

BIG SUGAR!

• Like 1

I do like the Florida oranges when I can get them in season.

44 minutes ago, Windward said:

I do like the Florida oranges when I can get them in season.

I happen to have an orange (on its last leg here in NE FL) and a satsuma tree, so am lucky in late fall, but most of the oranges offered in the local grocery are from CA.