Jump to content

Don't MoveTo Florida


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

That explains a lot. I suspect that amoeba's been active in Florida for quite some time...

i'm not afraid of the brain eating amoeba in texas,  there aren't enough brains in the state to support an epidemic..

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MikeR80 said:

I'm not snobby, I grew up in Detroit for crissakes.  And no, I was serious.  Somebody point out a better mainland US community for a sailor with a family to live! Newport Beach and La Jolla might be in the ballpark, but questionable breeze... (and don't dare name a cold weather city with shit weather 7 months a year-- that is not a real sailor's town).

There's a reason that a fixer in the Gable or Grove for 800k+, this place is the tits

A sailor with a family could buy a nice place on the water here and have plenty left over for a nice 4ksb to put at the dock on that kind of budget. No fixing needed. We do have brown water though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

La Jolla wasn't bad place for this Navy brat to surf, sail and dirtbike back in the early 70's.

The%2B1970s%2BSurfing%2BSubculture%2Bby%2BJeff%2BDivine%2B%252840%2529.jpg

The%2B1970s%2BSurfing%2BSubculture%2Bby%2BJeff%2BDivine%2B%252815%2529.jpg

The%2B1970s%2BSurfing%2BSubculture%2Bby%2BJeff%2BDivine%2B%252812%2529.jpg

The%2B1970s%2BSurfing%2BSubculture%2Bby%2BJeff%2BDivine%2B%252814%2529.jpg

The%2B1970s%2BSurfing%2BSubculture%2Bby%2BJeff%2BDivine%2B%252819%2529.jpg

Image result for la jolla 1970

 

I spent the summer of 69 in Pacific Beach as a base of sailing adventures. Lived in a motel on the beach and did odd jobs for the owner to offset rent, body surfed everyday there were waves. He knew I was into diving and said it was good in LaJolla. I didn't have a car and never made even though it was a few miles, until years later, I think if I had, I would have never left ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

    Summer of '69! That was the summer I first escaped from the horror of high school in red clay Redneck North Georgia to the paradise of Southern California. Long Beach/Alamitos Bay and Coronado 15's and 25's at my disposal at the Navy Sailing Facility changed my life. The biggest bonus was having Finn Gold Cup champion and Congressional Cup winner Henry Sprague as my personal sailing trainer! He was still serving his country as a Navy SEAL/RESCUE SWIMMER of the Apollo Recovery Carrier HORNET based right next to the sailing club on the Navy base and Henry somehow managed to get a TAD (Temporary Additional Duty) to the NSC as sailing coach. 

    The next year my Dad got transferred to San Diego and the NSC there was even better. No Henry there but they had a fleet of Naval Academy Luders Yawls but even better for me was 5 Flying Dutchman Olympic class sloops. I would binge of sailing for a while and then throw myself into surfing until nearly drowning myself on a big day at Black's or Wind an Sea and then would do another round of sail boat racing. Add dirt bikes and girls and just generally about the coolest place to be a high school boy and I was a lucky dude for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LarryE said:

The big problem for me is, we are so over due for a direct hit from the big one.

We dodged a bullet with  Dorian.

I have shuttered the house, I have 104 panels, 3 of the last 4 years. Getting tired of it.

Fuck me!!..."over due"?...Hurricane Michael only hit FL 16 months ago...just how bad is this climate change shit?...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grabbler said:

Fuck me!!..."over due"?...Hurricane Michael only hit FL 16 months ago...just how bad is this climate change shit?...

It hit the least populated spot possible.  Miami, Fort Lauderdale WPB is way over due for a big one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It hit the least populated spot possible.  Miami, Fort Lauderdale WPB is way over due for a big one.

Gawd...I hope not it'll just just flush the human roaches over this way...I dropped a sailor off at his Key Biscayne dig and he gave me short cut directions to the entrance of I-75/Alligator Alley...it took me through   Mogadishu.....errrr.... Opa Locka ....just before dusk..it was errie

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

Gawd...I hope not it'll just just flush the human roaches over this way...I dropped a sailor off at his Key Biscayne dig and he gave me short cut directions to the entrance of I-75/Alligator Alley...it took me through   Mogadishu.....errrr.... Opa Locka ....just before dusk..it was errie

Human roaches, that is your reality.  People are.  If you have roaches in your house, that is on you.

Humans are.  Some of us are good, most of us recognize our frailties and try to improve.  You?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, garuda3 said:

bring this forum back to the penis state, FL. you Cal if's start your own 

I have lived in Florida (south FL in my youth, NE FL now) all my (too long for my crappy genetics) life,  with the exception of 4 months one fall break from school (Gainesville, still in Florida) in the mid 1970's when I was night dishwasher / sous chef in a vegetarian Italian eatery in Encinitas, surfing my brains out every day at Swamis, Boneyards and D Street, which I could walk to, with an occasional trip to Cardiff, La Jolla, Blacks, Trestles and one glorious trip to Rincon in Santa Barbara.  Please, let then write on about SoCal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 11:07 PM, Steam Flyer said:

There's nothing in Labelle except an orange grove run by a friend of mine.

When we were bringing the boat across Florida I was keeping my sister and her husband up to date on our progress.  As we got close to LaBelle, my BIL commented on what a dump it was.  Then I start seeing these big houses on the river, probably in the high six to seven figure range.  We were both surprised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jules said:

When we were bringing the boat across Florida I was keeping my sister and her husband up to date on our progress.  As we got close to LaBelle, my BIL commented on what a dump it was.  Then I start seeing these big houses on the river, probably in the high six to seven figure range.  We were both surprised.

Hmm, I wonder when they went in. I recall some really nice places on the north side of the waterway, somewhere along there

To be honest, I haven't been there in about 12 years

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Hmm, I wonder when they went in. I recall some really nice places on the north side of the waterway, somewhere along there

To be honest, I haven't been there in about 12 years

- DSK

After I posted, I did a search for homes in LaBelle over $700K.  I think there were 7 of them.  I know we saw at least two of those.  The ones we saw from the river all looked fairly new. 

But you have to remember we had just been through miles of alligator infested ditch with a few cows along the banks for entertainment.  So anything by then looked pretty good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jules said:

After I posted, I did a search for homes in LaBelle over $700K.  I think there were 7 of them.  I know we saw at least two of those.  The ones we saw from the river all looked fairly new. 

But you have to remember we had just been through miles of alligator infested ditch with a few cows along the banks for entertainment.  So anything by then looked pretty good.

I've been debating taking the 20 foot center console across the state through the canals and camping along the way with the boys.  How is that canal crossing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:
46 minutes ago, Jules said:

After I posted, I did a search for homes in LaBelle over $700K.  I think there were 7 of them.  I know we saw at least two of those.  The ones we saw from the river all looked fairly new. 

But you have to remember we had just been through miles of alligator infested ditch with a few cows along the banks for entertainment.  So anything by then looked pretty good.

I've been debating taking the 20 foot center console across the state through the canals and camping along the way with the boys.  How is that canal crossing?

I recall it as a pretty fun trip. Passes thru a lot of empty land (ranches?) once you get east of the big city.

https://dnkcruising.blogspot.com/2007/12/turning-corner-south-to-east.html

Not much excitement though. Very nice campground at the locks on the eastern end.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

I've been debating taking the 20 foot center console across the state through the canals and camping along the way with the boys.  How is that canal crossing?

The only part that was worrisome was getting under the 49' bridge and not running aground through Lake O.  I have heard crossing Lake O when the wind is blowing out of the north is a bit scary.  When we crossed it was maybe 8-12 out of the north but wasn't a concern.  I think it took us 3 days from the time we left Stuart to the time we arrived in Ft. Myers.  First stop was Indiantown then Moore Haven then Ft. Myers. 

A center console should have no problems.  And you'll get across a lot faster than we did.

We were told we have to stop at Clewiston and visit Roland Martin's Marina.  We were pressed for time and went on to Moore Haven.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not much excitement though. Very nice campground at the locks on the eastern end.

That's Indiantown.  We kinda liked it.  There was one boat there waiting for Lake O to rise so he could get across.  He had been there for a couple of months.  We were still in love bug season so we didn't spend much time walking around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

I've been debating taking the 20 foot center console across the state through the canals and camping along the way with the boys.  How is that canal crossing?

We used the info from this website for the locks and bridges.  It was really helpful.

https://www.offshoreblue.com/cruising/okeechobee.php

And this website came in handy for Lake O depth

http://w3.saj.usace.army.mil/h2o/currentLL.shtml

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bridhb said:

I have lived in Florida (south FL in my youth, NE FL now) all my (too long for my crappy genetics) life,  with the exception of 4 months one fall break from school (Gainesville, still in Florida) in the mid 1970's when I was night dishwasher / sous chef in a vegetarian Italian eatery in Encinitas, surfing my brains out every day at Swamis, Boneyards and D Street, which I could walk to, with an occasional trip to Cardiff, La Jolla, Blacks, Trestles and one glorious trip to Rincon in Santa Barbara.  Please, let then write on about SoCal!

Lived in San diego for 4 years , when I wasn't out to sea, My daugther was born in Balboa naval hospital, it's probably changed a lot ?, Was a cool town then , Ocean, moutains , desert , but Heard the Salton sea dried up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 8:25 AM, Fakenews said:

It hit the least populated spot possible.  Miami, Fort Lauderdale WPB is way over due for a big one.

Typical narcissistic non-Panhandle FL response...ya do know we were here first...

://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Pensacola,_Florida

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Typical narcissistic non-Panhandle FL response...ya do know we were here first...

://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Pensacola,_Florida

He does have a point tho, we got lucky on the east coast with Irma, Matthew, Michael and Dorian.  Eventually our luck will run out.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jules said:

And returning for an encore performance - LOVE BUGS! 

They're back. 

And I still haven't recovered from being traumatized by them last year.

At least they don't bite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SalleeRover said:

Year round sailing is pretty sweet. And, salt on my margarita please, not on my car. ;)

No salt on your motor, trailer and winches?    Counterpoint to the Great Lakes.  

Welcome.   Beware, heatstroke damages neurons faster then tequila.  

 

Did you build one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 7:27 PM, Jkdubz808 said:

He does have a point tho, we got lucky on the east coast with Irma, Matthew, Michael and Dorian.  Eventually our luck will run out.....

Was Andrew really that long ago? How old am I anyway?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday's paper said due to the effects of the 2017-19 red tide, snook, red drum and spotted sea trout are still on the catch-and-release list.  Their populations have not yet sufficiently recovered.

And there has still been little done to prevent another such event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yesterday's paper said due to the effects of the 2017-19 red tide, snook, red drum and spotted sea trout are still on the catch-and-release list.  Their populations have not yet sufficiently recovered.

And there has still been little done to prevent another such event.

Because they’d have to empty the state. Y’all like to blame Big Sugar, but the actual problem lies with development. If there weren’t a constant injection of nutrient loading from yards, streets and municipal infrastructure, the system would handle an event like that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Because they’d have to empty the state. Y’all like to blame Big Sugar, but the actual problem lies with development. If there weren’t a constant injection of nutrient loading from yards, streets and municipal infrastructure, the system would handle an event like that.

It's everything.  And Big Sugar is a big part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jules said:

It's everything.  And Big Sugar is a big part.

Red Tide forms far offshore and has been a reoccurring event forever ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SalleeRover said:

Year round sailing is pretty sweet. And, salt on my margarita please, not on my car. ;)

I don't know.  Trying to sail during the summer in NE FL can be very frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Married off by bro Saturday at new sil's house on a canal down in Cape Coral.  Canals were dug and streets laid back in 60-70's, but slow to build due to no utilities.  Now  with canal property at a premium we are building on every available lot.  2500 sq ft house, about $300,000 in the city limits with a septic tank and well on a 80 x 120 lot.  A dozen or so loads of dirt brought in from the eastern part of the county to raise it to the flood zone elevation.  And then there are the minimal yards.  Add the driveway and pool there ain't much ground vegetation.  And what there is looks too perfect.  So all of that fertilizer and weed killer can run off into the canal.  (I don't care about the cancer.  Can you guaranty met that that weedkiller will not kill a single blade of grass in the bay) Right now it's about 50% built out.  

It may be too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Married off by bro Saturday at new sil's house on a canal down in Cape Coral.  Canals were dug and streets laid back in 60-70's, but slow to build due to no utilities.  Now  with canal property at a premium we are building on every available lot.  2500 sq ft house, about $300,000 in the city limits with a septic tank and well on a 80 x 120 lot.  A dozen or so loads of dirt brought in from the eastern part of the county to raise it to the flood zone elevation.  And then there are the minimal yards.  Add the driveway and pool there ain't much ground vegetation.  And what there is looks too perfect.  So all of that fertilizer and weed killer can run off into the canal.  (I don't care about the cancer.  Can you guaranty met that that weedkiller will not kill a single blade of grass in the bay) Right now it's about 50% built out.  

It may be too late.

 

Everglades drain.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I don't know.  Trying to sail during the summer in NE FL can be very frustrating.

Come on down for the Friday night beer can series.  We did not lose a single race from lack of wind last summer. The fleet is building nicely, and the racing is fun and increasingly competitive.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Come on down for the Friday night beer can series.  We did not lose a single race from lack of wind last summer. The fleet is building nicely, and the racing is fun and increasingly competitive.  

Boat can't get under the Shands but I can throw an old laser in the back of the truck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Move to Florida?  Think twice about it....

get ready for these things:

87405160_10157421822106773_5308160105580

spiny bellied orb weaver...really cool as are banana spiders

 

banspi.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

 2500 sq ft house, about $300,000 in the city limits with a septic tank and well on a 80 x 120 lot. 

:blink: Around here just the construction costs for 2500' would run about $750K

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will admit my guilt in this problem/crime.  I operated a Terex double engined scraper digging pits, I mean lakes (they are really more like ponds) in the next development across the county line in 1973.  This included pushing dirt into the mangroves.  It was simple greed, summer college job, $3.75/hr & 6-12's until the oil got cut off.

Since that time I have done my best to become an enviro-nazi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

:blink: Around here just the construction costs for 2500' would run about $750K

But that’s in loonies and toonies.  In real money what is it; $64.38?
 

B)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

spiny bellied orb weaver...really cool as are banana spiders

 

banspi.jpg

Industrious little bastards. They kinda died off in South Florida (go there, people, it's safe now!), but I can recall walking out the door to head to school in the morning, only to run face-first into one of those webs that popped up overnight. That'll wake you up in a hurry if you head out groggy. I had not seen one for quite some time until I moved north. I see quite a few of them now, banana spiders too. It's a fair trade for having no traffic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Industrious little bastards. They kinda died off in South Florida (go there, people, it's safe now!), but I can recall walking out the door to head to school in the morning, only to run face-first into one of those webs that popped up overnight. That'll wake you up in a hurry if you head out groggy. I had not seen one for quite some time until I moved north. I see quite a few of them now, banana spiders too. It's a fair trade for having no traffic. 

First one on the MTB trails in the morning gets a face full of those orb weavers.  We, wrongly obviously, called those spiky spiders "crab" spiders when I was growing up.  They are small and really neat looking.  Those orb weavers can get pretty damn big!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

:blink: Around here just the construction costs for 2500' would run about $750K

Why are your construction costs $300/sq ft?   Where I am in the Shenandoah Valley?  costs around $100-$120 sq ft, including land - Closer in to DC, it increases exponentially - it's hard to find a decent 2500' townhouse for under $500K within 10 miles of the DC beltway.  A friend in Arlington has an 1800' house - it's around $850K.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Why are your construction costs $300/sq ft?   Where I am in the Shenandoah Valley?  costs around $100-$120 sq ft, including land - Closer in to DC, it increases exponentially - it's hard to find a decent 2500' townhouse for under $500K within 10 miles of the DC beltway.  A friend in Arlington has an 1800' house - it's around $850K.  

 

It is all part of "free stuff" from the government...the untold consequences  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

:blink: Around here just the construction costs for 2500' would run about $750K

Why are your construction costs $300/sq ft?   Where I am in the Shenandoah Valley?  costs around $100-$120 sq ft, including land - Closer in to DC, it increases exponentially - it's hard to find a decent 2500' townhouse for under $500K within 10 miles of the DC beltway.  A friend in Arlington has an 1800' house - it's around $850K. 

Vancouver has one of the worst affordability indexes in the world for housing.  At least it's not crowned.  The Chinese buying up all of the housing don't actually move in.  They are just moving money out of China.  To give you an idea, in 2019, DC/MD/VA median house is 4 times medium income.  Van is 12.6 times median income, second most expense in the world (second to Hong Kong at 20.9).  Miami is 5.7.  

If you owned a house 15 years ago in Van, you are rich as long as you are prepared to sell the house.  Median house there today is over $1M Loonies.  Great place but you can't afford to move there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Why are your construction costs $300/sq ft?   Where I am in the Shenandoah Valley?  costs around $100-$120 sq ft, including land - Closer in to DC, it increases exponentially - it's hard to find a decent 2500' townhouse for under $500K within 10 miles of the DC beltway.  A friend in Arlington has an 1800' house - it's around $850K. 

$100/hour contractors are part of it.

My BIL is an electrician - when he bids on a job he counts the electrical boxes on the plans and multiplies by $100.

Municipal bureaucracy can easily run $75K or more on a house.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Vancouver has one of the worst affordability indexes in the world for housing.  At least it's not crowned.  The Chinese buying up all of the housing don't actually move in.  They are just moving money out of China.  To give you an idea, in 2019, DC/MD/VA median house is 4 times medium income.  Van is 12.6 times median income, second most expense in the world (second to Hong Kong at 20.9).  Miami is 5.7.  

If you owned a house 15 years ago in Van, you are rich as long as you are prepared to sell the house.  Median house there today is over $1M Loonies.  Great place but you can't afford to move there.  

OUCH!   That doesn't bode well for Vancouver's younger population buying in to the community, does it? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-suitcase-girlfriend-hide-and-seek

A Florida woman was charged with second-degree murder after police said her boyfriend died after he was zipped up in a suitcase and left to die, a report said.

Sarah Boone, 42, of Winter Park, allegedly told police that the two were playing hide and seek, but police said a cellphone video raised suspicions. Police said Jorge Torres, 42, her boyfriend, could be heard yelling for help while inside the suitcase, prompting Boone to respond, "That's what I feel like when you cheat on me."

Boone allegedly told police that they thought it would be funny if he got inside the suitcase, Fox 35 Orlando reported. She allegedly said they were drinking at the time and she passed out on her bed. When she woke up-- hours later-- she allegedly said she found him unresponsive and not breathing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-suitcase-girlfriend-hide-and-seek

A Florida woman was charged with second-degree murder after police said her boyfriend died after he was zipped up in a suitcase and left to die, a report said.

Sarah Boone, 42, of Winter Park, allegedly told police that the two were playing hide and seek, but police said a cellphone video raised suspicions. Police said Jorge Torres, 42, her boyfriend, could be heard yelling for help while inside the suitcase, prompting Boone to respond, "That's what I feel like when you cheat on me."

Boone allegedly told police that they thought it would be funny if he got inside the suitcase, Fox 35 Orlando reported. She allegedly said they were drinking at the time and she passed out on her bed. When she woke up-- hours later-- she allegedly said she found him unresponsive and not breathing.

 

 

She done turned him into carrion !

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

OUCH!   That doesn't bode well for Vancouver's younger population buying in to the community, does it? 

Nope. They have introduced some commie rules & taxes to try and correct it or at least control the rate of increase.

Empty house tax of 2% of value (IIRC) has had a substantial effect. Prior to it there were empty $million homes all over West Van - hundreds of them. They jacked up prices while lowering the tone through the usual derelict look of empty houses.

We now have a big new problem - condos that are seeing huge (300%) increases for insurance - if they can even get it. This is for the buildings, not the owners contents insurance.

Apparently some or many older buildings are being refused altogether.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 3:58 PM, Jules said:

I scheduled February as the month to do work on the boat too strenuous to do in the heat.  So far those days have yet to arrive.

It's 40 outside right now. Highs in the 60's today and tomorrow.

Had to hump my orchid collection up the stairs yesterday evening, down they go this morning. I'll probably leave them out tonight and they'll probably be ok in the upper 40's that are forecast, but it's back down to 40ish tomorrow night so they have to come back inside again. Going fishing Sunday, but not before putting them back outside again.

You asked for this so I blame you! :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, Innocent Bystander said:

There is a certain advantage to the occasional hard freeze.  I'm hoping that we see a couple of rays with lows in the teens and highs in the 20's here in MD before "spring."  If we don;t, the ticks and other crawly critters will be overwhelming come summer.  

Kent Island "winter" has been about what you used to expect in Northern Florida. If this keeps up no need to move south, south is moving here. We did have a "cold snap" last night, freezing temps were projected so I moved the pressure washer inside. No ice in the dog bowl this morning, so it seems a false alarm. We had to get fleas off the cat ALREADY in February, the bug population is going to be epic :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

It's 40 outside right now. Highs in the 60's today and tomorrow.

Had to hump my orchid collection up the stairs yesterday evening, down they go this morning. I'll probably leave them out tonight and they'll probably be ok in the upper 40's that are forecast, but it's back down to 40ish tomorrow night so they have to come back inside again. Going fishing Sunday, but not before putting them back outside again.

You asked for this so I blame you! :P

I'm loving this weather!  Time to get outside and enjoy it! B)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Kent Island "winter" has been about what you used to expect in Northern Florida. If this keeps up no need to move south, south is moving here. We did have a "cold snap" last night, freezing temps were projected so I moved the pressure washer inside. No ice in the dog bowl this morning, so it seems a false alarm. We had to get fleas off the cat ALREADY in February, the bug population is going to be epic :o

 

Pretty much the same in Sou'east CT!  south is moving here.  Still not removing the snow-ice tires for another few weeks, though.  Mother nature could still dump some white stuff on us....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

You haven't been here long enough for your blood to get thin.  Socks, a long sleeve shirt and a jacket, hurry up August.

 

sockks.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites