Don't MoveTo Florida

After achieving a death rate per capita 19% above the national average, it’s only natural the fodder turn to charcoal.   

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

Sometimes the local Letters To The Editor can be more amusing than sad: "So I'm driving down Midway and look to the left and there in a church parking lot is a pickup truck with a Confederate fla

FIFY But y’know, same thing was said of Deutschland in the 1930s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jkdubz808 said:

There is a place for all of this, it is the land of

PA

Take all that shit down there to that cesspit.

PA doesn't want Peckerhead either. There's enough stupid bullshit there already.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

PA doesn't want Peckerhead either. There's enough stupid bullshit there already.

I didn't know that was possible.  Learn something new everyday.

2 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

There's a steady stream out the overflow, something's going to give.

1 hour ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Peckerhead is a whole new level of stupid.  He'd take the collective IQ of PA into the negative. 

16 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Peckerhead is a whole new level of stupid.  He'd take the collective IQ of PA into the negative. 

There certainly is a horse race (horses ass race?) for dumbest shit on SA.

It's neck & neck, 5 abreast as they round the clubhouse turn.

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

There certainly is a horse race (horses ass race?) for dumbest shit on SA.

It's neck & neck, 5 abreast as they round the clubhouse turn.

And on the far outside, the Ozzie import Ease the Sheet is rapidly overtaking the leaders.

Just now, Bugsy said:

2,000 new cases per day and 126 deaths per day.   Way to go, Florida.  

image.thumb.png.354b61199f71222d7d3d7fb8c9cb6cb3.png

A lot of people (gopers ) in my area  Jupiter ,Fl) still don't believe there's a Covid and are surprise if anyone gets it or even dies from it

On 10/29/2021 at 11:41 AM, Not for nothing said:

A lot of people (gopers ) in my area  Jupiter ,Fl) still don't believe there's a Covid and are surprise if anyone gets it or even dies from it

Went to Chicago over the weekend for a small reunion with old friends.  Mask mandates everywhere.

Got home and told a maskless Karen story before boarding for the return flight.  Neighbors thought it was funny and that the lady was nuts for missing her flight because she wouldn't wear a mask.

Yesterday went to Home Depot.  No one but the workers were wearing masks. 

Went to the grocery store next.  Same thing. 

Liquor store: same thing.

See?  There is no COVID in Florida!  Unless you work in retail...

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Went to Chicago over the weekend for a small reunion with old friends.  Mask mandates everywhere.

Got home and told a maskless Karen story before boarding for the return flight.  Neighbors thought it was funny and that the lady was nuts for missing her flight because she wouldn't wear a mask.

Hate to say this as I hate Amazon , Been ordering a lot more from them, then before, Usually cheaper and shipping free ,and no Karens to deal with, so no Home Depot for me

3 hours ago, Jules said:

My son and his wife live in the Chicago area. As you noted, masks everywhere including their daughters elementary and Pre-school. For their wedding anniversary my wife and I watched the girls for several days while they trundled off to some snooty resort in Tennessee. The farther South they got the rarer masks became.

There was an accident on I-75 so they got detoured. Before they got back on I-75 they stopped at some convenience store/gas station. They were the only people in the building wearing masks and the clerk actually laughed at them.

3 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

My son and his wife live in the Chicago area. As you noted, masks everywhere including their daughters elementary and Pre-school. For their wedding anniversary my wife and I watched the girls for several days while they trundled off to some snooty resort in Tennessee. The farther South they got the rarer masks became.

There was an accident on I-75 so they got detoured. Before they got back on I-75 they stopped at some convenience store/gas station. They were the only people in the building wearing masks and the clerk actually laughed at them.

Yup.  It's like when this shit started.  Drove from here to phoenix and  on the freeway you could tell who was going north or south at the pump.  those of us going south were all masked up.  Those going north were giving us weird looks.  Had to explain numerous times that I was masked up because my MIL is Immunocompromised.  That got a smirk and a yea sure...  We are doomed...  

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Actually it only means that retailers have "Functioning Brain" as a job requirement.

• Like 1

DeathSantis is killing free elections and fair.too:

Under fire from the right, DeSantis calls for tougher election laws

The news comes days after Roger Stone threatened to challenge DeSantis if he didn’t conduct an election audit.

TALLAHASSEE — Six months after signing what he called the strongest election security bill in the nation, Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday said he wanted to beef up the state’s voting laws and create a new office to investigate and prosecute election-related fraud.

During an event in West Palm Beach, DeSantis said he would ask the state Legislature to increase penalties for “ballot harvesting” and require elections supervisors to “clean up” their voter rolls more often.

“We’re going to do another package of election integrity reforms that is going to make Florida way No. 1 by a long shot anywhere in the country,” DeSantis said.

114703181_EBON2RSHDRHTHL3ADNUIIKGVUY1.thumb.jpeg.5f783a92c8c3c3df6c60768aae418913.jpeg

First they destroy our faith in the free press.  Then they put up one roadblock after another against free and fair elections. 

Wasn't this what Hitler did?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jules said:

The news comes days after Roger Stone threatened to challenge DeSantis if he didn’t conduct an election audit.

TALLAHASSEE — Six months after signing what he called the strongest election security bill in the nation, Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday said he wanted to beef up the state’s voting laws and create a new office to investigate and prosecute election-related fraud.

During an event in West Palm Beach, DeSantis said he would ask the state Legislature to increase penalties for “ballot harvesting” and require elections supervisors to “clean up” their voter rolls more often.

“We’re going to do another package of election integrity reforms that is going to make Florida way No. 1 by a long shot anywhere in the country,” DeSantis said.

114703181_EBON2RSHDRHTHL3ADNUIIKGVUY1.thumb.jpeg.5f783a92c8c3c3df6c60768aae418913.jpeg

First they destroy our faith in the free press.  Then they put up one roadblock after another against free and fair elections. 

Only GOPers will be allowed to vote, that if he doesn't kill them with covid

2 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

Only GOPers will be allowed to vote, that if he doesn't kill them with covid

Unfortunately it probably won't get enough of them.

• Like 3

I just did a little checking on some numbers.

The most prolific American "conventional" serial killer was responsible for almost 100 deaths.

If Governor Death Sentence had even matched Canada's mid pack Covid death rate there would have been approx. 16,000 deaths instead of the 60,000 dead(so far).

That means Governor Death Sentence is the proximate cause of 46,000 deaths or 460 times the number of people killed by the previous worst mass murderer in American history.

And instead of being executed he will probably get reelected.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The most prolific American "conventional" serial killer was responsible for almost 100 deaths.

If Governor Death Sentence had even matched Canada's mid pack Covid death rate there would have been approx. 16,000 deaths instead of the 60,000 dead(so far).

That means Governor Death Sentence is the proximate cause of 46,000 deaths or 460 times the number of people killed by the previous worst mass murderer in American history.

And instead of being executed he will probably get reelected.

You are probably underestimating the effects of DeSatan.    Think of all the visitors that came to Florida and brought back Covid, and the resulting spread.

On 11/5/2021 at 3:56 AM, Jules said:

He's just trying to impress Trump and his followers....and its working unfortunately.

22 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I listened to a dark podcast recently....

The US has the most serial killers by an order of magnitude vs other countries which is quite disturbing but our killers aren't the most prolific serial killers out there! Yay?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-that-have-produced-the-most-serial-killers.html

USA: 3,204

England: 166

South Africa: 117

We only come in 9th place for victim count:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims

1st place: Columbia, Luis Garavito, The Beast: He confessed to killing 140 boys and was suspected of killing over 300 victims...

4th place: Russia, Mikhail Popkov, The Werewolf, 83 admitted victims

9th place: USA, Samuel Little: 60 victims confirmed but confessed to have killed 93 victims total

Don't move to Florida

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 11:41 AM, shaggy said:

Yup.  It's like when this shit started.  Drove from here to phoenix and  on the freeway you could tell who was going north or south at the pump.  those of us going south were all masked up.  Those going north were giving us weird looks.  Had to explain numerous times that I was masked up because my MIL is Immunocompromised.  That got a smirk and a yea sure...  We are doomed...  

Most people we know are fully vaxed, including 3rd booster.  Yet, I wonder now, as many more folks are masked in the grocery and other stores and public places?  All Dr. visits require masks, including our dermatologist who has us remove it to check out our masked skin.  So glad I changed dermo docs!  Previous guy carved a few things off my back once a year to send out for testing, and little else.  New one is spraying me with liquid Nitrogen and having me use cortisone cream daily to hopefully avoid multiple nasty surgeries in the future.  All those years sailing with no hats, long sleeves, or sunscreen have taken their toll....

4 hours ago, billy backstay said:

All those years sailing with no hats, long sleeves, or sunscreen have taken their toll....

I had a hunk of ear removed. It's a raffish look.

When women notice it and comment ... and they do, I tell them I was the guy that beat Mike Tyson. And brothers, they all want to fuck the guy that beat up Iron Mike. 

[Hey ... they're not there for a history lesson.]

• Like 1
On 11/25/2021 at 2:11 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

7 anti-vax doctors catch COVID after attending Florida conference

Leaders have a definite effect in causing irresponsible actions by their people even though most of those very same people know better.

• Like 1
On 10/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, woodpecker said:

So, are Mandatory seat belts "government overreach'"?  Total BS!!

8 hours ago, billy backstay said:
On 10/28/2021 at 6:02 PM, woodpecker said:

No, government overreach is to falsify infection records. I don't believe that for one second.

• Like 1

Floriduh has been falsifying the Covid numbers almost from day 1.

They fired and persecuted a person who posted the real numbers online.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Floriduh has been falsifying the Covid numbers almost from day 1.

They fired and persecuted a person who posted the real numbers online.

I believe you, butte I thouht she wase disscreditted as a false wisselle blowere.

21 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Ummm... persecuted ?

It is Florida and Republicans.  Persecuted is appropriately used.

On 11/27/2021 at 7:34 AM, billy backstay said:

Depends on who defines it.  In Florida, Guvna de Dicktater, aka "The Ronald", defines all overreach.  If it helps him and his party, it's not overreach.  If it gives him more power, it's not overreach.  If it helps all the people and not just his supporters, it's overreach.

So let it be written.  So let it be done.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jules said:

Depends on who defines it.  In Florida, Guvna de Dicktater, aka "The Ronald", defines all overreach.  If it helps him and his party, it's not overreach.  If it gives him more power, it's not overreach.  If it helps all the people and not just his supporters, it's overreach.

So let it be written.  So let it be done.

Unfortunately it isn't just in Floriduh.

Thankfully not every red state governor has presidential aspirations.  

tegu

Deep in the Everglades, a voracious invader with attractive spotted scales is taking over. The Argentine black-and-white tegu, a large lizard that can grow up to four feet in length, has already proliferated widely throughout South Florida
and I thought it was people from new jersey
image.jpeg.2cff81b8aadf81b3b633172088f6c619.jpeg
55 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:
tegu

Deep in the Everglades, a voracious invader with attractive spotted scales is taking over. The Argentine black-and-white tegu, a large lizard that can grow up to four feet in length, has already proliferated widely throughout South Florida
and I thought it was people from new jersey
image.jpeg.2cff81b8aadf81b3b633172088f6c619.jpeg

You should ask us for a breeding population of goannas. They'd fix those Argie lizards for you, no problems.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You should ask us for a breeding population of goannas. They'd fix those Argie lizards for you, no problems.

FKT

The Nile monitor is an invasive species in Florida.    It's roughly the size of a Perentie.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

The Argentine black-and-white tegu, a large lizard that can grow up to four feet in length, has already proliferated widely throughout South Florida

I had hopes the pythons would/control that issue ... guess not. 

8 hours ago, slap said:

The Nile monitor is an invasive species in Florida.    It's roughly the size of a Perentie.

I had this one in my yard years ago. I didn't know what it was and so didn't know I was supposed to kill it.

nilemonitor.jpg

There's a Tegu population a few miles down the street, which I suppose counts as deep in the Everglades, but they're in urban areas too.

It's not a population, it's a farm.  He better put some trackers on them.

PUNTA GORDA Punta Gorda man has recovered six of the 13 stolen tegus

Published 4 months ago August 4, 2021. By Avi Adkins

PUNTA GORDA, Fla. – A man who owns and runs a reptile breeding facility has spent the past three months trying to track down 13 tegus that were stolen from him in May.

Jesse Hardin is a Punta Gorda native and he owns it. “Jesse’s Jungle”. The back of the property is home to cages of reptiles. Hardin’s mid-May awakening was a wakeup call when 13 of his tegus disappeared. The loss of 13 tegus amounted to approximately $35,000.

Hardin stated that he had spent time browsing online marketplaces since the theft to find out if any of his stolen Tegus were being offered for sale. Two weeks later, he was able to find a match.

“Somebody just happened to post our big red male and say he had just bought this new animal and was looking for care tips and stuff like that,”Hardin.

Hardin was unaware that the man who posted on Facebook gave the tegu to him. Hardin was able to obtain information on a suspect and even used the opportunity to pose as a customer in order for him to purchase his own tegus.

“They had sent us that address to try and actually purchase an animal. We contacted them and we let them know they were our stolen animals,”Hardin. “They didn’t want to return them. They just said you could buy them back or that was really it.”

Hardin gave as much information as possible about the suspect to Florida Fish and Wildlife. He says the FWC was able to track down four tegus after arriving at the potential suspect’s home.

“They were able to get in contact with the homeowner of the person who was in possession of some of the animals,”Hardin. “They were able to cut the gate, go in the back yard and find the lizards in a really tiny cage.”

Jesse received a call shortly after the discovery of those four tegus. He was told that another one had been found in the back of a FedEx truck, more than 1,000 miles from his Maryland home.

“Her name is Misha. She was sent by the people that had stolen her through FedEx ground. She was able to dig out and then work her way where she was roaming the back of the FedEx truck,”’ said Hardin.

Six of his 13 tegus have been recovered so far although they didn’t come back in the best physical condition. Hardin stated that some of his tegus are suffering from lost fingers or disease.

“ The damage they incurred while they were there will stay with them for the rest of their life,”Hardin spoke.

Although he has some of his exotic reptiles back, he’s still on the hunt for seven more.

“We are looking. Friends and family are looking. I mean, pretty much all of our supporters have at least sent us one or two links probably a week now,” Hardin claims.

Google News Source * nbc-2.com – * Source link

9 hours ago, slap said:
11 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Fuck it, I think we should go straight to the salties.

320px-Crocodylus_porosus_foraging_in_sur

Bring in a couple breeding pairs of saltwater crocs. They'll clean out all the other invasive species including the pythons. Hopefully take a bunch of tourists out, too.

- DSK

On 12/3/2021 at 9:22 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Fuck it, I think we should go straight to the salties.

320px-Crocodylus_porosus_foraging_in_sur

Bring in a couple breeding pairs of saltwater crocs. They'll clean out all the other invasive species including the pythons. Hopefully take a bunch of tourists out, too.

- DSK

Crocs have long been in FL/Biscayne Bays.  

49 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

My understanding is that the Keys Crocodile is quite rare and somewhat timid. The Australian salties swim out to sea and eat sharks when they can't get tourists

- DSK

No expert here but crocs have been seen by pals in Biscayne Bay. My guess is food has been abundant. Maybe less so for the Aussi animals but I dunno.  

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

No expert here but crocs have been seen by pals in Biscayne Bay. My guess is food has been abundant. Maybe less so for the Aussi animals but I dunno.  

If the Keys croc has made a comeback, that's cool. They need to get started on eating those pythons, though.

We have alligators around here, I've seen some 7~8 footers. Warning signs posted around the tourists areas but as far as anybody knows, officially, they've never attacked a human. I'm not planning on tempting them.

- DSK

The American Croc doesn't get as big or fiesty or the Australian Salty. They have been making somewhat of a comeback in recent years. FWC officer I was talking to last year told me that they knew of about 6-8 living in the last bit of old growth mangroves here in North Miami. Every once in a while one of them wanders out where we can see them for a bit. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
22 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

My understanding is that the Keys Crocodile is quite rare and somewhat timid.

- DSK

A timid saltwater croc?

That's true. I've only seen one briefly and I live at the northern edge of where they can be found. They're mostly down around Flamingo. Once they reach a few feet long, our gators tend to be pretty timid too. Perhaps they know that Florida Man resides here.

Sometimes tourists, and even some locals who should know better, feed them and big gators start to view people as sources of food. Those gators need to be killed, so the happy tourists are signing a death warrant for the critter they're feeding.

• Like 1