Don't MoveTo Florida

1 minute ago, Ed Lada said:

The Langley was the first aircraft carrier wasn't it?

Yep, not the first to launch or carry and aircraft but the first one to have a plane land on it... which seemed utterly crazy at the time.

- DSK

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course there is. Evolutionary time is vast compared to the span since ‘civilization’ began, and even then… Let’s face it, aggression is a beneficial trait, then and today. Now it’s just called ‘amb

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

Sometimes the local Letters To The Editor can be more amusing than sad: "So I'm driving down Midway and look to the left and there in a church parking lot is a pickup truck with a Confederate fla

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yep, not the first to launch or carry and aircraft but the first one to have a plane land on it... which seemed utterly crazy at the time.

- DSK

It's still pretty crazy to watch supersonic fighters land on modern carriers!

When I was a soldier in Japan, I knew a Navy medic who was on the Independence, CV 62, the 7th fleet carrier at the time.  He took me on board and gave me a tour a few days before they were departing on a cruise.  Standing on the vast, mostly empty flight deck was amazing and the size of the hangar deck below was also impressive, as was the rest of the ship.  I missed a chance to  go on a 'Tiger cruise' on the Indy because I left Japan before it happened.

We worked a lot with Navy personnel because Atsugi Naval Air Station where the planes went when the carrier was in port was close to our Army post.  We provided after hours medical care for the Navy base so two small clinics didn't have to stay open 24/7, and they sent docs and medics to help in return.  We also sent patients to Yokosuka Navy base about 35 miles from our location. I got to fly there in a helicopter on many occasions.  My daughter was born at Yokosuka Naval Hospital in 1991.  Some great people in the Navy.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, shaggy said:

2k .75 acre 3b 2.5...  3k tax.....  zillow = wow....  LOL, but like billy, where in the fuck would I go???  Have options in Chicago and Phoenix, but snowbirding is not my thing...  (no h20 in phoenix)...  

Ditto, where would e go? We're ready to move on but can't seem to find anywhere we like better than here.

When my folks retired they moved from So. Jersey back to our old home town in NW PA and bought a house for cash and banked a bundle. That's an option for us with family and friends in abundance there but it's about 800 miles too far from salt water.

We're also hobbled so long as Mom is still alive and kicking, and she looks like she'll outlive us all, so Portugal is off the table for a while.

28 minutes ago, Willin' said:

When my folks retired they moved from So. Jersey back to our old home town in NW PA and bought a house for cash and banked a bundle. That's an option for us with family and friends in abundance there but it's about 800 miles too far from salt water.

I know you live near the ocean, but Lake Erie isn't so bad and it sure is cleaner than it was back in the day thanks to stricter pollution controls and zebra mussels!

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I know you live near the ocean, but Lake Erie isn't so bad and it sure is cleaner than it was back in the day thanks to stricter pollution controls and zebra mussels!

Yeah we actually like it there on those warm, breezy summer days, even if the sailing is kinda sucky. Spent Christmas there and was pleasantly surprised at the recent investment in the downtown area. Erie is definitely on the way back!

Who knows? I get zillow announcements from there daily, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger unless Mom really needs us closer. Summer in Maine is just around the corner, and no one wants to miss out on even a day of that.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

I got a little off subject, but my point is Education and health care we're way down the list not #1 For the richest country in the world, I fine that unacceptable, but in Military we're #1, Why do we have to be the world's police?

If you want to carry this on start another topic, returning to "don't move to Florida"

good question,  I think it's a matter of protecting democracy  corporate interests

22 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Summer in ME starts on the 4th of July.

Is that when you put the saddles on the mosquitos for the ice harvest?

I remember packed blocks of Maine ice in sawdust a long long time ago. 

26 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Yeah we actually like it there on those warm, breezy summer days, even if the sailing is kinda sucky. Spent Christmas there and was pleasantly surprised at the recent investment in the downtown area. Erie is definitely on the way back!

Who knows? I get zillow announcements from there daily, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger unless Mom really needs us closer. Summer in Maine is just around the corner, and no one wants to miss out on even a day of that.

They certainly have cleaned up the bay front.  I always wondered why they didn't do that a long time ago.  All of that prime waterfront property full of old dilapidate d buildings and such.

Because most of of the factories are closed and Erie, like many rustbelt cities has transitioned to a service economy I don't know where the money is coming from in the city.  The price of houses there in the last year or 2 is amazing.  Last year my best friend moved out of the middle of the city into a suburb on the east side.  They bought a modest 1800 sq ft ranch home with a decent sized lot.  They got in a bidding war and paid $20,000 more than the listing price.  I guess a lot of it has to do with what school district your in, but I don't know how a young family just starting out can afford a decent house in that market.  It's Erie, PA, not some garden spot with lots of high paying jobs.

25 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Dunno, I only spent one summer up there for band camp.

Stories or it didn't happen!  

49 minutes ago, Windward said:

Is that when you put the saddles on the mosquitos for the ice harvest?

I remember packed blocks of Maine ice in sawdust a long long time ago. 

They still  do harvest ice here...

http://thompsonicehouse.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ThompsonIceHouse

Until a few years ago they usually had a small harvest festival in February that made a nice cabin fever reliever on a cold, sunny winter day. Hot chocolate, ice skating and fill the ice house with blocks packed in sawdust for summer use. It was awesome!

Icehouse.jpg

1c21109692acb59d7a9e8a80acbe0c0c.jpg

7 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

By the looks of those aircraft carriers, that photo was probably taken prior to WWII.

Could have been much later - a Dirty Harry flick  - the one with the rogue young cops - was filmed partly on Suisin Bay "Jeep" carriers.

It's a shadow of it's former self now. Used to have battlewagons moored there and I seem to recall that Savannah was even there for a time.

Suisun Bay - Wikipedia

On 1/5/2022 at 5:34 PM, chester said:

hey, let's kick the tires on this!

For what, a committee boat?  We don't have enough F-18's, helicopters or men to fit the thing out properly if we stripped every ship and air force squadron in the country.

20 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

For what, a committee boat?  We don't have enough F-18's, helicopters or men to fit the thing out properly if we stripped every ship and air force squadron in the country.

repurpose baby, repurpose

8 hours ago, Willin' said:

Ditto, where would e go? We're ready to move on but can't seem to find anywhere we like better than here.

We're also hobbled so long as Mom is still alive and kicking, and she looks like she'll outlive us all, so Portugal is off the table for a while.

We have also wondered where we would go if the taxes got out of hand here. Hanging tough in the meantime and enjoying the appreciation, property values in this area went up 28% last year. 28%...fuck, the mean value of a house here is over a mil now, no wonder young people have trouble getting into the market.

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

We have also wondered where we would go if the taxes got out of hand here. Hanging tough in the meantime and enjoying the appreciation, property values in this area went up 28% last year. 28%...fuck, the mean value of a house here is over a mil now, no wonder young people have trouble getting into the market.

Yeah but that's in Loonies.  In real money it's maybe a buck fiddy.

Elected officials in Republican-led states are in pursuit of three main goals: Dismantling democracy, exacerbating economic equality and making the pandemic worse. Blue states’ spent the last year addressing urgent issues exacerbated by the pandemic, but not in Florida. Ask Gov. Ron DeSantis, why not. 

Letters: What's wrong with Florida? (msn.com)

Up To 1 Million COVID Tests Expired In Florida As Gov. DeSantis Kept Mum On Surging Cases | HuffPost Latest News

Florida’s Dismal COVID Future

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) issued an executive order that forbids schools from mandating classroom masks, even as Florida breaks COVID-19 infection records.

Bestselling author Don Winslow’s latest viral video hammers Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) with the observation that his state’s death toll from COVID-19 will soon surpass the number of American soldiers killed in the Vietnam War.

Ron DeSantis' 'Disastrous' COVID-19 Response Ripped In Viral 'Florida Is Vietnam' Video | HuffPost Latest News

Florida's Fearless Leader again shows his true colors:

guvdumbo.jpg.3cbf83b82f5ea60f8ba7e256042f7517.jpg

DeSantis downplays Jan. 6 assault on US Capitol

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday downplayed aspects of the Jan. 6, 2021, storming of the U.S. Capitol, adding he didn’t intend to watch “nauseating” media-driven, one-year anniversary remembrances.

“You’re going to see the D.C., New York media, I mean, this is their Christmas, Jan. 6, OK, ” DeSantis said. “They are going to take this and milk this for anything they could to try to be able to smear anyone who ever supported Donald Trump.”

The governor said people should be held accountable for rioting, but he dismissed labeling people who stormed the Capitol as terrorists and rejected descriptions of the events as an insurrection.

“Let’s just be clear here, when they try to act like this is something akin to the Sept. 11 attacks, that is an insult to the people who are going into those buildings,” DeSantis said.

“And it’s an insult to people when you say it’s an insurrection, and then a year later, nobody has been charged with that (crime),” DeSantis continued. “People are being charged with disrupting proceedings or (things like) that. I think it’s very important that if this is what you said it was, why are you not charging people? So, I think it’s going to end up being just a politicized Charlie Foxtrot today.

28 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I love SK!                  :)

That was 100% English.  I am saving this post for evidence. 

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

Florida's Fearless Leader again shows his true colors:

guvdumbo.jpg.3cbf83b82f5ea60f8ba7e256042f7517.jpg

DeSantis downplays Jan. 6 assault on US Capitol

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday downplayed aspects of the Jan. 6, 2021, storming of the U.S. Capitol, adding he didn’t intend to watch “nauseating” media-driven, one-year anniversary remembrances.

“You’re going to see the D.C., New York media, I mean, this is their Christmas, Jan. 6, OK, ” DeSantis said. “They are going to take this and milk this for anything they could to try to be able to smear anyone who ever supported Donald Trump.”

The governor said people should be held accountable for rioting, but he dismissed labeling people who stormed the Capitol as terrorists and rejected descriptions of the events as an insurrection.

“Let’s just be clear here, when they try to act like this is something akin to the Sept. 11 attacks, that is an insult to the people who are going into those buildings,” DeSantis said.

“And it’s an insult to people when you say it’s an insurrection, and then a year later, nobody has been charged with that (crime),” DeSantis continued. “People are being charged with disrupting proceedings or (things like) that. I think it’s very important that if this is what you said it was, why are you not charging people? So, I think it’s going to end up being just a politicized Charlie Foxtrot today.

Can't wait for this dude to get voted out of office.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, dyslexic dog said:

Saw this today in the IC off of siesta key

0ADA5F10-FA2E-4335-8BCD-D96CFF87C182.jpeg

We have a few of those derelicts on the ICW in the Treasure Coast as well.  Sad sights.

I must reiterate that I had nothing to do with the Boy's Night Out at the Capitol!  ;)

‘A politicized Charlie Foxtrot:’ DeSantis downplays Jan. 6 assault on US Capitol

Gov. Ron DeSantis spoke out on 1 year anniversary of Capitol Riot

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis speaks in West Palm Beach on Thursday, Jan. 6, 2022
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis speaks in West Palm Beach on Thursday, Jan. 6, 2022 (Copyright 2022 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.)

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday downplayed aspects of the Jan. 6, 2021, storming of the U.S. Capitol, adding he didn’t intend to watch “nauseating” media-driven, one-year anniversary remembrances.

Appearing at a news conference in West Palm Beach about the coronavirus pandemic, the Republican governor also drew a comparison between the assault on the Capitol by supporters of former President Donald Trump and an ideologically driven 2017 shooting that injured U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., and three other people.

[TRENDING: Study: Researchers predict end of omicron wave is near | Florida Oath Keeper speaks from jail | Become a News 6 Insider (it’s free!)]

There was controversy over the arrest of a man in a wheelchair at Governor DeSantis’ news conference Wednesday (the man was asking questions). The brash Nikki Fried, Florida’s Agriculture Commissioner, chimed in with a tweet:

Ron DeSantis is doing everything he can to become a dictator. He’s already half of the word there.

Florida Republicans cried foul, so Fried followed up with a picture of a surly DeSantis superimposed on a bunch of potatoes.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

He's just throwing red meat to the R base because he has presidential aspirations.  He wants to out Trump Trump.

5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

He's just throwing red meat to the R base because he has presidential aspirations.  He wants to out Trump Trump.

Thats the problem, he's doing it in a state that eats that shit right up and drinks the Trump Kool-aid by the gallons.  It will work very well for him.

4 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Fear it migt be a long wait.

11 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Yeah but that's in Loonies.  In real money it's maybe a buck fiddy.

That was mildly amusing 50 years ago.

No longer.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

That was mildly amusing 50 years ago.

No longer.

When I was a kid we lived around 80 miles from the Canadian border so sometimes we would get Canadian coins as change when we bought stuff - merchants trying to pass off their losses off on unsuspecting kids.

27 minutes ago, slap said:

When I was a kid we lived around 80 miles from the Canadian border so sometimes we would get Canadian coins as change when we bought stuff - merchants trying to pass off their losses off on unsuspecting kids.

Pfft.  I've lived in Michigan, within 15 miles of the border my entire life.  We just ignore the canadian coins and pretend they are US.  All the stores here do the same.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Won't happen here.  Most Floridians seem to be devotees of white wing propaganda.  And DickSantis loves voter suppression of you know who.  Wink, wink.

45 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Pfft.  I've lived in Michigan, within 15 miles of the border my entire life.  We just ignore the canadian coins and pretend they are US.  All the stores here do the same.

Pretty much my experience too.

OK, we were across Lake Erie from them, but we still got a lot of Canadian coins.

50 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

25 miles on the other side for me until I finished school.  We carefully hoarded US quarters since your vending machines wouldn't take Canadian coins.

2 hours ago, slap said:

No lossage.  Didn't they explain signeurage to you in grade 9?

3 hours ago, slap said:

When I was a kid, no-one on either side of the border cared about coinage - it all worked in coin machines so no-one cared.

As to losses - AYFKM? It's pocket change FFS.

Beach Wars!

MURDOCK, FL — A community meeting on Manasota Key, FL may be needed before a sand war breaks out on the beach.

“It’s a mess,” Damian Ochab said.

He said there have been misunderstandings among the property owners and beachgoers on what distinguishes public from private beach fronts. Ochab is president of the South Manasota-Sandpiper Key Association.

The dispute is concentrated south of the Beach Road roundabout on Manasota Key, Ochab told members of Charlotte County’s Beaches and Shores Advisory Committee this week.

“We need some conclusion” to the issues, he said, suggesting potential confrontations need to be quelled before they start.

Charlotte County paid $30 million for a beach nourishment project in 2020 that added sand to its eroded Gulf shoreline.

Because public funding was used to restore the beach, the erosion control line runs parallel with the shoreline and establishes what is private and what is public.

However, a dozen or two Gulf front property owners refused to sign the easements and no erosion control lines were established on the beach fronting their properties. Traditionally, dry sand was deemed private and wet sand at the high tide line public.

Some property owners are now posting their own signs and erecting other barriers on the beach to dissuade people from settling in for a day between their homes and the Gulf.

Further complicating the issue, in 2019, then Gov. Rick Scott signed a bill into law that blocks local governments from adopting ordinances to allow continued public entry to privately owned beaches, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

Any city or county that wants to do that has to get a judge’s approval first — by suing the private landowners.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Beach Wars!

MURDOCK, FL — A community meeting on Manasota Key, FL may be needed before a sand war breaks out on the beach.

“It’s a mess,” Damian Ochab said.

He said there have been misunderstandings among the property owners and beachgoers on what distinguishes public from private beach fronts. Ochab is president of the South Manasota-Sandpiper Key Association.

The dispute is concentrated south of the Beach Road roundabout on Manasota Key, Ochab told members of Charlotte County’s Beaches and Shores Advisory Committee this week.

“We need some conclusion” to the issues, he said, suggesting potential confrontations need to be quelled before they start.

Charlotte County paid $30 million for a beach nourishment project in 2020 that added sand to its eroded Gulf shoreline.

Because public funding was used to restore the beach, the erosion control line runs parallel with the shoreline and establishes what is private and what is public.

However, a dozen or two Gulf front property owners refused to sign the easements and no erosion control lines were established on the beach fronting their properties. Traditionally, dry sand was deemed private and wet sand at the high tide line public.

Some property owners are now posting their own signs and erecting other barriers on the beach to dissuade people from settling in for a day between their homes and the Gulf.

Further complicating the issue, in 2019, then Gov. Rick Scott signed a bill into law that blocks local governments from adopting ordinances to allow continued public entry to privately owned beaches, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

Any city or county that wants to do that has to get a judge’s approval first — by suing the private landowners.

Then let the rich homeowners pay for their own sand or let the Key sink into the gulf, it will any how

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

Then let the rich homeowners pay for their own sand or let the Key sink into the gulf, it will any how

Instead of continually dumping millions into protecting their private beaches?  Seems like a good compromise.

14 minutes ago, Jules said:

Instead of continually dumping millions into protecting their private beaches?  Seems like a good compromise.

Years ago, I was a reporter interviewing condo owner on Singer Island, That the town/cty has to protect his condo, with more sand, the funny thing right behind him was a sign "NO TRESSPASSING"

13 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:
32 minutes ago, Jules said:

Years ago, I was a reporter interviewing condo owner on Singer Island, That the town/cty has to protect his condo, with more sand, the funny thing right behind him was a sign "NO TRESSPASSING"

"That's what we pay taxes for, iddenitt?"

- DSK

IME waterfront property owners can be among the most entitled assholes on the planet.

If it falls within their field of view that think they have the right to control it.

While the proles pay the tab.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

IME waterfront property owners can be among the most entitled assholes on the planet.

If it falls within their field of view that think they have the right to control it.

While the proles pay the tab.

My reign will only allow insurers to reimburse once after a damaging storm. No rebuilding, I don't care who you know. No more flatlanders paying for the richest folks to block their ocean access.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

So they really do like socialism?

Yet another genius is caught...

Explosives found at Florida man’s home after arrest at rally

CLEARWATER (AP) — Authorities said they found homemade explosives, including hand-style grenades and a pipe explosive, along with nails and duct tape while searching the home of a Florida man arrested after he was spotted running away from a Jan. 6 anniversary rally.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said Garrett Smith, 22, was near a political assembly supporting a jailed Oath Keeper who is charged with participating in the Capitol riot last year. When they searched his backpack, they found a pipe-style explosive device and a checklist detailing items to bring including armor, helmet, shaded goggles, a gas mask, duct tape and flammable rags.

Deputies said they also found a helmet with a logo on it that had been seen at other protests in cities such as Portland, where Smith had spent time.

Gualtieri said Smith has not been cooperative and doesn’t know why he abandoned his plan or what his political beliefs are.

15 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

only when it's good for them!

Yeah but they call it 'I earned it on my own' not socialism.

Selfish bastards!

37 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
16 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

only when it's good for them!

Yeah but they call it 'I earned it on my own' not socialism.

Selfish bastards!

I have yet to ever hear of a single rich person who started out naked in the woods with nothing but sticks and rocks. Nor any who emerged from a lawless, chaotic... yet totally FREE!... region like Somalia.

They're not -ALL- selfish bastards, it's dishonest ones (or guys after their third beer, making grandiose statements...  happens) who say stuff like "I earned it all myself!"

- DSK

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I have yet to ever hear of a single rich person who started out naked in the woods with nothing but sticks and rocks. Nor any who emerged from a lawless, chaotic... yet totally FREE!... region like Somalia.

They're not -ALL- selfish bastards, it's dishonest ones (or guys after their third beer, making grandiose statements...  happens) who say stuff like "I earned it all myself!"

- DSK

"I earned it all myself!" On the backs of under paid workers with no benefits

With money from either their parents or Government or both!

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

"I earned it all myself!" On the backs of under paid workers with no benefits

With money from either their parents or Government or both!

I remember when president Obama said "You didn't make this" in a speech.  Of course some people took that quote absent any context from the rest of the speech and pilloried him for it.  

Nobody get rich by the their genius and work alone.  From federal infrastructure, tax benefits, public education, being born in the right place at the right time, and many other things, the 'self made man' is a bit of an exaggeration.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I have yet to ever hear of a single rich person who started out naked in the woods with nothing but sticks and rocks.

Harry Reid's mom did laundry for a whorehouse. She left Harry to be raised by wolves. Wall St. and K St wolves. 

Look Daddy these guys are bad 

I guess that what happens when you hang around teenage girls?

Matt Gaetz Tattles to Ron DeSantis That FL Festival Is 'Unlawfully' Requiring Vaccinations (msn.com)

I was really hoping Gaetz would be in jail by now.  Have not heard anything about all that crap in a while.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

I was really hoping Gaetz would be in jail by now.  Have not heard anything about all that crap in a while.

Gaetz is that one kid that everybody knew in elementary school that would rat out anybody breaking the rules, to the teacher.  Except that kid was more mature.

DeSantis signed the executive order on April 2, 2021. In it, DeSantis wrote that when businesses require proof of vaccination, it "reduce[s] individual freedom ... harm[s] patient privacy" and "create[s] two classes of citizens based on vaccination."

Gosh, golly, I can think of any number of laws that reduce individual freedom.  In fact they all do in one way or another, and for good reasons!  

DeSantis is a real piece of work, that's for sure.  

De Santis is one of the greatest mass murderers in American history.

And millions of Floriduhn's think "Now there's a guy I can get behind and vote for."

28 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

And millions of Floriduhn's think "Now there's a guy I can get behind and vote for."

A beautiful example of 'R' think.

"Alternate facts, alternate reality."  

If the RNC steals that for their next fundraising campaign, I will hire the best lawyers and sue their pants off!  

DeSatin won the election for governor by less than a half of a percentage point. With his maggot base being largely unvaccinated, and probably drinking their own urine now, I am hoping enough of his voters will have died of covid to guarantee he looses the next election. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:
6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

A beautiful example of 'R' think.

"Alternate facts, alternate reality."  

If the RNC steals that for their next fundraising campaign, I will hire the best lawyers and sue their pants off!  

??

Why do you want their pants?

- DSK

• Like 2
7 hours ago, billsreef said:

DeSatin won the election for governor by less than a half of a percentage point. With his maggot base being largely unvaccinated, and probably drinking their own urine now, I am hoping enough of his voters will have died of covid to guarantee he looses the next election. 

Is Florida the First State to Lose Democracy? - YouTube

59 minutes ago, Sailabout said:

its the whole USA

In the video, Hartman says that the Rs are far better at messaging than the Ds.  He's absolutely right.  I have said for years that the Rs suck at making meaningful and fair policy and laws, but they are masters of propaganda.  Goebbels would be proud of them were he alive today.  Look how the Rs have pushed the Big Lie to the point that 60% of registered Rs believe it to be true.  Since they can't get elected fairly, they will use any means to take and hold on to power.  

If the Rs make major gains in the mid term elections, which is entirely possible, we are doomed.

Just yesterday, the execrable Mitch McConnell threatened the Ds in Congress with a political tactical nuke if they change the filibuster rule.

"If my colleague tries to break the Senate to silence those millions of Americans, we will make their voices heard in this chamber in ways that are more inconvenient for the majority and this White House than what anybody has seen in living memory," McConnell said on the Senate floor on Tuesday."

The same Mitch McConnell that ignored the long standing precedent to block then president Obama from nominating a Supreme Court Justice, so the R's could stack the court with their ultra Conservative favorites, among many other odious behaviors.  McConnell obviously doesn't care about governing in any reasonable way.

May you live in interesting times, indeed!  

I don't want to hear about take it to PA.  This isn't about politics anymore, this is about the survival of democracy in the US.  Reasonable Americans need to wake the fuck up!

• Like 1
On 1/9/2022 at 8:57 AM, Jules said:

Yet another genius is caught...

Explosives found at Florida man’s home after arrest at rally

CLEARWATER (AP) — Authorities said they found homemade explosives, including hand-style grenades and a pipe explosive, along with nails and duct tape while searching the home of a Florida man arrested after he was spotted running away from a Jan. 6 anniversary rally.

two things :   wtf is a "hand-style grenade"  

and why is running considered a crime worthy of a chase,  an illegal search and arrest?

• Like 1
On 1/12/2022 at 6:54 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

two things :   wtf is a "hand-style grenade"  

and why is running considered a crime worthy of a chase,  an illegal search and arrest?

Or in some case nowadays, an on the spot death sentence without a any charges or trial.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Is there more to link these two disparate thoughts together besides that comma? 

I mean, was the guy jogging in shorts and singlet? Pretty common in DC, tho maybe not in Jan.

Or was he running from a deadly insurrection on the nation's capitol dressed in camo and kevlar? 

ETA: I'm thrilled to hear there are some  cops that weren't in on it!

Edited by Blue Crab