Don't MoveTo Florida

What do you find funny about Florida's rate of increase and the rate of increase in precisely the cities where those greasy kids brought their Florida beach infestations?  Will you still laugh if you are coughing up blood?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

From Twitter: On behalf of the State of Florida, I apologize for Marco Rubio. And Rick Scott. And Matt Gaetz. And Greg Steube. And Ron DeSantis. But not Donald Trump. Until someone can prove h

That explains a lot. I suspect that amoeba's been active in Florida for quite some time...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Hopefully you will own Ronny D's stupidity when the consequences of his failures are revealed.

That's what I'd call a faint hope.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I'm not focusing outrage anywhere - I'm merely pointing out that Florida is likely to be the most disease-infested state in the near future in large part because of your stupid fucking elected officials and the stupid fucking children who elected them.  Hopefully you will own Ronny D's stupidity when the consequences of his failures are revealed.

Come to Georgia.  The restaurants are open!

We like disease.  Spread it around, it's all good.  (Bring your pistol or pick up another ten).

It’s just getting worse here in FL. Spring breakers, New Yorkers and Jersey people fleeing those infested areas and coming down here, Ronny D won’t man the hell up and order a lockdown. 

Doesn’t really make me feel too dandy to leave my kids, bowgirl wife and her parents behind for 5 weeks to go to work. Yay...

• Like 1

Both Trump and DeSantis have said that NYers should not move to Florida....Trump just recently switched from NYC to Fl.... Will DeSantis quarantine him for14 days before he's let loose on the streets

18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Florida has been notorious for its low pay as long as I can remember - and that is a woefully long time.

A writeup years ago on the Tampa Bay boat builders commented that the climate was regarded as 50% of their compensation.

When I was moving dirt for PiGI in 1973, we made $3.75/ hr.  A Union guy up north was making $6 or so.  I was told that we take the sunshine out of your paycheck.

17 hours ago, Jules said:

And then there's this -

HairAlgae.jpg.dccd49d6bb85ba3c571df66d1a9076f6.jpg

Went out back to shoo a bird off the boat when I saw this coming in on the tides.  Last week was the first time I have ever seen hair algae in the canals but it was all green.  Now it's black. 

I'm no expert on the stuff but I do know from keeping reef tanks for years that hair algae results from high phosphates.  When it turns black, your tank has become toxic and your reef creatures begin to die.

I'm sure Mosaic's phosphate mining just upstream from us has nothing to do with it.  Just ask them, or the politicians they fund.

Other than the destruction of the land, phosphate doesn't leak into the river until there is a spill from the stacks.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0043135477901531

Most likely from all of the fertilizer dumped on the lawns in your subdivision.  

My lottery project would be to take water samples from various spots around here  and see what we have done.   

9 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

We're too close to the mouth of the Peace River for that water not to move in and out with the tides.  It's almost brackish.  That's why red tide never hit here.  But you already know that.

21 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Other than the destruction of the land, phosphate doesn't leak into the river until there is a spill from the stacks.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0043135477901531

My lottery project would be to take water samples from various spots around here  and see what we have done.   

Were you here when one of the ponds blew out into the river? Dennis was. He told me that it killed everything down to about Cape Haze.

13 hours ago, Jules said:

We're too close to the mouth of the Peace River for that water not to move in and out with the tides.  It's almost brackish.  That's why red tide never hit here.  But you already know that.

I've always thought that  if fountains  like those  in the dead lakes at Marion and Colony Point were put in the canals the water quality would improve.  But maintaining those perfect "northern" lawns is still part of the problem.

When a very large landowner (his brother covers his pick em up truck with Tom's favorite bumper stickers)complained about the county's fertilizer regs being too much gummit, I said that they are preserving your land value.  A bloom or spill will cut property values as bad as an economic crisis.

39 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Were you here when one of the ponds blew out into the river? Dennis was. He told me that it killed everything down to about Cape Haze.

I missed that.  But my neighbor the ex-commissioner A C took a lot of heat/hate  when he pushed the to enact a county ordinance against the mines.

29 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

I missed that.  But my neighbor the ex-commissioner A C took a lot of heat/hate  when he pushed the to enact a county ordinance against the mines.

I didn't know we had them in our county. Thought they were all upstream in DeSoto.

3 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

I've always thought that  if fountains  like those  in the dead lakes at Marion and Colony Point were put in the canals the water quality would improve.  But maintaining those perfect "northern" lawns is still part of the problem.

When a very large landowner (his brother covers his pick em up truck with Tom's favorite bumper stickers)complained about the county's fertilizer regs being too much gummit, I said that they are preserving your land value.  A bloom or spill will cut property values as bad as an economic crisis.

We've been here five years and have yet to use any fertilizer on the lawn.  I'm one of those low maintenance people - if it isn't dying, let Mother Nature take care of it.  But we will occasionally sit out front and water the plants and trees, while sipping on a cocktail.  I have yet to do that sober though. :rolleyes:

On another note, the SO told me a co-worker has this whole virus thing figured out.  So anyone who wants to keep the virus at bay, take notice!

"I got this thing figured out," he says.  "Heat kills coronavirus so I am going to take my hair dryer and blow it into my mouth until I can't take it anymore.  Then I'll wait a while and do it again.  I don't care how long it takes but I am going to keep doing that until the virus is gone."

Gotta love the Florida Man.

On 3/28/2020 at 8:18 PM, Jkdubz808 said:

It’s just getting worse here in FL. Spring breakers, New Yorkers and Jersey people fleeing those infested areas and coming down here, Ronny D won’t man the hell up and order a lockdown. 

Doesn’t really make me feel too dandy to leave my kids, bowgirl wife and her parents behind for 5 weeks to go to work. Yay...

Are you part of the new lockdown?

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/covid-19-checkpoint-on-i-95-causes-long-backup-at-georgia-florida-border

too little too late , should have been done before spring break! Roony D was listening to Drump, it's a dems HOAX

Fox news even cut him off, 

• Like 1
On 3/28/2020 at 7:18 PM, Jkdubz808 said:

Didn't realize you could still get out...all of my Patch guys are "if you're out you're staying out...if you're in you're not going out"...

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not yet, although as of now upon return in beginning of May I’ll have to spend 14 days of my 28 off quarantined away from the family or else face 60 days in jail due to Louisiana being a ‘hotspot’ according to Ronny D.

1 hour ago, Grabbler said:

Didn't realize you could still get out...all of my Patch guys are "if you're out you're staying out...if you're in you're not going out"...

Yeah, company is renting me a car to drive to Louisiana to catch the chopper.

2 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Not yet, although as of now upon return in beginning of May I’ll have to spend 14 days of my 28 off quarantined away from the family or else face 60 days in jail due to Louisiana being a ‘hotspot’ according to Ronny D.

Yeah, company is renting me a car to drive to Louisiana to catch the chopper.

Yet the boat ramps stay open up here.  Just got the county update.  Parks closed, ramps open. Sandbar party both days last weekend, and the one before that. Who am I to question the chasing of drunk redneck poon? I'm just rather stunned that Darwin came up with something to keep me from joining in. 

On 3/30/2020 at 9:05 AM, Cristoforo said:

Florida church jammed for Sunday service despite pandemic

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-tampa-florida-church-jammed-for-sunday-service-despite-pandemic/

sweet, the evangelicals taking themselves out one church at a time

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Fucking A.

Maybe the magic T has for the deplorables will wane as folks in flyover country and the Pure Believers begin to get sick. Fl is taking the hit here but ya know the Trumpists will still get together for God everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Maybe they're right about God's intentions - they just didn't think about it only being them.

6 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

we had a large baptist church do the same thing...   don't think it was the black baptists though.. they're smarter than that ..

In that context I'd call it a fine distinction.;)

17 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yet the boat ramps stay open up here.  Just got the county update.  Parks closed, ramps open. Sandbar party both days last weekend, and the one before that. Who am I to question the chasing of drunk redneck poon? I'm just rather stunned that Darwin came up with something to keep me from joining in. 

Down here it seems to be mostly drunk redneck teen poon and I've been too old for a pretty long time now.

Just now, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Down here it seems to be mostly drunk redneck teen poon and I've been too old for a pretty long time now.

Me too. I live close enough to a highway to hear traffic, with a light about 1/4 mile up the road. On any given Friday or Saturday night, there is a seemingly endless train of less-than-muffled trucks going wide open from that light to a similar distance from me in the other direction. It lasts from late afternoon to about midnight. I call it the teenage redneck mating call. A petroleum based “come out, come out, wherever you are.”

If that is any measure, there are some parents who are taking it seriously. There were still a few, but it was far from nonstop. 

My little hacienda is on the way from a po section to town proper. There are at least two, maybe three, teenagers that go by with the big loud BOOM BOOM BOOMING from their speakers. 

And peacocks spread their tailfeathers.  

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Me too. I live close enough to a highway to hear traffic, with a light about 1/4 mile up the road. On any given Friday or Saturday night, there is a seemingly endless train of less-than-muffled trucks going wide open from that light to a similar distance from me in the other direction. It lasts from late afternoon to about midnight. I call it the teenage redneck mating call. A petroleum based “come out, come out, wherever you are.”

If that is any measure, there are some parents who are taking it seriously. There were still a few, but it was far from nonstop. 

Do they fly their treason flags?  They do here.

The ramps, in our county are open. This mornings paper said they are considering closing the ramps to all non county residents. This would stop some people from the counties, 30 miles west from coming over here for their drunken redneck sandbar parties. Can't wait to see how that works.

DeSantas said he flew over Miami Beach yesterday and there were plenty of people on the beaches. 

Shut  down orders are useless if people don't and still do whatever they want.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, LarryE said:

The ramps, in our county are open. This mornings paper said they are considering closing the ramps to all non county residents. This would stop some people from the counties, 30 miles west from coming over here for their drunken redneck sandbar parties. Can't wait to see how that works.

DeSantas said he flew over Miami Beach yesterday and there were plenty of people on the beaches. 

Shut  down orders are useless if people don't and still do whatever they want.

Don't let them off the beach ..and see if that gets the message around any better

This global situation is certainly demonstrating how durable stupid is.

Maybe Darwin's haul will up the average IQ a bit. I fear it's going to be expensive for intelligent people too because of all the morons.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:04 PM, Jkdubz808 said:

And now FL is on house arrest. 

Except for churches.  The governor has decided that the pastors should get as many tithes as possible out of their congregations prior to them mutually infecting each other. 

I believe this is called the Jim Jones school of governance. 

2 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Except for churches.  The governor has decided that the pastors should get as many tithes as possible out of their congregations prior to them mutually infecting each other. 

Amen Brother! 

35 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Your whole fucking country is operating on that concept.

Did they teach it at Trump U.?

• Like 1

Manatee County to consider curfew

By ABC7 Staff | April 2, 2020 at 3:29 PM EDT - Updated April 2 at 3:36 PM

Manatee County Commissioners will meet Friday to consider a supplemental local emergency resolution that will allow officials to enforce a temporary curfew as local government and law enforcement try to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The order will potentially give law enforcement agencies the ability to enforce restrictions on group gathering.

Governor DeSantis issued a new Executive Order today which clarifies that new and used automobile dealerships are “ESSENTIAL.” The order goes into effect Friday morning, April 3rd, at 12:01 am.
The order establishes that “new and used automobile dealerships” are essential retail and commercial businesses which may remain open per adoption of the Miami-Dade Order on March 19, 2020, and the following Addendum 07-20.

7 hours ago, Left Shift said:

That's an unusually short punch line. :mellow:

• Like 2
6 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Manatee County to consider curfew

By ABC7 Staff | April 2, 2020 at 3:29 PM EDT - Updated April 2 at 3:36 PM

Manatee County Commissioners will meet Friday to consider a supplemental local emergency resolution that will allow officials to enforce a temporary curfew as local government and law enforcement try to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The order will potentially give law enforcement agencies the ability to enforce restrictions on group gathering.

West Palm Beach has had a curfew for a week now. Not sure how strongly it is being enforced tho....

Just read this review of PG.  How true!

Punta Gorda is a retirement community!!!

Star Rating - 2/13/2014
Punta Gorda is the U.S. city with the most elderly residents,mainly mid-westeners and some retirees from middle class to upper class,the city is overwhelmingly elderly, which could be a culture shock if you come from a much younger city, the population triples during snowbird season October to May,

It's also very conservative/republican and backwards in nature, there is also a large redneck/southern population living in the many trailer parks around the city, you will notice the many lifted trucks with confederate flags flying on trucks and front plates.

There is nothing to do for people under 55 other than drink and fishing,you have to cross the bridge into Port Charlotte for most things like shopping and the very small,run down,town center over there.

If you are an elderly conservative/republican with money to buy a boat,and like to fish and drink all day, you'll be in heaven down here.

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

Star Rating - 2/13/2014
Punta Gorda is the U.S. city with the most elderly residents,mainly mid-westeners and some retirees from middle class to upper class,the city is overwhelmingly elderly, which could be a culture shock if you come from a much younger city, the population triples during snowbird season October to May,

It's also very conservative/republican and backwards in nature, there is also a large redneck/southern population living in the many trailer parks around the city, you will notice the many lifted trucks with confederate flags flying on trucks and front plates.

There is nothing to do for people under 55 other than drink and fishing,you have to cross the bridge into Port Charlotte for most things like shopping and the very small,run down,town center over there.

If you are an elderly conservative/republican with money to buy a boat,and like to fish and drink all day, you'll be in heaven down here.

It takes no imagination to figure out that some Metro wrote that review. They could have just said, "It's a beautiful area, but the residents are on the old side."

1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

It takes no imagination to figure out that some Metro wrote that review. They could have just said, "It's a beautiful area, but the residents are on the old side."

That goes for a majority of coastal Florida.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Very likely a lot sooner than you thought.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
5 hours ago, Jules said:

Very likely a lot sooner than you thought.

I thicke Woodeye coude vette oute the simpithectic couguares if you our thickeng starteng some knide poloicalle moovementte................                 :)

7 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Well that would be mostly a lie.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jules said:

Star Rating - 2/13/2014

It was even better 45 years ago.  Less commerce, I had to drive to Ft Myers. to buy pants that fit and had style.  The pick um up trucks carried gun racks.  The rednecks had a rifle, the builders had a level.  The best steakhouse in town was located where a storage building is under construction.   I've still got "4 lane 41 Now" bumper stickers.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

It was even better 45 years ago.  Less commerce, I had to drive to Ft Myers. to buy pants that fit and had style.  The pick um up trucks carried gun racks.  The rednecks had a rifle, the builders had a level.  The best steakhouse in town was located where a storage building is under construction.   I've still got "4 lane 41 Now" bumper stickers.

One thing I noticed was the lack of mention about restaurants.  The best are mediocre and the ones overlooking water usually require the patron to down a few umbrella drinks before they can exclaim what a great dinner they had.

The snowbirds are particularly clueless about the quality of food here.  Dean's seems well-loved yet serves freshly baked frozen food and pricey margaritas in tiny glasses.  Birds and locals alike almost all rave about Carmello's despite the fact you can usually get a better tasting dinner from Chef Boyardee.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:11 PM, SloopJonB said:

"Right Now"?

I don't buy the French signage story - the first thing in war is to take down all the road signs. Or move them around to confuse things.

Eh? French signage is super easy. I just put down about 2k km in a 10 stretch with high school French.  Follow the signs for "Tout Directions" - get in the roundabout - look the for the name of the next town on the D-route and take that road. You barely need a GPS. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Eh? French signage is super easy. I just put down about 2k km in a 10 stretch with high school French.  Follow the signs for "Tout Directions" - get in the roundabout - look the for the name of the next town on the D-route and take that road. You barely need a GPS. 

Italy is similar - go to Il Centro,  look for arrows with the next town’s name. They don’t seem to use many road names outside the Autostrada for navigation. 

2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Italy is similar - go to Il Centro,  look for arrows with the next town’s name. They don’t seem to use many road names outside the Autostrada for navigation. 

Yeah - super organized and few stoplights. 

In Floriduh...why are the traffic lights all 10years long?