Jump to content

Don't MoveTo Florida


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Steganographic Tom said:

You haven't tried the Perfect Caper yet?

Also, most PGI residents are unaware that there's life beyond the interstate, and thus unaware that the Royal Thai is darn good and reasonably priced. They had a fire the other day and yellow tape in the driveway yesterday, so I guess you'll have to wait a while to try them.

(And yes, my journey off the property was essential -  broken water pipe. There's only about a half mile of it and I looked all day yesterday for the leak without success so it's back to my shovel today. Oh, and my redneck neighbor's backhoe. Can't fix anything without the backhoe.)

Do we need to pass the hat around SA to buy you a backhoe?  Those ones with the loader buckets seem cheap now (relative) to the tracked digger things.    Though none of that stuff is really cheap...

 

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/hvo/d/johndeere-4x4-110tlb-loader-687-hrs/7084355115.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

i'm not afraid of the brain eating amoeba in texas,  there aren't enough brains in the state to support an epidemic..

That explains a lot. I suspect that amoeba's been active in Florida for quite some time...

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Windward said:

Do we need to pass the hat around SA to buy you a backhoe?  Those ones with the loader buckets seem cheap now (relative) to the tracked digger things.    Though none of that stuff is really cheap...

 

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/hvo/d/johndeere-4x4-110tlb-loader-687-hrs/7084355115.html

Looks like a nice machine but OPB doesn't just stand for "other peoples' boats."

BackhoeCabbagePalms.jpg

There's now a nice hole through the cabbage palms in the direction the pipe in the foreground is headed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steganographic Tom said:

Looks like a nice machine but OPB doesn't just stand for "other peoples' boats."

BackhoeCabbagePalms.jpg

There's now a nice hole through the cabbage palms in the direction the pipe in the foreground is headed.

In keeping with thread drift, why can't you mount tracks on a backhoe like above?  Lock the front wheels and fix up some belt tensioner new rims and done.  Kit may be a bit spendy would be my guess.

The rear wheels on these backhoes can go independently right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Gladde she diddent put annythinge terribelle in theire..........                             :)

It didn't go into detail on the type of porn, though........

:( could turn out disturbing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Flagler County. She’s gotta be in Palm Coast. I can totally see that happening there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

Usually just differential braking.  Ie. Two brake pedals

That's what the one in the picture has but I lack the skill to use them independently. I've seen the owner do it but he's been operating that machine for about 40 years now and has a few skills that I lack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a old backhoe at work and I’ve deiven plenty of jd bushhogs. It really helps tighten the turning radius.  The down side,  if you don’t cover both pedals when you need to brake in a straight line.   Well, you end up not braking in a straight line.   Oops...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  https://www.wftv.com/news/local/flagler-county/flagler-county-woman-placed-400-pamphlets-porn-filled-easter-eggs-strangers-mailboxes-deputies-say/KZTD4H347VEFTP4LMJZH3FY23E/

Investigators said Cestoni told them she gave out more than 400 pamphlets recently.

The eggs were found to have a cracker in the shape of a fish, one sheet of toilet paper, a powdered drink mix, and a crumpled up piece of paper containing pornographic images, according to officials.

Cestoni was arrested and charged with 11 counts of distributing obscene material.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Date: April 14, 2020

Temperature at noon: 90

Forecast temp for today: 94

Hurricane season starts in 47 days.

Florida has not yet enacted the CARES act, so no federal money.

Workers furloughed due to COVID 19 are being denied unemployment benefits.

Governor announces WWE an essential business.

Florida deaths due to COVID passes 500.

Restaurants now offer drive up cocktails. 

The benefits of living in Florida.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jules said:

Date: April 14, 2020

Temperature at noon: 90

Forecast temp for today: 94

Hurricane season starts in 47 days.

Florida has not yet enacted the CARES act, so no federal money.

Workers furloughed due to COVID 19 are being denied unemployment benefits.

Governor announces WWE an essential business.

Florida deaths due to COVID passes 500.

Restaurants now offer drive up cocktails. 

The benefits of living in Florida.

Pythons too. Soon to be in yer yards and canals. They travel faster in water. 

No country for small dogs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Pythons too. Soon to be in yer yards and canals. They travel faster in water. 

No country for small dogs.

No worries.  There are enough rabbits here to keep them full long enough for us to escape. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Pythons too. Soon to be in yer yards and canals. They travel faster in water. 

No country for small dogs.

I thought that the gators would have taken care of the small dogs already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 2:34 PM, Windward said:

Do we need to pass the hat around SA to buy you a backhoe?  Those ones with the loader buckets seem cheap now (relative) to the tracked digger things.    Though none of that stuff is really cheap...

 

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/hvo/d/johndeere-4x4-110tlb-loader-687-hrs/7084355115.html

Your post got me thinking of what it would be like to quit bothering my neighbor to use his machine.

Ordering up a new Kubota B26TLB with a brush grapple and a bush hog this morning.

So yes, a really big hat.

It's substantially smaller than the ancient Ford 555 in the picture so there will still be some jobs that involve bothering my neighbor but it seems a capable little beast. Certainly capable of devastating the boating budget for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steganographic Tom said:

Your post got me thinking of what it would be like to quit bothering my neighbor to use his machine.

Ordering up a new Kubota B26TLB with a brush grapple and a bush hog this morning.

So yes, a really big hat.

It's substantially smaller than the ancient Ford 555 in the picture so there will still be some jobs that involve bothering my neighbor but it seems a capable little beast. Certainly capable of devastating the boating budget for a while.

Nice!   I could use that for a few months...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steganographic Tom said:

Your post got me thinking of what it would be like to quit bothering my neighbor to use his machine.

Ordering up a new Kubota B26TLB with a brush grapple and a bush hog this morning.

So yes, a really big hat.

It's substantially smaller than the ancient Ford 555 in the picture so there will still be some jobs that involve bothering my neighbor but it seems a capable little beast. Certainly capable of devastating the boating budget for a while.

Woops...  Sorry about that.

That looks like a nice machine.  Should last you your lifetime if maintained.

Hope the paint holds up in FL

Enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be in the Floriduh Man thread but, since it came from the judiciary, it reflects on the present state of things in Floriduh.

YouTube "personality" Ian McGuire was under an injunction for protection against stalking a local woman.  Besides stalking her at her place of work and videotaping her, he posted nasty YouTube videos against her, he also sent her a dead kitten.  So the judge who issued the order prohibited McGuire from possessing firearms or ammunition.

Last June, McGuire was arrested for possessing 36 firearms and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

McGuire was just acquitted of the violation.

The judge said the application of the statute violated McGuire's 2nd Amendment rights. 

Welcome to Floriduh!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Steganographic Tom said:

Your post got me thinking of what it would be like to quit bothering my neighbor to use his machine.

Ordering up a new Kubota B26TLB with a brush grapple and a bush hog this morning.

So yes, a really big hat.

It's substantially smaller than the ancient Ford 555 in the picture so there will still be some jobs that involve bothering my neighbor but it seems a capable little beast. Certainly capable of devastating the boating budget for a while.

i knew a guy who moved out to the wilderness of alaska, he said his best purchase was a backhoe...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jules said:

This could be in the Floriduh Man thread but, since it came from the judiciary, it reflects on the present state of things in Floriduh.

YouTube "personality" Ian McGuire was under an injunction for protection against stalking a local woman.  Besides stalking her at her place of work and videotaping her, he posted nasty YouTube videos against her, he also sent her a dead kitten.  So the judge who issued the order prohibited McGuire from possessing firearms or ammunition.

Last June, McGuire was arrested for possessing 36 firearms and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

McGuire was just acquitted of the violation.

The judge said the application of the statute violated McGuire's 2nd Amendment rights. 

Welcome to Floriduh!

hopefully the county crushed all those guns up first..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Windward said:

Woops...  Sorry about that.

That looks like a nice machine.  Should last you your lifetime if maintained.

Hope the paint holds up in FL

Enjoy.

I'm planning to convert an old, disused greenhouse into a shed for it. It is outdoors at the dealership right now but will never again live outside.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO my wife and I go down to the creek every night at sunset. In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I should point out that it's been gloomy, windy, and overcast all day, so no chance of actually seeing the sun set, but we go anyway.

My neighbor and his wife were down there and I showed them a pic of the new tractor that the dealer had sent to me. She blurted out, "Oh how CUTE!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steganographic Tom said:

LMAO my wife and I go down to the creek every night at sunset. In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I should point out that it's been gloomy, windy, and overcast all day, so no chance of actually seeing the sun set, but we go anyway.

My neighbor and his wife were down there and I showed them a pic of the new tractor that the dealer had sent to me. She blurted out, "Oh how CUTE!"

Mighty Mouse was cute to some people :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, Steganographic Tom said:

LMAO my wife and I go down to the creek every night at sunset. In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I should point out that it's been gloomy, windy, and overcast all day, so no chance of actually seeing the sun set, but we go anyway.

My neighbor and his wife were down there and I showed them a pic of the new tractor that the dealer had sent to me. She blurted out, "Oh how CUTE!"

Can we help you name the tractor?

Cute probably doesn't have the rough tough demeanor you are looking for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Windward said:

Can we help you name the tractor?

Cute probably doesn't have the rough tough demeanor you are looking for. 

Sounds like fun.

9 hours ago, Dorado said:

Tractor McTractorface

Except Dorado may have already won.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 8:15 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

aro6LA7_460swp.webp

Breaking news, a lot of beaches were never closed!!

Ours have been open except to sunbath. 

Daytona Beach was closed only for 24 hours, around April 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 9:09 PM, Dorado said:

What'd I win ? :)

Still waiting on other contestants but the machine showed up early this morning. It already killed a cabbage palm and hauled off a bunch of cut palmettos.

KubotaB26Delivery.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Where's the gun rack?

There's a real need for personal protection when clearing brush.

That, or one of those snake wrangling sticks with a loop on the end.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 4:36 AM, SloopJonB said:

Where's the gun rack?

There's a real need for personal protection when clearing brush.

Been clearing scrub during our lockdown. So pleased I live in a place where the only thing dangerous is my own stupidity.

Of course that does make it rather life threatening every time I go out...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Been clearing scrub during our lockdown. So pleased I live in a place where the only thing dangerous is my own stupidity.

That's because you guys exterminated all the moas.

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's because you guys exterminated all the moas.

FKT

Pity the original people didn't leave any for us white folk to snack on as we trampled them down.

Must have been like Fred Flinstone snacking on one of those drum sticks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dorado said:

"Except for the rats. They got huge rats here. I  mean they're friendly enough, but it's still pretty creepy "

Isn't that what the Burmese Pythons should be taking care of?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, slap said:

Isn't that what the Burmese Pythons should be taking care of?

Those bastards are more after small dogs and the cats.  The monitor lizards, however, love the rats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

A man in Florida has been arrested after he was discovered quarantining on a shuttered Disney World island, telling authorities it felt like a “tropical paradise.”

He was social distancing.  Now if he did that tomorrow, when the state largely reopens, then it's trespassing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jules said:

He was social distancing.  Now if he did that tomorrow, when the state largely reopens, then it's trespassing.

If he was camping on an island, how does he get to the pineapple Dole whip and turkey legs?

Seems like a well thought out plan at first, but execution exhibits some flaws.

What an awesome idea if you are so inclined.  Too bad he is now forever banned from Disney properties.   

Such a harsh sentence... he should hire Clean to appeal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Windward said:

Such a harsh sentence... he should hire Clean to appeal.

Our you tryeng to gette Cleane bande to?  Hese gotte a youngue childe, helle neede accesse foure a fiew morre yeares.............                                 :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The border checkpoint coming into the state was a joke:

Masked good Samaritan helping FHP by asking the questions to every motorist: Hello, have you been to NY, California, New Jersey, washington or Louisiana in the last two weeks?

Me: Nope

Masked person: Ok thank you, go ahead.

 

I was in a rental car with Maryland plates.  They didn't even ask to see my license.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 11:45 AM, Snaggletooth said:

Our you tryeng to gette Cleane bande to?  Hese gotte a youngue childe, helle neede accesse foure a fiew morre yeares.............                                 :)

it's spelled  bane

Link to post
Share on other sites

oops. 

Dad said I could take the boat out.  I put the engine on the back, right where it is supposed to go.

I'ts not my fault!

Link to post
Share on other sites

least we forget , the biggest parasite in Florida , HOA's 

they tell you the color to paint your condo/house, type and condition of car you can own, who you can married or who your wife is, The size and type of pet you can own, and you don't pay them for the right to live there, they'll take your house/condo.............from you!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

least we forget , the biggest parasite in Florida , HOA's 

they tell you the color to paint your condo/house, type and condition of car you can own, who you can married or who your wife is, The size and type of pet you can own, and you don't pay them for the right to live there, they'll take your house/condo.............from you!

Not limited to FL, but while the concept of a HOA is generally sound, the implementation is for the most part dreadful.   

We as a species can barely coexist with others of our elk.   Fences make better neighbors , fish and house guests, and all that.  No...  we fundamentally don't like each other for longer durations of time.

I hate HOA's.  

YMMV.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

least we forget , the biggest parasite in Florida , HOA's 

they tell you the color to paint your condo/house, type and condition of car you can own, who you can married or who your wife is, The size and type of pet you can own, and you don't pay them for the right to live there, they'll take your house/condo.............from you!

You read the agreement going in right? Why bitch now?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

You read the agreement going in right? Why bitch now?

When we were looking to buy here, anyplace with an HOA was immediately rejected, not only due to the loss of control over the home you own but those places are so BORING! 

We play golf at one course that's in a gated community.  Immediately upon entering you think you've gone color blind.  It's a beige, beige world.  And all the houses look the same.  It's like they have a xenophobia of the residential variety.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jules said:

When we were looking to buy here, anyplace with an HOA was immediately rejected, not only due to the loss of control over the home you own but those places are so BORING! 

We play golf at one course that's in a gated community.  Immediately upon entering you think you've gone color blind.  It's a beige, beige world.  And all the houses look the same.  It's like they have a xenophobia of the residential variety.   

You moved to PGI to avoid BORING?

Ummm... swing and a miss.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

You read the agreement going in right? Why bitch now?

how you doing with Arthur?

It was an off the hand bitch, some HOA are ok , some if you park on the white line you get a fine, I've been pretty luck so far , I mostly rent until  this year.

Actually the worst ,seem to be with a lot of snow birds, as they come down and want there paradise totally manicured, and everything perfect, The Jersey types are the worst, talk about Invasive  species, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

You moved to PGI to avoid BORING?

Ummm... swing and a miss.

Are you liking Allegiant "distancing" themselves from the Sunseeker build?

https://www.yoursun.com/charlotte/news/allegiant-starts-to-distance-itself-from-sunseeker/article_f331b984-9921-11ea-9c50-336252cd1c76.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a snarky letter ready to go to the editor, but I have to wait a month because I sent an even snarkier one to him the other day.  Here's the summary.

Murphy's Law and the cranes over 41.

Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps", exposed rebar in brackish environs.

A car was in the fence, who's going to fix the road markings?

With enough sea level rise, it'll be a great artificial reef.

And none of the commissioners got an opponent. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

how you doing with Arthur?

It was an off the hand bitch, some HOA are ok , some if you park on the white line you get a fine, I've been pretty luck so far , I mostly rent until  this year.

Actually the worst ,seem to be with a lot of snow birds, as they come down and want there paradise totally manicured, and everything perfect, The Jersey types are the worst, talk about Invasive  species, 

Ran into that way back in Coral Gables. 

Arthur was lotta rain, wind to 60 tho I only saw 40. Now that I'm boatless, I find I don't give a whole small rat's ass about tropical storms. Down to my kayak. Maybe that will be enough. I have FWB.

Jerseyites are disliked here in NC as well. Ran into a commercial diver, Catfish Something, traveled with a really heavy duty equipment truck. This guy was the real deal. Business card said: "Anything, Anywhere except New Jersey".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

how you doing with Arthur?

It was an off the hand bitch, some HOA are ok , some if you park on the white line you get a fine, I've been pretty luck so far , I mostly rent until  this year.

Actually the worst ,seem to be with a lot of snow birds, as they come down and want there paradise totally manicured, and everything perfect, The Jersey types are the worst, talk about Invasive  species, 

My brother has been living in NJ since the '80s.  He wasn't great to be around as a Pennsylvanian, but he's gotten downright intolerable after more than 30 years in New Jersey. 

Yes, he has owned several BMWs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Ran into that way back in Coral Gables. 

Arthur was lotta rain, wind to 60 tho I only saw 40. Now that I'm boatless, I find I don't give a whole small rat's ass about tropical storms. Down to my kayak. Maybe that will be enough. I have FWB.

Jerseyites are disliked here in NC as well. Ran into a commercial diver, Catfish Something, traveled with a really heavy duty equipment truck. This guy was the real deal. Business card said: "Anything, Anywhere except New Jersey".

 

got  into kayaking down here, saw a 10' gator and babies at Riverbend while kayaking, rather be with her ( gator) then most jerseyites at least you know where there ( gator) coming from and they most eat little dogs

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jules said:

When we were looking to buy here, anyplace with an HOA was immediately rejected, not only due to the loss of control over the home you own but those places are so BORING! 

We play golf at one course that's in a gated community.  Immediately upon entering you think you've gone color blind.  It's a beige, beige world.  And all the houses look the same.  It's like they have a xenophobia of the residential variety.   

My Bro just bought into one of those corporate gated subdivisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_FB9bwyp6M

Except they are all shit colored brown.

Link to post
Share on other sites