Don't MoveTo Florida

49 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Reportedly 2/3 of Florida residents came from somewhere else. If all the snowbirds just went home, the population density would drop, environmental stress on the everglades and Florida Bay would go down and seemingly all of the snowbirds could go back to being happy "back where they do things better".  

I suspect many of the survivors of Covid will start doing that when it's over.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In our more rural areas there are a lot of freely accessible groves, most of them with old trees and fruits. These have been outshadowed by modern "industrial" species and those are usually heavily sp

I'm reading Scott Turow's The Last Trial.  In it one of the main characters, a defense attorney (Stern), has to interview a witness for the prosecution who lives in Naples, FL. "In the last two d

Yeah this. We used to have 'free campers' coming and staying a day or 2 on private land outside our back gate and on a line to our access to the waterfront. One day we got a mouthful about going throu

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Reportedly 2/3 of Florida residents came from somewhere else. If all the snowbirds just went home, the population density would drop, environmental stress on the everglades and Florida Bay would go down and seemingly all of the snowbirds could go back to being happy "back where they do things better".  

well according to the last census,  there's only 4.5 mil over 64..  and 17 million under 64.... so the stupidity comes from the people hatched there..

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I suspect many of the survivors of Covid will start doing that when it's over.

Full timer neighbors across the street are working on that as we speak.  I've been working on my SO to do the same.  We were talking about taking a trip back to Chicago and I said, "I think if I went, I'd never come back here."

I used to think the few months of cold and snow in Chicago were enough of a reason to move south.  But compared to 6-8 months of +900 heat and humidity you can cut with a knife, I'd welcome the cold and snow.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Full timer neighbors across the street are working on that as we speak.  I've been working on my SO to do the same.  We were talking about taking a trip back to Chicago and I said, "I think if I went, I'd never come back here."

I used to think the few months of cold and snow in Chicago were enough of a reason to move south.  But compared to 6-8 months of +900 heat and humidity you can cut with a knife, I'd welcome the cold and snow.

Not to brag, but being a Chicago Transplant living in Denver, well, besides missing the H20, Winters here are crazy mild compared to Chitown.  No weeks of 0 degrees, snow basically melts in a couple days and if you miss it, you can always go into the mountains.  Sailing is surprisingly robust, You just have to travel a bit and loose the 40 footer.  Housing prices are 1/2 of Chicago and the people are decent.  I Listen to Chicago sports on the inets hate the broncos, love the Av's, so the bears are still my team and with Dtv, it's just like home.    Compared to Floridu, our politics are decent and our govt is handling this crisis better than most.  Not so bad... Not so bad...   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jules said:

ahhhhh, you'd miss your boat... 

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Joni sayes it bettere them me..........            :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Not to brag, but being a Chicago Transplant living in Denver, well, besides missing the H20, Winters here are crazy mild compared to Chitown.  No weeks of 0 degrees, snow basically melts in a couple days and if you miss it, you can always go into the mountains.  Sailing is surprisingly robust, You just have to travel a bit and loose the 40 footer.  Housing prices are 1/2 of Chicago and the people are decent.  I Listen to Chicago sports on the inets hate the broncos, love the Av's, so the bears are still my team and with Dtv, it's just like home.    Compared to Floridu, our politics are decent and our govt is handling this crisis better than most.  Not so bad... Not so bad...   

I'm starting to think St. George Utah or western Idaho for a new place to live. Seattle politics are waay outta control!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hobot said:

I'm starting to think St. George Utah or western Idaho for a new place to live. Seattle politics are waay outta control!

They our in protenste mode, blm is realley gotte the oute of sorttes...........                :)

17 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

They our in protenste mode, blm is realley gotte the oute of sorttes...........                :)

The Mayor is totally inefective AND the Seattle City Councils gone Crazy Leftist Rouge.

Seattle's seriously ill.

5 hours ago, shaggy said:

You were doing good until you said you love the Avs. 

4 hours ago, hobot said:

Western Idaho politics are really fucked up.

Ever hear of Hayden Lake?

Check with Amati about that whole region before you make that move.

14 hours ago, Jules said:

You're not snowbirding right. If you can afford to leave in summer, you do it.

Besides, it's 71 here right now, which is pretty survivable even for a Chicagoan.

41 minutes ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

Besides, it's 71 here right now, which is pretty survivable even for a Chicagoan.

THIS^^^^^^

Lots of folks ask me when I am going to retire and move to South Carolina, where our daughters are?   NOT going to happen!!  I love rural SE CT, and the sailing and everything else are great.  But we will GTFO of here January through March if possible, to visit them.  OTOH, when the  Grandchildren start arriving, Missus BB may have other ideas...

10 hours ago, dyslexic dog said:

You were doing good until you said you love the Avs. 

HA..  2 pts down with a game in hand in the west when it ended..  ...  hate the av's...  HA

Reason...  I came to CO b4 the av's got here.  became a fan, frankly it is the only pro sports franchise I follow here.  They showed up at the same time I migrated west....  I know the date exactly..  I rooted for the AV's against the Blackhawks on their first run... Hejduk jersey and all..  

Lets go..  

16 hours ago, shaggy said:

I went to college in Denver, SO in Bolder (10 years apart).  I loved it there.  And we've talked about Denver as a possibility.  Lots to think about...

16 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ahhhhh, you'd miss your boat... 

If we went back to Chicago, we'd have the greatest sailing body of water in the world - Lake Michigan.  And yes, I am prejudiced.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jules said:

I went to college in Denver, SO in Bolder (10 years apart).  I loved it there.  And we've talked about Denver as a possibility.  Lots to think about...

If we went back to Chicago, we'd have the greatest sailing body of water in the world - Lake Michigan.  And yes, I am prejudiced.

CSU, skid for em too..  Wifie is from Boulder, so ya..  Know a bit about the scene around here..  

3 hours ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

I'm not snowbirding at all.  I'm here year-round.  If we had the money, we'd do Chicago in the summers and problem solved. 

As for temperatures, the forecast for the next 10 days is highs being between 93 and 95.  The first four summers we were here it rarely hit 93. 

2 wks in the 90's here.  Good times with the MIL and all of us cooped up together.   Note to self....  Never ever buy an open concept house...  No where to hide....  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Jules said:

I'm not snowbirding at all.  I'm here year-round.  If we had the money, we'd do Chicago in the summers and problem solved. 

As for temperatures, the forecast for the next 10 days is highs being between 93 and 95.  The first four summers we were here it rarely hit 93. 

I guess everything's relative. After 30 bug-free, humidity-free, 70-80 degree Seattle summers, Chicago in the summer sounds like a nightmare to me. 

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Move to Canada Jules - you'd fit right in and probably be happier here. ;)

• Like 1

I’m in my 11th year of retirement.  My next abode will most likely be an urn in the back of a closet.  From the time I leave the house it is no more than 15-20 minutes until the boat is backing out of its slip.  Granddaughters are 90 minutes away and they are up here quite often as my son is getting them into sailing.  But there is the issue of January through March and even April can be iffy in terms of getting a boat ready to splash.

If I could afford it, and ignoring the desire to be close to the grandkids, I’d move to Vancouver in half a heartbeat.

Things are looking up.  COVID positives are up.   Deaths are up.  And real estate inventories are climbing. 

So if any of you normal (eg: no FOX or Trump fans) people want some cheap real estate, keep your eye on Florida!  And bring your youngins too.  Maybe they can breed out the elk.

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
8 hours ago, Jules said:

Move to Canada Jules - you'd fit right in and probably be happier here.

I've lived in Boulder. Not much sailing around there.

- DSK

20 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:
49 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Yeah but WW kayaking downtown is way cool.

True. Plus the hippie food wagons will bring you a hummus pita right down to the water.

While I was out there I did some climbing, but kayaking honestly was not on my radar

- DSK

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I remember our journeys to Boulder back in the early 70s.  We'd walk the streets where the bars are and burnouts would come up to you and say, "Got any spare change, man?"  My favorite response was, "There is no such thing as spare change, man."  Some of the looks I got were priceless.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yeah, but seeing all the body boards stationed along the great gorge,  it's no longer a sport I desire...  i like to be able to climb out of bed in the morning...

I used to take summers off when kids were small and kayak most of the good stuff in the Colo-Montana region. Always solo camping, biking, I even had a Subaru. One day I was checking out a very iffy run and my thought was, "wait a minute, I have kids now." That was the day I became a grown up. Just in time too, I was 50.  28 years ago. 

On 7/16/2020 at 2:43 PM, Innocent Bystander said:

Other the fact that you won't let her immigrate and the average house price of $1.7M Loonies.  

Isn't that like 70 'murican pesos? 

Hey, never heard that one before. That's really funny.

Have you heard the one about the English drinking warm beer because Lucas builds their refrigerators?

How about the one that FIAT stands for Fix It Again Tony?

Real thigh slappers aren't they.

Like Covid 19,  Floridians of all stripes can continue to ignore the pythons. Python don't care. Python don't scare. They eat, survive, reproduce and are on the way to a neighborhood near you. Climate change is also expanding their potential habitat, one incredibly hot day after another. My source tells me they prefer folks without masks: Easier to digest peeps without brains or backbones. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Like Covid 19,  Floridians of all stripes can continue to ignore the pythons. Python don't care. Python don't scare. They eat, survive, reproduce and are on the way to a neighborhood near you. Climate change is also expanding their potential habitat, one incredibly hot day after another. My source tells me they prefer folks without masks: Easier to digest peeps without brains or backbones. 

Pythons don't scare me - you have to be about 5 feet (or less) away from their heads for them to strike successfully.   Gators will chase you down.   It's the gators that will get you, not the pythons.

Here are some reticulated python strikes - retics are longer than the burmese pythons that infest Florida

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, slap said:

Gators will chase you down.   It's the gators that will get you,

Yeah but if you engage them in a tacking duel, you’ll win every time.  Just gotta be wary of death roll, it’s killer.

On 7/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I just leave this here.  

Dillonopen.com

Was in fort fun for 2 yrs b4 I discovered this btw.  

4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

On the “not all news is bad” front, some python extermination efforts are showing signs of success.  NPS has been trapping and radio tagging breeding size males and turning them loose again. Track them to breeding aggregations or to breeding females And remove females, eggs and a portion of the males. The remaining males are tagged and join the hunt. 

https://apple.news/AQ7VPl7z2Te-jek-KI-QmNg

In the last season, the program is credited with removing:

86 adult pythons 

5,000 pounds approximate combined weight 

53 reproductive females 

2,500 developing eggs

7 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Midnight Hobie cat sailing on boulder res in the moonlight 

Broke scout in Idaho spgs(threw a rod) got us going the back way down.  Went to Carter lake to camp...  low and behold saw tiny sign that said carter lake sail club...slam on brakes reverse..  ended up being the carter open.  10+ s20's bunch o stars couple j24's big phrf fleet..  valhala... ran the Jr program up there for a bunch o yrs.  The rest is history...:)

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

On the “not all news is bad” front, some python extermination efforts are showing signs of success.  NPS has been trapping and radio tagging breeding size males and turning them loose again. Track them to breeding aggregations or to breeding females And remove females, eggs and a portion of the males. The remaining males are tagged and join the hunt. 

https://apple.news/AQ7VPl7z2Te-jek-KI-QmNg

That is good news! I've talked myself into an almost real python terror scenario: I'm asleep at anchor up the Shark R in the everglades (one of my fav places on the planet), and a python climbs onboard. My only protection is the velcro'd mosquito netting.

And "scene."

On July 4, 2020 at 7:20 AM, Jules said:

An article in the paper the other day said three people from Florida went to NY and failed to self-quarantine for 14 days.  All were COVID positive.  Apparently they were told they MUST self-quarantine as a condition for entering NY state.  

One immunologist estimated actual COVID positive numbers are 20 times what is being reported.  Maybe Florida wants to become the herd immunity state. 

Florida has a history of doing its own thing.  After the Volstead Act was passed, FL completely ignored it.  In fact, when the US Coast Guard gunned down a rum runner off the coast of Miami, the Miami DA filed murder charges against the CG officials involved in the killing.     

Don't trust the numbers coming out of Florida 300 testing sites are reporting  %100  positive when the actual number is less than %7. It's politics.

• Downvote 1
On 7/19/2020 at 7:19 PM, Not for nothing said:

today a little break from bad florida, kayaked the lost river stuart,

Quiet , peaceful, scenic:

Halpatiokee Regional Park | Stuart | Florida Hikes!

Just make sure you avoid those little black swarms.  No need to ask me how I know.

6 hours ago, roaming_wayne said:

Don't trust the numbers coming out of Florida 300 testing sites are reporting  %100  positive when the actual number is less than %7. It's politics.

sure and i'll trust some random internet who surely has insider knowledge after working with the deep state and qanon..

Massacre in Frostproof

“The only conflict we see is this: ‘Where’s my truck? I heard you sold the engine out of my truck,’” Sheriff Judd said. “And for that, this guy massacres three young men — 23, 27 and 30 — on their way fishing Friday night, near Frostproof. It’s gut-wrenching. This is evil in the flesh.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/us/florida-fishing-murders-arrest.html?searchResultPosition=1

I really can't think of anything worse than night fishing in Florida must be...  

Mosquitoes would be doing the massacres.

8 hours ago, Bugsy said:

Massacre in Frostproof

“The only conflict we see is this: ‘Where’s my truck? I heard you sold the engine out of my truck,’” Sheriff Judd said. “And for that, this guy massacres three young men — 23, 27 and 30 — on their way fishing Friday night, near Frostproof. It’s gut-wrenching. This is evil in the flesh.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/us/florida-fishing-murders-arrest.html?searchResultPosition=1

The sheriff said so many tips about the killings had flooded into the department that a call center had to bring on extra help. Many of the callers had urged the authorities to investigate Mr. Wiggins, who was well known in Frostproof for being quick to resort to violence, Sheriff Judd said.

“The predominant information we got was, ‘Look at TJ Wiggins from Frostproof,’” Sheriff Judd said. “It’s not that they had any idea that he did it. But this guy is just mean.”

Looking at the pics of all involved one has to read the captions to determine who was perp and who was victim.

From outward appearances they look interchangeable.

28 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Looking at the pics of all involved one has to read the captions to determine who was perp and who was victim.

From outward appearances they look interchangeable.

Bit easier with photos taken after the event...

TJ Wiggins of Frostproof, FL also refused to wear a mask when captured:

image.jpeg.ba6f5cfc2a0633897c8d526de7aab4f9.jpeg

Pictured here before the beatdown and chokehold, leaning against engineless Ford truck. Wiggins' father PJ said "I al'ays knew he shore loved that truck."

20 hours ago, Windward said:

Forget the mosquitoes.  Worry about the no-see-ums.  They swarm and can hit you several times.  And their bites itch worse than mosquitoes.   

3 hours ago, Jules said:

Forget the mosquitoes.  Worry about the no-see-ums.  They swarm and can hit you several times.  And their bites itch worse than mosquitoes.   

And a lot of skeeter spray doesn't seem to bother noseeums. But all the spray in the world won't affect the gators and pythons. 

It would take a huge python to swallow you. I'd rather be dead before that happens.

On 7/23/2020 at 4:47 PM, Windward said:

Many years ago my day took me fishing in the glades, arriving around 4 AM.

He always rolled up newspaper in a tight roll and tied a string around it. He would light it when we got to our fishing spot. If you stayed  downwind, in the smoke, the bugs stayed away. Worked every time.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:29 PM, Blue Crab said:

And a lot of skeeter spray doesn't seem to bother noseeums.

Back in the early 90s, we came down to Florida to visit my dad, who lived near North Palm Beach.   Our original plan was to take his boat to the Bahamas but the weather wasn't cooperating,  So we cruised up the ICW to Peck Lake to anchor overnight and take in the area.  My oldest son and I dropped the dinghy in the water and motored to a mangrove area.  He loved to look for interesting sea life hiding in the mangrove roots.

As the depth decreased, I pulled up the motor and dropped the oars and began rowing closer to shore.  Then I saw this black swarm ahead.  In Chicago this would be harmless, but annoying, gnats.  I didn't know any better.  So I kept rowing.  Suddenly my son and I are being eaten alive.  We're swatting them like mad but we were seriously losing the battle.

I scrambled to row out of there and the swarm followed, biting the shit out of us.  Once I get into deep enough water, I dropped the motor, frantically started the motor and hauled ass out of there as fast as that motor would carry us.  I thought that was the end of the no-see-ums.

As dusk came, so did the no-see-ums.  We hid inside the boat under mosquito netting, not small enough to stop the no-see-ums.  It was a miserable night.

Next morning I come up top and see my dad sleeping on a bench seat.  When he lifted his head, I could see red dots all over the white pillowcase.  "I was serving up dinner for the no-see-ums," he explained.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Back in the early 90s, we came down to Florida to visit my dad, who lived near North Palm Beach.   Our original plan was to take his boat to the Bahamas but the weather wasn't cooperating,  So we cruised up the ICW to Peck Lake to anchor overnight and take in the area.  My oldest son and I dropped the dinghy in the water and motored to a mangrove area.  He loved to look for interesting sea life hiding in the mangrove roots.

As the depth decreased, I pulled up the motor and dropped the oars and began rowing closer to shore.  Then I saw this black swarm ahead.  In Chicago this would be harmless, but annoying, gnats.  I didn't know any better.  So I kept rowing.  Suddenly my son and I are being eaten alive.  We're swatting them like mad but we were seriously losing the battle.

I scrambled to row out of there and the swarm followed, biting the shit out of us.  Once I get into deep enough water, I dropped the motor, frantically started the motor and hauled ass out of there as fast as that motor would carry us.  I thought that was the end of the no-see-ums.

As dusk came, so did the no-see-ums.  We hid inside the boat under mosquito netting, not small enough to stop the no-see-ums.  It was a miserable night.

Next morning I come up top and see my dad sleeping on a bench seat.  When he lifted his head, I could see red dots all over the white pillowcase.  "I was serving up dinner for the no-see-ums," he explained.

came into my brother's mooring behind watch hill RI  up the river... everything's fine until we hit the shore in the dinghy...  a cloud rose up from the water... billions and billions of mosquitos..  we threw all the shit out of the boat and ran out of there...  this was after labor day...   never seen so many squeeter's in my life..

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

came into my brother's mooring behind watch hill RI  up the river... everything's fine until we hit the shore in the dinghy...  a cloud rose up from the water... billions and billions of mosquitos..  we threw all the shit out of the boat and ran out of there...  this was after labor day...   never seen so many squeeter's in my life..

Times like this we never forget.

Ack.    This thread is giving me the heebejeebies.   

Perhaps I won’t move to FL after all.  

8 hours ago, Windward said:

Perhaps I won’t move to FL after all.

Why not?  You can still do pretty much do what you want without the mask police bothering you.  So you might catch COVID and die.  At least you will be too drunk to know it.

22 hours ago, Jules said:

Lake bluff beach..  Black flies owned that place...  Hated bringing team down there from Waukegan as we had to unload boats etc in that black fly hell hole.   As soon as the coach boat was in I was 100yds off shore...  

3 hours ago, shaggy said:

Lake bluff beach..  Black flies owned that place...  Hated bringing team down there from Waukegan as we had to unload boats etc in that black fly hell hole.   As soon as the coach boat was in I was 100yds off shore...  

And they bite hard.  But at least you can see them.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

And they bite hard.  But at least you can see them.

You can generally feel them land with a thud. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Windward said:

Light air laser/sunfish races were fun..  The thud of the tiller extension wacking them was "the music of the light" on lake Michigan....  The blood on the deck ran like wine....    :P

2 hours ago, Windward said:

43 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Light air laser/sunfish races were fun..  The thud of the tiller extension wacking them was "the music of the light" on lake Michigan....  The blood on the deck ran like wine....    :P

In the early days of sailing, we got downwind of one of the pump stations off Monroe harbor.  Last time that ever happened.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:52 PM, Jules said:

I was driving south on my way to Key West one early September long ago. Decided to spend the night at Sebastian Inlet to try to catch some morning waves. Having seen pics of Daytona Beach I assumed you could drive on the beach everywhere down there on the east coast.

It's about 11:00 PM, still easily in the 90s and I'm stuck axle deep in soft sand in my van. I discovered the no see ums when I got out to try to dig myself out and managed to let most of them into the van before shutting the doors and windows.  No window screens, just a mattress and a 3 season sleeping bag inside.

That was a long, hot, sweaty, itchy night. The park ranger that caught me the next day was sympathetic at my spotted swollen face and towed me off the beach for free though, so at least one good thing came of it.

• Like 1

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article244514157.html

At least 17 anesthesiologist residents and a fellow at one of the premier university hospital systems in Florida contracted COVID-19 earlier this month after attending a private party together, according to hospital insiders and internal documents.

The outbreak at University of Florida Health occurred after a party at a private home, according to people familiar with the situation. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they said UF Health prohibits employees from speaking to reporters without authorization.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:06 AM, Jules said:

PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - Punta Gorda police said they had to investigate their first hate crime in 10 years on Tuesday, when a clear act of racism was caught on video. 

Katrina M. and her cousin Leiya R. went to pick mangoes from a neighborhood tree on Hibiscus Drive — the owners of the home were fine with the duo taking their mangoes, but Donald Mueller thought they were stealing.

Uh, oh...

Man charged in mango dispute now taken to civil court

A man accused of spitting and making racially biased comments against women picking mangoes in Punta Gorda Isles is now being sued in civil court.

Donald Mueller, 73, was arrested on June 23, charged with two counts of burglary with assault or battery, after the argument with the two women, Katrina Montonaro and Leiya Rey.

According to the police report, Montonaro, a White woman, had stopped to gather mangoes on Hibiscus Drive with her cousin Rey, a Black woman.  Mueller believed the two were stealing mangoes from his neighbor, though Montonaro claimed she had gotten permission from the homeowner in the past.

MangoMueller.jpg.d3e6811b89df40bd6dd00bcf0b737e78.jpg

He came up to their vehicle and reportedly said, “If I see this truck again, I am going to pump you full with bullet holes.”

He also called the women “stupid, thieving bastard” and stated, “You know why Black lives don’t matter, because you Black people keep...”

Before walking away, he spat on the women — once directly and a second time when it was unclear where his saliva landed, according to the police report.

The Punta Gorda Police Department charged Mueller with two counts of burglary with battery and initially reported the incident as a hate crime, but on Thursday, Lt. Dylan Renz told the Sun it did not actually qualify as one.

“The SAO (State Attorney’s Office) reviewed this and determined that it did not qualify as a hate crime,” Renz said. “Our understanding is that based on case law, although there is clearly evidence of racial bias, there is no evidence that the racial bias was the cause of the crime. Basically, the disturbance was caused because he believed someone was stealing mangoes and not because of bias. The bias only came out after the disturbance had begun.”

Samantha Syoen, spokesperson for the State Attorney’s Office, said earlier in the week the case is under review. Mueller’s arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 10.

The civil lawsuit was filed by Montonaro and asks for damages in excess of $30,000 for intentional infliction of emotional distress and battery.

Rey is not a plaintiff in the suit, though her presence is noted. The lawsuit stated Montonaro was in the driver’s seat of the vehicle, though the police report says she was in the passenger’s seat, and the video filmed by Rey appears to be taken from the driver’s seat.

The suit states Mueller’s conduct was “outrageous” and goes “beyond all bounds of decency,” stating he knew or should have known his behavior would result in emotional distress.

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

Really?

“Florida man arrested, charged with murder after fatally shooting Burger King worker over drive-thru delay, police say”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-man-arrested-charged-murder-012845094.html

Update. Killer, not wearing a mask, was caught on videotape eating fries just moments later.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Really?

“Florida man arrested, charged with murder after fatally shooting Burger King worker over drive-thru delay, police say”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-man-arrested-charged-murder-012845094.html

Why doesn't the news picture him as a convicted fellon that he is? Instead, it goes "Florida man"...

13 minutes ago, Trovão said:

Why doesn't the news picture him as a convicted fellon that he is? Instead, it goes "Florida man"...

Search optimization.  Felon doesn't get the clicks.  Florida man does.

• Like 1