Jump to content

Warning to all my fellow sailors! SELL


Recommended Posts

On 3/2/2020 at 11:13 AM, d'ranger said:

Good friend (lifelong Republican preTrump) said by getting out of the market last week he has saved $80k.

That is the real issue with the Stock Market. A few crazies go on a selling spree and bam most get fucked because they are busy working.

It really makes me feel they should a penny tax on trades. After all, when  businesses buy or sell anything legally, they have to pay tax.

All those micro trades that are made from the hard wired big houses stack the odds in their favor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Michigan made >50 person gatherings illegal but exempted religious services.  I was thinking it was a great way to ensure that all the devout thumpers get the sacrament of the covid.

Warren Buffett says that the stock market is the transference of money from the impatient to patient.  It will be interesting to see if he is right this time.  He may be.

Interesting day on our market today. Down over 7.5% at one stage but finished 4.4% up!!! That's an intraday turnaround of more than 12%. Haven't seen that since the depths of the GFC. Lots of closing

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Sure but those are the known unknowns. 

It's the unknown unknowns that bite you in the ass every time.

Is anyone at the helm ?

known unknowns.=10yr bond closed under 1%20200303 10 year Treasuries since 1900

unknown unknowns   =Black swan ,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gumbercules said:

That is the real issue with the Stock Market. A few crazies go on a selling spree and bam most get fucked because they are busy working.

It really makes me feel they should a penny tax on trades. After all, when  businesses buy or sell anything legally, they have to pay tax.

All those micro trades that are made from the hard wired big houses stack the odds in their favor.

I agree - in my friends case his portfolio is handled by another good friend (we all sail) but said friend is hoping to retire next year and didn't want to risk taking a big hit so cashed out over the objections of his guy. He is a long term investor but this case is different.

edit: One of Warren's plans does put a small tax on trades.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The market is so rigged , when are these people going to stop lying to us? and we're suppose to be a christain nation , so who benefits from all the Bullshit, 

The avg working man or the rich CEO's how much money do you need to steal to make your life better

The market tanks so the feds cut more rates WTF:

The U.S. Federal Reserve’s emergency 50 basis point rate cut on Tuesday was not driven by last week’s market capitulation, but it was taken into account, Cleveland Federal Reserve President Loretta Mester told CNBC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

what does "getting out of the market" imply?

- DSK

In this case apparently it means selling at a loss on the basis of irrational fear and thinking bank balances are useful objects in the face of the global pandemic of mild symptoms..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Liquidity, what the fucks liquidity, says supergenius.

Liquidity means assets that are readily available for use.  It's not the same as cash flow.  Of course, you should have some of your assets in an easily accessible form in the event of a decrease in cash flow.

The question then is how much liquidity do you need?  How much do you have in reserve for some unplanned demand.  You also need to consider what advantage liquidity provides.

What if there are no goods on the shelves? I guess all that paper money is good for toilet paper.  If this is the Shit hits the fan scenario that threatens me with hordes walking over from Fart Lauderdale or Miami to steal my bunnies then the cash isn't worth much.

The bank balance is equally meaningless since I wouldn't take a debit card to feed you.

On the other hand, if what you have invested is something you wish to draw on in the future or use to generate current income, it doesn't make any sense to sell the investment vehicle at a loss and then come back into the market trying to catch up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

zombie apocalypse, oh its here... in PA....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, garuda3 said:

The market is so rigged , when are these people going to stop lying to us? and we're suppose to be a christain nation , so who benefits from all the Bullshit, 

The avg working man or the rich CEO's how much money do you need to steal to make your life better

The market tanks so the feds cut more rates WTF:

The U.S. Federal Reserve’s emergency 50 basis point rate cut on Tuesday was not driven by last week’s market capitulation, but it was taken into account, Cleveland Federal Reserve President Loretta Mester told CNBC.

 

I have felt that way for years.....   Only thing we have in the market is our puny retirement from our jobs, most of which we liquidated last year to buy a house.  OTOH, rental property income is pretty steady, except for a few who are having difficulty paying their rents, which is the worst that's been, in 30+ years a Landlord.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, d'ranger said:

I agree - in my friends case his portfolio is handled by another good friend (we all sail) but said friend is hoping to retire next year and didn't want to risk taking a big hit so cashed out over the objections of his guy. He is a long term investor but this case is different.

edit: One of Warren's plans does put a small tax on trades.

I only think Hard Wired Companies should be taxed, they have an advantage and use algorithms to run micro trades. Pennies add up big when you look at in in the millions per day.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 4:36 AM, Grrr... said:

Shhhh.  Don't tell him that pensions often go away.  Two very large companies that I worked for have both declared bankruptcy and wiped out their pension obligations.  Even the government has removed pensions.

Yeah, with companies & the like that does happen, on the other hand as long new crops of fresh faced young folk decide to become Ironworkers, I should be okay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Liquidity, what the fucks liquidity, says supergenius.

M1?

What ever happened to dollar averaging? I never try to time the market...except when it shat the bed to 6,xxx and I went all in. I figured 'fuck it'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

Enron was a Perfect example of this. Buying up local energy and utility companies and taking over their pension funds, converting them to Enron stock.

When they went belly up, Folks  that worked 20-30 years for a local company  found they now had zero retirement and found themselves  in their 60’s suddenly with no savings and worthless Enron shares. Criminal.

The only way to avoid that is those evil, commie, lefty regulations. :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

Enron was a Perfect example of this. Buying up local energy and utility companies and taking over their pension funds, converting them to Enron stock.

When they went belly up, Folks  that worked 20-30 years for a local company  found they now had zero retirement and found themselves  in their 60’s suddenly with no savings and worthless Enron shares. Criminal. 

You work in a company and that’s enough of an investment there. Diversify and try to have at least some other investments that are outside of that company and same industry.

 

 

Not always possible, given current fashion that demands you hold a certain amount of stock in your company to incentivize better work product, and enhance shareholder value.  Diversification is nice, but a pipe dream for many, especially with set sell windows and very specific rules about how much company stock you are required to hold to meet your pay package obligations.  Makes retirement kind of um, interesting, B)  what with mandatory age ceilings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

dividend funds still going up

And down, and up again!  (In places, at least) Although those checks r  tre cool, no?  Flight to safety is an emotional rollercoaster. Ja sure...

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Yes not everything is always possible.. And yes forgot to mention these folks had selling restrictions so just had to sit and watch their balances which took decades to build dissolve away to nothing   

A topic close to my heart and wallet - the end was post 9/11 and Enron had fooled a lot of people with "success" including Arthur Anderson.  This should be required reading anytime the subject of deregulating industry comes up. A lot of good people got caught up and went down with the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

A topic close to my heart and wallet - the end was post 9/11 and Enron had fooled a lot of people with "success" including Arthur Anderson.  This should be required reading anytime the subject of deregulating industry comes up. A lot of good people got caught up and went down with the ship.

Money in the stock market can be like fairy dust, what with money heaven and all.  :mellow:  But with the fed knocking down interest rates, whats anyone going to do?  It’s also easy to forget that even REITs were on the Republican chopping block a few years back, so God only knows what’s in the dark recesses of the right’s mind these days.  I sometimes wonder if anyone in Trump’s cabinet has it in for dividend stocks in general. With all the intentionally gleeful obfuscation going on, trust is a concept that grows smaller and smaller.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me if I'm right /WRONG, The market seems to want to go down for a lot of reasons , but the Feds/major banks under trumps direction lowers rates so the market looks good to get reelected, So what happens when the trump fed runs out of ammo.and we get negative interest rates? you'll have to pay the banks to keep your money there?        Amati said best "Money in the stock market can be like fairy dust," I hear all the time hear in Jupiter ( yes the planet) I made 50,000 to today as the market was up 1,000 pts,    so I say to you sell ? "well no it's going higher" so if you didn't sell you made nothing!

For us avg sailors : I had a choice : buy a .5oz chute or enron  stock , I won the ALIR race with the chute , so I guess you can say I won in many ways!

The stock market is not the economy! I still feel the market will be cut 1/2 at the end of this year, why?if Trump wins he'll stop playing the game , if the Dems win they will inherit his mess, much like 2008 Bush to Obama, at least Obama had some ammo left , the next potus won't have that luxury

repeat after me like in the wizard of OZ ' TOO BIG TO FAIL <TOO BIG TO FAIL <TOO BIG TO FAIL <TOO BIG TO FAIL <TOO BIG TO FAIL <

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

 

Correct Trump has zero idea or knowledge of macro economics and interest rate affects and has often claimed and believes the stock market equals GNP.  The sadder fact is all of the minions who know better agree with him and wont tell the emperor he has no clothes.  This emperor wouldn't agree with them anyway even if it was true. He has a sickness. I completely understand how such an amoral asshole can ascend to the presidency, but I still cannot get over how such an ignoramus can. Its mind boggling. But the electorate gets the leadership they deserve.      

Congrats on your ALIR win its like being the tallest dwarf in the parade!  

Agree with your Drump thing, wonder how may sudfeds it takes to get that body moving: They have to be doing some good shit at the WH: Wall Street wants more than Fed rate cuts to deal with the coronavirus scare! “The Fed’s stimulus doesn’t fix broken supply chains or persuade people who are worried about being exposed to the virus to leave their homes,” PGIM’s Nathan Sheets wrote. from cnbc

About the ALIR, had a J-35 on my stern from montauk down LIS, did a peel change from the 3/4 chute to the 1/2 oz. and walked away from him,hit the Conn. side and kept moving finishing that night, the next boat finished ( our division ) was 2 hours behind us , Took 2nd overall TOT, to bigger boats and crews, LOL, Like I said best investment I ever made!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

One of the J35s is often rules challenged. Maybe he turned off his motor.    

LMAO, didn't think they could motor that fast,

Lets get away from real life and talk about the Ponzi market,

Link to post
Share on other sites

FLOCK OF BLACK SWANS=, Debt level, negative interest rates, inverted yeild curve ,oil price dwn 30% people working form home, cruise ships not allowed to dock, massive repro, QE, bailouts of corparate america, people stop believing faux news ,= depression , let's see trump tweet his way out of this

Trump will leave office on 4/23/2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

FLOCK OF BLACK SWANS=, Debt level, negative interest rates, inverted yeild curve ,oil price dwn 30% people working form home, cruise ships not allowed to dock, massive repro, QE, bailouts of corparate america, people stop believing faux news ,= depression , let's see trump tweet his way out of this

Trump will leave office on 4/23/2020

Which meteorite do you track?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garuda3 said:

FLOCK OF BLACK SWANS=, Debt level, negative interest rates, inverted yeild curve ,oil price dwn 30% people working form home, cruise ships not allowed to dock, massive repro, QE, bailouts of corparate america, people stop believing faux news ,= depression , let's see trump tweet his way out of this

Trump will leave office on 4/23/2020

Oil down almost 50% since 6 January actually. The oil price war between the Ruskies and the Saudis is not likely to be pretty. Central banks will be shitting themselves big time atm I reckon. Aussie ASX200 down 7.3% today on the close. Energy index down 20%. Haven't looked at Asian markets yet, nor Europe nor US Futures. Will not be pretty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Oil down almost 50% since 6 January

I guess the price of gas in Vancouver will go down a couple of cents per liter in a month or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ishmael said:
8 hours ago, garuda3 said:

FLOCK OF BLACK SWANS=, Debt level, negative interest rates, inverted yeild curve ,oil price dwn 30% people working form home, cruise ships not allowed to dock, massive repro, QE, bailouts of corparate america, people stop believing faux news ,= depression , let's see trump tweet his way out of this

Trump will leave office on 4/23/2020

Which meteorite do you track?

Ouch.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, garuda3 said:

In 2006 Ludlow said we're in a goldilocks economy , and then !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today: Trumps $$$$$ guy; Larry Kudlow says US has contained the coronavirus and the economy is holding up nicely as the market down another 800 pts 

warning signs : Inverted curve, Repro , QE, Feds printing $$$$$$$$$$$$ fake record highs on the market, 

Just my thought for the day! I sold monday morning as I did in 2006. 

I felt so smug beating EVERY stock fund during the Bush2 administration: I sold after his inauguration speech, saying yo myself, "That sure as hell won't work!" I was right then.

Now I feel like a dope for not selling awhile ago. Market just closed at 21200, falling 2352 today.

You had it right this time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This market is only a problem if your not in it for the long run.

This is a good buying opportunity of discounted quality business's. 

People that panic and dump will certainly loose a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Buffet has said that the stock market is a mechanism for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.

Just ignore the market - it will come back.

It always does.

image.thumb.png.afd141eac5f45eb5d3384833c34f1297.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting day on our market today. Down over 7.5% at one stage but finished 4.4% up!!! That's an intraday turnaround of more than 12%. Haven't seen that since the depths of the GFC. Lots of closing out of shorts causing lack of sellers and the shorts having to bid the stocks up to close out the shorts. Hope lots of the short traders got burned. Serve them right.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 3:26 PM, SloopJonB said:

Ask him again how he did when the rebound comes.

He didn't save $80K - he sold before he lost $80K more.

I haven't touched a thing and I haven't lost a penny.

Your kinda right and wrong, you can't time the market as the big guys trade in milliseconds, your statement you haven't lost a cent , interesting,  I think : when you buy into the market you lose your money, and when you sell you make your money back ( more or less),  what happens between the two is a jagged line on a chart or a number on the computer,

another interesting fact, if you buy a car for 10K , or 10k in the market for 5 years, and wait to buy the car, so you take the money out of the market worth 20k and go buy a car , what's is the price of the car 20K, ( due to inflation ) so really you didn't make a dime.

I said a to a rich old friend, Who said the same thing you said "the market aways comes back" , "\So I said "what if your not around when it does!"

I see more and more Boomers "sailing away," and all you see is the children/relatives /wives fighting over their money wtf!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, albanyguy said:

Interesting day on our market today. Down over 7.5% at one stage but finished 4.4% up!!! That's an intraday turnaround of more than 12%. Haven't seen that since the depths of the GFC. Lots of closing out of shorts causing lack of sellers and the shorts having to bid the stocks up to close out the shorts. Hope lots of the short traders got burned. Serve them right.

Shorting should be illegal.

It serves no purpose other than pure gambling - it's symptomatic of everything that is wrong with the stock market.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, garuda3 said:

another interesting fact, if you buy a car for 10K , or 10k in the market for 5 years, and wait to buy the car, so you take the money out of the market worth 20k and go buy a car , what's is the price of the car 20K, ( due to inflation ) so really you didn't make a dime.

Nice theory but it requires a 20% inflation rate to actually happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Shorting should be illegal.

It serves no purpose other than pure gambling - it's symptomatic of everything that is wrong with the stock market.

That is ridiculous. Us shorts are the only ones buying in a freefall. Also they are only ones skeptical of the creative accounting at many corporations.

In my opinion the 'circuit breaker' BS should apply to both ups and downs, too.

"Pure gambling" is fundamental to the markets. Is there any other way?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Nice theory but it requires a 20% inflation rate to actually happen.

here we go again I agree and disagree, In the past , some years inflation ran up to 9% to as high as 14% (late 70's) so we're back to the timing thing ,

probable the car thing wasn't the best example, probably should have used something else. Interesting I've made money on the market, houses , and if I still had them some old cars.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garuda3 said:

here we go again I agree and disagree, In the past , some years inflation ran up to 9% to as high as 14% (late 70's) so we're back to the timing thing ,

probable the car thing wasn't the best example, probably should have used something else. Interesting I've made money on the market, houses , and if I still had them some old cars.  

Isn't capitalism wonderful and useful tool....... well done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Boracho said:

That is ridiculous. Us shorts are the only ones buying in a freefall.

So you're the ones feeding the fall - no buyers, no fall.

"Pure gambling" is fundamental to the markets. Is there any other way?

Yeah - "investing" - you can look it up.

There are casinos for gamblers. The stock market should be strictly for investors.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garuda3 said:

here we go again I agree and disagree, In the past , some years inflation ran up to 9% to as high as 14% (late 70's) so we're back to the timing thing ,

probable the car thing wasn't the best example, probably should have used something else. Interesting I've made money on the market, houses , and if I still had them some old cars.  

I know all about inflation - I wuz there. My first mortgage was 13.5%

Obviously to make money investments have to exceed costs and inflation - that's a given but you make it sound almost like it can't be done.

Hell, I've even made money restoring old boats. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, Sloop, you are mistaken:

I very recently bought stock, this week, because this is what any wise shopper would recognize as a "Blowout Sale." And I am set up to buy more soon.

Those feeding the fall are the sellers bailing out of their "respectable" long positions.

What you call gambling can also be considered a very fair and accurate way of setting a price at which buyers and sellers agree. Nobody have ever proposed a reasonable better method. The rice farmer timing his market day, or selling short at planting time, is gambling, etc.

We can be sure the short sellers are stabilizing the market as they now close the previous deals they made with the willing longs they were betting against. It is how it works. If it were made illegal (like rice trading) it would simply move underground.

My eye toward 'investing' is to only trade in companies I judge to have so morals and smarts. Entirely 'long' too today.

Thought you had a banking background???

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Boracho said:

We can be sure the short sellers are stabilizing the market as they now close the previous deals they made with the willing longs they were betting against. It is how it works. If it were made illegal (like rice trading) it would simply move underground

You seem to be a bit confused between shorting and futures contracts.

But you're right, I agree - shorting, derivatives, default swaps, gold futures contract options and other such paper are good things and do nothing but stabilize the economy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

But you're right, I agree - shorting, derivatives, default swaps, gold futures contract options and other such paper are good things and do nothing but stabilize the economy.

Was that supposed to be in purple font? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was assumed.

"You're right, I agree" is a great way to end an argument while still getting the last word and pissing off the other guy.

Sometimes it has to be repeated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, albanyguy said:
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Shorting should be illegal.

It serves no purpose other than pure gambling - it's symptomatic of everything that is wrong with the stock market.

Agreed 100%

Nah, should just be taxed at a higher rate.

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keith said:

Isn't capitalism wonderful and useful tool....... well done. 

Never been called a capitalist before , that one for the history books LMAO, most people that know me think I'm a liberal/ socialist.I do think you guys up north have the shit together in many ways, at least you don't have a retard running your country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

Flat tax for all, if you make a dollar then 10 cents goes to taxes NO DEDUCTIONS!

A flat tax is the most regressive possible. Aside from that, ten percent won't pay for the government we have come to expect.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You seem to be a bit confused between shorting and futures contracts.

But you're right, I agree - shorting, derivatives, default swaps, gold futures contract options and other such paper are good things and do nothing but stabilize the economy.

Not confused at all. You don’t understand the necessary symmetry of trading one thing of value for another in which it arises.

Not any different than a futures contract on that farmer’s rice. He is gambling he can deliver the rice at harvest time. If his crop fails he is screwed. Just like a short seller.

And most importantly, short sellers are the only ones buying from the panic sellers in a crash. Seems like a good thing for the markets to me. As well as the shorts being the ones scrutinizing the balance sheets looking for cover ups by the real scoundrels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

So, what is YOUR solution? 

How fucking many times do I have to tell you and the other right wingers?

A progressive tax system with many more brackets rising to a very high rate on extreme levels of income.

I said this more times than I can count - get it through your fucking head and don't ask again.

If you do I'll only respond with insults.

Jeezuss!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

US Federal Reserve has announced an emergency cut of 1% to the Fed rate to 0%. Our market has tanked on open again this morning. Down 7%.

Thanks Drump for your fantastic response to this crisis. Our market now down 28% from mid January.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started this talking about the worlds best and greatest money guy Larry Kudlow, well I have to thank him for providing me right ,................................................................................................................................................................................................................As per CNBC                                                   .."Hope You Didn’t Take The Trump Administration’s Stock-Buying AdviceWith a coronavirus sell-off, the Dow Jones has fallen 26% since Larry Kudlow said investors should consider jumping into the market". It's interesting that many of the GOP senators where selling , while Drump, Kudlow, Burr.......list keeps growing, saying to buy as this will be over in a week or so WTF

The republicans in office don''t give a shit about america or it's people, all the care about is the big corparate $$$$$$$$$$$$'s                                               Any one who votes GOP in the next election is a idiot

Goldman Sachs Predicts ‘Unprecedented’ 24% Drop In U.S. GDP Next Quarter The last time we had a negative GDP was 1958, Now under Drump we'll break that record, I guess it's hillary's fault

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Privileged Few knew about a potential pandemic in January. The Dow hit an all time high on Feb 19. Must be nice (if you don’t get caught).

 

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen,” the Washington Post reports.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, garuda3 said:

I started this talking about the worlds best and greatest money guy Larry Kudlow, well I have to thank him for providing me right ,................................................................................................................................................................................................................As per CNBC                                                   .."Hope You Didn’t Take The Trump Administration’s Stock-Buying AdviceWith a coronavirus sell-off, the Dow Jones has fallen 26% since Larry Kudlow said investors should consider jumping into the market". It's interesting that many of the GOP senators where selling , while Drump, Kudlow, Burr.......list keeps growing, saying to buy as this will be over in a week or so WTF

The republicans in office don''t give a shit about america or it's people, all the care about is the big corparate $$$$$$$$$$$$'s                                               Any one who votes GOP in the next election is a idiot

Goldman Sachs Predicts ‘Unprecedented’ 24% Drop In U.S. GDP Next Quarter The last time we had a negative GDP was 1958, Now under Drump we'll break that record, I guess it's hillary's fault

 

Of course it is Hillary’s fault.  She used emails. BENGHAZI!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, Sean said:

 

What an asshole -

 

 

And then he immediately fucked it up.  It’s what he does.  And we’ve got him (at least) until January.  Maybe more!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Amati said:

And then he immediately fucked it up.  It’s what he does.  And we’ve got him (at least) until January.  Maybe more!  

How did he fuck it up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, garuda3 said:

I started this talking about the worlds best and greatest money guy Larry Kudlow, well I have to thank him for providing me right ,................................................................................................................................................................................................................As per CNBC                                                   .."Hope You Didn’t Take The Trump Administration’s Stock-Buying AdviceWith a coronavirus sell-off, the Dow Jones has fallen 26% since Larry Kudlow said investors should consider jumping into the market". It's interesting that many of the GOP senators where selling , while Drump, Kudlow, Burr.......list keeps growing, saying to buy as this will be over in a week or so WTF

The republicans in office don''t give a shit about america or it's people, all the care about is the big corparate $$$$$$$$$$$$'s                                               Any one who votes GOP in the next election is a idiot

Goldman Sachs Predicts ‘Unprecedented’ 24% Drop In U.S. GDP Next Quarter The last time we had a negative GDP was 1958, Now under Drump we'll break that record, I guess it's hillary's fault

 

How does Kudlow's advice to jump into the market equate to him not giving a shit about America or its people?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jzk said:

How does Kudlow's advice to jump into the market equate to him not giving a shit about America or its people?

cause he knew it was about to go into freefall and his advice was only to prop the market up in time for him to sell his own shit off?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jzk said:

How did he fuck it up?  How is asking how he fucked it up "defending this guy?"

Maybe you’d be willing to read this - https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-maddow-wants-trump-kept-off-tv-blasts-fairytale-news-briefings

It’s a Fox link after all. 
 

There have been numerous posts pointing out how he fucked up, but I can’t be bothered to “feed the troll” at this point. 
Objectivity is not your strong suit. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

cause he knew it was about to go into freefall and his advice was only to prop the market up in time for him to sell his own shit off?

What evidence do you have of that?

Just because he can't perfectly call a bottom doesn't mean buying low for the long term is anti-American.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Maybe you’d be willing to read this - https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-maddow-wants-trump-kept-off-tv-blasts-fairytale-news-briefings

It’s a Fox link after all. 
 

There have been numerous posts pointing out how he fucked up, but I can’t be bothered to “feed the troll” at this point. 
Objectivity is not your strong suit. 

You think Trump's press conferences fucked up the stock market?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sean said:

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen,” the Washington Post reports.

 

8 minutes ago, jzk said:

How did he fuck it up?  How is asking how he fucked it up "defending this guy?"

Jeebus, can't you read? As Sean and the WaPo noted, the admin knew it was going to be bad, but told us the opposite. 

Crucial weeks were lost - and of course, lots of them cashed in on that insider knowledge before the rest of us knew about. 

If you JZK don't see a problem here, you are even more of an extremist partisan hack than I thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jzk said:

You think Trump's press conferences fucked up the stock market?

Are you too stupid to watch how the markets move in real time, as your President speaks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

 

Jeebus, can't you read? As Sean and the WaPo noted, the admin knew it was going to be bad, but told us the opposite. 

Crucial weeks were lost - and of course, lots of them cashed in on that insider knowledge before the rest of us knew about. 

If you JZK don't see a problem here, you are even more of an extremist partisan hack than I thought. 

How did Trump fuck up the stock market? 

If he said exactly what you wanted him to say, how would the stock market be any different?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jzk said:

What evidence do you have of that?

Just because he can't perfectly call a bottom doesn't mean buying low for the long term is anti-American.  

He was a idiot or liar in 2007 "goldilocks ecomony and telling people to buy then , He is a idiot or a liar 2020 for telling people to buy on a falling market,

I made money off him I always do the opposite of what he says , he's just like Trump stealing money from people!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jzk said:

How did Trump's press conferences fuck up the stock market?

Yup, your just that stupid... thanks for making it even more obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jzk said:

How did Trump's press conferences fuck up the stock market?

The process of signalling is a very important one, whether it be the President of the US or the CEO of a large organization.  Anticipation of the signalling from the FED is a sport in normal times.  Trump was signalling, a process you really should study.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jzk said:

How did Trump fuck up the stock market? 

If he said exactly what you wanted him to say, how would the stock market be any different?

By controlling the Fed , and big banks , Lets see negative interest rates, massive REPRO every night, huge sums of QE, the market was going to crash way before the virsus hit, it just needed a black swan,

Hope these money things aren't over your head, do your homework and turn off FAUX news

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jzk said:

You really think that the current level of the stock market has something to do with Trump's press conferences?

Fear and greed.  Which one do you think he was feeding?

Link to post
Share on other sites