Jump to content

US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW, I gave Mikey a time out, which will be the same response anyone gets for calling the coronavirus response measures 'hysteria' or peddling misinformation that could hurt someone.

I'm day 9 of symptoms and still in the middle if it. Let me tell you,  getting a viral load from convience store handle much less than getting it from being in a maskless patients face coughing on you

For a couple of years I thought Trump was the problem but increasingly I am thinking that the problem is actually that there are just so many dumb American voters who eat up this sort of crap. There s

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Fuck these fucking fucks. There's your respect. Hope it helps.

image.png.fa29528a102552b9b30f76d03f81c21c.png

 

Anyone is entitled to his opinion. I am not obligated to respect it if it is not well founded. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Fuck these fucking fucks.

 

hey what do you know, it's my own personal and honest assessment of all things right-wing.

fuck those barbarian clowns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Anyone is entitled to his opinion. I am not obligated to respect it if it is not well founded. 

The icing on the cake is that I'm supposed to do something so that they'll do something in their own interest.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, buddy!  Take note of the numbers in Florida as compared to the other states shown.  Slightly more than half the population of California and seeing nearly twice as many cases.

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 2.09.45 PM.png

Wheeeee!

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 2.12.58 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.d94d2e3363239774ae673af5e5792fbd.png

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

Yo elk, are you happy about this? If you're verklempt about getting lectured by a disgusting liberal such as myself, don't you worry 'bout a thing. Just tune in to your Fox News and you'll feel just fine.

cropped-Hottest-Fox-News-Girls-1.jpg

 

88AFC36B-34EC-41CD-8D0E-243027E6928D.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, Fakenews said:

It will devolve into a slightly worse version of the flu and in another 2 years will COVID will be gone from our vocabulary.    Susceptible people will need a booster most won’t.   The idea that everyone will need a booster at best isn’t based on science and at worst is fear mongering.

The idea that it will devolve into a slightly worse version than the flu isn't based on science and at worse is something that Mikey would say.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

The idea that it will devolve into a slightly worse version than the flu isn't based on science and at worse is something that Mikey would say.

Bullshit.  Overly lethal viruses don’t survive in nature (especially in the era of vaccines) and they certainly don’t get deadlier.  See Spanish flu.

Good read about Spanish Flu here.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/reconstruction-1918-virus.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ebola, Marburg, HIV, Rabies, Dengue, MERS, influenza, etc... 

Plenty of ways to die from a virus. 

Rabies has been around forever, and is 100% fatal to humans.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Ebola anyone? 

not overly lethal. 
 

1) not a respiratory virus.

2) Hovers around in its own little corner of the world

3) There’s a vaccine 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.d94d2e3363239774ae673af5e5792fbd.png

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

Yo elk, are you happy about this? If you're verklempt about getting lectured by a disgusting liberal such as myself, don't you worry 'bout a thing. Just tune in to your Fox News and you'll feel just fine.

cropped-Hottest-Fox-News-Girls-1.jpg

They should just change their name to Beaver News and be done with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gptyk said:

Ebola, Marburg, HIV, Rabies, Dengue, MERS, influenza, etc... 

Plenty of ways to die from a virus. 

Rabies has been around forever, and is 100% fatal to humans.

 

 

 

And yet they don’t kill that many people.  Dengue fever for example kills about 20K.  People aren’t dropping dead from rabies.

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gptyk said:

Ebola, Marburg, HIV, Rabies, Dengue, MERS, influenza, etc... 

Plenty of ways to die from a virus. 

Rabies has been around forever, and is 100% fatal to humans.

 

 

 

And your point is? 

Therefor, don't take a vaccine that is effective against a particular virus? 

We should throw our hands up and just close our hospitals?  

Rabies just doesn't have a very good management team? 

 

(BTW, there are only  1 to 3 rabies cases in the US per year, because there is a vaccine for the animal carriers.  Are there anti-vax pet owners out there?)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Left Shift said:
40 minutes ago, gptyk said:

Ebola, Marburg, HIV, Rabies, Dengue, MERS, influenza, etc... 

Plenty of ways to die from a virus. 

Rabies has been around forever, and is 100% fatal to humans.    ...

And your point is? 

Therefor, don't take a vaccine that is effective against a particular virus? 

We should throw our hands up and just close our hospitals?  

Rabies just doesn't have a very good management team? 

 

(BTW, there are only  1 to 3 rabies cases in the US per year, because there is a vaccine for the animal carriers.  Are there anti-vax pet owners out there?)

Actually, there have been a few people survive rabies infection. But yeah, the odds are VERY heavily tilted against you.

And there are anti-vax pet owners. I had one for a next door neighbor. I took his dog in to get a course of vaccines and didn't tell him, because we've had rabies and distemper in wild animals in our neighborhood.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Bullshit.  Overly lethal viruses don’t survive in nature (especially in the era of vaccines) and they certainly don’t get deadlier.  See Spanish flu.

Good read about Spanish Flu here.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/reconstruction-1918-virus.html

Bullshit?

Mikey liked to compare covid to the flu too.

Just because some bugs eventually mutate into less deadly variants doesnt mean all do.

It could just as easily mutate to a more deadly variant. Kinda like other bugs which are mutating into variants which are becoming more resistant to treatments.

 

Evolution, its a thing. Though obviously not in Florida.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Bullshit?

Mikey liked to compare covid to the flu too.

Just because some bugs eventually mutate into less deadly variants doesnt mean all do.

It could just as easily mutate to a more deadly variant. Kinda like other bugs which are mutating into variants which are becoming more resistant to treatments.

 

Evolution, its a thing. Though obviously not in Florida.

 

 

More bullshit.

1) I’m not comparing COVID to the flu.

2) Bacteria <=> viruses

3) Name a major virus outbreak that evolved to be deadlier.  Then list all the ones who have petered out. (Hint it will look like a table of Trump vs Obama admin indictments.

Covid will not be part of our vocabulary in 2-3 years except for retrospective analysis.  Would be shorter if not for morons who won’t get vaccinated and greedy governments and companies who won’t fund an all out campaign to vaccinate the rest of the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

More bullshit.

1) I’m not comparing COVID to the flu.

2) Bacteria <=> viruses

3) Name a major virus outbreak that evolved to be deadlier.  Then list all the ones who have petered out. (Hint it will look like a table of Trump vs Obama admin indictments.

Covid will not be part of our vocabulary in 2-3 years except for retrospective analysis.  Would be shorter if not for morons who won’t get vaccinated and greedy governments and companies who won’t fund an all out campaign to vaccinate the rest of the world.

name a virus outbreak that evolved to be deadlier?

covid?

polio?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Bullshit.  Overly lethal viruses don’t survive in nature (especially in the era of vaccines) and they certainly don’t get deadlier.  See Spanish flu.

Good read about Spanish Flu here.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/reconstruction-1918-virus.html

 

33 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

More bullshit.

1) I’m not comparing COVID to the flu.

2) Bacteria <=> viruses

3) Name a major virus outbreak that evolved to be deadlier.  Then list all the ones who have petered out. (Hint it will look like a table of Trump vs Obama admin indictments.

Covid will not be part of our vocabulary in 2-3 years except for retrospective analysis.  Would be shorter if not for morons who won’t get vaccinated and greedy governments and companies who won’t fund an all out campaign to vaccinate the rest of the world.

what relevance has the flu got to do with the behaviour of covid?

 

do you need schooling on what "comparing" means?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

More bullshit.

1) I’m not comparing COVID to the flu.

2) Bacteria <=> viruses

3) Name a major virus outbreak that evolved to be deadlier.  Then list all the ones who have petered out. (Hint it will look like a table of Trump vs Obama admin indictments.

Covid will not be part of our vocabulary in 2-3 years except for retrospective analysis.  Would be shorter if not for morons who won’t get vaccinated and greedy governments and companies who won’t fund an all out campaign to vaccinate the rest of the world.

How many cycles will it take for CoViD to maximize transmission (its goal), possibly by minimizing morbidity so people don’t stay in quarantine?    A decrease in virulence is a likely theoretical outcome over centuries, not decades and certainly not a couple years.  Replication is the genetic driver.   At present it’s common around the world.   If we don’t wear masks and don’t quarantine, it has no evolutionary pressure to make people less sick.   It’s getting lots of ‘play time’ and the ‘RNA  upgrades’ over the last year are just optimizing transmission.  
 

It will still be there when you get old and frail, or when you get cancer and chemo.   If you don’t have a strong immunity you will die. My guess is part of the protocol for all organ transplants and chemo patients will be a CoViD vaccine booster on day 1.    
 

Edit,   The initial virus liked gray hair and wrinkles.   Brazil shows the virus has become less picky over time.   It maximized ‘market share’ by learning to attack all ages, not by more stealth attacks where the person doesn’t know they are sick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Left Shift said:

And your point is? 

Therefor, don't take a vaccine that is effective against a particular virus? 

We should throw our hands up and just close our hospitals?  

Rabies just doesn't have a very good management team? 

 

(BTW, there are only  1 to 3 rabies cases in the US per year, because there is a vaccine for the animal carriers.  Are there anti-vax pet owners out there?)

 

Methinks you took a 180 degree view of my point: a respinse to Fakenews who maintains that the covid virus cannot maintain longterm lethality. My point was that saying that a lethal virus has no longevity is factually false. And I gave examples. 

The fact that rabies is controlled via vaccination of domestic animals doesn't make it a less deadly virus, it makes it a more uncommon virus. Without vax's, rabies killed plenty. Polio killed/maimed plenty. Lots of dumfuk's not getting a covid vax (which would eliminate covid, if everybody did it)

Just because the 1918 flu dissipated doesn't mean covid will on it's own. It's wishful thinking. 90% vax rates would change that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fascinating reading when you look at the initial posts and compare them to what we have actually experienced. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gptyk said:

Methinks you took a 180 degree view of my point: a respinse to Fakenews who maintains that the covid virus cannot maintain longterm lethality. My point was that saying that a lethal virus has no longevity is factually false. And I gave examples. 

The fact that rabies is controlled via vaccination of domestic animals doesn't make it a less deadly virus, it makes it a more uncommon virus. Without vax's, rabies killed plenty. Polio killed/maimed plenty. Lots of dumfuk's not getting a covid vax (which would eliminate covid, if everybody did it)

Just because the 1918 flu dissipated doesn't mean covid will on it's own. It's wishful thinking. 90% vax rates would change that. 

Skunks and especially bats enjoy an uneasy truce with rabies.    It is deadly, but much less so for the species it has coevolved with, supporting Fake’s claim.

 Influenza continually shifts proteins and virulence.   Jumping from species to species makes it hard to predict.  We’ve been warned for years to expect another bad flu pandemic.    That risk is still real.    Simple explanations don’t match a complex reality.  CoViD may eventually evolve to coexist with us, and us with it.     That will not happen in a human timeframe.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Raz&#x27;r said:

US lost 1.5 years of life expectancy in 2020. Thanks TFG!

U.S. life expectancy dropped by 1.5 years in 2020, biggest drop since WWII

  • The CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics showed that life expectancy dropped from 78.8 years in 2019 to 77.3 years in 2020.
  • Hispanic Americans experienced the largest decline in life expectancies in 2020, followed by Black Americans.
  • Covid deaths accounted for nearly 75% of the decline.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/21/life-expectancy-in-the-us-declined-in-2020-especially-among-people-of-color-.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mid said:

U.S. life expectancy dropped by 1.5 years in 2020, biggest drop since WWII

  • The CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics showed that life expectancy dropped from 78.8 years in 2019 to 77.3 years in 2020.
  • Hispanic Americans experienced the largest decline in life expectancies in 2020, followed by Black Americans.
  • Covid deaths accounted for nearly 75% of the decline.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/21/life-expectancy-in-the-us-declined-in-2020-especially-among-people-of-color-.html

Maybe trying to fight off a virus by bullshitting wasn’t the best plan of action. 
 

On the other hand, if black and brown people are dying off faster, our bullshitters prolly see that as a win. Chalk that up as another one of those Trump policies with which a good chunk of his followers are likely simpatico. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2021 at 7:35 AM, Bus Driver said:

Not a fan of Rep. Wasserman Schultz, but I do believe she is correct in this assessment - 

Florida rep. claims Fox News and Ron DeSantis are responsible for state’s COVID surge

Our backward NE FL city made the national fake news a couple of days ago for our covid surge filling up the ICU wards.  Our "destined for greater things" governor called it a "seasonal uptick".  I thought his bedtime story hero said it goes away in the summer?  At least DeSantis and Mayor Curry are actively. if reluctantly, encouraging vaccination now, while ironically promoting anti-Fauci merchandise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lark said:

CoViD may eventually evolve to coexist with us, and us with it.     That will not happen in a human timeframe.   

Bullshit see SARS, H1N1, MERS, Spanish Flu.  Respiratory viruses have a short runway as uber lethal threats.  Could a novel virus deadlier than COVID emerge? Absolutely.  But COVID will absolutely be a greatly diminished risk to human health two years from now

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Bullshit see SARS, H1N1, MERS, Spanish Flu.  Respiratory viruses have a short runway as uber lethal threats.  Could a novel virus deadlier than COVID emerge? Absolutely.  But COVID will absolutely be a greatly diminished risk to human health two years from now

Yes, because most everybody will have developed some immunity.   Within a couple years virtually the entire planet will have been exposed knowingly, asymptomatically, or through vaccine.    New cases will be limited to waning immunity (either the immune system forgets, or the immune system gets weak).   I doubt it will disappear entirely, since immunity isn't expected to be permanent.   

Spanish flu pretty much ran its course (within the limits of 1920 transportation).   A woman who survived as a child still had strong titers in the early 2000's.   It didn't mutate into harmlessness, humanity's collective immune system won the battle, until the next mutation and new strain showed up.   The same thing happened for H1N1 and other influenza viruses.   Immunity is lasting but specific.   Measles would fade away for decades until enough new kids were around that had never had measles.  Then a new outbreak would occur.    Covid's future isn't clear.  Based on other coronaviruses, immunity is more transient, hence my predictions.     

Corona is a RNA virus, but its mutation rate (at least per Cornell last summer) is slower then Influenza.    (RNA replication has less quality control then DNA, so RNA viruses mutate faster).   It had the advantage of little or no cross protection from prior Coronavirus strains and a large vulnerable population, so it was able to infect a billion plus people quickly.  We randomly selected for multiple strains. 

Influenza generally has some cross protection from prior strains.   Some people have the right vaccination or natural exposure allowing at least some immunity.  Vaccines are imperfect but many people get vaccinated.  Therefore humanity is never completely vulnerable.   That doesn't mean virologists don't stay awake at night worrying about the next superstrain in pigs or chickens that is just different enough and just virulent enough in humans to repeat the carnage of 1919-1920.

Like CoViD, virus strains jumping between species tends to catch the immune system of the new host species by surprise.   I think MERS was a an example of extreme pathogenicity but less transmissibility, but I'm not sure.   I used to know, back when the US was putting a great deal of effort into biosecurity after 911.  So much money went into terrorism defense some spilled over into public health.  We lost focus and were vulnerable to CoViD as a result.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.6ae7ed67d6e177d875d63b7190811549.png

 

Looks like an excellent candidate for a Darwin Award!  Let's hope he has not procreated yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

Looks like an excellent candidate for a Darwin Award!  Let's hope he has not procreated yet?

You might be misinterpreting that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

You might be misinterpreting that.

 

Pardon moi naivete, but what do you mean, s'il vous plait?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Pardon moi naivete, but what do you mean, s'il vous plait?

He/MeidasTouch is making fun of the Fox News audience by calling the Delta variant the (Rupert) Murdoch variant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

He/MeidasTouch is making fun of the Fox News audience by calling the Delta variant the (Rupert) Murdoch variant.

 

Typical Moran, or maybe atypical??

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

Typical Moran, or maybe atypical??

Neither, he’s a liberal comic…

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 5:45 PM, Fakenews said:

And yet they don’t kill that many people.  Dengue fever for example kills about 20K.  People aren’t dropping dead from rabies.

LOL

Wait, what? Influenza kills 200k - 500k per year worldwide. And has been for hundreds of years. It will probably go away in a couple years, right?

Remember smallpox? Yeah, that fucked about 400k per year just in Europe alone throughout the 1800's. Did that get better over time? No, someone got clever and made a vaccine. Check your left shoulder for the scar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bhyde said:

Wait, what? Influenza kills 200k - 500k per year worldwide. And has been for hundreds of years. It will probably go away in a couple years, right?

Remember smallpox? Yeah, that fucked about 400k per year just in Europe alone throughout the 1800's. Did that get better over time? No, someone got clever and made a vaccine. Check your left shoulder for the scar.

I meant to say except for the flu which overwhelmingly affects the old and for which there is no effective vaccine.   I’m also not aware of “long flu symptoms” from the flu. CoViD is a completely different beast much deadlier than the flu and WAY more infectious.
 

Lastly, I also said in previous post “in the era of vaccines”.  I reiterate COVID will not evolve into a deadlier version over time and IMHO will not be part of our vocabulary in 2-3 years.

Sounds like a fact based reasonable assessment to me…

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bhyde said:

Wait, what? Influenza kills 200k - 500k per year worldwide. And has been for hundreds of years. It will probably go away in a couple years, right?

Remember smallpox? Yeah, that fucked about 400k per year just in Europe alone throughout the 1800's. Did that get better over time? No, someone got clever and made a vaccine. Check your left shoulder for the scar.

It depends on your age and where you were born whether you have a smallpox vax scar. I did an experiment with my high school students in a world issues class in a high school with many, many immigrant students. I had the scar but Canadian-born kids did not. Kids went around checking teachers arms to try to get an idea of when smallpox vaccinations stopped in Canada. A little complicated because a number of teachers were also immigrants. Students from countries like China, India, and Iran had one but those from Europe did not. I seem to remember kids from Hong Kong did not have one. 

It was really a way to measure the level of economic and medical advancement in various countries. Too bad COVID vaccinations do not leave a mark, would make it easier to see who is on which team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we have a brand new worry.

'Superbug' fungus spread in 2 cities, health officials say

NEW YORK -- U.S. health officials said Thursday they now have evidence of an untreatable fungus spreading in two hospitals and a nursing home. 

The “superbug” outbreaks were reported in a Washington, D.C, nursing home and at two Dallas-area hospitals, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. A handful of the patients had invasive fungal infections that were impervious to all three major classes of medications. 


“This is really the first time we've started seeing clustering of resistance" in which patients seemed to be getting the infections from each other, said the CDC's Dr. Meghan Lyman. 

The fungus, Candida auris, is a harmful form of yeast that is considered dangerous to hospital and nursing home patients with serious medical problems. It is most deadly when it enters the bloodstream, heart or brain. Outbreaks in health care facilities have been spurred when the fungus spread through patient contact or on contaminated surfaces. 
............................ 


Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/superbug-fungus-spread-cities-health-officials-78994818  

 

 

yYGBsML.jpg

 

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-p-antimicrobial-products-registered-epa-claims-against-candida-auris

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

I meant to say except for the flu which overwhelmingly affects the old and for which there is no effective vaccine.   I’m also not aware of “long flu symptoms” from the flu. CoViD is a completely different beast much deadlier than the flu and WAY more infectious.
 

Lastly, I also said in previous post “in the era of vaccines”.  I reiterate COVID will not evolve into a deadlier version over time and IMHO will not be part of our vocabulary in 2-3 years.

Sounds like a fact based reasonable assessment to me…

Covid has evolved into a deadlier version.

The delta variant is dramatically more deadly than the initial variant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Now we have a brand new worry.

'Superbug' fungus spread in 2 cities, health officials say

NEW YORK -- U.S. health officials said Thursday they now have evidence of an untreatable fungus spreading in two hospitals and a nursing home. 

The “superbug” outbreaks were reported in a Washington, D.C, nursing home and at two Dallas-area hospitals, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. A handful of the patients had invasive fungal infections that were impervious to all three major classes of medications. 


“This is really the first time we've started seeing clustering of resistance" in which patients seemed to be getting the infections from each other, said the CDC's Dr. Meghan Lyman. 

The fungus, Candida auris, is a harmful form of yeast that is considered dangerous to hospital and nursing home patients with serious medical problems. It is most deadly when it enters the bloodstream, heart or brain. Outbreaks in health care facilities have been spurred when the fungus spread through patient contact or on contaminated surfaces. 
............................ 


Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/superbug-fungus-spread-cities-health-officials-78994818  

 

 

yYGBsML.jpg

 

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-p-antimicrobial-products-registered-epa-claims-against-candida-auris

India is suffering a fungal outbreak as well. Attributed to  steroid use as a treatment for covid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I meant to say except for the flu which overwhelmingly affects the old and for which there is no effective vaccine.   I’m also not aware of “long flu symptoms” from the flu. CoViD is a completely different beast much deadlier than the flu and WAY more infectious.
 

Lastly, I also said in previous post “in the era of vaccines”.  I reiterate COVID will not evolve into a deadlier version over time and IMHO will not be part of our vocabulary in 2-3 years.

Sounds like a fact based reasonable assessment to me…

umm, Delta is already faster spreading, which equates to deadlier...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it final looks like some people with an 'R' after their names are starting to get it. 

Alabama governor says ‘it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks’ as pandemic worsens

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/alabama-governor-covid-vaccinations-500638

No shit Kay. Glad you finally got the new talking points from Rupert.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Covid has evolved into a deadlier version.

The delta variant is dramatically more deadly than the initial variant.

Incorrect!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

umm, Delta is already faster spreading, which equates to deadlier...

Nope.  Notice it’s lethality hasn’t changed.  And now with vaccines the faster it spreads the better (for those vaccinated).

It’s  on its way to petering out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Nope.  Notice it’s lethality hasn’t changed.  And now with vaccines the faster it spreads the better (for those vaccinated).

It’s  on its way to petering out.

umm, there's a lot of evidence that Delta is impacting populations not impacted before - namely those younger and in good shape. But you keep being you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It’s  on its way to petering out.

New cases in many states are accelerating, including FL.  I'd hesitate using the term 'petering out' until new cases are decreasing.  They did have math/statistics at UF right?  You just chose not to take them?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/florida-covid-cases.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Epidemiologists disagree with the Gator:

“India's B.1.617.2, aka the Delta variant, is the newest CDC variant of concern,” Dr. Fryhofer said during an episode of the “AMA COVID-19 Update” about COVID-19 vaccines and variants. “Experts say Delta's a super spreader.”

“WHO says it's already spread to at least 80 countries,” she explained, noting that “it's about 60% more transmissible than B.1.1.7, the U.K. variant, now newly named the Alpha variant.

“Delta is now the dominant variant in the U.K.” and it is “probably the most contagious variant we've seen yet, and it's here in the U.S.,” Dr. Fryhofer said.

“Even though this variant is hyper transmissible, a full vaccination series seems to protect against it, but you need both doses of a two-dose series—one mRNA vaccine dose may not be enough,” she added.

We know that it appears to be both more contagious and more severe than earlier versions of the virus,” explained Dr. Irons explained during a separate episode of the “AMA COVID-19 Update” on vaccination efforts and Novavax. “We're seeing patients becoming sicker and their conditions are worsening much more quickly.

“That's why many experts are concerned that cases will eventually start to rise as Delta becomes the dominant form of the virus,” she added. “But again, the one very big piece of encouraging news: The vaccines continue to work extremely well against the variants based on evidence we have so far.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Epidemiologists disagree with the Gator:

“India's B.1.617.2, aka the Delta variant, is the newest CDC variant of concern,” Dr. Fryhofer said during an episode of the “AMA COVID-19 Update” about COVID-19 vaccines and variants. “Experts say Delta's a super spreader.”

“WHO says it's already spread to at least 80 countries,” she explained, noting that “it's about 60% more transmissible than B.1.1.7, the U.K. variant, now newly named the Alpha variant.

“Delta is now the dominant variant in the U.K.” and it is “probably the most contagious variant we've seen yet, and it's here in the U.S.,” Dr. Fryhofer said.

“Even though this variant is hyper transmissible, a full vaccination series seems to protect against it, but you need both doses of a two-dose series—one mRNA vaccine dose may not be enough,” she added.

We know that it appears to be both more contagious and more severe than earlier versions of the virus,” explained Dr. Irons explained during a separate episode of the “AMA COVID-19 Update” on vaccination efforts and Novavax. “We're seeing patients becoming sicker and their conditions are worsening much more quickly.

“That's why many experts are concerned that cases will eventually start to rise as Delta becomes the dominant form of the virus,” she added. “But again, the one very big piece of encouraging news: The vaccines continue to work extremely well against the variants based on evidence we have so far.”

Notice they don’t say deadlier.  In fact i went back to the last time we had 45K d7day moving average cases and looked at the daily 7DMA death count.  That was mid October 2020.  The death rate was around 750, today it’s 250.  Now the slope of the curve is different but the fact is Delta is less deadly thanks to vaccinated populations  especially among the elderly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fakenews said:

Notice they don’t say deadlier.  In fact i went back to the last time we had 45K d7day moving average cases and looked at the daily 7DMA death count.  That was mid October 2020.  The death rate was around 750, today it’s 250.  Now the slope of the curve is different but the fact is Delta is less deadly thanks to vacillated populations especially among the elderly.

nice moving of the goal posts. It kills younger people. the fact that the elderly are vaccinated has nothing to do with the lethality of the virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

New cases in many states are accelerating, including FL.  I'd hesitate using the term 'petering out' until new cases are decreasing.  They did have math/statistics at UF right?  You just chose not to take them?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/florida-covid-cases.html

As GWB would say “it’s in its death throes”

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raz&#x27;r said:

nice moving of the goal posts. It kills younger people. the fact that the elderly are vaccinated has nothing to do with the lethality of the virus.

The ratio of death/infection is down you dodo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The ratio of death/infection is down you dodo.

and a simpleton would say that means something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

Bullshit gator is still a maroon.  I posted this in the other thread but you should read or listen to it and stop embarrassing yourself.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Dr-Peter-Hotez-Delta-variant-like-nothing-16332812.php

Excellent article. 

Amazing that the "patriots" are letting the commies control them. 

An interesting excerpt from the article:

"In that article that’s coming out in PLOS-Biology, I write that historically, this is not new. This is what Orbán did in Hungary. He doesn’t disband the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. He takes it over and, and re-messages it. Bolsonaro in Brazil does the same thing. This is coming from the playbook of from authoritarian regimes.

There’s a fantastic paper I found from Foreign Affairs from 1941. It’s called “Science in the totalitarian state.” It’s about Stalin and Mussolini and Hitler, but it gives you chills because you see the bits and pieces that are being adopted by authoritarian regimes here and in 2021."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Notice they don’t say deadlier.  In fact i went back to the last time we had 45K d7day moving average cases and looked at the daily 7DMA death count.  That was mid October 2020.  The death rate was around 750, today it’s 250.  Now the slope of the curve is different but the fact is Delta is less deadly thanks to vaccinated populations  especially among the elderly.

If only things were the same now as then...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

If only things were the same now as then...

Why?  It’s better now,we have a vaccine and it prevents death for 99.8% of vaccinated people who get the latest variant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Why?  It’s better now,we have a vaccine and it prevents death for 99.8% of vaccinated people who get the latest variant.

We could explain it but it takes forever and uses up all of our crayons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Recent data suggests Delta variant is starting to peter out.  Deaths are WAY down. Elsewhere he has said he thinks we will peak in early September.

 

It's going to be highly localized. Expect to see Red state areas struggling with it for a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

We could explain it but it takes forever and uses up all of our crayons.

The fact that you write with crayons explains your inability to grasp why things are better now than before and why COVID is less deadly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

The fact that you write with crayons explains your inability to grasp why things are better now than before and why COVID is less deadly.

Not even going to bother unpacking that drivel. Delta is going to raise havoc for the next few months, the only thing that will slow it down is if there is a rush to get vaccinated.  This includes the states you and I live in.  The fact you had Covid and were one of the fortunate ones that didn't get your ass kicked doesn't mean a lot of people will be seriously ill and the deaths will going up significantly. It was getting better and will continue in the handful of NE states. Here? Masks are off and people are out.

Comparing the US to India and the UK is irrelevant unless you want to compare when it first arrived in each country.  Honestly I don't know why I ever bother addressing you and your superior FU edumacation.

edit: So, the US is #1 in being able to deal with it - in fact we are now giving away and throwing away excess vaccines. Because people aren't getting them and a lot of people including you never took it seriously and still aren't.  I take no pleasure in seeing the poorly educated and/or misguided suffering and dying, and in the end we all pay for it.  Total waste and totally unnecessary.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Tucker Carlson takedown in the flesh.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRr-e6Wj_8R/

He apparently does all his shows out of the studio and from Montana.  I bet that little doughboy is not vaccinated and is doing it to avoid Faux News vaccine passport.  Would be really nice to see him expire from COVID.

 Kudo’s to that guy for trashing him in the most polite manner to his face.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Missus BB's BFF from Boston is in hospital in Texas, where she has been staying with her daughter.  She was fully vaccinated, but caught the Delta version, so is now hospitalized on Oxygen....  She is a hermit, sees very few people at all, so if she can get it, anyone of us vaccinated people can also.  Masks may be a good idea for now, even for us vaccinated people.  Supposedly the Delta variant is 200 times more infectious than prior versions....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites