US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW, I gave Mikey a time out, which will be the same response anyone gets for calling the coronavirus response measures 'hysteria' or peddling misinformation that could hurt someone.

I'm day 9 of symptoms and still in the middle if it. Let me tell you,  getting a viral load from convience store handle much less than getting it from being in a maskless patients face coughing on you

It is not whether it offends, it is whether it is dangerous. Spreading false information about the dangers of a pandemic can kill people. Most forums have a ratio of between 10 and 100 lurkers to ever

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

No they mutate into never ending.  And Covid is an issue for everyone.  If 10-40% of your staff or customers is anti-mask and anti-vax yeah fuck them, but it affects business.  If your kids get it and can't go to school it affects them and disrupts anyone they were around for a week or so.  I don't think I ever got it, but my ex and son did, my daughter didn't..  I have no idea how or why that's even possible.  I isolated like three times for weeks.  This is an issue for everyone, including the vaxxed, because uncertainty fucks everything up.  Get vaxxed and wear a mask when it's required, it's not that fucking hard.

What I don't understand is, with the numbers going down this spring, way down in many places... why did we not put a test-and-trace program in place? This works really really well WHEN THE NUMBERS ARE LOW, it pushes numbers down if properly carried out, it's less expensive, and it only forces isolation on people who are currently exhaling virus.... and that, for the shortest practical period.

Did we forget about this?

We -could- have had 90% of USAnians (well, those over 12yo) vaccinated by now. But we don't, because of stupid shit going round 'n round 'n round... we will probably never even get to 70% now. But there are other tools to fight this AND GET IT THE FUCK OVER WITH!!!

- DSK

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

What I don't get about Gator and this thread of late is several of you are challenging his data, your point is his data is wrong, but what is his point?  What is he trying to argue?  Wear masks, don't wear masks, get vaccinated, don't, don't worry about kids, who cares about kids? WTF is the point?

AAUI, his point is "fuck em, us vaccinated can just ignore the ramifications of a 3rd wave"

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Florida.  Anyone who can interpret the data presented in a graph can see what is happening.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 3.35.44 PM.png

But, what will THIS graph look like in 2 weeks?

The rate of change looks more like wave 1 than wave 2. So the virus is back to being MORE contagious, given it can only spread to about 50% of the population it used to be able to infect.

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

AAUI, his point is "fuck em, us vaccinated can just ignore the ramifications of a 3rd wave"

I guess, but if ramifications are just "not dying" then he is literally in the stone age dodging dinosaurs.  

The point is FN is and always has been an arrogant, self centered almost intelligent guy who is the poster boy for "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".  Perfect guy for finance where all you need is a degree, be an excel whiz and you get big bucks for cooking books aka making the number.

Many years ago before I realized what he was he had asked a question about new tvs, he had tv and monitor specsresolutions all mixed up and I made the attempt to correct them.  Not making that mistake again.

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The rate of change looks more like wave 1 than wave 2. So the virus is back to being MORE contagious, given it can only spread to about 50% of the population it used to be able to infect.

Florida has been spotty in reporting cases.  Some days, there are none reported.  They can try to hide the cases, but eventually they need to account for the situation.  Reports are coming out about hospitals being overwhelmed (again).  

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The point is FN is and always has been an arrogant, self centered almost intelligent guy who is the poster boy for "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".  Perfect guy for finance where all you need is a degree, be an excel whiz and you get big bucks for cooking books aka making the number.

Many years ago before I realized what he was he had asked a question about new tvs, he had tv and monitor specsresolutions all mixed up and I made the attempt to correct them.  Not making that mistake again.

He IS the expert in nearly all things.  Just ask him.  He'll tell you.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

You'd think taking the vaccinated and the already infected out of the equation would lessen the rate of spread.

So either the vaxed and already infected are still being infected and contributing to spread or the virus has evolved to be more contagious.

5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You'd think taking the vaccinated and the already infected out of the equation would lessen the rate of spread.

So either the vaxed and already infected are still being infected and contributing to spread or the virus has evolved to be more contagious.

much more contagious

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

No matter.  Less than 1% of people hospitalized with COVID are under 18, let alone under 12.

Kids? Not any hospitalised yet but 

Look at Sydney.

up to 7 July. 8 out of 37 were under 35. 20%. 

Probably higher now because its mostly the 18-45's allowed out for essential work

And that's with schools closed and what you lot would describe as a hard lockdown. 

Don't mess around with this Delta variant.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/07/delta-mutations-mean-young-people-less-protected-against-covid-experts-warn

• Like 2
On 7/28/2021 at 6:36 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Rule of thumb... if some guy tells you, without some specific and fairly important reason to tell you, that he was in the Special Forces and especially a SEAL, he was not.

Like the Marine artillery scouts, who far fewer people know about, they are generally so tough and have killed so many people that they'd rather not talk about it. And far from wanting to impress you, the actual ex-SEALs really don't give an actual fuck what you think

- DSK

Well, there are the guys you tend to believe, but you wish you didn't. 

There was the time when I was a teenager thumbing around Europe when I was sitting in a Salzburg bar.  The older guy sitting next to me tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was American.  My German was just good enough so I said yes and his response was "Americans - good fighters.  American Marines very good fighters.  I should know."  Pointing to his chest he said "Me, Staff sergeant, Waffen SS.  Good fighter." 

My only thought was "Why the fuck aren't you up in Nuremberg", and left my beer on the table.  

Maybe he just got his kicks shocking naive American kids.  

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

From my link

At least 297 children have died of COVID-19, about 0.06% of all deaths. About 0.01% of children diagnosed with COVID-19 have died. At least 14,849 children have been hospitalized, about 2% of all hospitalizations. Roughly 0.8% of children with COVID-19 have been hospitalized.

Next, you are going to point out that only 23,460 angels can dance on the head of a pin, rather than the 24,000 published elsewhere.  

It's a fucking disease, it makes people sick.  There are preventative measures.  Some are more effective than others, and some a little more bothersome, but they all add up.  Fucking use them and lets move the fuck on as fast as possible. 

Quibbling isn't helping.  Quibbling is hurting.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

There was the time when I was a teenager thumbing around Europe when I was sitting in a Salzburg bar.

Yep, the far R-eich has a presence in Austria. 

Next time you go, check out this place in a cave behind the opera house . . 

(Hmmm, upon reflection it's maybe not such a good idea. It's very close in there . .) 

image.jpeg.4fe6f046ef1b6f70ac2961bdc61528df.jpeg

Ignore the bullshit from Gaston.  This thing ain't anywhere near over.

Florida virus cases soar, hospitals near last summer's peak

Hospital admissions of coronavirus patients continue to soar in Florida with at least two areas in the state surpassing the previous peaks of last summer's surge, prompting calls by local officials for the governor to declare an emergency.

A large hospital system in Jacksonville said its hospitals were at maximum capacity, its emergency centers also at a critical point as the state grappled with the new and more infectious delta variant of the COVID-19 virus.

In Brevard County, two hospitals began setting up treatment tents at its emergency departments. And at a Fort Lauderdale park, a long line of cars snaked around a testing site, recalling the first weeks of the pandemic last year.

Delta variant substantially more contagious than other variants, CDC presentation warns

The presentation shows that those who are vaccinated are three times less likely to catch COVID-19 and 10-times less likely to die from it than those who are unvaccinated.

Once infected, though, vaccinated people are just as contagious as those without that protection — meaning they need to wear a mask and keep their distance to avoid passing on the virus.

Clearly, these scientists did not attend a university near world class beaches, so we must ignore their report.

21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Delta variant substantially more contagious than other variants, CDC presentation warns

The presentation shows that those who are vaccinated are three times less likely to catch COVID-19 and 10-times less likely to die from it than those who are unvaccinated.

Once infected, though, vaccinated people are just as contagious as those without that protection — meaning they need to wear a mask and keep their distance to avoid passing on the virus.

Clearly, these scientists did not attend a university near world class beaches, so we must ignore their report.

That’s been known for a week or two and they believe it’s true only for symptomatic people and even then not everyone.  

So what?  Easy solution is for the untaxed to get vaxed. 

9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That’s been known for a week or two and they believe it’s true only for symptomatic people and even then not everyone.  

So what?  Easy solution is for the untaxed to get vaxed. 

You're the one who said "Covid is not an issue for the vaccinated."  

A declarative statement fully in line with what you've been crowing about for months - that once vaxxed, folks need not worry.  Seems you were a little premature in your claim of us seeing the end.

17 hours ago, Fakenews said:

My point has always been things are getting better.  Vaccines work everyone should get one.
Pandemics do not go on and on.  Respiratory viruses do not mutate into more and more lethal versions.  Covid is not an issue for the vaccinated. Mask wearing to protect people who won’t protect themselves (and in fact consciously decide to harm others) is not something I think we as a society should promote.

FN

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

You're the one who said "Covid is not an issue for the vaccinated."  

A declarative statement fully in line with what you've been crowing about for months - that once vaxxed, folks need not worry.  Seems you were a little premature in your claim of us seeing the end.

It’s not.  I don’t worry.

10 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It’s not.  I don’t worry.

You very well could've infected others by proudly going maskless in the gym.

You could very well infect others now, even though you had COVID and are vaxxed.

You're the epitome of a selfish prick.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You very well could've infected others by proudly going maskless in the gym.

You could very well infect others now, even though you had COVID and are vaxxed.

You're the epitome of a selfish prick.

You’re a moron.  The selfish prick is the unvaxcinated person who infects others willfully.  If I get COVID and infect another vaxed person they’ll be OK.  If I get infected and infect an unvaxed person well fuck them.  My disdain for them is unbounded.

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

You’re a moron the selfish prick is the unvaxcinated person who infects others willfully.  If I get COVID and infect another vaxed person they’ll be OK.  If I get infected and infect an unvaxed person well fuck them.  My disdain for them is unbounded.

In your myopic view, there are two groups of people.  Those who choose to get vaxxed and those who choose not to be vaxxed.  That is childish and simplistic, so I doubt anyone will be surprised to hear it from you.

There are folks who CANNOT be vaccinated.  My friend's daughter has an auto-immune disorder which prevents her from any vaccine.  My son's girlfriend cannot get the vax, at this time, due to immunotherapy for ovarian cancer.

You are so self-absorbed you could kill them and I bet it wouldn't bother you one bit.  You'd find a way to justify it as "they weren't vaxxed".

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

In your myopic view, there are two groups of people.  Those who choose to get vaxxed and those who choose not to be vaxxed.  That is childish and simplistic, so I doubt anyone will be surprised to hear it from you.

There are folks who CANNOT be vaccinated.  My friend's daughter has an auto-immune disorder which prevents her from any vaccine.  My son's girlfriend cannot get the vax, at this time, due to immunotherapy for ovarian cancer.

You are so self-absorbed you could kill them and I bet it wouldn't bother you one bit.  You'd find a way to justify it as "they weren't vaxxed".

They are equally at risk from the flu (even though it’s less infectious). It sucks for them and they have always had to take special precautions.  You don’t see people wearing masks during flu season.

47 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

They are equally at risk from the flu (even though it’s less infectious). It sucks for them and they have always had to take special precautions.  You don’t see people wearing masks during flu season.

We have identified a way to add some measure of safety for those who are at risk through no fault of their own, and you can't be bothered to participate.

Fuck you, Gaston.  You really are a despicable excuse for a human.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Certainly people wear masks during flu season. It's the norm in many countries to always wear a mask if one suspects they have a cold or flu. 

But not the U.S. 'Cause the U.S. is full of morons. "Corn Teen"

• Like 1
11 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yep, the far R-eich has a presence in Austria. 

Next time you go, check out this place in a cave behind the opera house . . 

(Hmmm, upon reflection it's maybe not such a good idea. It's very close in there . .) 

image.jpeg.4fe6f046ef1b6f70ac2961bdc61528df.jpeg

Been there.  Yep, It is close in there.  

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

You’re a moron.  The selfish prick is the unvaxcinated person who infects others willfully.  If I get COVID and infect another vaxed person they’ll be OK.  If I get infected and infect an unvaxed person well fuck them.  My disdain for them is unbounded.

No, no, no ..... The person intentionally infecting others is guilty of a felony.  The person who just does things for their own comfort and lack of a sense of common civility is a selfish prick (or cunt, as appropriate in the case of MTG).

And no, no, no.  You don't have to "have Covid" to infect someone else.  You can be an asymptomatic selfish prick and be carrying a transmittable load of virus.

I guess it's your choice.  You can wake up in the morning and ask your self "Should I be a selfish prick, today?" 

Act accordingly.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

21 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I guess it's your choice.  You can wake up in the morning and ask your self "Should I be a selfish prick, again,  today?" 

Act accordingly.

FTFY

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Can’t we just give bullshitting a virus a chance? It’ll work eventually. 

Eventually, all the dumbasses will get sick, and that will be a true statement.  Unfortunately, they may create a new virus mutation that will infect the dumbasses all over again (and many of us will just get a booster shot).

13 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Eventually, all the dumbasses will get sick, and that will be a true statement.  Unfortunately, they may create a new virus mutation that will infect the dumbasses all over again (and many of us will just get a booster shot).

There is indeed a possibility it mutates into something significantly more fatal, and during the time required for development of vaccine boosters for that variant it kills off half the population. The resulting famines, supply chain disruption, etc.. will likely kill more. i.e. Imagine if HIV was as transmissible as Covid. 

That's how the dumbasses could git rid of a whole mess of folks. Not highly likely, but not a 0% chance either. Being a dumbass has consequences that the dumasses are too dumb to understand. 

(I've lost a lot of faith in my fellow humans lately. Many of them seem to be rather dense.)

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Dr. Wen disagrees with your position with point #1. 

No she say they CAN. I agree. It’s not clear wrt asymptomatic.  I just don’t care if I infect an iunvaxed person.  If I infect a vaxed person BBD.   I won’t mingle if I’m symptomatic and if Publix says I got to mask I will but otherwise I’m going maskless.

I’m in Savanah for the weekend.  No one is masked except for many if not most black people.  I suspect they’re untaxed but at least they’re taking prudent precautions 

15 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

No she say they CAN. I agree. It’s not clear wrt asymptomatic.  I just don’t care if I infect an iunvaxed person.  If I infect a vaxed person BBD.   I won’t mingle if I’m symptomatic and if Publix says I got to mask I will but otherwise I’m going maskless.

I’m Savanah for the weekend.  No one is masked except for many if not most black people.  I suspect they’re untaxed but at least they’re taking prudent precautions 

You're Savanah?

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29t

Good makeup, dude. Dudette, whatever.

https://miamihurricanes.com/roster/savanah-leaf/

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

I’m in Savanah for the weekend.  No one is masked except for many if not most black people.  I suspect they’re untaxed but at least they’re taking prudent precautions 

I’m gonna search in the morning. Maybe I’m wrong, but I seem to remember you saying vaccinated people cannot transmit COVID. 

I like the part where he doesn't care if he infects an iunvaxed (sic) person.  Might as well take out a few jaywalkers on the way home as well.  Must be that superior FU edumacation.

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

I like the part where he doesn't care if he infects an iunvaxed (sic) person.  Might as well take out a few jaywalkers on the way home as well.  Must be that superior FU edumacation.

"She was limping, it was a public service".

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Is it worth listing those which can't get vaccinated because they have a pre-existing condition that prevents them?

2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Is it worth listing those which can't get vaccinated because they have a pre-existing condition that prevents them?

Nah. They're obviously genetic defectives so fuck them, better off out of the gene pool.

FKT

Interesting...

The latest data is showing us something very important: that with the new Delta variant, the viral load, the amount of virus carried by an infected person, is the same whether or not that person has been vaccinated. This is a different situation than we understood before, with previous variants and the original virus, because all three of the vaccinations available here—Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J—were able to suppress the amount of virus. Not eliminate it, necessarily, but certainly we were seeing big differences in the virus load being carried by vaccinated versus unvaccinated. That no longer seems to be the case. Even though the vaccines will, by and large, prevent very serious illness or death in a person who gets infected with the Delta variant, it turns out that the vaccines do not suppress the amount of virus in a person’s body.

Which means that we can tell you as a vaccinated person, you’re very, very likely going to be protected from having to go on a ventilator or die. But what we can not say is that you’ll have less virus that you could then spread around. That makes you, as a vaccinated person, a potential threat to people who are still vulnerable. And we have a situation in the United States where we have 100 million people or so who have never had the disease, and who have never been vaccinated and who are vulnerable to getting infected by a vaccinated person who’s contracted the Delta variant.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-trumps-world-of-bullshit-unleashed-todays-delta-hell?ref=home

Also...

Another study from a team in China, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, found people infected with the delta variant carried, on average, a more than 1,000 times higher amount of virus in their nose compared to the original strain — which likely means they're shedding more of it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/why-delta-variant-spreads-fast-covid-1.6120982

10 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

No.  They need to take precautions as they would for flu season.  Since Corona is very infectious they should be more rigorous in self distancing until the virus burns through the unvaxed population.   It won’t be that long, Delta will peak at the end of August.  
I’m struck by how responsible a lot of the black community is here in Savanah. Mask wearing is very prevalent.  I wish someone would reach out a little harder to get them vaccinated though.  

Mask wearing is not a way to kill this virus.

24 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

No.  They need to take precautions as they would for flu season.  Since Corona is very infectious they should be more rigorous in self distancing until the virus burns through the unvaxed population.   It won’t be that long, Delta will peak at the end of August.  
I’m struck by how responsible a lot of the black community is here in Savanah. Mask wearing is very prevalent.  I wish someone would reach out a little harder to get them vaccinated though.  

Mask wearing is not a way to kill this virus.

No one is claiming it is.  No one.  Pretending that is the reason is just bullshit.

Mask wearing is intended to slow the spread.  You know, to protect others.

Oh yeah, I forgot who I was talking to.  You don't give a shit about others.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

No one is claiming it is.  No one.  Pretending that is the reason is just bullshit.

Mask wearing is intended to slow the spread.  You know, to protect others.

Oh yeah, I forgot who I was talking to.  You don't give a shit about others.

Not those who can and won’t get vaccinated and are out and about.  That’s for damn sure. 

I just love this story.

image.png.267fb3f3c97eaea2e883800859b236c0.png

Susan Wright’s campaign had reasons to feel good Tuesday morning, coming off a tele-rally with former President Donald Trump the night before and armed with internal polling showing she had a comfortable lead over her fellow Republican opponent. But anxiety set in as the day went on and her campaign saw higher-than-expected turnout. Then, a couple hours before polls closed, her consultant, Matt Langston, got a call.

It was from a campaign worker at a polling place, and they said the kinds of voters who were showing up had “definitely changed.” How do you know that? Langston asked.

“Because they’re all wearing masks,” the worker replied.

26 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I just love this story.

image.png.267fb3f3c97eaea2e883800859b236c0.png

Susan Wright’s campaign had reasons to feel good Tuesday morning, coming off a tele-rally with former President Donald Trump the night before and armed with internal polling showing she had a comfortable lead over her fellow Republican opponent. But anxiety set in as the day went on and her campaign saw higher-than-expected turnout. Then, a couple hours before polls closed, her consultant, Matt Langston, got a call.

It was from a campaign worker at a polling place, and they said the kinds of voters who were showing up had “definitely changed.” How do you know that? Langston asked.

“Because they’re all wearing masks,” the worker replied.

Whoops

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

https://crooksandliars.com/2021/07/phil-valentine-ventilator-covid

Another turn for the worse. 
I hope he recovers to spread the word about how well anti vax bullshitting protects people but it doesn’t sound good. 

The COVID near-death experience didn't change Boris's attitude.

If he survives he will claim a great victory.

9 minutes ago, random. said:

The COVID near-death experience didn't change Boris's attitude.

If he survives he will claim a great victory.

It didn't change Shitstain's either.

8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It didn't change Shitstain's either.

If he ever had it.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Me too. 

Me three. 

Hopefully he'll move along to the crematorium soon to make room for other actually decent folks that need medical attention. Good thing I'm not in charge, as my "fucks given" level has plummeted to "Are you intentionally unvaxxed? Here's a bottle of asprin, go home and pray, or whatever."

• Like 1

Ignore the recommendations of "Florida Boy".

"Most post-vaccination infections, or breakthroughs, appear to be asymptomatic or mild, a sign that the vaccines are doing their job. But mild illness still isn’t desirable illness, especially given the threat of long COVID," writes Katherine J. Wu for The Atlantic.

And, from that article, the source - from actual scientists -

"Masks slash the risks of all these outcomes."

An increasing number of ecological studies have also provided persuasive evidence that universal mandatory mask wearing policies have been associated with reductions in the number or rate of infections and deaths (Table). These studies did not distinguish the types of masks (cloth, surgical, or N95) used in the community. This association is strengthened because, in many cases, other mitigation strategies (eg, school and workplace closures, recommendations for social distancing, hand hygiene) had already been deployed before enactment of mask wearing policies, after which the reductions were observed. A study that examined changes in growth rates for infections in 15 states and the District of Columbia before and after mask mandates showed that rates were growing before the mandates were enacted and slowed significantly after, with greater benefit the longer the mandates had been in place.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Ignore the recommendations of "Florida Boy".

"Most post-vaccination infections, or breakthroughs, appear to be asymptomatic or mild, a sign that the vaccines are doing their job. But mild illness still isn’t desirable illness, especially given the threat of long COVID," writes Katherine J. Wu for The Atlantic.

And, from that article, the source - from actual scientists -

"Masks slash the risks of all these outcomes."

An increasing number of ecological studies have also provided persuasive evidence that universal mandatory mask wearing policies have been associated with reductions in the number or rate of infections and deaths (Table). These studies did not distinguish the types of masks (cloth, surgical, or N95) used in the community. This association is strengthened because, in many cases, other mitigation strategies (eg, school and workplace closures, recommendations for social distancing, hand hygiene) had already been deployed before enactment of mask wearing policies, after which the reductions were observed. A study that examined changes in growth rates for infections in 15 states and the District of Columbia before and after mask mandates showed that rates were growing before the mandates were enacted and slowed significantly after, with greater benefit the longer the mandates had been in place.

I agree that all non vaccinated people should wear masks.  

With the higher viral loads of delta, I fear the protection offered by masks has diminished.  Better then not wearing a mask, it’s a farmer John wetsuit not a drysuit.   

42 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I agree that all non vaccinated people should wear masks.  

As usual, you are dead fucking wrong in your analysis.  You've previously held that vaccinated people won't be spreading it and that the Delta variant will be less problematic.  Wrong, on both counts.

What else will you be wrong about?

‘The war has changed’: Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe 

It cites a combination of recently obtained, still-unpublished data from outbreak investigations and outside studies showing that vaccinated individuals infected with delta may be able to transmit the virus as easily as those who are unvaccinated. Vaccinated people infected with delta have measurable viral loads similar to those who are unvaccinated and infected with the variant.

and

The delta variant of the coronavirus appears to cause more severe illness than earlier variants and spreads as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal federal health document that argues officials must “acknowledge the war has changed.”

South Carolina governor accuses health experts of 'hyperbole'

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster (R)on Sunday accused health experts of "hyperbole" and "exaggeration" in regards to the current COVID-19 surge brought on by the more infectious delta variant. 

During an appearance on Fox News Sunday, McMaster affirmed to host Dana Perino that he would not be enacting a statewide mask mandate and when it came to vaccinations the governor said he would let residents "make their decision" based on information provided to them. 

Perino noted that South Carolina has recently seen increases in the number of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths, with cases rising by over 250 percent and hospitalizations rising by more than 120 percent. 

"I think that the tone and the — I think of some exaggeration [is] going on, some hyperbole. Those figures that you just mentioned, yes the rates are going up but they're way below what they were a year ago," McMaster said. "We have put the fire out. It's smoldering in places and could come back up, but the house is not on fire again."

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/565820-south-carolina-governor-accuses-health-experts-of-hyperbole 

Edit to add: Some of these clowns need to be charged for their gross malfeasance. Enough of this bullshit.