US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Wait.  She said "surge".  Meanwhile, we are being repeatedly told we've passed a "crest".

Who to believe?  A actual health care professional or a professional troll?

I wouldn’t listen to either.  She’s in too deep to see the big picture and a troll is a troll.  I’d check out the 7DMA of cases .  Tennessee looks to have plateaued and the RT just dipped below one according to this site.

https://covidestim.org

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bus Driver

• mikewof

• Fakenews

• Raz'r

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW, I gave Mikey a time out, which will be the same response anyone gets for calling the coronavirus response measures 'hysteria' or peddling misinformation that could hurt someone.

I'm day 9 of symptoms and still in the middle if it. Let me tell you,  getting a viral load from convience store handle much less than getting it from being in a maskless patients face coughing on you

It is not whether it offends, it is whether it is dangerous. Spreading false information about the dangers of a pandemic can kill people. Most forums have a ratio of between 10 and 100 lurkers to ever

Posted Images

Looking at the 7 Day Moving Average of daily deaths in the US.

9/2 - 1,465

9/3 - 1,468

9/4 - 1,436

9/5 - 1,434

9/6 - 1,390

9/7 - 1,305

9/8 - 1,326

9/9 - 1,359

9/10 - 1,378

9/11 - 1,399

9/12 - 1,382

9/13 - 1,410

9/14 - 1,551

9/15 - 1,612

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 5.02.39 PM.png

Canada just announced a perplexing name change for the vaccines. This is going to confuse the hell out of people.

Health Canada announced on Thursday that the three COVID-19 vaccines currently approved for use in the country will now go by new names. "The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will now be named Comirnaty, the Moderna vaccine will be named SpikeVax, and the AstraZeneca vaccine will be named Vaxzevria," according to the announcement.

WTF?

17 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Canada just announced a perplexing name change for the vaccines. This is going to confuse the hell out of people.

WTF?

I knew about the Pfizer one.  That’s what they decided to call it after full approval.  I assume it’s the same with the others.  Now they’ll be able to easily reference it in snazzy TV ads. “Ask your doctor”

8 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Australia with approx 26 million people has about 1000 deaths.

I'm sorta sorry pointing that out.

stay safe!

True but you guys have very limited vaccination penetration and basically can’t leave your house without permission.  Now that almost everyone who want a vax can get it here it’s back to pre pandemic life for the vaxed.  I’ll be at a football stadium with 90,000 people with zero worries or need for precautions this weekend.

Theres really no excuse for A first world nation to have such limited vaccine availability.

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I knew about the Pfizer one.  That’s what they decided to call it after full approval.  I assume it’s the same with the others.  Now they’ll be able to easily reference it in snazzy TV ads. “Ask your doctor”

We don't get those here. Sucks to be you.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

I’ll be at a football stadium with 90,000 people with zero worries or need for precautions this weekend.

Dumbass. And you're a dumbass for thinking there's no need for precautions.

But keep it up. You're invincible.*

*Purple font.

• Like 1

Good news on the Covid front.

The FDA rejected Pfizer’s application for Booster shots for the General public.  There is  no evidence that the vaccines aren’t working as intended (to prevent severe illness or death).  Nice to see science prevail.  This doesn’t mean that it won’t be improved for older or immune compromised people later on.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/fda-panel-begins-voting-on-pfizers-covid-booster-doses-rejecting-shots-for-general-public.html

26 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Good news.  Pfizer reports strong efficacy of vaccines in kids 5-11.  No instances of myocarditis were reported.  Adoption of the vaccine will obviate need for masks in children by early 2022.

Probably not ... That's 100 days away ...not to put too fine a point on it. We couldn't get them quietly in line by then. However, if shots are mandated, it's likely many kids will be withheld from school. That is a win win cuz those are a big lump of the reasons schools can't teach over, under, and around class discipline. The learning period is O so fleeting, and completely lost when voices get hardened up. 

Then factor in the AL game at home in Dec rendering you incapable of shot giving and possibly even bloviation may be too much activity. 

I'm sorry to even have to say this but I missed when you transmogrified from scooter swamper to internet doctor. Can you give me a cite to the event? Was there a gender decision made at that same time also?  Forget I asked and PLEASE don't tell.

• Like 1

Early 22 is as many as 200 days away.  I’m no  Internet doctor but it not a matter of dispute that vaccination obviates the need for masks except for rare instances where a person is is prolonged proximity to an immune compromised person (passing by one in a grocery store doesn’t qualify).

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Early 22 is as many as 200 days away.  I’m no  Internet doctor but it not a matter of dispute that vaccination obviates the need for masks except for rare instances where a person is is prolonged proximity to an immune compromised person (passing by one in a grocery store doesn’t qualify).

Sounds doctory to me. Pedantic too. But seriously, I don't follow you but didn't you make some giant fuckup like going maskless somewhere ... and brag about it ... and now you're the Voice of Vaccination? What did I miss? And what's the CFB thread? Tyson or Tebow? 

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I wonder how many people Gaston infected when he visited the gym pre-vaccine?

Heartless, selfish prick.

Hopefully I got a couple, after all one of them infected me. But I can’t be too upset.  We were all taking the same calculated risk and it gave me super immunity.  In my case at least I practiced social distancing otherwise until I was vaccinated so I didn’t infect anyone outside the gym

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Sounds doctory to me. Pedantic too. But seriously, I don't follow you but didn't you make some giant fuckup like going maskless somewhere ... and brag about it ... and now you're the Voice of Vaccination? What did I miss? And what's the CFB thread? Tyson or Tebow? 

He continues to defend going maskless at the gym.

He continues to wish ill on others.

He is a worthless shit.

Just now, Fakenews said:

100% certain you’ve said “fuck the unvaccinated” here.

Hypocrite.

I suggest you make sure you have a cite to back up your allegation, before you utter it.

My comments have been along the lines of "I am having difficulty dredging up much sympathy for those who choose to not get vaccinated."  I continue to stand by that.  That is worlds apart from what you are claiming.

So, now I will do what we do when someone levels an allegation - Put Up or Shut Up.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I suggest you make sure you have a cite to back up your allegation, before you utter it.

My comments have been along the lines of "I am having difficulty dredging up much sympathy for those who choose to not get vaccinated."  I continue to stand by that.  That is worlds apart from what you are claiming.

So, now I will do what we do when someone levels an allegation - Put Up or Shut Up.

Not wading through your hundreds of posts on this thread but you said it and  everyone other than Mikey and the Joke has said it.   Own it loser.

9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Not wading through your hundreds of posts on this thread but you said it and  everyone other than Mikey and the Joke has said it.   Own it loser.

In other words, you cannot back up your allegation with evidence.  You've got nothing.

I doubt anyone will be surprised.

I am open regarding the conflict I feel being a compassionate person and being frustrated by the unwillingness of so very many people to do the right thing - for themselves and others.  I make no apologies for that conflict.

You, on the other hand, are wishing for others to suffer for their decision.  Of course, you made a similar decision in going maskless when it was inadvisable.  That aligns you far more with the deniers you object to.

In the future, make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about before you type.

33 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Hopefully I got a couple, after all one of them infected me. But I can’t be too upset.  We were all taking the same calculated risk and it gave me super immunity.  

Quite an opening statement. And an even stronger conclusion with the super immunity bit.  I'd give it a 9 for conniving chickenshittedness. Can't ever go wrong with underestimating human intelligence  evil ability to rationalize. I'd give this a ten if it was one of those kind of "gyms." A Jim gym with a good goddamn exchange of bodily fluids.

@Cal20sailor ... You really OK with this shit? [Cal sez he loves everybody but that might change when you get purposely coughed on in the face.] Asking for 600K dead Americans who didn't know the details or whom to trust. 

Many thanks to all the folks who continue to make this possible.

Source: Bloomberg

The U.S.’s Covid-19 pandemic could surpass the number of dead in the 1918 influenza pandemic as soon as Monday, a milestone many experts say was avoidable after the arrival of vaccines. 

The U.S. has reported 673,768 deaths since the start of the pandemic, according to Johns Hopkins University data -- just shy of the 675,000 that are estimated to have died a century earlier. The toll has increased by an average of 1,970 a day over the past week. 

The deadly mark approaches despite the widespread availability of Covid-19 vaccines, which were developed in record time in a display of the extraordinary advances in medical science in the past century. The inoculations have been passed up by some 70 million eligible Americans, many of them encouraged by Republican politicians and conservative media. 

“To have so many people who have died with modern medicine is distressing,” said Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Translational Research Institute, who noted there were no ventilators or vaccines in 1918. “The number we are at represents a number that is far worse than it should be in the U.S.”

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-20/covid-19-toll-in-u-s-is-about-to-surpass-1918-pandemic-deaths  

56 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Many thanks to all the folks who continue to make this possible.

Source: Bloomberg

The U.S.’s Covid-19 pandemic could surpass the number of dead in the 1918 influenza pandemic as soon as Monday, a milestone many experts say was avoidable after the arrival of vaccines. 

The U.S. has reported 673,768 deaths since the start of the pandemic, according to Johns Hopkins University data -- just shy of the 675,000 that are estimated to have died a century earlier. The toll has increased by an average of 1,970 a day over the past week. 

The deadly mark approaches despite the widespread availability of Covid-19 vaccines, which were developed in record time in a display of the extraordinary advances in medical science in the past century. The inoculations have been passed up by some 70 million eligible Americans, many of them encouraged by Republican politicians and conservative media. 

“To have so many people who have died with modern medicine is distressing,” said Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Translational Research Institute, who noted there were no ventilators or vaccines in 1918. “The number we are at represents a number that is far worse than it should be in the U.S.”

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-20/covid-19-toll-in-u-s-is-about-to-surpass-1918-pandemic-deaths  

The new Republican Party slogan:  "Eating Our Own Since 1964"

• Like 1
On 9/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, Fakenews said:

Now they’ll be able to easily reference it in snazzy TV ads. “Ask your doctor”

Canada, like nearly all civilized nation-states, forbids TV ads for prescription drugs. 

I think it is only allowed in New Zealand and the US corporatocracy 

Regarding the thread title - some parts more than others.

Take a look at Maryland and Mississippi.  With less than half of the population of Maryland, Mississippi is poised to go zooming past us.  Fucking bass ackwards states making sure this shit lasts longer than it should.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 3.58.49 PM.png

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Regarding the thread title - some parts more than others.

Take a look at Maryland and Mississippi.  With less than half of the population of Maryland, Mississippi is poised to go zooming past us.  Fucking bass ackwards states making sure this shit lasts longer than it should.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 3.58.49 PM.png

There's a pretty good correlation between states currently struggling with Covid and states that are home to SEC teams.

36 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

There's a pretty good correlation between states currently struggling with Covid and states that are home to SEC teams.

On the bright side cases in Southern states are plummeting.  The Delta crest has broken and while the national 7DMA is also dropping case counts will probably go up modestly in states that are home to BIG10 teams over the next few weeks. 

On the bright side cases in Southern states are plummeting.  The Delta crest has broken and while the national 7DMA is also dropping case counts will probably go up modestly in states that are home to BIG10 teams over the next few weeks. 

Are they?

and winter's coming

image.thumb.png.202448f90aaca5fa0d549bac2c88987b.png

18 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Mike Flynn is approaching Randumb levels of weirdness. Now it's vaccine in salad dressing.

Ooo! Oo-Oooo-o!! I gotta awesome idea, Imma give all my money to invest to a guy who thinks there is a conspiracy to put the covid vaccine into salad dressing!

This is a surefire way make even more money than I did with the 9-11 Truther Investment Mgt Co. a while back!

- DSK

18 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Are they?

and winter's coming

image.thumb.png.202448f90aaca5fa0d549bac2c88987b.png

Yeah they are loads actually.  Winter? Big Yawn.  Northern states are highly vaxed even if there is a small spike serious outcomes will be very very rare(for the vaxed).  In the Southern states I’d hazard a well reasoned guess that between those who have been infected and those who’ve been vaxed more than 75% of the population has some level of protection wrt Covid.

6 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Gotta love that +3 from the great state of Florida.  Gov. DeathSentence must be in charge of the counting again.

It all comes out in the wash eventually,  sometimes they report 150 cases.  They can’t hide it, I don’t understand why they’re doing this.

Yeah they are loads actually.  Winter? Big Yawn.  Northern states are highly vaxed even if there is a small spike serious outcomes will be very very rare(for the vaxed).  In the Southern states I’d hazard a well reasoned guess that between those who have been infected and those who’ve been vaxed more than 75% of the population has some level of protection wrt Covid.

Well I hope your reasoning is correct because your daily deaths this september are double what they were last year.

image.thumb.png.78be94787eed352c4c8b8450ac168360.png

Still, if they keep up their current good performance, we could be shed of 180,000 of them by Nthinew Year's Eve.

Not something to sneeze at.

Let’s face it,  this Delta surge (which has already crested) is the last COVID surge we’ll see.  Good news!

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scott-gottlieb-delta-covid-wave-could-be-the-last-major-surge-of-the-pandemic/

I think on the back end of this delta wave, we’re going to have so much immunity in the population — either vaccination or people who acquire immunity — that we’re unlikely to see a very dense wave of infection this fall, late fall and winter, unless we get a new variant that pierces the immunity offered by vaccination. I think on the back end of this delta wave, this may be our last major surge of coronavirus before we settle into a more season, endemic pattern with this virus.

I think on the back end of this delta wave, we’re going to have so much immunity in the population — either vaccination or people who acquire immunity — that we’re unlikely to see a very dense wave of infection this fall, late fall and winter, unless we get a new variant that pierces the immunity offered by vaccination. I think on the back end of this delta wave, this may be our last major surge of coronavirus before we settle into a more season, endemic pattern with this virus.

That would be nice.  However, if more of these idiots don't get the jab, and folks continue to skip masks and gather in large crowds, there is a very good possibility we will get exactly that.  A new variant.

Good and bad news.

The delta surge has crested and shattered on the shore in Florida.  The state is now averaging only 8,000 cases a day down from the low 20’s.  Deaths are dropping too and will soon precipitously fall off a cliff.  The drop in cases in the southern states is so large that any increase in the northern states won’t be enough to offset them. In point of fact the 7DMA of cases has fallen from 166K to 122K or 25% since the 2nd (the crest I predicted to the day).

Bad news is fewer dumbshits are dying, and all these dumbshits will forget Desantis’s piss poor performance in 2024

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/09/24/covid-19-deaths-infections-continue-to-fall-in-florida/

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

In point of fact the 7DMA of cases has fallen from 166K to 122K or 25% since the 2nd (the crest I predicted to the day).

Are you sure your mom didn't have a fling with shitstain?  Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back

1 hour ago, random. said:

650,000 dead people in the US.

Say 80 Kg average weight (M/F).

= 52,000 metric tonnes of dead people.

Fuck.

If you laid them head to tail in 2m intervals they would be 104 Km long.

Maybe we should line the highways with one antivaxxer for every covid death as audible rumble strips.

That would give me enormous pleasure. 

47 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It's true, there is no blanket DNR across the state. But each hospital is now free to put that in place if necessary.

Amazing to think we are "there".  I think back to the GOP talking point of "death panels" and am stunned to see them come to fruition.  Like often happens, karma is biting them in the ass.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Amazing to think we are "there".  I think back to the GOP talking point of "death panels" and am stunned to see them come to fruition.  Like often happens, karma is biting them in the ass.

Even more than being stunned that it's happening, they refuse to 1) admit it's happening then 2) refuse to go to the ER as they think hospitals are killing patients as they get more money if the patient dies of COVID. 

The crazy is winning. 

On 9/26/2021 at 3:24 AM, random. said:

650,000 dead people in the US.

Say 80 Kg average weight (M/F).

= 52,000 metric tonnes of dead people.

Fuck.

If you laid them head to tail in 2m intervals they would be 104 Km long.

News must take awhile to go down under - the US passed 700,000 and will be over 705,000 by the end of the day.  So much winning.  Go Idaho! 

18 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Even more than being stunned that it's happening, they refuse to 1) admit it's happening then 2) refuse to go to the ER as they think hospitals are killing patients as they get more money if the patient dies of COVID. 

The crazy is winning. 

The loons staying out of the hospitals is a win-win. Let them stay home and expire surrounded by their families.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Gonna have to re-scale the Y axis.  WV is reporting 64 deaths in the last 24 hours.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 2.50.24 PM.png

You love to dig for the bad news.  I suspect you are going to be very unhappy with the cascade of good news Wrt Covid abatement in the US that is about to be reported. 

Just a tease.  The Rt in WV is .70 so deaths will soon be sky rocketing downward.  Also the case count in the US almost fell below 100K yesterday and the 7DMA is down 33% from the crest.  

Let’s face it since late June this has been a pandemic of the unvaxed.  That impacted the righteously vaxed only in the sense that it taxed health care workers and tied up health care resources.  It’s also had a dampening effect on the economy.  The state of play now is that COVID is endemic, yet it is also is fading away just like the Spanish Flu did.  Sure a couple of hundred morans will die every day for a little while longer that’s not a bad thing! 

But if you’re vaxed? Live your life. Get a booster if you are at risk.  Travel, entertain, go to packed stadiums and concerts and restaurants.  Burn your mask, you don’t need it anymore.

24 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

You love to dig for the bad news.  I suspect you are going to be very unhappy with the cascade of good news Wrt Covid abatement in the US that is about to be reported. 

Just a tease.  The Rt in WV is .70 so deaths will soon be sky rocketing downward.  Also the case count in the US almost fell below 100K yesterday and the 7DMA is down 33% from the crest.  

Let’s face it since late June this has been a pandemic of the unvaxed.  That impacted the righteously vaxed only in the sense that it taxed health care workers and tied up health care resources.  It’s also had a dampening effect on the economy.  The state of play now is that COVID is endemic, yet it is also is fading away just like the Spanish Flu did.  Sure a couple of hundred morans will die every day for a little while longer that’s not a bad thing! 

But if you’re vaxed? Live your life. Get a booster if you are at risk.  Travel, entertain, go to packed stadiums and concerts and restaurants.  Burn your mask, you don’t need it anymore.

Sharing data.  You seem to not understand that.

As for "sky rocketing downward", well, your lack of coherence is clear.

And, for anyone who pays attention, the case counts are always low on a Monday, following the weekend lag in reporting.  This has bee3n pointed out so many times you are choosing to be willfully ignorant of that fact.

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sharing data.  You seem to not understand that.

As for "sky rocketing downward", well, your lack of coherence is clear.

And, for anyone who pays attention, the case counts are always low on a Monday, following the weekend lag in reporting.  This has bee3n pointed out so many times you are choosing to be willfully ignorant of that fact.

You are a twat who is incapable of understanding how moving averages work.  Also, yesterday day was Tuesday you moran.

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

You are a twat who is incapable of understanding how moving averages work.  Also, yesterday day was Tuesday you moran.

And, just when do you think they reported for publication on Tuesday?  That'd be Monday.

Seriously, Gaston.  You should stick to mopeds, the Playboy Mansion, and Tebow's jockstrap.

The only thing "sky rocketing downward" is your credibility.  How low can it/you go?

55 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

jeebus man. Why do you think the numbers are going down? Even the unvaxxed are scared, which is why restaurants are dying again, etc. Give them all 3-4 months, and they'll be back at it again, and COVID will smack them down, again. 

18 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

jeebus man. Why do you think the numbers are going down? Even the unvaxxed are scared, which is why restaurants are dying again, etc. Give them all 3-4 months, and they'll be back at it again, and COVID will smack them down, again. 

No one is scared here.  Restaurants are killing it, the Clapton concert was jammed.  The Gator Bama game was standing room only.  Numbers are going down because Covid is running it’s course.  Fuel is running out.  We have a template for this in the Spanish Flu, only this time we have an incredibly effective vaccine.  Pandemics don’t go on and on and on.  Viruses don’t continuously evolve into more and more lethal variants (quite the opposite).  I called the corner correctly , I called the Delta crest and We are close to closing the book on Covid.

No one is scared here.  Restaurants are killing it, the Clapton concert was jammed.  The Gator Bama game was standing room only.  Numbers are going down because Covid is running it’s course.  Fuel is running out.  We have a template for this in the Spanish Flu, only this time we have an incredibly effective vaccine.  Pandemics don’t go on and on and on.  Viruses don’t continuously evolve into more and more lethal variants (quite the opposite).  I called the corner correctly , I called the Delta crest and We are close to closing the book on Covid.

That is woefully false.

~160 million vaccinated + ~45 million recovered cases - people who have had it AND gotten vaccinated, ? million = <205 million

That is less than 2/3 of the US population so there is another hundred million to go.

Plenty of fuel left for this fire.

- DSK

20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

That is woefully false.

~160 million vaccinated + ~45 million recovered cases - people who have had it AND gotten vaccinated, ? million = <205 million

That is less than 2/3 of the US population so there is another hundred million to go.

Plenty of fuel left for this fire.

- DSK

Your math is way off.

Start with 175M vaxed

Add:

Children Gottieb says for every case reported it’s likely 10 went uncounted. Math says 40M+

40M  positive (adult) cases = likely two to three times not counted  -say 100M

That’s over 300M

The remaining 20-40M unvaxed are just enough fuel to support 200-350 dead a week.  Low enough that no one will give a fuck about it in relatively short order.