US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW, I gave Mikey a time out, which will be the same response anyone gets for calling the coronavirus response measures 'hysteria' or peddling misinformation that could hurt someone.

I'm day 9 of symptoms and still in the middle if it. Let me tell you,  getting a viral load from convience store handle much less than getting it from being in a maskless patients face coughing on you

For a couple of years I thought Trump was the problem but increasingly I am thinking that the problem is actually that there are just so many dumb American voters who eat up this sort of crap. There s

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Vaccines are against the will of God.

FKT

I'm glad someone still gets the newsletter so we know what is good or bad. He must have missed the issue where sexual harassment was listed.

23 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He must have missed the issue where sexual harassment was listed.

Was that the one he 'wrestled' with?  IIRC, it was beyond harassment, the team doctor liked to play with pee pees.

I got a hologramed vaccine certificate today. It's a federal government certificate linked to a state government mandatory check in App.

All vaccinations here are recorded on our national commy healthcare records.

Frankly, I don't know how you guys can possibly be getting reliable information about Covid numbers whether that be testing numbers, infection numbers, deaths etc when you apparently have no centralized and nationally accurate data bases.

Does anyone believe the numbers coming out of India are even 50% accurate? 

Well how are yours any better?

• Like 1
On 10/13/2021 at 12:36 AM, ShortForBob said:

I got a hologramed vaccine certificate today. It's a federal government certificate linked to a state government mandatory check in App.

All vaccinations here are recorded on our national commy healthcare records.

Frankly, I don't know how you guys can possibly be getting reliable information about Covid numbers whether that be testing numbers, infection numbers, deaths etc when you apparently have no centralized and nationally accurate data bases.

Does anyone believe the numbers coming out of India are even 50% accurate? 

Well how are yours any better?

Meaning the US?

Yeah, highly suspect numbers as they are actively being suppressed in certain areas. We'll have to look at "excess deaths" in a year or so.

Right now I'm reading Michael Lewis's "The Premonition" about the Covid Cassandras . . 

They are very tough on the CDC, Drumph, and for-profit health care. 

Lewis spins a good yarn 

image.jpeg.330f942c15933d27ec61508d5d655775.jpeg

Florida, Alabama No Longer Reporting Daily Coronavirus Data

More than a year into the pandemic, the states have begun updating their case, death and vaccination data less frequently.

Just now, learningJ24 said:

Florida, Alabama No Longer Reporting Daily Coronavirus Data

More than a year into the pandemic, the states have begun updating their case, death and vaccination data less frequently.

Old news. That's from June.

10 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

It is, but it points to the games being played with the data.  Since the CDC used to take it's information from the state's reporting dashboards and those aren't being updated daily, the claims are more suspect than previously. 

OK, you explain this to Fakenews, the rest of us have given up.

When presented with incontrovertible evidence of a waning pandemic some fear merchants call the data fake, misleading or incomplete. They’re like Trumpaloons on November 3rd.

SAD!

The fact is COVID is waning all over not just the US.

Here is some good news from Israel.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/with-boosters-masks-green-pass-israel-sees-covid-19-wave-retreat-2021-10-15/

Worried about packed football games being super spreader events?  Don’t be, it’s nonsense.  Ditto for bars and restaurants, probably due to high vax rates.

From the scientists at U of Florida…

https://news.ufl.edu/2021/10/no-covid-spikes-from-football/

edit to add public health officials just can’t help themselves.  All the data aside they still suggest wearing a mask.  Even if you are  vaxed and outside.  It’s such BS.  I was at the Bama game. 90K people no one was wearing a mask.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Worried about packed football games being super spreader events?  Don’t be, it’s nonsense.  Ditto for bars and restaurants, probably due to high vax rates.

edit to add public health officials just can’t help themselves.  All the data aside they still suggest wearing a mask.  Even if you are  vaxed and outside.  It’s such BS.  I was at the Bama game. 90K people no one was wearing a mask.

And the incubation period is?

5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

So, you were at a game with 90,000 people who are selfish pricks, like you.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Watching their exchanges reminds me of the game show on idiocracy, “Ow, My Balls!”

Some folks on the stupid aisle in Twitter are commenting on how Doocy is really putting it to her. Um....OK sure. :blink:

Just a brief bit of good news and a reminder that CoOVID is in full retreat in the US t as the pandemic wanes.  The daily average count is at 75k down from the peak of 165K.  In Florida where the crest was earlier, reported case counts have fallen nearly 90% from the peak and CoVID hospitalizations now account for only 4% of all beds with only 600 or so in the ICU. The fuel is running out.

Time to get back to normal.  I fully support individual businesses and governments implementing vaccine mandates but otherwise end all restrictions (to the extent the exist) relating to social distancing or mask wearing (looking at you TSA).  Let the willingly unvaxed die.  

Marine Corps announces career-ending consequences for Marines refusing to get COVID vaccine

The United States MARINES take no prisoners.

The Marine Corps’ list of consequences for Marines who fail to get vaccinated for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a reminder that USMC stands for “You Signed the Motherf—king Contract!” 

Active-duty Marines have to get vaccinated by Nov. 28 and Reserve Marines must be immunized by Dec. 28, according to Marine Corps Administrative Message (MARADMIN) 612/21. For any Marines who think that these deadlines are no big deal, the MARADMIN is a rude awakening. 

“Marines refusing the COVID-19 vaccination, absent an approved administrative or medical exemption, religious accommodation, or pending appeal shall be processed for administrative separation IAW (in accordance with) this MARADMIN and supporting references,” the MARADMIN says. “General Court-Martial Convening Authorities (GCMCA) retain authority to take any additional adverse administrative or disciplinary action they deem appropriate.” 

According to the message, the severe consequences are because Marines who are not vaccinated by the deadlines and do not have an exemption approved or pending will have “willfully disobeyed a lawful order from a superior commissioned officer.” 

As such, any Marines who refuse to get vaccinated will not deploy; they will not be allowed to reenlist; and they will not be promoted, in addition to being involuntarily separated, the MARADMIN says. 

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine-corps-covid-vaccine-refuse-consequences/ 

53 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Marine Corps announces career-ending consequences for Marines refusing to get COVID vaccine

The United States MARINES take no prisoners.

The Marine Corps’ list of consequences for Marines who fail to get vaccinated for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a reminder that USMC stands for “You Signed the Motherf—king Contract!” 

Active-duty Marines have to get vaccinated by Nov. 28 and Reserve Marines must be immunized by Dec. 28, according to Marine Corps Administrative Message (MARADMIN) 612/21. For any Marines who think that these deadlines are no big deal, the MARADMIN is a rude awakening. 

“Marines refusing the COVID-19 vaccination, absent an approved administrative or medical exemption, religious accommodation, or pending appeal shall be processed for administrative separation IAW (in accordance with) this MARADMIN and supporting references,” the MARADMIN says. “General Court-Martial Convening Authorities (GCMCA) retain authority to take any additional adverse administrative or disciplinary action they deem appropriate.” 

According to the message, the severe consequences are because Marines who are not vaccinated by the deadlines and do not have an exemption approved or pending will have “willfully disobeyed a lawful order from a superior commissioned officer.” 

As such, any Marines who refuse to get vaccinated will not deploy; they will not be allowed to reenlist; and they will not be promoted, in addition to being involuntarily separated, the MARADMIN says. 

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine-corps-covid-vaccine-refuse-consequences/ 

They can all go and be cops in Floriduh.

Good news!  The FDA has recommended approval for Pfizer’s vaccine in children 5-11.  This is the final nail in the rapidly waning COVID pandemic and the ushering in of the endemic stage which we can all live with without any special precautions.  

In a related note average case counts have tumble to 40% of the high.

Interesting tidbit from CNBC just now.  Based on surveillance blood testing,  45% of children 5-11 have already been exposed to COVID.  I’d like to see that # for adults and children 12-18.  I bet it’s in the 50’s and upper 70’s respectively.

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

In the category of "How stupid do you have to be?" I present

Someone dug that out of the Twitter account of "Rep. Jack Kimble", a fake Congressman from the 54th District in California (California has 53 Districts).  It's more of a spoof site, getting digs in at the folks on the right.

52 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Someone dug that out of the Twitter account of "Rep. Jack Kimble", a fake Congressman from the 54th District in California (California has 53 Districts).  It's more of a spoof site, getting digs in at the folks on the right.

It's scary that it's entirely believable. There are a lot of people out there that are that stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been very quiet recently.  Some people just can’t handle wood news about the pandemic.  

It appears that not only is the pandemic waning but that we are at its end.  This is apparent from casual observation and Dr. Gottlieb agrees.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/dr-scott-gottlieb-proclaims-new-pfizer-covid-drug-marks-the-end-of-the-pandemic/

I think the bottom line is the end of the end of the pandemic‚ as least as it relates to the United States, is in sight right now — given that we have the tools to combat this disease,” Gottlieb said.

The former FDA commissioner and current Pfizer board member did add the caveat that “we still have to get through this Delta wave,” and that might take two months. But the arrival of this new drug, along with a therapeutic produced by Merck, will ultimately be a watershed moment.

“I think that this therapeutic and the other innovations that we’ve seen coming to market really mark the end of the pandemic in the United States,” Gottlieb said. “And we need to think how we put that victory sign on the side of the White House, and we 

13 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

This thread has been very quiet recently.  Some people just can’t handle wood news about the pandemic.  

It appears that not only is the pandemic waning but that we are at its end.  This is apparent from casual observation and Dr. Gottlieb agrees.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/dr-scott-gottlieb-proclaims-new-pfizer-covid-drug-marks-the-end-of-the-pandemic/

I think the bottom line is the end of the end of the pandemic‚ as least as it relates to the United States, is in sight right now — given that we have the tools to combat this disease,” Gottlieb said.

The former FDA commissioner and current Pfizer board member did add the caveat that “we still have to get through this Delta wave,” and that might take two months. But the arrival of this new drug, along with a therapeutic produced by Merck, will ultimately be a watershed moment.

“I think that this therapeutic and the other innovations that we’ve seen coming to market really mark the end of the pandemic in the United States,” Gottlieb said. “And we need to think how we put that victory sign on the side of the White House, and we 

Lets see how the winter goes. We've gone through a lot since we were talking about that one guy from China. 

9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Ya, that drug is amazing news and I hope it holds.  

The only downside I see is people thinking they won't need to get vaccinated because there is a treatment like that. 

My school's faculty is now 100% vaccinated due to a mandate and 90% of our students are too. I am hosting a pop up vaccine clinic at the school for our younger students and community members.   

• Like 4

I think the bottom line is the end of the end of the pandemic‚ as least as it relates to the United States

So the 11 day average in the USA is 1165 !!!!!    Holly shit that is still bad.    So a pandemic of airplanes falling out of the sky at a rate of 2-5 a day would be the "end of the end" to you?   Everyone went apeshit about a few hundred dying from Boeings software error.....   now imagine years of that everyday, just in the USA.

25 minutes ago, solosailor said:

So the 11 day average in the USA is 1165 !!!!!    Holly shit that is still bad.    So a pandemic of airplanes falling out of the sky at a rate of 2-5 a day would be the "end of the end" to you?   Everyone went apeshit about a few hundred dying from Boeings software error.....   now imagine years of that everyday, just in the USA.

Why would you imagine “years” of that going forward?  Are you writing a horror movie?  That’s just silly.  A look at the CDC site show daily  death rates are dropping 10% every week from the peak of over 2K.

4 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Ya, that drug is amazing news and I hope it holds.  

The only downside I see is people thinking they won't need to get vaccinated because there is a treatment like that. 

My school's faculty is now 100% vaccinated due to a mandate and 90% of our students are too. I am hosting a pop up vaccine clinic at the school for our younger students and community members.   

Oh, I wish we had numbers like that.  I am assuming we have a 100% vaxx rate for admin/faculty/staff, as we just had a deadline pass.  One instructor retired so as to not get the shot.  The rest of us soldier on.

Our reported student vaxx rate is slightly above 50%.  I say that as many of our students seem to be reluctant to share their info.  The District has said they have to show proof of vaccination status or be tested weekly, either at school or on their own.  But, there is no protocol for tracking and we have been informed there is nothing that would happen if we became aware a student was not complying. 

As a HS, all of our students have been eligible for quite some time.

36 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, I wish we had numbers like that.  I am assuming we have a 100% vaxx rate for admin/faculty/staff, as we just had a deadline pass.  One instructor retired so as to not get the shot.  The rest of us soldier on.

Our reported student vaxx rate is slightly above 50%.  I say that as many of our students seem to be reluctant to share their info.  The District has said they have to show proof of vaccination status or be tested weekly, either at school or on their own.  But, there is no protocol for tracking and we have been informed there is nothing that would happen if we became aware a student was not complying. 

As a HS, all of our students have been eligible for quite some time.

Weird.  The school nurse should know.   We have to check all required immunizations.   She/he wouldn't share info with teachers, but the nurse should know.   

13 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Weird.  The school nurse should know.   We have to check all required immunizations.   She/he wouldn't share info with teachers, but the nurse should know.   

Our District made clear we may collect info from only those who wish to share.  If they do not want to share, they should be getting tested on a weekly basis.  But, there is no protocol for tracking this, and no penalty if it is not followed.  Sort an unenforceable mandate.

Got "boosted" on Friday afternoon.  Moderna, same as my 2 shots in Jan/Feb.  Quickly developed a headache.  Then, the chills and bodyaches set in.  Spent Saturday under a blanket in the den, watching "The Office".  Woke this morning feeling whatever passes for normal.  Amazing how it hits and disappears so suddenly.  Hoping that indicates an "enthusiastic" response (how a friend describes it).

My wife, who was a part of the Astra-Zeneca study at Hopkins (she was vaxxed a year ago), has been asking them to make a recommendation.  Finally, they said "go ahead and get what you can", so she got the Moderna boost, as well.  The big quetion was whether she should get a full dose of Moderna or the 50% booster.  A bunch of phone calls later led to her getting the half-dose booster.  This is rather interesting, as JHU requires international students get the full regimen of the 3 currently accepted in the US, regardless of whether they have received vaccines abroad.  She also got her first shingles shot.  Other than 2 very sore arms, no real effects.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:10 PM, Fakenews said:

Good news!
International travel resumes as the pandemic in the US ends.  Hopefully TSA gets their head out of their ass and revokes the now deeply silly mask mandates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/07/retailers-hail-lifting-of-travel-ban-return-of-international-tourists-with-hopes-of-sales-rebound.html

Just FYI, our little UK sales team are all bedridden due to Covid - all are breakthrough infections. They likely won't die, but from the sounds of it, it's no picnic and worse than a flu. How did they get it? Trade show in Germany, no masks. 

Wear your f'ing mask. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Just FYI, our little UK sales team are all bedridden due to Covid - all are breakthrough infections. They likely won't die, but from the sounds of it, it's no picnic and worse than a flu. How did they get it? Trade show in Germany, no masks. 

Wear your f'ing mask. 

Meh.  Covid is not worse than the flu if you’ve been vaccinated.  The pandemic is ending and I’m super immune,  the potential payoff of wearing a mask is insufficient to get me to wear one.  I certainly don’t during flu season.

I’ll be watching the CDC I suspect they have an agenda which will include mask wearing into 22 so as to blunt flu season.  Nonsense really.

31 minutes ago, Fakenews said:
1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Wear your f'ing mask. 

Meh.  Covid is not worse than the flu if you’ve been vaccinated.  The pandemic is ending and I’m super immune,  the potential payoff of wearing a mask is insufficient to get me to wear one.  I certainly don’t during flu season.

I’ll be watching the CDC I suspect they have an agenda which will include mask wearing into 22 so as to blunt flu season.  Nonsense really.

Based on your incorrect assertion regarding severity in vaccinated individuals, you clearly don't know the meaning of the bolded words in Raz'r's post.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Based on your incorrect assertion regarding severity in vaccinated individuals, you clearly don't know the meaning of the bolded words in Raz'r's post.

The pandemic is ending all over the place but you should still bitterly cling to your mask.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/country-by-country-scientists-eye-beginning-an-end-covid-19-pandemic-2021-11-03/

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

The pandemic is ending all over the place but you should still bitterly cling to your mask.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/country-by-country-scientists-eye-beginning-an-end-covid-19-pandemic-2021-11-03/

You couldn't reply to the error I pointed out.  So, you try to change the subject.  Typical.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

You couldn't reply to the error I pointed out.  So, you try to change the subject.  Typical.

FakeDoctor has too much of his own ego wrapped up in being right about all this to admit error. As Raz'r's post specifies first-hand information that conflicts with his opinion, he rejects the non-conforming information.

Yeah, typical.

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Covid is not worse than the flu if you’ve been vaccinated.

I've got a friend in NYC. She was double vaxxed and recently got a booster. She's mid 40's, in good shape and got Covid. She ended up in the ER where she was given monoclonal antibodies and was sent home.

She says it's the worst she has ever felt (and she's had shingles too). Absolutely sucks. Comes in waves; some days are worse than others etc. Avoid it all you can.

I've had the flu a few times and yeah - a few days in bed feeling awful. But not weeks of misery that she is experiencing.

1 minute ago, Zonker said:

I've got a friend in NYC. She was double vaxxed and recently got a booster. She's mid 40's, in good shape and got Covid. She ended up in the ER where she was given monoclonal antibodies and was sent home.

She says it's the worst she has ever felt (and she's had shingles too). Absolutely sucks. Comes in waves; some days are worse than others etc. Avoid it all you can.

I've had the flu a few times and yeah - a few days in bed feeling awful. But not weeks of misery that she is experiencing.

Yeah, the 2 that have it worse right now of my co-workers are basically bedridden and getting some of the treatments that have been developed. Fortunately no need to be hospitalized.

Just now, Raz'r said:

Yeah, the 2 that have it worse right now of my co-workers are basically bedridden and getting some of the treatments that have been developed. Fortunately no need to be hospitalized.

They are mid-40s. One is male, great shape. One is female, and a normal healthy person.

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Wut?  Breakthrough infections are well known and cases of infection are known to be much milder. Exceptions to the rule always can be found and some people will need a boosters shot  but so what?  Covid is now endemic and as long as you’re vaccinated you can live with that just fine without a mask.

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Wut?  Breakthrough infections are well known and cases of infection are known to be much milder. Exceptions to the rule always can be found and some people will need a boosters shot  but so what?  Covid is now endemic and as long as you’re vaccinated you can live with that just fine without a mask.

Typical Gator behavior.  He spoke of "breakthrough infections (meaning the individuals were vaxxed) and you responded, having completely missed the point.  Stick to the gym, and hanging outside the Playboy Mansion.

7 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Fukednews. Use your special research tools to examine the death toll in counties that TFG won STRONGLY, compared to the ones that he lost, STRONGLY. 3:1 ratio. Smart Autocrats kill the others supporters.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Typical Gator behavior.  He spoke of "breakthrough infections (meaning the individuals were vaxxed) and you responded, having completely missed the point.  Stick to the gym, and hanging outside the Playboy Mansion.

And making predictions on Gator football.  If UF wins out, and Michigan loses out, Michigan will have the better record.  You obviously know shit about CFB or immunology.  Vaccinated people are still dying, not quite "as long as you’re vaccinated you can live with that just fine without a mask."  And FFS, don't say you're super immune again.

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

And making predictions on Gator football.  If UF wins out, and Michigan loses out, Michigan will have the better record.  You obviously know shit about CFB or immunology.  Vaccinated people are still dying, not quite "as long as you’re vaccinated you can live with that just fine without a mask."  And FFS, don't say you're super immune again.

I won’t mention my super immunity again except to say that you may feel the need to wear a mask but for me it’s contra indicated.

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I won’t mention my super immunity again except to say that you may feel the need to wear a mask but for me it’s contra indicated.

I wear one to protect others, not me.  I also wear it to encourage others to do the same.  Have you ever heard the word altruism, because you sure don't understand it.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I wear one to protect others, not me.  I also wear it to encourage others to do the same.  Have you ever heard the word altruism, because you sure don't understand it.

I do understand altruism and I practiced it by socially distancing and masking prior to me being infected and vaxed.   I guess where we differ  is that I’m not concerned with protecting the willingly unvaxed and there is no need to protect the vaxed.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I do understand altruism and I practiced it by socially distancing and masking prior to me being infected and vaxed.   I guess where we differ  is that I’m not concerned with protecting the willingly unvaxed and there is no need to protect the vaxed.

Not to mention the people who cannot be vaxxed.  But, you are on record how that is all on them.

• Like 1