Free Peterson 1/2 Tonner - Scorpion

Who wants my boat? I've gotten my money's worth in adventure in shelter. Kinda don't want this floating liability as I move back onto land and start attending school again. First choice is my brother but I'd rather give it to someone with the funds to get her done up nice. I know @Editor was interested in 2011, figure it's fine to put this here given the thread before.

Boat is in need if new motor bank, headstay foil, and some other fixes. 

20191117_115110.jpg.8d6e8b0118e46a5b208762b266299b93.thumb.jpg.4287a7f54fb54abde43d800d17b10154.jpg

• Downvote 5
39 minutes ago, ROADKILL666 said:

Where are you located?

Half Moon Bay, CA

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

What a guy! What a story! 

Color us all surprised.

Lol, I'm sure you're quite the stud in your mind Mr. Krabz. I've decided to finish up my education, shame on me.

I'm interested in giving the boat away for a number of reasons, the biggest being that excessive regulation and bureaucracy here in the Golden State makes boat ownership a pita and even more costly than one expects elsewhere. I could put it up for sale and try to recuperate the nearly $7k I've put into it but I honestly don't care to deal with selling a boat. I figure someone here with the skill and funds to get her racing again can scoop her up or I'll toss her to a harbor tweaker if no cares to save her.

Will help sail her up or down the coast if need be.

• Downvote 4
7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

What a guy! What a story! 

Color us all surprised.

Honestly, you're such a haughty fucking idiot that it makes me laugh. I can only imagine the excuse of a person behind the keyboard. 

• Downvote 4
10 minutes ago, FishFood said:

Honestly, you're such a haughty fucking idiot that it makes me laugh. I can only imagine the excuse of a person behind the keyboard. 

Now c'mon FF.  He's an old crabby Blue Crab but he's still our Blue Crab.  He is so old, that whatever meat is under that carapace is probably tough and stringy so he's not really worth much, but he's occasionally entertaining and probably one of the oldest folks here. 

Show a little respect for your elders son, it could be you someday, if you don't do something totally foolish first.  Like sail an old racing boat up the California coast without knowing much about sailing.  Oh, never mind, you already did that.  And you survived.  And you managed to avoid that greasy fuck Al Paca, and that cougar Need a Clew, so there's that.  You might live to be Crab's age with a little more luck like that!

Have fun in school.  Please don't study anything useful, what fun would that be.

As my daughter told me once years ago when she was about 8 years old, "Life is like a big lemon and you have to squeeze all of the juice out of it."  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, FishFood said:

Who wants my boat? I've gotten my money's worth in adventure in shelter. Kinda don't want this floating liability as I move back onto land and start attending school again. First choice is my brother but I'd rather give it to someone with the funds to get her done up nice. I know @Editor was interested in 2011, figure it's fine to put this here given the thread before.

Boat is in need if new motor bank, headstay foil, and some other fixes. 

20191117_115110.jpg.8d6e8b0118e46a5b208762b266299b93.thumb.jpg.4287a7f54fb54abde43d800d17b10154.jpg

Nice looking boat!

FF, most everyone here knew you were full o shit when you showed up. Ya got lucky like I said early on but there's nothing surprising about how this turned out for you.

One thing that comes with education is humility. Embrace it bud. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

FF, most everyone here knew you were full o shit when you showed up. Ya got lucky like I said early on but there's nothing surprising about how this turned out for you.

One thing that comes with education is humility. Embrace it bud. 

How was I full of shit? I posted about what I was going to do and did it. I suspect you're losing your faculties with age, a fine thing but you are seeming like an old grumpy dog that ought to be put down. You literally have no idea about who I am and probably take half of what I say the wrong way (refer back to your degradation). Perhaps you should take a lesson from someone like Hunter S. Thompson and blow your fucking brain out as it seems to be failing you. Yes, I mean this in the most hateful of ways because I despise individuals like you. I understand where the fuck I stand in this world but I have a serious doubt that you do, you act so other but you're a fucking fraud. You're as human as anyone else and if anyone has a lack of humility, it's the stupid fucker who looks downward at another for their failure tl play out your idea of how things should go. Literally blow your old fucking brains out, your family will get over it within the week. I will do the same if I ever reach such levels of stupidity.

Now I understand why my dad put my old dog down. It's fine to be old. It's not fine to use that as some excuse to be a fucking idiot. Sorry not fucking sorry.

• Downvote 4

I was about to delete that but fuck you and fuck anyone who thinks they aren't hateful and angry sometimes. It's often you well doers that are the most blatant in their negative human tendencies.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
2 minutes ago, FishFood said:

How was I full of shit? I posted about what I was going to do and did it. I suspect you're losing your faculties with age, a fine thing but you are seeming like an old grumpy dog that ought to be put down. You literally have no idea about who I am and probably take half of what I say the wrong way (refer back to your degradation). Perhaps you should take a lesson from someone like Hunter S. Thompson and blow you're fucking brain out as it seems to be failing you. Yes, I mean this in the most hateful of ways because I despise individuals like you. I understand where the fuck I stand in this world but I have a serious doubt that you do, you act so other but your a fucking fraud. You're as human as anyone else and if anyone has a lack of humility, it's the stupid fucker who looks downward at another for their failure tl play out your idea of how things should go. Literally blow your old fucking brains out, your family will get over it within the week. I will do the same if I ever reach such levels of stupidity.

Know I understand why my dad put my old dog down. It's fine to be old. It's not fine to use that as some excuse to be a fucking idiot. Sorry not fucking sorry.

Sigh.

• Like 5
Just now, Rasputin22 said:

So, I take it that you are not going to give your free boat to Blue Crab???

Not unless he sets sail around the world with it, can't say I won't loosen the thru-hull fittings.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

FF,

I've enjoyed your thread and adventures here and if I was on the West Coast I would be getting in line for your boat. But sadly those days are long gone for me but I would like to nominate a young fellow on the Left Coast who would be a worthy guy to keep that fine design from the boneyard. He bought a plastic something or other that he likes sailing and racing but your boat would be a much better match for him. He also happens to work for a boat builder who would also be helpful in any restoration efforts that he might take on. I'll give him a heads up so hope you hear from him soon.

Best of luck back in school or whatever comes you way.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, FishFood said:

Yeah, it's ok Ed. You have been just as angry and hateful too. It's only human. 

Oh, no doubt, I can get very angry and hateful.  And you're right, it is a very human thing.  

I like to hang out with young people, I find them far better company then people my age and the young uns seem to enjoy my company as well.  One reason I think they like me is because I don't shake my finger at them and say, "When I was your age..."  Instead, I tell them stories and somewhere in the story, is a little message about life.  They either find it some day or not.  That and I show young people respect and listen to them because in my callow youth I had run across a few old folks that did that and I liked it. 

Old folks can impart some wisdom, there isn't much new about human behavior in the last several hundred millennia and even old, blue crabs can offer insights even if they do do it so subtly.  

I like your spirit, I like your attitude.  I think you have potential.  You just be you, as I'm sure you will.  Pain is the best teacher I ever knew.  And I am still learning.

• Like 3

I appreciate the sensible sentiment. Perhaps I am foolish in making my anger transparent but I think saying I was full of shit when I was nothing but honest and did exactly what I set out to do is plain idiocy. As is declaring me deficient in humility when thou is blatently speaking above me. Basically, Blue Crab is a crusty prick yet thinks he's really great or at least thinks less of me. I think either shows he's indeed a crusty prick and therefore equal but uglier. 

• Downvote 4
2 minutes ago, FishFood said:

I appreciate the sensible sentiment. Perhaps I am foolish in making my anger transparent but I think saying I was full of shit when I was nothing but honest and did exactly what I say out to do is plain idiocy. As is declaring me deficient in humility when thou is blatently speaking above me. Basically, Blue Crab is a crusty prick yet thinks he's really great or at least thinks less of me. I think either shows he's indeed a crusty prick and therefore equal but uglier. 

And you are probably right.

I am guilty of taking this place far too seriously, far too often.  So I won't be presumptuous enough to tell you not to.

But If I ever figure out how to not do it so often, I'll pass the info on if you like.

1 minute ago, Pro looper said:

FF Looper here, hope things are well if you get back to Santa Cruz check in maybe we can go for a sail

PL. 

That would be awesome. Will message you.

Thinking I'll buy a Laser or something to sail in the bay. I've pretty much moved back onto land in San Jose. 

• Downvote 4

If you don't find a taker, donate it to one of the YC foundations - Maybe HMB has one. They usually have a network and find boats good homes.

35 minutes ago, FishFood said:

That would be awesome. Will message you.

Thinking I'll buy a Laser or something to sail in the bay. I've pretty much moved back onto land in San Jose. 

If you're going to SJ State, the Wednesday night series in Redwood City starts soon, and there are a couple fun boats that are always looking for crew.

Somehow this thread reminded me of a joke I heard a couple years back:

------------------------------

An old sea captain was sitting on a bench near the wharf when a young man walked up and sat down. The young man had spiked hair and each spike was a different color – green, red, orange, blue, and yellow.

The young man, noticing that the captain was staring at him, turned to him and said “What’s the matter old timer—never done anything wild in your life?”

The old captain snorted. “Sure. I got drunk once and married a parrot. I was just wondering if you were my son!”

12 hours ago, krikkitman said:

Somehow this thread reminded me of a joke I heard a couple years back:

------------------------------

An old sea captain was sitting on a bench near the wharf when a young man walked up and sat down. The young man had spiked hair and each spike was a different color – green, red, orange, blue, and yellow.

The young man, noticing that the captain was staring at him, turned to him and said “What’s the matter old timer—never done anything wild in your life?”

The old captain snorted. “Sure. I got drunk once and married a parrot. I was just wondering if you were my son!”

Perfect example: The young guy thinks making his hair look weird is "wild."

It's just weird. 

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Perfect example: The young guy thinks making his hair look weird is "wild."

It's just weird. 

Good save Mr. Krabz. lol Feel free to address how I was "full o shit" and how you aren't a dumb prick.

• Downvote 4

Well, all that crap about camping on the beach with a Hobie, and the ridiculous talk about the Alaska race … pretty much BS, no? Effective talk comes after.

Yer posts suggest that you are a complete flake.

Get on with yer life, kid, and good luck. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Well, all that crap about camping on the beach with a Hobie, and the ridiculous talk about the Alaska race … pretty much BS, no? Effective talk comes after.

Look at the title of my thread and look at what I did. 

702506868_ScreenShot2020-03-10at9_31_14AM.thumb.png.6c67197941d6a4b5445441b700e8ec52.png

1509388132_ScreenShot2020-03-10at9_32_13AM.png.d940c2a4f22818d8a590aae8e4ae482e.png

Need help?

Again, you know very little about me or behind the scene information. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
16 minutes ago, MiddayGun said:

You do realise that's a made up story & never actually happened right?

Wait, you mean the kid with the wild colored, spiky hair wasn't really the parrot's son?????

Now I'm sad.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Jeezuss Crab - you picked your screen name well.

Give the kid a fuckin' break.

• Like 5

I was interested in Scorpion a few years ago when she was for sale. Had a crew go and look the boat over and take photos. I remember the boat from IOR days in SD and thought she might be a suitable conversion to the EU spec and be competitive. I spoke with one of the prior owners, the builder (Didham) and Doug P, shortly before he passed.

The consensus was that even at free the boat was too much. Serious work to be done to repair the wood where it had burned through and was in bad shape. Also, to rebuild with swept spreaders and new mast was an issue due to original layup. For someone with the resources and talent to restore her it could be a fun project that will take a long time to complete. Very cool boat, though. Some pics of bad areas and one in her glory days

-Snap

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

Scorpion HT.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snapper said:

I was interested in Scorpion a few years ago when she was for sale. Had a crew go and look the boat over and take photos. I remember the boat from IOR days in SD and thought she might be a suitable conversion to the EU spec and be competitive. I spoke with one of the prior owners, the builder (Didham) and Doug P, shortly before he passed.

The consensus was that even at free the boat was too much. Serious work to be done to repair the wood where it had burned through and was in bad shape. Also, to rebuild with swept spreaders and new mast was an issue due to original layup. For someone with the resources and talent to restore her it could be a fun project that will take a long time to complete. Very cool boat, though. Some pics of bad areas and one in her glory days

-Snap

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

Scorpion HT.jpg

I was not aware of any fire or burning. doesn't seem to be something visible. Can you tell me more?

I can take her 20 miles out and sink her as long there is no plastic onboard right? I'm sure some fishes would like the home. lol

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
18 minutes ago, FishFood said:

I was not aware of any fire or burning. doesn't seem to be something visible. Can you tell me more?

I can take her 20 miles out and sink her as long there is no plastic onboard right? I'm sure some fishes would like the home. lol

don't be silly, you can donate to a YC, like suggested early in thread.  But, I suspect you were kidding, I just didn't see the purple sarcasm font?   Good luck with your education, and congratulations on your previous journeys, with little experience.  Many people would never have the stones to attempt what you completed.  Kudos, Mate!!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Jeezuss Crab - you picked your screen name well.

Give the kid a fuckin' break.

Will do. One last thing: kid really does think he's done something.

Like the guy with the spiked hair, FF's obviously too stupid to understand who the audience is here. We have world class sailors reading and posting everyday. Not one or two either. Probably in the hundreds. From around the world. Some of these guys are so good, once they go the easy way around, they turn around and go the other way. Guessing most of the rest of us have been at sea and have had our own adventures. 

Jeebus, bragging about an upwind sail of several hundred miles with the beach in sight? Sea Scout stuff.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, FishFood said:

Sun/UV burned through the clear coat and water got in, per the photos. Sent those with others to the builder and got a candid reply on what it would entail to get it all fixed. 

Someone should get the boat and do a restoration as long as they're good with cold molded hull repair

-Snap 

23 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Will do. One last thing: kid really does think he's done something.

Like the guy with the spiked hair, FF's obviously too stupid to understand who the audience is here. We have world class sailors reading and posting everyday. Not one or two either. Probably in the hundreds. From around the world. Some of these guys are so good, once they go the easy way around, they turn around and go the other way. Guessing most of the rest of us have been at sea and have had our own adventures. 

Jeebus, bragging about an upwind sail of several hundred miles with the beach in sight? Sea Scout stuff.

You've sure got me pinned down alright ;). Yes, I'm too stupid to understand that good sailors could have possibly made it onto a sailing forum... I posted something I thought good sailors would get a laugh out of and would recognize as a little crazy. Did I brag? Or did I explain that I said I would do something then did it and was indeed not "full o shit"? How about when you look up tentative on the site and the first post is me declaring my plans as such, am I full of shit for that? You're a decrepit fool Mr. Krabz, perhaps you should stop making it apparent. I'm glad you can speak with such authority on the difficulty of solo sailing up a coast without touching a running line in your life. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
7 hours ago, FishFood said:

Look at the title of my thread and look at what I did. 

702506868_ScreenShot2020-03-10at9_31_14AM.thumb.png.6c67197941d6a4b5445441b700e8ec52.png

1509388132_ScreenShot2020-03-10at9_32_13AM.png.d940c2a4f22818d8a590aae8e4ae482e.png

Need help?

Again, you know very little about me or behind the scene information. 

Your’re very defensive about all of this.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mad said:

Your’re very defensive about all of this.

Hmm, it's almost as if someone was berating me, insulting me and my character. You're a racist piece of shit, Mad. Now that I've made a baseless and false claim about you, do you not get to ask for evidence or defend yourself? You're so smart, mad...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5
2 hours ago, FishFood said:

Hmm, it's almost as if someone was berating me, insulting me and my character. You're a racist piece of shit, Mad. Now that I've made a baseless and false claim about you, do you not get to ask for evidence or defend yourself? You're so smart, mad...

p5230086.jpg

@FishFood good onya for going for it and not dying.  I suspect you will try bigger and dumber (to be read: more fun) adventures after school.  I hope you share them here as well.  Perhaps you know this but if your school is close enough to the water that you can get there regularly, there is always a need for willing and eager race crew.  Its a great way to get "on the water time" without spending a nickel.  You might even learn a few things that may save your life in your next adventure! 

8 hours ago, FishFood said:

Ah bless, what needy little attention whore you’re turning out to be. 

8 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeebus, I think our crowd on PA is less nasty. 

Being mean seemingly for the fun of it? 

That is nuts

Many of the sceptics posting here are regular PA attendees, so why should it be any different?? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, MiddayGun said:

Who'd have thought giving away a boat would be this difficult.

Typical Econ major. He's giving it away for $3500. Cause pussy.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, billy backstay said:

20 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeebus, I think our crowd on PA is less nasty. 

Being mean seemingly for the fun of it? 

That is nuts

Many of the sceptics posting here are regular PA attendees, so why should it be any different?? :ph34r:

Maybe he hasn’t been here as long as some of us, this seems tame compared to the old days. :P