It's two things I used to really like - the law, and the world's nastiest clams. The one is good only for making a living, the other is good only for making a chowder.  

What? What did you think I was saying?  

Buncha frikken perverts. 

Lack of imagination.

Back in the Pleistocene, the mighty punch-card-driven computer (or some joker) that handed out freshman room assignments hiccuped, and plunked down three Todds in a row in our dormitory hallway.  People had to find some way to differentiate us. For a while it was subscripts...  Naturally, when we moved out of the dorm, we all got an apartment together.  The Todd Squad HQ.   

2 hours ago, BBender said:

When not sailing my job is to put the bend in bananas. ( bananabender) but someone else has that . Actually I think it’s me but can’t remember email address.

Thought it was this

12BBECD4-F531-4F1C-8ECB-7714E660C292.jpeg

• Like 1

First/middle initials are WT, but called by my middle name since birth (hillbillies, what can I say) so I’ve always been “Ted”.

During a post-race boat party many years ago a crew mate who knew my full name called me “WT”; a very cute young lady asks what the “W” stands for and another girl whom I’d had an ongoing FWB relationship with piped up immediately in a suggestive voice “Whoa”. Worked like a charm, best wing(wo)man ever; she and I hooked each other up many times with comments like that. Ted was also a character in “I Wanna Be a Cowboy” by Boys Don’t Cry at about the same time: “Ted, Whoa Ted fighting off danger”.  Name stuck.

My wife still sometimes calls me WhoaTed, knows the story from her sister who was there which I find ridiculous and amusing. Life is strange.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:05 PM, BravoBravo said:

Larry was regular on their show before he hit the big time !...that was some great radio !

His 'Oprah' commentary was classic, I have a few recorded as I did that for the guys in the shop, but I did not get that one. Almost ran off the road laughing that morning.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ~HHN92~ said:

His 'Oprah' commentary was classic, I have a few recorded as I did that for the guys in the shop, but I did not get that one. Almost ran off the road laughing that morning.

he had one about being in an elevator when someone farted and asked "Is that Grey Poupon"...I think he was just riffing because I've never heard that in his stage act 

my nickname in portuguese. means "thunder" and i got it due to the tone/volume of my voice in my teens (some 40 years ago) and it stuck.

i use to speak in a slightly lower volume nowadays.

Used to do SCCA-type sports car racing and 51 was an easy set of needed double digits to cobble up with duct tape on my doors.   Yes keeners, 11 was taken.   

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

That’s funny. 

Gotta have one of you guys look back there..over 50..

As your bumdoc I advise you to postpone that until toilet paper supply is ensured again.  

(See ‘Share your Expertise’ thread.) 

• Like 1

The sailing guys call me Krusty because I am the most relaxed, mild mannered, unflappable of the bunch. For my sailing dictionary the editor added Snippets as my last name. So Krusty Snippets it was. Years past and I added the Unkle. My place on the Island is Kamp Krusty

Q was taken (or maybe it was too few characters) back in the dark ages of SA.  It's a universal rule class and the letter was also quite predominant in the IT world I lived in at the time.

It's also easier to type than ¿Qué

11 minutes ago, Que said:

Q was taken (or maybe it was too few characters) back in the dark ages of SA.  It's a universal rule class and the letter was also quite predominant in the IT world I lived in at the time.

It's also easier to type than ¿Qué

leonore-big.jpg

• Like 1
On 3/28/2020 at 1:39 AM, Snaggletooth said:

"Ime specialle"              :)

I love Scarlett :wub: and I love that movie.

Sophia Coppola absolutely captured all that is mysterious, weird and wonderful about seeing Tokyo and Japanese culture for the first time through the eyes of a westerner.