3 hours ago, random. said:

I get it now, you have convinced me!

I go to the doctors and he tells me I need to take some medicine and have a procedure.  But I go home and get on Facebook and find a group that claims that all doctors are shills for Big Pharma and I should not listen to them.  They say that I should go to a homeopath, see fortune teller and take some horse de-wormer on the full moon.

Then I read the latest IPCC report with all the facts on Climate Change.  I'm so worried that I go online and find the Heartland Institute funded by Exxon tells me that CO2 is good for plants and the IPCC scientists are liars saying it for shit wages.

I'm so confused, what should I do?

I guess you could just put your big boy pants on and make a decision based on all those things that have given you their version of truth.

But then again free thought is not something you experience or appreciate in others.

Cunt, shill, troll.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s only because they did testing.  Anyway, our thoughts and prayers are with the coronavirus at this difficult time.

The fact the we are living an almost totally normal life right now means that NZ got it right. 

All-clear received on the boy, although he does have some kind of virus, just not THAT one. Seems like absence of a cough is a clear and definitive - NOT Covid-19.  He's still feeling crook,

Posted Images

17 hours ago, random. said:

Easy, been there done that.  Nailed it each time.  Some clewless people fail to understand.

It helps to have a population where most are not complete self-centred selfish cunts willing to let their neighbours die as long as they can keep raking in cash.

comparing populations  can you really believe that ?

Aus...europe.jpg

4 hours ago, Gissie said:

I guess you could just put your big boy pants on and make a decision based on all those things that have given you their version of truth.

But then again free thought is not something you experience or appreciate in others.

Cunt, shill, troll.

I get it now, you have convinced me!

I go to the doctors and he tells me I need to take some medicine and have a procedure.  But I go home and get on Facebook and find a group that claims that all doctors are shills for Big Pharma and I should not listen to them.  They say that I should go to a homeopath, see fortune teller and take some horse de-wormer on the full moon.

Then I read the latest IPCC report with all the facts on Climate Change.  I'm so worried that I go online and find the Heartland Institute funded by Exxon tells me that CO2 is good for plants and the IPCC scientists are liars saying it for shit wages.

I'm so confused, what should I do?

On 9/1/2021 at 10:17 AM, random. said:

It helps to have a population where most are not complete self-centred selfish cunts willing to let their neighbours die as long as they can keep raking in cash.

And yet NZ allows occupational deaths at a per capita rate 7.5x that of UK rather than spend some time and money to reduce it. Why is that?

3 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

And yet NZ allows occupational deaths at a per capita rate 7.5x that of UK rather than spend some time and money to reduce it. Why is that?

YEAH! whataboutthat?

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

YEAH! whataboutthat?

So your erudite response indicates that you don't think that the fact that NZ occupational deaths and injuries are so much higher rather undermines the proposition that NZ has this more caring and less money focused society?

I must admit I was hoping for a slightly more intellectual response, perhaps explaining why NZ does permit such a high rate compared to (say) the UK. I'm sure agriculture (a relatively dangerous sector) is a larger proportion of economy than in UK, but not enough explain the difference, especially as tourism is low risk, and you don't have a dominance of other high risk sectors.

Tourists get covered by some government health program to pay medical costs if we get maimed on a bungee jump.  We can't sue the bungee jump company. Or the jet boat company or whatever. Hence all the adventure excursions in NZ free from fear of liability for mangling customers. 

51 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Tourists get covered by some government health program to pay medical costs if we get maimed on a bungee jump.  We can't sue the bungee jump company. Or the jet boat company or whatever. Hence all the adventure excursions in NZ free from fear of liability for mangling customers. 

That could I guess cause a few more deaths (rather macabre if so), but unless they use cheese string for the bungee cord I doubt it covers the difference in death rates

• 2 weeks later...

A Health Expert in New Zealand are advocating that "Lockdowns should continue until 90%+ of the Country is vaccinated"

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-delta-outbreak-experts-vaccine-warning-thousands-of-deaths-unless-rate-tops-90-per-cent/ASYXNGBO4C755VATQ2VHCOOVNU/

This basically all but sinks any revival of an Auckland AC Bid!

6 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

A Health Expert in New Zealand are advocating that "Lockdowns should continue until 90%+ of the Country is vaccinated"

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-delta-outbreak-experts-vaccine-warning-thousands-of-deaths-unless-rate-tops-90-per-cent/ASYXNGBO4C755VATQ2VHCOOVNU/

Why? They are ramping up vaccinations, and could easily reach 90% vaccination in a few months, from what I've read.

A fully-vaccinated NZ with strong border controls on incoming people seems like the ideal venue.

9 minutes ago, accnick said:

Why? They are ramping up vaccinations, and could easily reach 90% vaccination in a few months, from what I've read.

A fully-vaccinated NZ with strong border controls on incoming people seems like the ideal venue.

Dalton isn't going to wait until the Country is 90% vaccinated to make a Decision on the AC37 Venue. You are misinformed as well: Since the Vaccine-Rollout began on Sept 1st vaccinations have actually slowed down between 40.000-60.000 Doses a Day. NZ has only 35 % of their People fully vaccinated.

Meanwhile in NSW Wales, the most populous State in the Australia & New Zealand Region as of yesterday

E_SZlAWVEAA5J77?format=jpg&name=900x900

15 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Just more bullshit claims. The models say. They say what the scientist wants it to say. The claim when covid first arrived was there would be thousands of deaths. Now, with a less fatal version and up to 89% vaccinated we would have - you guessed it - thousands of deaths.

Hard to take these dickwad seriously. Sadly, such idiot claims, spread by the media, just helps the anti vax folk.

1 minute ago, Gissie said:

Just more bullshit claims. The models say. They say what the scientist wants it to say. The claim when covid first arrived was there would be thousands of deaths. Now, with a less fatal version and up to 89% vaccinated we would have - you guessed it - thousands of deaths.

Hard to take these dickwad seriously. Sadly, such idiot claims, spread by the media, just helps the anti vax folk.

I am vaxxed but why I don't feel safe: 13 % of fully vaccinated people in Germany still get COVID! We need a better vaccine!

1939>>>45 the world was at war with each other which made delaying>> rescheduling Americas cup to a later date a pretty sensible thing to do so thats what they did, Roll on to 2021 and the world is yet again at war ...... against an insiduous bug that keeps changing the goalposts, only real upside to this is we aint fighting each other this time. I personally think the sensible outcome would be to put it on ice until this bug is stomped out

Da problem is that the bug and it's evolving forms will be around for about the next thousand years (rough estimate) so really, the vaccine idea appears the only realistic measure?

50 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

I am vaxxed but why I don't feel safe: 13 % of fully vaccinated people in Germany still get COVID! We need a better vaccine!

Moderna as it turns out has 3x the payload of Pfizer and lasts longer. 

22 minutes ago, 167149 said:

1939>>>45 the world was at war with each other which made delaying>> rescheduling Americas cup to a later date a pretty sensible thing to do so thats what they did, Roll on to 2021 and the world is yet again at war ...... against an insiduous bug that keeps changing the goalposts, only real upside to this is we aint fighting each other this time. I personally think the sensible outcome would be to put it on ice until this bug is stomped out

Heretic. The cup must go on, all the pro sailors are saying it...

1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Dalton isn't going to wait until the Country is 90% vaccinated to make a Decision on the AC37 Venue. You are misinformed as well: Since the Vaccine-Rollout began on Sept 1st vaccinations have actually slowed down between 40.000-60.000 Doses a Day. NZ has only 35 % of their People fully vaccinated.

Meanwhile in NSW Wales, the most populous State in the Australia & New Zealand Region as of yesterday

GD doesn't have to wait until 90% are vaccinated in NZ to announce a venue.

Say for the sake of argument 50,000 people are vaccinated per day in NZ. You say 35% are already fully vaccinated. The remaining unvaccinated population would be fewer than 4 million, including those too young or too fragile to be vaccinated.

At the current rate of vaccination, they would reach the 90% level in less than three months.

Most individuals, companies, governments, and other entities plan way more than three months ahead.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 167149 said:

I personally think the sensible outcome would be to put it on ice until this bug is stomped out

It's not going to be stomped out. There are no vaccines capable of that and none, it seems, on the horizon.

40 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

It's not going to be stomped out. There are no vaccines capable of that and none, it seems, on the horizon.

We do need to come to grips with it. Hiding under the couch is not a great long term plan.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Wrong.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

NZ Govtm apparently considering a short Level 4 Circuit Breaker Lockdown in Auckland.

:lol: Like that has any chance of working. As they say, the hardest thing about a quick 5 day lockdown is week 8+.

2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

94 COVID Cases in NZL today!

But at least our gold standard track and trace system has only about 140 cases that they have no idea where they came from. :(

18 minutes ago, Filthy Phill said:

Proud Dorklander here....you're such a wounder.

Should I be upset at being wounder?

As for being proud, you should be, I tend to use it as a standard Kiwi term of insult/endearment rather than a straight out insult. Well apart from the Dorklanders that escape Dorkland and come up my way during lockdowns. But they are different in many ways, not just their place of residence.

7 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Should I be upset at being wounder?

As for being proud, you should be, I tend to use it as a standard Kiwi term of insult/endearment rather than a straight out insult. Well apart from the Dorklanders that escape Dorkland and come up my way during lockdowns. But they are different in many ways, not just their place of residence.

Classic...a term of endearment can only justified if you ever attach some positivity to it.  I'm yet too see much positivity from any of your posts.  Wounder is a light hearted comment....perhaps a generational (nz) divide there.

27 minutes ago, Filthy Phill said:

Classic...a term of endearment can only justified if you ever attach some positivity to it.  I'm yet too see much positivity from any of your posts.  Wounder is a light hearted comment....perhaps a generational (nz) divide there.

Just had a look - wounder - one who wounds. With a name like filthy Phil you get wounded by my comments. :lol:

Maybe you are one of the dickhead Dorklanders after all.

Wounded by a comment on SA, fuck me. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Just had a look - wounder - one who wounds. With a name like filthy Phil you get wounded by my comments. :lol:

Maybe you are one of the dickhead Dorklanders after all.

Wounded by a comment on SA, fuck me. :lol:

Excellent...so you are a wounder.

Look foward to your balancing words of endearment.

SA....anarchy isn't confined to just being a negative nancy. Branch out a little...suns out. 

7 minutes ago, Filthy Phill said:

Excellent...so you are a wounder.

Look foward to your balancing words of endearment.

SA....anarchy isn't confined to just being a negative nancy. Branch out a little...suns out. 

Not sure why you think I am always negative, then again I checked behind the couch and couldn't find anyone that gives a fuck.

Wounder, hahaha, wounded by someone's words on SA. Certainly sounds like a generational difference. Mine took responsibility for choices and was prepared to ignore those they found obnoxious, without getting all butthurt. Yours not so much apparently, although your name would certainly upset some.

Or is it just a warning to others that you don't wash?

Fuck I love this place.

28 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Not sure why you think I am always negative, then again I checked behind the couch and couldn't find anyone that gives a fuck.

Wounder, hahaha, wounded by someone's words on SA. Certainly sounds like a generational difference. Mine took responsibility for choices and was prepared to ignore those they found obnoxious, without getting all butthurt. Yours not so much apparently, although your name would certainly upset some.

Or is it just a warning to others that you don't wash?

Fuck I love this 

Stock standard reply from you ..did you copy and paste. 

Happy to remind you that you love this place.

How's the sun shine? You enjoying it? Beer o'clock.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Filthy Phill said:

Stock standard reply from you ..did you copy and paste. 

Happy to remind you that you love this place.

How's the sun shine? You enjoying it? Beer o'clock.

To old for beer o'clock, g&t in the sun. Happy to be home.

Love my life, past, present and hopefully future.

Still no idea why you think I am always negative, but I can live with that.

1 minute ago, Gissie said:

To old for beer o'clock, g&t in the sun. Happy to be home.

Love my life, past, present and hopefully future.

Still no idea why you think I am always negative, but I can live with that.

Cheers...enjoy. 

Ardern just announced today that Auckland & Suburbs won't come out of "LOCKDOWN" until early December or when it reaches the 90 % fully vaccinated target.

That probably means the AC37 Protocol won't be announced on Nov. 17th unless they do it virtually. I can't imagine RNZYS/ETNZ/RYS/INEOS announcing it with only a limited Number of Guest & Media Members.

On 10/19/2021 at 4:17 PM, Filthy Phill said:

He's  a provincial pinhead ( pronounced phiff like a fart) expect no logic there

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Ardern just announced today that Auckland & Suburbs won't come out of "LOCKDOWN" until early December or when it reaches the 90 % fully vaccinated target.

Is that 90% of population or adults?

And what is the take up rate in NZ like? In many countries more than 10% of adults are refusing the vaccines so they will never get there

9 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

And what is the take up rate in NZ like? In many countries more than 10% of adults are refusing the vaccines so they will never get there

90 % of egiable vaccinated population.

20 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

People over 12 years of age are considered eligible for the jab ..

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-data-and-statistics/covid-19-vaccine-data/covid-19-vaccination-uptake-rates-across-nz

Auckland is nearly there, just waiting for people to get their second jab.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-data-and-statistics/covid-19-vaccine-data/covid-19-vaccination-uptake-rates-across-nz

Except it is not a total sort of thing. Each District Hospital Board will need to hit 90%. Not easy when certain groups are too downtrodden and cowered to be able to put down the beers and kfc and get jabbed.

So freedom is a long way away.

Opening up is a big incentive!

There is a gathering view that wearing masks and getting a small dose of the virus is a good thing.  It boasts your immunity naturally.

What do we think of that thought?

16 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

There is a gathering view that wearing masks and getting a small dose of the virus is a good thing.  It boasts your immunity naturally.

So, you want to roll the dice that you only get a "small dose"?

How do you control that?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kiwing said:

I cannot imagine what kind of thought process gathers that.

No. No. No. 

2 hours ago, accnick said:

How do you control that?

Wearing a mask and passing an infectious person outside?
Apparently wearing a mask protects you 90% so it is possible.
We are all going to get it sometime.

Look at Japan, they are used to wearing masks and they are slowly getting herd immunity by this method?

5 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

Look at Japan, they are used to wearing masks and they are slowly getting herd immunity by this method?

You are talking two different things. Wearing a mask protects you from getting the virus, or transmitting it to others if you have it. It does not impact on the severity of any infection you might get while wearing a mask, as far as I know.

• Like 2
On 10/23/2021 at 5:20 AM, Terry Hollis said:

Here are the Numbers:

Opera Momentaufnahme_2021-10-25_012302_www.nzherald.co.nz.png

Short of full grade medical protective equipment, properly worn to fully seal you off, wearing a mask does not protect you. It protects others people from you if you are shedding the virus. If everyone wears masks in indoor spaces, they are helping to protect each other.

6 hours ago, accnick said:

If I'm going to get this damn thing I want to be fully vaxxed. No way I'm going to roll the dice. There's been a lot of talk about natural immunity, especially among the so called "pure bloods" aka anti vaxxers. Before modern medicine, vaccines, infection control, etc......when all we had was natural immunity, life expectancy was around 45 years old....Fuck that.....

• Like 1

Saw my first anti-vax protest yesterday. Realised I didn't know the correct etiquette:

1) Should I stick up 2 fingers to show I am double jabbed?

2) Should I stick up my middle finger to show I am in a middle category and so not yet eligible for the single booster?

3) Or should I have come home, urinated in a bucket and then gone back to throw it over them?

28 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Saw my first anti-vax protest yesterday. Realised I didn't know the correct etiquette:

2) Should I stick up my middle finger to show I am in a middle category and so not yet eligible for the single booster?

3) Or should I have come home, urinated in a bucket and then gone back to throw it over them?

All of the above...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

Go home, sit in the sun if it's cold, the shade if it's hot, crack a beer, open up SA and enjoy the company of folk that passed the intelligence/empathy test...mostly

• Like 2
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

Saw my first anti-vax protest yesterday.

I haven't seen one but I have seen video of Piers Corbyn foully abusing staff of a mobile vaccine unit, to the point they felt it necessary to stop operations for the day. I'm a fully paid-up quiche-knitting, tree hugging liberal, nevertheless watching that made me feel that good old-fashioned police brutality sometimes has its place.

• Like 2

To the Kiwi’s on here who aren’t afraid to get a shot, get ready.  The anti-vax shenanigans will only get dumber.  Try your best to ignore them.  It will really piss them off. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, WetHog said:

To the Kiwi’s on here who aren’t afraid to get a shot, get ready.  The anti-vax shenanigans will only get dumber.  Try your best to ignore them.  It will really piss them off. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

Alternatively welcome any anti-vax attitudes enthusiastically and thank them for volunteering for a Darwinian approach to improving the average IQ of your country.

Which it seems it will everywhere except the US, where it seems those with (non-medicinal) PhDs are the educational level most likely to refuse a vaccine. I am not aware of any reason for that outlier

29 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Which it seems it will everywhere except the US, where it seems those with (non-medicinal) PhDs are the educational level most likely to refuse a vaccine. 

Really? How would anyone know that?

34 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Which it seems it will everywhere except the US, where it seems those with (non-medicinal) PhDs are the educational level most likely to refuse a vaccine. I am not aware of any reason for that outlier

Source, please?

4 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Hmmm. Sample size? Any objective confirmation of educational level? How many "doctors of divinity"? 

I don't know. As I say I agree it is an outlier, and I don't understand it. I report it because that's what Science should do - recognise evidence that conflicts with your conclusions, not just the evidence that fits it.

The paper referenced says "Study sample. The analysis sample includes 5,121,436 survey responses from participants who 63 completed the survey at least once January 6 to May 31". But that doesn't mean 5m people as people were asked to complete the survey multiple times to see changes

11 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

The paper referenced says "Study sample. The analysis sample includes 5,121,436 survey responses from participants who 63 completed the survey at least once January 6 to May 31". But that doesn't mean 5m people as people were asked to complete the survey multiple times to see changes

2% of the US population has a doctorate. With such a small number, you don't need much of a sampling error to produce a bogus result. Or that many doctors of divinity, or people claiming a doctorate to big themselves up.

Results have not been peer reviewed. 

And science also says.....if you get a result that seems really surprising, check and re-check.

16 hours ago, Kiwing said:

NO!  If you want to run your own covid party wearing a mask and hoping that means you don't get relly sick if you get covid, that is beyond wrong.  You may or may not get sick depending on who you exchange air with, but once sick, it may be asymptomatic or ventilator required--that it up to your body. 

Why anyone who can be vaccinated would swap "only 90% as sick as usual" (NOT A THING ANYWAY) for some vaccine side effects and a better immunity, is unfthomable to me.  

16 hours ago, Kiwing said:

The rest has been addressed, but her immunity with the delta variant has been described as "mythical" and non-existent. Neither vaccines or having had it before seem to stop you passing it on, they merely stop you suffering either completely or as badly.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/10/delta-variant-renders-herd-immunity-from-covid-mythical

So you will get it eventually. I think the rate of hospitalisation in the UK is now running about 100x worse for unvaccinated vs vaccinated.

So I'd say its a no-brainer except that are some people so lacking in brains they still don't get it.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Short of full grade medical protective equipment, properly worn to fully seal you off, wearing a mask does not protect you. It protects others people from you if you are shedding the virus. If everyone wears masks in indoor spaces, they are helping to protect each other.

FFP2 and 3 masks protect the wearer quite well if worn correctly. 

• Like 1

Interesting piece on how the Left is dealing with anti vax attitudes.

https://quillette.com/2021/10/21/vaccine-rejectionism-and-the-left/

Interesting how the Green movement, that is so very against all forms of gene editing, has gone silent on a vaccine that uses the very process they hate and that big Pharma, another thing they hate, is saving the world.

Firstly you must get totally vaccinated, boaster when required.

Then wearing a mask in your daily life, doing all the good things, social distancing, meeting outdoors etc., you still have a chance of getting infected. Research shows under these conditions you are most likely to get a mild dose of the virus which is a good thing.  I will not be going out there and trying to get it but I will feel more free to carry on as above and not be afraid.  My understanding is 1% of above people are hospitalized? and if you are fully vaxxed it is only 0.03% who get Long Covid - permanently effected?

14 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

Firstly you must get totally vaccinated, boaster when required.

Then wearing a mask in your daily life, doing all the good things, social distancing, meeting outdoors etc., you still have a chance of getting infected. Research shows under these conditions you are most likely to get a mild dose of the virus which is a good thing.  I will not be going out there and trying to get it but I will feel more free to carry on as above and not be afraid.  My understanding is 1% of above people are hospitalized? and if you are fully vaxxed it is only 0.03% who get Long Covid - permanently effected?

Being fully vaccinated, including a booster if you qualify, is probably your best defense against a serious Covid case that could lead to hospitalization and death. Being fully vaccinated does not remove all risk--nothing does, including having had Covid.

Getting sick is never a good thing, because you can't guarantee you won't be one of the unlucky ones.

20 minutes ago, accnick said:

Being fully vaccinated, including a booster if you qualify, is probably your best defense against a serious Covid case that could lead to hospitalization and death. Being fully vaccinated does not remove all risk--nothing does, including having had Covid.

Getting sick is never a good thing, because you can't guarantee you won't be one of the unlucky ones.

You obviously don't drive a car on the roads?

The statistics on % of hospitalized that are vaccinated AFAIK doesn't get broken down into if they got a lot of virus or a smidgen. It's the vaccine not "only getting a smidgen of virus."

Masking and distancing and ventilation reduce likelihood of getting infected. 

If they Hospitalized they have a big dose, take my word for it.  If you have a small dose, you are infectious, maybe have no symptoms, but you don't get hospitalised unless you have a big load.

I understand masking, distancing, and ventilation do mostly give you a small load.  You might not notice it, and your immune system most likely will deal to it and your vaccine status helps.

But, in Japan, even the masked, distanced, outside infection is mostly dealt to by their immune system which is why, in Japan some unvaccinated people have been found to have good immunity.

16 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

If they Hospitalized they have a big dose, take my word for it.  If you have a small dose, you are infectious, maybe have no symptoms, but you don't get hospitalised unless you have a big load.

I understand masking, distancing, and ventilation do mostly give you a small load.  You might not notice it, and your immune system most likely will deal to it and your vaccine status helps.

But, in Japan, even the masked, distanced, outside infection is mostly dealt to by their immune system which is why, in Japan some unvaccinated people have been found to have good immunity.

Yeah, taking your word for it ain't gonna happen. If you've got a cite, happy to take a look. 

1 hour ago, Kiwing said:

You obviously don't drive a car on the roads?

Here's an analogy for you. Don't wear your seatbelt and hope that your accident is a fender-bender rather than a head-on collision.

I'm really struggling to understand your point here.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kiwing said:

The big load grows in your body. The virus in your body is what replicated in there after the first hardy little explorers got a nosehold.

I give up. Believe and do what you want.

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

The big load grows in your body. The virus in your body is what replicated in there after the first hardy little explorers got a nosehold.

I give up. Believe and do what you want.

If your immune system gets going it will stop a small load before it gets big? That is what seems to be happening in Japan?

43 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

If your immune system gets going it will stop a small load before it gets big? That is what seems to be happening in Japan?

People react differently. In part it depends on their pulmonary, cardiovascular systems, hematology, other stuff. Healthy athletes die. Fat old ladies get no symptoms.  

Have people in Japan been telling you this?  Talk to a doctor. Message @EYESAILOR or something. I don't think that's what's happening. 

56 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

"Japanese wear masks" is not a good correlation to the complicated dynamics of a pandemic. Mask wearing is super common in many countries with different outcomes as to what is happening in Japan right now.

Masks decrease infection rates... which putting aside vaccination impact is arguably is likely to decrease 'herd immunity' as a consequence of infection.

14 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

People react differently. In part it depends on their pulmonary, cardiovascular systems, hematology, other stuff. Healthy athletes die. Fat old ladies get no symptoms.  

Have people in Japan been telling you this?  Talk to a doctor. Message @EYESAILOR or something. I don't think that's what's happening. 

Please do not message me asking for medical  advice or a professional opinion as a doctor. Sorry. 

I have no idea what is happening in Japan so any informal opinions would be pretty useless as well..