Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin

1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

A Democratic New York City council member has credited hydroxychloroquine with saving his life after he contracted the novel coronavirus in March.

Democrat Paul Vallone, who represents northeast Queens, told the New York Post he was struggling to breathe before his doctor prescribed hydroxychloroquine, which he took with Azithromycin, the antibiotic also known as Zithromax or Z-Pak.

“I couldn’t breathe, very weak, couldn’t get out of bed,” said Mr. Vallone in an interview posted Saturday. “My doctor prescribed it. My pharmacy had it. Took it that day and within two or three days I was able to breathe. Within a week I was back on my feet.”

That's great, and means nothing. Maybe he had a bacterial infection on top of Covid? Maybe he was at the end of the covid infection and his body had fought it off. It's not "data" - it's an anecdote. No one (except Trumpkins) can do anything with these stories.

Feel free to take the Hydroxy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know how many of the nonmedical people on these forums are aware, but hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin are being used quite a lot in Covid-19 treatment right now, all over the place.  Mostl

Post writes itself...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

A Democratic New York City council member has credited hydroxychloroquine with saving his life after he contracted the novel coronavirus in March.

Democrat Paul Vallone, who represents northeast Queens, told the New York Post he was struggling to breathe before his doctor prescribed hydroxychloroquine, which he took with Azithromycin, the antibiotic also known as Zithromax or Z-Pak.

“I couldn’t breathe, very weak, couldn’t get out of bed,” said Mr. Vallone in an interview posted Saturday. “My doctor prescribed it. My pharmacy had it. Took it that day and within two or three days I was able to breathe. Within a week I was back on my feet.”

Did he also inject bleach or drink orange paint?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Dog said:

Perhaps you should just stop misrepresenting.

:lol::lol:

That's cute!

President Trump announced last night at his press conference that drinking orange paint cures cancer! The USA leads the world again in this great medical breakthrough

- DSK

2 hours ago, Dog said:
14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Perhaps I should have said the medical advice you've been sharing.  Better?

Perhaps you should just stop misrepresenting.

Are you claiming to not have shared medical advice in this thread?  I am not asking if you offered medical advice.  I am asking about sharing.

Copying information and posting it in this thread constitute sharing.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Are you claiming to not have shared medical advice in this thread?  I am not asking if you offered medical advice.  I am asking about sharing.

Copying information and posting it in this thread constitute sharing.

I have shared evidence and opinion. Nothing remotely resembling what any reasonable person would consider advice for your friend at Hopkins. 

12 hours ago, Dog said:

I have shared evidence and opinion. Nothing remotely resembling what any reasonable person would consider advice for your friend at Hopkins. 

From 2 sources as serious as the current swamp in W DC. and at FOX, Job well done, MAGA.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Oh No! You spoke to soon!  1,504 deaths today and trending up.

Bad doggie styling!

Doggie LOVES LOVES LOVES the weekend reporting pause.

He's stupid like that. Almost every week.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:48 PM, Dog said:

“There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections”. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/08/04/an_effective_covid_treatment_the_media_continues_to_besmirch_143875.html

and that's it , the cited article does not identify them further

and the sun will rise tomorrow ...maybe .

4 hours ago, Mid said:
On 8/10/2020 at 9:48 AM, Dog said:

“There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections”. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/08/04/an_effective_covid_treatment_the_media_continues_to_besmirch_143875.html

and that's it , the cited article does not identify them further

and the sun will rise tomorrow ...maybe .

But, that is not sharing medical advice.  He is pushing a position, but won't man up and own it.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

But, that is not sharing medical advice.  He is pushing a position, but won't man up and own it.

Yes...I'm sharing the fact that there is mounting evidence that HCQ can be effective....What the fuck is your problem with that?

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yes...I'm sharing the fact that there is mounting evidence that HCQ can be effective....What the fuck is your problem with that?

Problem is it's bullshit!

Amendments to the new restrictions on prescribing hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19

8 May 2020

27 May 2020: The TGA is updating the below advice regarding hydroxychloroquine use in treating COVID-19. Based on the latest international data, use of hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 is strongly discouraged, including in hospitalised patients, unless the patient is enrolled in a clinical trial which will have safety monitoring protocols and oversight by a Human Research Ethics Committee. It is important to note that the number of COVID-19 patients currently hospitalised in Australia is very low.

Now this is fun;
who in the US are taking it ?
Religious nutters are a fan base of Trump, and presumably they are taking it.
Many of do not believe in evolution but in creation.
Now comes the fun part;

The first and only positive reactions of Hydro attacking covid were found in...............................
kidney cells from monkeys, and that is all there is.
So if humans and monkeys de not share a common ancestor millions years ago, why would you trust this to be effective in huma

Now when I see a Hydro comment I just think, it is monkey-business and I laugh.

PS, cells have no immune reaction, hence the risk was from the start it would never be effective, like they tried with a lot of other diseases.
everyone promoting hydro is a manager of monkey business.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, frenchie said:

I am hoping a few of the Faithful decide to take it. Maybe wash it down with some bleach.

24 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am hoping a few of the Faithful decide to take it. Maybe wash it down with some bleach.

Say, anyone onehow Dab's probe line doing, now that he put a UV light in the tip?

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

Another day, another page in the book of idiocracy.  Mike the My Pillow guy might end up as acting head of HHS before Trump gets the boot in January. That or the FDA.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Another day, another page in the book of idiocracy.  Mike the My Pillow guy might end up as acting head of HHS before Trump gets the boot in January. That or the FDA.

Meanwhile he is now on the board of the company producing it - and according to him it's just to help get it out there.

yeah, that's the ticket.

The Key to Defeating COVID-19 Already Exists. We Need to Start Using It 

HARVEY A. RISCH, MD, PHD , PROFESSOR OF EPIDEMIOLOGY, YALE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
ON 7/23/20 AT 7:00 AM EDT

As professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, I have authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold senior positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.

I am referring, of course, to the medication hydroxychloroquine. When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.

On May 27, I published an article in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) entitled, "Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk COVID-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis." That article, published in the world's leading epidemiology journal, analyzed five studies, demonstrating clear-cut and significant benefits to treated patients, plus other very large studies that showed the medication safety.

Physicians who have been using these medications in the face of widespread skepticism have been truly heroic. They have done what the science shows is best for their patients, often at great personal risk. I myself know of two doctors who have saved the lives of hundreds of patients with these medications, but are now fighting state medical boards to save their licenses and reputations. The cases against them are completely without scientific merit.

Since publication of my May 27 article, seven more studies have demonstrated similar benefit. In a lengthy follow-up letter, also published by AJE, I discuss these seven studies and renew my call for the immediate early use of hydroxychloroquine in high-risk patients. These seven studies include: an additional 400 high-risk patients treated by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, with zero deaths; four studies totaling almost 500 high-risk patients treated in nursing homes and clinics across the U.S., with no deaths; a controlled trial of more than 700 high-risk patients in Brazil, with significantly reduced risk of hospitalization and two deaths among 334 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine; and another study of 398 matched patients in France, also with significantly reduced hospitalization risk. Since my letter was published, even more doctors have reported to me their completely successful use.

My original article in the AJE is available free online, and I encourage readers—especially physicians, nurses, physician assistants and associates, and respiratory therapists—to search the title and read it. My follow-up letter is linked there to the original paper.

Beyond these studies of individual patients, we have seen what happens in large populations when these drugs are used. These have been "natural experiments." In the northern Brazil state of Pará, COVID-19 deaths were increasing exponentially. On April 6, the public hospital network purchased 75,000 doses of azithromycin and 90,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine. Over the next few weeks, authorities began distributing these medications to infected individuals. Even though new cases continued to occur, on May 22 the death rate started to plummet and is now about one-eighth what it was at the peak.

A reverse natural experiment happened in Switzerland. On May 27, the Swiss national government banned outpatient use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19. Around June 10, COVID-19 deaths increased four-fold and remained elevated. On June 11, the Swiss government revoked the ban, and on June 23 the death rate reverted to what it had been beforehand. People who die from COVID-19 live about three to five weeks from the start of symptoms, which makes the evidence of a causal relation in these experiments strong. Both episodes suggest that a combination of hydroxychloroquine and its companion medications reduces mortality and should be immediately adopted as the new standard of care in high-risk patients.

Why has hydroxychloroquine been disregarded?

First, as all know, the medication has become highly politicized. For many, it is viewed as a marker of political identity, on both sides of the political spectrum. Nobody needs me to remind them that this is not how medicine should proceed. We must judge this medication strictly on the science. When doctors graduate from medical school, they formally promise to make the health and life of the patient their first consideration, without biases of race, religion, nationality, social standing—or political affiliation. Lives must come first.

Second, the drug has not been used properly in many studies. Hydroxychloroquine has shown major success when used early in high-risk people but, as one would expect for an antiviral, much less success when used late in the disease course. Even so, it has demonstrated significant benefit in large hospital studies in Michigan and New York City when started within the first 24 to 48 hours after admission.

In fact, as inexpensive, oral and widely available medications, and a nutritional supplement, the combination of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin or doxycycline, and zinc are well-suited for early treatment in the outpatient setting. The combination should be prescribed in high-risk patients immediately upon clinical suspicion of COVID-19 disease, without waiting for results of testing. Delays in waiting before starting the medications can reduce their efficacy.

Third, concerns have been raised by the FDA and others about risks of cardiac arrhythmia, especially when hydroxychloroquine is given in combination with azithromycin. The FDA based its comments on data in its FDA Adverse Event Reporting System. This reporting system captured up to a thousand cases of arrhythmias attributed to hydroxychloroquine use. In fact, the number is likely higher than that, since the reporting system, which requires physicians or patients to initiate contact with the FDA, appreciably undercounts drug side effects.

But what the FDA did not announce is that these adverse events were generated from tens of millions of patient uses of hydroxychloroquine for long periods of time, often for the chronic treatment of lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. Even if the true rates of arrhythmia are ten-fold higher than those reported, the harms would be minuscule compared to the mortality occurring right now in inadequately treated high-risk COVID-19 patients. This fact is proven by an Oxford University study of more than 320,000 older patients taking both hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, who had arrhythmia excess death rates of less than 9/100,000 users, as I discuss in my May 27 paper cited above. A new paper in the American Journal of Medicine by established cardiologists around the world fully agrees with this.

In the future, I believe this misbegotten episode regarding 

hydroxychloroquine will be studied by sociologists of medicine as a classic example of how extra-scientific factors overrode clear-cut medical evidence. But for now, reality demands a clear, scientific eye on the evidence and where it points. For the sake of high-risk patients, for the sake of our parents and grandparents, for the sake of the unemployed, for our economy and for our polity, especially those disproportionally affected, we must start treating immediately.

Harvey A. Risch, MD, PhD, is professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health.

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535

• Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Harvey A. Risch, MD, PhD, is professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health.

Yale Doc Backing HCQ Cites Questionable Data

— Negative results from randomized trials not even acknowledged

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87844

Yale-affiliated physicians used HCQ early in the response to COVID-19, but it is only used rarely at present due to evidence that it is ineffective and potentially risky. The Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. Public Health Service issued the following statement (in part):

June 15, 2020 Update: Based on ongoing analysis and emerging scientific data, FDA has revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) to use hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19 in certain hospitalized patients when a clinical trial is unavailable or participation is not feasible. We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19. As a result, we determined that the legal criteria for the EUA are no longer met.

https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/26290/

Statement from Yale Faculty on Hydroxychloroquine and its Use in COVID-19

We are seriously alarmed for the safety of patients and the coherence and effectiveness of our national COVID-19 emergency response when misinformation about HCQ is spread and when rigorous scientific evidence and consensus produced by the community of expert researchers in infectious diseases, federal agencies and national and global health organizations are not heeded.

Let us be clear: we are unanimous in our desire to see the development of therapies to treat COVID-19 and to prevent the transmission or acquisition of SARS-CoV-2. If HCQ was shown to be effective, even among subgroups of patients with COVID-19 in ongoing high quality trials, we would join our colleagues in promoting access to it for all who need it. However, the evidence thus far has been unambiguous in refuting the premise that HCQ is a potentially effective early therapy for COVID-19.

https://medium.com/@gregggonsalves/statement-from-yale-faculty-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-its-use-in-covid-19-47d0dee7b2b0

Outcomes of 3,737 COVID-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin and other regimens in Marseille, France: A retrospective analysis

Conclusion

Although this is a retrospective analysis, results suggest that early diagnosis, early isolation and early treatment of COVID-19 patients, with at least 3 days of HCQ-AZ lead to a significantly better clinical outcome and a faster viral load reduction than other treatments.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302817?fbclid=IwAR2XKUte-ZsoUD8u8ZtZX_6Ykv7YMDttYV3JA1fVROl1hbfWqNQxNJDxros

• Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Outcomes of 3,737 COVID-19 patients ....

Outcomes were death, transfer to the intensive care unit (ICU), ≥10 days of hospitalization and viral shedding.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302817?fbclid=IwAR2XKUte-ZsoUD8u8ZtZX_6Ykv7YMDttYV3JA1fVROl1hbfWqNQxNJDxros

The Lancet published a study on HCQ which resulted in WHO pausing trials on this drug. The lancet retracted this study when it was pointed out data used was bogus.

How could The lancet get it so wrong?

How did The Lancet's now-retracted study on hydroxychloroquine make it through peer review?

Scientists around the world are resuming trials of the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine for possible use against COVID-19, after the retraction of a heavily criticised study into its effects and side-effects.

When the study was first published in the highly influential medical journal The Lancet, it prompted the World Health Organisation (WHO) to pause trials on the drug, which has long been used for preventing or treating malaria, as well as lupus.

Now the paper has been retracted, and the WHO trials are back on, after several of the paper's authors said they were not able to verify the contents of a database at the heart of the study.

So how did a paper of this size, with such apparent flaws, make it through peer review to publication in The Lancet? And how badly did it stall progress on assessing the drug's worth in the fight against coronavirus?

What was the study published in The Lancet?

The observational study was published in The Lancet on May 22 and described data purportedly collected from 671 hospitals around the world, including 96,000 COVID-19 patients, some of whom were treated with hydroxychloroquine.

It claimed that those treated with hydroxychloroquine or the related chloroquine had a higher risk of death and heart rhythm problems than patients who were not given the medicines.

As a result of the study, a number of clinical trials were put on hold.

But many scientists voiced concern about the study following its publication. Nearly 150 doctors signed an open letter to The Lancet questioning the article's conclusions, and calling for the peer review comments that preceded publication to be released.

Company which gathered the data did 'not have the capacity to do this'

The data was gathered by a Chicago-based company called Surgisphere, a company that many experts suggested was too small to be capable of handling such an immense data set.

"This tiny company does not seem to have the capacity or the personnel to be able to do this," ABC medical expert Dr Norman Swan said on the Coronacast podcast.

"This was exposed by The Guardian, particularly in Australia, because it was shown that the Australian data they used could not have been right … The figures just did not add up for Australia."

For example, the research paper cited 73 deaths from COVID-19 in Australia by April 21, when official case counts only reported 67 deaths by the same date.

Critics also pointed out that the sheer scale of the data set seemed too good to be true.

"If you actually look at what they're claiming that they've done, is that they've integrated a huge amount of de-identifying data from patients, which is very hard to do," Dr Swan explained.

"A lot of the hospitals that they could have done it from don't have the capacity to do it.

"Hospitals contacted by The Guardian and other organisations have said that they didn't know anything about Surgisphere and hadn't handed over their data to them. It just looks very fishy, indeed."

The Guardian reported that Surgisphere's "handful of employees" included a science fiction writer and an adult-content model.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-05/hydroxychloroquine-study-the-lancet-peer-review-coronavirus/12324118

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Is it a prophylactic measure to lessen the chance of contracting COVID or a treatment for those suffering from COVID?  You seem to be confusing the two.

He doesn't know the difference.

All he knows is "Orange Man Good!"

What I don't quite understand is why the Trumpalos are so eager to get -other- people to take it, rather than taking it themselves.

- DSK

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Mid said:

Hell, yes. Give him everything. Hydroxychloroquine, cocaine, heroin, some of that serious CIA LSD, shrooms, a big whack of cactus, and some PCP to keep him kinda slowed down.

Whatever the whitehouse said he took was a lie.

Every peice of information is designed to mislead those fucking Libruls.

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Suckers!

Oklahoma Wants To Return Its $2 Million Stockpile Of Hydroxychloroquine

According to The Frontier, Oklahoma is now seeking to return its hydroxychloroquine stockpile to FFF Enterprises. It remains unclear how much, if any, of its $2 million could be refunded.

They should seek reimbursement from the slush fund of the ex-President.

2 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Wow, none of these early Covid threads aged well for the herd of elk.  Shocking.

Their relationship with Trump is like the girl who believes anything even after evidence to the contrary.  "I promise, this time I won't dump it in your mouth...just do it.  WHOOPS! Sorry, that surprised me as much as it surprised you." Repeat repeat repeat.  

WTF? It's no secret that the little Fauci cocksucker published papers on the promising use of hydroxychloroquine in SARS.

Fauci's the renowned expert on SARS and unfortunately he's also an admitted liar. :ph34r: 

Science moves forward.  Fauci is no more a liar then Issac Newton.  Newton's theories have been supplanted by more complete theories.  Einstein's theories will eventually be as well. Science is not stagnant, and just because we thought the earth was held up by atlas at one point doesn't mean it is absolute truth. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Irish River said:

Science moves forward.  Fauci is no more a liar then Issac Newton.  Newton's theories have been supplanted by more complete theories.  Einstein's theories will eventually be as well. Science is not stagnant, and just because we thought the earth was held up by atlas at one point doesn't mean it is absolute truth. 

The whole "Fauci is a liar" theme is one of the Trumptards favorite ways of trying sound smart. The RWNJ's hated him long before CoviD-19 because he did not condemn gays for AIDS back in the day

- DSK

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Irish River said:

You're wasting your time, trying to reason with an unreasonable person.

Of course, he'll probably respond with a lame insult about a middle school teacher.

9 hours ago, Venom said:

WTF? It's no secret that the little Fauci cocksucker published papers on the promising use of hydroxychloroquine in SARS.

Fauci's the renowned expert on SARS and unfortunately he's also an admitted liar. :ph34r: 

Beneath contempt alert  . . what an amazing low life. 

37 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:
10 hours ago, Venom said:

And all the amazing cures due to "the hydroxy" just keep piling up, proving the Trumptards were right all along!

Oh wait.....

- DSK

52 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You could put the cretin on ignore, like most smart people. You don't need to see someone shit to know what it's going to smell like. 

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

For Sale. One million doses of Hydroxychloroquine. All offers considered. For financing options, contact the Ron DeSantis campaign. 

Okay bullshitter whatever you say.

Who the fuck would buy a million doses when it's readily available over the counter in most countries and the patent expired 40 years ago, to resell? That's just plain stupid. :lol:

Hydroxychloroquine, sold under the brand name Plaquenil among others, is a medication used to prevent and treat malaria in areas where malaria remains sensitive to chloroquine. Other uses include treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and porphyria cutanea tarda. 

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Okay bullshitter whatever you say.

Who the fuck would buy a million doses when it's readily available over the counter in most countries and the patent expired 40 years ago, to resell? That's just plain stupid. :lol:

Hydroxychloroquine, sold under the brand name Plaquenil among others, is a medication used to prevent and treat malaria in areas where malaria remains sensitive to chloroquine. Other uses include treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and porphyria cutanea tarda. 

You might want to ask a few Republican governors ya maroon.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

We have a winner. No more calls please.

The best part about Hydroxy-Qanon is that the Smartest GOP President from NY that we've ever seen took it and still got his virus. 

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Don't bother.  "Some men you just cain't reach..." without some really good psychotropic meds. 

25 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
27 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Don't bother.  "Some men you just cain't reach..." without some really good psychotropic meds. 

And a 2x4

- DSK

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Nobody? That what I thought. :D

5 minutes ago, Venom said:

Nobody? That what I thought. :D

Seriously? As helpful readers clearly pointed out above, your Venom sock is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

Seriously? As helpful readers clearly pointed out above, your Venom sock is an idiot.

Keep digging. :D

On 8/12/2020 at 6:16 AM, Fakenews said:

The article is dated June 4th.  We’ve learned a lot about Hydroxychoroquine since then, namely that it’s about as effective as bleach and sunlight in treating COVID.

Bad Doggie styling....

I'm just glad the orange one didn't get these guys spun up on blood-letting. 

19 hours ago, Fakenews said:
20 hours ago, benwynn said:

I'm just glad the orange one didn't get these guys spun up on blood-letting. 

I’m not.  A bunch of them might have bled out.

I'd like to see them covered in leeches.

The Lancet published a study on HCQ which resulted in WHO stopping all trials with the fake news saying it doesn't work which is constantly repeated by the blind sheeple. Has anyone noticed The Lancet has retracted that paper why are the media silent on this?

Does it say retracted did a small group of wise people point out it was all bullshit? https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

When you read the date on this why didn't the fake news mention this before the US election did it go against the narrative they were trying to construct?

Epub 2020 Oct 5.

Hydroxychloroquine is effective, and consistently so when provided early, for COVID-19: a systematic review

Abstract

HCQ was found to be consistently effective against COVID-19 when provided early in the outpatient setting. It was also found to be overall effective in inpatient studies. No unbiased study found worse outcomes with HCQ use. No mortality or serious safety adverse events were found. HCQ is consistently effective against COVID-19 when provided early in the outpatient setting, it is overall effective against COVID-19, it has not produced worsening of disease and it is safe.

Source- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33042552/

This Nobel prize winner says Fauci is an idiot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtgUGxxzB_c

I wonder when those Boomers who have been brainwashed by the fake news will   accept the truth.

hcq.jpg

hcq1.jpg

57 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

The Lancet published a study on HCQ which resulted in WHO stopping all trials with the fake news saying it doesn't work....    ...

The VA gave it to thousands of veterans, didn't do shit except for the ones it made sicker.

Brazil based their covid-19 response on hydroxychloroquine, it was a fucking bigger disaster than the do-nothing-except-brag-about-Operation-Warpspeed policy of Trump... Oklahoma bought 2 million doses and gave up giving it to people because it did nothing to help (except for making some people sicker, like the VA)

"The Hydroxy" is the new Jonestown Koo-Aid... take yours today!

- DSK

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The VA gave it to thousands of veterans, didn't do shit except for the ones it made sicker.

Brazil based their covid-19 response on hydroxychloroquine, it was a fucking bigger disaster than the do-nothing-except-brag-about-Operation-Warpspeed policy of Trump... Oklahoma bought 2 million doses and gave up giving it to people because it did nothing to help (except for making some people sicker, like the VA)

"The Hydroxy" is the new Jonestown Koo-Aid... take yours today!

- DSK

Perhaps you should contact the American Journal of Medicine and tell them to stop prescribing HCQ because you think you know more about this than they do.

Why does the AJM say HCQ should be prescribed with treating the Kung Flu?

Did they stop the trials of HCQ because the lancet published some bullshit they later retracted?

They could only find 20 recruits when they wanted 2000 did the fake news play a role in stopping volunteers for their trial?

On May 14, 2020, after about 1 million cases and 90,000 deaths in the United States had already occurred, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced it was launching an outpatient trial of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and azithromycin in the treatment of COVID-19.

A month later, the agency announced it was closing the trial because of the lack of enrollment with only 20 of 2000 patients recruited.

No safety concerns were associated with the trial.

Antimalarials

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an antimalarial/anti-inflammatory drug that impairs endosomal transfer of virions within human cells. HCQ is also a zinc ionophore that conveys zinc intracellularly to block the SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, which is the core enzyme of the virus replication.

The currently completed retrospective studies and randomized trials have generally shown these findings: 1) when started late in the hospital course and for short durations of time, antimalarials appear to be ineffective, 2) when started earlier in the hospital course, for progressively longer durations and in outpatients, antimalarials may reduce the progression of disease, prevent hospitalization, and are associated with reduced mortality.

A typical HCQ regimen is 200 mg bid for 5 days and extended to 30 days for continued symptoms. 

ajm-hcq.jpg

1 hour ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Perhaps you should contact the American Journal of Medicine and tell them to stop prescribing HCQ because you think you know more about this than they do.

Why does the AJM say HCQ should be prescribed with treating the Kung Flu?

Did they stop the trials of HCQ because the lancet published some bullshit they later retracted?

They could only find 20 recruits when they wanted 2000 did the fake news play a role in stopping volunteers for their trial?

ajm-hcq.jpg

Rigggght.   What's you bone in hydro?

Are you friends with mccullough, hydro manufacturers or pining for the trump days?

This isn't the whole article,  but it's enough to say... whoa, strange bedfellows who believe in a whole lot of woo. 

The article should be taken seriously, says Mathieson, because it is “peer reviewed”. The evidence is “now virtually beyond dispute,” he says.

But a check of the credentials of the journal in which it appeared – Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine  reveals that McCullough himself is the editor-in-chief of the journal in which he has published.

On top of that, the peer review process was astonishingly quick. The paper was submitted on 28 November, accepted after revisions on 15 December and published just a fortnight later.

Baylor Scott and White Health, which runs the medical centre where McCullough holds his position, told me that the article “does not reflect the views of Baylor Scott and White Health”.

The article argues for each of the component parts of the recommended cocktail of drugs in turn.

The main support for the use of hydroxychloroquine is a paragraph that claims “a continuously updated synthesis of studies” showed convincing benefits from hydroxychloroquine, including benefits in 63% of cases when administered in hospital treatment, and benefit in all cases where it had been used in early treatment.

Four other studies are cited in support of this claim. There are problems with at least three of them, and only one talks about early treatment.

The first, an observational study of patients hospitalised with Covid, examined a range of risk factors and concluded that hydroxychloroquine was associated with lower death rates – but this study was sharply criticised in letters to the editor of the journal where it was published. An expert in the field described it as “just not plausible”, methodologically flawed and its conclusions therefore “invalid”.

Another of the cited studies was described by a later systematic review as having “a moderate or serious risk of bias”. The authors of this study did not respond to emails seeking comment.

File photo of hydroxychloroquine pills Randomised control trials have demonstrated hydroxychloroquine has no benefit for reducing Covid outcomes, says US researcher Eli Rosenberg. Photograph: John Locher/AP

But most shocking of all, yet another of the cited studies concludes the opposite of what McCullough claims it says. Based on a study of 1,438 patients in New York, it found no benefit from hydroxychloroquine. The very small benefits detected were concluded to be statistically insignificant.

The lead author of this study, associate professor Eli Rosenberg of the University at Albany, has confirmed that it is “incorrect to reference our study as supportive of Hydroxychloroquine benefit”.

Since he published that paper, he says, randomised control trials had demonstrated that “hydroxychloroquine has no benefit for reducing Covid-19 outcomes” at any stage of treatment, including people not hospitalised and those at risk of infection. “The sum of the evidence indicates that researchers and providers should spend little energy on this drug, in favour of therapeutics that show actual benefit or promise for benefit.”

Yet on this shaky foundation, McCullough recommended an “urgent pivot” to his recommended regime of drugs, and has promoted this view widely.

McCullough’s article has also been published on the website of the worthy-sounding Association of American Physicians and Surgeons – which is in fact an interest group with links to the Trump administration. The Trump-appointed head of the Department of Health and Human Services, Tom Price, is a member, as was Republican senator Rand Paul. The AAPS is well known for campaigning against President Barack Obama’s affordable care act.

It has previously published articles questioning the safety of the measles vaccine and falsely suggesting that women who have abortions are at a higher risk of breast cancer. The AAPS site currently promotes a booklet that gives a “step by step” guide to home-based Covid treatment as something that could “save your life”, as well as an article by its lawyer suggesting the recent US election was “tainted beyond repair”.

• Like 1

Double down, bullshitters. Ron DeSantis will make you a deal on all the Hydroxychloroquine you want. Send your money to Florida and get your miracle cure. Forget about that vaccine, get the Good Stuff. 

The time to take it is before you get infected.  It is a prophylactic, not a cure.

https://qz.com/india/1968541/india-distributed-over-100-million-hcq-tablets-for-covid-19/

By then, several global medical research bodies had started raising red flags against the use of HCQ for these purposes. ICMR, however, defended the use of the drug saying it showed that HCQ was useful in treating Covid-19. “What we have been doing in India is different from the studies done anywhere else in the world in the sense that we have been checking whether it could work as a prophylactic medicine, whereas everywhere else it was given to positive patients as a treatment option. The results look like favourable in our population,” an ICMR official told national daily Hindustan Times in May defending the use of the medicine in India.

And it seems to have worked.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-continues-to-be-among-countries-with-lowest-per-million-covid-19-cases-deaths/articleshow/78908474.cms

Mortality-Observed-case-fatality-ratio-O

15 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

The time to take it is before you get infected.  It is a prophylactic, not a cure.

https://qz.com/india/1968541/india-distributed-over-100-million-hcq-tablets-for-covid-19/

By then, several global medical research bodies had started raising red flags against the use of HCQ for these purposes. ICMR, however, defended the use of the drug saying it showed that HCQ was useful in treating Covid-19. “What we have been doing in India is different from the studies done anywhere else in the world in the sense that we have been checking whether it could work as a prophylactic medicine, whereas everywhere else it was given to positive patients as a treatment option. The results look like favourable in our population,” an ICMR official told national daily Hindustan Times in May defending the use of the medicine in India.

And it seems to have worked.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-continues-to-be-among-countries-with-lowest-per-million-covid-19-cases-deaths/articleshow/78908474.cms

Mortality-Observed-case-fatality-ratio-O

Care to explain how 100 million prophylactic doses spread over 1.4 Billion people somehow kept rates lower?

Other factors more likely at play. 

8 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Care to explain how 100 million prophylactic doses spread over 1.4 Billion people somehow kept rates lower?

I'd be willing to bet that case records in India are kinda sketchy. I would trust their numbers less than I trust the OFFICIAL! Florida numbers. Brazil tried widespread treatment with HQL and had a huge disaster.

Hydroxychloroquine is a great medicine for lupus. It also has serious side effects.

It has no observed effect on viral infection, and has a slightly negative overall effect on CoviD-19 patients. Saying "it acts inside the cells" is woo-woo stuff for dumbasses, EVERYTHING "acts inside the cells."

There has been ZERO blinded studies of "the hydroxy" on covid, which means there is no science that says yes or no... but a hell of a lot of less-than-objectively-scientific studies indicate it does not do shit... except for the patients it harms

If you BEE-EEE-LIE-EEE-eeeve!! in "the hydroxy" because Father Trump told you so, then take it and enjoy.

- DSK

15 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

I'll take "Cannot Do Math" for $600, please, Alex!

- DSK

• Like 1

Believe, Bullshitters!  Your team Needs you to believe.  Take it.  Buy it and take it.  Buy lots of it.  Captain Ron will give you a great deal. Help the taxpayers of Florida recover our investment. Who wants that vaccine when you can get the Trump endorsed method of avoiding COVID 19.  

Get on the move, Bullshitters.  Keep the Faith! He with perfect Faith hath no need for perfect vision. 

5 hours ago, dfw_sailor said:

Lots of factors at play.  Urban density in Mumbai, Delhi etc.

Those are cites referencing the Indian Dept of health and actual infection and mortality statistics.

For guys who claim they want to follow the science, the politics seem to hold your heart.

Just now, Saorsa said:

Lots of factors at play.  Urban density in Mumbai, Delhi etc.

Those are cites referencing the Indian Dept of health and actual infection and mortality statistics.

For guys who claim they want to follow the science, the politics seem to hold your heart.

You might want to consider that India produces more PhD's and actual medical practitioners than the US and UK combined.

Hell, even Joe says they are taking over our country.  Why "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.