no community transmission in Qld and hence no pfizer vaccine either .

apparently should be stocks next week .

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LB 15

• Melibob

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're not in Lockdown yet, not even close.

My Grandfather waded ashore at Gaba Tepe in 1915 and held his brother as he died in his arms. His brother George was 18 years old and never made it to the beach.  He later served in France and 36 year

I just found out if you put Jack on ignore this 68 page thread becomes 3 pages...

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Pets have to eat

Meli is a public servant. What do you expect.

And one can't buy pet food at Woolies?

Or if one has to buy the NASA variety, go to the vets.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And one can't buy pet food at Woolies?

Or if one has to buy the NASA variety, go to the vets.:rolleyes:

We might need a sitter for our dog next week. Feel free to feed him woolies food and clean up after....

4 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

We might need a sitter for our dog next week. Feel free to feed him woolies food and clean up after....

Now I know how often you do the shopping:rolleyes:

You can buy Purina Supercoat and Optimum at woolies

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Now I know how often you do the shopping:rolleyes:

You can buy Purina Supercoat and Optimum at woolies

Not so often for dog food as we buy 20kg packs.

If there is even a hint of fish oil in the food, there is nothing solid to pick up. So we have to stick with a certain Hills. We had been trying him on more natural Aussie stuff but that gave him other issues.

Two anti mask protesters arrested at Paul Keating park in Bankstown.

How appropriate that two fuckwits are arrested at a park named after a fuckwit.

NSW Police confirmed two people have been charged, declaring the protest illegal.

"Two people have since been charged and another 8 Penalty Infringement Notices (PINs) issued for breaching the state’s Public Health Order after an unauthorised protest in Sydney’s south-west this afternoon", a NSW Police statement read.

• Like 1

This is fascinating to watch from afar. 105 new cases in NSW yesterday. The numbers are remaining remarkably constant, indicating to me that contact tracing and the soft lockdown are working pretty well, but not well enough to stop the spread. Not sure what the right response is now. Although a firm lockdown has been shown to stop the spread effectively, I presume there is no appetite for that, so do you all just keep going like this and push vaccination? Seems a tough way to do things, but nowhere as rough as much of the rest of the world last winter, and many other countries right now.

5 hours ago, TheDragon said:

This is fascinating to watch from afar. 105 new cases in NSW yesterday. The numbers are remaining remarkably constant, indicating to me that contact tracing and the soft lockdown are working pretty well, but not well enough to stop the spread. Not sure what the right response is now. Although a firm lockdown has been shown to stop the spread effectively, I presume there is no appetite for that, so do you all just keep going like this and push vaccination? Seems a tough way to do things, but nowhere as rough as much of the rest of the world last winter, and many other countries right now.

Well the "highly infectious Delta (India) variant" doesn't seem to be spreading exponentially even at 100+ cases a day!

49 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Well the "highly infectious Delta (India) variant" doesn't seem to be spreading exponentially even at 100+ cases a day!

MikeyKateAntiVax.jpg.a20d7a343be04e579bf01ca99b968b10.jpg

5 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Yeah, funny how lockdowns work. Moron.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TheDragon said:

Victoria went hard and fast lockdown midnight Thursday for 5 days. Numbers coming down, exposure sites going up. That's probably a good thing, only a handful of exposure sites since friday, all in essential food and service stations and all infections in the same chains from NSW. but probably need  another week to contain it.

NSW made the mistake of not going into a serious lockdown 4 days earlier and  still didn't go hard for nearly two week. Still not locking down as hard as they should be. Too many workers permitted movement and too many unneccessary retail outlets open. Garden shops, Hardware shops, pet suppliers etc. All places where people love to browse, especially on a sunny winters day. Saw this in Melbourne last year until we closed them down to tradies only

You need to follow "a tale of two cities" to get a true picture.

The BBC shipping forecast is more interesting than listening to the Gladys pressers and Morrison's vaccine fairytales, plus the content is factual too.

2 minutes ago, Frakka said:

The BBC shipping forecast is more interesting than listening to the Gladys pressers and Morrison's vaccine fairytales, and the content is factual.

I think the different approach to the press makes a difference.

Dan's are calm and interesting-ish because he spends a lot of time addressing questions. The reporters know they will all get a turn and ask more interesting measured questions. They get answered in detail and to the point. If the team don't know the answer, they say so.

Gladys pressers are a mad scramble to get a question in so the questions are repetitive, shouty, scrambled. The team ducks and weaves and rarely answer what the reporter asked.

Her team just reiterate the same advise from the day before and the day before and the day before as if from a script.

I'd not be surprised if people in Sydney have switched off.

26 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Gladys pressers are a mad scramble................

Without exception, all of the other State and Territory leaders speak with authority, no cajoling wheedling rhetoric, and their backup teams exude competence.

The drop in rank from Gold Standard to drover's dog has them rattled, Health Hazzard is unfit for his position.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I think the different approach to the press makes a difference.

Dan's are calm and interesting-ish because he spends a lot of time addressing questions. The reporters know they will all get a turn and ask more interesting measured questions. They get answered in detail and to the point. If the team don't know the answer, they say so.

Except when Dan was under the pump last year. Then he was the master of denial and avoidance.

Just now, The Dark Knight said:

Except when Dan was under the pump last year. Then he was the master of denial and avoidance.

Well maybe, unlike some, he's learned. Move on.

Between evil Dan and the Wicked Witch of the North (as explained to my 4 year old), tomorrow my family will be homeless and locked down in this shit whole state. Our only hope is for Evil Dan to do what he does best and be a total cunt and after he gets his satisfaction, he will ease our lockdown and maybe we can escape to the Good Witches Kingdom just north of Sicktoria. The Good witch will allow us to shelter until the Wicked Witch allows Sickorians into her Banana Kingdom.

10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well maybe, unlike some, he's learned. Move on.

he hasn't learned. Just wait until the media have some genuine concerns about a matter that Dan is not comfortable with. He will return to type.

4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So you didn't like his "independent commission" defence?

I'm not sure if I liked it, as I CAN'T RECALL what I may or may not have said

1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

I was Dan's way of avoiding answering questions. It was like the best of a "Yes Minister" storyline

Sir Humphrey would be very proud. Just been rewatching a lot of Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister recently. I loved watching it in the 70's & 80's when I was quite young and loving it even more today more than 40 years later.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Between evil Dan and the Wicked Witch of the North (as explained to my 4 year old), tomorrow my family will be homeless and locked down in this shit whole state. Our only hope is for Evil Dan to do what he does best and be a total cunt and after he gets his satisfaction, he will ease our lockdown and maybe we can escape to the Good Witches Kingdom just north of Sicktoria. The Good witch will allow us to shelter until the Wicked Witch allows Sickorians into her Banana Kingdom.

You're getting hysterical. FKT is currently locked down in Sydney, also away from home. He's not terribly impressed with Gladys lockdown light.

Victoria will be out soon, so go to Sydney and get locked down for longer there.

On 7/18/2021 at 12:24 AM, The Dark Knight said:

Where are you going next week?

4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

A liberal party utopia?

It's  a bit confusing. He  says he's leaving his dog behind from next week yet he also claims he's homeless and locked down in Melbourne. Where's the Dog?

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Where are you going next week?

looking for a dog friendly AirBnB in your part of town. Should be able to get good lockdown pricing. Just need Dan to tell us how long to make the first booking for.

It's  a bit confusing. He  says he's leaving his dog behind from next week yet he also claims he's homeless and locked down in Melbourne. Where's the Dog?

that comment was based on being locked down and not finding a dog friendly place to stay. Needing dog friendly really limits our choices.

Just now, The Dark Knight said:

looking for a dog friendly AirBnB in your part of town. Should be able to get good lockdown pricing. Just need Dan to tell us how long to make the first booking for.

Have you just sold up in Melbourne and were hoping to move interstate?

Commiserations.

You could have my place if Scotty would let me out.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

that comment was based on being locked down and not finding a dog friendly place to stay. Needing dog friendly really limits our choices.

I could take your dog if Boo doesn't try to eat it.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Sold house here, have a rental waiting for us in Brisvegas. Removals coming tomorrow and delivering next week. Zero desire to do 2 week hotel quarantine in QLD. When we are allowed to leave, we will go to north nsw coast until Anna lets us in.

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Have you just sold up in Melbourne and were hoping to move interstate?

Commiserations.

You could have my place if Scotty would let me out.

The wishful plan gave us a family roadtrip including a liferaft delivery to the boat. Then I should have been doing a 2h Pittwater-GC race simulation alongside the S2GC race fleet (sailing stuff).

If this current outbreak started a week later, we could have at least rushed up. Shit timing.

35 minutes ago, Alhadder said:

Sir Humphrey would be very proud. Just been rewatching a lot of Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister recently. I loved watching it in the 70's & 80's when I was quite young and loving it even more today more than 40 years later.

Same here. Back then I never considered that the scripts could have been based "reality". It did help teach me to read between the lines when politicians speak.

What sort of dog is it?

Cat friendly? Seriously, if you get desperate I could take it in for a couple of weeks if it's happy to stay upstairs most of the time away from Boo and just get walked once a day. Boo lives in the kitchen and sunroom and can't get upstairs . She might get used to it after a few days. She's not vicious or aggressive just "other dog shy"

PM me.

12 hours ago, TheDragon said:

indicating to me that contact tracing and the soft lockdown are working pretty well

The contact tracing will wear thin or fail soon enough. People will stop logging in through frustration, fatigue or forgetfulness.

7 minutes ago, Ncik said:

The contact tracing will wear thin or fail soon enough. People will stop logging in through frustration, fatigue or forgetfulness.

The Q code thing is still pretty strong here. But we have people on the doors of the supermarkets enforcing it. 

I think Victorians do have experience from last year more than anyone of what it's like when let loose.

We are weary but aware. Most people seem resigned to the necessity of these lockdowns now. Bit like a well rehearsed drill. 

But it is taking a toll on mental health.

33 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Same here. Back then I never considered that the scripts could have been based "reality". It did help teach me to read between the lines when politicians speak.

Blackadder is also a fave...as evadent B)

Back on subject - McGowan was supposed to be holding a press conference as of 7 minutes ago but it's been pushed back to 1245 WST. Probably about the cargo ship that docked at Freo this morning with 7 suspected Covid +ve cases.

42 minutes ago, Alhadder said:

Blackadder is also a fave...as evadent B)

Back on subject - McGowan was supposed to be holding a press conference as of 7 minutes ago but it's been pushed back to 1245 WST. Probably about the cargo ship that docked at Freo this morning with 7 suspected Covid +ve cases.

Can't be late if you just push the time back.

This is tragic.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-19/nsw-records-fifth-death-from-delta-outbreak/100305326

New South Wales has recorded its fifth death from the COVID-19 Delta outbreak after a woman in her 50s was found dead inside her home in Green Valley in Sydney’s south west.

The ABC understands the woman is the mother of twin removalists charged with breaching public health orders after travelling from Sydney to the Central West.

South Australia

SA Premier Steven Marshall announced a series of new restrictions at a press conference on Monday afternoon.

Enhanced state-wide restrictions begin from midnight Monday and will be reviewed on Friday, Marshall said.

Whilst avoiding lockdown for the moment, South Australia will return to level four public activity, meaning all non-essential retail will close.

The four-square-metre rule will return, with seated food and beverage consumption allowed only and outdoor dining only.

Masks will need to be worn inside - in all public places - and on public transport, and outside where social distancing is not possible.

Indoor fitness venues will be closed as will all personal care services such as nail salons, hairdressers, and beauty spas.

No team or club sport will be allowed and a maximum of 10 people will be allowed to attend private gatherings.

“We only have one chance to get this right, we’re assuming it’s the Delta variant, we want to go hard and go early,” Marshall said.

An initial list of exposure sites has been released by SA Health but as contact tracing gets underway for the new case that list is expected to expand.

Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier said close contacts of the new COVID case would be interviewed and tested before a decision on lockdown was made.

22 minutes ago, trt131 said:

This thread is so repetitive from Meli and Ease.  Same old shit all the time, Dan is good, Gladys is bad

Might we have an opinion from you about Gladys performance?

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Might we have an opinion from you about Gladys performance?

Not interested in @trt131's opinion on Chairman Dan? Typical blinkered MelishortforTrump.

Just now, 00seven said:

More tragic than other recent Covid deaths? The ones you've made no mention of?

Yes more tragic. Dying alone at home? I am assuming she was alone because of the way it was reported. Others have to date, died in hospitals with as much care as could be provided.

5 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Between evil Dan and the Wicked Witch of the North

Getting really fucking boring posting shit about people who are working hard to save your arse.

Shit's me that they are allow Mexicans into this state at all.  Ungrateful complaining cunts that they are.

2 minutes ago, random. said:

Getting really fucking boring posting shit about people who are working hard to save your arse.

Shit's me that they are allow Mexicans into this state at all.  Ungrateful complaining cunts that they are.

Oi!

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Oi!

Those who move here are it seems, just ask him.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Yes more tragic. Dying alone at home? I am assuming she was alone because of the way it was reported. Others have to date, died in hospitals with as much care as could be provided.

Assuming? And you're also assuming it was covid that killed her. She died while infected is all that's been said, what about co-morbidities? 

The twins weren't too fussed about her health, they were off delivering furniture....

Just now, random. said:

Those who move here are it seems, just ask him.

Mmmm. And my Bestie <_<

Some people are just so hysterical about this, even normally sensible people.

You never know how anyone is going to react. Some real eyeopeners.

3 minutes ago, 00seven said:

The twins weren't too fussed about her health, they were off delivering furniture....

Yeah, tragic for the family too. I think this was their mother.

They claim that they were already in Orange when they got the call from NSW health, didn't speak good english and asked NSW health to call their boss. That was Saturday. I wonder where they were in Iso and if anyone bothered to contact Mum. 

Maybe she didn't live with them. Who knows? But someone died alone. And thats tragic.

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Yeah, tragic for the family too. I think this was their mother.

They claim that they were already in Orange when they got the call from NSW health, didn't speak good english and asked NSW health to call their boss. That was Saturday. I wonder where they were in Iso and if anyone bothered to contact Mum. 

Maybe she didn't live with them. Who knows? But someone died alone. And thats tragic.

That she died alone is still an assumption. Do we know when she was diagnosed? Nope. The twins were notified on Saturday, what about mum? This is a ME family, notorious for close family ties. Had she been dying in her residence for 2 weeks undiagnosed? Unattended?

Way too many unknowns to make any kind of assumptions here.

23 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Mmmm. And my Bestie <_<

Some people are just so hysterical about this, even normally sensible people.

You never know how anyone is going to react. Some real eyeopeners.

On the phone to a family member a couple of days ago.  Asked him what he was doing about vaccinating.  He said he had no plans to at this stage, then added.

"Why would I, I don't know anyone, who knows anyone who has had the virus.  Do you?"

5 minutes ago, random. said:

On the phone to a family member a couple of days ago.  Asked him what he was doing about vaccinating.  He said he had no plans to at this stage, then added.

"Why would I, I don't know anyone, who knows anyone who has had the virus.  Do you?"

Yeah, one of my workmates' mother caught it in one of the nursing homes last year. 90+ tough old bird, she survived without being too sick. A number of other residents were not so fortunate.

16 minutes ago, 00seven said:

That she died alone is still an assumption. Do we know when she was diagnosed? Nope. The twins were notified on Saturday, what about mum? This is a ME family, notorious for close family ties. Had she been dying in her residence for 2 weeks undiagnosed? Unattended?

You can get sick and die quite quickly. Austin1972 was one such I understand. :(

You can get sick and die quite quickly. Austin was one such I understand.

That's dirty pool Meli. Manipulating a passed members' memory for your argument is pretty low. Fact is Austin wasn't tested for Covid. Your understanding and your assumptions have about the same value. Don't do that shit, it's not your place. Really.

Cut from Greever's OP on the subject

"He had been sick for the past month"

28 minutes ago, 00seven said:

007 - she was diagnosed with Covid. Probably how her removalist sons got it. Maybe she was too ashamed to seek help.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-19/nsw-records-fifth-death-from-delta-outbreak/100305326

31 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
37 minutes ago, random. said:

Yeah, one of my workmates' mother caught it in one of the nursing homes last year. 90+ tough old bird, she survived without being too sick. A number of other residents were not so fortunate.

Just to be sure, I was not asking you, he was insinuating that the virus was bullshit.

5 minutes ago, 00seven said:

That's dirty pool Meli. Manipulating a passed members' memory for your argument is pretty low. Fact is Austin wasn't tested for Covid. Your understanding and your assumptions have about the same value. Don't do that shit, it's not your place. Really.

Um..this isn't a competition. 

I'm simply saying it's a fact that many people have been known to die within 24-48 hours of symptoms. Austin had autoimmune issues and had been sick for a while but not at deaths door AFAIK. His GF assumed it was Covid related.

I'm manipulating nothing, wouldn't even occur to me. I liked Austin very much. A kind and gentle man.

13 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Which is about how long some people take to die from COVID.

Fuck of with your Faux outrage, no one gave you the gatekeeper job, you don't even know your own town.

1 minute ago, random. said:

Just to be sure, I was not asking you, he was insinuating that the virus was bullshit.

oh. OK, didn't read the punctuation well. Waiting for new specs. :)

19 minutes ago, Alhadder said:

007 - she was diagnosed with Covid. Probably how her removalist sons got it. Maybe she was too ashamed to seek help.

Or maybe she didn't understand what to do about it.

The messaging has been confusing. Don't go to pharmacy, don't go to doctor (call first) stay at home, get tested etc.

Gladys and Kerry talk too much and their language isn't direct and simple.

It can't be easy if your english skills are not good.

We had these issues of messaging in the immigrant community last year. A lot of isolation and not all are well connected with their different community leaders even assuming they have a local community.

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Um..this isn't a competition. 

I'm simply saying it's a fact that many people have been known to die within 24-48 hours of symptoms. Austin had autoimmune issues and had been sick for a while but not at deaths door AFAIK. His GF assumed it was Covid related.

I'm manipulating nothing, wouldn't even occur to me. I liked Austin very much. A kind and gentle man.

Well, you could have simply said that couldn't you? Without dragging Austin into the discussion and making another assumption.

When was the twins Mum diagnosed??

YOU don't know. Did the twins get their dose from mum? NOBODY knows at this stage.

1 hour ago, random. said:

Which is about how long some people take to die from COVID.

It's also about how long MORE people survive it. You're a troll, an idiot, a bullshitter.

Meli's saying 24-48 hours, you're saying a month. Who would I believe?

Neither of you 2 for starters....

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

What sort of dog is it?

Cat friendly? Seriously, if you get desperate I could take it in for a couple of weeks if it's happy to stay upstairs most of the time away from Boo and just get walked once a day. Boo lives in the kitchen and sunroom and can't get upstairs . She might get used to it after a few days. She's not vicious or aggressive just "other dog shy"

PM me.

Thanks for the offer, but we'll be right. Eddie is a labradoodle a total softie and absolutely fantastic with our daughter. 

3 hours ago, random. said:

"He looks like a pig, but with a different nose"

That's my daughters opinion of you.

She is fascinated by the Bin Chicken because they scared her when we were up north but like them on Bluey

19 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Thanks for the offer, but we'll be right. Eddie is a labradoodle a total softie and absolutely fantastic with our daughter. 

K,

Man I feel bad for you Aussies. You a tree either going to have to live with pretty draconian restrictions for years and years or get a very rude awakening if you fully open up and the virus gets a foothold (which it will if you open). Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.  Effective so far (benefit of an island nation) but at what cost and how long can it continue?

17 minutes ago, Wess said:

Man I feel bad for you Aussies. You a tree either going to have to live with pretty draconian restrictions for years and years or get a very rude awakening if you fully open up and the virus gets a foothold (which it will if you open). Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.  Effective so far (benefit of an island nation) but at what cost and how long can it continue?

The third option is they could choose to get vaccinated before opening up.  

Last I saw they were pretty far behind on that front and... I think there is much truth to still be told about the vaccine effectiveness against already widespread and other up and coming variants.

I suspect that when this is all said and done (which is years away) there will not be much difference in mortality as a function of population in any country regardless of what they did... I think it will be the timing of the deaths that will differ. 

In other words all boats eventually rise or fall to similar levels with those that had a lot of mortality early possibly doing better on average.

3 minutes ago, Wess said:

Last I saw

there is much truth to still be told

I suspect that when this is all said and done (which is years away)

In other words all boats eventually rise or fall to similar levels

You don’t think your complete lack of facts and evidence is obvious do you?

you live in an odd echo chamber, just like the government employed elite you are. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

The third option is they could choose to get vaccinated before opening up.  

Yeah, we're waiting on Pfizer and Moderna supply. Our PM fucked the orders up. we'll be right.

You'll see numbers start to dramatically go up from  August when the AZ people like me get their second shot and when our next batch of Pfizer gets here. 

If we can just keep the Delta from flooding in the meantime :)

12 minutes ago, Wess said:

How effective do you think AZ is against delta?

Wess,

Instead of asking questions (rhetorical questions), try and be more constructive and helpful supplying answers.

If you have the data handy for the 2 or 3 studies on AZ'z vaccine on Delta, offer that data up. 

I recall that it is barely effective after one dose and 92% effective at preventing hospitalization after both doses. I cannot recall how effective it is at preventing any infection . the number 70% rings a bell but I dont have time to look it up. Perhaps Wess will look it up for us.???

No.  Go find it yourself.  Because as usual you are full of shit. Don't know what else to say. Time and time again you post biased information that is misleading.  Preventing hospitalization is the least relevant to the discussion.  Preventing the spread is most relevant.

The AZ vaccine is only about 60% effective against the delta variant against symptomatic infection.  Against asymptomatic infection - you know the thing you care about if you want to stop the spread - its so low nobody has published meaningful result yet but rest assured its below 60%.  Against asymptomatic infection in cohort that has no prior covid infection... I dare not suggest how low that number will be.  Delta is a big problem for especially for a country that has done as well at Australia.

Oh and they only have about 11% fully vaccinated.  Like barely out of single digits.

2 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Wess,

Instead of asking questions (rhetorical questions), try and be more constructive and helpful supplying answers.

If you have the data handy for the 2 or 3 studies on AZ'z vaccine on Delta, offer that data up. 

I recall that it is barely effective after one dose and 92% effective at preventing hospitalization after both doses. I cannot recall how effective it is at preventing any infection . the number 70% rings a bell but I dont have time to look it up. 

I believe your numbers are correct for either the Wuhan strain or Alpha variant, but I don't believe there have been any peer reviewed studies on the Delta variant, since it is relatively new - or at least was not of interest until recently.

24 minutes ago, Wess said:

No.  Go find it yourself.  Because as usual you are full of shit. Don't know what else to say. Time and time again you post biased information that is misleading.  Preventing hospitalization is the least relevant to the discussion.  Preventing the spread is most relevant.

The AZ vaccine is only about 60% effective against the delta variant against symptomatic infection.  Against asymptomatic infection - you know the thing you care about if you want to stop the spread - its so low nobody has published meaningful result yet but rest assured its below 60%.

Ultimately, that is probably the most important thing.  But how do you propose that be done?

This is where vaccines can play a huge role IMO.  An Israeli study showed the Pfizer vaccine can greatly decrease viral load and that leads to the correspondingly reduced viral shedding. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01316-7 so while an infected vaccinated person can expel the virus, it is unlikely sufficient to be an infectious dose (for most people, since I don't know if they have been able to quantify exactly what is an infectious dose.

Anyways, a short quote from the article:

"...test results after inoculation with the BNT162b2 messenger RNA vaccine, we found that the viral load was substantially reduced for infections occurring 12–37 d after the first dose of vaccine. These reduced viral loads hint at a potentially lower infectiousness, further contributing to vaccine effect on virus spread."

• Like 1