1 hour ago, TheDragon said:

Meanwhile 145 new cases in NSW. All beyond frustrating. 

Well, they are too traumatized by having to do their own nails, not gather to chat,  and deal with their kids to stay home instead of going to 5 or 6 essential stores each day. Those Sydney people seem quite soft and spoiled by the nanny state. Try reading hyperlocal Mosman and Manly news, gawd what a bunch of lady wankers. 

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• LB 15

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

Having just spend 2 weeks in FNQ, Çorona is a mexican beer up there. Bars packed. no facemasks, no social distancing and QR codes are a joke. I was waiting outside the Wollies in Arlie beach for about

Posted Images

On 7/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, Melibob said:

7500 "Freedom" protesters in QLD.

Am I surprised?

Drone image over Brisbane city revealing thousands of people on the streets.

Ol' Mel the segregator and finger pointer is alive and well I see.

One can not fail to notice your obsession in corralling people into classes and then finger point.  

If I were to lower myself to such, I'd say you're acting like a typical whinging Pom trying to enforce your class based society bullshit again.

Now back to the real world where we're not looking for boxes with labels to stuff everyone into and blame, just mucking in getting on with it.  

If you look hard enough, you can see me on one of the rooftops with the coppers. Maybe Mel would prefer if the NSW coppers there (doing their level best to co-ordinate to help keep us all safe), we tossed off the building and fed them to the crowd. 

Nasty evil NS Welshmen. 

23 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Over ordering? You do understand that you we will all need a booster every year don't you? 

Forever and ever
Forever and ever
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

One can not fail to notice your obsession in corralling people into classes and then finger point.  

If I were to lower myself to such, I'd say you're acting like a typical whinging Pom trying to enforce your class based society bullshit again.

Now back to the real world where we're not looking for boxes with labels to stuff everyone into and blame, just mucking in getting on with it.  

If you look hard enough, you can see me on one of the rooftops with the coppers. Maybe Mel would prefer if the NSW coppers there (doing their level best to co-ordinate to help keep us all safe), we tossed off the building and fed them to the crowd. 

Nasty evil NS Welshmen. 

Um..that Photo is Brisbane I believe.

2 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Forever and ever
Forever and ever
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

Some people get their teeth cleaned a couple of times a year. At least once?

Some people get flu shots annually figuring why not and I get 10% off my next supermarket shop (I load up on spices and detergent and expensive stuff then).

Some people get tetanus shots before they step on a rusty nail. Actually now it's  TDAP but oh well.

Some people go for a mash and flash yearly. A very good idea as it turns out.

So a booster? Not much drama in that.

3 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Nasty evil NS Welshmen.

All true, Shaggy, but a waste of time.

After all, Meli is the one who, after bitching about the Sydney infection blowout and screaming for tighter lockdown, claimed that doing that for the areas actually the major source would be the equivalent of 'Kristallnacht'.

And probably actually believes it. No no no, cannot do anything nasty like targeting infection sources if they happen to be non-English speaking immigrants. Must give those people a pass, else it wouldn't be 'fair'.

Really, you can't make this shit up. Even a satirical TV program couldn't get away with that level of stupid double-think.

FKT

31 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

After all, Meli is the one who, after bitching about the Sydney infection blowout and screaming for tighter lockdown, claimed that doing that for the areas actually the major source would be the equivalent of 'Kristallnacht'.

And probably actually believes it. No no no, cannot do anything nasty like targeting infection sources if they happen to be non-English speaking immigrants. Must give those people a pass, else it wouldn't be 'fair'.

Really, you can't make this shit up. Even a satirical TV program couldn't get away with that level of stupid double-think.

FKT

what happened early on in melbourne is exactly like what is happening in sydney.

locking down small areas with high caseloads doesn't work.

identifying communities doesn't work.

blaming multiculturalism on poor government messaging doesn't work.

the lessons of melbourne are ignored because of nsw exceptionalism.

reality is going to give that exceptionalism a big kick up the arse.

5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

what happened early on in melbourne is exactly like what is happening in sydney.

locking down small areas with high caseloads doesn't work.

identifying communities doesn't work.

blaming multiculturalism on poor government messaging doesn't work.

the lessons of melbourne are ignored because of nsw exceptionalism.

reality is going to give that exceptionalism a big kick up the arse.

Don't think I'm defending the NSW handling - I think everyone has fucked up.

Just it's pretty much useless to disingenuous to attempt to equate locking down an area in an attempt to stop the spread of infection with one of the worst abuses of a targeted population group in recent history. Yet Meli is quite happy to go there. Next step for people like her is defending the right of people to not get vaccinated (which I'd agree with) and yet not restrict their movements or interactions with others, because that wouldn't be 'fair'.

Only one path back to (relative) normality and that's getting as many people vaccinated as fast as possible. On that score we're not doing well. Carrot & stick, with the stick being, if you *don't* vaccinate, that's absolutely your choice, but you're not getting on a plane (local public transport harder to enforce though equally desirable) and you're not working in any customer-facing job.

But these border restrictions for the vaccinated have to go and go soon. A year ago there was justification but as time goes on and the number vaccinated rises, no. The Fed Govt should put the States on notice that there's a drop-dead date on doing this.

FKT

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Just it's pretty much useless to disingenuous to attempt to equate locking down an area in an attempt to stop the spread of infection with one of the worst abuses of a targeted population group in recent history. Yet Meli is quite happy to go there. Next step for people like her is defending the right of people to not get vaccinated (which I'd agree with) and yet not restrict their movements or interactions with others, because that wouldn't be 'fair'.

Only one path back to (relative) normality and that's getting as many people vaccinated as fast as possible. On that score we're not doing well. Carrot & stick, with the stick being, if you *don't* vaccinate, that's absolutely your choice, but you're not getting on a plane (local public transport harder to enforce though equally desirable) and you're not working in any customer-facing job.

But these border restrictions for the vaccinated have to go and go soon. A year ago there was justification but as time goes on and the number vaccinated rises, no. The Fed Govt should put the States on notice that there's a drop-dead date on doing this.

FKT

I will give credit where due.

NSW went earlier than Vic did last year. NSW testing and contact tracing is a lot better than Vic last year.

But, they seem to be in less of hurry to crush community spread. Almost as though they think they can have a more balanced approach.

No jobkeeper might be part of the thinking.

Remember that vaccination does not prevent spread and Feds have little ability to get between states....

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

But these border restrictions for the vaccinated have to go and go soon. A year ago there was justification but as time goes on and the number vaccinated rises, no.

Dreaming.................currently 13.1% fully vaccinated 17.5% one jab, the Doherty Institute already know the target number for easing restrictions, 80% of everyone over 12 years, they knew it months ago but its too unpalatable for pFizzer* Morrison.

22 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The Fed Govt should put the States on notice that there's a drop-dead date on doing this.

The Feds have no authority to do this, already ruled on by the Supreme Court, but in the unlikely case of a reversal WA have contingency plans in place to fall back to the No 1 Rabbit Proof Fence.

* the “p” in pFizzer is for “Pinnocchio”.

• Like 1

NSW records 172 new COVID-19 cases, 60 in community while infectious

Both numbers on the rise every day. Gold Standard NSW Right there. Really showing us how it's done right. I really wish McCunt managed our state like that. I'd love to have spent a month in lock-down and still have cases rising. 3 days in lock down and zero cases is just plain boring.

The government should take away their vaccines until they lock-down hard enough and give them to us.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Bullshit. I was replying to Mo's nasturtiums about Muslims.

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Libelous bullshit bolded.

I'm getting my second AZ tomorrow. 3 weeks early.

AFAIC anyone that doesn't get vaccinated  can stay in hard lockdown. Forever. 

They're parasites. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Frakka said:

The Feds have no authority to do this, already ruled on by the Supreme Court, but in the unlikely case of a reversal WA have contingency plans in place to fall back to the No 1 Rabbit Proof Fence.

I wish you'd actually get an education on reality.

The Fed Govt absolutely DOES have the authority, see my earlier post quoting the legislation. They don't even have to pass any new laws, just make a declaration, get the GG to sign off on it and then start issuing proclamations.

The fact that they're not using their authority is a separate issue as to whether they actually HAVE it or not. They definitely have it and that's why the buck stops with Morrison no matter how much he tries to hide behind the Premiers. The series of fuck-ups may cost him government and if so, he'll deserve it.

And IIRC the High Court - NOT the Supreme Court, once again you demonstrate your lack of education - ruled that any restrictions by the States had to be proportionate to the risk involved else they were violating Sect 52 of the Constitution. States do not have carte blanche to close their borders to people & goods at whim.

12 months ago, the risk profile was different. Now, if someone like that fat pig Palmer with deep pockets wanted to challenge after being vaccinated, he might get a different result. Dunno. But it'd be interesting to see someone try.

Interesting article in today's Australian on how some of these fuck-ups happen. Basically trying to be too clever by half and trying to achieve multiple objectives simultaneously. The use of hotels for quarantine is a classic example, as is Dan's fuck-up with inadequate hotel security a year ago in Melbourne. Since then he does seem to have learned so I'll give him that.

The NSW mob - well, you get one fuck-up early on and that was the Ruby Princess. After that, it's all on you. I simply cannot fathom how any Govt paying any attention at all allowed people like that driver for foreign air crew to do that job without being fully vaccinated. We had the vaccines and we knew about the infectivity. There is no excuse for that and heads should roll over it.

Vaccination rates seem to have picked up recently....

FKT

9 minutes ago, Melibob said:

Libelous bullshit bolded.

Suuure, Meli.

So your position is that we can and should compulsorily vaccinate people, then? You won't defend peoples' right to not get vaccinated?

Should be amusing seeing you try to get out of this one.

Also I note you're not defending your way OTT reference to Kristallnacht.

I'm getting my 2nd shot of Astra at the 6 week point FWIW.

FKT

7 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Suuure, Meli.

So your position is that we can and should compulsorily vaccinate people, then? You won't defend peoples' right to not get vaccinated?

Should be amusing seeing you try to get out of this one.

Also I note you're not defending your way OTT reference to Kristallnacht.

I'm getting my 2nd shot of Astra at the 6 week point FWIW.

FKT

Do you have a comprehension problem?

I said they should be kept in hard lockdown forever. Of course they do have a choice. Get vaccinated and you can come out and live with the rest of us.

No compulsion required.

Is lockdown getting to you?

Because you're being even more disingenuous than usual.

Got better things to do than play silly word games with you.

I've never had the slightest tolerance for anti vaxxers pre or post covid.

I have children, and those that put my kids or other kids at risk because they rely on other people  "risking" their children in order to keep their own little darlings from getting a mild fever are contemptable parasites.

End of.

NT leads the country with 25% fully vaxxed, 10% ahead of national average.

Least troubled by Covid and best vax rate. 

Population of NT = 246K

Population of Brisbane = 2439000K

Well fucking done NT.  Way to fucking go!

Q7L.gif

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, random. said:

Population of NT = 246K

Population of Brisbane = 2439000K

Well fucking done NT.  Way to fucking go!

Q7L.gif

Queersland is the lowest vax uptake state. None of this AZ rubbish hey, not good enough for you.

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

132,000 people in Darwin.

1/4 (66,000) vaccinated 

well done

48 minutes ago, Melibob said:

132,000 people in Darwin.

1/4 (66,000) vaccinated 

well done

You need to do your sums again. 66K isn't 1/4 of 132K.

4 minutes ago, 00seven said:

You need to do your sums again. 66K isn't 1/4 of 132K.

You are correct, sorry. 

so Darwin has vaccinated 33 thousand. well done.

considering that over 40% of the Australian military have been fully vaccinated and Darwin hosts about 5 regiments and a few battalions, 4500 at the Robertson barracks alone that's a fair few boosting the numbers I would imagine. But well done the young people rolling up their sleeves.

7 minutes ago, Melibob said:

You are correct, sorry. 

so Darwin has vaccinated 33 thousand. well done.

considering that over 40% of the Australian military have been fully vaccinated and Darwin hosts about 5 regiments and a few battalions, 4500 at the Robertson barracks alone that's a fair few boosting the numbers I would imagine. But well done the young people rolling up their sleeves.

What's your point?

25% of the NT is vaxed 2 doses. 246K X .25 is 61.5K fully vaxed. 1.8K (your 40% claim) are from the military, 59.7K aren't.

Your math is attrocious. Your imagining is stupid.

Hmm.

A thought. Last Friday Scomo said there was no Pfizer vaccine stockpile to give to NSW.

Then suddenly, another 50,000 shots appeared.

Where did this come from?

Then I read that the military are in the 1b cohort for vaccination. Fine.

Of course they are mostly under 50.

Bing. They have been allocated Pfizer. Fine.

Surely the Feds have a federal stockpile for the Military?

Hmm..I wonder where those 50,000 pfizer shots came from?

Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutly no problem with our young ADF personell getting the ATAGI reccomended vaccine.

But I do wonder if our Covid logistics commander and Scomo had a little chat.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/21/more-than-40-of-australian-defence-force-fully-vaccinated

But information presented in response to questions on notice from the last round of Senate estimates shows the overwhelming majority of ADF vaccinations involved Pfizer.

“As at 18 June 2021, 6,200 Defence personnel had been vaccinated with AstraZeneca vaccine and 34,064 Defence personnel had been vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine,” the department said at the time.

5 minutes ago, Melibob said:

Hmm.

A thought. Last Friday Scomo said there was no Pfizer vaccine stockpile to give to NSW.

Then suddenly, another 50,000 shots appeared.

Where did this come from?

Then I read that the military are in the 1b cohort for vaccination. Fine.

Of course they are mostly under 50.

Bing. They have been allocated Pfizer. Fine.

Surely the Feds have a federal stockpile for the Military?

Hmm..I wonder where those 50,000 pfizer shots came from?

Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutly no problem with our young ADF personell getting the ATAGI reccomended vaccine.

But I do wonder if our Covid logistics commander and Scomo had a little chat.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/21/more-than-40-of-australian-defence-force-fully-vaccinated

But information presented in response to questions on notice from the last round of Senate estimates shows the overwhelming majority of ADF vaccinations involved Pfizer.

“As at 18 June 2021, 6,200 Defence personnel had been vaccinated with AstraZeneca vaccine and 34,064 Defence personnel had been vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine,” the department said at the time.

the 50,000 appeared like magic

Stop desperately trying to find a conspiracy

We probably got a delivery

image.thumb.png.35ba6444eaadb611d4dea2219c0a5970.png

And no, this is not the 50,000, but DHL is part of the supply chain here.

Really Meli, you need to get a life. I don't spend my days desperately looking for something to blame Dan for. I'm more than happy to wait for the headlines. 

I'm just wondering. Wouldn't you expect the Feds to have a stockpile for the ADF?

If we had a little transparency from this Gov, I wouldn't need to wonder. 

I wouldn't expect this gov to tell the truth if our lives depended on it.

In a statement, a Health Department spokesman said the Commonwealth did not have a stockpile of Pfizer vaccines.

"In addition, the Commonwealth is able to provide NSW with an additional 50,000 doses of Pfizer this week. 

"These additional doses are due to more doses than expected being delivered by Pfizer. 

"The Commonwealth does not have a stockpile of Pfizer vaccines. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-26/mark-mcgowan-slams-extra-pfizer-for-nsw/100323476

but

The doses will not be taken from allocations already made to the other states and territories, after that request from NSW was flatly rejected yesterday.

Instead, the doses will come from a small federal contingency of Pfizer doses.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-24/covid-live-victoria-nsw-extreme-risk-zone/100319672

21 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

They don't even have to pass any new laws, just make a declaration, get the GG to sign off on it and then start issuing proclamations.

Tell'em he's dreaming” note from the GG to Canberra if he ever got wind of such a harebrained scheme.

Today the conditions that satisfy the Emergency Management Act under which the borders were closed are no better thanks to Gladys and Morrison for their virus and vaccine management respectively.

Nevertheless, in an election year I'd like to see “Two Jobs” Morrison have a go, conspiracy theorist Palmer would be a shoe in as the star witness. The odds-on favourite to prosecute the Fed's case would be AG in waiting Christian Porter but his diary is pretty crowded these days, what with fending off rape allegations and things.

17 hours ago, 00seven said:

Pretty sure the vax rate has almost everything to do with how many shots were allocated to them.

Like here in WA it's just booked out for a couple months. If there were shots available, then the percentage vaxxed would be higher.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Frakka said:

Tell'em he's dreaming” note from the GG to Canberra if he ever got wind of such a harebrained scheme.

I note your decided shift from claiming that the Feds don't have the authority to an assertion that the GG wouldn't allow them to use those powers. Which is pure speculation on your part.

You comprehensively lost that one. The Feds most definitely do have all the heads of power that they need under the Australian Constitution. They're just not willing to use it.

Bored now. You're not very good at this.

Ah well, a longer lockdown period. Annoying but financially quite rewarding.

FKT

16 hours ago, Melibob said:

I'm just wondering. Wouldn't you expect the Feds to have a stockpile for the ADF?

If we had a little transparency from this Gov, I wouldn't need to wonder. 

I wouldn't expect this gov to tell the truth if our lives depended on it.

In a statement, a Health Department spokesman said the Commonwealth did not have a stockpile of Pfizer vaccines.

"In addition, the Commonwealth is able to provide NSW with an additional 50,000 doses of Pfizer this week. 

"These additional doses are due to more doses than expected being delivered by Pfizer. 

"The Commonwealth does not have a stockpile of Pfizer vaccines. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-26/mark-mcgowan-slams-extra-pfizer-for-nsw/100323476

but

The doses will not be taken from allocations already made to the other states and territories, after that request from NSW was flatly rejected yesterday.

Instead, the doses will come from a small federal contingency of Pfizer doses.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-24/covid-live-victoria-nsw-extreme-risk-zone/100319672

You've become as bad as Randumb with the endless covid conspiracy theories

8 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Some GP's in Victoria have had their Phizer allocation restricted.

I know of about 100 people who have had their 2nd dose delayed by 7 days.

Another Victorian with access to the national Med records data base? Do you actually know 100 people well enough to be making claims on their vaccination status?

How about some cites?

2 hours ago, darth reapius said:

Pretty sure the vax rate has almost everything to do with how many shots were allocated to them.

Like here in WA it's just booked out for a couple months. If there were shots available, then the percentage vaxxed would be higher.

Please see Meli's post from March in this thread...

Current wait list for Pfizzer is 2-3 weeks delay. 2-3 days for AZ. My local GP is doing vax clinics 3 days a week from 3-6 in the arvo for a dozen people a session. About 15 minutes rotation and a fresh 12 people roll in. 

8 minutes ago, 00seven said:

How about some cites?

personal experience not enough for you ?

SWMBO was turned away due to nil stocks , received 1st shot a week later .

3 minutes ago, Mid said:

OK. That has not much (bugger all actually) to do with the post I responded to though.

Another Victorian with access to the national Med records data base? Do you actually know 100 people well enough to be making claims on their vaccination status?

How about some cites?

Why would the med records data base be relevant here?

OK. That has not much (bugger all actually) to do with the post I responded to though.

Not much to do with my post which you responded to?

You really are a fucking idiot!

If the place mid's missus went to had to rebook appointments because of restricted deliveries, you think that only affected mids missus? Or more?

Do you think restricted deliveries only affected 1 place?

Have I called you a fucking idiot yet?

22 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Why would the med records data base be relevant here?

Who are these 100 people? How do you know? 

Bad language & name calling is all you've got.

3 hours ago, 00seven said:
3 hours ago, Mid said:

Q7L.gif

• Like 1

177 new NSW cases, going in the wrong direction. So sorry.

9 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Mostly rubbish but with some merit.

I did like some comments though

Sydney is a madhouse. Queensland would most likely be the same, except even a virus finds Brisbane too ugly to spend too much time in.

Adelaide too, but I think of it as a mock-Tudor English village filled with serial killers, rather than a city

I don't know why Gladys thinks her whack a mole strategy is going to work.

Lock down 3 LGAs? Oh oh..lock down 5 LGAs?? oh no it's still spreading!! lock down 8..

Sydney will still be in lockdown lite in November the way she's going.

But the VCE students will be able to sit exams 

That's great even if the shops are still shut for Christmas.

Could WA cope with a Covid outbreak?

Looks grim.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-29/western-australia-health-system-concerns-covid-outbreak/100330336

A leading Perth emergency physician has raised concerns over the state of Western Australia's hospital system and its ability to deal with an outbreak of COVID-19.

Key points:

• Dr Peter Allely says the state's health system is running at a dangerous level
  • Ambulances spent more than 5,000 hours waiting to unload patients at emergency departments last month 
  • The nurses' union and the AMA have called for more beds and more staff

Peter Allely, the WA faculty chair for the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine, said "code yellows" – or internal disasters – were being called frequently across the state.

"To be honest, most departments are running at almost disaster level, at least several times a week," Dr Allely told 7.30.

"Everyone's feeling exhausted and burnt out. We haven't had a COVID outbreak in WA, and it kind of frightens me to think how our staff would cope if we did."

239 new cases

70+ infectious in the community.

It's Not working Gladys!!

What will it take to get the NSW government to get real?

500? 1000?

This focus on heavy handed police powers will simply increase resistance to lockdown.

IMHO, she couldn't be handling this worse if she tried.

17 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Remind us again of how Victorian lock down went? When did Vic go to stage 4? 600+/day wasn’t it?

That's exactly why NSW should be doing better you moron.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Melibob said:

Could WA cope with a Covid outbreak?

Looks grim.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-29/western-australia-health-system-concerns-covid-outbreak/100330336

A leading Perth emergency physician has raised concerns over the state of Western Australia's hospital system and its ability to deal with an outbreak of COVID-19.

Key points:

• Dr Peter Allely says the state's health system is running at a dangerous level
  • Ambulances spent more than 5,000 hours waiting to unload patients at emergency departments last month 
  • The nurses' union and the AMA have called for more beds and more staff

Peter Allely, the WA faculty chair for the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine, said "code yellows" – or internal disasters – were being called frequently across the state.

"To be honest, most departments are running at almost disaster level, at least several times a week," Dr Allely told 7.30.

"Everyone's feeling exhausted and burnt out. We haven't had a COVID outbreak in WA, and it kind of frightens me to think how our staff would cope if we did."

Little wonder McClown panics if another state has a slight cough.  He's trying to prevent is incompetence being found out.

The description of WA's hospitals reminds me of Sweden.

Darth should ask his lover why he has let the hospital system sink to a sad state. Blaming the previous government is not a valid excuse for a premier in his 2nd term (or is it more?)

45 minutes ago, Melibob said:

Wow. Full on police state in the offing . Aggressive angry and threatening speech from Police Minister.

they are liberals.

the party of personal responsibility and strong law and order.

that reads more oxymoronic than it sounds...

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Melibob said:

That's exactly why NSW should be doing better you moron.

They’re a lot further ahead than vic at the level of cases. 

Im not calling you a moron yet. 

So, what's the consensus of you Aussies on here, if remotely possible. NSW needs a real lockdown?

45 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

So, what's the consensus of you Aussies on here, if remotely possible. NSW needs a real lockdown?

NSW needed a Delta compatible lockdown 6 weeks ago .

Things they could have done

Limit exercise to 5km

insisted that employers arrange gov approved work permits for actually essential workers to move out of their 5K zone

Use the ADF for transporting essential goods

Talk to the supermarket chains about relocating staff to stores closer to home.

Uniform rules across all of Sydney and affected areas

Mandate use of QR codes

Whole lot of things proven to halt and suppress this should have been done at the start. They had blueprints available to them. Blueprints developed by the loneliness, pain and grief of other Australians in other outbreaks.

Their hubris and greed will be paid for. But mostly by the old and the poor . so that's alright.

37 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Consensus LOL

The answer depends on whether you believe in the magical money tree and are happy for people to suffer from depression and it's consequences, because they are going bankrupt, losing the family home because their business is bleeding cash, or casual workers cant afford their rent. Those people are happy to shut down the economy waiting for the vaccine rates to reach 80% or so. With no Covid in the community people will lose the urgency to get the vax again. AZ supplies will be exported because no one will take the minuscule risk that it has been tarnished with.

The wack-a-mole approach in NSW is only a problem because the other states will continue to keep their borders closed and live with their heads in the sand, or in Darth's case head up McClowns arse. 

NSW should be given Pfizer priority. The deadshit states that panic at the merest cough don't need it with any urgency as they are happy to shake the tree.

2 minutes ago, Melibob said:

Limit exercise to 5km

insisted that employers arrange gov approved work permits for actually essential workers to move out of their 5K zone

Mandate use of QR codes

Whole lot of things proven to halt and suppress this should have been done at the start. They had blueprints available to them. Blueprints developed by the loneliness, pain and grief of other Australians in other outbreaks.

Their hubris and greed will be paid for. But mostly by the old and the poor . so that's alright.

So says Professor Meli.....

We are 18 months into the pandemic, 6+ months into a vaccine rollout and they only have one tool to deal with covid, the "hammer of denial".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheDragon said:

NSW has a real lockdown.

Any harder and supermarkets shelves are empty, Hospitals go unstaffed, etc.

It's tight.

Results just take time.

5 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Consensus LOL

The answer depends on whether you believe in the magical money tree and are happy for people to suffer from depression and it's consequences, because they are going bankrupt, losing the family home because their business is bleeding cash, or casual workers cant afford their rent. Those people are happy to shut down the economy waiting for the vaccine rates to reach 80% or so. With no Covid in the community people will lose the urgency to get the vax again. AZ supplies will be exported because no one will take the minuscule risk that it has been tarnished with.

The wack-a-mole approach in NSW is only a problem because the other states will continue to keep their borders closed and live with their heads in the sand, or in Darth's case head up McClowns arse. 

NSW should be given Pfizer priority. The deadshit states that panic at the merest cough don't need it with any urgency as they are happy to shake the tree.

You think those small business will survive a raging pandemic when all their casual workers get sick or are not able to work because their looking after sick family members?

NSW is being given Pfizer priority.

And are those shots being given to essential workers? Those living in Hotspots that need to work in the supermarkets and deliver essential supplies?

Nope, she's giving them to VCE students. always with an eye on new voters is Gladys.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

We are 18 months into the pandemic, 6+ months into a vaccine rollout and they only have one tool to deal with covid, the "hammer of denial".

Gladys you agree. NSW is still in denial.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Consensus LOL

You got shares in oxygen companies?

8 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I'm glad you're happy to put your unvaccinated child first in the line of denial.

She's only today mandated masks outside. But only in the (now) 8 LGAs. So that's OK. 

People are able to work while waiting for a result (as long as they don't have symptoms) and can get tested in the LGA they work in.

WTF?

Tradies, and cleaners, will be able to work in occupied settings long as they don't have contact with residents.

But where will Felicia go while her essential cleaner from Fairfield is scrubbing the floors?

Oh, I'm sure there's some essential gourmet shopping she can do for 3 hours within 10km.

Yeah, that's going to work.

57 minutes ago, Melibob said:

Limit exercise to 5km

Mandate use of QR codes

Starlin is that you back from the dead? 

12 minutes ago, Status quo said:

Starlin is that you back from the dead? 

I think you might mean Stalin.

So nice that the Swiss gnomes are keeping an eye on our little problems.:rolleyes:

Verbal bulletin on ABC news. 

NSW Police Commander Fuller has formally asked for ADF assistance.

If this is for policing assistance (just in time for a big anti lockdown protest maybe), isn't that unconstitutional?

If anyone is good at reading academic stuff.

https://www.unswlawjournal.unsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/11-Gray.pdf

WTF?

And it's not for Hotel Quarantine.

If there's not a full scale riot on Saturday you can laugh at me on Sunday.

Liberal or Labor, NSW has always had an authoritarian streak.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/defence-force-called-in-to-help-with-sydney-covid-19-lockdown-enforcement-20210729-p58e5e.html

The Australian Defence Force will assist with enforcement of Sydney’s lockdown following a formal request to Prime Minister Scott Morrison from NSW Police.

While NSW has previously declined an offer for military assistance with the operation to enforce COVID-19 public health orders, police said an escalation of efforts over the coming days justified the request.

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller made the formal request to the federal government for 300 Defence Force personnel, police said in a statement.

“With an increase in enforcement activity over the coming week, I have now made a formal request to the Prime Minister for ADF personnel to assist with that operation,” Mr Fuller said.

“The assistance of the ADF has been essential over the past 18 months – particularly during last year’s border operation, the ongoing hotel quarantine operation and the assistance provided with logistics support in the Police Operations Centre.”

NSW Police Minister David Elliott said the military had an effective and functional relationship with police.

“The Army’s unique skills and training have combined many times with those of our police officers to serve the people of NSW in times of crisis, such as the floods and severe bushfires we’ve experienced in recent years,” he said.

Last week, Mr Fuller said NSW had passed up an offer of Defence Force assistance in early July because transmission in south-west Sydney was taking place between household contacts, not in public places, and police already had an operation in motion.

On Thursday, the state government toughened police powers to enforce public health orders as part of a high-visibility operation.

NSW Police and Emergency Services Minister David Elliott welcomed the request for assistance.

“As I have said previously, support from the army will add another line of defence to the NSW Government’s crackdown on COVID-19 compliance,” he said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/nsw-police-request-adf-support-in-enforcing-sydneys-lockdown/news-story/e5413c51d7930b145486ed2b2d709a17

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I'm glad you're happy to put your unvaccinated child first in the line of denial.

If there was a sense of urgency brought on my the virus being inn the community, then millions more would have already had the jab. Complacency created by the unrealistic notion that we have "Beaten the virus" has caused millions of AZ shots to have not been used. 

29 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

If there was a sense of urgency brought on my the virus being inn the community, then millions more would have already had the jab. Complacency created by the unrealistic notion that we have "Beaten the virus" has caused millions of AZ shots to have not been used. 

No. The MEDIA are the reason people aren't getting the AZ shot.

6 people have died from the shot, in about 6 million people who have had the shot. Statistically it's one of the safest things in the world to put inside your body and is the most used shot worldwide. But every top headline, urgent news bulletin for a month every time it happens is "woman's death linked to AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine".

If complacency was the case, then why the fuck is everyone BEGGING for Pfizer shots throughout the nation? Because the media sucked the Viagra charged cock of the mRNA's.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Melibob said:

nice one :)

It's not really funny though.

Shhhhhh   I'm watching the Archery.

Just now, darth reapius said:

Bruh

What?  It's fucking awesome!

1 minute ago, random. said:

Shhhhhh   I'm watching the Archery.

I thought you started a "fuck the Olympics" thread? 

On Commercial telly is it?