Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Melibob said:

NSW needed a Delta compatible lockdown 6 weeks ago .

Things they could have done

Limit exercise to 5km

insisted that employers arrange gov approved work permits for actually essential workers to move out of their 5K zone

Use the ADF for transporting essential goods

Talk to the supermarket chains about relocating staff to stores closer to home.

Uniform rules across all of Sydney and affected areas

Mandate use of QR codes

Whole lot of things proven to halt and suppress this should have been done at the start. They had blueprints available to them. Blueprints developed by the loneliness, pain and grief of other Australians in other outbreaks.

Their hubris and greed will be paid for. But mostly by the old and the poor . so that's alright.

 

 

17 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Not hearing what you all suggest NSW should do now. Lots of gnashing of teeth over the past mistakes, but this is the reality today, what does a government do now?

It's not too late to do what Victoria did after many false starts.

What ARE they doing?

Bringing in the army.:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • jack_sparrow

    2853

  • ShortForBob

    1657

  • LB 15

    1240

  • The Dark Knight

    1189

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheDragon said:

Not hearing what you all suggest NSW should do now. Lots of gnashing of teeth over the past mistakes, but this is the reality today, what does a government do now?

The only thing they can do.

FB_IMG_1627565486054.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Melibob said:

 

It's not too late to do what Victoria did after many false starts.

 

What, kill 800 people? I hope NSW don't do anything like what Victoria did. Try telling the relatives of the 800 people Andrews killed by his incomitance what a great guy he is. You really are completely blinded by politics aren't you?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

F966AD95-2EC8-4987-860B-E50929A68C96.jpeg

I had a physiotherapist built (and who dressed) like that. Highly recommended by one of my gay woman friends who told me that not only was this person a really good physio, I'd highly enjoy the scenery while getting tortured.

She was quite correct on all counts.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I had a physiotherapist built (and who dressed) like that. Highly recommended by one of my gay woman friends who told me that not only was this person a really good physio, I'd highly enjoy the scenery while getting tortured.

She was quite correct on all counts.

FKT

I knew a psychologist who was similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like we'll be an Island fortress for a while.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/national-cabinet-update-covid19-support-vaccine-targets/100338334

All but the most highly targeted lockdowns will end and the country will begin to reopen its international borders once 80 per cent of eligible Australians are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, Prime Minister Scott Morrison says.

Key points:

  • Federal, state and territory leaders have agreed to COVID-19 vaccination targets to end lockdowns and begin reopening the country
  • When 70 per cent of eligible Australians are fully vaccinated, lockdowns will be more selective and vaccinated people will be subject to fewer restrictions
  • When 80 per cent of eligible Australians are fully vaccinated, lockdowns will end almost entirely, and international travel will restart

The country remains in the first stage of the government's four-stage plan to return to normal, which seeks to suppress the virus using lockdowns as the primary tool.

Mr Morrison says phase B, the 'transition phase', will begin when the adult population has reached 70 per cent of people fully vaccinated, and a state wanting to move to the next stage would also have reached that target.

At that stage, case numbers would be less important for determining whether that state or territory imposed restrictions, he said.

Instead, it would be based on hospitalisations.

"Lockdowns in phase B are less likely, but they are possible ... in targeted cases and more targeted cases, they may be necessary in those circumstances, but they are not something that you would normally expect because of the much higher level of vaccination and protection that exists within the country," Mr Morrison said.

Restrictions on vaccinated people would be eased in phase B, but international border caps and low numbers of international arrivals would remain.

International travel begins again at 80 per cent vaccination rate

Once 80 per cent of the eligible population is fully vaccinated, COVID-19 will begin to be treated more like a seasonal flu, Mr Morrison said.

At that point there would be no more lockdowns, except for "highly targeted" lockdowns of vulnerable communities, caps on returning vaccinated travellers would be abolished, and vaccinated people would be allowed to leave the country, he said.

A travel bubble would be extended to other vaccinated countries.

"There will be a gradual reopening of inward and outbound international travel with safe countries, those that have the same sort of vaccination levels that Australia," Mr Morrison said.

States and territories will be able to move into a next stage when the national average for vaccinations, as well as that state or territory’s own average, meets the relevant vaccination threshold.

"We have to take each step together, and that starts with walking in the door of that vaccine clinic and seeing that GP, that pharmacist, the state hub, and getting that vaccine," Mr Morrison said. 

"Each step you take towards that is a step that Australia takes to where we all want to get to."

The final phase, where life returns to "almost" normal, has not got a vaccination target, as it is still "too hard to say what the situation will be down the track".

The targets had been agreed on in principle by National Cabinet, he said.

Children are not being counted as part of the total vaccination target that the country needs to reach, but Mr Morrison said children were still included in the government's vaccine rollout.

He also said there would be no set dates at which the country would move into a next phase, and so no 'Freedom Day' of reopening in the country as in the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

can anyone see any logic behind this?

Why on earth would you not let a fully vaccinated person leave and return?

With 14 days home Q 

So much for rewarding the vaccinated. They just just want our money spent here IMHO.

Yes, pissed off and sour grapes. But I'm not getting any younger.

  • When 80 per cent of eligible Australians are fully vaccinated, lockdowns will end almost entirely, and international travel will restart
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Melibob said:

can anyone see any logic behind this?

Why on earth would you not let a fully vaccinated person leave and return?

With 14 days home Q 

So much for rewarding the vaccinated. They just just want our money spent here IMHO.

Yes, pissed off and sour grapes. But I'm not getting any younger.

  • When 80 per cent of eligible Australians are fully vaccinated, lockdowns will end almost entirely, and international travel will restart

Remember when those old people on that cruise ship flew around the country and spread it all around?

Those same old people can now be fully vaccinated yet us under 40’s are still waiting for our turn.

Shut the fuck up

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Swanno said:

Remember when those old people on that cruise ship flew around the country and spread it all around?

Those same old people can now be fully vaccinated yet us under 40’s are still waiting for our turn.

Shut the fuck up

You shut the fuck up.

I cut my very small income by 2/3 (semi retired) in 2019 in order to travel. Can't get that back.

You can take AZ like my 28 year old and I did. (and being female and on hormone blockers, it's more likely to kill me than you) gees a one in a million risk. Your choice, stop whining.

I'm 62 and running out of time and fitness for backpacking, I'm allowed a small, first world whine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Melibob said:

You shut the fuck up.

I cut my very small income by 2/3 (semi retired) in 2019 in order to travel. Can't get that back.

You can take AZ like my 28 year old and I did. (and being female and on hormone blockers, it's more likely to kill me than you) gees a one in a million risk. Your choice, stop whining.

I'm 62 and running out of time and fitness for backpacking, I'm allowed a small, first world whine.

Simply unable to book if you’re under 39 in Western Australia.

Semi retired boomer having a moan. Who would have thought? 

Moan Moan Moan I’m so entitled moan moan moan.

You’ve fucked up enough. Time to sit down and shut up
 

 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Ask Dan, Anna, McClown and the other lockdown premiers. They will have been calling the shots.

And what's his name from Tas and SA?

.....there's two of em?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swanno said:

Simply unable to book if you’re under 39 in Western Australia.

Semi retired boomer having a moan. Who would have thought? 

Moan Moan Moan I’m so entitled moan moan moan.

You’ve fucked up enough. Time to sit down and shut up
 

 

really?

Gen Why? waiting too long for

your own fully furnished three bed home, two cars and a boat and your inheritance can be so annoying.

I've worked 25 years of my working life in hard manual work at minimum wages.

and my annual income is under 55,000 pro rata

No help from working class parents.

No superanuation for 20 years of that.

Entitled boomer? 

entitled brat.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-30/wa-premier-says-under-40s-should-not-get-astra-zeneca/100255666

Just the same as the rest of us

 

WA Health will not be providing AstraZeneca vaccine through its vaccine clinics to those under 60 years of age at this stage," Dr Robertson told the ABC in a statement.

"If people under 40 are thinking of getting the vaccine, they are encouraged to discuss their options with their own GP.

"Vaccination is the best way to protect our community from COVID-19."

just ask your GP. Like my 28 year old did.

Or perhaps you just like an excuse to moan about having to wait..again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swanno said:

Simply unable to book if you’re under 39 in Western Australia.

Semi retired boomer having a moan. Who would have thought? 

Moan Moan Moan I’m so entitled moan moan moan.

You’ve fucked up enough. Time to sit down and shut up
 

 

Are you sure?

I'm 30 and booked in for Aug 12 at Claremont Mass Clinic.

My mate who's the same age had his last week in Joondalup Mass Clinic and booked his the same day...

Another mate's Mrs showed up at closing time and got an end of day unused shot despite being only 25.

All Pfizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Melibob said:

can anyone see any logic behind this?

Why on earth would you not let a fully vaccinated person leave and return?

With 14 days home Q 

So much for rewarding the vaccinated. They just just want our money spent here IMHO.

Yes, pissed off and sour grapes. But I'm not getting any younger.

  • When 80 per cent of eligible Australians are fully vaccinated, lockdowns will end almost entirely, and international travel will restart

May be an image of food and text that says 'CORNFLA Kellogg's 3.5 HEAATING CORN FLAKES THE ORIGINAL BEST now with free "health expert" diploma inside 220g 220g ServingSuestion'

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Swanno said:

Simply unable to book if you’re under 39 in Western Australia.

Semi retired boomer having a moan. Who would have thought? 

Moan Moan Moan I’m so entitled moan moan moan.

You’ve fucked up enough. Time to sit down and shut up
 

 

You, Sir, are either a Troll or a bona fide aussie cunt.

You need to shut the fuck up, as you are neither helpful nor entertaining.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grog said:

You, Sir, are either a Troll or a bona fide aussie cunt.

You need to shut the fuck up, as you are neither helpful nor entertaining.

 

Righto, German

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Melibob said:

I'm 62 and running out of time and fitness for backpacking, I'm allowed a small, first world whine.

You really want to escape? Fly to Tasmania (except you can't ATM) then NZ. There is/was a travel bubble with NZ.

Once you're in NZ you can go anywhere that'll take you.

Don't bitch when you can't get back to Oz though. You leave, it's on you.

I can't even transit Victoria ATM even once I'm fully vaxed and get back home so my care factor for you going o/s isn't real high.

FKT

(I probably can transit Vic but I'll have to jump through a bunch of bullshit to do it - not ready to leave yet so currently moot)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You really want to escape? Fly to Tasmania (except you can't ATM) then NZ. There is/was a travel bubble with NZ.

Once you're in NZ you can go anywhere that'll take you.

Don't bitch when you can't get back to Oz though. You leave, it's on you.

I can't even transit Victoria ATM even once I'm fully vaxed and get back home so my care factor for you going o/s isn't real high.

FKT

(I probably can transit Vic but I'll have to jump through a bunch of bullshit to do it - not ready to leave yet so currently moot)

There's always a way to escape, but the above would involve doing something that's against the spirit of the rules. Where would we be if everyone did that? Ha ha NSW!! :D

Nah, though I'm not worried about "getting back" ( I intend to be gone for 6-12 months anyway) I'm not going to sneak through loopholes to get there. Just having a whinge.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Melibob said:

There's always a way to escape, but the above would involve doing something that's against the spirit of the rules. Where would we be if everyone did that? Ha ha NSW!! :D

Nah, though I'm not worried about "getting back" ( I intend to be gone for 6-12 months anyway) I'm not going to sneak through loopholes to get there. Just having a whinge.

 

Yeah well I can relate to that. I've another month of work to do, will be fully vaxed by then and want to go home. I drove up because I wanted a vehicle here and brought a fair bit of computer gear with me.

Could fly Sydney-Hobart and come back later for the vehicle but that's a PITA. We'll see how things go. Friend of mine did Mt Gambier to Port Melbourne then on the ferry. Last year I transited from Holbrook to Port Melbourne without dramas or stopping except to take a leak, but there was no restriction on crossing into Victoria then, just out of it.

I expect to do 2 weeks home isolation when back in Tasmania, happy to do that. I've a new mainsail I want to make anyway.

Rules are made to be gamed IMO. I'm not doing it WRT covid yet because I think the risk/reward ratio is bad WRT infection transmission possibilities. But I can if I decide to.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Melibob said:

How can you fly Sydney to Hobart? Hasn't Tassie got NSW locked out?

TBH, today I'm not sure. The rules change.

But generally yes, locked out, unless you're a Tasmanian resident, in which case you can apply to enter and it's granted in all the cases I know of. Might have to do quarantine hotel or home isolation depending on your risk profile, but they are letting people return.

2 people I know with their own yachts recently transited Eden to St Helens with prior permission and are on anchor sitting out their 14 days.

When the time comes I'll apply for re-entry and once granted I'll use that permission to apply to transit Victoria, with prior test or whatever required. Tasmania isn't the problem for me, I did this last year when nobody was vaxed, that's on record as is my full compliance with the home isolation. The local cop came & checked and I'm sure it's on file somewhere.

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bondi people take their cue from Gladys, this from her presser a couple of days ago...........

11.00 entrance
11.02 level of freedom
11.04 live more freely/chance at freedom/freedom/freely moving forward
11.05 freedom
11.33 freer/more freely
11.36 more freedoms/as freely as we can
11.37 if our state can live freely our nation can live freely

11.46 exit (courtesy EarthlingJ)

Gladys is missing today, probably mulling over a change of strategy to take this thing seriously and institute a lockdown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

So Vic is going to close the border to QLD. Qld has more cases than Vic and yet my family will have to quarantine if we were to fly to Qld next week.

this country is run by fucking morons.

This is news???

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

fancy thinking that you could do a better job than a moron but dont have the balls to put your hand up.

Why would I want to lower myself to become a slimy politician. I have self respect.

 

If you can't see that we are run by morons, then you are dumber than anyone would give you credit for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Why would I want to lower myself to become a slimy politician. I have self respect.

 

If you can't see that we are run by morons, then you are dumber than anyone would give you credit for.

You all need to keep in mind that 50% of the population is of below average intelligence. Also, political success proves nothing other than the ability to climb over other peoples' bodies, take credit for stuff you didn't do and blame others for all your fuck-ups.

There are exceptions - I can think of maybe 5 in the last 30 years at the Federal level.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You all need to keep in mind that 50% of the population is of below average intelligence. Also, political success proves nothing other than the ability to climb over other peoples' bodies, take credit for stuff you didn't do and blame others for all your fuck-ups.

There are exceptions - I can think of maybe 5 in the last 30 years at the Federal level.

FKT

I think that the worst are the career Politicians. All they know is how to kiss arse and play numbers within their chosen party.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

I think that the worst are the career Politicians. All they know is how to kiss arse and play numbers within their chosen party.

That's the vast majority on all sides. Career path - uni degree and member of the young politician club of choice, suck up for electoral officer/advisor position, knife other hopefuls while getting higher Party positions and visibility, suck up/service a more senior elected politician, position to replace or get pre-selected for election somewhere, keep working the numbers.

Nowhere there is any life experience or qualifications outside politics.

And when shit starts happening and spin can't cut it, it shows.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's the vast majority on all sides. Career path - uni degree and member of the young politician club of choice, suck up for electoral officer/advisor position, knife other hopefuls while getting higher Party positions and visibility, suck up/service a more senior elected politician, position to replace or get pre-selected for election somewhere, keep working the numbers.

Nowhere there is any life experience or qualifications outside politics.

And when shit starts happening and spin can't cut it, it shows.

FKT

Yep. I got close enough to meet and work near both a LIberal and Labour premier. Behind the scenes they were completely difference to their public persona. 

Out of all the pollys I've met, the ones who are very intelligent and capable in all counts to date are the Chief of Staffs. Razor sharp, effective and even genuinely likeable. I enjoy precision and watching them work a tasking is like watching a surgeon with a scalpel.   

Edit: actually that's not totally accurate. One fed minister had a Chief of Staff that was politically motivated and as dumb as a bag of rocks (so was the Fed minister) But they left office, so I don't count them as a valid datum point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Yep. I got close enough to meet and work near both a LIberal and Labour premier. Behind the scenes they were completely difference to their public persona. 

Out of all the pollys I've met, the ones who are very intelligent and capable in all counts to date are the Chief of Staffs. Razor sharp, effective and even genuinely likeable. I enjoy precision and watching them work a tasking is like watching a surgeon with a scalpel.   

Edit: actually that's not totally accurate. One fed minister had a Chief of Staff that was politically motivated and as dumb as a bag of rocks (so was the Fed minister) But they left office, so I don't count them as a valid datum point. 

About 25 years ago I got close enough to need to make one of those life direction decisions. I made the one that took me away from dealing with people who thought inconvenient facts were things you could ignore. I just didn't have the temperament to thrive in that sort of environment. Also the temptation towards malicious compliance just to see the resulting fallout was getting too great.

Made a hell of a lot less money as a result of that decision but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

A lot of the decisions WRT how the various Australian Govts have dealt with this virus have had me shaking my head. Don't these people actually learn ANYTHING?

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a friend who was diehard Labour but joined the Young Liberals because they had better social activities and more woman. He eventually got caught out and booted. He's still married to the woman he met there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I had a friend who was diehard Labour but joined the Young Liberals because they had better social activities and more woman. He eventually got caught out and booted. He's still married to the woman he met there.

 

Diehard Labor and pursuing "better social activities"?

I find that highly unlikely.

Whereas one does meet many people with money and/or  solid Labor principles, I've yet to meet a single one that would joint The Young Liberals for "better social activities"  or their women. :rolleyes:

And I've known a quite a few.

Maybe you're mixing the plot up with "About a Boy" :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Melibob said:

Diehard Labor and pursuing "better social activities"?

I find that highly unlikely.

Whereas one does meet many people with money and/or  solid Labor principles, I've yet to meet a single one that would joint The Young Liberals for "better social activities"  or their women. :rolleyes:

And I've known a quite a few.

Maybe you're mixing the plot up with "About a Boy" :D

So you are calling me a liar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

So you are calling me a liar?

No, just misguided. You wouldn't know what a Die Hard Labor supporter was if they kicked you in the arse. It involves immutable principles, one of which is not fraternising with the enemy :D

Your friend was probably just a poor soul who wanted more and would do anything to get there. Join the Union, Vote Labor, schmooze with the dim daughters of wealthy Liberal Party members and even attend  groovy Young Liberal tea dances. .anything. :D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Melibob said:

No, just misguided. You wouldn't know what a Die Hard Labor supporter was if they kicked you in the arse. It involves immutable principles, one of which is not fraternising with the enemy :D

Your friend was probably just a poor soul who wanted more and would do anything to get there. Join the Union, Vote Labor, schmooze with the dim daughters of wealthy Liberal Party members and even attend  groovy Young Liberal tea dances. .anything. :D

So you are still calling me a liar.

You are blinded by your own stupidity and bias.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Melibob said:

Diehard Labor and pursuing "better social activities"?

I find that highly unlikely.

Whereas one does meet many people with money and/or  solid Labor principles, I've yet to meet a single one that would joint The Young Liberals for "better social activities"  or their women. :rolleyes:

And I've known a quite a few.

Maybe you're mixing the plot up with "About a Boy" :D

You're a fucking hypocrite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Why would I want to lower myself to become a slimy politician. I have self respect.

 

If you can't see that we are run by morons, then you are dumber than anyone would give you credit for.

The only moron is you.

I whole heartedly have faith in anybody who believes the opposite to you.

Because you're the moron.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky News gets suspended from Youtube for a week after breaching covid 19 misinformation standards.

Good on you YouTube and fuck Murdoch and his hate filled taking heads.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

Sky News gets suspended from Youtube for a week after breaching covid 19 misinformation standards.

Good on you YouTube and fuck Murdoch and his hate filled taking heads.

 

Now how are the dark twins going to get their talking points?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I had a friend who was diehard Labour but joined the Young Liberals because they had better social activities and more woman. He eventually got caught out and booted. He's still married to the woman he met there.

 

Bullshit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dark Knight said:

I thought you had me blocked.

 

I saw you quoted, it too was bullshit that needed calling out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, random. said:

Bullshit.

Why do you say this?

I lean right, and was probably more so at uni. But I went to any event with beer, and queued up for those that included women with a pulse.

It was my debating society mates who introduced me to the young libs... who had free whiskey at invited events. Probably some hippy chick I was pursuing who took me to young labour. Worse drinks, but easier chicks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Why do you say this?

I lean right, and was probably more so at uni. But I went to any event with beer, and queued up for those that included women with a pulse.

It was my debating society mates who introduced me to the young libs... who had free whiskey at invited events. Probably some hippy chick I was pursuing who took me to young labour. Worse drinks, but easier chicks.

Yeah but, he said "friend".....

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Melibob said:

Diehard Labor and pursuing "better social activities"?

I find that highly unlikely.

Whereas one does meet many people with money and/or  solid Labor principles, I've yet to meet a single one that would joint The Young Liberals for "better social activities"  or their women. :rolleyes:

And I've known a quite a few.

Maybe you're mixing the plot up with "About a Boy" :D

I joined the young Liberals in my late teens - purely for the social activities. They had great parties and I pulled several roots.

Mind you any girl at a young labor event would obviously be pretty stupid, gullible and naive, but you would need to be able to overlook the appalling dress sense, dull conversation and hairy armpits. 

The only person that ever got a root at a young Labor event was Bill Shorten and the girl was asleep at the time. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I joined the young Liberals in my late teens - purely for the social activities. They had great parties and I pulled several roots.

Mind you any girl at a young labor event would obviously be pretty stupid, gullible and naive, but you would need to be able to overlook the appalling dress sense, dull conversation and hairy armpits. 

The only person that ever got a root at a young Labor event was Bill Shorten and the girl was asleep at the time. 

 

Ahhhh, a Gaetz wannabe ahead of your time,  huh LB? Shoulda migrated to Florida,  I hear the conservatives have blow, eccies, and fun young'ens down to a science.  No phones for posterity either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Ahhhh, a Gaetz wannabe ahead of your time,  huh LB? Shoulda migrated to Florida,  I hear the conservatives have blow, eccies, and fun young'ens down to a science.  No phones for posterity either. 

I have no idea who Gaetz is, and I couldn't be fucked googling it. I guess you didn't want to have sex with girls in your youth but hey, there is nothing wrong with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NSW 239 cases yesterday. 2843 active cases and who knows how many contacts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Now how are the dark twins going to get their talking points?

What! Isn't Sky only on foxtel, which i don't have ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

What! Isn't Sky only on foxtel, which i don't have ?

Sky isn't on Youtube for a week after breaching the Covid Truths requirements.

 Sky and News corp spreading misinformation? No shit!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

 

The only person that ever got a root at a young Labor event was Bill Shorten and the girl was asleep at the time. 

 

Would be fascinating to hear Bill and Christian Porter reminiscing about their early days in politics: The passionate discussions, the hard work, the free travel, the massive piss-ups, the getting away with rape..........good times!

I avoided leftist girls in my student days. A smelly dud root followed by a lecture on the imperialist aggressive nature of the penis was not my idea of a good time.

The entitled dumb upper-class girls were altogether easier. They had nicer rooms, better booze and much better personal hygiene. They also often had a keen desire to learn how to be really dirty in bed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Happy said:

Would be fascinating to hear Bill and Christian Porter reminiscing about their early days in politics:

but whatabout......

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Deranged Dan loving, hard lockdown, weld them into their houses, ring of steel, the only death worth preventing is a COVID death types here, some suicide and mental health stastics are starting to emerge.

It makes Glady's more measured approach look a lot more sensible

https://caldronpool.com/lockdowns-are-causing-an-international-epidemic-in-child-suicide/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rambler said:

For the Deranged Dan loving, hard lockdown, weld them into their houses, ring of steel, the only death worth preventing is a COVID death types here, some suicide and mental health stastics are starting to emerge.

It makes Glady's more measured approach look a lot more sensible

https://caldronpool.com/lockdowns-are-causing-an-international-epidemic-in-child-suicide/

 

Great source, so glad I clicked the link.

Please provide a better source of information to back up your claim. That one smells of freedumb.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's presser is a shambles..........

Gladys is firming as the P76 of pandemic management

Chant is rattled and reduced to “What Gladys said”.

Hazzard can't put a logical sentence together.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Get vaxxed!

Central Land Council now offering $500 for all employees to vax. From 2% to 50%+ vax rate achieved in 5 weeks

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Get vaxxed!

Central Land Council now offering $500 for all employees to vax. From 2% to 50%+ vax rate achieved in 5 weeks

Whatever works. I'd happily take the money, OTOH I'm doing it for free anyway.

What I want is exemption from these travel restrictions for fully vaxed people.

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Whatever works. I'd happily take the money, OTOH I'm doing it for free anyway.

What I want is exemption from these travel restrictions for fully vaxed people.

FKT

I'm for relaxation more than exemption. I had the 2nd AZ early June and I don't think letting me go to Bali (example) is a good call. NZ perhaps OK. Definitely not Greece, who know who you could run into....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 00seven said:

I'm for relaxation more than exemption. I had the 2nd AZ early June and I don't think letting me go to Bali (example) is a good call. NZ perhaps OK. Definitely not Greece, who know who you could run into....

Fuck, all I want to do is go home in September.

On the bright side, if I *can't* it's going to get quite expensive for the NSW Dept of Health. I put a clause in the contract WRT payment in the event of involuntary restrictions on movement. I didn't see why I should have to pay for something I couldn't control.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Fuck, all I want to do is go home in September.

On the bright side, if I *can't* it's going to get quite expensive for the NSW Dept of Health. I put a clause in the contract WRT payment in the event of involuntary restrictions on movement. I didn't see why I should have to pay for something I couldn't control.

FKT

I hear you mate, good luck with it.

Local exemptions should be relaxed for sure. More so for people like you that can truly isolate at home.

Meanwhile, Darwin has the olympians coming home through Darwin for a 2 week stay at Howard Springs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee, wouldn't those incentives to get a jab be put to better use buying vaccines for poor countries? I keep hearing how greedy rich countries are...from Australians. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like NSW and the virus are at a stalemate, 233 new yesterday. How does this end?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheDragon said:

Seems like NSW and the virus are at a stalemate, 233 new yesterday. How does this end?

Lots more people getting vaccinated, there really isn't any other way out of this.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Gee, wouldn't those incentives to get a jab be put to better use buying vaccines for poor countries? I keep hearing how greedy rich countries are...from Australians. 

Meli is a Pom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Gee, wouldn't those incentives to get a jab be put to better use buying vaccines for poor countries?  

I'm surprised they did so well in Maningrida, getting people vaccinated without incentives.  It's very common with our indigenous cousins.  My wife used to work for an indigenous health service in Darwin.  You'd think that looking after their own health would be an incentive, but no.  Even totally free wasn't enough.  They had to send a taxi or a minibus to collect the patients and still they wouldn't attend.  Morning tea?  Nup.  Tickets to the footy worked sometimes, but cash was the only thing that worked most of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary of today's presser...............

"Can I be very clear about this, look, please know that we have not shut the stable door but remain flexible in case the horse returns. Unfortunately the horse saw the door as his ticket to freedom, but please, please be rest assured that as he (the horse) moves freely and flexibly around the countryside that I will absolutely potentially continue with the gold standard heavy lifting."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites