7 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Dude - it's great that you are happy to be alive, and appreciate that the sun comes up each morning. (Seriously, not being sarcastic).

But can you also accept that other people are affected differently? I don't like that my son is missing out on his early teen years. I see adult friends depressed by not being able to ski. I feel bad that I have not been able to help family. I see a lot of folks who are drinking more because they don't see anything else worth doing.

I don't like lots of things.

Unfortunately fighting against reality doesn't work.

Move forward or get left behind......

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• LB 15

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Dude - it's great that you are happy to be alive, and appreciate that the sun comes up each morning. (Seriously, not being sarcastic).

But can you also accept that other people are affected differently? I don't like that my son is missing out on his early teen years. I see adult friends depressed by not being able to ski. I feel bad that I have not been able to help family. I see a lot of folks who are drinking more because they don't see anything else worth doing.

I don't "like it" that my kids are having to extend their Uni courses another year, I "don't like" that I can't do the 2-3 activities with other people that I usually do.

One way of coping is thinking about how much worse it is for those who's usual very small pleasures have been curtailed. 

Missing your Ski ing holidays?  Sure, but ft that's all people have to be depressed about, they can count themselves among the privileged.

I'd stop digging that hole now.

11 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Missing your Ski ing holidays?  Sure, but ft that's all people have to be depressed about, they can count themselves among the privileged.

I'd stop digging that hole now.

Sorry - I'm not talking about people who are missing a weeks holiday in the snow. I'm talking about people who work as instructors, lodge managers and ski patrollers. Vocation and livelyhood.

Do none of you have any empathy for people who have different lifestyles to yourself?

1 minute ago, Se7en said:

Sorry - I'm not talking about people who are missing a weeks holiday in the snow. I'm talking about people who work as instructors, lodge managers and ski patrollers. Vocation and livelyhood.

Do none of you have any empathy for people who have different lifestyles to yourself?

Different Job or different lifestyle? 

Depends on the lifestyle you're talking about.

Certainly I have little empathy for those that would expose people with a low income lifestlye, by insisting we open up so they can go skiing.

29 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Unfortunately fighting against reality doesn't work.

Move forward or get left behind......

"All progress depends on the unreasonable man. A reasonable man adapts himself to his lot, the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself". GBS

(FWIW I've already changed my locked down in Melbourne reality)

6 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Don't waste your time arguing with selfish stupid people who don't care about the people who are trying to live their life. Meli and easy are only at worst inconvenienced so they are ok with shutting down the economy.

15 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Nice edit

"I see adult friends depressed by not being able to ski." 

What do these friends do the rest of the year?

2 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Different Job or different lifestyle? 

Depends on the lifestyle you're talking about.

Ski bum lifestyle. Ski patrol here in winter. Instruct in Canada in our summer.

If that was your life, might you just be a little lacking in joie de vivre?

7 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Nice edit

3 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Ski bum lifestyle. Ski patrol here in winter. Instruct in Canada in our summer.

If that was your life, might you just be a little lacking in joie de vivre?

Don’t be silly. Lockdown gives her every reason to be on here all day long trying to piss people off. That is her life

sad as to be her

4 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Nice edit

I have not edited anything in this thread, so no idea what you are talking about

One does IT support part time and Ski patrol in winter. One is a currently unemployed engineering Project Manager who has been settling up his fathers estate. One does marketing and a ski holiday is the only time her extended family see each other. So what? Have you appointed yourself the judge of what people are allowed to be sad about? I can't believe you have so little empathy that you are arguing against me caring about friends who have said 'yeah, I'm not doing so well, struggling a bit here'.

I can however easily believe that you have no sympathy for me personally talking about being unhappy that my son is missing out on swimming - afterall he is the product of a priviledged upbringing where at least one of his parents leans right. How dare a teenage boy not just be thankful that he is allowed to ride his bike for an hour a day with one friend. He should just think back thankfully that once upon a time he got to hang out with his mates and play soccer after school.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

One way of coping is thinking about how much worse it is for those who's usual very small pleasures have been curtailed. 

You are pretty perverse if you gain relief by thinking about people who have things worse than you. If the misfortune of others makes you happier, you should consider having a really hard look at yourself.

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Don't waste your time arguing with selfish stupid people who don't care about the people who are trying to live their life. Meli and easy are only at worst inconvenienced so they are ok with shutting down the economy.

So you're not living your life now?

Or are you wasting your time, effort and health wishing for yesterday?

2 hours ago, 00seven said:

Don’t be silly. Lockdown gives her every reason to be on here all day long trying to piss people off. That is her life

sad as to be her

I was at work today. And will be at work tomorrow, and Thursday.

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

I have not edited anything in this thread, so no idea what you are talking about

One does IT support part time and Ski patrol in winter. One is a currently unemployed engineering Project Manager who has been settling up his fathers estate. One does marketing and a ski holiday is the only time her extended family see each other. So what? Have you appointed yourself the judge of what people are allowed to be sad about? I can't believe you have so little empathy that you are arguing against me caring about friends who have said 'yeah, I'm not doing so well, struggling a bit here'.

I can however easily believe that you have no sympathy for me personally talking about being unhappy that my son is missing out on swimming - afterall he is the product of a priviledged upbringing where at least one of his parents leans right. How dare a teenage boy not just be thankful that he is allowed to ride his bike for an hour a day with one friend. He should just think back thankfully that once upon a time he got to hang out with his mates and play soccer after school.

Especially considering that 1 friend is not allowed....

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

You are pretty perverse if you gain relief by thinking about people who have things worse than you. If the misfortune of others makes you happier, you should consider having a really hard look at yourself.

Stupid comment. 

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

Point completely missed.

No normal person gets pleasure from others misfortune.

It's about being greatful and appreciative of what one has.

Spend some time with your son. Cards, checkers, chess, movies.

Your missing out on the opportunities by wasting time searching for them. They are right in front of your face.

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

"All progress depends on the unreasonable man. A reasonable man adapts himself to his lot, the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself". GBS

(FWIW I've already changed my locked down in Melbourne reality)

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

Ah, now we're talking about simply being unhappy rather than depressed and struggling.

Actually, I don't think he'll even remember much about his early either pre or post Covid teenage years. Most of us don't.

And what they do remember is angst about spotty skin, annoying parents and being bored. So no real difference :D 

Some people spent their teenage years hiding from bombs, Nazis.

Some endured years on food rations

Some ate rats.

Some teenagers right now are trying to care for orphaned siblings and or nursing parents without access to medical supplies or health care.

So being sad about being locked down and not be out skiing or playing soccer (with all the delights available Via Deliveroo and Amazon) is kinda relative.

42 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I was at work today. And will be at work tomorrow, and Thursday.

One moment retired, semi retired the next. Your story changes on a whim.

You still only come here to piss people off. A dick move, but you do you.

3 hours ago, Se7en said:

No, in one way or another they live off the government

A chart shows Pfizer allocation to the primary care network in NSW.

An analysis of publicly available data raises more questions about the way COVID-19 vaccines have been distributed in Australia since the rollout started to ramp up in the middle of the year.

Key points:

• Data shows NSW received 45 per cent of the Pfizer doses allocated to primary caregivers, mostly GPs, in August
  • Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia received less than their share of the population
  • Operation COVID Shield says extra doses will be provided to other states, starting with Victoria, on September 13

NSW has been in the grip of the worst outbreak the nation has seen in 2021 and vaccines have been variously "brought forward" or "reallocated" to rush them to the troubled hotspots.

But the extent to which vaccine deliveries have been concentrated on NSW — at the cost of other states — may come as a surprise.

Back in late June, as Sydney's current outbreak was just taking off, NSW was receiving 32 per cent of the national Pfizer vaccine allocation through primary care — mostly GPs. 

That is roughly in line with NSW's proportion of the national population.

But by last month its allocation had jumped to 45 per cent. 

The real-world impact of the shifting of Pfizer vaccines to NSW, particularly given the much faster speed with which people can be double vaccinated, is significant. 

Based on these numbers, for example, it appears Victoria may have missed out on up to 343,000 Pfizer jabs between June and September, Queensland 100,000 jabs and Western Australia 114,000 jabs.

But more troubling is the apparent extra weighting of future Pfizer shot allocations to NSW for the remainder of the year. 

The Federal Department of Health "Horizon Allocation" document, updated in late July, forecasts the distribution of various vaccines until the end of December.

It shows Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia continuing to receive much less than their population's share of vaccines.

For example, Victoria would normally get about 82 per cent of NSW's allocation. 

But it is forecast to get between just 66 per cent and 69 per cent.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-06/nsw-gps-got-45-per-cent-of-pfizer-covid-vaccines-last-month/100380908

Just now, EYESAILOR said:

Seems like the right thing to do.  All states will benefit if you emphasize effort where outbreak is worst

There was plenty of AZ available.

Now Victoria is desperately trying to get the  kids vaccinated  to keep ahead of infections.

We and other states all have kids due to sit final exams and essential workers that need to be effecively vaccinated fast.

Yet 

The Federal Department of Health "Horizon Allocation" document, updated in late July, forecasts the distribution of various vaccines until the end of December.

It shows Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia continuing to receive much less than their population's share of vaccines.

9 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

An analysis of publicly available data raises more questions about the way COVID-19 vaccines have been distributed in Australia since the rollout started to ramp up in the middle of the year.

Key points:

• Data shows NSW received 45 per cent of the Pfizer doses allocated to primary caregivers, mostly GPs, in August
  • Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia received less than their share of the population
  • Operation COVID Shield says extra doses will be provided to other states, starting with Victoria, on September 13

NSW has been in the grip of the worst outbreak the nation has seen in 2021 and vaccines have been variously "brought forward" or "reallocated" to rush them to the troubled hotspots.

But the extent to which vaccine deliveries have been concentrated on NSW — at the cost of other states — may come as a surprise.

Back in late June, as Sydney's current outbreak was just taking off, NSW was receiving 32 per cent of the national Pfizer vaccine allocation through primary care — mostly GPs. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-06/nsw-gps-got-45-per-cent-of-pfizer-covid-vaccines-last-month/100380908

You have time & again said that every one that can shoild get the AZ. You encouraged yout kids to get AC (at least you yold us that)

NSW is hard hit, they need this right now. WA doesn't, SA doesn't, NT doesn't.

Why link this whingeing BS?

4 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

There was plenty of AZ available.

Now Victoria is desperately trying to get the  kids vaccinated  to keep ahead of infections.

We and other states all have kids due to sit final exams and essential workers that need to be effecively vaccinated fast.

Yet 

What % of cases does Vic have vs NSW?

9 minutes ago, 00seven said:

You have time & again said that every one that can shoild get the AZ. You encouraged yout kids to get AC (at least you yold us that)

But Victoria does.

You don't want transparency regarding Vaccine allocation?

While Lieutenant General Frewen has moved to try to increase the transparency of data about the vaccine rollout, there is still a lot of information we do not know.

The Northern Territory government, for example, will not release the vaccination rates for remote communities, preferring to bundle the numbers into broader regions that incorporate whiter, larger and better-vaccinated towns.

But the revelations of just how the rollout has been shared around the country may up the pressure on all governments to explain what they have been doing with their vaccines.

11 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

What % of cases does Vic have vs NSW?

A lot fewer for now and we'd like to keep it that way.

Kids taking the AZ now have the delightful option of taking the second shot early (6 weeks) and trading off 30% efficacy, or risking waiting 12 weeks and getting infected in a rapidly evolving situation. Because we had and have short  supply of Pfizer.

5 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

But Victoria does.

While Lieutenant General Frewen has moved to try to increase the transparency of data about the vaccine rollout, there is still a lot of information we do not know.

The Northern Territory government, for example, will not release the vaccination rates for remote communities, preferring to bundle the numbers into broader regions that incorporate whiter, larger and better-vaccinated towns.

But the revelations of just how the rollout has been shared around the country may up the pressure on all governments to explain what they have been doing with their vaccines.

You've got all the AZ you need right now. You've got all Phizer you need right now.

Don't try to put words in my mouth.

You're UNLINKED google is worth shit. You will whinge about anything, you're a sook

1 minute ago, 00seven said:

You've got all the AZ you need right. You've got all Phizer you need tight now.

Don't try to put words in my mouth.

You're UNLINKED google is worth shit.

Unlinked?

I suspect you didn't bother reading the post. Link's at the bottom

You're unhinged.

3 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Unlinked?

I suspect you didn't bother reading the post. Link's at the bottom

You're unhinged.

11 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

But Victoria does.

Where's your link? Are going to edit your post?

You are a fucking idiot.

Look, it's pretty simple.

All states and territories have plentiful access to a vaccine that now can be taken 4-8 weeks, AZ (depending on the state.)

Why does NSW still need the bulk of our supply? 

It wouldn't be because their AZ hesitants needs are greater than residents of Labor States would it? Nah.

41 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Key points:

The real-world impact of the shifting of Pfizer vaccines to NSW, particularly given the much faster speed with which people can be double vaccinated, is significant. 

Based on these numbers, for example, it appears Victoria may have missed out on up to 343,000 Pfizer jabs between June and September, Queensland 100,000 jabs and Western Australia 114,000 jabs.

But more troubling is the apparent extra weighting of future Pfizer shot allocations to NSW for the remainder of the year. 

Sigh.

Don't blame me that in your haste to call me out you didn't bother reading the full article :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, 00seven said:

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Doesn't matter.

Vaccines are supposed to be hand out by the feds to the states  based on population, not cases.

That doesn’t make a lot of sense.

You want the vaccine to get the best bang for the buck and face off the virus. A shot in the arm in a remote community in WA where there have been no cases within 200 miles is unlikely to have as much impact as a shot in the arm of a guy surrounded by ongoing covid cases.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

You want the vaccine to get the best bang for the buck and face off the virus. A shot in the arm in a remote community in WA where there have been no cases within 200 miles is unlikely to have as much impact as a shot in the arm of a guy surrounded by ongoing covid cases.

True enough in most cases here, but not when other states are battling a growing outbreak hard but slowly losing.

Prevention in all states is better than trying to chase this down.

If this gets into Aboriginal communities where there is AZ hesitancy NSW, WA,QLD and SA, it will be more than just deaths, it will kill whole cultures.

6 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

WA, TAS and NT have no local acquired cases in last 7 days. QLD has 3 SA has 2.

NSW has 24,860 active cases VIC has 610 QLD is next with 16.

It seems logical to those with more than half a functioning brain that vaccine priority should go to highest need.

If NSW swapped case numbers with VIC i doubt anyone from NSW would whinge about VIC getting priority

Initially Vic had no problem back in June July. But this inequitable distribution going on until December is just not on when other states may well be in the same situation in weeks.

1 minute ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

WA has 0 local acquired cases in last 7 days, SA has 2 QLD has 3 NSW has 9,226

What states apart from NSW and VIC are battling a growing outbreak?

sigh.

How often do you're horses bolt?

Look at Wilcannia.

3 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

WA, TAS and NT have no local acquired cases in last 7 days. QLD has 3 SA has 2.

NSW has 24,860 active cases VIC has 610 QLD is next with 16.

It seems logical to those with more than half a functioning brain that vaccine priority should go to highest need.

If NSW swapped case numbers with VIC i doubt anyone from NSW would whinge about VIC getting priority

If you are living in QLD or SA etc. it is in your own interest to support accelerated vaccination in NSW.   That is where the threat of a nationwide pandemic lies and 1 shot in NSW reduces your risk . 
if NSW gets totally out of hand, do you really think borders will prevent spread?  

5 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

If you are living in QLD or SA etc. it is in your own interest to support accelerated vaccination in NSW.   That is where the threat of a nationwide pandemic lies and 1 shot in NSW reduces your risk . 
if NSW gets totally out of hand, do you really think borders will prevent spread?  

So..why can't they take AZ like the rest of us?

How much do you know about the risk to our remote indigenous communities and culture?

It's too late to pretend that NSW vaxing 70% will stop the spread to the rest of Australia when all it seemingly takes with Delta are o couple of infected people coming out.

We all have to prepare.

sigh.

How often do you're horses bolt?

Nobody is suggesting all the vaccine should go to NSW, simply that the allocation is weighted towards addressing risk as well as population.

NSW is getting much less vaccine than the caseload would suggest.  It’s a balance.  Population and risk,  for the good of entire nation.

• Like 1

So..why can't they take AZ like the rest of us?

How much do you know about the risk to our remote indigenous communities and culture?

I know nothing about the risk to your indigenous communities.  If they need priority, you guys will figure that out.

AZ takes longer and it sounds like NSW needs a faster solution.  

It sounds like some of the other states have less immediate threat and could take AZ.

It’s ironic. We have plenty of vaccine but unwilling population 

3 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Nobody is suggesting all the vaccine should go to NSW, simply that the allocation is weighted towards addressing risk as well as population.

NSW is getting much less vaccine than the caseload would suggest.  It’s a balance.  Population and risk,  for the good of entire nation.

Again. Why couldn't they use AZ?

Those Phizer shots are needed for those that can't take AZ, not wont take AZ

1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

Seems like the right thing to do.  All states will benefit if you emphasize effort where outbreak is worst

Don't tell Meli that. She doesn't care about anything other than what's 'fair'.

If there was a bushfire raging she'd want to spread the waterbombing and fighting effort over the entire district just in case one started because you can't allocate limited resources to areas of high need, that's not fair.

FKT

1 minute ago, EYESAILOR said:

I know nothing about the risk to your indigenous communities.  If they need priority, you guys will figure that out.

AZ takes longer and it sounds like NSW needs a faster solution.  

It sounds like some of the other states have less immediate threat and could take AZ.

It’s ironic. We have plenty of vaccine but unwilling population 

You can take AZ 6 weeks apart for 30% less efficacy 

That's the choice we are all having to make now.

So, other states populations will be more at risk from illness when we get overwhelmed.

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

If there was a bushfire raging she'd want to spread the waterbombing and fighting effort over the entire district just in case one started because you can't allocate limited resources to areas of high need, that's not fair.

FKT

Good analogy.  The best way to stop your property burning is to help put out the fire on your neighbors property.

7 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

I'm actually stunned at just how much damage this pandemic has done to the concept of Australia as one country.

More like a pack of squabbling fiefdoms now.

With the Feds wringing their hands and not actually doing what they should, because then they'd have to take more political responsibility.

Going to be interesting going forward if the Fed Govt cuts off the money tap to the States if they don't free things up at the 80% point.

FKT

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Oh fuck off. You got your AZ months before it was offered to under 40's

They are now the vulnerable ones. In Every state,

3 hours ago, darth reapius said:

Oh if my nuts had of fucked as many people as this incompetent government you'd be gargling them.

I thought you loved McClown? Are you starting to realise that the WA covid reaction is to protect people from the incompetent hospital system that is stressed even without a covid outbreak? 

3 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Good analogy.  The best way to stop your property burning is to help put out the fire on your neighbors property.

As we do. But when the embers blow onto your property, you say, "sorry mate. Your's is toast, lets try save mine."

You don't expect your neighbour to steal your bucket.

2 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

If immunity was immediate, you'd have a point.....

Of course borders will not prevent spread, which is why both sides need to be vaccinated equally.

The initial agreement that all states signed up to was an equal amount of vaccine based on population not case numbers.

This is a cynical move to support the state which has an ideological bent to open up and fuck everything.

It's forcing the duly elected governments of the other states to change tack from strong suppression to too fucking late.

NSW is the pox ridden, syphilitic whore dressed up like a movie star standing under a flashing sign saying "pure as the driven snow"!

• Like 1

Typical, Liberal Party takes vaccines from Labor states and gives them to Liberal states and they state with Parliament house.

If they were giving them out to states with higher case loads, explain why Victoria received 350 000 less than their expected number of vaccines? Surely more would go to NSW and Vic if that was the case?

Oh wait no, they went to NSW, SA, Tasmania and the ACT who all received more than their share of the population.

Damn straight McGowan should keep our border closed for longer. If the government takes away out jabs, they sure as fuck can't blame us for waiting longer.

Fuck Morrison, Fuck Gladys, Fuck Barilaro, Fuck the Liberals.

Screenshot_20210906-230418_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-230447_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-230541_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-230647_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

In one way or another, we all live off the government.

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

• Like 6
8 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Skipped to bottom of thread after reading some...

Basically my feeling is if "living your life" means prolonging the pandemic then fuck you. 

Without being too much into the 'living your life' thing, I'm afraid the fact is the pandemic is here to stay. Forever, unless we come up with a miracle cure (which we haven't for the flu or cold); and probably with constantly new variants which will require frequent vaccine updates.

So to a certain extent, the choice is between that and living cooped up in your house util you die.

9 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Skipped to bottom of thread after reading some...

Basically my feeling is if "living your life" means prolonging the pandemic then fuck you. 

It's a little more nuanced than that. There are very few people saying we should just open up and let covid rip, rather people are asking for confirmed path and dates. For instance, Victoria, as the second smallest state, is still the size of California. We have people locked down who don't have a case of covid within hundreds of miles - ie Mildura.

There are also some restrictions that seem to lack medical rationale, such as curfews. I note that NSW have come out today and said that they tried a curfew, it had no impact, so they dropped it.

No one wants to prolong the pandemic, but staying locked down forever is not the solution either. We should be working towards having all the freedoms we can which don't impact on transmission rates.

8 hours ago, Whoa Nelly said:

Typical, Liberal Party takes vaccines from Labor states and gives them to Liberal states and they state with Parliament house.

If they were giving them out to states with higher case loads, explain why Victoria received 350 000 less than their expected number of vaccines? Surely more would go to NSW and Vic if that was the case?

Oh wait no, they went to NSW, SA, Tasmania and the ACT who all received more than their share of the population.

Damn straight McGowan should keep our border closed for longer. If the government takes away out jabs, they sure as fuck can't blame us for waiting longer.

Fuck Morrison, Fuck Gladys, Fuck Barilaro, Fuck the Liberals.

Screenshot_20210906-230418_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-230447_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-230541_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-230647_Chrome.jpg

Lefty twit.

15 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Ah, now we're talking about simply being unhappy rather than depressed and struggling.

Actually, I don't think he'll even remember much about his early either pre or post Covid teenage years. Most of us don't.

I was simply disagreeing with you saying that lockdown fatigue wasn't a big issue. I used anecdotes about me being sad about some things, and friends being depressed. In hindsight I should have just pointed at the record call rates to BeyondBlue at all, and the 8 week plus wait times for mental health professionals.

I think lockdown is having an impact. You and Ease just think that folks should suck it up and look on the bright side of life, with a side order of shadenfreude. So we disagree, and therefore are taking different approaches. Fair enough, you stay locked down at home, I'll do otherwise.

Oh, you are objectively wrong on the memory thing. People actually retain relatively more memories of their teenage years than any other time. At least they did when I was studying developmental psychology. Obviously some people's lives will be more memorable than others.

Only 50% of Queenslanders have had their first Jab. This is because of two main factors,

1/ Our anti-vaxing Premier and CHO created huge hesitancy due to their inexcusable words and actions and,

2/ Bogans, morons and fuckwits are massively over represented in the make up of my fellow state members. Look no further than the number that voted for that uneducated, power mad bogan who is Premier.

When Delta finally comes calling (which it inevitably must) there will be carnage in our health system. Remote areas will be fucked and thousands of unvaxed fuckwits will die.  But after that there will be less fuckwits in 4x4's on the road, less cunts in Bunnings, less bogans in the pubs and the surf breaks will be much less crowded.

Bring it on.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

It is the right thing to do, but what is grating is NSW and Federal politicians blasting other states for shutting our borders to NSW during said outbreak.

27 minutes ago, Se7en said:

that may be the most tautological sentance I've ever seen. :lol:

You mean it’s tautological because it’s tautological?   

may the circle be unbroken….

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

What did you expect from the bogan, moronic, fuckwits Queenslander.

As he said, the state is full of people like him!

There is another. How's it going down there? Heading into the spare room for a change of scenery today or have you converted into a shrine to Dan the saviour?

37 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

What did you expect from the bogan, moronic, fuckwits Queenslander.

As he said, the state is full of people like him!

Actually that is not at all what I said but I will cut you some slack as your state sc