Just now, random. said:

Had a friend bring a young Asian women home, married her.  He sent money back to the 'family'.

Just wondering if Grumpy has to do the same.  Rumour has it that he met her in a bar, but she wasn't working there, no, that's not how it was.

I've gone home with a few women I've met in bars.

Money was never discussed, though.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• LB 15

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, random. said:

Had a friend bring a young Asian women home, married her.  He sent money back to the 'family'.

Just wondering if Grumpy has to do the same.  Rumour has it that he met her in a bar, but she wasn't working there, no, that's not how it was.

C'mon guys.

That's disrespecting Grumpy's Missus. 

Out of order. 

15 minutes ago, random. said:

That's a cultural thing and not unusual with Rural families. Different with women with education. It's part of the package. One marries the family not just the girl. 

36 minutes ago, random. said:

So tell me, I'm curious, how is your mixed marriage going anyway?

How much do you have to send back to her parents each month.

It's 2021 Randumb. What's a mixed marriage?

14 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

That's a cultural thing and not unusual with Rural families. Different with women with education. It's part of the package. One marries the family not just the girl. 

You have no fucking idea. None. Not a fucking clue

6 minutes ago, 00seven said:
37 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I think he hates Women period.

See? You just make shit up. Nobody cares what you think.

(Your puctuation needs some work, JBTW)

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Only those that speak.

And you make up some more.

11 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Woah. 

Grumpy. i will not stoop to your level making unfounded suggestions about your marriage.

But that's rather revealing.

You put your hand up. You told everyone about your ex running away with a Thai girl, My suggestion is not unfounded. 

I gave you the sarcy response you deserved. It's what you were looking for, right?

28 minutes ago, 00seven said:

You put your hand up. You told everyone about your ex running away with a Thai girl, My suggestion is not unfounded. 

I gave you the sarcy response you deserved. It's what you were looking for, right?

I think I understand her ex. 

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

Running away?

Christ, is that what 50 year old men do?

I thought that's what your six year old does when they make a bundle on a stick with two vegemite Sangers, a box of Ribena and a sharp stick for hunting snakes and camp out in the back yard for three hours.:rolleyes: 

10 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

70% of the total population over 16 (the eligible cohort) is just over 50% of the total population.

Yeah, it's complicated.

Clearly spelling 'population' was for him. Like understanding the risk to those under 16. 

With 3 mystery case of Covid detected in the community overnight in QLD, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk is meeting with her two most trusted advisors this morning, Janette Young and Peter V’landys to discuss the timing of any lockdown. It is most likely to come into effect 2 hours after fulltime on Sunday night. Rumour has it that she is giving an exception to bring another expert into the state to help this weekend. Russell Crow has been invited because he has a Beautiful mind, is a Gladiator and spent many years Captaining a Royal navy ship. His ownership of the South Sydney Football club has nothing to do with it.

I've just come back from a few days out West visiting a site. You could stand and look in any direction and see to the horizon with nary a thing moving except for the hot dry westerlies stirring a few leaves. Baked red soil, not a lick of moisture anywhere. The local wildlife was doing what all Aussie marsupials do in the middle of the day, absolutely fucking nothing sans the occasional ear twitch. Vast, empty and still yet paradoxically, stunningly beautiful. 

Not a mask to be seen, no mention of Covid needed because there is about 5 km2 of nothing between any two humans on a good day.

I wouldn't be too worried about Covid getting it's teeth into the rural communities, it needs a population density of the more urbanised areas to even be a thing.

• Like 1

40 000 mask-less screaming bogans packed into Lang park on Sunday night shouldn't pose any kind of risk. Luckily I still have half a house to paint so that should keep me occupied in lockdown until Xmas. Might go down today and mothball the boat for the next few months.

Its now up to four cases. We are fucked.

Meanwhile Vic has surpassed NSW for new daily case numbers 867 v 863. Well done Vic.

Re the NRL GF - they should be holding it in Perth at Optus since we did such a great job for the AFL GF. My SO would be very happy if that happened coz she's a Penrith girl from way back.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

40 000 mask-less screaming bogans packed into Lang park on Sunday night shouldn't pose any kind of risk. Luckily I still have half a house to paint so that should keep me occupied in lockdown until Xmas. Might go down today and mothball the boat for the next few months.

Its now up to four cases. We are fucked.

The covid-elimination or zero-covid states were going to get it eventually. AFL granny should help get McClown's state on the board

"Ms Palaszczuk foreshadowed some potential restrictions, including mask-wearing…"
source

When you foreshadow a potential restriction, does that mean you're just stating the status quo?

Perhaps she missed the memo. Masks have been mandatory in SEQ for nearly 2 months since the lockdown at the end of July. Though you wouldn't know by looking at pictures of various government spokespersons fronting the media.

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/sjDojQJ-C8-yahsPTCi-4_xacvU=/1600x0/https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F81b8ae05-041d-49ca-a8b6-5c11eaf2f6b7

There is currently no plan for when masks will no longer be necessary, nor any plan for lifting the current restrictions.

1 hour ago, RobG said:

"Ms Palaszczuk foreshadowed some potential restrictions, including mask-wearing…"
source

When you foreshadow a potential restriction, does that mean you're just stating the status quo?

Perhaps she missed the memo. Masks have been mandatory in SEQ for nearly 2 months since the lockdown at the end of July. Though you wouldn't know by looking at pictures of various government spokespersons fronting the media.

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/sjDojQJ-C8-yahsPTCi-4_xacvU=/1600x0/https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F81b8ae05-041d-49ca-a8b6-5c11eaf2f6b7

There is currently no plan for when masks will no longer be necessary, nor any plan for lifting the current restrictions.

Not wearing a mask seems to be an assertion of power.  Pretty much global.  

7 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I've just come back from a few days out West visiting a site. You could stand and look in any direction and see to the horizon with nary a thing moving except for the hot dry westerlies stirring a few leaves. Baked red soil, not a lick of moisture anywhere. The local wildlife was doing what all Aussie marsupials do in the middle of the day, absolutely fucking nothing sans the occasional ear twitch. Vast, empty and still yet paradoxically, stunningly beautiful. 

Not a mask to be seen, no mention of Covid needed because there is about 5 km2 of nothing between any two humans on a good day.

I wouldn't be too worried about Covid getting it's teeth into the rural communities, it needs a population density of the more urbanised areas to even be a thing.

This. I spent 3 weeks on my family property in Warrumbungle Shire. Except it was green with lots of trees but - no people. 100km between small towns.

Cities are the disease reservoirs. As per usual.

FKT

4 hours ago, Alhadder said:

Meanwhile Vic has surpassed NSW for new daily case numbers 867 v 863. Well done Vic.

Well, that took less time than I expected.

That Dan is the man, uh huh, all right. Best ever, strongest ring of steel will stop those nasty covid viruses from spreading, you betcha. Lock down hard and fast, that's the ticket. Bung on a curfew, that'll stop them in their tracks.

7 days lockdown has now stretched to - what, 7 weeks? More.

And Meli has gone vewwy, vewwy quiet on slagging off NSW recently. How strange.

FKT

9 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, that took less time than I expected.

That Dan is the man, uh huh, all right. Best ever, strongest ring of steel will stop those nasty covid viruses from spreading, you betcha. Lock down hard and fast, that's the ticket. Bung on a curfew, that'll stop them in their tracks.

7 days lockdown has now stretched to - what, 7 weeks? More.

And Meli has gone vewwy, vewwy quiet on slagging off NSW recently. How strange.

FKT

In all fairness...

NSW - 60561

Vic - 34975

Just now, darth reapius said:

In all fairness...

NSW - 60561

Vic - 34975

Yep - plenty of shit to spread around. If I had my way I'd fire the Victorian, NSW and Federal Govts for incompetence. All 3 have made major, major, totally foreseeable and preventable fuck ups. So that's 2 Lib/Nat and one Labor.

The difference is in the partisan bias of those putting the shit on NSW 7-8 weeks ago. They defend their precious Dan. Look how long it took and how grudgingly it came out when Meli was finally dragged into admitting that Dan fucked up.

WA and Tas have been very lucky WRT their borders and border control. Both States better vaccinate ASAP because covid will get there. And in the case of Tasmania, it won't be pretty - pretty ramshackle hospital system. I really hope this is being addressed WRT isolation wards and the like but I'd not bet money on it.

FKT

5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yep - plenty of shit to spread around. If I had my way I'd fire the Victorian, NSW and Federal Govts for incompetence. All 3 have made major, major, totally foreseeable and preventable fuck ups. So that's 2 Lib/Nat and one Labor.

The difference is in the partisan bias of those putting the shit on NSW 7-8 weeks ago. They defend their precious Dan. Look how long it took and how grudgingly it came out when Meli was finally dragged into admitting that Dan fucked up.

WA and Tas have been very lucky WRT their borders and border control. Both States better vaccinate ASAP because covid will get there. And in the case of Tasmania, it won't be pretty - pretty ramshackle hospital system. I really hope this is being addressed WRT isolation wards and the like but I'd not bet money on it.

FKT

This is a little like where the vaccination rate is a bit fucked though. On the weekend, a mate, who had just been a bit slack found out he was the only one out of about 30 who wasn't jabbed up. He messaged me yesterday saying that the nearest appointment was A MONTH away at the clinics somewhat near him, but was going to try and get in at a pharmacy for a Moderna shot if he could.

So I don't get the issues with the vaccination rate here in WA, it's not demand, it's supply.

If you look it up, the NSW supply of vaccine shots is 120 per 100 persons, yet in WA it's 80 per 100 persons.

I just hope WA gets a fair go before our bubble bursts.

21 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

I’d say WA is being given a fair go. You dragged you feet in getting jabs, you closed borders because of a mere sniffle and you buddy McClown is not planning to honour the national cabinet decision. NSW and Vic are going to allow international travellers and they deserve the bulk of the Vax.  The states that are willing to open deserve it the most

1 hour ago, darth reapius said:

This is a little like where the vaccination rate is a bit fucked though. On the weekend, a mate, who had just been a bit slack found out he was the only one out of about 30 who wasn't jabbed up. He messaged me yesterday saying that the nearest appointment was A MONTH away at the clinics somewhat near him, but was going to try and get in at a pharmacy for a Moderna shot if he could.

So I don't get the issues with the vaccination rate here in WA, it's not demand, it's supply.

If you look it up, the NSW supply of vaccine shots is 120 per 100 persons, yet in WA it's 80 per 100 persons.

If your mate was vaccine shopping and could have taken Astra but chose not to, fuck him.

In a pandemic you take the first adequate vaccine you can get and you don't fuck about waiting.

If he couldn't get anything, I'd be pretty surprised and suspect it's a lack of places rather than lack of vaccines.

FWIW I've had the 2 doses of Astra because the vaccine you get BEFORE you need it is better than the one you can't get for a month or more. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Hope for his sake and all his associates that he doesn't catch it.

FKT

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

If your mate was vaccine shopping and could have taken Astra but chose not to, fuck him.

In a pandemic you take the first adequate vaccine you can get and you don't fuck about waiting.

If he couldn't get anything, I'd be pretty surprised and suspect it's a lack of places rather than lack of vaccines.

FWIW I've had the 2 doses of Astra because the vaccine you get BEFORE you need it is better than the one you can't get for a month or more. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Hope for his sake and all his associates that he doesn't catch it.

FKT

He's a 25 year old athlete, hes keen to get anything, he actually doesn't care which one, obviously he'd rather wait 3-4 weeks between shots instead of 12.

Dudes just busy, works major hours ATM as he's in construction, plays sports a few times a week and bought a new to him house 6 months ago.

Regardless he's been eligible for anything for only a matter of weeks and he is about as low risk are you get and he's keen to get jabbed and he lives in WA, he's one of the good people.

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I’d say WA is being given a fair go. You dragged you feet in getting jabs, you closed borders because of a mere sniffle and you buddy McClown is not planning to honour the national cabinet decision. NSW and Vic are going to allow international travellers and they deserve the bulk of the Vax.  The states that are willing to open deserve it the most

The point is, we haven't, it is booked out. If the government gives a state 80 vaccines per 100 persons, yet gives another state 120 per 100 persons, you can't say "oh the one with less is dragging their feet", if WA got their fair go, then guess what, we'd be right up there.

WA has also taken in the 2nd most international arrivals of all the states per capita. So before you cry about "doing your bit with arrivals" we have literally done more than our bit. Go whine about all the states who haven't taken any.

4 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Partisan?

You'd have a point if NSW didn't seed the country.

Twice.

Turns out that a couple of untrustworthy Victorians snuck in last week via NT to watch the grand final. Can’t say that I am surprised though I hope they are publicly stoned in the door to the cave to warn off others.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mark Set said:

I had no idea Aussies were so masochistic.

There is no such thing as an Aussie any more. We are 7 separate countries now. State of Origin football games are now test matches. 

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You want to put money on which state ends up with the highest case numbers?

Want to make it a double and throw in deaths? Gladys has flattened her curve but Dan's graph is still heading for the stars.

5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Only killed Victorians though.

Gladys fuckups went national, twice.  

But you Victorians have kindly done the same to WA. Nice of you to share the love around. Being a lefty I guess you won't use the same logic to blame every case on earth on your friends in China...

24 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Want to make it a double and throw in deaths? Gladys has flattened her curve but Dan's graph is still heading for the stars.

if you want to include deaths, we have to include feds vs states.

Actually deaths can't be compared because vaccine.

Cases is the better metric. We can through in cases per day if you want.

24 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

But you Victorians have kindly done the same to WA. Nice of you to share the love around. Being a lefty I guess you won't use the same logic to blame every case on earth on your friends in China...

When did Vic seed WA?

And I have no friends in China.

Or anywhere else....

20 hours ago, RobG said:

Masks have been mandatory in SEQ for nearly 2 months since the lockdown at the end of July.

Mask mandates were eased a little about a week ago, but it wasn't big news and almost everyone kept wearing them.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, LB 15 said:

70% is barely 50% of the 'poulation'?

'Poulation' - [noun/adjective]

pronunciation.....poo_lay_shun

meaning............eligible population over 16 years of age

derivation..........from the French “plus qu'evident” (blindingly obvious)

use....................common among those of intellect

21 minutes ago, Frakka said:

'Poulation' - [noun/adjective]

pronunciation.....poo_lay_shun

meaning............eligible population over 16 years of age

derivation..........from the French “plus qu'evident” (blindingly obvious)

use....................common among those of intellect

How do you pronounce your name? 

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You're going to have to find a cite for that.

I couldn't so I'm going to call bullshit and reaffirm the success of Dan's ring of steel in keeping Australia safe.

Are you too old and senile to remember? Perhaps you just suffer convenient memory lapses.

When Dan's fuckup outbreak happened, Covid escaped to NSW and Gladys had to mop up Dan's mess. This started before Dan stuck us inside Dan's ring. 

I couldn't so I'm going to call bullshit and reaffirm the success of Dan's ring of steel in keeping Australia safe.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jul/15/coronavirus-nsw-crossroads-hotel-casula-pub-outbreak-victoria-genomic-testing-john-barilaro-covid-19-update

3 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

WorkSafe charges Victorian government over alleged hotel quarantine breaches

The Victorian government has been charged over a litany of alleged hotel quarantine breaches in a bombshell development.

Victoria’s workplace safety watchdog has taken the extraordinary step of charging the state government with 58 breaches over its hotel quarantine fiasco last year.

Looks like Dan is about to take it right in his steel ring.
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The Victorian government has been charged over a litany of alleged hotel quarantine breaches in a bombshell development.

Victoria’s workplace safety watchdog has taken the extraordinary step of charging the state government with 58 breaches over its hotel quarantine fiasco last year.

Like Easy, Dan will not be able to recall any of it.

53 minutes ago, random. said:

Sounds to me like Biden told Morrison the stop being such a cunt on climate change.

Start acting like an adult or he will get a fucking hard time on a number of fronts.

The rhetoric has certainly change fast.

Barnaby Joyce has "no problem" with net-zero ...

He's adept at using weasel words. He has no problem with it, but wants to see a plan for how to achieve it. Here I was thinking our leaders were supposed to come up with a plan...step one, start tapering coal and gas power subsidies so the commercial electricity market isn't distorted.

What he really wants is $$$ for his business mates to get onboard net-zero.

16 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Why is DK still banging on about last year?

Can't you find some way of hanging Dan out to dry THIS year?

I mean we now have more new cases than anywhere. Must be some fresh meat?

I'm bored.

Easy and LB started it, but like your political bias, you only see the posts I made.

However, last year will be in the media a lot now, so suck it in. At least we now know that you agree that Dan fucked up, so you will be in agreement with Worksafe's allegations. 

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

1 hour ago, random. said:

Sounds to me like Biden told Morrison the stop being such a cunt on climate change.

Start acting like an adult or he will get a fucking hard time on a number of fronts.

The rhetoric has certainly change fast.

Barnaby Joyce has "no problem" with net-zero ...

Take it to PA. This is thread is for lefties to cry about the covid response, not climate change

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

What is the point of this? Is it just worksafe propping up the legal industry in Victoria after they have had a year or so of not being able to pull their $10k a day appearance fees.

Seriously, does anyone think anything of value will come from this?

34 minutes ago, Se7en said:

What is the point of this? Is it just worksafe propping up the legal industry in Victoria after they have had a year or so of not being able to pull their $10k a day appearance fees.

No, but it is entertaining. Lots of scope for embarrassment here.

Watching Meli deflect and call 'squirrel' has amusement value too.

FKT

19 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

No, but it is entertaining. Lots of scope for embarrassment here.

Watching Meli deflect and call 'squirrel' has amusement value too.

FKT

Who's deflecting?

Amongst what was mostly amusing sledging, there were some interesting reasonably balanced points of view here.

Seeing as you seem to have joined the bull shitters with your ring of steel lies, the centre has mostly disappeared.

I'm not hanging around to read mostly bullshit.

Victoria is fucked simply because unlike other states we've had two long, long necessary lockdowns.

Some people are probably still trying to pay off rent from the last one without commonwealth support.

Like myself, people are just over it.

Is this the governments fault?

What could possibly go wrong?

Who looks after the prep's to grade 6 when mum and dad are at work?

Grandparents.

New South Wales's crisis cabinet has agreed to bring forward the return of face-to-face learning, allowing students to head back to classrooms one week earlier than planned.

Students in kindergarten, Years 1 and 12 will now return on October 18.

Years 2, 6 and 11 will return on October 25, and remaining grades will return to the classroom on November 1.

Only fully vaccinated teachers will be allowed back.

Under the initial plan, the staggered return was planned to commence on October 25.

Earlier today, Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the government was considering bringing the date forward because of how quickly the state was tracking towards 70 per cent double dose coverage.

"We didn't expect to have hit 70 per cent double dose on eleventh of October, so we are considering what that does for the school system," she said this morning.

There was pressure for schools to re-open earlier as many parents were heading back to work on October 11, when most lockdown restrictions were to ease for the fully vaccinated in NSW.

There has been strong vaccine uptake among 12-15-year-olds, with 44.5 per cent of children in that age bracket partly vaccinated, despite only being eligible for Pfizer and Moderna for around two weeks.

Ms Berejiklian said "regrettably" she expected cases to emerge in schools when they re-opened, and her government was determining the rules around when schools would need to shut down.

"We are going through those processes now and we will give the community good advice ahead of that," she said.

Although some private schools around the state have invested in air purifiers for classrooms and are trialling rapid antigen tests, the government has not committed to doing either in public schools.

3 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Why is DK still banging on about last year?

Can't you find some way of hanging Dan out to dry THIS year?

I mean we now have more new cases than anywhere. Must be some fresh meat?

I'm bored.

Because Gladys has made the same mistakes as Dan has, except she's played politics and multiplied their effects.

And darky knighty can't talk about them, can he?

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

The point is worksafe have a duty to investigate and lay fines where breaches of health and safety laws have occurred.

It's their job. And good on them.

9 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

What could possibly go wrong?

Who looks after the prep's to grade 6 when mum and dad are at work?

Grandparents.

New South Wales's crisis cabinet has agreed to bring forward the return of face-to-face learning, allowing students to head back to classrooms one week earlier than planned.

Students in kindergarten, Years 1 and 12 will now return on October 18.

Years 2, 6 and 11 will return on October 25, and remaining grades will return to the classroom on November 1.

Only fully vaccinated teachers will be allowed back.

Under the initial plan, the staggered return was planned to commence on October 25.

Earlier today, Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the government was considering bringing the date forward because of how quickly the state was tracking towards 70 per cent double dose coverage.

"We didn't expect to have hit 70 per cent double dose on eleventh of October, so we are considering what that does for the school system," she said this morning.

There was pressure for schools to re-open earlier as many parents were heading back to work on October 11, when most lockdown restrictions were to ease for the fully vaccinated in NSW.

There has been strong vaccine uptake among 12-15-year-olds, with 44.5 per cent of children in that age bracket partly vaccinated, despite only being eligible for Pfizer and Moderna for around two weeks.

Ms Berejiklian said "regrettably" she expected cases to emerge in schools when they re-opened, and her government was determining the rules around when schools would need to shut down.

"We are going through those processes now and we will give the community good advice ahead of that," she said.

Although some private schools around the state have invested in air purifiers for classrooms and are trialling rapid antigen tests, the government has not committed to doing either in public schools.

You still don't get it do you?

Covid is here, and governments have stopped caring.

It's every person for themselves.

Our health systems are now about to descend into chaos.

Don't get sick!

Or call an ambulance!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You still don't get it do you?

Covid is here, and governments have stopped caring.

Our health systems are now about to descend into chaos.

Don't get sick!

Or call an ambulance!

At some point, kids have to return to school and people go back to work.

But with roughly 15% of the population being unvaccinated and not able to be vaccinated (under 12's)  and many of them being cared for by over 50's and their parents. of whom there's still a number unvaccinated. 

And we all know how Covid rips through kiddies.

The least the gov could do would be stay shut until 80% of people have had a chance for second shot, more kids can get Moderna AND spend a paltry 120 million on air filters in public primary schools.

But time is money of course.

But don't worry. G will telling the school caretaker to make sure the windows can open.

"The advice is to maximise natural ventilation and, in preparation of the return to face-to-face learning, the department is reviewing windows to ensure they are openable," the spokesperson said.

"The review will also ensure that ceiling or wall-mounted fans are operational and other mechanical ventilation systems, such as air-conditioning units, are cleaned or filters replaced."

However, experts say air filtration systems will be critical in stopping the virus from running rampant through unvaccinated children.

University of New South Wales air pollution expert Donna Green said HEPA filters had been shown to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 by removing particles from the air and there was "no reason" to delay using them in schools.

She said she wrote to ministers in every state and territory in August outlining the rough cost of installing HEPA filters in schools and their responses have been "patchy and inconsistent".

HEPA filters feature prominently in Victoria's back-to-school plan, and the government has ordered 51,000 filters at a cost of $125 million as part of a $190 million school ventilation package.

10 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Err... I would argue it’s the opposite. If you give a rats about everyone else and not ourselves then we’ll kick this thing to the gutter. Maybe it’s a harsh lesson in re-establishing what’s really important in life, we’re pack animals and need to look out for each other. 

7 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Err... I would argue it’s the opposite. If you give a rats about everyone else and not ourselves then we’ll kick this thing to the gutter. Maybe it’s a harsh lesson in re-establishing what’s really important in life, we’re pack animals and need to look out for each other. 

We tried that. Not much point into giving up your seats in the life raft when some bastard is intent on banging hole in the bottom. And we can't throw said bastard overboard.

Because he/she is the supposed captain.

The point is worksafe have a duty to investigate and lay fines where breaches of health and safety laws have occurred.

Yes dear, 

but what's the point of bringing charges? The minister and Health dept exec have already resigned or been pushed. So you have a statutary authority going after a government department. No individuals are being charged. All the lessons were already learnt during last years enquiry. So actually going to court achieves nothing other than transferring a bunch of public money to the private purses of a bunch of entitled silks.

Surely publishing a report saying we have found xxx instances where dept of Health did not provide a safe workplace would have been good enough?

I'd really like to see dept of Health send a junior soliciter along and plead no contest.