2 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Getting a one way ticket to Athens first week in April.

If you're looking for donations, put me down for $10.

Make it $100 if it's somewhere without internet access.

• Like 3
  • Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• The Dark Knight

• LB 15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

Posted Images

I haven't been following the news in the ACT much.

Why are they having such a problem controlling their outbreak?

You'd think with a small population thats way over the national average in the tertiary educated and income and 92% first and 63% second dosed they'd have had this controlled weeks ago.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-02/act-52-new-covid19-cases/100509436

1 hour ago, RobG said:

For exactly the reasons she said.

Well that would be the first time in the history of Gladys pressers that she's said what she means and that anyone understands what she says.

• Like 2

You'd think with a small population thats way over the national average in the tertiary educated and income and 92% first and 63% second dosed they'd have had this controlled weeks ago.

And Melbourne announced a new record of 1488 infections.

You do know that Canberra is only 280K out of Sydney, don't you?

Because NSW didn't put a ring of steel around it...

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

And Melbourne announced a new record of 1488 infections.

You do know that Canberra is only 280K out of Sydney, don't you?

So are you saying the infections are coming from Sydney?

Got a link or is it just a wild guess?

3 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

So are you saying the infections are coming from Sydney?

Got a link or is it just a wild guess?

Could have been Melbourne. The infections come from somewhere, don't they?

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Because NSW didn't put a ring of steel around it...

we all know that rings of steel are a victorian thing that don't work. Even when there isn't one.

( a likely FKT opinion)

19 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:
21 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Could have been Melbourne. The infections come from somewhere, don't they?

So it's a wild guess. 

What's the wild guess? 3 trains/day.

Don't be a dickhead.

Nothing to say about the 1500 Melbourne cases?

30 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Don't be a dickhead.

Football supporters are morons?

Not news.

1 minute ago, ShortForBob said:
32 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Don't be a dickhead.

Football supporters are morons?

Not news.

Football supporters? Morons? WTF are you talking about now?

It's football's fault?

On 10/2/2021 at 6:52 PM, Bill E Goat said:

Farrrk, if this doesn't encourage you to get the shot nothing will

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/01/us/us-covid-deaths-700k.html

image.png.a016a19b53e1a87bc39a519e85710c3b.png

It's a crap analysis.  No age adjustment or adjustment for other factors.

I'm surprised NJ and NY death rates are still so high given the high vaccination rate and the fact that they held the record for deaths prior to the period the graph illustrates. 

You'd expect NJ and NY to being quite well under the above scenario given the large numbers of at risk people who died in the initial stages of the pandemic.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:14 PM, ShortForBob said:

Greece is just under 60% fully vaxxed. Higher in the islands.

But Seriously, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

While one wouldn't travel to anywhere where it's raging, with a poor or overwhelmed health system and stupid attitude, if you're fully vaxxed yourself, places where the infection has been more or less static for the last 12 months should be fine. There's no one fully vaxxed in hospitals unless they have underlying health conditions or are simply old and very frail.

Better start practicing your ABBA songs.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Better start practicing your ABBA songs.

I hate that film.

I have learn the songs for Greek musicals because that's what the choir on Astypalaia do :D

John Barilaro's resigned. Couldn't hack it.

qld local cases over the last week in reverse order without a lock down (for the known obvious reasons)

what number of cases is her trigger for lock down without it being clear the only reason she hadn't was because of the football?

At what stage is it too late and Southern Qld joins NSW, VIC, ACT and Auckland in the slog to 80% vaccines? 

25 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

qld local cases over the last week in reverse order without a lock down (for the known obvious reasons)

what number of cases is her trigger for lock down without it being clear the only reason she hadn't was because of the football?

At what stage is it too late and Southern Qld joins NSW, VIC, ACT and Auckland in the slog to 80% vaccines? 

I don't think any state has locked down with as few as 6 cases spread across the state. It's when you get 3-4 cases in a specific area.

I may be wrong.

Southern Qld should be pursuing 80% plus vax  regardless of their infection status . Too late doesn't compute. 

14 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I don't think any state has locked down with as few as 6 cases spread across the state. It's when you get 3-4 cases in a specific area.

I may be wrong.

Southern Qld should be pursuing 80% plus vax  regardless of their infection status . Too late doesn't compute. 

Yet your heroine locked down a whole country for one case. :lol:

49 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I may be wrong.

We locked down 3 (or was it 4?) times for a week with one case, then masks for a week, then absolute freedom. 

And it worked. 

Interesting to watch the NSW political fall out from afar too.

Most interesting to see what Jimmy Rees's take on the Victorian earthquake was and I feel he nailed it. 

1 minute ago, Swanno said:

We locked down 3 (or was it 4?) times for a week with one case, then masks for a week, then absolute freedom. 

And it worked. 

Twice for parts of NT. Worked

• Like 1
On 10/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, darth reapius said:

The worst, most obviously corrupt politician we have has resigned.

How many fucking times did I say she was so corrupt? Way too many. I mean jesus, anyone who saw those ICAC hearing videos could see it.

John Barilaro you are next.

Am I a fucking Psychic?

1 hour ago, darth reapius said:

Am I a fucking Psychic?

Barilaro's been looking very fragile for a while. Sometimes when facing the press it looked like he'd had a meltdown. 

Mental health issues are no joke . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Swanno said:

Most interesting to see what Jimmy Rees's take on the Victorian earthquake was and I feel he nailed it. 

Waiting for his take on the NSW earthquake. :D

Ah shut up Victoria! 

One silver cloud out of lockdown.

The hard rubbish collection is amazing.

People sitting around staring at their stuff.

I just scored $5000 worth of loose covers and cushions for my very shabby antique couches.

Yay.

Pale yellow brocade matches my new paint job in the lounge.

13 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Barilaro's been looking very fragile for a while. Sometimes when facing the press it looked like he'd had a meltdown. 

Mental health issues are no joke . 

He's blaming a comedian for them, but the comedian is going after him because he ripped off his local Italian Club for over a million dollars (allegedly). Well the Clubrooms and land worth over a million dollars and $700k of poker machines. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

You'd expect NJ and NY to being quite well under the above scenario given the large numbers of at risk people who died in the initial stages of the pandemic.

You need to realize that NY and NJ both have dense populations, and that's a high correlation to infection. That their governors purged  populated the nursing homes with covid positive patients, and truncated their Medicare billings  lives unfortunately was not sufficient to reduce the population that lives and works in close proximity. 

21 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

It's a crap analysis.  No age adjustment or adjustment for other factors.

I'm surprised NJ and NY death rates are still so high given the high vaccination rate and the fact that they held the record for deaths prior to the period the graph illustrates. 

Covid-Mikey strikes again!

21 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

When this is all over.

We'll have to have a royal commission  into contact sport supporters :rolleyes:

Rugby league fans at the 2021 NRL grand final.

More like a Royal commission into Labor state governments. 

Victoria has confirmed 1763 new Covid-19 infections and four deaths - the highest number of daily cases in any state during the entire pandemic.

Melbourne is still the worlds most liveable city - as long as you have a nice living room. What a complete fuck up your beloved Premier is.

19 hours ago, darth reapius said:

Am I a fucking Psychic?

I think it is spelt 'Psychotic'

Symptoms of psychosis 

Symptoms of psychosis include:

• confused thinking
  • delusions – false beliefs that are not shared by others
  • hallucinations – hearing, seeing, smelling or tasting something that isn't there
  • changed behaviours and feelings. 
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Melbourne is still the worlds most liveable city - as long as you have a nice living room. What a complete fuck up your beloved Premier is.

Just wait for the state borders to reopen, QLD will be flooded with more Mexicans like me. I’m just glad we have bought our house before the market heats up even more. 

13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yep, it's getting bad.

seriously I think one can put it down to lockdown fatigue, idiots and business failing to enforce mask and check in laws.

I went to my local woolies metro yesterday.

4 young women walked in, unmasked, didn't check in. 

same thing the day before, 3 out of five failing to check in.

There's no concierge at the door, The elderly "security guard" just standts there putting trollys away.

The duty manager told me their policy from head office was that people must self regulate and they don't intervene.

It's fucked.

The emotional pleas from nurses etc are falling on deaf ears.

11 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Just wait for the state borders to reopen, QLD will be flooded with more Mexicans like me. I’m just glad we have bought our house before the market heats up even more. 

Just what Qld needs. More people like you that discourage measures taken to control this. Lucky Qld.

11 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Just what Qld needs. More people like you that discourage measures taken to control this. Lucky Qld.

Hows that working for you?

36 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Victoria has confirmed 1763 new Covid-19 infections and four deaths - the highest number of daily cases in any state during the entire pandemic.

Melbourne has a severe case of lockdown fatigue from being the most locked down city. People are pissed off and no longer listen to Dan and are organising home parties and family visits.

That's because Vic has a one trick pony leader. Gladys protected NSW from getting fatigued, saving it for what should be the last dash to the post. 

You are too stupid understand what is going on and why Vic has set a new Australian record. Can you hit 2000? go Vics.

It amazes me some Australians can be so careless as to have family gatherings, parties, and super-spreader events in the middle of this outbreak. They appear not to have learned much from our example. Take 700,000 dead people and multiply by the number of family members and you have many millions of people severely affected beyond just being dead. For many of them their lives will forever change, losing parents, siblings, spouses, even children. And at this point, entirely unnecessary in the USA, and soon to be in Australia. About the only good part of it is the weeding out effect of removing nutcases, covidiots, and a fair share of Trump voters. But the costs to society and the rest of us far outweigh that benefit. Just scroll through and check the ages of these covidiots, almost all are 30-70 years old, and many are parents. Beyond stupid.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

It amazes me some Australians can be so careless as to have family gatherings, parties, and super-spreader events in the middle of this outbreak. They appear not to have learned much from our example. Take 700,000 dead people and multiply by the number of family members and you have many millions of people severely affected beyond just being dead. For many of them their lives will forever change, losing parents, siblings, spouses, even children. And at this point, entirely unnecessary in the USA, and soon to be in Australia. About the only good part of it is the weeding out effect of removing nutcases, covidiots, and a fair share of Trump voters. But the costs to society and the rest of us far outweigh that benefit. Just scroll through and check the ages of these covidiots, almost all are 30-70 years old, and many are parents. Beyond stupid.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

If you had been locked down for 250 days in 18 months and seen such a low death toll, then you might understand. 

we also know that Americans are stupid and were lead by a complete moron. Your experience has no relevance at this stage of the pandemic.

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Hows that working for you?

Melbourne has a severe case of lockdown fatigue from being the most locked down city. People are pissed off and no longer listen to Dan and are organising home parties and family visits.

That's because Vic has a one trick pony leader. Gladys protected NSW from getting fatigued, saving it for what should be the last dash to the post. 

You are too stupid understand what is going on and why Vic has set a new Australian record. Can you hit 2000? go Vics.

Yep go team VIC !

image.png.899a2a048c79f4bfde5af04eff3f0264.png

My daughter has locked herself in her bedroom.

Yesterday she made a legitimate house moving visit to her old house to pick up her bike and essential stuff for study.

She had no contact with her flatmate other than talking through a closed window.

Today he told her that his coworker just tested positive and he's waiting on a test. So she's waiting on his test.

Bit of overkill on her part I think but some Victorians are trying to do the right thing.

5 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Can you hit 2000? go Vics.

Seriously? you're hoping more Victorians will get sick?

I think we're better of without you.

3 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

How many would there be without the lockdown?

Idiot.

How many would there be if Dan had followed Gladys's strategy and Melbournians were bit suffering extreme lockdown fatigue and were more compliant?

• Like 1

Seriously? you're hoping more Victorians will get sick?

I think we're better of without you.

Not hoping, just expecting.

I do wonder how many of the infected actually get really sick, as opposed to cold or flu like symptoms that might cause you to stay home a couple of days in the pre-pandemic world. 

We have no stats on how many of the infected are already partially or fully vaxed. The same for hospital admissions. 

How many would there be if Dan had followed Gladys's strategy and Melbournians were bit suffering extreme lockdown fatigue and were more compliant?

You obviously don't believe that an individual's compliance is purely dependant on the individual....

You obviously don't believe that an individual's compliance is purely dependant on the individual....

58 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Not hoping, just expecting.

I do wonder how many of the infected actually get really sick, as opposed to cold or flu like symptoms that might cause you to stay home a couple of days in the pre-pandemic world. 

We have no stats on how many of the infected are already partially or fully vaxed. The same for hospital admissions. 

Today at Dan's presser, a member of the victorian public answered that very question. He had "mild" symptoms back last year. Short breath etc He's still suffering long covid 18 months later.

And yes we do have records of those in hospital that are partially or fully vaxxed. Do you actually ever tune in to these press briefings?

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Wait! Gladys had a strategy? 

Strange that I seem to remember that she failed to lock down all of Sydney and missed a few partygoers that lived outside Bondi. Who would have thought that people from "those LGAs " would be mixing with the Bondi set.?

Maybe Dan should have stopped the GF being held in Perth?

Certainly he should have anticipated protesters using their phones to play cat and mouse with the cops. Maybe they learned to do that after Sydney's cops massed in one part of town to stop Sydney's protests.

We'll never know.

And surely you realise that the long lockdown last year was necessary? If you remove 800 people that died under Commonwealth care, then the death toll from that first outbreak was a relative handful.

Without that lockdown and with no vaccinations, the death and severe illness toll in the general public would have been off the charts.

Without this current lockdown, and with a Gladys light lockdown, we'd be up to our necks in the dead and ill.

Melbourne is not Sydney. People here move around for work, regardless of their social status or ethnicity.

We tried locking down certain LGA's last time. It didn't work.

Yes we're tired of the lockdown, but intelligent people know that it's needed. Stupid people just want the nasty bug to not exist because they want to walk down the road to the shops and not hide their lipstick behind a mask.

Stupid people question the severity of the disease.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You are obviously just stupid.

that’s been obvious for a long time.

53 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Today at Dan's presser, a member of the victorian public answered that very question. He had "mild" symptoms back last year. Short breath etc He's still suffering long covid 18 months later.

And yes we do have records of those in hospital that are partially or fully vaxxed. Do you actually ever tune in to these press briefings?

Why would I listen to that fuckstick? I’ve got better things to do.

Why would I listen to that fuckstick? I’ve got better things to do.

Yeah, spout shit your insular mind wants to believe. Better than getting informed info from professionals who are tasked with providing exactly the information you pretend to want to know. 

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

You are obviously just stupid.

that’s been obvious for a long time.

You blame Dan for an awful lot. Especially for someone who spouts of about "personal responsibility".

I'm just wondering if you know what "personal responsibility" actually is.

Or is it one of those things you support because it sounds nice?

44 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Yeah, spout shit your insular mind wants to believe. Better than getting informed info from professionals who are tasked with providing exactly the information you pretend to want to know. 

You don't expect him to actually think do you?

He's made it abundantly clear that he doesn't need to.

3 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Listen to a professional politician? 

Not everyone is a lazy public servant, some of us have to actually work to earn our salary. So if ABC or SBS news don't report it, it did not happen in my world.

7 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Listen to a professional politician? 

Not everyone is a lazy public servant, some of us have to actually work to earn our salary. So if ABC or SBS news don't report it, it did not happen in my world.

Not the politicians you dork. The professionals that stand on the podium to explain things to people wanting and willing to learn.

The ABC broadcast it.

But you don't watch it .

Seems the descendants of the wardens are still persecuting the descendants of the transportees. 

Pity that.

All that suppression and eventually it will be for naught

Ah, but Kate thinks they all had co-morbidities, so they did not deserve to live.

48 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Not the politicians you dork. The professionals that stand on the podium to explain things to people wanting and willing to learn.

The ABC broadcast it.

But you don't watch it .

Here is a typical ABC story. The woke brigade have made a hero out of someone who has done nothing more than make unproven allegations against someone. Gets pissed, goes back to the ministers office for a root, wakes up with her pants around her ankles and cries rape. If he is found not guilty (as he most certainly will be) will the ABC slut shame her?

I hope she is charged for wasting police time and that they guy she has accused sues her for deformation. Julia will need to find someone else to help with her man hating group.

Brittany Higgins to be visiting fellow at Julia Gillard's Global Institute for Women's Leadership

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-06/brittany-higgins-visiting-fellow-institute-womens-leadership/100516084

11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You blame Dan for an awful lot. Especially for someone who spouts of about "personal responsibility".

I'm just wondering if you know what "personal responsibility" actually is.

Or is it one of those things you support because it sounds nice?

It is not Dan's fault that many Victorians are fuckwit covid deniers. On a positive note there will be less of them alive going by the great infection numbers you are now achieving. But of course it is all Gladys fault...

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

The ABC broadcast it.

But you don't watch it .

Why would ABC News QLD broadcast what Dan and his clowns would say. They do often give a sound bite and certainly publish the key numbers. I still read the Age and the focus is still on infections and deaths.

It's not like I secretly escaped from Shittoria.

Dan has done a great job at reducing the population. 43,000 left the state in the 12 months to March. 

it’s the only state to de-populate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/politics/federal/victorian-population-shrinks-by-size-of-wodonga-as-pandemic-exodus-hits-20210916-p58s6w.html

I think that enablers like Meli & Easy have helped.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Dan has done a great job at reducing the population. 43,000 left the state in the 12 months to March. 

one day closer to 80% vaccinations...

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Hahah, trying to provoke Meli. Good one.

I was disappointed that my cast about 'Brittany the couch surfer' didn't get a bite, but she may have been up all night watching Shirly Valentine for the 1000th time.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I was disappointed that my cast about 'Brittany the couch surfer' didn't get a bite, but she may have been up all night watching Shirly Valentine for the 1000th time.

Just got home from work. 

Leave approved April to June Cyprus and Greece, home for July and August then back to France and Greece for the autumn. Sucks to be you :P