28 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Very different to my 4 year old 

Your 4 year old would be better protected if all adults, especially those in contact with her and in her household were all vaccinated.……

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• LB 15

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

And recruitment for clinical trials specifies "healthy" children. At least in the US, eg 

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04796896

So the harvesting of the sickly children for clinical trials is a hon-country dream. 

Don't you have an ethical problem with that?

Experimenting on healthy children to trial a drug for a disease that they have negligible risk from.

What's more making a decision and consenting on behalf of a child who cannot make an informed consent.

4 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Don't you have an ethical problem with that?

Experimenting on healthy children to trial a drug for a disease that they have negligible risk from.

What's more making a decision and consenting on behalf of a child who cannot make an informed consent.

First you complain a vaccine isn't trialled long enough. Then you complain that trials don't use only non healthy subjects. 

You are basically anti existence of vaccines and medicine for children if those have been through clinical trials on children. 

Uh huh. Ok. No more medicine for anybody under age of consent. You don't have an ethical problem with that. 

Back to real life...

2 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I think her kids are adults.

On another tack...

If nobody's child took any vaccine then there could never be any clinical trials involving  children.  How do you expect Phase 3 results to materialize?  Via uncaring, ignorant parents? In countries where "children's lives don't matter"?

Any childhood vaccine you have ever been given or have had given to your child...somebody else's kids took them first.  At least have the grace to thank them for their service. 

Excellent.

And yes, my kids are in their twenties.

Just now, NeedAClew said:

First you complain a vaccine isn't trialled long enough. Then you complain that trials don't use only non healthy subjects. 

You are basically anti existence of vaccines and medicine for children if those have been through clinical trials on children. 

Uh huh. Ok. No more medicine for anybody under age of consent. You don't have an ethical problem with that. 

Back to real life...

No I'm against vaccinating children for a virus that they have negligible risk from.

That's the point that you fail to understand.

Polio and Measles were far more dangerous to children than Covid.

Regardless of that point where are they going to get children that haven't already recovered from Covid-19 infection?  Conceivably the majority of 5 to 12 year old children in the USA have had Covid and recovered.  

6 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Ah well, maybe the next strain that comes along will tailor it'self to it's most likely host. Kids.

Then I assume you'll be happy for them to take the next cobbled together vaccine to save their lives?

Delta strain shifted the goal posts, what will the next strain do? Don’t encourage new strains due to poor vaccination levels.

And the converse of what I posted upthread is also true. If a child gets (asymptomatic) Covid, they may not be affected much, if at all, but they still can pass it on to (unvaccinated) adults in their household and contact group who could be badly, if not terminally affected.

Just make sure every adult possible is vaccinated. Not perfect, but the best we can do all round…..

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

All reports either conclude that there was an increase in narcoepsy associated with the use of Pandemrix in children, or they noted the increase but did not investigate the matter further. 

You seem quite passionate about this issue - nearly as passionate as you are about needing electric heads in boats (and for the record, I also see a working electric head that can macerate toilet paper as a necessity for having wife and daughter aboard).

I'm curious - what do you see the relative risks to be for your 4 year old from the virus and potential lingering effects vs say the pfizer vaccine and it's potential side effects? ie 0.001 % chance of narcolepsy from vaccine vs 0.01 % chance of long covid effects? What are the numbers from your perspective? 

I realise that it is hard to come up with fully accurate and 100% scientifically backed risk probabilities, as they are very small numbers with a high degree of variability acrosss studies. So I am really asking for your perception, not for an aggregate of scientific studies.

FWIW - I have talked about my daughter previously, and that she has decided to be vaccinated. My view of the risks for her are;

Chance of impact from covid: approximately fuck all.

Chance of impact from vaccine: approximately 2/10ths of fuck all.

Impact from societal restrictions from not being vaccinated: significant.

So the equation for me is that there is no effective difference between the risk from covid and the risk from vaccination (fuck all=fuck all) but there are real restrictions from not being vaccinated. Therefore get vaccinated.

(To be transparent we would have leaned towards vacccination even without the restrictions, but not had any particular urgentcy about it)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

No I'm against vaccinating children for a virus that they have negligible risk from.

Regardless of that point where are they going to get children that haven't already recovered from Covid-19 infection?  Conceivably the majority of 5 to 12 year old children in the USA have had Covid and recovered.  

Another fact free post.

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

KSFB, we have heard endlessly about what you are against. What are you for?

11 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Ah well, maybe the next strain that comes along will tailor it'self to it's most likely host. Kids.

Then I assume you'll be happy for them to take the next cobbled together vaccine to save their lives?

11 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

That's where variants will emerge... unguarded territory.

And there is no guarantee that current vaccinations will even protect you from future strains.

it’s like putting a condom on before heading to the pub.

6 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

And there is no guarantee that current vaccinations will even protect you from future strains.

it’s like putting a condom on before heading to the pub.

I'd stop digging that pit if I were you.

The L/R consensus here seems to be that you are an idiot. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

"Consensus"? You're fucking joking aren't you?

The consensus here is that you are a troll that knows fuck all

That doesn't seem to have stopped others around here from pontificating endlessly.

so there is a guarantee that the existing vaccinations will handle future strains?

12 hours ago, Se7en said:

You seem quite passionate about this issue - nearly as passionate as you are about needing electric heads in boats (and for the record, I also see a working electric head that can macerate toilet paper as a necessity for having wife and daughter aboard).

Nah, screw the family, they can deal with manual pumping.

Like the journalist who mentioned this last week, I too have seen 14 PMs come and go and none of them was such a contemptible, sleazy, bare-faced liar as Morrison.

His Trumpian comments (more or less “there are very fine people on both sides”) on the covid demonstrations in Melbourne were despicable. Despite all States having wide ranging vax mandates, he now rejects vaccine mandates while insisting on proof of vaccination at his own media events, and of course Aged Care, his only responsibility.

His reasoning probably aligns with The Shovel's take on it; “PM says unvaxxed Australians deserve to be treated with the respect they refuse to show others, these rules are unfairly inhibiting the most selfish in our community”.

His incompetence is beyond doubt when the Chinese refuse to talk to you, the American President thinks you are a boofhead and the French President calls you a liar.

What a deplorable, loathsome creature.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Frakka said:

His incompetence is beyond doubt when the Chinese refuse to talk to you, the American President thinks you are a boofhead and the French President calls you a liar.

The Chinese - want to list those 14 demands we have to satisfy to normalise relations with the Chinese for me? And indicate for each one what you think we should do?

I thought not.

The US President thinking Scomo's a boofhead - well, duh, he is.

The French President calling you a liar. Probably true, don't care. The French wanted us to continue with a contract they kept fucking with at our expense, we had every legal right to terminate it and we did. If Morrison lied in the process, so sad, too bad, better to lie than have Macron pull out all stops to sabotage the AUKUS deal. So - meh. Sour grapes big-time. The French never gave a fuck about our opinions when they were doing nuke tests to the east of us, why should I give a fuck about them now?

As for the last bit, it's all true. I've no regard for Scomo at all. I think he should FOAD and preferably yesterday.

The next election is there for Albo to lose at this point.

FKT

33 minutes ago, Frakka said:

For all of Scomos faults, at least he has not backed down and accepted even one of China's 14 demands and he made a decision to put our national interest first in cancelling the French sub contract.

Macron's hissy fit is all about his election. He'd have to be a complete moron to not see the writing on the wall about the contract and a fool to think that he should have been forewarned.   

Macron should have taken the call or called back. 

35 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The Chinese..............

Trump met with our weak and shallow PM in September 2019 and sparked him up with the Wuhan lab theory. Morrison could barely wait to get home and stick the boots into China, thereby rooting several of our large agricultural export industries, the rest is history.

As for 14 reasons, wait a while, Morrison still hasn't learned, it will be 16 Reasons soon enough (Connie Francis 1959).   ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

For all of Scomos faults, at least he has not backed down and accepted even one of China's 14 demands and he made a decision to put our national interest first in cancelling the French sub contract.

Macron's hissy fit is all about his election. He'd have to be a complete moron to not see the writing on the wall about the contract and a fool to think that he should have been forewarned.   

Macron should have taken the call or called back. 

Fuck you're funny.

The only interests scomo cares about are his own.

When's that first sub coming?

6 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The French never gave a fuck about our opinions when they were doing nuke tests to the east of us, why should we give a fuck about them now?

Fixed. I was deported back to England from France for not having a visa (got back in again the next day though), back in the days of French retaliation for Oz’s objection to pacific nuclear testing. Luckily for us, “Rainbow Warrior” wasn’t sunk here as well. No sympathy for them, despite working on a number of French projects with many French colleagues subsequently.

I have said it elsewhere, but ScoMo fucked up with the French, he should have kept both deals going to ensure some real effort and competition in the deals.

ScoMo and Co are increasingly heading for the next election using Trump/Republican tactics. Complete with empty promises, tacit extremist support, lies, hypocrisy, election fraud legislation, rorts, plus multiple ministerial conflicts of interest, if not corruption. Let’s see how bad and desperate it gets…..

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Frakka said:

Like the journalist who mentioned this last week, I too have seen 14 PMs come and go and none of them was such a contemptible, sleazy, bare-faced liar as Morrison.

His Trumpian comments (more or less “there are very fine people on both sides”) on the covid demonstrations in Melbourne were despicable. Despite all States having wide ranging vax mandates, he now rejects vaccine mandates while insisting on proof of vaccination at his own media events, and of course Aged Care, his only responsibility.

His reasoning probably aligns with The Shovel's take on it; “PM says unvaxxed Australians deserve to be treated with the respect they refuse to show others, these rules are unfairly inhibiting the most selfish in our community”.

And even our scarcely mentioned neighbours hate his guts.

Nicely summed up. WTF were we thinking?

7 hours ago, Frakka said:

Trump met with our weak and shallow PM in September 2019 and sparked him up with the Wuhan lab theory. Morrison could barely wait to get home and stick the boots into China, thereby rooting several of our large agricultural export industries, the rest is history.

As for 14 reasons, wait a while, Morrison still hasn't learned, it will be 16 Reasons soon enough (Connie Francis 1959).   ;)

So, a total avoidance of the question I asked.

As I expected. Pretty easy to slag off at Scomo, he deserves it, but you're not saying what YOU would do WRT those Chinese demands now are you?

Most of the ALP politicians think we should ignore the Chinese demands too. Sure, we can be polite and look for a way they can save face, but actually agree to do what they demand? No way.

FKT

1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

ScoMo and Co are increasingly heading for the next election using Trump/Republican tactics. Complete with empty promises, tacit extremist support, lies, hypocrisy, election fraud legislation, rorts, plus multiple ministerial conflicts of interest, if not corruption. Let’s see how bad and desperate it gets…..

Yeah as I said, IMO it's Albo's election to lose. Unless the ALP fucks up big-time I'm voting to turf this lot out next chance I get.

I really, really wish Penny Wong was up for being PM though. There's a few political areas I disagree with her (of course), but she's bright, trustworthy and a really good thinker. Plibersek is a total lightweight in comparison.

FKT

15 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

And even our scarcely mentioned neighbours hate his guts.

Nicely summed up. WTF were we thinking?

The alternative was worse in the majority opinion.

Same reason Trump got elected over Clinton. I'd never, ever, ever have voted for Trump for anything except maybe starring role at a hanging, but heaps of people really hated Clinton and others stayed home.

I never hated Shorten but I despised him as a backstabbing arsehole who'd sell anyone out in pursuit of his personal aggrandisement. No way would I be willing to see him as PM, not ever.

FKT

7 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The alternative was worse in the majority opinion.

Same reason Trump got elected over Clinton. I'd never, ever, ever have voted for Trump for anything except maybe starring role at a hanging, but heaps of people really hated Clinton and others stayed home.

I never hated Shorten but I despised him as a backstabbing arsehole who'd sell anyone out in pursuit of his personal aggrandisement. No way would I be willing to see him as PM, not ever.

FKT

Fair enough. I assume you cast an empty ballot then?

Albo is a decent, intelligent experienced bloke.

I'm hoping they have something up their  sleeves.

We bought a flat today. I think we actually got a super bargain. :)

8 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Fair enough. I assume you cast an empty ballot then?

Albo is a decent, intelligent experienced bloke.

I'm hoping they have something up their  sleeves.

So you are backing the ALP and the Melbourne property market? While you are at it why not jump into those whacky Cryptocurrencies as well?

10 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Congrats. My daughter & her husband bought a town house recently. Only 10X the price her mother & I paid for a house back in 1985...

FKT

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Congrats. My daughter & her husband bought a town house recently. Only 10X the price her mother & I paid for a house back in 1985...

FKT

This is just a 1 bed flat in Glen huntly. $310,000. 5x what I paid for my first 2 bed house in 1984.

But, its a 60's block, Solid as, big rooms, quiet top floor at the back, loads of gardens around it, a balcony  with french windows overlooking a lovely park. Needs gutting.

For private sale. Seen and bought in 24 hours. avoided the Auction shark pool.

I'd live in it.

• Like 1

This is just a 1 bed flat in Glen huntly. $310,000. 5x what I paid for my first 2 bed house in 1984.

But, its a 60's block, Solid as, big rooms, quiet top floor at the back, loads of gardens around it, a balcony  with french windows overlooking a lovely park. Needs gutting.

For private sale. Seen and bought in 24 hours. avoided the Auction shark pool.

I'd live in it.

I looked at a few places for my daughter over the winter. Most I recommended they not buy - ticky-tacky construction.

What they bought is relatively new but seems well done. Backs onto a park and a short walk to the metro line going in.

Those old 3 storey walk-up flat blocks were generally very well built. Ok systems need updating but so what. Better than leaking bathrooms and flammable cladding, or serious structural flaws and no recourse.

FKT

16 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I looked at a few places for my daughter over the winter. Most I recommended they not buy - ticky-tacky construction.

What they bought is relatively new but seems well done. Backs onto a park and a short walk to the metro line going in.

Those old 3 storey walk-up flat blocks were generally very well built. Ok systems need updating but so what. Better than leaking bathrooms and flammable cladding, or serious structural flaws and no recourse.

FKT

Exactly, this one is two story though. only 5 in the block and 5 single story units on a huge block. all surrounded in old mature lemon trees, garden beds and lawns.

You can't even see the carports :D

It's actually better IMHO to do you're own renovations and not be paying for a builders choice.

It's a stratum title though.

1 minute ago, ShortForBob said:

Exactly, this one is two story though. only 5 in the block and 5 single story units on a huge block. all surounded in old matured lemon trees and lawns.

You can't even see the carports :D

It's actually better IMHO to do you're own renovations and not be paying for a builders choice.

Better make sure the strata committee doesn't attempt to 'leverage underused property value' by getting sufficient support for a sale, demolition and 10+ storey monstrosity in its place. It has happened. IIRC it only requires 75% of owners to force it through in NSW.

FKT

Stratum in Vic isn't the same as Company title, one holds title over one's unit, but anything could happen in theory.

I've got a good experienced conveyancing solicitor to look over the memorandum and 3 days cooling off.

i

5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Better make sure the strata committee doesn't attempt to 'leverage underused property value' by getting sufficient support for a sale, demolition and 10+ storey monstrosity in its place. It has happened. IIRC it only requires 75% of owners to force it through in NSW.

FKT

Vic has a similar rule and for that reason if I was in a position to buy an investment apartment, I'd buy in an old block with redevelopment potential. 

16 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Vic has a similar rule and for that reason if I was in a position to buy an investment apartment, I'd buy in an old block with redevelopment potential. 

Then check out the size of this block. the one with all the trees and park view. the carports top right are included. :D

Stratum title gives us 10% of the whole.

image.thumb.png.d8912ce20bb8310176be9a70df0e7f07.png

7 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

It's probably a good block to buy into for an investment.

The laws that prevent one holdout killing a deal is quite sensible. 

Yeah well. It wasn't bought as an investment, it's for the kids to live in as needed.

As FKT points out, they are as solid as a rock and will be as valued Deco Apt's in a few years when people get tired of fixing the bodgy built shoe boxes in a few years.

Yeah well. It wasn't bought as an investment, it's for the kids to live in as needed.

Still an investment but with family benefits 

As FKT points out, they are as solid as a rock and will be as valued Deco Apt's in a few years when people get tired of fixing the bodgy built shoe boxes in a few years.

Unless you buy into a quality block built by a company with a strong reputation and a body corporate with decent budget, I would not buy into newish bocks.

Buying old does make a lot of sense. 

52 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Still an investment but with family benefits 

Unless you buy into a quality block built by a company with a strong reputation and a body corporate with decent budget, I would not buy into newish bocks.

Buying old does make a lot of sense. 

Well they are paying for it and doing all the reno's.

I'm much happier about them buying this than the $765.000 two bed Deco I bid on last week. No need for loans.

Melbourne prices are wicked for the young.

:)

1 hour ago, Bill E Goat said:

A mate was talking to a Lebo builder who builds apartments and asked if he would buy one, his comment "not in a million years"  He said  no more than 3 stories, small numbers of units in the block, no lifts and built before 1970 are the ones to get

Brickies were cheap in the 60's. As were bricks.

Double brick 15 Squares with internal single brick walls would be astronomical today.

2 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

A mate was talking to a Lebo builder who builds apartments and asked if he would buy one, his comment "not in a million years"  He said  no more than 3 stories, small numbers of units in the block, no lifts and built before 1970 are the ones to get

This. And no gyms or swimming pools.

Amazing how governments managed to allow the cowboys to totally fuck over residential real estate in some stupid pursuit of higher density living. Those ticky-tacky boxes aren't even cheap. Well, the construction is.

Every so often the govts and real estate sharks bemoan the fact that old people are occupying 3, 4 & 5 BR homes when they live alone or as a couple. How selfish! But the thing is, there is no point downsizing, paying a shitload of agent's fees, stamp duty et al just to move into a small shitbox that you then have to pay strata fees on as well as council rates, and often you can't find anything suitable/affordable in the same suburb.

Around my area in Sydney there is exactly ONE development of town houses I'd consider buying into. It's low density, built in the 70's and borders on a park. The price would likely be the same as the house on a 1000m^2 block of land in the same suburb would sell for, so why bother.

Anyway congrats on the purchase Meli. I hope they enjoy living there.

FKT

• Like 1

Looks like the NT is going to have it's hands full. :(

Key points:

• NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner says cases in Binjari could increase significantly
  • He says the federal government is deploying resources to assist in the outbreak
  • There is a "real risk" the virus has seeded in other connected communities, he says

On Saturday night the NT

At a press conference today Mr Gunner said the hard lockdown measures were appropriate because the "threat to lives is extreme" in the communities.

He said the federal government had offered to deploy 20 ADF personnel, as well as army trucks, to assist with the unfolding situation in the Northern Territory.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-21/nt-covid-update-katherine-robinson-river-binjari-outbreak/100637600

26 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Looks like the NT is going to have it's hands full. :(

Key points:

• NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner says cases in Binjari could increase significantly
  • He says the federal government is deploying resources to assist in the outbreak
  • There is a "real risk" the virus has seeded in other connected communities, he says

On Saturday night the NT

At a press conference today Mr Gunner said the hard lockdown measures were appropriate because the "threat to lives is extreme" in the communities.

He said the federal government had offered to deploy 20 ADF personnel, as well as army trucks, to assist with the unfolding situation in the Northern Territory.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-21/nt-covid-update-katherine-robinson-river-binjari-outbreak/100637600

All thanks to Victoria courtesy of 1 person telling lies.

Upthread a while back you said no one cares about the Territory. You wouldn't have a clue where Binjari is, I visit there every 3 months.

You're a doom sayer, STFU. 1275 cases iVic overnight, restrictions relaxed. You're not helping.

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

Upthread a while back you said no one cares about the Territory. You wouldn't have a clue where Binjari is, I visit there every 3 months.

You're a doom sayer, STFU. 1275 cases iVic overnight, restrictions relaxed. You're not helping.

This is what living with covid looks like.

Thanks Gladys and Scomo!

56 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:
2 hours ago, 00seven said:

This is what living with covid looks like.

Thanks Gladys and Scomo!

What? You make no sense, none at all.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, Bill E Goat said:

I wouldn't buy an apartment from a Lebo either. Most of the city is in ruins.

On 11/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

This. And no gyms or swimming pools.

Amazing how governments managed to allow the cowboys to totally fuck over residential real estate in some stupid pursuit of higher density living. Those ticky-tacky boxes aren't even cheap. Well, the construction is.

Every so often the govts and real estate sharks bemoan the fact that old people are occupying 3, 4 & 5 BR homes when they live alone or as a couple. How selfish! But the thing is, there is no point downsizing, paying a shitload of agent's fees, stamp duty et al just to move into a small shitbox that you then have to pay strata fees on as well as council rates, and often you can't find anything suitable/affordable in the same suburb.

Around my area in Sydney there is exactly ONE development of town houses I'd consider buying into. It's low density, built in the 70's and borders on a park. The price would likely be the same as the house on a 1000m^2 block of land in the same suburb would sell for, so why bother.

Anyway congrats on the purchase Meli. I hope they enjoy living there.

FKT

One of my investment properties is a 4 bedroom cottage on the hill at Manly. I paid $520k 8 years ago and had it valued at $1.250 000 last week. You don't create wealth buying brick 6 pack shitboxes in outer suburbs. 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

One of my investment properties is a 4 bedroom cottage on the hill at Manly. I paid $520k 8 years ago and had it valued at $1.250 000 last week. You don't create wealth buying brick 6 pack shitboxes in outer suburbs. 

Is you're message box full?

Just now, LB 15 said:

Probably I don't look at it. It is still full of Jack Sparrow's turds. I will go flush it out...

It's no biggie.

I was just wondering if you'd seen Rando around.

He's been missing over 6 weeks here and not replied to messages (which he usually does quite quickly)

No indication he's been flicked either.

Just now, ShortForBob said:

It's no biggie.

I was just wondering if you'd seen Rando around.

He's been missing over 6 weeks here and not replied to messages (which he usually does quite quickly)

No indication he's been flicked either.

No I was thinking the same thing. I am sure he is fine we all need to take a break from this place sometime. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No I was thinking the same thing. I am sure he is fine we all need to take a break from this place sometime. 

Sure, but he'll usually reply to a PM.

Maybe he's in your basement :)

Or on a roadtrip.

16 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Thanks Gladys and Scomo!

Morrison's record on lying is impeccable, but it seems that as many had suspected, Gladys has been bullshitting all along too........... 

"Former premier Gladys Berejiklian repeatedly stated at her daily Covid briefings that all decisions were based on “health advice".

https://au.news.yahoo.com/gladys-berejiklian-defied-covid-health-advice-emails-reveal-011023345.html

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/kerry-chant-urged-consistent-lockdown-restrictions-across-all-of-sydney-emails-reveal-20211121-p59aq4.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1637523283-1

9 minutes ago, Frakka said:

Morrison's record on lying is impeccable, but it seems that as many had suspected, Gladys has been bullshitting all along too........... 

"Former premier Gladys Berejiklian repeatedly stated at her daily Covid briefings that all decisions were based on “health advice".

https://au.news.yahoo.com/gladys-berejiklian-defied-covid-health-advice-emails-reveal-011023345.html

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/kerry-chant-urged-consistent-lockdown-restrictions-across-all-of-sydney-emails-reveal-20211121-p59aq4.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1637523283-1

Just as we all suspected.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:14 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

........those Chinese demands.........

You have it ass about FKT, the demands are but the symptom, advice is always to treat the cause first, in this case the removal of that divisive cretin that is too kindly described by Malcolm Farr................ “Morrison is the shallowest, most demonstrably deceitful, self important and ill-equiped PM of at least the past 30 years.”

Odds are that once the tumour is removed, Xi Jinping will pick up the phone, just as he did with Joe the other day, and life will be good.

7 minutes ago, Frakka said:

You have it ass about FKT, the demands are but the symptom, advice is always to treat the cause first, in this case the removal of that divisive cretin that is too kindly described by Malcolm Farr................ “Morrison is the shallowest, most demonstrably deceitful, self important and ill-equiped PM of at least the past 30 years.”

Odds are that once the tumour is removed, Xi Jinping will pick up the phone, just as he did with Joe the other day, and life will be good.

So once again you decline to answer a straightforward question.

OK, fair enough. We can all draw whatever conclusions we choose from that.

Mine is, you're not worth any more of my time on this issue. You actually seem to think that major strategic inter-country matters like checking foreign investments, keeping foreign national owned telcos out of our IT system and the like are determined by who's the PM of Australia.

Whatever.

FKT

20 minutes ago, Frakka said:

Only if Albo caves on some of the 14 demands.

Do you think Albo will sell us out? If so, which do you think he should sell us out on?

image.thumb.png.0e8261b2a334949c2e31e2a808335883.png

1 hour ago, Frakka said:

"According to the internal correspondence, Dr Chant recommended in July that NSW adopt restrictions equivalent to the strict “stage 4″ approach adopted in Victoria’s 2020 lockdown. They included five-kilometre travel limits, masks in all indoor and outdoor settings, the closure of retail and a curfew of 8pm."

So Gladys is obviously a hero because she ignored Chants advice!

I think vaccine mandates are a real sleeper issue. Most people haven't yet realised the scope of what will be required and the disruption it will cause. For example, it's not good enough just to see the "certificate", you have to also see personal ID to check it's for the right person.

Consider a small coffee shop, butcher or bakery: every person who walks into the shop will have to have their ID and Covid status checked, even if they don't order or purchase anything. The customer also has to sign in with a check–in app, and in some venues have their details independently recorded. If the business does not force customers to comply, they may be at risk of large fines. If customers refuse to comply, the business recourse is "call the police".

Yeah, right.

For some venues that already vet potential patrons (e.g. nightclubs), it likely isn't much of an impost, but for the vast majority of food and beverage businesses it's a huge impost.

Many years ago, a Queensland government department introduced optional 6 month driver's licence fees. They seriously underestimated the impact. Suddenly cashiers and payment processing staff had about 40% more work. You think customer service didn't suffer? Now they are making the same mistake, but forcing the issue onto small businesses instead.

I'm all for encouraging people to get vaccinated. However "vaccine passports" should apply to movement across state or national boundaries, not visiting a corner store or getting a coffee. People can go to private parties, mix and mingle with virtually no restrictions, but can't visit a coffee shop without proof of ID or vaccination status? Idiotic.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RobG said:

I think vaccine mandates are a real sleeper issue. Most people haven't yet realised the scope of what will be required and the disruption it will cause. For example, it's not good enough just to see the "certificate", you have to also see personal ID to check it's for the right person.

Consider a small coffee shop, butcher or bakery: every person who walks into the shop will have to have their ID and Covid status checked, even if they don't order or purchase anything. The customer also has to sign in with a check–in app, and in some venues have their details independently recorded. If the business does not force customers to comply, they may be at risk of large fines. If customers refuse to comply, the business recourse is "call the police".

Yeah, right.

For some venues that already vet potential patrons (e.g. nightclubs), it likely isn't much of an impost, but for the vast majority of food and beverage businesses it's a huge impost.

Many years ago, a Queensland government department introduced optional 6 month driver's licence fees. They seriously underestimated the impact. Suddenly cashiers and payment processing staff had about 40% more work. You think customer service didn't suffer? Now they are making the same mistake, but forcing the issue onto small businesses instead.

I'm all for encouraging people to get vaccinated. However "vaccine passports" should apply to movement across state or national boundaries, not visiting a corner store or getting a coffee. People can go to private parties, mix and mingle with virtually no restrictions, but can't visit a coffee shop without proof of ID or vaccination status? Idiotic.

I've just been out shopping. been to the bank (inside) a pet supplier, a whitegoods store, Sushi bar, Chemist, optometrist and $2 shop.

Not one asked me for vax ID, not one oversaw check in. One actually thanked me for showing her my vax cert.

It's a joke.

2 hours ago, RobG said:

Governments or their public servants are very good at either not thinking things through or not caring about the impact of decisions made. They often don't seem to understand the cost, difficulties and even the timeframe needed to implement their ideas.

Just look at Anna's plans for Dec 17 and beyond...

She expects businesses to try to enforce the double vax rules but if there is a patron who refuses to play ball she wants business to call the police. It's a good deal for business, but what about the police. How are they going to handle the call volume? On Saturday night I had to call 000 because of an accident outside our house. The police arrived pretty quickly, but what will happen once anti-Anna covid laws people start deliberately causing businesses to make the call?

Then there is the stupid 72 hour Covid test rule. I'm going to Melbourne to pick up my car and will be out of QLD for less than 48hr. So I will get a test before I fly. What about business people who will fly to Sydney or Melbourne for just the day. i have heard talk that getting a covid test in QLD is being called a "loophole" and what if they close it forcing short trip travellers to get tested at our destination? How does that help. Of course that 72 hour test is just idiotic anyway. There is nothing stopping anyone from going out after they had their test and catching covid just before flying.

Hopefully Anna will come to her senses, but I suspect that she is not bright enough to understand.

19 hours ago, Frakka said:

“Morrison is the shallowest, most demonstrably deceitful, self important and ill-equiped PM of at least the past 30 years.”

Apart from KRudd of course. You leftards always try and forget about him...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Apart from.............

:lol: In my living memory of the fourteen previous, no other PM  has so consistently bought themselves and the country into such disrepute and have failed to support orderly and proper governance, both Federal and State. Considering that Abbott is in the mix, that is quite some acheivement.

And it never ends, remember this, yesterday in Parliament the PM was asked about it again.......‘Mr Morrison’s office insists that claims he is holidaying in Hawaii are wrong’.

The PM then claimed he had messaged Albo at the time, told him he was on leave and on the way to Hawaii with his family.

Albo told Parliament this was not true and that the PM was selectively bullshitting again.

In the space of an hour Morrison had to recant three times and in the end admitted to Parliament that he was lying about lying.

19 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

I've just been out shopping. been to the bank (inside) a pet supplier, a whitegoods store, Sushi bar, Chemist, optometrist and $2 shop.

Not one asked me for vax ID, not one oversaw check in. One actually thanked me for showing her my vax cert.

It's a joke.

Nobody ever has asked me for a vax cert here in Tasmania. I have a letter from my doctor who did the shots, I don't have anything else. Probably could figure out MyGov and stuff but first I'd need a really really compelling reason to do that. I hate dealing with that stuff.

Yeah compliance checking is going to be a nightmare and while I applaud the drive to get everyone vaccinated, I think that on the micro scale, it's going to be an unmitigated example of overreach and a failure.

Travel restrictions, different matter. Should be mandatory there. Plus other things like visiting nursing homes, hospital visits et al. But coffee shops & corner stores? Forget it.

FKT

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Rudd and Gillard are responsible for the biggest school infrastructure project in Australian history.

Progress. It's what progressives do.

Deflection. I didn't say they never did anything positive.

I said that Rudd had the moral rectitude of a tunicate.

Gillard wasn't a lot better. She managed to prove in no uncertain terms that, even if you had a witnessed and written promise, it still was utterly worthless when things looked difficult.

I'm sure you'd like to gloss over events but the facts are what they are.

Feel free to attempt another goalpost-shift or 2. I've lost interest though. The fact that you can acknowledge no wrongs with your ALP leaders while admitting to no rights for the Lib/Nats just demonstrates your partisan bias. That makes your opinions pretty much not worth bothering with reading.

FKT

33 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Gillard wasn't a lot better. She managed to prove in no uncertain terms that, even if you had a witnessed and written promise, it still was utterly worthless when things looked difficult.

Feel free to attempt another goalpost-shift or 2. I've lost interest though. The fact that you can acknowledge no wrongs with your ALP leaders while admitting to no rights for the Lib/Nats just demonstrates your partisan bias. That makes your opinions pretty much not worth bothering with reading.

FKT

They made it acceptable for a sitting PM to be stabbed in the back by their own party and turned Australia into the new Italy. 

The Liberals just followed their lead. At least the Liberal Leaders with the knife in their backs bailed out of politics rather than reused the knife.

EasyMel will deflect by pointing out Labour changed their rules which is easy when you are booted by fed up voters.

1 hour ago, Frakka said:

:lol: In my living memory of the fourteen previous, no other PM  has so consistently bought themselves and the country into such disrepute and have failed to support orderly and proper governance, both Federal and State. Considering that Abbott is in the mix, that is quite some acheivement.

And it never ends, remember this, yesterday in Parliament the PM was asked about it again.......‘Mr Morrison’s office insists that claims he is holidaying in Hawaii are wrong’.

The PM then claimed he had messaged Albo at the time, told him he was on leave and on the way to Hawaii with his family.

Albo told Parliament this was not true and that the PM was selectively bullshitting again.

In the space of an hour Morrison had to recant three times and in the end admitted to Parliament that he was lying about lying.

Does it not occur to you that the biggest issue you can find to hate him is a holiday he took two years ago? That will really damage him in the election. Albo ain’t game to take a holiday with Bill the rapist lurking in the shadows...

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Would you like some tissues?

Unfortunately they attract a never ever gst....

As if a tunicate would find schools morally important......