• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• LB 15

• Ease the sheet.

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

For anyone here who thinks I don't bag out the current government here.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-12/mandatory-life-jackets-for-wa-to-reduce-deaths-at-sea/100532672

This is absolute crap, the people responsible are absolute morons, and the people who voted yes on it have no idea.

that's just bringing you in line with the eastern states and the reason we sell so many 4.9m boats

1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

that's just bringing you in line into the 21'st century  with the eastern states and the reason we sell so many 4.9m boats

FTFY

I linked my Vax certificate to my Victorian services check in app last night.

It works!! you even get a pretty sparkly little hologram display :)

8 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-13/covid-teenager-vaccine-box-hill-hospital-/100534876

watched this young girl and her mum on the presser this morning.

Very effective. 17 years old, in induced coma and ventilator.

Apparently Sutton personally called her mum to support her.

Nice. :)

Obesity =/= comorbidity? Asking for a friend....

• Like 3
15 hours ago, darth reapius said:

For anyone here who thinks I don't bag out the current government here.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-12/mandatory-life-jackets-for-wa-to-reduce-deaths-at-sea/100532672

This is absolute crap, the people responsible are absolute morons, and the people who voted yes on it have no idea.

How dare the Government tell you what to do! Next thing they will be locking you in your state and making you wear facemasks. Anyway it is my constitutional right to not wear a lifejacket. My body, my choice.

I don't believe in this drowning thing, it is just a conspiracy to control us. I will wager those people that have died of drowning either had pre-existing medical conditions, were elderly or were fat cunts.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I will wager those people that have died of drowning either had pre-existing medical conditions, were elderly or were fat cunts.

No they didn't die of drowning they died of Influenza as they had had a positive test within 28 days of being found floating in the water.

2297 new cases in Sicktoria - yet another Aussie record. It seems Dan's curfew and rules are working beautifully. Nobody's getting Covid after 9pm

1 minute ago, Dark Cloud said:

2297 new cases in Sicktoria - yet another Aussie record. It seems Dan's curfew and rules are working beautifully. Nobody's getting Covid after 9pm

FFS, maybe we should stop it with all those pop up sites all over town. If we didn't test, the virus would go away like magic!

15 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

FFS, maybe we should stop it with all those pop up sites all over town. If we didn't test, the virus would go away like magic!

I reckon if we concentrate hard enough, we can hit 3000 - GO TEAM VIC !

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Are people masked and reasonably distant or are they lined up chatting away and sipping short whites? Maybe the testing centers are superspreaders?

1 minute ago, Dark Cloud said:

Probably.

You do realise that the daily case numbers are only indicative of the cases that are out there.

With the high single vax rates, most of those cases will be mild.

From another perspective, high positive testing is a good thing depending on the testing to positivity ratio. 

High test rate with low positive results is what we need to achieve.

Low test rates with high positivity is when we need to all panic.

Fortunately our fully vaccinated rates should see new cases and especially hospitalisation rates dropping proportionately, as they are.

Just now, NeedAClew said:

Are people masked and reasonably distant or are they lined up chatting away and sipping short whites? Maybe the testing centers are superspreaders?

Generally speaking, yes people are still masking up and socially distancing and checking in with their apps.

Unfortunately, as you know, it only takes a few twits deciding it's OK to have a party.

You may have missed my sarc.

7 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

That's the problem with having a 1 trick pony leader. People are fed up with being locked down for 250 + days and see the Vax count rise, so they show Dan the respect that he shows them and make up their own rules.

Maybe if Dan had made all possible efforts early on to avoid lockdowns, like Gladys did, then maybe Sicktorians would respect the rules more. 

The leftwit fucktards here cannot comprehend that concept.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Generally speaking, yes people are still masking up and socially distancing and checking in with their apps.

Unfortunately, as you know, it only takes a few twits deciding it's OK to have a party.

You may have missed my sarc.

No I am serious about popup test and vax sites. Unless carefully run, you find people test negative then mysteriously get it later that week. Or are 1 shot patients. 

1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

That's the problem with having a 1 trick pony leader. People are fed up with being locked down for 250 + days and see the Vax count rise, so they show Dan the respect that he shows them and make up their own rules.

Maybe if Dan had made all possible efforts early on to avoid lockdowns, like Gladys did, then maybe Sicktorians would respect the rules more. 

Cool, maybe we should have just ignored those mystery infections from NSW and not knowing where it was seeding, just carried on as usual for a couple of weeks.

You're an idiot. I'm yet to see what your solution to this latest outbreak would have been.

Come on man, tell us your plan or shut up.

Just now, NeedAClew said:

No I am serious about popup test and vax sites. Unless carefully run, you find people test negative then mysteriously get it later that week. Or are 1 shot patients. 

Ok, I've had 7 tests over 18 months. The queue's in the walk up clinics (at least the ones I've been to) are strictly patrolled by fully PPE ed staff for masking and social distancing.

The drive through's are pretty covid tight. Stay in your car, Check in with your app on arrival supervised by staff in masks.

I think we've only had one  testing site exposure and seeding in Vic.

1 minute ago, ShortForBob said:

Cool, maybe we should have just ignored those mystery infections from NSW and not knowing where it was seeding, just carried on as usual for a couple of weeks.

You're an idiot. I'm yet to see what your solution to this latest outbreak would have been.

If Dan had followed Gladys from day 1 of Covid 19, taking hotel quarantine more serious in how it's managed, built up contact tracing from day 1 and did not use lockdowns as the primary and sometimes only tool to control outbreaks, then we would be in a much better situation 20 months on. 

image.png.ffb25351200f779c058d240da95b1b7d.png 

Ok, I've had 7 tests over 18 months. The queue's in the walk up clinics (at least the ones I've been to) are strictly patrolled by fully PPE ed staff for masking and social distancing.

The drive through's are pretty covid tight. Stay in your car, Check in with your app on arrival supervised by staff in masks.

I think we've only had one  testing site exposure and seeding in Vic.

That's  excellent. Early local health dept vax sites in my state had such bad layouts and precautions the governor took over and had the state health department run them.  We have walk up free tests. The car ones are for fee. Hmmm....

Just now, The Dark Knight said:

If Dan had followed Gladys from day 1 of Covid 19, taking hotel quarantine more serious in how it's managed, built up contact tracing from day 1 and did not use lockdowns as the primary and sometimes only tool to control outbreaks, then we would be in a much better situation 20 months on. 

image.png.ffb25351200f779c058d240da95b1b7d.png 

There's no point in discussing last year's outbreak with you when you refuse to recognise that almost all the deaths were in aged care and much of the seeding in the community was through age care which was and is still a commonwealth responsibility.

Yes, it was seeded from poor practice in hotel quaranine.

So now, 18 months later, when NSW should have learned about our leaky mistakes, Lets talk about the limo driver and the failure to police best practice.

3 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

That's  excellent. Early local health dept vax sites in my state had such bad layouts and precautions the governor took over and had the state health department run them.  We have walk up free tests. The car ones are for fee. Hmmm....

Personally, I think the manditory check in Apps has been one of the greatest tools in this fight.

I got a text message within 12 hours of being at an exposure site and went and got tested 3 hours later.

They are state gov apps, linked directly to contact tracing and now are also linked to the federal heath (Communist :D ) health data and our Vaccine certificates. Because all our tests and vaccinations are paid for by Medicare, the Federal governmnt can keep absolutely accurate data about vacine numbers, the location of low vaxxed areas, testing and positivity numbers.

21 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I have to agree with Ms Valentine - the testing sites seem to be well controlled to prevent any spread. I made the mistake of dropping my drivers license on a table during one test - a team in hazmat suits were there to disinfect everything before it bounced twice. The nurses doing the actual testing either wear multilayer PPE, or better yet hide across the room while you test yourself.

5 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

There's no point in discussing last year's outbreak with you when you refuse to recognise that almost all the deaths were in aged care and much of the seeding in the community was through age care which was and is still a commonwealth responsibility.

Yes, it was seeded from poor practice in hotel quaranine.

So now, 18 months later, when NSW should have learned about our leaky mistakes, Lets talk about the limo driver and the failure to police best practice.

You don't get it...

People of tired after 250+ days lock up. They have no respect for the messages coming from Dan, especially now that they know Dan does not follow his own rules.  

There is not much that can be done, because Dan created this problem by his handling of the virus in 2020 causing the fatigue everyone is suffering. Vic 250+ days v NSW 100+ days locked down. 

What can be done now? Probably nothing. Dan resigning would be a good start, but even with fresh leadership, people are fatigued. As I noticed when Dan was off, Merlino was more palatable to listen to and this certainly made my family feel more positive. It might change the mood, but not peoples behaviour, but that could at least be a positive thing that people need.

Victoria now is a victim of it's past and nothing can be done to change that.

Victorians reap what Dan sowed

9 minutes ago, Se7en said:

I have to agree with Ms Valentine - the testing sites seem to be well controlled to prevent any spread. I made the mistake of dropping my drivers license on a table during one test - a team in hazmat suits were there to disinfect everything before it bounced twice. The nurses doing the actual testing either wear multilayer PPE, or better yet hide across the room while you test yourself.

I wonder if the drive throughs are as slow and inefficient as they were last time I got tested in Vic. The QLD testing station I went though had a much more streamlined process.

I don't have experience with walk in's as I have not tried it in either state, but given the problems in the drive through were the procedural, I'd suspect that walk in's will require staff to follow the same procedures and will just as inefficient.

56 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

So people make up their own rules and it's Dan's fault?

Why do hypocrite rightists hate personal responsibility?

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Nice trolling Leftard...

Your complaining does not help.

Keep yelling at the moon.

Others are encouraged by your stupid rants and act accordingly.

You are an enabler of civil disobedience.

You are part of the problem, not part of the solution

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So people make up their own rules and it's Dan's fault?

Why do hypocrite rightists hate personal responsibility?

So what you are inferring is that Sicktorians are inherently more disobedient than those from NSW which is why our lockdowns are ineffective and theirs weren't. Nothing to do with Dan. Got it.

29 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I wonder if the drive throughs are as slow and inefficient as they were last time I got tested in Vic. The QLD testing station I went though had a much more streamlined process.

I don't have experience with walk in's as I have not tried it in either state, but given the problems in the drive through were the procedural, I'd suspect that walk in's will require staff to follow the same procedures and will just as inefficient.

The test I had in a NSW country town was pretty well organised. Rocked up, they took the basic details in a couple minutes, did the swabs, on my way. Results came through the next day. Pretty much the same when I arrived in Tasmania.

As for slagging off Victorians, perhaps we'd do a lot less of it had you guys refrained from slagging off NSW a few weeks ago. But Meli and ETS in particular couldn't help themselves in crowing what a great job Dan had done and how shit a job Gladys was doing.

How's that curfew working out again?

Sucks now you've got to hide and look for excuses I guess, but you earned it.

Anyway, life's pretty normal here in Tasmania - had a haircut today, shops are open, cafes open, no masks to be seen. Bit of a fool's paradise in some ways but - shrug - I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And fuel & store the boat.

FKT

14 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

So what you are inferring is that Sicktorians are inherently more disobedient than those from NSW which is why our lockdowns are ineffective and theirs weren't. Nothing to do with Dan. Got it.

Who says our lockdowns are ineffective?

59 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Personally, I think the manditory check in Apps has been one of the greatest tools in this fight.

I got a text message within 12 hours of being at an exposure site and went and got tested 3 hours later.

They are state gov apps, linked directly to contact tracing and now are also linked to the federal heath (Communist :D ) health data and our Vaccine certificates. Because all our tests and vaccinations are paid for by Medicare, the Federal governmnt can keep absolutely accurate data about vacine numbers, the location of low vaxxed areas, testing and positivity numbers.

We had exposure apps, dutifully downloaded. Problem was self reporting of covid.  Had mine on for a year no pings while thousands around d had it. Such a massive shitshow and now another despotic prez or armed secession.

10 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

On a more cheerful note.

We are putting support dogs in schools to help kids with mental health.

This mental health argument is a furphy.

How man extra suicides have there been?

Compare that number to deaths from covid.

By all means support mental health, but don't let it distract from reality.

35 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Well I've done 5 tests in a drive through.

First time I waited 2 hours I recall, other times the wait was between 50 minutes and an hour and a half.

Perhaps you're simply too rabid or stupid to check waiting times before you went.

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The test I had in a NSW country town was pretty well organised. Rocked up, they took the basic details in a couple minutes, did the swabs, on my way. Results came through the next day. Pretty much the same when I arrived in Tasmania.

As for slagging off Victorians, perhaps we'd do a lot less of it had you guys refrained from slagging off NSW a few weeks ago. But Meli and ETS in particular couldn't help themselves in crowing what a great job Dan had done and how shit a job Gladys was doing.

How's that curfew working out again?

Sucks now you've got to hide and look for excuses I guess, but you earned it.

Anyway, life's pretty normal here in Tasmania - had a haircut today, shops are open, cafes open, no masks to be seen. Bit of a fool's paradise in some ways but - shrug - I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And fuel & store the boat.

FKT

Even the worst troll needs a grain of truth to be effective.

Maybe you could supply a quote to give your troll a semblance of accuracy?

First time I waited 2 hours I recall, other times the wait was between 50 minutes and an hour and a half.

Perhaps you're simply too rabid or stupid to check waiting times before you went.

Or maybe both?

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The slagging off was mostly completely valid in my humble opinion and mostly directed at Gladys arrogance in refusing to learn from our mistakes.

The limo driver should never have been allowed to work without absolute supervision..but hey, shit happens. 

The tardy action in locking down Sydney resulted in the spread from an nice affluent area into the rookeries.

Ooops maybe Glady's could even have learned something from 17th Century London.  

On 10/1/2021 at 11:52 AM, LB 15 said:

Bravo Gladys, Bravo. The entire nation is in your debt.

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

made all possible efforts early on to avoid lockdowns, like Gladys did

:lol: who said these people have no sense of humour :lol:

"Berejiklian has made catastophic errors in regard to covid-19 management, twice seeding this lethal disiease throughout Australia, first by the Ruby Princess debacle and second with the current delta outbreak. Despite the index case being identified - and the preceding disaster in Victoria - she arrogantly refused to shut down, blindly believing in her "gold standard" tracing system which was rapidly overwhelmed. Her delayed action allowed the virus time to first devastate NSW and then Victoria. She is single-handedly responsible for Melbourne having the dubious honour being the most locked down city in the world"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

NSW have not just flattened the curve they have it coming down. The thing you lefties can not admit it is the ethnic community that are causing the problem. You simply have to many wogs in Victoria.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

How man extra suicides have there been?

Compare that number to deaths from covid.

By all means support mental health, but don't let it distract from reality.

I tend to agree, IMHO and experience ,those who already suffer from Anxiety and other issues tend to have better coping strategies and do better than those who've suddenly had their world turned upside down. 

Still, dogs make kids happy.

3 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

The tardy action in locking down Sydney resulted in the spread from an nice affluent area into the rookeries.

By rookeries you mean the suburbs where all the wops, wogs, chinks, darkies, towelheads and dagos live?

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

NSW have not just flattened the curve they have it coming down. The thing you lefties can not admit it is the ethnic community that are causing the problem. You simply have to many wogs in Victoria.

I must not be a lefty.

The wonderful international cuisine in and around Melbourne is pretty fucking irrelevant when the same fuckheads spread covid and I can't get to the fucking restaurant.

And they don't care.  Fuckers have pivoted to uber eats drivers!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I tend to agree, IMHO and experience ,those who already suffer from Anxiety and other issues tend to have better coping strategies and do better than those who've suddenly had their world turned upside down. 

Still, dogs make kids happy.

If you can get a dog...

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The thing you lefties can not admit it is the ethnic community that are causing the problem. You simply have to many wogs in Victoria.

True. and they are not ghettoized as in Sydney. Handy for Glady's to be simply able to lock em all in. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

By rookeries you mean the suburbs where all the wops, wogs, chinks, darkies, towelheads and dagos live?

yep. The people that do the work that you're lily white lot refuse to do.

3 minutes ago, Frakka said:

:lol: who said these people have no sense of humour :lol:

"Berejiklian has made catastophic errors in regard to covid-19 management, twice seeding this lethal disiease throughout Australia, first by the Ruby Princess debacle and second with the current delta outbreak. Despite the index case being identified - and the preceding disaster in Victoria - she arrogantly refused to shut down, blindly beleiving in her "gold standard" tracing system which was rapidly overwhelmed. Her delayed action allowed the virus time to first devastate NSW and then Victoria. She is single-handedly responsible for Melbourne having the dubious honour being the most locked down city in the world"

Dan has killed twice as many people as Gladys. Based on your twisted logic how come you leftards don't blame those Chinese cunts for all of this? Wait I forgot - only white people are evil. Thanks to Dan's incompetence, Melbourne went from the 'worlds most livable city' to a third world shithole in less than 18 months. Your problem is the number of wogs that you have to do all the menial jobs in Melbourne. Nice to have all that cheap labor to exploit until you want them to act in the best interest of the community. They can not understand why their wog social practices can not continue.

You poor deluded lefty fuckwit.

Dan has killed twice as many people as Gladys. Based on your twisted logic how come you leftards don't blame those Chinese cunts for all of this? Wait I forgot - only white people are evil. Thanks to Dan's incompetence, Melbourne went from the 'worlds most livable city' to a third world shithole in less than 18 months. Your problem is the number of wogs that you have to do all the menial jobs in Melbourne. Nice to have all that cheap labor to exploit until you want them to act in the best interest of the community. They can not understand why their wog social practices can not continue.

Who manages Aged care? You do know that a good number of NSW deaths are STILL happening in Aged care.

Is this NSW fault?

25 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Apart from the insanity of refusing to be vaccinated of course. That is the other epidemic.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

yep. The people that do the work that you're lily white lot refuse to do.

We have perfectly good white- trash lower working class bogans for that up here in the Sunshine state (although there ain't much of that today- fuck it has been coming down all night!) Not only are white trash bogans more compliant- they are fun to laugh at. Think toothless Richmond supporters but without the Beanies.

5 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Who manages Aged care? You do know that a good number of NSW deaths are STILL happening in Aged care.

Is this NSW fault?

'Quick look over there!'

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Dan heard you were going to drive down here. Even had a car park lined up at a library.

He wasn't going to allow that...

We have perfectly good white- trash lower working class bogans for that up here in the Sunshine state (although there ain't much of that today- fuck it has been coming down all night!) Not only are white trash bogans more compliant- they are fun to laugh at. Think toothless Richmond supporters but without the Beanies.

So, seeing as those areas like logan are those with outbreaks, you undermine you're own arguement about the ethnicity of the spreaders. 

Like anything, the basic reason that one area is hit more than others is overcrowding, low incomes and education whatever the ethnicity of and area.

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

'Quick look over there!'

Not at all, i'm simply pointing out something that it's not convenient for you righties to acknowledge when you quote Victoria's covid mortality numbers.

This is something that you and DK etc avoid over and over.

The Commonwealth is responsible for vaccine rollouts and protection of those in private age care where almost 100% of these deaths in aged care occurred  

4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Dan heard you were going to drive down here. Even had a car park lined up at a library.

I can't wait to come down again - to catch up with mates and family I haven't seen in nearly two years, enjoy the great pubs, stroll through the South Melbourne markets enjoying the sounds and aromas and to sail on the aquamarine placid waters of Port Phillip bay.

Not all of that might be true...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

sail on the aquamarine placid waters of Port Phillip bay.

you'd probably be better off eating a bag of gravel....YMMV

• Like 2
Just now, ShortForBob said:

Not at all, i'm simply pointing out something that it's not convenient for you righties to acknowledge when you quote Victoria's covid mortality numbers.

This is something that you and DK etc avoid over and over.

The Commonwealth is responsible for vaccine rollouts and protection of those in private age care where almost 100% of these deaths in aged care occurred  

And most of those deaths happened in Victoria before any Vaccines were approved. Don't forget that Scomo lite all the bushfires as well. And the cunt cooked a BBQ while in Quarantine.

Most of those nursing homes are staffed by the aforementioned wogs in Victoria. Bless them nevertheless for what they do.

8 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Speaking of libraries, we are just waiting. Port Phillip is now a hotspot. :(

13 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I am planning to 'Stealth camp' in my Van in the carpark of the St Kilda Library. Clean toilets and all the free water you want to drink. Provided the OH&S Nazi doesn't catch me!

• Like 1

And most of those deaths happened in Victoria before any Vaccines were approved. Don't forget that Scomo lite all the bushfires as well. And the cunt cooked a BBQ while in Quarantine.

Most of those nursing homes are staffed by the aforementioned wogs in Victoria. Bless them nevertheless for what they do.

And the Feds were too slow in supporting those nursing homes. Remember, my mother was in one so I know first hand how poorly they were supported.

Temp's coming in and out, Part time staff working across different sites kids employed to clean and tidy the rooms with no proper training and poor PPE. And that was one of the posh ones.

Woman at work had her mum in one of the most badly hit, nearly half of them died. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-21/victoria-coronavirus-aged-care-report-contains-damning-findings/12996532

16 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

So, seeing as those areas like logan are those with outbreaks, you undermine you're own arguement about the ethnicity of the spreaders. 

Like anything, the basic reason that one area is hit more than others is overcrowding, low incomes and education whatever the ethnicity of and area.

Logan is where we store all our wogs you silly women.

1 minute ago, ShortForBob said:

And the Feds were too slow in supporting those nursing homes. Remember, my mother was in one so I know first hand how poorly they were supported.

Temp's coming in and out, Part time staff working across different sites kids employed to clean and tidy the rooms with no proper training and poor PPE. And that was one of the posh ones.

Woman at work had her mum in one of the most badly hit, nearly half of them died. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-21/victoria-coronavirus-aged-care-report-contains-damning-findings/12996532

Meli the aged care facility my parents were in was hit with a gastro bug about 2 years before Covid arrived. 9 Residents died in less than a week. Shit happens when you put groups of at risk people in the one building. You may want Chinese type government controls everywhere but unless you have a party commissionaire in every facility to demand conformity, the operators will continue to cut corners for profit. Blame the owners. You should have had your mother living safely at home like your Greek friends do.

• Like 1

If you don't understand my point, why do you bother commenting?

If you make the process efficient, then you can either get through many more tests using the same resources or you can get through the same number using less resources.

57 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I am planning to 'Stealth camp' in my Van in the carpark of the St Kilda Library. Clean toilets and all the free water you want to drink. Provided the OH&S Nazi doesn't catch me!

Car park is underground and you'll need a swipe card.

As for clean toilets. If you can get the key to the disabled toilets from the staff..all good. Otherwise you take your chances between the junkies and meth heads and the the cleaners roster.

When we open.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

It's sad, but all so true. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Why would they they? They worship Dan, Dan worships his masters in China. 

49 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Meli the aged care facility my parents were in was hit with a gastro bug about 2 years before Covid arrived. 9 Residents died in less than a week. Shit happens when you put groups of at risk people in the one building. You may want Chinese type government controls everywhere but unless you have a party commissionaire in every facility to demand conformity, the operators will continue to cut corners for profit. Blame the owners. You should have had your mother living safely at home like your Greek friends do.

Ha, and you accuse me of changing the subject.:rolleyes:

When we see a royal commission into covid deaths in age care, we'll know.

But You, me and anyone else with parents in residential aged care know that the "special Report" 

https://agedcare.royalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-10/aged-care-and-covid-19-a-special-report.pdf

Has not been followed up and the general report into aged care has been more or less ignored.

https://agedcare.royalcommission.gov.au/publications/final-report

Aged care and COVID-19: a special report When the Royal Commission was established in October 2018, nobody could have foreseen that the aged care sector would be in the grip of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. COVID-19 presents heightened risks to older people, who are particularly vulnerable to respiratory diseases. As at 31 December 2020, 685 people in Australian residential aged care had died due to COVID-19. At that time, there had been 2049 infections among residents in aged care. The COVID-19 pandemic has been the greatest challenge Australia’s aged care sector has faced. Residents, their families and aged care staff have all suffered. The suffering has not been confined to those homes which have experienced outbreaks. Thousands of residents in homes that have not suffered outbreaks have endured months of isolation which has had, and continues to have, a terrible effect on their physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Although the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we decided to release a special report on 1 October 2020 to take stock of the lessons that had been learned to that time. We put forward recommendations to better prepare and support the aged care sector, its staff and most importantly the residents of residential aged care. The full report is reproduced at Appendix 8 of Volume 5. 171 A Summary of the Final Report To inform our report, we held a dedicated hearing into the impact of COVID-19 on aged care. We are greatly indebted to the many people—including people receiving aged care services and their loved ones, some of whom were recently bereaved—who shared with us their stories and experiences, both at the hearing and by making written submissions. We also heard evidence of the effect of the pandemic on those working in aged care. Care workers develop close relationships with residents. Many are grieving for residents who have died after contracting COVID-19. Others are anxious about bringing the virus into their workplace or home. We pay tribute to aged care workers and to the vital work they do. 1.4.1 Recommendations We made six recommendations in our report. The first recommendation emphasised the importance of accountability to the public for implementation. Recommendation 1—The Australian Government should report to Parliament by no later than 1 December 2020 on the implementation of these recommendations. Australian Government response: On 30 November 2020, the Australian Government tabled its response in Parliament, and accepted all the recommendations.48 We welcome the Government’s response. The other five recommendations addressed four areas for immediate action to support the aged care sector. We set them out below and include the Australian Government’s response, while noting that we have not had a chance to assess the measures taken by the Government. Visitors and quality of life We focused a lot in our report on the measures necessary to restore physical connection between older people in aged care homes and their families and friends. Older people must always be at the heart of the aged care sector and of any response to any event affecting their physical and mental wellbeing. The understandable restriction of visits to older people due to the pandemic has had tragic, irreparable and lasting effects which must immediately be addressed. Visits from family and friends are critical to the physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing of people living in residential aged care, and also to the health and wellbeing of family and friends. Recommendation 2—The Australian Government should immediately fund providers to ensure there are adequate staff available to allow continued visits to people living in residential aged care by their families and friends. Australian Government response: The Australian Government accepted this recommendation. The Government advised that it delivered $450 million in 2020 to residential aged care providers to support preparedness and response to COVID-19, including visitation to aged care facilities by families and friends. On 14 October 2020, the Minister for Aged Care and Senior Australians, Minister Colbeck, wrote to all providers reinforcing expectations with regard to visitation, noting that the Australian Government 172 Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety Final Report Volume 1 agrees with our emphasis on ensuring aged care residents are able to see their loved ones. In addition, updated Australian Health Protection Principal Committee Visitation Guidelines for Residential Aged Care Facilities were issued on 20 November 2020. Allied health Levels of depression, anxiety, confusion, loneliness and suicide risk among aged care residents have increased since March 2020. Some of this can be attributed to missing family, changed routines, concern about catching the virus or fear of being isolated in their rooms. In some cases, people are no longer doing the incidental exercise they were previously doing. We urged additional measures for aged care residents to prevent deterioration in physical and mental health. Recommendation 3—The Australian Government should urgently create Medicare Benefits Schedule items to increase the provision of allied health services, including mental health services, to people in aged care during the pandemic. Australian Government response: The Australian Government accepted the recommendation and created two new Medicare Benefits Schedule items at a cost of $47.6 million for mental health and allied health services for residential aged care residents. The items commenced from 10 December 2020. National advisory body and plan Confused and inconsistent messaging from providers, the Australian Government, and State and Territory Governments emerged as themes in the submissions we received on COVID-19. All too often, providers, people receiving care and their families, and health workers did not have an answer to the critical question: who is in charge? At a time of crisis, such as this pandemic, clear leadership, direction and lines of communication are essential. In our report, we argued that there was a need for a defined, consolidated, national aged care COVID-19 plan. Advice for government about the response to the pandemic must be given by a dedicated national aged care advisory body. Such a body must have members with expertise in aged care, health care, infection control, the operational requirements of aged care settings, and the characteristics of the aged care workforce. Recommendation 4 – We recommended that the Australian Government should establish a national aged care plan for COVID-19 through the National Cabinet in consultation with the aged care sector. Australian Government response: The Australian Government accepted the recommendation. The Updated National COVID-19 Aged Care Plan was endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee and noted at National Cabinet on 13 November 2020. The Aged Care Advisory Group was made a permanent advisory body to the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee on 1 October 2020. The Aged Care Advisory Group’s membership includes people with critical expertise about the aged care sector, infection control and emergency preparedness, consumer advocacy, and public health response. 173 A Summary of the Final Report Infection control expertise and personal protective equipment There is nothing more important to help providers prepare for, and respond to, COVID-19 outbreaks than access to high-level infection prevention and control expertise. This is especially so given the challenges associated with infection control in aged care homes for COVID-19, including its high transmissibility. Infection control is important not only for the health, safety and wellbeing of residents, but also for those who work in aged care. Based on the findings of expert reports, it is apparent that high-level infection control expertise is needed by aged care homes: • to assist with the preparation and implementation of outbreak management plans • to provide training to staff on the use of personal protective equipment and infection prevention and control • to provide assistance on day one of an outbreak. Recommendation 5—All residential aged care homes should have one or more trained infection control officers as a condition of accreditation. The training requirements for these officers should be set by the aged care advisory body. Australian Government response: The Australian Government accepted the recommendation. The Government provided funding of $217.6 million to residential aged care providers in October 2020 to be used for COVID-19 preparedness and response, including to support the costs of engaging an Infection, Prevention Control lead. The Government also agreed that residential aged care providers will be required to demonstrate, as part of the accreditation process, evidence relating to Infection, Prevention Control leads. The Aged Care Advisory Group advised on training parameters. Recommendation 6 – The Australian Government should arrange with the States and Territories to deploy accredited infection prevention and control experts into residential aged care homes to provide training, assist with the preparation of outbreak management plans and assist with outbreaks. Australian Government response: the Australian Government accepted the recommendation. The Government increased its contribution under the National Partnership on COVID-19 Response from 50% to 100% for activity by the States and Territories to support aged care services, particularly infection and prevention control training, and co-ordinated preparedness and response. 174 Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety

More of the feds small grocer mentality.

Strangle supply to our neighbours and wait for the next variant to emerge.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-14/opposition-aid-groups-urge-government-extend-csl-astra-zeneca/100539494

The federal opposition and aid groups are urging the government to extend its contract with biotech giant CSL to manufacture more AstraZeneca vaccines in Melbourne, saying Australia should ramp up production next year to help vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Key points:

• Around 12.5 million AstraZeneca doses have been administered to Australians, while more than 3.5 million doses have been sent to countries in the Pacific and South-East Asia
  • The government  has promised to sent a total of 40 million doses to other countries
  • Reverend Tim Costello says the government should produce more vaccines and sell 50-100 million doses to South-East Asian countries at cost

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt confirmed this morning the government would not renew its contract with CSL beyond the 51 million doses the company had already promised to deliver.

The company was expected to wind up production of AstraZeneca in Australia early next year.

CSL's Melbourne plant is now producing around a million doses a week, with up to 800,000 being sent overseas to bolster vaccine rollouts in the Pacific and South-East Asia.

But Mr Hunt said the government would not extend its contract with CSL, suggesting the company had commitments to manufacture other medicines and vaccines.

"The contract is being delivered in full, the doses are being shared, but it was only ever going to be one of the methods [for vaccine supply] and it was never contemplated that CSL would become a contract manufacturer," he said.

This is getting more than stupid. Lock her up as would any other person impersonation a medical practitioner and endangering peoples lives. 

I wonder how much she was charging "per consultation" ?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-14/fake-doctor-alleged-false-covid-exemptions/100539676

A woman charged with pretending to be a doctor and issuing 600 fake "medical exemption" certificates for COVID-19 "doesn't believe she's done anything wrong" and is "entitled" to issue the certificates, Queensland police say.

Key points:

• Police said the woman does not hold a medical doctorate and is not registered as a health practitioner within Australia
  • She was charging up to $150 for fake "medical exemption" certificates
  • She faces fines up to $10,000 and potential jail time

The 45-year-old from Darling Heights in the Toowoomba region was arrested on Wednesday following a police raid at a Labrador home on the Gold Coast.

She was charged under Health Practitioner National Law with five counts of taking a title indicating a person is a health practitioner. 

Detective Acting Inspector Damien Powell said the woman does not hold a medical doctorate and is not registered as a health practitioner within Australia.

"She is of the belief she is entitled to issue those certificates," he said.

"She is basically anti-COVID and does not believe people should be forced into vaccinations."

The woman was charging up to $150 per certificate.

Acting Inspector Powell said police are working to track down people who bought a certificate.

"What we have been able to establish so far is they are from across Australia, or mainland states.

"We'll be working with our sister agencies across Australia to identify those people and ensure that they're aware their certificates are not valid."

Police said the situation is very concerning.

"If those documents are being presented to employers as being exemptions from vaccination, then that exposes that person to risk of catching COVID because they're not properly vaccinated, or suffering ill-effects of COVID, it also places colleagues and workmates at risk.

"There's a lot of talk that COVID is a hoax. It's not. One look at the world media and deaths or speak to a person who's had family die from it, it is not a hoax.

"False certificates are false. They're not going to protect you from anything, whereas a vaccine will.

The woman is due to appear at the Southport Magistrates Court on October 28.

She faces fines up to $10,000 and possible jail time.

"She's indicating from what I've read that her qualifications and her interpretation of the legislation allows her to [issue certificates], however that's contrary to the view of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) who are the registering body," Acting Inspector Powell said.

Police said the woman had a “research doctorate” but that it was not medical.

Investigations are continuing and anyone with information is urged to contact police.

Congratulations Meli. You have won this weeks 'Jack Sparrow Memorial award' for long winded bloviation.

Anything you would like to say before receiving your trophy?

Novelty Willy Penis Trophy Champion Statue Bridal Funny Hen Stag Party Decor

trophy.webp

• Like 1

Yep. Gotcha :D

I'm bored.

Today. Vacuumed downstairs, glued a clock case back together, vacuumed earthquake soot out of fireplace.

Patted the dog.

Arrrrgh.

Poor you. If only you had competent leadership, hey? Someone like Gladys.

I had a nice young woman cut my hair today, then got to read the newspaper while having coffee and a bun for morning tea. Visit to the library, Jaycar for more electronic crap I wanted to play with, bit of shopping and back home again. Finally got motivated to unpack stuff and set up my electronic test bench with the new bits. The new AIS receiver is running on the bench sending data over the Ethernet network, no ship data though, just GPS. Better VHF antenna needed for home. If the weather wasn't so sucky I'd go for a sail and play with the new toy out on the Channel. Maybe next week.

Nice to lead a normal life instead of being restricted to a 5km radius around home in Sydney. Not that I would be were I still there now.

Having experienced it to a lesser extent I truly do have considerable empathy for what you're going through. Maybe Dan will let it all rip for the Melbourne Cup.

FKT

5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Having experienced it to a lesser extent I truly do have considerable empathy for what you're going through. Maybe Dan will let it all rip for the Melbourne Cup.

FKT

I don’t have any empathy for Meli or Easy anymore but I have plenty for the 5million other residents, especially those who are also suffering financially because they cannot work or their businesses are going or have gone bust.

if Anna was in charge, she would try to open for the Cup but Dan is more likely to open up just after. 

Why is there so much mental distress and mental health issues in Australia because of the lockdowns?  Looking from outside, the populace wasn't surrounded by thousands of deaths a day, had pretty much normal life at least half the time (more in NSW) freely mingling and dining etc. It can't all be economic. 

Ones I hear from have no income loss, even bought investment houses. Rich asshats in Northern Beaches needing help because they can't meet for coffees or go more than 6 miles? Who the fuck in a city goes more than 6 miles by car to a gym or to exercise? What about "shop local"?  How much energy do you use going to exercise ffs?  

Is there just more vigilant surveillance and treatment or what?

Seriously curious.

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

Why is there so much mental distress and mental health issues in Australia because of the lockdowns?  Looking from outside, the populace wasn't surrounded by thousands of deaths a day, had pretty much normal life at least half the time (more in NSW) freely mingling and dining etc. It can't all be economic. 

Ones I hear from have no income loss, even bought investment houses. Rich asshats in Northern Beaches needing help because they can't meet for coffees or go more than 6 miles? Who the fuck in a city goes more than 6 miles by car to a gym or to exercise? What about "shop local"?  How much energy do you use going to exercise ffs?  

Is there just more vigilant surveillance and treatment or what?

Seriously curious.

There's not.

It's just idiots whinging.

You think America has a lock on idiots?

• Like 1

^Lol apparently not.

I guess a constrained lifestyle compared to paradise looks like hell.

That constrained lifestyle compared to a hellhole looks like paradise. 

• Like 2

What's the mood in Tasmania with this infected guy from NSW wandering around for a few hours?

I’m about 500kms NE of Brisbane atm, and Covid isn’t even a topic of conversation. No cases, no masks required.
There are QR codes for sign in on every shop window and the dots on the floor for distancing and everyone is using them, even though the town only numbers a few hundred people.
Driving yesterday, I stopped on a small rise and sat for an hour to watch a storm roll through from empty horizon to empty horizon. It felt oddly comfortable and familiar which had me scratching my head as to why, it’s not my normal environment. Then it clicked, it felt and looked exactly the same as a storm at sea. Just with an ocean of red dirt.

• Like 3