3 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

There are other airlines? Emirates an Qatar have been flying in and out all through this bringing in only a few passengers, they pay offset the cost of the trip with cargo outbound, lamb etc.

I got this from my travel agent.

image.thumb.png.002b0dc924f417dfda4253c92d5819c5.png

I replied to Bill. His post is Sydneycentric, I pointed out an inaccuracy. Is Emirates doing a Sydney London flight?

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• Ease the sheet.

• LB 15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, 00seven said:

I replied to Bill. His post is Sydneycentric, I pointed out an inaccuracy. Is Emirates doing a Sydney London flight?

Yep, 

image.thumb.png.71c8765dc7cf1eb7b133182c367c4cec.png

Looks like Qantas will be flying Sydney to London from November.

image.thumb.png.3e6ce5ddf379b05bef850c37faf0d79d.png

19 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Yep, 

image.thumb.png.71c8765dc7cf1eb7b133182c367c4cec.png

Nice. You know about the Qantas/Emirates partnership then, don't you?

Will Qantas flights to Sydney/London London/Sydney be staged through Darwin come November?

49 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Nice. You know about the Qantas/Emirates partnership then, don't you?

Will Qantas flights to Sydney/London London/Sydney be staged through Darwin come November?

Of course. If you bother to check a flights it will tell you which airline is flying the route booked under Qantas.

But AFAIK, it's only the Qantas flights from Perth being re routed from Darwin because of WA border uncertainty.

I've got my ticket Melb to Athens with Emirates. 

New vaccine certificates for international travel will be available from Tuesday morning, as the federal government prepares for the further easing of international border restrictions.

Key points:

• The certificates are proof to border authorities around the world that the holder has been vaccinated against COVID-19
  • The certificates can be requested and downloaded through the MyGov website
  • They have QR codes which can be scanned by foreign border officials

The International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates work in a similar fashion to existing vaccine certificates and will be available for download through the MyGov website.

But they have added QR codes that can be scanned by foreign border officials.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-17/covid-19-international-travel-certificates-available-tuesday/100546130

9 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

When are the good people of Qld, SA, NT and WA going to get a move on?

If NZ can get almost 70% double vaxxed including the 12-15 YO in a matter of a few months with very small recent lockdown. What's holding you back?

There's only so much pleading health authorities and Premiers can do?

Given the dipshit premier and CHO who bagged the shit out of AZ when it was the primary vax choice, it's not a surprise that the banana benders are dragging their feet. 

6 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Given the dipshit premier and CHO who bagged the shit out of AZ when it was the primary vax choice, it's not a surprise that the banana benders are dragging their feet. 

It will be a little ironical, if after fleeing Victoria, you get locked down and locked into  into Qld.:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

It will be a little ironical, if after fleeing Victoria, you get locked down and locked into  into Qld.:rolleyes:

I'm not expecting an easy transition and with those two in charge. I'm expecting a moving target in terms of when they will open up once Delta is here and has a hold.

6 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Locked down in your tiny houses in cold wet Melbourne vs having the freedom to roam anywhere in the beautiful covid free state of Queensland. When is your flight to Athens leaving? I see cases are rising fast there again.

And like everything else in Greece their healthcare system is a basket case.

1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

Tasmania....

I know the word but just can't place it.

Wait isn't that a hair style?

It is a mythical place which most Australians don’t know about. Carbon neutral and zero (local) Covid:

https://theconversation.com/tasmanias-reached-net-zero-emissions-and-100-renewables-but-climate-action-doesnt-stop-there-160927

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Locked down in your tiny houses in cold wet Melbourne vs having the freedom to roam anywhere in the beautiful covid free state of Queensland. When is your flight to Athens leaving? I see cases are rising fast there again.

And like everything else in Greece their healthcare system is a basket case.

Yes, you have a lot to be thankful for. Your premier has done an excellent job.

Unfortunately, as I said before, there's only so much pleading to get vaccinated Health authorities can do.

Astypalaia has a lovely new hospital.

2 beds and a doctor and the nearest "big" hospital is Kalymnos. Which is a shithole.

2 Ferries a week to Kalymnos and 2 to Piraeus.

Living Dangerously :D 

20 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

It is a mythical place which most Australians don’t know about. Carbon neutral and zero (local) Covid:

https://theconversation.com/tasmanias-reached-net-zero-emissions-and-100-renewables-but-climate-action-doesnt-stop-there-160927

we've been talking about moving to Tas for years.  Even had a job offer back in 2006.  Might have another look at it when leases come up for renewal on shop and office spaces.  My staff all trained at AMC and would probably come with us.

1 minute ago, ShortForBob said:

Yes, you have a lot to be thankful for. Your premier has done an excellent job.

Unfortunately, as I said before, there's only so much pleading to get vaccinated Health authorities can do.

The other states will tip toe over the vaccine threshhold eventually, just way too much bad publicity/misinformation early on to get people off the fence unless they have a good reason to be pro-active and opening borders (domestic or international) isn't that high a priority for a lot of people. 

Hopefully it won't take uncontrolled outbreaks to get them there.

7 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Astypalaia has a lovely new hospital.

2 beds and a doctor and the nearest "big" hospital is Kalymnos. Which is a shithole.

2 Ferries a week to Kalymnos and 2 to Piraeus.

Living Dangerously :D 

Get your teeth checked before you go. Sounds like a bad place for a root canal. 

43 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Get your teeth checked before you go. Sounds like a bad place for a root canal. 

excellent point. First time I was there I had a tooth go. 5 days using clove oil until I could get to Belgium for a temp filling the morning of my flight home was not at all amusing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

we've been talking about moving to Tas for years.  Even had a job offer back in 2006.  Might have another look at it when leases come up for renewal on shop and office spaces.  My staff all trained at AMC and would probably come with us.

Smithton is a really, really nice place. I recommend it to everyone wanting to move to Tasmania.

FKT

Interesting that there's only 3 LGAs with only 55-60% second dose.

Stonnington (where I live) Port Phillip (were I work) being two.

Three weeks ago these areas were ahead of the Vaccination pack.

Both well heeled areas. A hard core of self entitlement and Anti maskers around here. 

So much for the theories about low vaccination rates being linked to the socially disadvantaged and less educated communities.<_<

43 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Smithton is a really, really nice place. I recommend it to everyone wanting to move to Tasmania.

FKT

we're thinking somewhere on the Tamar.  My wife has a history in large scale (wholesale) horticulture and figures a few years pruning grape vines might be a good way to spend a few years before she retires.  

21 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:
1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

we're thinking somewhere on the Tamar.  My wife has a history in large scale (wholesale) horticulture and figures a few years pruning grape vines might be a good way to spend a few years before she retires

Nothing wrong with Smithton, but I would have thought the Tamar was a better place for a serious sailor?

Heaps of large scale horticulture all round Tassie and still expanding.  Many of the big mainland wineries are setting up vineyards down here.

On 10/15/2021 at 5:13 PM, ShortForBob said:

terrific, the over 70's can come out of retirement and staff hospitals and logistics.

You've only 7 postcodes with over 60% fully Vaccinated. And that's in Perth where one would expect numbers to be higher.

Same in QLD and Tas and SA and the territory as far as I can make out.

Seems that people need to see numbers in hospitals in their state to put a rocket up their arses.

Yeah, bit shitty numbers by a lot of areas. 

My LGA is 97% first dosed and 84% second dosed.

It's just lazy people. Too bad for them when it spreads and it's too late.

They should keep restrictions going for those living in LGA's not in the "goal" percentages.

6 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

Yeah, bit shitty numbers by a lot of areas. 

My LGA is 97% first dosed and 84% second dosed.

It's just lazy people. Too bad for them when it spreads and it's too late.

They should keep restrictions going for those living in LGA's not in the "goal" percentages.

We are 89% double and 95% first on the leafy north shore

8 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Not really original. The "casting couch" was around before Harvey was a twinkle in his parents eyes. It was funny that people were shocked to "discover" it was going on.

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about this...Have you done some acting mate?

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about this...Have you done some acting mate?

When I first joined SA I was mostly posting my photography over in GA. It was a wishful thinking hobby https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2313189/

but...

https://variety.com/2017/film/features/casting-couch-hollywood-sexual-harassment-harvey-weinstein-1202589895/

:P

1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

Nothing wrong with Smithton, but I would have thought the Tamar was a better place for a serious sailor?

Smithton is a long way away from Kettering. The land prices around here have gone totally stupid thanks to mainlanders moving in. Ditto Bruny.

FKT

46 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Smithton is a long way away from Kettering. The land prices around here have gone totally stupid thanks to mainlanders moving in. Ditto Bruny.

FKT

I've had a standing search alarm on realestate.com.au for property around kettering since the 2011.  But more recently we've decided we like wine and scotch more than we like sea-chicken. 

3 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

interesting that she's saying the dates are worst case and wont be pushed back if targets not met.  So basically:

-No urgency to get vaccinated because you feel at risk
-No urgency to get vaccinated to achieve a release from lockdown goal.

3 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

interesting that she's saying the dates are worst case and wont be pushed back if targets not met.  So basically:

-No urgency to get vaccinated because you feel at risk
-No urgency to get vaccinated to achieve a release from lockdown goal.

Well they need time for the BBQ barge brigade to get ready for Christmas.

3 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Still pimping for ABC? You know it's a free site, everybody that wants to read your links already has.

Question. Why is the nat gov reporting 70% vax rate for NT & local gov is reporting 80%?

8 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

It's funny how restrained the Victorian leftwits are since Dan started following Gladys's and now the Churchie breeder's agenda. 

Yep, Meli and ETS have gone very, very quiet WRT their gloating and sledging of a month or so back. But they won't learn anything from this, it'll be political affiliation over everything else, every time.

Looking like Tasmania *may* have dodged a bullet this time round, no thanks to that fuckwit from NSW. I really, really hope they find enough stuff to charge him with to give him an extended stay in Risdon prison.

FKT

40 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

You think?

No, obviously not.

You have shut up bagging NSW’s approach and Dan has been forced into following their lead. Vic is enough weeks behind NSW that he will adopt more and more of their strategy if it continues to be a success. If it was not for them, Dan would be dragging the chain in terms of opening up. 

the sad thing is that your first and I think only comment about NSWs international travel opening indicates you will be hoping it becomes a failure bring a new variant into the country so you can get back to your anti-everything stance done by non-Labor leaders.

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

You have shut up bagging NSW’s approach and Dan has been forced into following their lead. Vic is enough weeks behind NSW that he will adopt more and more of their strategy if it continues to be a success. If it was not for them, Dan would be dragging the chain in terms of opening up. 

The last lockdown was here in Tasmania, under a Liberal government, which saw zero cases emerging. “What an authoritarian dictatorial waste” you would have said if it was a Labour government. All caused by a hotel quarantine fuck up. “Such incompetence” you would have said.The Liberals plan to remain isolated till Tassie gets to 90% fully vaxxed. “Outrageous, it will cause thousands of suicides”, you would have said.

FWIW I fully support Gutwein’s calm, commonsense, best for Tasmania approach, regardless of politics.

And then there is the issue of probable preferential vaccine roll out. Not enough to make it blatantly obvious, but enough to give NSW a couple of weeks head start to claim the kudos. Some (best suited) states remain isolated and take the flack so that vaccines could/can be prioritised elsewhere.

Covid “wasn’t a race”, when we knew it always was and it has been made political.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Covid “wasn’t a race”, when we knew it always was and it has been made political.

This. There are 2 big reasons why I think the Fed Govt needs to be turfed out for incompetence.

First, abrogation of responsibility for quarantine. Sure, the States fucked it up, particularly NSW and Victoria, but the Feds let them.

Second, the 'it's not a race' bullshit about obtaining and distributing vaccines. It was a race right from the start. Pretending otherwise was just bullshit.

Mind you I'd turf out the Victorian and NSW Govts in a heartbeat too, and that idiot CMO in Qld who caused people to stop getting Astra shots by mis-stating the risks really needs to go away.

Gutwein here has done a pretty good job but I'm sure in part because they're all shitting bricks about the abysmal state of the Tasmanian hospital system. Not building a new hospital up at Glenorchy some years ago was a really bad decision. Porky Lennon preferred to spend money on race track and other sports infrastructure instead.

FKT

6 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Fkt and dark night are piss poor.

Complain about meli and I? Go for it!

Offer up some evidence to support their complaints?
Not fucking likely!

Two grown men tossing each other off.

Wah wah wah. Your shit has come back to haunt you and you don't like it.

Suck it up sunshine. You were loving it when NSW numbers were going up, you were gloating to the max about how NSW would have had it all under control if only they did what your fearless leader Dan did in Victoria. You couldn't wait to sink the boot in.

Didn't turn out to be quite that simple, hey? What's Victoria's current score?

FKT

• Like 1

Wah wah wah. Your shit has come back to haunt you and you don't like it.

Suck it up sunshine. You were loving it when NSW numbers were going up, you were gloating to the max about how NSW would have had it all under control if only they did what your fearless leader Dan did in Victoria. You couldn't wait to sink the boot in.

Didn't turn out to be quite that simple, hey? What's Victoria's current score?

FKT

Maybe you could post a link to this gloating?

I've already asked a few times and you haven't actually provided any proof.

While you're at it, maybe you could find out about Victorians escaping to Tasmania and causing lockdowns. Like people from NSW are able to do.

1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

The last lockdown was here in Tasmania, under a Liberal government, which saw zero cases emerging. “What an authoritarian dictatorial waste” you would have said if it was a Labour government. All caused by a hotel quarantine fuck up. “Such incompetence” you would have said.The Liberals plan to remain isolated till Tassie gets to 90% fully vaxxed. “Outrageous, it will cause thousands of suicides”, you would have said.

FWIW I fully support Gutwein’s calm, commonsense, best for Tasmania approach, regardless of politics.

And then there is the issue of probable preferential vaccine roll out. Not enough to make it blatantly obvious, but enough to give NSW a couple of weeks head start to claim the kudos. Some (best suited) states remain isolated and take the flack so that vaccines could/can be prioritised elsewhere.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't give a flying fuck about what's going on in Tasmania. The smaller the state and the smaller the economy, the less I care. 

Like prisons, hotel quarantine is never going to have a 100% success rate at keeping everyone in. Vic had hotels "secured" by people off the street given a security guard uniform and minimal training. With guards sleeping on the job or shagging hotel guests, it's little wonder the Virus escaped because of incompetence. An accidental escape of the virus is not the same as a deliberate escape by a person. 

The 90% plan is stupid and clearly you Liberal premier should get his arse kicked, like QLD & WA for still having a substandard hospital system 18 months into a pandemic where they have been lucky.

Victoria got preferential treatment during their outbreak early in the year, which is when I pulled my finger out to get AZ. NSW got it when they had their outbreak. Quite frankly they deserved it, because NSW was the only state willing to not hide from Covid.

QLD deserved fuck all support because they not only dragged their feet on vaccinations early on, the Premier & CHO killed AZ as a viable vaccine for QLD.  

23 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Not really original. The "casting couch" was around before Harvey was a twinkle in his parents eyes. It was funny that people were shocked to "discover" it was going on.

But this predatory cunt is somewhat more infamous right now.

This. There are 2 big reasons why I think the Fed Govt needs to be turfed out for incompetence.

First, abrogation of responsibility for quarantine. Sure, the States fucked it up, particularly NSW and Victoria, but the Feds let them.

Second, the 'it's not a race' bullshit about obtaining and distributing vaccines. It was a race right from the start. Pretending otherwise was just bullshit.

Mind you I'd turf out the Victorian and NSW Govts in a heartbeat too, and that idiot CMO in Qld who caused people to stop getting Astra shots by mis-stating the risks really needs to go away.

Gutwein here has done a pretty good job but I'm sure in part because they're all shitting bricks about the abysmal state of the Tasmanian hospital system. Not building a new hospital up at Glenorchy some years ago was a really bad decision. Porky Lennon preferred to spend money on race track and other sports infrastructure instead.

FKT

Scomo is a fucking idiot. He probably could have handled the Sub better and off course any aspects of Covid. I don't understand why he can't even get the Government supporting and encouraging Electric cars as that should not cause much of an issue in a country that does not have a car industry.

He was probably a better choice than Dutton, but I wish JB got the job.

To his credit, Scomo did a very unLiberal thing by going into debt big time to support the economy. 

Still I'd rather Scomo than Albo. 

Some stats

NSW and Victoria (combined population 14824923) 1424 deaths from covid.

The rest of the country (combined population 10195865)  39 deaths from covid.

Deaths from Covid in states and Territories with Labor Governments (VIC, QLD, WA, NT, ACT) 944

Deaths from Covid in states and Territories with Liberal Governments (NSW, SA, TAS) 522

What this demonstrates is that Labor governments are far more effective at killing their citizens than Liberal governments.

So the lesson is, if you don't want your government to kill you, Vote liberal.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Some stats

NSW and Victoria (combined population 14824923) 1424 deaths from covid.

The rest of the country (combined population 10195865)  39 deaths from covid.

Deaths from Covid in states and Territories with Labor Governments (VIC, QLD, WA, NT, ACT) 944

Deaths from Covid in states and Territories with Liberal Governments (NSW, SA, TAS) 522

What this demonstrates is that Labor governments are far more effective at killing their citizens than Liberal governments.

So the lesson is, if you don't want your government to kill you, Vote liberal.

and what state do you live in????

19 minutes ago, Rum Monkey said:

and what state do you live in????

The State of Amnesia.

Remove the deaths due to Federal government incompetence (inadequate infection control protocols, Aged Care, vaccine procurement incompetence  and abrogation of quarantine responsibilities)  and the States all look amazing.

• Like 1
Just now, ShortForBob said:

The State of Amnesia.

Remove the deaths due to Federal government incompetence (inadequate infection control protocols, Aged Care, vaccine procurement incompetence  and abrogation of quarantine responsibilities)  and the States all look amazing.

Did you read that on the ABC or are you making up your own leftwit bullshit now? Have a look at how our Federal government has performed against every country on earth. NSW have the virus under control yet the labor governments of VIC and the socialist state of the land of the long white chip on the shoulder are in a world of hurt.

It must get tiring cheering for the losing team all the time.

25 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Did you read that on the ABC or are you making up your own leftwit bullshit now? Have a look at how our Federal government has performed against every country on earth. NSW have the virus under control yet the labor governments of VIC and the socialist state of the land of the long white chip on the shoulder are in a world of hurt.

It must get tiring cheering for the losing team all the time.

The Leftwits conveniently forget that it was the Feds who closed the border very early in the pandemic to limit the inflow of covid. Without that decision, who knows the deaths we would of had. 

They love to highlight that quarantine is fed and not state responsibility. They forget that the feds do not have the resources (feet on ground) to run quarantine during a once in a hundred years pandemic, which is why they delegated responsibility. Otherwise the Feds would have to hire private security guards, but look how well that   worked out for Dan.

The Feds set Australian up for the pandemic protecting the bulk of Australians from Covid and kept the economy in excellent shape. Scomo and his team should be applauded for that, even though other mistakes were done since then.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

The Leftwits conveniently forget that it was the Feds who closed the border very early in the pandemic to limit the inflow of covid. Without that decision, who knows the deaths we would of had. 

They love to highlight that quarantine is fed and not state responsibility. They forget that the feds do not have the resources (feet on ground) to run quarantine during a once in a hundred years pandemic, which is why they delegated responsibility. Otherwise the Feds would have to hire private security guards, but look how well that   worked out for Dan.

The Feds set Australian up for the pandemic protecting the bulk of Australians from Covid and kept the economy in excellent shape. Scomo and his team should be applauded for that, even though other mistakes were done since then.

If the Leftwits cannot at least applaud Scomo for the border closure and the very unLiberal debt, then they are a disgrace.

Perhaps with the benefit of hindsight they will say Scomo was too slow at closing the borders, but then they would not have the Ruby Princess to complain about. 

There just pissed off because they know that Federally they are looking at a another decade in the political wilderness.

And it is only 2 1/2 years until we can throw out Anna and her clown car government. No doubt the fat toad will see the writing on the wall and run away before hand. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

There just pissed off because they know that Federally they are looking at a another decade in the political wilderness.

Yep, it's not like they have a credible alternative to offer. Albo, LOL

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

And it is only 2 1/2 years until we can throw out Anna and her clown car government. No doubt the fat toad will see the writing on the wall and run away before hand. 

That might be my missus first election. We'll be out to boot her. We are in a seat with a 11.4% Labour majority, but it is popular with fellow Covid refugees and the locals are selling up to make crazy profits. So hopefully we can help a big swing.

The incumbent is the Minister for Employment and Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills of Queensland. Her education is Bachelor of Speech Therapy and is a career public servant and Labor Party organiser, so well qualified for her role, LOL

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

If the Leftwits cannot at least applaud Scomo for the border closure and the very unLiberal debt, then they are a disgrace.

Perhaps with the benefit of hindsight they will say Scomo was too slow at closing the borders, but then they would not have the Ruby Princess to complain about. 

This is why you're an idiot.

Applauding Scomo for the very unliberal debt.

Ycmtsu.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Looking forward to wall to wall liberal governments.

The country can continue its slide into stupidity.

Of course, for anyone north of the Murray, life won't change that much.

Go Barnaby!

3 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

The country can continue its slide into stupidity.

You're losing the plot, ETS.

Have a Bex and a lie down. It'll be Friday soon and you can go have a beer down on the beach. Well, what passes for a beach in Melbourne anyway.

FKT

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You're losing the plot, ETS.

Have a Bex and a lie down. It'll be Friday soon and you can go have a beer down on the beach. Well, what passes for a beach in Melbourne anyway.

FKT

Losing the plot? Plot?

That reminds me. Shouldn't you be over in sailing anarchy getting schooled on open source navigation software?

By the people who actually do it? By the people who add to the sailing community?

You know, the lifters, not leaners?

6 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

The country can continue its slide into stupidity and corruption.

Go Barnaby!

FTFY

seen this? though its a drift from Corona

LB and DK must be delighted that the LibNats have made history.

Who cares about silly little things like brown paper bags full of cash from unknown donors to pay for lawyers to silence journalists that expose historical rape allegations?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-20/government-blocks-bid-investigate-christian-porter-fee-donation/100554798

10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Labor politician just can't help showing their true selves

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/labor-s-kristina-keneally-met-with-head-of-united-front-group-20211020-p591k2.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Labor’s home affairs spokeswoman Kristina Keneally met with the head of one of China’s peak propaganda groups in Australia who has donated thousands of dollars to the Labor Party.

Senator Keneally, who is running in the western Sydney electorate of Fowler at the next election, said she did not know the individual’s links to a United Front-backed group before meeting him but did not regret the encounter.

Keneally has received briefings from intelligence agencies on the risk of meeting United Front groups as part of her role on the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security.

One of the individuals Senator Keneally met was Hung Ly, who is also president of the Australian Council for the Promotion of the Peaceful Reunification of China (ACPPRC), which has previously been described as the peak United Front group in Australia.

The United Front Work Department is the Chinese Communist Party’s organisational effort to use the diaspora of citizens abroad to turn opinion and policy in Beijing’s favour. 

The real leader of Australia if Albo gets in

image.png.7e663472d7fc6c9be86b88f4503c721b.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

FTFY

seen this? though its a drift from Corona

LB and DK must be delighted that the LibNats have made history.

Who cares about silly little things like brown paper bags full of cash from unknown donors to pay for lawyers to silence journalists that expose historical rape allegations?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-20/government-blocks-bid-investigate-christian-porter-fee-donation/100554798

How's that ALP branch stacking investigation in Victoria coming along? You've been very quiet about that.

WRT Porter, yep, dodgy as hell getting money like that. No support from me. It's actually a pretty good way to wash money from donors who don't want to be identified.

Mind you I do NOT think the ABC should have funded the journalists' lawyers either UNLESS the remarks/tweets were made from an official ABC account and had gone through editorial approval. Otherwise, so sad, too bad, you said it, you own it and you get to pay to defend it.

FKT

How's that ALP branch stacking investigation in Victoria coming along? You've been very quiet about that.

WRT Porter, yep, dodgy as hell getting money like that. No support from me. It's actually a pretty good way to wash money from donors who don't want to be identified.

Mind you I do NOT think the ABC should have funded the journalists' lawyers either UNLESS the remarks/tweets were made from an official ABC account and had gone through editorial approval. Otherwise, so sad, too bad, you said it, you own it and you get to pay to defend it.

FKT

Porter must, as ex AG, have a lot of secrets for the gov to be protecting him like this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that blind trust has some donor pretty close to the Gov.

Branch stacking? they all do it, unfortunately it's always been a blot on the ALP.

13 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Otherwise the Feds would have to hire private security guards, but look how well that   worked out for Dan.

Well, technically Dan was just hiring people his union mates told him to use. So is it still Dans fault?

56 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Can you guys take your party politics crap to Political Anarchy.  

Both sides have sold/ leased assets to China.  Just ask Andrews why he signed the chinese Belt and Road deal?

You are right.

There's an Australian politics thread over in PA.

But like all threads in SA, we drift in the lulls.  

12 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Porter must, as ex AG, have a lot of secrets for the gov to be protecting him like this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that blind trust has some donor pretty close to the Gov.

Branch stacking? they all do it, unfortunately it's always been a blot on the ALP.

Quick look over there!

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Your a Queenslander.

Didn't you guys invent political corruption?

When you say 'you guys' do you exclude Jacki Trad because she is a women? That's pretty disappointing from someone so woke...

How the fuck did he get into fortress QLD

An unvaccinated Uber driver, aged in his 30s, who was infectious with COVID-19 on the Gold Coast in Queensland for up to 10 days is so sick that health authorities are having difficulties speaking with him and finding out where he has been.

Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said it was believed the man, who lives by himself in a resort apartment complex in Broadbeach, was in Melbourne on October 10 before travelling to Queensland.

Authorities will look at how the man was able to enter the state

Who knows, maybe he once played rugby league. Anna and her band of fuckwits are now in complete panic mode. The other states have forced the stupid cunt into having to make a plan, but that has all gone to shit thanks to her and her CHO's anti vax messaging. No way will we reach 80% by December 17 and now will will probably be locked in our homes for Xmas. I feel sorry for Anna, fat, stupid, ugly and hated, is no way to go through life...

• Like 1

Gold Coast alert.

There's been an positive Uber driver around Broadbeach for the last ten days.

He's so ill in hospital that he can't give contact tracers much information about where he's been and who he's been in contact with.

NSW outbreak started with a Limo driver.

Get tested if you've used Uber around the Gold Coast. Get tested anyway.

2 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Gold Coast alert.

There's been an positive Uber driver around Broadbeach for the last ten days.

He's so ill in hospital that he can't give contact tracers much information about where he's been and who he's been in contact with.

NSW outbreak started with a Limo driver.

Get tested if you've used Uber around the Gold Coast. Get tested anyway.

Bill E pipped me.

Get tested.