4 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

So, NSW is dropping all quarantine requirements for vaccinated international arrivals  from 1 Nov.

What could possibly go wrong?

You need a negative PCR test and double jab.

I think the strategy is now that the vaccination rate is increasing is we live with it, as 90% of people if they catch it will have flu like symptoms and wont be a burden on the hospital system.  Who is going to lose out from this QLD, WA, SA, TAS who have strict border closures

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• The Dark Knight

• LB 15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

You need a negative PCR test and double jab.

I think the strategy is now that the vaccination rate is increasing is we live with it, as 90% of people if they catch it will have flu like symptoms and wont be a burden on the hospital system.  Who is going to lose out from this QLD, WA, SA, TAS who have strict border closures

And new variants hitching a ride? It's not exactly unknown for double vaxxed and tested people to turn positive a few days after testing.

14 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

So, NSW is dropping all quarantine requirements for vaccinated international arrivals  from 1 Nov.

Just toeing Scomo's Party line.  Victoria and ACT will follow suit because they might as well but I cant see the others rushing to join the party.

Great news about NSW dropping quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated international travellers. Given that Sydney will be close to 90% fully vaccinated by then it is a logical and sensible move.

More heavy lifting by NSW.

17 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Sounds like someone hoping for it to fail. 

Fucktard Leftard.

1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

Great news about NSW dropping quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated international travellers. Given that Sydney will be close to 90% fully vaccinated by then it is a logical and sensible move.

More heavy lifting by NSW.

Sounds like someone hoping for it to fail. 

Fucktard Leftard.

And the question about new variants hitching a ride in?

As usual it bypasses your "thought process"

Why does NSW bother attending national cabinet when it has no intention of honoring agreements made there?

19 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Why does NSW bother attending national cabinet when it has no intention of honoring agreements made there?

We all wonder the same thing about Anna.

33 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

And new variants hitching a ride? It's not exactly unknown for double vaxxed and tested people to turn positive a few days after testing.

Well you hide inside and the rest off us can get on with our lives.

19 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

We deal with the when they get here.

As for national cabinet, the decisions taken there were done to create a minimum standard for opening us up at 70% & 80%. Sydney will soon be at 90% and has to set the agenda because none was set.

The sooner this Moron fucks off to be Governer the better.

Australia Covid news live: Qld CHO claims everyone ‘will be infected’ with Covid

Queensland’s CHO has issued a grim warning, claiming everyone will “end up infected with Covid” when the state reopens its borders.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/australia-covid-news-live-cases-lockdown-restrictions-and-vaccinations-as-80pc-roadmap-revealed-with-travel-changes/news-story/7018d974d9793b9f23b2df900c103566

The politics of fear. At least her replacement is a real doctor. We have high hopes for the future.

33 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Just toeing Scomo's Party line.  Victoria and ACT will follow suit because they might as well but I cant see the others rushing to join the party.

Anna will after Screw Turner drags her fat arse into the High court.

Just now, LB 15 said:

We all wonder the same thing about Anna.

and McClown, not that I care about WA.

It must be fucking annoying for businesses that rely on tourism to not have a clue about when and if they can start taking bookings.

I still need to fly back to Sicktoria to pick up my car and our remaining possessions.  

Just now, The Dark Knight said:

It must be fucking annoying for businesses that rely on tourism to not have a clue about when and if they can start taking bookings.

I still need to fly back to Sicktoria to pick up my car and our remaining possessions.  

The Tourism industry chief has given her until the end of the month to name a date. If she doesn't then hundreds of tourism businesses will fail permanently and 10's of thousands of people will be unemployed and our 2nd largest industry will be on its knees. But she he happy because at long last she has found someone desperate enough to fuck her. That cunt has no shame.

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Australia Covid news live: Qld CHO claims everyone ‘will be infected’ with Covid

Queensland’s CHO has issued a grim warning, claiming everyone will “end up infected with Covid” when the state reopens its borders.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/australia-covid-news-live-cases-lockdown-restrictions-and-vaccinations-as-80pc-roadmap-revealed-with-travel-changes/news-story/7018d974d9793b9f23b2df900c103566

The politics of fear. At least her replacement is a real doctor. We have high hopes for the future.

I just saw that she hasn't done any real doctoring since 1992. She must have been a useless doctor if she had to be promoted to admin after only 6 years.

Hmmmmm

image.png.b682ea1e789599bd593d389e049678c0.png

Plus 2 extra Dine and Discover vouchers to take your new friends out to dinner! Indoors. Mosman is all excited over the extra vouchers, or so one hears lol.

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

Probably lots.

Got an alternative suggestion that you'd be prepared to take ownership of if it went badly?

I thought not. Backseat driver.

FKT

52 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

We are all going to get it.

I'm younger than you.

I'll send flowers.

55 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Got an alternative suggestion that you'd be prepared to take ownership of if it went badly?

too right, just ike six out of the eight States and Territory's say.........delay travel until all of the country is 90% vaxxed including the regions of every state. I have grave misgivings that Ferrettot has booked us a cabin on the wreck of the Ruby Princess.  

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Does any disease ever infect 100% of the population? Even if she's right, the timeframe is likely 20 years or so. Even in the US, after nearly 2 years, only 15% have been infected. As more people are vaccinated or "immunised" through infection, it will spread more slowly.

An epidemiologist she isn't.

The role of State GG is irrelevant to 95% of the population, it might give her pension a healthy boost. Who can name the current GG of any state off the top of their head? For bonus points, who can remember the last 3 of any state? Here are Qlds (I cheated):

1. Quentin Bryce
  2. Penelope Wensley
  3. Paul de Jersey (current)

I have never heard of Penelope Wensley and only know of Quentin Bryce because of a distant relationship, and de Jersey was Chief Justice for 16 years so had a former high profile position.

41 minutes ago, Frakka said:

too right, just ike six out of the eight States and Territory's say.........delay travel until all of the country is 90%

Ain't ever going to happen unless Scomo grows some balls and makes it mandatory. At least 15% of the population are fuckwits. No Jab- no leave home. If caught on the streets $10 000 fine first time, 3 months jail 2nd offense.

And no social security for anti vaxers. I think we should also be allowed to Knee them in the groin on sight. but I don't think I will get that up.

Just now, LB 15 said:

Ain't ever going to happen unless Scomo grows some balls and makes it mandatory. At least 15% of the population are fuckwits. No Jab- no leave home. If caught on the streets $10 000 fine first time, 3 months jail 2nd offense.

And no social security for anti vaxers. I think we should also be allowed to Knee them in the groin on sight. but I don't think I will get that up.

So those unable to take the vaccine, immunocompromised, under 12 etc, are fuckwits?

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

FYI Tourism has had it's best 18 months in history here in WA.

But seriously, can we not ignore the fact you left your car in Victoria, you really aren't in a position to judge here.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

She is right, I mean I hate the cunt, but she's right. Everyone will get covid. The same way everyone has caught the flue, the same way everyone gets a handful of infections every year. Covid will just become endemic, and will become the 5th major flu, which will do the rounds every winter.

At least this new NSW "leader" is setting some dates. But... The dates are bloody early, and that'll probably kill a few hundred more people than need be.

But at the same time, we're past the point of sympathy for those un-vaccinated by now. Everyone has had their shot, let the hesitant pay the price. Set a date, and let's fkn go.

Like my car always says to me when I send a text through voice to text "are you sure you want to send it?"

SEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So those unable to take the vaccine, immunocompromised, under 12 etc, are fuckwits?

No, just those who claim that they can't take the vaccine without genuine medical reasons.  It is amazing how many people have health issues that make it impossible for them to either wear a mask or get vaccinated....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Probably lots.

I thought not. Backseat driver.

FKT

Yes I do have an alternative. Not so long ago a certain Liberal MP suggested ankle tagging refugees in the community.

A bit harsh.

But at least requesting travelers from overseas adhere to the same conditions as we have for lockdown for 2 weeks and have a tracking app on their phones.

With the new rules regarding vaccine passes, It shouldn't be too hard to restrict their contacts to the 5 reasons to leave home, and activities for a couple of weeks. 

Oh, and manditory testing every 3 days.

We've had quarantine regulations in this country since forever, for dogs, for food, for timber and invasive species, TB and other infectious disease. And generally Australians see the sense in it.

How is this any different really? 

11 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Yes I do have an alternative. Not so long ago a certain Liberal MP suggested ankle tagging refugees in the community.

A bit harsh.

But at least requesting travelers from overseas adhere to the same conditions as we have for lockdown for 2 weeks and have a tracking app on their phones.

With the new rules regarding vaccine passes, It shouldn't be too hard to restrict their contacts to the 5 reasons to leave home, and activities for a couple of weeks. 

Would not worry too much about Overseas travellers. Who in their right mind would want to come here with different rules in every State and  no guarantees States will remain open . I understand Travel agents are advising against Aust.  as a destination.  Now going the other way everyone wants to leave here for holidays . Qld. Is fucked.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BBender said:

Would not worry too much about Overseas travellers. Who in their right mind would want to come here with different rules in every State and  no guarantees States will remain open . I understand Travel agents are advising against Aust.  as a destination.  Now going the other way everyone wants to leave here for holidays . Qld. Is fucked.

If States followed the National plan, there would not be different rules in every state. 

Other countries like Greece managed their tourists with reasonable success. 

Problem is that our PM and State premiers don't have the stomach for some of their measures like restrictions on tourists wandering around.

For many tourists, that would be unthinkable, but then again, many especially those with money, come in in packages and wouldn't notice the difference. 

Tourism minister and interested parties just have to change their mindset a bit.

Ha ha ha. Can't win.

Southern Tasmania enters a 3 day lockdown as at 1800 today.

Good thing I've a good supply of food etc on hand and recent practice in lockdown life.

Because we know how easily 3 days turns into 3 months.

Still and all, my sailcloth arrived today so if the lockdown is protracted, I guess I'll get the sail done sooner than I thought. And the project list is still a mile long now I'm back at my workshop.

FKT

Our Minister for Olympics ,A Palacheck, has 11 years to get tourism up and running so she will not be in a rush to lose her new found power and open up.  Might even give her new root a position on the Olympic board .

6 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ha ha ha. Can't win.

Good thing I've a good supply of food etc on hand and recent practice in lockdown life.

Still and all, my sailcloth arrived today so if the lockdown is protracted, I guess I'll get the sail done sooner than I thought. And the project list is still a mile long now I'm back at my workshop.

FKT

Well at least you got something to do.

Apparently some people really suffer during lockdowns and suicides go through the roof!

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Well at least you got something to do.

Apparently some people really suffer during lockdowns and suicides go through the roof!

Yeah. Some people lack a robust core I guess.

I thought it kind of funny when I was in hotel quarantine getting welfare check calls every day. 2 weeks in a room with decent internet and OK food, big deal. I had to ask people to stop sending me care parcels, I've still got enough chocolate and other goodies to keep me going for months to come.

As one of my staff once said when applying for a job in another seagoing organisation on how he'd cope with 3 week long voyages....

"3 weeks? I'd hardly bother unpacking my bag for a voyage that short!". We used to do 3 months...

One fuckwit doing a runner from quarantine and this is what happens next. The panic buying this afternoon is going to be ugly to watch.

Oh well wallaby TV is alive and well out the window.

FKT

On 10/13/2021 at 9:42 AM, darth reapius said:

For anyone here who thinks I don't bag out the current government here.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-12/mandatory-life-jackets-for-wa-to-reduce-deaths-at-sea/100532672

This is absolute crap, the people responsible are absolute morons, and the people who voted yes on it have no idea.

May have saved someone today if they were wearing the newly mandated gear. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-15/police-search-for-person-missing-in-ocean-off-jurien-bay/100543088

30 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ha ha ha. Can't win.

FKT

Well it seems you would not be all that surprised to learn, that the hardest part about a snap 3 or 7 day lockdown, is the first 6 weeks. Hope you have lotsa dunny paper or a bum gun

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

No, just those who claim that they can't take the vaccine without genuine medical reasons.  It is amazing how many people have health issues that make it impossible for them to either wear a mask or get vaccinated....

They probably also had a medical exemption to have to wear condoms

4 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Well it seems you would not be all that surprised to learn, that the hardest part about a snap 3 or 7 day lockdown, is the first 6 weeks. Hope you have lotsa dunny paper or a bum gun

Try a 5 day lockdown turning into 10 days with ZERO cases!

Versus a region that has 60+ cases a day who can go sailing or fishing but the ZERO case region can't!!

21 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Versus a region that has 60+ cases a day who can go sailing or fishing but the ZERO case region can't!!

Imagine!

1 hour ago, Swanno said:

May have saved someone today if they were wearing the newly mandated gear. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-15/police-search-for-person-missing-in-ocean-off-jurien-bay/100543088

No evidence of that whatsoever. Doesn't say if they were wearing life jackets.

If they weren't wearing life jackets they usually say "they were not wearing life jackets".

No other changes to safety equipment would have been accessible anyway if the boat was "suddenly capsized".

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah. Some people lack a robust core I guess.

I thought it kind of funny when I was in hotel quarantine getting welfare check calls every day. 2 weeks in a room with decent internet and OK food, big deal. I had to ask people to stop sending me care parcels, I've still got enough chocolate and other goodies to keep me going for months to come.

As one of my staff once said when applying for a job in another seagoing organisation on how he'd cope with 3 week long voyages....

"3 weeks? I'd hardly bother unpacking my bag for a voyage that short!". We used to do 3 months...

One fuckwit doing a runner from quarantine and this is what happens next. The panic buying this afternoon is going to be ugly to watch.

Oh well wallaby TV is alive and well out the window.

FKT

Lockdown suits my character, I fucking hate people!

And yep, covid has given fuckwits an opportunity to be a headline.

And because they're fuckwits, they see that as winning!

Remember, nothing should come between a man and his shed!

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

No one here expects you'd be able to work out why.

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ha ha ha. Can't win.

FKT

Well I think Tassie might be in for a bit of a scare.

As far as I can recall, this is the first big lockdown in the country caused by a feral, mixing with ferals.

Uncooperative, his mate's also been caught out of Q, 39 primary contacts they they know of.

Good luck. You may need that ring of steel.

17 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

As far as I can recall, this is the first big lockdown in the country caused by a feral, mixing with ferals.

Uncooperative, his mate's also been caught out of Q, 39 primary contacts they they know of.

Quickest way to open the borders before Xmas.  Let enough Covid in that there is no point closing them.  Ref NSW and Vic

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Quickest way to open the borders before Xmas.  Let enough Covid in that there is no point closing them.  Ref NSW and Vic

Terrific.

You realise that both in NSW and Vic, though most postcodes have between 80-90% vaccinated first dose, there's wild swings in second dose vaccinated.

Varies from as low as 35% to as high as 90%.

Some of the lowest double dose vaccine rates in Melb are the city, Southbank and Carleton. where a lot of young people who havent had a chance for the second dose live and work.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-15/search-postcode-suburb-covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-victoria/100541722

Opening up on State averages is not very safe IMHO,

Neither is opening int boarders in NSW when they haven't even had time to see how their "open for business" locally strategy is playing out.

We've all paid so much to get this far, why risk a fall at the last fence?

Goddess help the health workers

7 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Terrific.

You realise that both in NSW and Vic, though most postcodes have between 80-90% vaccinated first dose, there's wild swings in second dose vaccinated.

Varies from as low as 35% to as high as 90%.

You mistake me for someone with allegiance to a party philosophy.  I just call life how I see it.

For better or worse, the only way Tas, WA, QLD etc are following nationally policy and opening based upon their vaccinations is once the state is well and truely exposed anyway.

52 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I suspect the horse has bolted but - we'll see. I hope not. The longer it takes, the more people fully vaccinated and the (in theory) smaller the impact on the hospital system.

My GF is an essential worker and back at work on Monday. We'll see how it goes, going to be a PITA if, after 3 months apart, we're separated again now I finally got back. We'll cope, though, we have managed this over the past 20+ years, it's just a mindset.

Might be time Tasmania partially restored some of the old prison at Port Arthur or better still Sarah Island. Perfect locations for the recalcitrant.

It was going to happen sooner or later. Later would as always be better but you get what you get.

FKT

29 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

You mistake me for someone with allegiance to a party philosophy.  I just call life how I see it.

For better or worse, the only way Tas, WA, QLD etc are following nationally policy and opening based upon their vaccinations is once the state is well and truely exposed anyway.

well a little infection does seem to kick along vaccine rate.

29 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

May be an image of text that says "98.2% OF WEST AUSSIES AGED 70+ HAVE HAD THEIR FIRST DOSE Join them today at www.rollupforwa.com.au Roll up for WA COVID-19Vacination COVID-19 Vaccination"

terrific, the over 70's can come out of retirement and staff hospitals and logistics.

You've only 7 postcodes with over 60% fully Vaccinated. And that's in Perth where one would expect numbers to be higher.

Same in QLD and Tas and SA and the territory as far as I can make out.

Seems that people need to see numbers in hospitals in their state to put a rocket up their arses.

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Hey LB doesn’t your Governor start the Brisbane - Gladstone Yacht Race.And they reckon the Sydney- Hobart Race potentially has issues.Imagine an early Easter with great weather on Good Friday and there she is Cher style straddling the Starting Cannon.Sorry I can’t unsee that now.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, darth reapius said:

No evidence of that whatsoever. Doesn't say if they were wearing life jackets.

If they weren't wearing life jackets they usually say "they were not wearing life jackets".

No other changes to safety equipment would have been accessible anyway if the boat was "suddenly capsized".

Either way, a body will float with a life jacket on. 

12 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You have changed your tune Knackers. I thought it was just the Flu?

Nope,that was Jack Sparrow’s straw man, where he would say I said that, then repost his own screenshots of his own post as “proof”.  Surprising you of all people fell for it…

I’ve been quite consistent since March/April 2020, that an elimination strategy was pointless and we would have to live with it.  

But when Aussie has more represessive Covid measures than the PRC, nearly 2 yrs on, might be time to rethink the plan.

Anyone remember the old Victoria Bitter ads?

Same tune Victoria is Bitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ueRaUaM_k

The country is in safe hands:

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/the-most-abject-failure-of-leadership-in-living-memory-20211014-p58zw4

"The Prime Minister meets with Scott Morrison to discuss Australia's opening up plan." The Shovel 16th Oct. 

"Wow those four hours where NSW tried to unilaterally open Australia's international borders sure were exhilarating." Josh Butler 16th Oct.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:46 AM, Sidecar said:
On 10/15/2021 at 3:36 AM, TheDragon said:

What's the mood in Tasmania with this infected guy from NSW wandering around for a few hours?

The man is a blatant, determined, repeat offender. After all this time and public awareness, he knows that his actions could put an entire Covid free State at unnecessary risk, sickness and cost.

Throw the book at him and anyone else like him. And if/when it breaks out, he should also be charged with being an accessory to grievous bodily harm (Long Covid) and manslaughter.

Heard Premier Gutwein announce this morning that the uncooperative, obstructive, lying, multiple and repeatedly offending Covid positive NSW idiot could well be facing a lot more than just $3,000 (plus) fines, dependent upon the amount of damage caused by his actions and subsequent behaviour….. And he had accomplices.

7 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Heard Premier Gutwein announce this morning that the uncooperative, obstructive, lying, multiple and repeatedly offending Covid positive NSW idiot could well be facing a lot more than just $3,000 (plus) fines, dependent upon the amount of damage caused by his actions and subsequent behaviour….. And he had accomplices.

Seems like the typical profile of a drug dealer, same happened in NSW and VIC.  Not cooperating as they don't want to dob in their customers,  Cunts

• Like 1
14 hours ago, 00seven said:

Meli's fucked up and not posted this ABC link...Our ABC shill is slipping

NT government sets November 12 deadline for COVID-19 vaccine mandate

Posted Wed 13 Oct 2021 at 11:56am, updated Wed 13 Oct 2021 at 2:00pm

Why would I? So you have a Vaccine mandate weeks after everywhere else.

This is not particularly interesting.

22 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Fucking Dan.

Is there no end to the damage he's done to this country?!?!!

12 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

Seems like the typical profile of a drug dealer, same happened in NSW and VIC.  Not cooperating as they don't want to dob in their customers,  Cunts

They wouldn't bother about dobbing their customers. Their suppliers OTOH.

But this idiot tried to get from Melbourne to Tassie 3 times.

Doubt he was carrying anything in and wouldn't be trying to get anything out of Tassie.

Probably just some moron that thinks he's special.

25 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Was he from NSW? I thought he was out of Melbourne.

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:
1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

Was he from NSW? I thought he was out of Melbourne.

NSW. He got turned back twice from Sydney, then caught the last flight of the day to Hobart via Melbourne so they couldn’t send him back. Skipped Hotel quarantine within an hour or so of being booked in.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-16/analysis-southern-tasmania-covid-lockdown/100544194

Speculation, but drug running looks a good fit. He seems to have been “chauffeured” all over the place, and apparently still isn’t saying where.…..

3 hours ago, Sidecar said:

NSW. He got turned back twice from Sydney, then caught the last flight of the day to Hobart via Melbourne so they couldn’t send him back. Skipped Hotel quarantine within an hour or so of being booked in.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-16/analysis-southern-tasmania-covid-lockdown/100544194

Speculation, but drug running looks a good fit. He seems to have been “chauffeured” all over the place, and apparently still isn’t saying where.…..

What I don't get is - why didn't the airline check that he had a valid G2G pass? They checked me at Port Melbourne, no way I was being allowed onto the ferry without one.

Local shop is open, we get most of our vegetables, bread, milk etc there so it's not a big deal if it ends in a week or 2. Pretty funny watching the panic buying in Snug yesterday though. I'd just gone to the PO to pick up some stuff, wondered why the place was so full of cars.

Kettering marina is in my 5km radius. Shrug.

FKT

34 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

What I don't get is - why didn't the airline check that he had a valid G2G pass? They checked me at Port Melbourne, no way I was being allowed onto the ferry without one.

Local shop is open, we get most of our vegetables, bread, milk etc there so it's not a big deal if it ends in a week or 2. Pretty funny watching the panic buying in Snug yesterday though. I'd just gone to the PO to pick up some stuff, wondered why the place was so full of cars.

FKT

Dan was asked that same question when people were getting on planes from Sydney to Vic. As I recall the response was that Qantas said it wasn't their job. (verified)

Ferry ports are administered by the port Authority I suppose.

Rubbery figures?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/coronavirus-cases-data-reveals-how-covid-19-spreads-in-australia/12060704

• Recoveries and current cases: Criteria for assessing whether a case is recovered or current/active differ by jurisdiction. Prior to June 12, 2020, Current cases = Total Confirmed minus Deaths minus Recovered, as reported by federal health authorities. From June 12, Current cases = Active cases as reported by state health authorities. Active case counts reported by NSW, Victoria and Qld do not equal Total Confirmed minus Deaths minus Recovered. Qld figures exclude cases where recovery information is pending. Victoria excludes cases with no LGA information. NSW has not reported recovery data since August 3, 2020. Figures prior to April 21 2020, were estimated by federal health authorities. From June 12 2020, the active count excludes cases where recovery information was not available after six weeks; from June 25 it excludes cases acquired overseas and cases where symptoms developed more than four weeks earlier, regardless of recovery status; from February 27, 2021, it includes only "people who have tested positive for COVID-19, are in isolation and are being clinically monitored by NSW Health"; from September 11, 2021, cases are considered active for 14 days after symptom onset date, except for hospitalised cases, which are considered active until they are discharged. Each change in NSW Health's methodology has drastically reduced NSW's active case count.
13 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Dan was asked that same question when people were getting on planes from Sydney to Vic. As I recall the response was that Qantas said it wasn't their job. (verified)

So Dan blamed Qantas? (verified)

1B8D64FA-2B4D-4630-AE07-4FE7779ECE7A.gif

59 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

It doesn't surprise me that Qantas would say that. It does surprise me that they were allowed to get away with it, however.

Anyway too late now. We'll see what the state of play is by the end of the week. As for the arsehole who caused this - Sarah Island is a lovely place for an extended stay.

FKT

5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

There are lots of questions with regard to the criminally determined idiot. Sarah Island is too good for him.

Murdunna Roadhouse, with plenty of food including local fresh scallops, oysters and dairy, is the only store available to us within 5 km. The crayfish pies and pizzas are also great. Out of habit, we are stocked up for 2-3 weeks regardless, so never a problem for us, especially as we already pretty self sufficient on five and a half acres. Currently working our way through our own asparagus. Lovely with our own poached eggs.

The boat is on a trailer up next to the house, so easy to work on. And when it is the water, it is on a mooring in front of the house, so sailing and flathead fishing “exercise” would be easy, as it was during the last/original lock down. We even had helicopters flying around checking that boats weren’t going from “port” to “port” back then…. No overnighting and you had to return each day to your home “port”.

9 hours ago, Sidecar said:

There are lots of questions with regard to the criminally determined idiot. Sarah Island is too good for him.

Murdunna Roadhouse, with plenty of food including local fresh scallops, oysters and dairy, is the only store available to us within 5 km. The crayfish pies and pizzas are also great. Out of habit, we are stocked up for 2-3 weeks regardless, so never a problem for us, especially as we already pretty self sufficient on five and a half acres. Currently working our way through our own asparagus. Lovely with our own poached eggs.

The boat is on a trailer up next to the house, so easy to work on. And when it is the water, it is on a mooring in front of the house, so sailing and flathead fishing “exercise” would be easy, as it was during the last/original lock down. We even had helicopters flying around checking that boats weren’t going from “port” to “port” back then…. No overnighting and you had to return each day to your home “port”.

Hah. I have moorings out the front of my place, in Barnes Bay and POW Bay. Just moving from one home port to another...

Last year we went to Barnes Bay but no further and didn't go ashore. We'll see how things go this year. Currently the weather sucks so I'm not inclined to go anywhere. The new mainsail panels are all laid out on the workshop floor now, just have to label the head/foot of each with its panel number and can start sewing.

And there's always marine electronics to screw up err with...

FKT

23 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:
10 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Currently working our way through our own asparagus. Lovely with our own poached eggs.

I hope you have well ventilated bathrooms!

Reminds me of a Chamber of Commerce lunch I went to many years ago when I used to live on Guernsey. 300 people eating mains with a side of new season asparagus…. Toilet breaks were interesting. Even from the main foyer….

Vic lockdown to lift midnight on Thursday,'

10 visitors permitted in homes. Yay!!

Seated service permitted for fully vaccinated up to 20 inside and 50 outside.

And more!

Apparently the acuity of those in hospital is less and length of hospitalizations shorter.

Maybe that's a result of those with a single dose being so high.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

in Snug yesterday.......Barnes Bay..........Kettering.........Margate.........

I have an affinity for days gone by in the Channel, good times.

When are the good people of Qld, SA, NT and WA going to get a move on?

If NZ can get almost 70% double vaxxed including the 12-15 YO in a matter of a few months with very small recent lockdown. What's holding you back?

There's only so much pleading health authorities and Premiers can do?

1 hour ago, Bill E Goat said:

This sums it up, where we can fly to

Border restrictions across Australia and the world.

That's not accurate.

Qantas has confirmed it will operate its flagship direct route from Australia to London via Darwin when international flights resume next month with the reopening of Australia’s border.

The national carrier has reached an agreement with the Northern Territory Government and Darwin Airport to temporarily reroute its flights from Melbourne and Sydney through Darwin.

The Darwin hub arrangement will be in place in time for borders reopening from 14 November 2021 until at least April 2022 when London flights are scheduled to operate via Perth again. While this is a temporary change to the route, Qantas will watch how it performs and is open-minded about what it could lead to down the track.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-to-fly-kangaroo-route-to-london-via-darwin/

12 minutes ago, trt131 said:

I dont think Qantas can be called the National Carrier anymore since it become a private company.

Yeah OK, that's fine. It's a Qantas media release, not mine.

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

That's not accurate.

Qantas has confirmed it will operate its flagship direct route from Australia to London via Darwin when international flights resume next month with the reopening of Australia’s border.

The national carrier has reached an agreement with the Northern Territory Government and Darwin Airport to temporarily reroute its flights from Melbourne and Sydney through Darwin.

The Darwin hub arrangement will be in place in time for borders reopening from 14 November 2021 until at least April 2022 when London flights are scheduled to operate via Perth again. While this is a temporary change to the route, Qantas will watch how it performs and is open-minded about what it could lead to down the track.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-to-fly-kangaroo-route-to-london-via-darwin/ 

There are other airlines? Emirates an Qatar have been flying in and out all through this bringing in only a few passengers, they pay offset the cost of the trip with cargo outbound, lamb etc.

I got this from my travel agent.

image.thumb.png.002b0dc924f417dfda4253c92d5819c5.png