• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• LB 15

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

Posted Images

The situation isn't good. Recommendation to bring booster shot fwd to 5 months, which I'm going to do.

And it won't be the last one that's for sure.

WRT opening the borders, it's one country, I've no kick about this. If you really want borders closed, think carefully where that's going to go.

Personally I'd far prefer that all you pestilential mainlanders stayed the fuck out of Tasmania, where masks are a rarity and nobody pays much attention to checking in everywhere. And the health/hospital system sucks so we don't need a ton of even 'mild' covid cases. But - sooner or later it's got to happen. Vax rates in excess of 90%, who'd have thought we'd ever get that level of compliance. So now we have to work on what happens and maybe that means prioritising health/hospital spending well over the froth & bubble crap like professional sports facilities etc.

I can't see things going well so am stocking up on consumables and boat supplies. The new mainsail is about done, 3 other boat projects are about done and we've actually had 2 or 3 decent days in a row. I'm pretty much ready to fuck off somewhere away from the maddening crowds...

FKT

I've no problem with opening the borders.

But to take the restrictions off crowds, vaccination mandates, check ins and masks etc at the same time as open borders and Christmas is fucking brain dead. 

You'd think someone would think about our healthcare staff needing a very well earned break would count for something.

59 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

But to take the restrictions off crowds, vaccination mandates, check ins and masks etc at the same time as open borders and Christmas is fucking brain dead. 

You'd think someone would think about our healthcare staff needing a very well earned break would count for something.

You are still getting all Chicken Little about infections without looking at Hospitalisations.

22 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

You are still getting all Chicken Little about infections without looking at Hospitalisations.

It's not about infections, it's not about hospitalisations

It's about elections.

When you're a narcissistic skyfairy worshipper, it's always about you.....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The situation isn't good. Recommendation to bring booster shot fwd to 5 months, which I'm going to do.

WRT opening the borders, it's one country, I've no kick about this. If you really want borders closed, think carefully where that's going to go.

Personally I'd far prefer that all you pestilential mainlanders stayed the fuck out of Tasmania, where masks are a rarity and nobody pays much attention to checking in everywhere. And the health/hospital system sucks so we don't need a ton of even 'mild' covid cases. But - sooner or later it's got to happen. Vax rates in excess of 90%, who'd have thought we'd ever get that level of compliance. So now we have to work on what happens and maybe that means prioritising health/hospital spending well over the froth & bubble crap like professional sports facilities etc.

I can't see things going well so am stocking up on consumables and boat supplies. The new mainsail is about done, 3 other boat projects are about done and we've actually had 2 or 3 decent days in a row. I'm pretty much ready to fuck off somewhere away from the maddening crowds...

FKT

Meli suggested such high levels of vaccination months ago, using current vaccination rates for other stuff.

When you post insults rather the read posts, missing stuff is always a risk.

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

There's only one job that matters......

14 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Meli suggested such high levels of vaccination months ago, using current vaccination rates for other stuff.

When you post insults rather the read posts, missing stuff is always a risk.

Methinks that you pay far more attention to this forum than I do. And apparently place far more importance on what's said. I just hit the 'mark all as read' button every so often and then skim new posts.

Having said that, I've actually NFI just what relevance your comment has to anything I've written, but don't knock yourself out attempting to explain it. I'm really not that interested; you're far less entertaining than Meli is, she at least demonstrates a SOH and good nature.

You're close to being the left mirror image of Mohammed Bin Lying. Just keep on being you. You do it well.

Life is pretty nice down here ATM. Cherries are ripening fast, apricots not far behind, garden is producing well. Midsummer solstice party coming up, croquet on the 'lawn' and bbq. We'll be living on home grown produce for months to come and eating freshly caught fish. Enjoy your city life. Stay safe. And stay home.

FKT

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

Yeah agree - it's going to shit and it was predictable.

3 of my good friends are amongst the anti-vaxers, all university educated professionals. I think it's a mental illness. I don't think we'll be seeing much of them in 2022.

FKT

40 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

It's not about infections, it's not about hospitalisations

It's about elections.

When you're a narcissistic skyfairy worshipper, it's always about you.....

Why, when is Dans next? Not that it matters as I have to wait a couple of years for Anna’s next.

surely you are not talking about Scomo? It’s not like he has any say in how the states are opening their borders or easing restrictions. Vic and NSW just dropped the 72 hour iso rule for international. Are you saying Dan is trying to help re-elect Scomo?

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Went to the Doctor today for a routine check up.

The new “freedoms” since Tassie opened its borders:

Entry to Clinic not allowed without wearing a mask, and if you have any “symptoms”, not allowed to enter at all.

There is a “bouncer” in the lobby to make sure that your mask is on, and you have read the notices and warnings.

Once in with the receptionist and checked in, you are given another notice to read whilst waiting for your doctor, same stuff as above, but with the warning that if the doctor determines that you have any of the prescribed “symptoms”, you will be asked to leave immediately, and may be struck off the clinic’s books. If you are vaccinated, you get 15 minutes with your doctor. If unvaccinated, the maximum time is 10 minutes.

All the doctors are wearing masks AND face shields.

Main reason for doing all of this is to protect medical staff and their families…..

Welcome to the new normal in a 90%+ double vaxxed state.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Personally I'd far prefer that all you pestilential mainlanders stayed the fuck out of Tasmania, where masks are a rarity and nobody pays much attention to checking in everywhere.

Sorry.

But I think that perhaps you insular island folks probably need to learn a little about social distancing and masking now. There are a swarm of folks arriving each day, some of us will eventually bring covid with us. I met a chick for the first time yesterday, and she went for a hug. Been two years since I've had that in Melbourne. It's a massive shame, but Tas is going to have to modify behaviour now that they have opened the border.

On the positive side, we seem to be spending money like water. Had to fight to leave a $20 tip after dinner in a rural pub last night, staff insisted on giving me another glass of wine that I really didn't need. Talking to a few other on the boat, it seems like they are paying heaps for accomadation, and looking forward to spending more on food or activities. Should be a good summer for hospitality in Tas. Have lent out one car already to folks flying in, leaving another one for folks kicking us out of our holiday house between Christmas and new years.

does anyone know if the junior jab has a blood thinner added to it

i can see why they may have researched / tested it and found it a good idea

but

it's more likely another facebook research fact

45 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Entry to Clinic not allowed without wearing a mask, and if you have any “symptoms”, not allowed to enter at all.

There is a “bouncer” in the lobby to make sure that your mask is on, and you have read the notices and warnings.

Once in with the receptionist and checked in, you are given another notice to read whilst waiting for your doctor, same stuff as above, but with the warning that if the doctor determines that you have any of the prescribed “symptoms”, you will be asked to leave immediately, and may be struck off the clinic’s books. If you are vaccinated, you get 15 minutes with your doctor. If unvaccinated, the maximum time is 10 minutes.

Main reason for doing all of this is to protect medical staff and their families…..

Welcome to the new normal in a 90%+ double vaxxed state

Dr's?

Wtf would they know?

6 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

And if you had a brain, it should tell you that even with  milder symptoms for t most of the community, 20x the infections will result in more  hospitalizations and more long covis and more deaths and more people taking 2 weeks sick leave.

5 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Why, when is Dans next? Not that it matters as I have to wait a couple of years for Anna’s next.

surely you are not talking about Scomo? It’s not like he has any say in how the states are opening their borders or easing restrictions. Vic and NSW just dropped the 72 hour iso rule for international. Are you saying Dan is trying to help re-elect Scomo?

Frankly I think it's moved beyond this premier or that.

Situation with Omicron is moving faster than politics.

We need the PM and his health team to step up and have a plan to keep infection rates below our capability to manage it.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Welcome to Victoria for the last two years :D

15 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Young guy who started with me in Feb and his girlfriend moved up from Launceston in Feb.  Her brother had left home the previous month to take his first job in Perth.  She was saying that her Mum was in tears when she was talking to her on wednesday because she was finally going to see her kids for the first time in 12 months.  Every time she planned a visit borders closed.  Some sacrifices are worth it.

Our fat foolish fuck of a Premier finally opens the border, we get a handful of cases and she panics and backflips on mask wearing. She is a fucking moron who makes it up as she goes along. The only Queenslanders who are bigger fuckwits than her are those morons who voted for her. 

35 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Our fat foolish fuck of a Premier finally opens the border, we get a handful of cases and she panics and backflips on mask wearing. She is a fucking moron who makes it up as she goes along. The only Queenslanders who are bigger fuckwits than her are those morons who voted for her. 

Consider your mask a "covid condom".

NSW is about to fuck you guys and bruises and pregnancy are not a good look.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Consider your mask a "covid condom".

NSW is about to fuck you guys and bruises and pregnancy are not a good look.

How are yours healing?

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Not to mention the stupid Councilors, Mayors, Coffee shop owners ect that have undermined restrictions every step of the way, and like you, probably didn't vote for her.:blink:

I suspect they are all making it up as they go along now.

Lack of national leadership?

Where's Hawkie when we need him?

14 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Not to mention the stupid Councilors, Mayors, Coffee shop owners ect that have undermined restrictions every step of the way, and like you, probably didn't vote for her.:blink:

I suspect they are all making it up as they go along now.

Lack of national leadership?

Where's Hawkie when we need him?

Hawkie is dead. All those years of smoking, drinking and fucking around behind his wives backs finally caught up with him. I see in the weekend Australian that you hero P. Keating is suffering from post relevance syndrome. Why is it that discarded Labor PM'S cant not just enjoy their retirement in dignity like our greatest ever Prime Minister, John Winston Howard?

10 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Have Victorians been 90%+ double vaxxed for the last two years?

You do realize that Melbourne is the worlds most livable city. Apart from all those people that died there of course.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:19 AM, ShortForBob said:

Frankly I think it's moved beyond this premier or that.

Situation with Omicron is moving faster than politics.

We need the PM and his health team to step up and have a plan to keep infection rates below our capability to manage it.  

So now that we are getting the expected spike in infections as a result of living with Covid you are putting all the blame on Scomo. Haven’t you noticed the last 2 years that he has no control of what the states do? Haven’t you noticed that the states are happy to go against the agreed roadmap? 

you make it sound like Dan is being held hostage by Canberra. 

If you want someone to blame for you panic Chicken Little, it’s your hero, Dan, for the cases in Victoria.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:28 AM, ShortForBob said:

BTW, to all you Tasmanians. We feel for your horror and join in your sadness.

Simply horrible tragic thing to happen.

That was a total tragedy unlike 99% of Australia’s covid deaths

15 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Have Victorians been 90%+ double vaxxed for the last two years?

Nah, I was talking about 

On 12/17/2021 at 8:12 PM, Sidecar said:

For the last two years, or there abouts. Our GP's have been doing most consultations by phone. If they feel they need to see you, you waited outside. Check in outside. A nurse comes to get you when it's your turn.

If you have any symptoms like sore throat, you are asked to go to an entrance away from the main clinic, a doc in full PPE will see you there.

Vaccinations were done in the car park. 

16 hours ago, darth reapius said:

9/10 people in WA have already been giggling at the rest of the world.

May be an image of footwear and text that says "90% 9 % OF WEST AUSSIES AGED 12+ HAVE HAD THEIR FIRST DOSE"

That's actually not something to highlight. But well done, keep going.

image.thumb.png.54fdd21762524eebdd32fc6e19daef4e.png

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/12/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-update-jurisdictional-breakdown-18-december-2021.pdf

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Anna’s border regulations are just BS to fool Queenslanders into thinking she has control.

I did the test on Friday (in Brisvegas), uploaded the SMS results, my Vax cert, licence and printed the permit. 

Even though there is a 72hr requirement for the test, my permit had a very large December 31st printed on it. 

At the border, once the queue of cars made it into 1 lane, everyone was waved through driving past the cop at 30kmh. No checking if the permits were real or if the correct person was using it. 

Not vaccinated, Got covid, no problem! Just mock up a qld permit and take a busy border crossing. Welcome to QLD.

7D88A0AC-1111-4B6F-8065-BF85ED187787.jpeg

Well. Netherlands back in lockdown, London and other European cities cancelling christmas and NY gigs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-19/london-declares-covid-19-major-incident-and-netherland-lockdown-/100711926

Alarmed ministers in France, Cyprus and Austria also tightened travel restrictions.

Paris cancelled its New Year's Eve fireworks. Likewise, Denmark has closed theatres, concert halls, amusement parks and museums.

Ireland imposed an 8pm curfew on pubs and bars and limited attendance at indoor and outdoor events.

Should we be smarter and stay open, or smarter and re impose crowd controls and masks etc before christmas.

Do we learn from Europe?

Seeing as we were slow to start our vaccinations and most over 60's who got the AZ, can't get a booster for at least 2 months.

Seeing as our "wait and see" approach worked so well...because we locked the world out and imposed local restrictions

We have our own unique set of issues.

Sure we are one of the worlds most highly vaccinated countries.

But..we've had little community spread and this far fewer with natural immunity AND Vax.

And

As I said upthread.    

Lifting gathering restrictions and indoor dining restrictions is going to accelerate numners.

Thoughts? 

Why do masks have to be "imposed"?  Just get some good ones and wear them. No matter what the others do. With those pitiful cloth masks we sewed in 2020, yeah everyone helped each other. 

But KN95s or DN95s or N95s put one on, keep year hands off it, who cares if no one else has one. 

A message to the Premier of NSW.

We need to slow this down now, not "stand tall"

He obviously does not give a flying fuck about healthcare workers. 

(they mostly vote for the other side)

Brian May has just recovered from Omicron.

He's triple jabbed. He's been careful throughout but thought he'd risk a birthday party where everyone was Vaxxed.

We need to slow this down.

May, who is also a qualified astrophysicist, said he and his wife, actress Anita Dobson, had been "incredibly careful" and were "being very hermit-like" since the pandemic struck, but took a risk on a birthday lunch last Saturday.

He said everyone in attendance had received three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and used rapid antigen tests, more commonly known as lateral flow tests in the UK, before arriving.

May described "two horrendous days" following the "double red line" on the test which signified a positive.

"[It's] like the worst flu you can imagine, really," he said.

Speaking to his fans through a video posted to social media on Saturday (local time), May said he felt "pretty good" a week after his exposure.

26 minutes ago, Frakka said:

The ghost of the Ruby Princess drops anchor in Sydney Harbour again and these people have learnt nothing........they will not listen to medical advice or even take basic precautions....beyond belief.

It's not as if they've failed to take Chant's advice before.

I wouldn't be surprised if other premiers start shutting our borders to NSW again.

On 12/19/2021 at 3:39 PM, ShortForBob said:

Lifting gathering restrictions and indoor dining restrictions is going to accelerate numners.

Thoughts? 

Community Christmas dinner last Saturday. Outdoor seating.

It's the last gathering I'm going to for a while. Possibly a long while. Certainly not going to any pubs.

Masks indoors again from tomorrow.

Kind of wishing we'd kept the border closed. Yes, it's futile in the longer run, but a few weeks over Christmas/New Year would have been good.

FKT

• Like 1

Morrison and Perrettot are getting cold feet, it's starting to dawn on them that the virus doesn't respond to bullshit. Strollout* Morrison is characterising a hastily called national cabinet meeting as "an informal get together", code for "seeking scapegoats for another marketing snafu". 

*Maquarie Dictionary word of the year.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Frakka said:

Morrison and Perrettot are getting cold feet, it's starting to dawn on them that the virus doesn't respond to bullshit. Strollout* Morrison is characterising a hastily called national cabinet meeting as "an informal get together", code for "seeking scapegoats for another marketing snafu". 

And now, if they Grinch Christmas, there will be  much pissedofedness and disobedience . the peasants may indeed revolt.

1 hour ago, Frakka said:

I doubt the result of national cabinet will be anything more than business as usual.

There will not be a closure of international borders.

They may be extra federal money for state healthcare. Masks may be mandated.

Scomo is fucked. Dead man hobbling.

39 minutes ago, Tharsheblows said:

This is an amazing example of medical tyranny in Australia.

It's an amazing example of bullshit from a well known bullshitter and a wanna befamous

https://www.starnow.com.au/bettypezzimenti/

Along with his brother Eric Weinstein, he is among the people referred to collectively as the intellectual dark web.[3][4] Weinstein has been criticized for making false statements about COVID-19 treatments and vaccines

• Like 1
Just now, Tharsheblows said:

So you do not believe the girl who told a very detailed story of complete the incompetence of the Australian system to handle her situation?

or did you just reflexively jump to an ad hominem attack of the podcast host rather than exercise any critical thinking skills?

She's an actress

https://www.starnow.com.au/bettypezzimenti/

Puhlease. Keep your plandememic bullshit where it belongs.

33 minutes ago, Tharsheblows said:

So do you have any evidence or objective reason to believe she is lying, or is this just your knee-jerk criticism of anyone or anything that contradicts the narrative that the vaccines are wonderful and the solution for everybody?

I am basing it on your trackrecord of posting halftruths and bullshit.  My opinion Trumps yours. as Eva dent

3 hours ago, Tharsheblows said:

So do you have any evidence or objective reason to believe she is lying, or is this just your knee-jerk criticism of anyone or anything that contradicts the narrative that the vaccines are wonderful and the solution for everybody?

I am not watching. Since you have, what is her documented allergy to EACH vaccine? They vary a great deal in terms of inactive ingredients.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Tharsheblows said:

In short, a girl has a well established lethal allergy to the vaccines and her doctor wont recommend an exemption due to legal liability (apparently more afraid of the government than not caring for her patient) and the wait time to see a specialist (who could also recommend the exemption) is over a year.  In the meantime, she cant work or participate in society.

She’s an a grade fruitloop fantasy bs artist.

I bet you are big on the Q-anon and believe any BS.

btw I’m a Nigerian Prince and I need help moving my massive fortune out of the country and you could help. PM me for details as I can make it financially worth your while.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tharsheblows said:

You really don't get it do you?

We are not playing.

People like you, from whatever place you spring from, political left, right, anti vax, abortion deniers, tobacco companies or the zealots on the other side,  have this one thing in common.

You mix monstrous lies with a trickle of fact to sell your poison of the month to the starry eyed.

It's been done ever since fake leather.

From the responses above, I'd say it's game over for you.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Tharsheblows said:

In short, a girl has a well established lethal allergy to the vaccines and her doctor wont recommend an exemption due to legal liability (apparently more afraid of the government than not caring for her patient) and the wait time to see a specialist (who could also recommend the exemption) is over a year.  In the meantime, she cant work or participate in society.

You got nothing. There is much better bullshit than that available on Youtube. Do some research!

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

We moved up expecting the health system here to be similar to down south. We were wrong, it's fucked.

The beer and the weather are better however. 

40 minutes ago, Tharsheblows said:

I don't doubt that you are right.  The Australia government has demonstrated that it has much to learn about balancing competing risks and proportionality.

If you leave your number at reception I am sure the Prime Minister will call soon for your thoughts. Until then, kick back and enjoy that wonderful county of yours and I hope there aren’t too many school shootings today.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Tharsheblows said:

According to this video which some believe is an elaborate lie,  she has a well documented (before the pandemic) severe allergy to polyethylene glycol which is in the both Pfizer and Moderna shots.  The AstraZeneca vaccine has Polysorbate 80 which is well known to be a significant risk to those with a polyethylene glycol allergy.

While her doctor would not recommend the exemption for fear of "legal liability," she also would not administer the vaccines either because she recognizes that it is high probability that doing so will cause anaphylaxis. 

Her doctor recommended she go to the specialist that originally diagnosed her allergies for the exemption; however, the wait time is 12 to 24 months.  She has tried other options blah, blah, blah, all to not avail.  In the meantime, she cannot work or participate in society in any meaningful way.

Its just one person's story but, if true, its a sign of a very rigid and dysfunctional system.

So don’t come here then. Apart from Meli, no one here gives a fuck about your country. Go eat a bag of tex-mex flavoured dicks. 

26 minutes ago, Tharsheblows said:

I don't doubt that you are right.  The Australia government has demonstrated that it has much to learn about balancing competing risks and proportionality.

As much as many of us are critical of our own government’s failings during the Covid pandemic, it pales into insignificance when compared to the gross malevolent incompetence of USA’s pandemic response under Trump and GOP governors. Just look at the illness and deaths per million statistics for each country…..

Australia: 9.8 k/million cases, 83/million deaths.

USA: 130.0 k/million cases, 1900/million deaths.

I would suggest that Australia has balanced competing risks and proportionality rather better than USA and our economy is booming……

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sidecar said:

As much as many of us are critical of our own government’s failings during the Covid pandemic, it pales into insignificance when compared to the gross malevolent incompetence of USA’s pandemic response under Trump and GOP governors. Just look at the illness and deaths per million statistics for each country…..

Australia: 9.8 k/million cases, 83/million deaths.

USA: 130.0 k/million cases, 1900/million deaths.

I would suggest that Australia has balanced competing risks and proportionality rather better than USA and our economy is booming……

By March, one in every 350 US citizens will have died of covid. But that is a smal price to pay for Liberty, guns and chewing T’baccy...

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Pick any metric you like…..Australia is in a similar or much better economic position than USA, but we have killed far fewer people/million in the process. We will also have far fewer/million Long Covid casualties to support and deal with later.

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/australia/usa?sc=XE19

You obsession with individual freedom over collective social/community responsibility and benefit is laughable.

Why have any laws or restrictions at all?

32 minutes ago, Tharsheblows said:

At least we have some liberty still.  But to each their own, apparently you guys don't mind value liberty the same and that's OK too. 

I guess that is were the expression ‘Give me liberty or give me death’ came from. With covid you get both.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Tharsheblows said:

I understand Australia's slogan might as well be "Give me liberty!...please?...if its not too much trouble or too great of a burden on the desires of the government...and of course if the Queen approves!" 

But that's OK, apparently they're generally happy with it.  Which makes it none of my business.  Its certainly not the worst country in the world.  We don't all have to value liberty and human rights the same.

1 hour ago, Tharsheblows said:

I understand Australia's slogan might as well be "Give me liberty!...please?...if its not too much trouble or too great of a burden on the desires of the government...and of course if the Queen approves!" 

But that's OK, apparently they're generally happy with it.  Which makes it none of my business.  Its certainly not the worst country in the world.  We don't all have to value liberty and human rights the same.

Fuck you're an idiot.

You know we vote?

You know we use our vote to change our government? And we change those fuckers regularly because we are their boss.

Of course you don't have to value liberty and human rights the same.

It's why Australia has never had a war between our states.

you haven't watched much state of origin then

it's how wars should be played

lets have a look at the 2  systems in brief

political

aussie .. usually more than 3 parties .. each sometimes has to negotiate with the others

usa ... 2 parties .. which dictator and party have totalitarian rule for the next 4 years or gets to block whatever the other wants to do .. just because

humanitarian

aussie ... good standard of affordable or free medical care for all .. want luxury .. pay a bit more

usa .. im sorry your insurance has run out .. please wait ...................... there is a free clinic with overworked under-qualified staff only 50 miles away .. you might make it

world view and leadership example

aussie .. im sorry we haven't declared war on anyone without being invited by a treaty partner and it being a clear humanitarian aim ( although they have been lied to a great deal lately )

usa .. im not sure who we are at war with this week .. find some oil and we will defend it

public beliefs

aussie .. we are a country built on fairness and equality for all ( nowadays )

usa  .. we are the greatest country on earth we deserve more than anyone else we won all the wars ...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, phill_nz said:

you haven't watched much state of origin then

it's how wars should be played

lets have a look at the 2  systems in brief

political

aussie .. usually more than 4 parties .. each sometimes has to negotiate with the others

usa ... 2 parties .. which dictator and party have totalitarian rule for the next 4 years or gets to block whatever the other wants to do .. just because

humanitarian

aussie ... good standard of affordable or free medical care for all .. want luxury .. pay a bit more

usa .. im sorry your insurance has run out .. please wait ...................... there is a free clinic with overworked under-qualified staff only 50 miles away .. you might make it

world view and leadership example

aussie .. im sorry we haven't declared war on anyone without being invited by a treaty partner and it being a clear humanitarian aim ( although they have been lied to a great deal lately )

usa .. im not sure who we are at war with this week .. find some oil and we will defend it

public beliefs

aussie .. we are a country built on fairness and equality for all ( nowadays )

usa  .. we are the greatest country on earth we deserve more than anyone else we won all the wars ...

State of origin?

Watching NSW and Qld in a dick swinging contest is less a war and more gay porn

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tharsheblows said:

At least we have some liberty still.  But to each their own, apparently you guys don't mind value liberty the same and that's OK too. 

That's the price of living in a first world country. We give up some liberties, but at least we don't need to arm ourselves to the teeth to protect ourselves from the other heavily armed wackos like you have to in some 3rd world countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, USA, South Sudan and so on...

most here would have had sympathy for her plight

doesn't change anything though

she gets vaccinated and suffers anaphylaxis

or

she goes home with government support and doesn't work or socialize till this thing is controlled to the point she can

you sound like a lot of the wack job anti vaxxers i have met and heard from

they keep trying to smoke up the argument with irrelevancies

tis a simple argument really

vaxx or quarantine .. the freedom to choose is yours

ohh and just for pointers

the vaxx works better than no vaxx

pfizer works better than novavax

ivermectin is for the easily led