1 hour ago, FinnFish said:

This keeps evolving, what's the 'A' for?

That's what the mardi gras organisers said. The A is for asexual. The + is for whoever feels left out of the rest of the letters, such as pansexual and two spirited. I guess LGBTQIAPTS was just an identity or two too far (and there's two Ts).

Maybe LGBTQIAP2S?

Don't ask me what "two spirited" means (but of course wikipedia knows).

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• ShortForBob

• LB 15

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who aren't on the news, the nurses, drs, police etc are fucking legends. The professionals deserve as much thanks as we can muster. And that starts with us helping them and gettin

Had our second AZ jab on Thursday. Rolled up at 7am to the doctors, people waiting in line out the front and a receptionist popping in and out like a yoyo keeping tabs on the number of people.  

No, they well and truely live off me (and others who work in the private world and earn enough to be a net contributor to government)

Posted Images

On 3/1/2022 at 8:59 PM, ShortForBob said:

Has it not occurred to yourself that if you were the same person on line as you are in reality, you'd be just as annoying and pompous as AJ?

LB would be a social reject.

DK someone normal people would cross the road to avoid.

Grumpy would be locked up.

And where the fuck would you be Miss Prissy?

Jesus Christ, you are so fucking stupid.

18 minutes ago, 00seven said:

And where the fuck would you be Miss Prissy?

Jesus Christ, you are so fucking stupid.

She’d be a librarian who goes to Greece to shag a Spiros.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

She’d be a librarian who goes to Greece to shag a Spiros.

Just another Meli story. Remember she posted about her upcoming 3 month tour of the US (in PA) while asking for help understanding US politics (in GA).

She's a fucking idiot & a complete bullshitter.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Just another Meli story. Remember she posted about her upcoming 3 month tour of the US (in PA) while asking for help understanding US politics (in GA).

Cite

sorry, I could not help myself

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Would you like to see my plane ticket?

1 minute ago, ShortForBob said:

So you'll stop accusing me of bullshitting then?

Prolly not.

Bullshitter.

Wrong again. I'll call your BS every time.

You're welcome.

7 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Albo is a good bloke

Oh come on. He's a career politician.

You'd have to be chronically short of mates to consider any of them other than stomach churning.

oh.

Sorry.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, RobG said:

That's what the mardi gras organisers said. The A is for asexual. The + is for whoever feels left out of the rest of the letters, such as pansexual and two spirited. I guess LGBTQIAPTS was just an identity or two too far (and there's two Ts).

Maybe LGBTQIAP2S?

Don't ask me what "two spirited" means (but of course wikipedia knows).

LGBTQIAP+

Nothing like simplicity.

lhbttqqiaap.jpg

Anna had to eat some humble pie today but still there was a level of arrogance. 

On the radio this morning they said that Brisvegas gets 50 similar forecasts a year.

The Guardian reported that she blamed the floods on climate change.

Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said she had “never seen so many natural disasters” and acknowledged - “let’s face it, it is (the floods) climate change”.

"Acknowledged"?

Even the AMA is now a climate expert.

Sludge has quit

Liberal MP Alan Tudge has quit Scott Morrison's cabinet despite insisting an investigation into an affair and alleged abusive relationship with a former staffer had cleared him of breaking any ministerial rules. Mr Tudge was the minister for education and youth. He'll be replaced by Stuart Robert.

8 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Sludge has quit

Liberal MP Alan Tudge has quit Scott Morrison's cabinet despite insisting an investigation into an affair and alleged abusive relationship with a former staffer had cleared him of breaking any ministerial rules. Mr Tudge was the minister for education and youth. He'll be replaced by Stuart Robert.

No mention of the texts his nutjob obsessed mistress was sending him? 

of course not. You only read the ABC.

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Warnie RIP

:(

When Philip Hughes died the nation ‘put their bats out’ For Warne they should put their balls out. He regularly had his out. Obviously an incredible cricketer but a very average human being. IMO his greatest achievement was not his 708 test wickets, it was banging Luz Hurly. 

Death does not erase his dickheadedness.

Feel for his Kids however. 

Marshy death is much sadder. He was a great Austrailan.

Sad about Marsh and Warney.

I met him once (Warney), he helped me put my daughter's pushbike in the back of my car. Lovely smile. Losing two great cricketers in a week. I suppose they'll be meeting on an empty pitch somewhere.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

it was banging Luz Hurly. 

Yes, a very impressive record.

I do wonder not what, not who, but how many TH’s he was doing at the time he expired.

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

I met him once (Warney), he helped me put my daughter's pushbike in the back of my car. Lovely smile. Losing two great cricketers in a week. I suppose they'll be meeting on an empty pitch somewhere.

Was at his house the day he announced his retirement.

His pool and "entertainment" area was fucking legendary.....

15 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

He may have been a root rat, but a generous and hospitable root rat.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

No mention of the texts his nutjob obsessed mistress was sending him? 

of course not. You only read the ABC.

Whatever, he was a fucking useless vindictive waste of space and money. Robodebt, Cashless welfare card, holding Afghan serviceman in detention while appealing their AAT aproval for TPV?

Good riddance 

16 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Whatever, he was a fucking useless vindictive waste of space and money. Robodebt, Cashless welfare card, holding Afghan serviceman in detention while appealing their AAT aproval for TPV?

Good riddance 

Have to agree this time.

He broke one of the cardinal rules - don't fuck the staff. It never ends well.

FKT

3 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Not the first time he has used a bike in the back of a car.

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

Ha..do you actually pay to read The Australian?

Now that is a really piss weak troll. You'll have to do better than that Aunt Esmae.

3 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Ha..do you actually pay to read The Australian?

Indeed, I buy the weekend Australian printed on dead trees. You see, living as I do in stately LB manor on Brisbane’s leafy (and flood free) bayside, we have Water closets large enough so that one can relax with a broadsheet to read. In some tiny semi mouse house in Inner Melbourne, you can hardly get your knees apart to read your phone.

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Indeed, I buy the weekend Australian printed on dead trees. You see, living as I do in stately LB manor on Brisbane’s leafy (and flood free) bayside, we have Water closets large enough so that one can relax with a broadsheet to read. In some tiny semi mouse house in Inner Melbourne, you can hardly get your knees apart to read your phone.

Well maybe if Newscorp wasn't just about the only media empire in Oz to put paywalls on, maybe more people would read their rags. So it's a good thing . Even the Herald sun has a paywall. 

At least Fairfax let you try before you buy and the Guardian just begs for a few dollars

18 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Sludge has quit

The "former staffer" felt vindicated because he lost his ministry and a large chunk of his income.

Two inquiries (that she refused to cooperate with) into her claims found they were baseless. So far from being vindicated, she's basically been found a liar. Of course no one (other than Jane Albrechtsen) will have the guts to say so publicly. 

Like I said. who cares. he should have been dumped after his first two (known) scandals' let alone his incompetence and real pain he caused with the Robodebt debarcle.  

8 minutes ago, RobG said:

You cared enough to post about it.

I mean, who cares about why he's gone. he's gone and good riddance. Nemesis is female. 

16 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I mean, who cares about why he's gone. he's gone and good riddance. Nemesis is female. 

Ok, so the end justifies the means, but only for females. Got it.

1 hour ago, RobG said:

The "former staffer" felt vindicated because he lost his ministry and a large chunk of his income.

Two inquiries (that she refused to cooperate with) into her claims found they were baseless. So far from being vindicated, she's basically been found a liar. Of course no one (other than Jane Albrechtsen) will have the guts to say so publicly. 

Then why did he quit?

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Hahaha sad but so true. we went from 2bedroom 1 bath room to 5 & 3 and as the crow flies, we are the same distance from the CBD. 

51 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Hahaha sad but so true. we went from 2bedroom 1 bath room to 5 & 3 and as the crow flies, we are the same distance from the CBD. 

Do you and your daughter clean your own bathrooms?

I've got two loos..and they're both inside! ..Luxury.

6 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Do you and your daughter clean your own bathrooms?

Who wipes your arse for you? You're a nosey bitch.

42 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Yeah but look where you had to move to in order to get more space than you likely need.

FKT - happily living in a small 2BR 1 bath cottage that I built myself, for myself.

8 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah but look where you had to move to in order to get more space than you likely need.

FKT - happily living in a small 2BR 1 bath cottage that I built myself, for myself.

Don't understand this 3 bathrooms the size of football pitches thing.

Just more cleaning. You could keep a family of four in my friends bathrooms, scullery...(ooops Pantry) and laundry.

It's just ostentatious. 

42 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I don’t see any downsides that I care about.

We lived in Albert Park where I had my house since 1989. I renovated it myself over the last 4 years making it much more livable and continently making it more sellable.

In the 18 years I was away the area went downhill big time with the yummy mummies and beautiful people moving in the area. My daughters friends parents didn’t want to know us, not because of what you see here, but because my wife would arrange play dates with the kids nanny. They were from Bondi and have since moved back. Other neighbours had kids the same age but they lived in big houses on the street behind and the parents were too stuck up.

one plus side, the rich idiot next door neighbour bought our house to prevent a developer going up a floor and casting a shadow over their pool.

My daughter already has friends here she made before starting school and we are friends with their parents.

a decent lifestyle upgrade.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

I've got two loos..and they're both inside!

Makes sense for people who are full of shit.

9 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Why do you care so much about how people spend their money?

11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Rupert says thanks.

He's made a fortune separating dickheads from their money.

The weekend Australian was a good read yesterday. Great coverage of the war and the floods and opinion pieces on many issues. Meanwhile over on the ABC site, this was their lead story...

Chinese Australians call out racism on LGBT dating apps amid Sydney Mardi Gras celebrations

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-06/sexual-racism-on-dating-apps-in-australia/100872332

Rilun Li says racist phrases like "sorry, not into Asians" on gay dating app profiles make him feel uncomfortable. 

The 27-year-old moved from China to Australia more than eight years ago, hoping to start a new life in "this friendly country".

But despite the time that has passed, he still feels marginalised in the LGBT community because of his race.

Thankfully you have no issues smoking Chinese dick...

20 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Did all his bogan mates get out so you could clean the pool or did you have to go back later?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Good practice for when you move into a caravan.

10 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Just more cleaning. You could keep a family of four in my friends bathrooms, scullery...(ooops Pantry) and laundry.

It's just ostentatious. 

Your friend is a rightwing bogan anti vaxxer living in a Gold coast McMansion. I am just glad I don't have any friends like that.

11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Then why did he quit?

Presumably you can read and follow links. From the original post from this thread–within–a –thread:

"Today [Alan Tudge] has informed me that in the interests of his family and his own well-being and in order to focus on his re-election as the Member for Aston he is not seeking to return to the frontbench, and I support his decision."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-04/alan-tudge-quits-ministry-after-abuse-allegation/100832724

Presumably having your name dragged through the mud on various national media platforms with vigour is harmful to one's mental health and family relationships. I have not noted the same vigour in announcing the results of the investigations nor apologies from the main protagonists. The silence is deafening.

The ABC's web site at least carried the above story, but also links to the headline "When Rachelle Miller revealed her affair with minister Alan Tudge one year ago, she paid a heavy price while he got promoted", which infers that she was punished for the affair, which is utterly wrong. Do some research.

38 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Good practice for when you move into a caravan.

Why would I want to do that? If I want a cramped space with minimal facilities, a tiny toilet and no shower, I already have a boat.

FKT

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

In the 18 years I was away the area went downhill big time with the yummy mummies and beautiful people moving in the area.

Where I live now is going downhill big-time with the mainlander riff-raff moving in. Property prices all well north of the $1M mark and I can already hear the whining about the unsealed roads, lack of garbage collection etc etc.

Not to mention bitching about noise disrupting the peace & quiet.

Might be time I started on building another boat to give them all a taste of what *real* noise is like. Nothing quite matches the sound of a 20" wide thickness planer running Tasmanian hardwood. Even angle grinders sound quiet.

FKT

11 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

It's just ostentatious. 

This would make a great story for the Betoota Advocate. 'Bitter old virtue signaler bags people for have three bathrooms, then brags that she has two'.

YCMTSU.

48 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

This would make a great story for the Betoota Advocate. 'Bitter old virtue signaler bags people for have three bathrooms, then brags that she has two'.

YCMTSU.

No, I have one bathroom and the luxury of a downstairs loo in the laundry.

I live in a home with cats and a dog and mess, not a magazine advertisement for Bogans  

26 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

I live in a home with cats and a dog and mess, not a magazine advertisement for Bogans  

Sounds like one. Summerhill Road by chance?

54 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

One of my yachts has two bathrooms, the other one only has one. 

Our house has cats and a dog as well but we clean up any mess. Have you considered cutting back on your screen time?

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

One of my yachts has two bathrooms, the other one only has one. 

Our house has cats and a dog as well but we clean up any mess. Have you considered cutting back on your screen time?

Todays posts by LB? 17

Todays posts by Meli? 5

Maybe you should cut back on the sniping?

1 minute ago, ShortForBob said:

Todays posts by LB? 17

Todays posts by Meli? 5

Maybe you should cut back on the sniping?

7 by you now  and you are closing the gap to the great man. Of course he hasn’t posted in 7 months.

212A6A54-5296-400F-BD7D-798BE8FB08B7.jpeg

How 'The Betoota Advocate' Became Australia's 'The Onion' – Digital Editions

Woman living in squalor calls out the wealthy for having houses that are 'too tidy'.

A part time book stacker at the Betoota library has admitted she walks through a carpet of dog turds each day to get to her computer to post criticism online of people for having houses that look like a 'magazine advertisement'.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

we are the same distance from the CBD. 

Equating being close to Brisbane CBD with being close to Melbourne CBD is the cultural equivalent of saying you are a wine connoisieur because you have a spare box of goon under the kitchen sink. I'm sure you could have bought a big place in Sunshine for similar money as well.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Equating being close to Brisbane CBD with being close to Melbourne CBD is the cultural equivalent of saying you are a wine connoisieur because you have a spare box of goon under the kitchen sink. I'm sure you could have bought a big place in Sunshine for similar money as well.

You are clearly all over Sunshine beach real estate prices. 'Big places' at Sunshine start at about 4 million. You can get a small dump in St Kilda for a quarter of that. Even cheaper if the downstairs bathroom is covered in dog shit.

37 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Too far drive from the office. 

personally, I don’t see a big advantage in the melb cbd. What Brisvegas lacks is the shopping/restaurant strips in the suburbs.

and what LB says

22 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You are clearly all over Sunshine beach real estate prices. 'Big places' at Sunshine start at about 4 million. You can get a small dump in St Kilda for a quarter of that. Even cheaper if the downstairs bathroom is covered in dog shit.

anyway, I’m 20min from the marina and a 3 or 4 hour sail from this.

yacht racing is better in Melbourne, but if you want to cruise, you have to go through the rip.

I’d probably have been happy with my old 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom cruiser if I’d come straight to here.

3955EC0A-94BA-4E9F-ACB0-371411679DC4.jpeg

34 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You are clearly all over Sunshine beach real estate prices. 

You are clearly all over Melbourne geography...

Sunshine is a Melbourne suburb, about the same distance from the Melbourne CBD as DK is from Brisbane. It is also flat, hot, and away from any water. Hence it is a byword for a cheap suburb where you probably don't want to live - but could buy a big house if that's what you want - ie a 4 bed place for around $1mill.

29 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

What Brisvegas lacks is the shopping/restaurant strips in the suburbs.

WTF? Wynnum Plaza has a Kmart, Lowes, Maccas, Hungry Jacks, Subway and the Chinese Chew and spew. Fashion and Fine dining on the way to your boat. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I’d probably have been happy with my old 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom cruiser if I’d come straight to here.

We left our 2 cabin, 1 head crusier in QLD for a while after we finished a live aboard stint. Tangalooma is nice, but a bit like cruising to Queenscliff, it'd get a bit booring after a while.

Crossing Wide Bar Bar spooked me more than the Rip does down here. Of course, once you transit the rip, you're still in Bass Strait, so not really the same thing

10 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Sunshine is a Melbourne suburb, about the same distance from the Melbourne CBD as DK is from Brisbane. It is also flat, hot, and away from any water. Hence it is a byword for a cheap suburb where you probably don't want to live - but could buy a big house if that's what you want - ie a 4 bed place for around $1mill.

Oh that Sunshine. Bit of poetic licence when they named that place. But I guess Shithole wasn’t specific enough for Melbourne. 

2 minutes ago, Se7en said:

We left our 2 cabin, 1 head crusier in QLD for a while after we finished a live aboard stint. Tangalooma is nice, but a bit like cruising to Queenscliff, it'd get a bit booring after a while.

Crossing Wide Bar Bar spooked me more than the Rip does down here. Of course, once you transit the rip, you're still in Bass Strait, so not really the same thing

WIde Bay Bar is the newbies Cape Horn. Whenever the Croc wearing beardy cruising types gather around a campfire ashore (free wood of course) they love to tell tales of their heroics surfing down huge widow makers and into pelican bay. Every Bar can have its day, but having crossed it about 300 times, they don’t get any easier than that one. It rarely even breaks and if it is- well that is what the Royal Tin Can Bay yacht club beer garden is for. To wait in. For most of us it is once bitten twice shy on that stretch of water. Us locals cross it all the time a night as well. It is the urban myth of the lotus eaters before the arrive in Airlie Beach, decide they have found paradise and sit on a barstool telling the tourists about their ‘cruising years’. 

The same People think the Middle Percy  goat skull shed is worth visiting more than once.

5 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Oh where's my wankfest smiley.:rolleyes:

In the drawer next to your bed?

46 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Every Bar can have its day, but having crossed it about 300 times, they don’t get any easier than that one.

Most places are easier the second time.

I'd been through the rip probably 150 times before I took my family through there, but had never seen WBB before. For your first crossing I'm assuming you didn't pick a day with a solid westerly and a 3m swell either? (And I'd still go through the rip in bigger weather than I'd attempt WBB in)

Hoppy mentioned that the rip is a barrier to getting to fun places from Melbourne, I was just pointing out that QLD does have similar features.

Hmm.

This is interesting.

Albo and McGowan seem to be avoiding one another.

By mutual agreement? Or has McG told Albo to keep away from his fanbase?

Covid has bought us interesting times when a Labor premier doesn't want to be seen with the labor leader.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-06/albanese-and-mcgowan-public-apperance-fails-to-transpire/100880760

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

Most places are easier the second time.

I'd been through the rip probably 150 times before I took my family through there, but had never seen WBB before. For your first crossing I'm assuming you didn't pick a day with a solid westerly and a 3m swell either? (And I'd still go through the rip in bigger weather than I'd attempt WBB in)

Hoppy mentioned that the rip is a barrier to getting to fun places from Melbourne, I was just pointing out that QLD does have similar features.

Yes indeed the rip is not for the fainthearted or inexperinced but some of those River mouths in NSW have given me one or two close calls. But those bars are like how a girl would feel having sex with Random.

It is horrifying but over very quickly.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Covid has bought us interesting times when a Labor premier doesn't want to be seen with the labor leader.

Particularly in his new Emperor clothes.

3 hours ago, Se7en said:

FWIW Sunshine is 11km as the crow flies from the CBD whilst AP and where I live now are both 3km. Would not want to live there even if you paid me. BTW it's not flat here. We are on the top of the hill and get a good breeze flowing through the house, so I think we have used the A/C 4 times. 

The ferry ride to and from work is quite enjoyable. But a lot slower than to Tram. 

IMG_3909.jpg

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

In the drawer next to your bed?

Given the number of posts recently I expect the batteries are flat...

FKT

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

Not as a barrier, just highlighting that you have to sail 30-40nm to get out of the bay and then another 100-200 nm before you can get to a remotely interesting destination. On top of that the water is cold which is not our thing. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Yes indeed the rip is not for the fainthearted or inexperinced but some of those River mouths in NSW have given me one or two close calls. But those bars are like how a girl would feel having sex with Random.

It is horrifying but over very quickly.

We went & took a look at Bridport the other day. My GF said that if I insisted on coming through there, she'd stay home.

Even by NSW river mouth standards where I grew up Bridport looked a little narrow and difficult for my cowardly nature.

FKT

57 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

FWIW Sunshine is 11km as the crow flies from the CBD whilst AP and where I live now are both 3km.

OK, you win the Internet pedant award for today.

You've successfully proved that you chose a better cultural desert to live in than Scumshine. Well done you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

We went & took a look at Bridport the other day. My GF said that if I insisted on coming through there, she'd stay home.

Even by NSW river mouth standards where I grew up Bridport looked a little narrow and difficult for my cowardly nature.

FKT

You'd get your boat in there at high tide OK, but you'd have to be prepared to dry out against the warf at low tide. 2 1/2 metre tides do that. There is almost never any swell to worry about, I'd be comfortable taking something with <2m draft in there most days. As long as you can do 5 knots + under motor anyway. (We failed to sail our little Nacra cat up against the start of the ebb the one day, only time I've come to a standstill trying to sail into current.)

I wouldn't bother though - Andersons Bay is actually pretty sheltered from anything except a NE - and even a big NE doesn't have enough fetch to get any sizeable waves. Just anchor near the old pier overnight. Too many people there to want to anchor there for more than a day or so.

Another place where successive government's housing policies have driven prices up beyond comprehension. Aussie government blows it again - someone should start a thread on it...