• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LB 15

• Melibob

• The Dark Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're not in Lockdown yet, not even close.

New Zealand is not one of the shocking examples I quote .. The New Zealand economy is expected to achieve real GDP growth of 5.7% in 2021-22, to reach $259.6 billion. New Zealand has outperformed

I just found out if you put Jack on ignore this 68 page thread becomes 3 pages...

Posted Images

I'm one of the Aussies abroad trying to get back home and the latest issue a lot of us have noticed is that <someone> has changed our responses on the Covid DFAT site from 'I am seeking to return to Australia within the next 2 months' to 'I am not seeking to return to Australia at this time'.  It seems to have happened to hundreds of us at least!

Fucking ScuMo trying to cook the books and fuck us all over even more!

7 minutes ago, Torsten said:

I'm one of the Aussies abroad trying to get back home and the latest issue a lot of us have noticed is that <someone> has changed our responses on the Covid DFAT site from 'I am seeking to return to Australia within the next 2 months' to 'I am not seeking to return to Australia at this time'.  It seems to have happened to hundreds of us at least!

Another Jacky-boi fucking sock.

How many do you have?

12 minutes ago, Torsten said:

Trying to get back to Melbourne?

A bit primitive?

1 hour ago, Torsten said:

It didn't go unnoticed. They started that approach 2 weeks ago using a cold calling outfit contacting those registered. 

Posted 25 November

"Some shitfuckery afoot for those who have registered with DFAT. This has appeared on DFAT's Smart Traveller site.

Calls to Registered Australians

DFAT has started calling and texting people who have registered with a few short questions. 

The questions are looking to have people DE REGISTER if they are not intending to travel before Xmas.

ScoMo's promise of getting everyone home by Xmas is going to shit.... so make it look as though numbers stranded are reducing."

..and ignore Astro/Randumb...a trolling cunt.

3 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Should we go easy on him Jack, maybe he has issues we don't know about

Yes!

Today, Thursday the 3rd of December, is International Day of Disabled Persons.

We should encourage disabled children to express themselves and not discourage them

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Do they come sub titled for the intellectualy impaired now?

Shame on you Jack

31 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

It didn't go unnoticed. They started that approach 2 weeks ago using a cold calling outfit contacting those registered. 

Posted 25 November

"Some shitfuckery afoot for those who have registered with DFAT. This has appeared on DFAT's Smart Traveller site.

Calls to Registered Australians

DFAT has started calling and texting people who have registered with a few short questions. 

The questions are looking to have people DE REGISTER if they are not intending to travel before Xmas.

ScoMo's promise of getting everyone home by Xmas is going to shit.... so make it look as though numbers stranded are reducing."

..and ignore Astro/Randumb...a trolling cunt.

Ah gotcha.  Yeah I had one of those calls, and the tone of the questions was very much trying to delist you.  I didn't actually think they'd overwrite our answers off the back of that though.  Such a deceitful fucking shitshow he's running.

I also enquired about financial assistance options in the event of having to support multiple flight bookings and was referred to the smarttraveller site.  To be eligible you need to evidence where you need to prove you've pretty much begged from anyone and everyone else (including 4 friends and family!!) before they'll even consider it.  Cunts.  He just couldn't give a fuck about us.

51 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Have you got a airline seat yet and if so which airline and does it enter Aust at   Brisbane or Brisbane via Sydney??

Currently booked with Singapore direct into Brissie for 3-Jan  We were Bris via Syd but I think Singapore Air binned that route as there were a lot of us that got rebooked on the same day.

Singapore seem to be one of the most reliable options so fingers crossed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Well. Good luck. Keep trying. Who knows what's going on and how fast it will change. Get Jack to lobby the various govts

Thanks, we're in the process of packing up the house now so will see how we go.

My wife and I had Covid last month and I've heard of reduced quarantine for those who have tested positive previously / have antibodies so am also trying to get additional tests done to prove it!

44 minutes ago, Torsten said:

Currently booked with Singapore direct into Brissie for 3-Jan  We were Bris via Syd but I think Singapore Air binned that route as there were a lot of us that got rebooked on the same day.

Singapore seem to be one of the most reliable options so fingers crossed.

Singapore the best by country mile as they are an advocate for those with problems and are all over Dept of Transport morons who match seats to quarantine beds in each state. They also honour economy bookings and don't gouge at 11th hour.

They pack out the Singapore to Bris via Sydney route first as they get two cities quarantine beds on one flight which increases their return.

Your Sunday direct flight sounds like a fresh batch allocation of bookings not filling seats one by one. Maybe even a new previously unscheduled flight. Very promising but quarantine places is still the bottleneck and Qld quarantine places organisation is shit.

With Singapore inside 48 hours before take off without seat cancellation the fat lady is singing. 

Good luck. 

49 minutes ago, Torsten said:

I also enquired about financial assistance options in the event of having to support multiple flight bookings and was referred to the smarttraveller site.  To be eligible you need to evidence where you need to prove you've pretty much begged from anyone and everyone else (including 4 friends and family!!) before they'll even consider it.  Cunts.  He just couldn't give a fuck about us.

DFAT's advise via Embassy's to the financially vunerable is to set up a GoFundMe. 

Worse than cunts. 

You do realise that in order to get overseas acquired cases, some cunts have got to want to come from overseas to your shit-hole, right? 

And actually, I don't think WA is a shit-hole, but I get sick of your self-righteous, hypocritical, self-congratulatory wanking-off for what is, essentially, nothing that y'all have done but a quirk of good fortune and geography

13 hours ago, Torsten said:

He just couldn't give a fuck about us.

I feel for you mate but it isn't as much that he doesn't give a fuck about you, it is just that he collectively gives a fuck about the 25 million of us here and virus free. There are limitations to how many people can be safely quarantined at a time and it is what it is. There are strange days indeed and many people have had a lot worse than not being able to return home when they want happen to them this year. Clearly it is a major for you but to the vast number of Australians and those around the world Scomo gets a 10 out of 10 for his overall handling of the pandemic. I hope you do get home soon.

Jack is very focused on this issue at the moment, and Boris Johnson is gratefully enjoying the break. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I feel for you mate but it isn't as much that he doesn't give a fuck about you, it is just that he collectively gives a fuck about the 25 million of us here and virus free. There are limitations to how many people can be safely quarantined at a time and it is what it is.

". it isn't as much that he doesn't give a fuck about you,..There  are limitations to how many people can be safely quarantined at a time and it is what it is.

Horseshit "it is what it fucking is" LB. Pull your fucking head out of your arse.  

Feds own 'National Hotel Quarantine Review" dated 17 October, (National Cabinet Incl states was briefed on 23 October.) says the current quarantine shit is unsustainable and should be changed ASAP.

So a populist political decision still happening into month two by Morrison ALONE that fools get sucked in by. Science goes out the fucking window and your fellow Australians are fucked over.

So LB what is it? 

Sorry I didn't know?

OR

I'm still a ignorant selfish cunt?

On 11/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, jack_sparrow said:

GREAT that today on Insiders ABC talked 'Stranded Aussies'.

GREAT they referred to the States and Territories quarantine capacity of around 6,000 per week for ALL incoming persons (not just Aust nationals), being the BOTTLENECK.

GREAT they referred to the 'National Hotel Quarantine Review" dated 17 October by Jane Halton the Secretary of the Commonwealth Department of Health. National Cabinet was briefed by her in person on 23 October. 

Her report RECOMMENDS "home quarantine with tracking technology" and “federal quarantine facility” with “surge capacity” to get people home before “northern hemisphere winter”.  

BAD they DIDN'T mention Government has had the Halton report for over a month and DIDN'T emphasise Morrison has done nothing about it. 

32 minutes ago, Weyalan said:

You do realise that in order to get overseas acquired cases, some cunts have got to want to come from overseas to your shit-hole, right? 

And actually, I don't think WA is a shit-hole, but I get sick of your self-righteous, hypocritical, self-congratulatory wanking-off for what is, essentially, nothing that y'all have done but a quirk of good fortune and geography

Darth drinks the McGowan coolaid. He ignores the fact that we've had over 250 Covid cases since the start of May, all imported cases either in hotel quarantine of crew from foreign flagged ships.  Thankfully though we've had no community transmission for more than 7 months, however that hasn't stopped the McGowan govt introducing a mandatory "Safe WA" app that we must all download now to be able to get our coffee fix, grab a pint or sweat our asses off at the gym (amongst many other places) from tomorrow.  

Lots of people booking flights to and from Sydney & Melbourne for travel from next week now that both NSW & Vic have had no community transmission for 4 weeks, however that door could shut if there is any community transmission in Sydney from that Novotel Darling Harbour worker.

I find it incredible that the NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said " there were no concerns about hotel quarantine causing cases to creep into the community" https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-04/sydney-coronavirus-case-not-locally-transmitted/12949714

I'm sorry but isn't that how the Victorian 2nd wave started? Maybe the hotel worker is not from a big family and hence the risk of further community transmission is reduced.  Who knows? Time will tell I guess. I'll err on the side of caution before going to buy flight tickets to Sydney so Miss 4 can see her grandies.

14 minutes ago, Alhadder said:

I find it incredible that the NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said " there were no concerns about hotel quarantine causing cases to creep into the community" https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-04/sydney-coronavirus-case-not-locally-transmitted/12949714

I'm sorry but isn't that how the Victorian 2nd wave started?

Quarantine Hotels are a high risk source and will ALWAYS be. a high risk source like ANY form of quarantine.

Victoria's BIGGEST FAIL wasn't the hotel security guard issue. Noting that was compounded by putting infected meatworks employees into the same fucking hotel. 

The Victorian Govt BIGGEST FAIL was NOT having a contact/trace system with sufficient capacity' that could CONTROL any outbreak beyond a fart out of a bottle.

NSW has a robust contact/trace system and it is working.

That is why NSW Minister Brad Hazzard said " there were no concerns about hotel quarantine causing cases to creep into the community"

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

". it isn't as much that he doesn't give a fuck about you,..There  are limitations to how many people can be safely quarantined at a time and it is what it is.

Horseshit "it is what it fucking is" LB. Pull your fucking head out of your arse.  

Feds own 'National Hotel Quarantine Review" dated 17 October, (National Cabinet Incl states was briefed on 23 October.) says the current quarantine shit is unsustainable and should be changed ASAP.

So a populist political decision still happening into month two by Morrison ALONE that fools get sucked in by. Science goes out the fucking window and your fellow Australians are fucked over.

So LB what is it? 

Sorry I didn't know?

OR

I'm still a ignorant selfish cunt?

Well I respectfully disagree. I firmly believe that controlled quarantine is the way to go and that needs to be controlled by the Federal government. I know at least 5 people who have come home in the past 3 months. Sure it is a bit of a fuck around but that maybe because THERE IS A GLOBAL PANDEMIC UNDERWAY and a few things are not perfect. Go back to kicking Boris in the nuts. This flogged horse is dead.

And yes I am selfish and I am most certainly a cunt, but I will not tolerate being called ignorant!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Yep just 1 community transmission could have McClown shutting you out.

They are not alone. QLD premier Field Marshall Janette Young will slam the gate shut if someone sneezes.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fixed

Rolling on the cot floor crying.

I hope your nappy isn't leaking like your brain. 

You upset I have a lot more life left ahead of me than you?

Or just jealous we are having such a good time over here?

We must admit we are bummed with how much of Australia doesn't have their shit together and that we have to use fucking QR codes as of tomorrow.

But I guess we'll put up with it to help you whiny cunts out by letting you travel to our great state.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Feds own 'National Hotel Quarantine Review" dated 17 October, (National Cabinet Incl states was briefed on 23 October.) says the current quarantine shit is unsustainable and should be changed ASAP....

Well I respectfully disagree. I firmly believe that controlled quarantine is the way to go and that needs to be controlled by the Federal government. ...

...And yes I am selfish and I am most certainly a cunt, but I will not tolerate being called ignorant!

"I firmly believe that controlled quarantine is the way to go and that needs to be controlled  by the Federal government."

LB you can firmly BELIEVE yourself for as long as you like.

Last time I looked you aren't the cunt running the country and failing on this bit. Last time I looked ScoMo is not a health expert.

I would rather BELIEVE Jane Halton, the Sec Comm Depart of Health, ex WHO, member US National Academy of Medicine and winner of the Geneva Health Medal;  whose Report to ScoMo recommends "controlled quarantine" and "controlled  by the Federal government."

:lol::lol::lol:

"I will not tolerate being called ignorant!"

Ignorance is replying without reading.

Ignorance is not knowing when to fold when given the opportunity to do so gracefully. 

LB now you 'look' like a dumb ignorant cunt. I don't like that 'look'. It disturbs me. 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:
5 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Yep just 1 community transmission could have McClown shutting you out.

They are not alone. QLD premier Field Marshall Janette Young will slam the gate shut if someone sneezes.

Now think about that and this.

"controlled by the Federal government"

34 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

...Last time I looked ScoMo is not a health expert.

I would rather BELIEVE Jane Halton, the Sec Comm Depart of Health, ex WHO, member US National Academy of Medicine and winner of the Geneva Health Medal;  whose Report to ScoMo recommends "controlled quarantine" and "controlled  by the Federal government."

Yep these cunts are fucking hilarious.

Yes David Littleproud MP · Member for Maranoa, Queensland. 

That moron would be equally at home sitting around Palaszczuk's cabinet table who when not closing borders fucked up the Fraser bushfire response, a “dismal failure” that has seen it burnt to a fucking crisp. 

All cunts.

11 hours ago, Weyalan said:

We did the hard yards. Though I totally understand that us and the Kiwis behaving like we won the America's cup must be a little grating, I think we can be allowed a little self congratulation for dodging this bullet. It required a little more than a quirk of good fortune and geography. Good leadership, basic intelligence and co operation helped. (And next year I'll go back to despising ScoMo and everything he stands for)

Stand down. Looks like the Sydney case is a one off and you can visit Grandma for Christmas.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-04/sydney-coronavirus-case-not-locally-transmitted-from-us/12949714

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard says genomic sequencing has confirmed the COVID-19 strain found in a Sydney hotel worker originated from the United States, likely from a self-isolating airline crew.

Key points:

• The hotel worker case broke NSW's run of 26 days without a local case
  • NSW Health has confirmed the case was picked up in a quarantine hotel, not from the local community
  • Health Minister Brad Hazzard said it was a "massive relief"

Mr Hazzard said the Minto woman's infection was something of a "twilight zone case" because of the mystery of the source, but pathology results returned on Friday afternoon confirmed its origins.

He said the results were "extremely reassuring".

"We had an air crew who were self-isolating in the Novotel, somehow the person doing the domestic work there got the virus from a member of that particular crew," Mr Hazzard said.

Investigations are continuing into the case and the specific source of the infection, but NSW did not record any other new local infections on Friday.

NSW Health said no further cases had been identified so far.

36 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

, I think we can be allowed a little self congratulation for dodging this bullet.

So chalking up 90% of the national death toll and closing down state and international borders to then fuck countless businesses and people's lives Australia wide and overseas.... you call "dodging a bullet" and think you deserve a little "self congratulation".

You are fucked in the head. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I feel for you mate but it isn't as much that he doesn't give a fuck about you, it is just that he collectively gives a fuck about the 25 million of us here and virus free. There are limitations to how many people can be safely quarantined at a time and it is what it is. There are strange days indeed and many people have had a lot worse than not being able to return home when they want happen to them this year. Clearly it is a major for you but to the vast number of Australians and those around the world Scomo gets a 10 out of 10 for his overall handling of the pandemic. I hope you do get home soon.

Jack is very focused on this issue at the moment, and Boris Johnson is gratefully enjoying the break. 

Yeah I completely get that we are the small minority in all this and the masses take priority, but it's just the constant stream of double standards, shunning science, mis-management and general clusterfucks that are pissing me off.  But I guess that's just politics anyway.

13 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

"I firmly believe that controlled quarantine is the way to go and that needs to be controlled  by the Federal government."

LB you can firmly BELIEVE yourself for as long as you like.

Last time I looked you aren't the cunt running the country and failing on this bit. Last time I looked ScoMo is not a health expert.

:lol::lol::lol:

"I will not tolerate being called ignorant!"

Ignorance is replying without reading.

Ignorance is not knowing when to fold when given the opportunity to do so gracefully. 

LB now you 'look' like a dumb ignorant cunt. I don't like that 'look'. It disturbs me. 

You see Jack having a different view from you doesn't make one ignorant, particularly when you are off on one of your ranting, cut and pasting crusades. In this case agreeing with you would be ignorant of reality. You are in fact acting like one of Allan Jones's covid denighing acolytes, grasping at one 'expert' opinion while ignoring all other because it suits your argument. You can believe that bringing home a few thousand people (who choose to stay living overseas until it didn't suit them anymore) is the biggest issue facing the country, but for the rest of us it is keeping the virus out. And if that means a few don't get home for the sky fairy holiday then I for one have some sympathy but in reality I don't give a fuck. 

I am amused at how you find Jane Halton's CV of working at the WHO so reassuring. By pushing the idea that Australians should be trusted to self quarantine she is demonstrating that despite not working for WHO anymore she is still in the employ of China.

Scomo has a country to run. He has stood head and shoulders above all world leaders during this crisis as our success demonstrates.. Dropping everything to help out some cunts who were too selfish to come home earlier isn't, and shouldn't be, a priority. Making sure that some entitled fuckwit who comes home from OS and then breaks quarantine and kills a few thousand elderly is.

I think you all should be quarantined on Manus island and guarded by the special forces guys named in the Brereton report.

Or better still, if you like living overseas so much, then fucking stay there.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

How good is being stranded overseas now at Christmas without your loved ones and they seperated from you?

ScoMo has just posted this tweet especially to make you all feel better. 

I think he just set the 'fucking unbelievable cunt' record.

EoZGhJpVEAEeEDj.jpeg

How dare the Prime Minister put up xmas decorations with his family, when there are entitled cunts still living in London who have now changed their minds. It is outrageous. 

Deep breaths Jack, deep breaths.

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You see Jack having a different view from you doesn't make one ignorant,..

You should have stopped there ....it is not my view you disagree with. Take it up with Jane Halton, the Secretary Commonwealth Department of Health. 

I'm sure you have met at healthcare conferences and know each other well.

20 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Quarantine Hotels are a high risk source and will ALWAYS be. a high risk source like ANY form of quarantine.

Victoria's BIGGEST FAIL wasn't the hotel security guard issue. Noting that was compounded by putting infected meatworks employees into the same fucking hotel. 

The Victorian Govt BIGGEST FAIL was NOT having a contact/trace system with sufficient capacity' that could CONTROL any outbreak beyond a fart out of a bottle.

NSW has a robust contact/trace system and it is working.

That is why NSW Minister Brad Hazzard said " there were no concerns about hotel quarantine causing cases to creep into the community"

No Jack you will just have to sit on your arse in a hotel like everyone else has. You are 'special' but not in the way you think.

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You should have stopped there ....it is not my view you disagree with. Take it up with Jane Halton, the Secretary Commonwealth Department of Health. 

I'm sure you have met at healthcare conferences and know each other well.

If only you had coached the Wallabies to a Bledisloe cup victory and are a closet gay you could have your own talk back radio show.

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why would I need to sit in a hotel, let alone a quarantine hotel?? 

On the piss early today?

I was under the impression that you had a dog in this fight. Why else would you sit up all night pounding the keyboard, google searching and cut and pasting?

Wait. I just remembered the Hobart AIS thread. It is what you do.

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

EoZGhJpVEAEeEDj.thumb.jpeg.5351d297e53aa95892ce42932f15f25b.jpeg

How dare the Prime Minister put up xmas decorations with his family, when there are entitled cunts still living in London who have now changed their minds. It is outrageous. 

Deep breaths Jack, deep breaths.

Show that your sons best friend when he hears his Canadian girlfriend has been bumped off that plane she is booked to arrive on before Xmas.

He will run out out breath pissing himself laughing.

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:
9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why would I need to sit in a hotel, let alone a quarantine hotel?? 

On the piss early today?

I was under the impression that you had a dog in this fight.

I have more than one dog in this fight. 

One dog made it, some haven't. 

That probably makes me conflicted you will now say?

You have moved quickly past dickhead today.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

I have more than one dog in this fight. 

That probably makes me conflicted you will now say?

Well so much for the polite approach.Tough tities Jack. For you this is clearly an all consuming issue. For the other 99.9999999999% of the population it falls right into the don't give a fuck basket. So some members of your family decided it would be nice to come home for Christmas and so the Australian Government should drop everything, trust the opinion of one person and risk a third wave of the pandemic. 

There are 900 people who will be looking sadly at an empty place at the christmas lunch table this year because that person is dead, not on a jolly overseas and can't get home. But you are clearly happy for that number to be in the thousands next year, just so you can have your way.

You are a selfish cunt jack. The stupid is strong with you today.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

She boards in the next few hours. I think they only bump you cunts that stand at the counter yelling at the staff about your 'Rights'.  

That airline seat is nothing, over 20K arrive every week with no-one in them. 

But you are forgetting the triple header she scored;

- A Visa, 

- Exemption for a foriegn national to enter Australia; and

- One of only 70 state quarantine beds available that day out of only 1,200 left before Xmas so to be out 6 days before Xmas.

And all this not having ANY relatives in Australia and probably NOT knowing a soul other than the one she has slept with.

Wow you really should share that experience of equity with the families of the more than 37,000 who are stranded, some since March. Call it a Xmas gift from you.

They would love to hear from you. 

11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

That airline seat is nothing, over 20K arrive every week with no-one in them. 

But you are forgetting the triple header she scored;

- A Visa, 

- Exemption for a foriegn national to enter Australia; and

- One of only 70 state quarantine beds available that day out of only 1,200 left before Xmas so to be out 6 days before Xmas.

And all this not having ANY relatives in Australia and probably NOT knowing a soul other than the one she has slept with.

Wow you really should share that experience of equity with the families of the more than 37,000 who are stranded, some since March. Call it a Xmas gift from you.

Have you got there phone numbers? I will text them a pic of her. She is smokin...

Life isn't fair Jack. That is why some people are born short or ugly or a ranger or in victoria.

Life wasn't meant to be easy. I will post again when she has boarded. I will see you at the airport when she lands.

Funny Airport Pick Up Signs That Offer A Warm Welcome

45 minutes ago, LB 15 said:
55 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I have more than one dog in this fight. 

That probably makes me conflicted you will now say?

Well so much for the polite approach.Tough tities Jack... 

...So some members of your family decided it would be nice to come home for Christmas ..

You have already jumped the shark. 

One Canadian trumps 37k+ Australians and trump's the desires of hundreds of thousands they know, making Australian citizenship in Australia worthless.

You really should share that thought with your friends and fellow Australians.

Bet you don't. 

54 minutes ago, LB 15 said:
1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

..And all this not having ANY relatives in Australia and probably NOT knowing a soul other than the one she has slept with.

Have you got there phone numbers? I will text them a pic of her. She is smokin...

I will see you at the airport when she lands.

Funny Airport Pick Up Signs That Offer A Warm Welcome

"Have you got there phone numbers? I will  text them a pic of her. She is smokin...'

LB now you are being really fucking stupid. 

That is hundreds of thousands of family/friends numbers. Join their social media 'abandoned Australians' groups... far easier and more intimate.

She is also Canadian not Italian and you can't meet untested smokin anyone at the airport. You would then fuck Australia with another outbreak. 

Text your friends NOW.

Don't forget your message supporting;

"One Canadian trumps 37k+ Australians and trump's the desires of hundreds of thousands they know, making Australian citizenship in Australia worthless."

48 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

One Canadian trumps 37k+ Australians and trump's the desires of hundreds of thousands they know, making Australian citizenship in Australia worthless.

You really should share that thought with your friends and fellow Australians.

Bet you don't. 

50 minutes ago, mad said:

This is one of those moments you walk into a bar and walk straight back out. Carry on gents. :lol:

Mate it is safe now.

He has run out of puff now, moving from writing recipes for 'stupid soup' to now using memes from Randumb's collection.

Now deleting all his phone contacts to avoid even more stupid with friends.

It's all over. 

Oh and BTW Jack - you can take that recommendation for home isolation, fold it into a nice pointed star, and shove it up your arse.

In a world full of considerate & sensible people, that'd work fine.

In *this* world, it only takes one infected one to start the shit all over again. And guess what, we've already seen people do a runner from the quarantine hotels because they needed to get out, needed a smoke, whatever.

I'm highly sympathetic to peoples' need to come back home, and fully supportive of more quarantine beds being available, but home isolation? Forget it.

Disclosure: I had to self-isolate when I returned from NSW to Tasmania, but I could prove that I lived on acreage out of town and was happy for the cops to come check on me. Which they did. And I stayed put for the 2 weeks, not even going out to my boat which is in the bay right out the front of my place.

FKT

13 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

So chalking up 90% of the national death toll and closing down state and international borders to then fuck countless businesses and people's lives Australia wide and overseas.... you call "dodging a bullet" and think you deserve a little "self congratulation".

Pull your head out of your navel, I was referring to Australians in general not Victorians in particular.:rolleyes:

On 12/2/2020 at 11:44 AM, LB 15 said:

She should go and live in china...wait. She can't. They don't allow carpet munching in that progressive utopia.

Why? She was born in Malaysia of an Australian mother.

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Oh and BTW Jack - you can take that recommendation for home isolation, fold it into a nice pointed star, and shove it up your arse...

..I'm highly sympathetic to peoples' need to come back home, and fully supportive of more quarantine beds being available, but home isolation? Forget it....

"..you can take that recommendation for home isolation, fold it into a nice pointed star, and  shove it up your arse."

Let's shoot the messenger.

NOT MY recommendation, zip up to Canberra and take lots of stars as it is the Health Departments recommendation.

Then read their Report or even my post they say current set up is 'unsustainable'. Electronic monitoring of 'self isolation' is also NOT the ONLY recommendation.

The scientific advise from these people afterall is what has put Australia in a good place, notwithstanding the constraints of State implementation, some abominable. Why does that scientific advice suddenly have NO currency?

As to current set up.

If 'unsustainable' what is added 'risk' over time?

If 'unsustainable' what then is your solution?

Give them a ring I'm sure they will be all ears.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:
15 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Pull your head out of your navel, I was referring to Australians in general not Victorians in particular.:rolleyes:

Yes you did and included Victoria in your self congratulations.

That congratulations you are inviting, your Government DOESN'T deserve, in fact some believe those responsible should be behind bars.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

We did the hard yards. Though I totally understand that us and the Kiwis behaving like we won the America's cup must be a little grating, I think we can be allowed a little self congratulation for dodging this bullet. It required a little more than a quirk of good fortune and geography. Good leadership, basic intelligence and co operation helped. (And next year I'll go back to despising ScoMo and everything he stands for)

14 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes you did and included Victoria in your self congratulations.

That congratulations you are inviting, your Government DOESN'T deserve, in fact some believe those responsible should be behind bars.

Why is it that whenever I take you off ignore, I have this almost instantaneous regret?

Oh..I know. Your lies become tedious. 

Or perhaps it's madness. All I know is that I've never come across a poster quite as demented as you are.

Hmmm. Maybe Mo comes close.

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Join their social media 'abandoned Australians' groups...

I would last about as long on those pages as I did on the Jetski Australia page, the No vax page and the engineers for 911 truth page.

My FB record is 3 posts before being punted.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

"..you can take that recommendation for home isolation, fold it into a nice pointed star, and  shove it up your arse."

Let's shoot the messenger.

NOT MY recommendation, zip up to Canberra and take lots of stars as it is the Health Departments recommendation.

Then read their Report or even my post they say current set up is 'unsustainable'. Electronic monitoring of 'self isolation' is also NOT the ONLY recommendation.

The scientific advise from these people afterall is what has put Australia in a good place, notwithstanding the constraints of State implementation, some abominable. Why does that scientific advice suddenly have NO currency?

As to current set up.

If 'unsustainable' what is added 'risk' over time?

If 'unsustainable' what then is your solution?

Give them a ring I'm sure they will be all ears.

Nah - can't be bothered. They're politicians, been there done that.

Need more quarantine beds ASAP. Once that policy decision is made, it's all logistics and costs. The difficulty is in getting that decision to be made, so by all means pile on the pressure.

But do not even mention self-isolation because it's already been demonstrated that some people will not follow the rules, thereby fucking over everyone else.

It's a Fed Govt responsibility - fuck the States.

FKT

Why is it that whenever I take you off ignore, I have this almost instantaneous regret?

You should get one of these fancy mouse with this little wheel on it.

Oh..I know. Your lies become tedious. 

Or perhaps it's madness. All I know is that I've never come across a poster quite as demented as you are.

Hmmm. Maybe Mo comes close.

He's right though - the Victorian Government fucked the dog big-time on this.

And one has a choice in beliefs now - either the entire senior level of the Vic PS is incompetent and has NFI how decisions of great importance get made.

Or they're lying.

FKT

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Dan Andrews has really turned that state on its side.

actually, that's last year's photo.

A small hurricane this afternoon flew this years Santa, Liam's greenhouse and Lauren's blue reindeer somewhere toward the south  pole. :(

4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

He's right though - the Victorian Government fucked the dog big-time on this.

And one has a choice in beliefs now - either the entire senior level of the Vic PS is incompetent and has NFI how decisions of great importance get made.

Or they're lying.

FKT

Or

shit happens in a once in a hundred year pandemic event. Mistakes will be made.

It was bound to happens somewhere somehow.. We just gave everyone else a heads up on just how bloody contagious this thing is.

Sharper than a serpents tooth etc :)

It's done, the electorate is forgiving, The followers of O'Brien will just have to slink away and suck it up.

I don't really care as long as we are all on top of it now..for now.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Or

shit happens in a once in a hundred year pandemic event. Mistakes will be made.

It was bound to happens somewhere somehow.. We just gave everyone else a heads up on just how bloody contagious this thing is.

Sharper than a serpents tooth etc :)

It's done, the electorate is forgiving, The followers of O'Brien will just have to slink away and suck it up.

I don't really care as long as we are all on top of it now..for now.

Agree that shit happens. Also agree that mistakes get made.

I'm not so forgiving of what's either gross incompetence at the decision-making level or outright lying to cover arses.

We'll see what comes out of the Commission report but were I doing it, I'd recommend dismissal for all of them who were senior enough to make that decision WRT using contractors, were part of the meetings, yet cannot remember who put forward the suggestion, who accepted it and who acted on it. IF they truly did not know, they SHOULD have known - that's what they get the big bucks for.

That is not good enough and I don't give a fuck what political party did it. The punishment needs to be exemplary - too many people died and too much damage was done to the economy to just shrug it off with a 'meh - shit happens'.

The reason you'd like that is because it's your people who fucked the dog and you only believe in accountability when it's the Lib/Nats making the mistakes.

FKT

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Agree that shit happens. Also agree that mistakes get made.

I'm not so forgiving of what's either gross incompetence at the decision-making level or outright lying to cover arses.

We'll see what comes out of the Commission report but were I doing it, I'd recommend dismissal for all of them who were senior enough to make that decision WRT using contractors, were part of the meetings, yet cannot remember who put forward the suggestion, who accepted it and who acted on it. IF they truly did not know, they SHOULD have known - that's what they get the big bucks for.

That is not good enough and I don't give a fuck what political party did it. The punishment needs to be exemplary - too many people died and too much damage was done to the economy to just shrug it off with a 'meh - shit happens'.

The reason you'd like that is because it's your people who fucked the dog and you only believe in accountability when it's the Lib/Nats making the mistakes.

FKT

No, I'm just thankful it's under control for the moment. You will note I haven't gone after SA Premier, nor Gladys. 

The deaths mostly occurred in nursing homes on ScoMo's watch but I haven't really gone after Colbeck either.

Though :rolleyes:

Australia’s aged care minister, Richard Colbeck, has said he does not feel personally responsible for the nearly 700 coronavirus-related deaths that have occurred across the sector and wants to keep his job in the forthcoming reshuffle.

Labor has seized on a series of scandals to intensify pressure on the Coalition for failing to release draft legislation to set up a national integrity commission – but Scott Morrison argued last week he did not want one public servant diverted from the Covid-19 response.

In the Senate’s Community Affairs Legislation Committee, the Labor senator Kristina Keneally questioned what she saw as a lack of ministerial accountability for the deadly coronavirus outbreaks in aged care.

Colbeck informed the committee that the total number of Australians who had died in all types of aged care was 691, of whom 683 were residents of residential care – a contrast from a hearing in August when he was unable to immediately answer a similar question.

Asked if he felt a sense of ministerial responsibility for the aged care deaths, Colbeck replied: “I don’t feel responsible personally for the deaths that have occurred, as tragic as they all are, which have been caused by Covid-19.”

Maybe one should.

Some things are too big for political wrangling at the moment IMHO. Well, at least when everyone is trying to do their best.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

No, I'm just thankful it's under control for the moment. You will note I haven't gone after SA Premier, nor Gladys. 

The deaths mostly occurred in nursing homes on ScoMo's watch but I haven't really gone after Colbeck either.

Though :rolleyes:

Australia’s aged care minister, Richard Colbeck, has said he does not feel personally responsible for the nearly 700 coronavirus-related deaths that have occurred across the sector and wants to keep his job in the forthcoming reshuffle.

Maybe one should.

Some things are too big for political wrangling IMHO. Well, at least when everyone is trying to do their best.

Too big for political wrangling is one thing.

Giving people in authority a pass for preventable mistakes and ducking accountability is another. I don't see that as political wrangling at all, I see it as good governance.

This 'nobody really made the decision' line is an insult to everyone's intelligence. Try that in any organisation that actually values good governance and you'll find everyone involved gets fired.

FKT

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Too big for political wrangling is one thing.

Giving people in authority a pass for preventable mistakes and ducking accountability is another. I don't see that as political wrangling at all, I see it as good governance.

This 'nobody really made the decision' line is an insult to everyone's intelligence. Try that in any organisation that actually values good governance and you'll find everyone involved gets fired.

FKT

agreed.

• Like 1