• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

Oh…..I got stories…… ‘One of our beach towns had a crazy local everybody called “The French Lady”. I think she was homeless but not sure. She was thin….complete grey hair worn in a big single bra

glad we don't have to watch Keith moon ...

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

While everybody loves the bombastic Whitney Houston cover, I have always loved Dolly's simple, pure rendition of her work.

Why gild a lily?

A great story behind the song.

you mean the one where elvis wanted to record it but insisted on 1/2 songwriting credit and dolly said no?  that took some strong minded lady balls right there.

21 hours ago, Willin' said:

That reminds me of a guy I worked with back in the late 70s that said  he was going into the delivery room with an 8 mm movie camera while his wife was birthing his first child to film the whole miraculous event. Several of us commented that's a movie I don't ever need to see.

He said "NO, No! I'm going to film it TASTEFULLY!"

They wanted Missus BB to have an epidural, to be awake, and me to participate!!  We both declined!

1 hour ago, chester said:

you mean the one where elvis wanted to record it but insisted on 1/2 songwriting credit and dolly said no?  that took some strong minded lady balls right there.

Actually I was referring to the story that Dolly tells in the beginning of her video.  Porter Wagoner was a stand up fella.  But the Elvis story is good too, I hadn't heard that before.

I have heard that Dolly is one of the smartest women in show business and I believe it.  A small woman with a big brain, big balls and a beautiful voice.  

Here is an interesting collaboration on another of her famous songs, also based on her life.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Dolly Parton gave $1,000,000 to help fund Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine.  

She can also sing.

Meanwhile, Linda Ronstadt could sing anything and Emily Lou Harris is possible the best harmonizer on the planet.

Article about Dolly and the donation:

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Dolly-Parton-helped-fund-Moderna-s-vaccine-It-15735754.php

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Actually I was referring to the story that Dolly tells in the beginning of her video.  Porter Wagoner was a stand up fella.  But the Elvis story is good too, I hadn't heard that before.

I have heard that Dolly is one of the smartest women in show business and I believe it.  A small woman with a big brain, big balls and a beautiful voice.  

Here is an interesting collaboration on another of her famous songs, also based on her life.

I heard the elvis story in  asegment from CBC radio 1's "Sunday Edition" program in 2014.   you can listen to it here:https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/the-sunday-edition-for-january-27-2019-1.4989313/robert-harris-s-profile-of-musical-bombshell-dolly-parton-1.4991628

But to your point about Dolly's brains and acumen, in the podcast Robert Harris notes that the location of Dollywood across from the main entrance of the smokey mountain national park is no accident.  In 2014 Dolly was 68 and had just performed at Glastonbury!  Also Harris claims that she has written something like 4000 songs.

Sol just posted thgis in the cleavage thread

41FB635F-B12F-46CE-9CED-856A16115FF1.jpeg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

God God that Robert Harris is annoying.  His 20 Pieces of Music that Changed the World too three years on the Sunday Edition from start to finish. 

I always enjoyed his sundy edition bits.  I still remember and retell the dolly stories after hearing it in 2014.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:01 AM, chester said:

I heard the elvis story in  asegment from CBC radio 1's "Sunday Edition" program in 2014.   you can listen to it here:https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/the-sunday-edition-for-january-27-2019-1.4989313/robert-harris-s-profile-of-musical-bombshell-dolly-parton-1.4991628

But to your point about Dolly's brains and acumen, in the podcast Robert Harris notes that the location of Dollywood across from the main entrance of the smokey mountain national park is no accident.  In 2014 Dolly was 68 and had just performed at Glastonbury!  Also Harris claims that she has written something like 4000 songs.

Sol just posted thgis in the cleavage thread

41FB635F-B12F-46CE-9CED-856A16115FF1.jpeg

Dolly is that rarest of people - a megastar who no-one has ever said a bad word about.

At least I've never heard one said over the past 45 or so years.

A genuinely good and nice person as well as a huge talent.

Best line I ever heard from her - about her stage "look"

"It takes a lot of time and money to look this cheap" :D

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

The growth is exponential, get in on the ground floor.

Wait....

Is it "Let's eat grandma" or Let's eat, grandma"?

2 hours ago, Windward said:

With a storm forecast way in advance, why would this adventure seeking sailor not take off the sails?

Crazy.

Just a random punt looking at the boat, but I think this guys idea of adventure if different to yours.

I'm guessing that your idea of adventure involves getting to your destination in one piece.

4 hours ago, Windward said:

With a storm forecast way in advance, why would this adventure seeking sailor not take off the sails?

Crazy.

How would he be able to head out into it without sails?

Comedians on Zoom Keep Getting Interrupted by Penis-Flashing Perverts

Performers and audience members have observed a steady rise in perverted behaviour in the past year.

In the Detroit area it was illegally dumped electro-plating fluid.  Owner went to prison and clean-up cost is over $4 million.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/environment/source-green-ooze-be-demolished-owner-leave-prison-early 

green goo ooze on I696.webp

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I do notte remebber Linus gonig downe on Peppermintte Pattey..................                     :)

Pattty never had the kind of personal maintenance that would encourage me that way.

Besides being a 1" tall cartoon character.

this is how you end up with manbearpig

Scientists in China have successfully brought to term piglets injected with monkey stem cells for the first time, bringing researchers one step closer to one day growing human organs inside of animals.

The pig-monkey chimeras – an organism derived from two or more zygotes, or the eukaryotic cell formed during fertilization that contains essential DNA – were born in the Chinese lab Key Laboratory of Stem Cell and Reproductive Biology and looked otherwise normal.

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

this is how you end up with manbearpig

The pigs organs are most compatible in size for transplant into humans according to my transplant colleagues

My son did a summer meteorology class in the Colorado Rocky Mtns and they noticed some squirrels in the area acting "drunk" and the park ranger told them that the squirrels were "tripping balls after eating the local mushrooms".  

51 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

-- competitive breakdancing -- will be a sport at the 2024 Paris Olympics

let me know when they add competitive pole dancing or stripping..

Do you know how breakdancing was invented?

It was a couple of kids from Compton trying to steal hubcaps from moving cars!

58 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

-- competitive breakdancing -- will be a sport at the 2024 Paris Olympics

Makes a lot more sense than Olympic ballroom dancing.

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

let me know when they add competitive pole dancing or stripping..

1 hour ago, silent bob said:

Do you know how breakdancing was invented?

It was a couple of kids from Compton trying to steal hubcaps from moving cars!

Do you know how asshole is defined?

Well, you just did it.

• Like 1
On 12/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Scientists in China have successfully brought to term piglets injected with monkey stem cells for the first time, bringing researchers one step closer to one day growing human organs inside of animals.

The pig-monkey chimeras – an organism derived from two or more zygotes, or the eukaryotic cell formed during fertilization that contains essential DNA – were born in the Chinese lab Key Laboratory of Stem Cell and Reproductive Biology and looked otherwise normal.

Oh great.  Now we will have monkeys who can fling pig shit.  

• Like 1

finally a bilionaire who gets it..

World’s richest woman Mackenzie Scott has been busy sloughing off her fortune since divorcing Amazon titan Jeff Bezos last year, to the tune of a billion dollars a month over the past four months.

She kicked that off at the end of July, giving away $1.7 billion, mainly to groups promoting racial and gender equity, public health, education and economic parity, including an unprecedented $40 million donation to Howard University. Scott also shed the Bezos name she had held during 25 years of marriage, and pledged to give away even more.

Even so, by September of this year she had overtaken three other women to become the wealthiest woman in the world, listed in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index as worth $67.4 billion. And now, according to Vox, she can’t give it away fast enough.

now, according to Vox, she can’t give it away fast enough.

Gates said in an interview he had an epiphany when he realized he essentially had infinite wealth - it came in faster than he could get rid of it.

Sounds like she's the same.

41 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

finally a bilionaire who gets it..

41 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

inally a bilionaire who gets it..

World’s richest woman Mackenzie Scott has been busy sloughing off her fortune since divorcing Amazon titan Jeff Bezos last year, to the tune of a billion dollars a month over the past four months.

She kicked that off at the end of July, giving away $1.7 billion, mainly to groups promoting racial and gender equity, public health, education and economic parity, including an unprecedented $40 million donation to Howard University. Scott also shed the Bezos name she had held during 25 years of marriage, and pledged to give away even more.

Even so, by September of this year she had overtaken three other women to become the wealthiest woman in the world, listed in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index as worth $67.4 billion. And now, according to Vox, she can’t give it away fast enough.

Werre talkling monney hearre.......             ritte?                                     :)

• Like 3