• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

The very rare and endangered Labrador Seal.  

glad we don't have to watch Keith moon ...

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

this is how you end up with manbearpig

The pigs organs are most compatible in size for transplant into humans according to my transplant colleagues

My son did a summer meteorology class in the Colorado Rocky Mtns and they noticed some squirrels in the area acting "drunk" and the park ranger told them that the squirrels were "tripping balls after eating the local mushrooms".  

51 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

-- competitive breakdancing -- will be a sport at the 2024 Paris Olympics

let me know when they add competitive pole dancing or stripping..

Do you know how breakdancing was invented?

It was a couple of kids from Compton trying to steal hubcaps from moving cars!

58 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

-- competitive breakdancing -- will be a sport at the 2024 Paris Olympics

Makes a lot more sense than Olympic ballroom dancing.

1 hour ago, silent bob said:

Do you know how breakdancing was invented?

It was a couple of kids from Compton trying to steal hubcaps from moving cars!

Do you know how asshole is defined?

Well, you just did it.

• Like 1
On 12/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Scientists in China have successfully brought to term piglets injected with monkey stem cells for the first time, bringing researchers one step closer to one day growing human organs inside of animals.

The pig-monkey chimeras – an organism derived from two or more zygotes, or the eukaryotic cell formed during fertilization that contains essential DNA – were born in the Chinese lab Key Laboratory of Stem Cell and Reproductive Biology and looked otherwise normal.

Oh great.  Now we will have monkeys who can fling pig shit.  

• Like 1

finally a bilionaire who gets it..

World’s richest woman Mackenzie Scott has been busy sloughing off her fortune since divorcing Amazon titan Jeff Bezos last year, to the tune of a billion dollars a month over the past four months.

She kicked that off at the end of July, giving away $1.7 billion, mainly to groups promoting racial and gender equity, public health, education and economic parity, including an unprecedented $40 million donation to Howard University. Scott also shed the Bezos name she had held during 25 years of marriage, and pledged to give away even more.

Even so, by September of this year she had overtaken three other women to become the wealthiest woman in the world, listed in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index as worth $67.4 billion. And now, according to Vox, she can’t give it away fast enough.

now, according to Vox, she can’t give it away fast enough.

Gates said in an interview he had an epiphany when he realized he essentially had infinite wealth - it came in faster than he could get rid of it.

Sounds like she's the same.

41 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

41 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

inally a bilionaire who gets it..

World’s richest woman Mackenzie Scott has been busy sloughing off her fortune since divorcing Amazon titan Jeff Bezos last year, to the tune of a billion dollars a month over the past four months.

She kicked that off at the end of July, giving away $1.7 billion, mainly to groups promoting racial and gender equity, public health, education and economic parity, including an unprecedented $40 million donation to Howard University. Scott also shed the Bezos name she had held during 25 years of marriage, and pledged to give away even more.

Even so, by September of this year she had overtaken three other women to become the wealthiest woman in the world, listed in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index as worth $67.4 billion. And now, according to Vox, she can’t give it away fast enough.

Werre talkling monney hearre.......             ritte?                                     :)

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

So far averaging a little over a billion $ a month this fall.  No fancy foundation, just her and some phone calls apparently.

And she's become wealthier while doing it.  

Gates too.  He has 100's of people in charge of giving away the $30,000,000,000 he put into his foundation.  He can't stop raking it in.  

Capitalism run amok.

28 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

So far averaging a little over a billion $ a month this fall.  No fancy foundation, just her and some phone calls apparently.

And she's become wealthier while doing it.  

Gates too.  He has 100's of people in charge of giving away the $30,000,000,000 he put into his foundation.  He can't stop raking it in.  

Capitalism run amok.

Compound interest run amok.

8 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

This is why you should always look one more time before you post.

Eat friends.jpg

My mother did one like that at my cousin's wedding. When she saw Debbie in her wedding gown - with the groom - she said "You look good enough to eat".

39 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

a6Kv1Xm_460swp.webp

That’s one way to do it, though I’m at a loss to why.    It looks like a stick frame reroof on a timber frame barn, for the purpose of breeding termites?    The upside down joist hangers appear to screw the yellow pine to the heavy frame.    Rafters precisely fit in notches, so the guy knew how to use a saw.   
edit.   The rafters sit on the hangers and the top 2x is just blocking!!   They might go up to a proper ridge and the height was wrong  for the shown support wall?    This is just.....     unusual.   

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

dallas code enforcers would say that's funny and laugh,  then make you take it down giving you a nice red tag..

After living in San Antonio for 4 years and seeing the appalling lack of quality construction by some of the large home builders there, if that photo was from Texas it wouldn't surprise me at all.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

a6Kv1Xm_460swp.webp

It all started to go wrong when they set the beam at the wrong height.

That's what happens when you don't hire one of the good Mexican framing crews.  

I wonder if they ever re-nailed the sheathing, or just drove all those shiners and said "good enough"?

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

This is definitely NQR.  Alabama is right next to Florida...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-winery-busted-at-alabama-sewage-plant/

So is it good that they are making wine at the sewage treatment plant so they can get the freshest and cleanest water or  a horrible idea as a result of the possible cross contamination.  

also  Not sure where your going with your geography lesson, but bama also close to Georgia, Mississippi   And Tennessee, and Delkab county is a pretty long poke from Florida. 

2 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

Not sure where your going with your geography lesson, but bama also close to Georgia, Mississippi   And Tennessee, and Delkab county is a pretty long poke from Florida. 

Because if you heard that news without naming a state, most folks would say "Florida?"

Alabama borders on Florida. The county doesn't matter, we are describing behavior of people in the states in general.  It would be reasonable to believe that due to tectonic movements or some such thing, that Florida behavior would rub off on to neighboring states.  

Perhaps you are a lawyer?

On 12/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, Bugsy said:

^^^   I think that is a double-negative.  If you put the cross through something, it means 'no' or 'not'.  So no no Trumps?  Is that Yes Trumps?

You are correct!!  the red circle and slash should be affixed over the "Trumps" and not the "NO"....

I find this funny...   let's bring them to texas in  July / August..   if it drops below 90F by midnight, it's a good day

Increased heat in Mediterranean countries is making the traditional summer beach holiday season in late July and August untenable for many northern Europeans. Tropical nights, where the temperature does not drop below 20C, (68F) are increasing and a recognized danger to health.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I find this funny...   let's bring them to texas in  July / August..   if it drops below 90F by midnight, it's a good day

Yea, but Texas had to enslave people to make them live there.   After that failed they invented air conditioning.  

Trivia.   I have a vintage 1900 porch swing.   It folds down as a double wide cot.    City people up north, like my great grandparents, would sleep on their balconies at night.    Newspaper reports talked about people falling off tenement roofs and balconies during a New York heat wave, and being found on the pavement the next morning.   I don’t know what they did in the south.   

12 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

12 hours ago, Lark said:

I don’t know what they did in the south.   

uh,  we just turn on the air-conditioning...

Around 1960 on the Florida central coast, a few houses had room air conditioners. We had one in my parents room and in the living room. When it got too hot and humid, my sisters and I would camp out in the cooled living room. At my grand parents place In St Petersburg, we would sleep on the screened porch with a couple of fans. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

At my grand parents place In St Petersburg, we would sleep on the screened porch with a couple of fans.

In Japan sleepeng porches werre commone foire yeares, Greene & Greene ussed them in Gambelle House;

Gamble-House-3-945x596_6a869ee3613393ee3

(Doc Emmette Brownes house )

:)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Around 1960 on the Florida central coast, a few houses had room air conditioners. We had one in my parents room and in the living room. When it got too hot and humid, my sisters and I would camp out in the cooled living room. At my grand parents place In St Petersburg, we would sleep on the screened porch with a couple of fans.

The Spanish knew something about it hundreds of years ago.

In July '76 a friend & I were in Santa Barbara and came across the old mission. Went in to have a look and it felt like it was air conditioned. Until then I had no idea how effective those thick masonry walls were at stabilizing temperature.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2020 at 6:30 AM, Snaggletooth said:

In Japan sleepeng porches werre commone foire yeares, Greene & Greene ussed them in Gambelle House;

Gamble-House-3-945x596_6a869ee3613393ee3

Wouldn't work around here. My wife tried it years ago - when I came home from work around 2AM I found her sound asleep with a family of raccoons sniffing around her.

2 hours ago, view at the front said:

I was also told that in Architectural School.  I could never convince roofers to save their urine?

My mom had a sculptor friend who peed on his bronze castings in his studio backyard every night.  He achieved a very nice patina. 

No report on the aesthetic difference between asparagus and pineapple pee however.

12 hours ago, view at the front said:

A friend told me that my urine perhaps smells when I eat asparagus?

Try a 2 day delivery with more than 4 people.   Bring asparagus.

Report.

Result will inevitably be:   "Never ever bring asparagus again."

Denmark launches children's TV show about man with giant penis

Critics condemn idea of animated series about a man who cannot control his penis, but others have backed it

John Dillermand has an extraordinary penis. So extraordinary, in fact, that it can perform rescue operations, etch murals, hoist a flag and even steal ice-cream from children.

The Danish equivalent of the BBC, DR, has a new animated series aimed at four- to eight-year-olds about John Dillermand, the man with the world’s longest penis who overcomes hardships and challenges with his record-breaking genital