• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

glad we don't have to watch Keith moon ...

The very rare and endangered Labrador Seal.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, VWAP said:

38% of Americans would give up sex for a year just to travel again, survey finds

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/25/38percent-of-americans-would-give-up-sex-for-a-year-just-to-travel-again.html

probably the same 38% that don't have sex in a yr.

they sure do miss the buffet's on the cruise liners though...

• Like 3
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I can think of a lot of other things to do with her.

At your age, even thinking about it could be dangerous.  

Just sayin'.  Because you know, I care about you.  You will thank me later.

Just now, Point Break said:

No matter how bad your life is, it's still not as bad as a person who sits around worrying about the gender of a plastic potato. 

I dointe thicke they our worryeng, juste tryeng to come up with funney situationes.............               :)

36 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I dointe thicke they our worryeng, juste tryeng to come up with funney situationes.............               :)

I thicke there are some of each.  

I'm with PB but I do love that cartoon.

• Like 1
On 2/27/2021 at 2:31 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

when you buy that "cheap stuff" from overseas..

I changed out a boatload of these batteries in exit signs, never expected to see something like this!

26 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

if that was my truck , i would have done the same thing..       signs around here say  eco-friendly... 

Probably because some cities understand how truly stupid many people are! 

Or they learned the hard way and changed the signs because of folks like this person.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Or they learned the hard way and changed the signs because of folks like this person.  :lol:

Ed, they don't make the laws, they just follow them

27 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I gotta admit if I had a green colored vehicle....................I would be SOOOOOOOO tempted..................I'd probably give in too..............

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I gotta admit if I had a green colored vehicle....................I would be SOOOOOOOO tempted..................I'd probably give in too..............

if you have a green vehicle and gave you a parking spot right up front, of course i'm going to take it....    got the hybrid parking spot at whole foods today, sometimes it's good to drive a prius..

5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

if you have a green vehicle and gave you a parking spot right up front, of course i'm going to take it....    got the hybrid parking spot at whole foods today, sometimes it's good to drive a prius..

Park next to the cart return,    It’s easy to unload without the cart rolling away.  More importantly, the careless SOBs never come close to this area when abandoning their own carts.   

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Point Break said:

In retrospect, it wouldn't surprise me if somebody purposely parked their green truck there and took a quick photo to post on the internet.  

7 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

That is a genius way to smuggle the rum onboard!!!!! Damn B.O's and there weight limits....

WL

With the right rum, you could probably still use it as fuel in case of DIRE emergency

In any other emergency, you would drink it of course

9 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'You had one job.'

This was intentional.  They couldn't get a CO unless there was an accessible fire escape.

32 minutes ago, captnjoe said:

This was intentional.  They couldn't get a CO unless there was an accessible fire escape.

Um, that might be but that's one hell of a step in and out of the door.  Don't you need an accessible door for a CO too?  And now your gonna tell me there's another accessible door elsewhere on the house?  I don't care what the answer is, to me it just isn't quite right© dammit!   

• Like 1
On 3/1/2021 at 4:31 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Unless it is "Handicap" (Law) I ignore the signs.  Senior, curbside pick up, Veteran,  doesn't mean squat to me, I am a customer, they have a lot, I will use it.:D

4 minutes ago, warbird said:

Unless it is "Handicap" (Law) I ignore the signs.  Senior, curbside pick up, Veteran,  doesn't mean squat to me, I am a customer, they have a lot, I will use it.:D

And that will surprise nobody here.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, warbird said:

I park on the center of the line so the Lambo don't get no dings on it

On 3/5/2021 at 5:09 AM, VWAP said:

I park on the center of the line so the Lambo don't get no dings on it

I try and squeeze into the part left, so it does.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Didde alle thisse crazey stuffe starte in juste the laste foire yeares?  Seemes licke may of beene buildeng longuere............                  :)

just goes to show, people working retail for minimum wage are tired of the bullshit..  behave like a human, get treated like a human..   as a customer, you are not special..

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

just goes to show, people working retail for minimum wage are tired of the bullshit..  behave like a human, get treated like a human..   as a customer, you are not special..

Yep. Lots of frustration out there and now would be an excellent time for people to remember that this thin veil of civilized behavior only goes so far. Manners matter

WL

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I just don’t get why we - in the immortal words of Rodney King - “can’t all just get along?” The two primary antagonists did not look like the sharpest tools in the shed, but why would they then refuse to leave the store and take on the employees? I’ve seen those behaviors so many times - I have stories - and still don’t get it. I do get a kick out of it when they pull each other’s wigs off. When we get there they have always put them back on......sort of. Very hard not to laugh.......

• Like 1
5 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

interesting that there is no food splatters anywhere?

I wouldnt say there's none, unless someone's been flicker they're boogies on the ceiling...

On 3/8/2021 at 12:57 AM, Point Break said:

I just don’t get why we - in the immortal words of Rodney King - “can’t all just get along?” The two primary antagonists did not look like the sharpest tools in the shed

I honestly think some folks are forgetting how to behave in public.  They’ve been cooped up so long with limited human interaction beyond their family units and how they they act online behind the keyboard.   So this behavior is becoming “learned”.   

Hopefully more people who act like assholes will begin to get treated the same way and they will realize that It’s not the way to go through life.  

I doubt it though.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

I doubt it though.  

It will only get worse.  The human race is doomed.  It always has been, but modern technology is helping it happen even faster.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ed Lada said:
11 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

I doubt it though.  

It will only get worse.  The human race is doomed.  It always has been, but modern technology is helping it happen even faster.

The internette is letteng assholles acte licke assholles withoute immediate repercussiones or justisse, that I grante you.  Karma hasa waye of patientley findeng the ritte momentte.  The proofe is in the puddeng.  Ime am siurre you cane add some annecdottes of you owen....                   :)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

You supprise me..........                :)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

I honestly think some folks are forgetting how to behave in public.  They’ve been cooped up so long with limited human interaction beyond their family units and how they they act online behind the keyboard.   So this behavior is becoming “learned”.   

Hopefully more people who act like assholes will begin to get treated the same way and they will realize that It’s not the way to go through life.  

I doubt it though.  

I read a piece about the long-range thinker types at Google and Microsoft.  Apparently they think that it will take two generations of internet users learning social behaviour and technologu companies improving filters and administrative controls to manage the dis-information and trolling that is dominating the web today.  

Two human generations, not two iPhone generations.

12 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I read a piece about the long-range thinker types at Google and Microsoft.  Apparently they think that it will take two generations of internet users learning social behaviour and technologu companies improving filters and administrative controls to manage the dis-information and trolling that is dominating the web today.  

going to take longer than that, rednecks in the south are still fighting the civil war

Just now, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

going to take longer than that, rednecks in the south are still fighting the civil war

No, they thicke they our, butte thet wase a longue time aggo, they our juste re-grouppeng.                :)

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Dreade,

When our you and I gonig oute foire a beveriagge?

S.

i'm  not sure where you are .  thought PNW for awhile,  the  NE,  then  LI...  and then, then Keller..  you move a lot...   but would love to join you.. i'll buy the first two rounds to start things off..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Left Shift said:

I don't think so, other antisocial behavior (drink driving for example) only took one generation to change (for the most part). I would expect that in one generation you would see significant change.

Of course you will never stamp it out completely, just like drink driving.

5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i'm  not sure where you are .  thought PNW for awhile,  the  NE,  then  LI...  and then, then Keller..  you move a lot...   but would love to join you.. i'll buy the first two rounds to start things off..

He's in Poland and he isn't going back!

11 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Karma hasa waye of patientley findeng the ritte momentte.                  :)

That’s the problem though snags.   When people act like assholes, they need to be swatted with the rolled up newspaper right away, so they can correlate the punishment with the behavior.   Karma, stepping in hours, days or weeks later, is great, but the assholes are likely not able to attribute karma to a specific action or behavior.

• Like 2

So you're saying they should be punched in the mouth the minute that stop whatever asshole thing they were doing? :D

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

So you're saying they should be punched in the mouth the minute that stop whatever asshole thing they were doing? :D

Not the worst idea.  But here is an example of instant justice.  

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/453238/video-suspended-driver-with-a-toddler-in-his-car-brings-firetruck-to-a-stop-in-road-rage-incident/

UPDATE: Trooper First Class Joseph Rutkoski, from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack, ticketed Christopher Tyler, 30, of Lexington Park, for the following:

• driving a motor vehicle without required license and authorization
  • driving a motor vehicle on a highway or public use property on a suspended out-of-state license
  • negligent driving a vehicle in a careless and imprudent manner and endangering property, life, and person
  • changing lanes when unsafe
  • failure to use a turn signal prior to a turn
  • stopping a vehicle in an intersection
  • Like 1

Sounds like Major Major in Catch 22 - he stumbled on parade and was charged with "breaking ranks while in formation, felonious assault, listening to classical music, and being a smart guy".

Not smart to be an asshole with someone who can really fuck you up.

4 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

Not the worst idea.  But here is an example of instant justice.  

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/453238/video-suspended-driver-with-a-toddler-in-his-car-brings-firetruck-to-a-stop-in-road-rage-incident/

UPDATE: Trooper First Class Joseph Rutkoski, from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack, ticketed Christopher Tyler, 30, of Lexington Park, for the following:

• driving a motor vehicle without required license and authorization
  • driving a motor vehicle on a highway or public use property on a suspended out-of-state license
  • negligent driving a vehicle in a careless and imprudent manner and endangering property, life, and person
  • changing lanes when unsafe
  • failure to use a turn signal prior to a turn
  • stopping a vehicle in an intersection

He needs a Wooden Shampoo, then a nice long Time Out!  

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

after I finished the cooking,  I worked on the plumbing...

aV7YRgM_460swp.webp

A plumber with a sense of humour. And everyone thought they were just about ass-cracks.

21 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

a3EQWEN_460swp.webp

did he get the extended warranty?