Not many legal guns used in criminal activity with the exception of wackos such as the Las Vegas shooter and Long in Atlanta this week. LV was premeditated with multiple guns purchased legally in multiple states and them “smuggled” into the hotel. Long apparently utilised Georgia’s “background check and take it home” policy to legally buy a 9mm and then headed for the massage parlor. 

Painting up a Glock to look like a nerf gun is a new low, clearly done to make a responding officer pause.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

glad we don't have to watch Keith moon ...

The very rare and endangered Labrador Seal.  

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

So they took a real glock and painted it?  I had a visceral reaction to this.  My kids have nerf guns.  The idea that they are painting real weapons to look like nerf guns and a cop might someday shoot my kid because they're worried my kid has a REAL gun....

And this isn't illegal?  But it's illegal to take the orange nose off a toy gun?

What the hell is wrong with this country.

"My kids have nerf guns"...and there starts the gun culture, essentially in the cradle.  

Best thing my mom ever did for me was to mandate that we have no toy weapons in the house.  Still wanted my own cap pistol, of course, but she started my brain thinking about even pretend shooting and that was her point.  Then JFK, MLK, RFK and her point didn't have to be made anymore.  

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

"My kids have nerf guns"...and there starts the gun culture, essentially in the cradle.  

Best thing my mom ever did for me was to mandate that we have no toy weapons in the house.  Still wanted my own cap pistol, of course, but she started my brain thinking about even pretend shooting and that was her point.  Then JFK, MLK, RFK and her point didn't have to be made anymore.  

I'm not going down the stupid-hole that your assumptions are forming.

You probably also wouldn't understand why a dualie, a 4 wheel drive, and a 4 wheeler are all necessities in some cases either.

But then again, you've probably never had to chase down a horse broken out it's paddock cross country, drag a tree off a trail, pulled a cow out of the mud in the creek, driven through 3 and 4 foot snow to get your kids to school, or dispose of a predator that's preying on your goats and chickens on a regular basis either.  And I'm DAMN certain that you never had to put down your own dog after it got into a fight with a porcupine with the nearest vet over an hour away and the dog blind in both eyes with quills.  I suppose you'd be ok using a hammer.  I'm not.

Don't assume to know what my needs are, and I won't assume to know yours.  M'kay?

Here's my world.  How's yours?

image.thumb.png.5d8b4af41c2145c4843317274c22b891.png

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Detroit is a lot more rural than I had imagined.

Go about an hour an a half north of Detroit and see where you end up :lol:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Sorry Mr. Seattle.  I'm not going down the stupid-hole that your assumptions are forming.

You probably also wouldn't understand why a dualie, a 4 wheel drive, and a 4 wheeler are all necessities in some cases either.

But then again, you've probably never had to chase down a horse broken out it's paddock cross country, pulled a cow out of the mud, driven through 3 and 4 foot snow to get your kids to school, or dispose of a predator that's preying on your goats and chickens on a regular basis either.

Don't assume to know what my needs are, and I won't assume to know yours.  M'kay?

You have your needs.  Fine.  I'm just doing it my Mom's way.  

For the record, I have a 4-wheel drive vehicle. I've herded several types of critters, including cows, llamas and camels*, lived many miles up one-lane snow-covered, unplowed roads, had coyotes in our pen, bears in our fields and have helped deal with a wounded cougar in a barn in the middle of winter after it threatened a neighbor's daughter when she was feeding livestock.  

*Including herding one along with about 10 llamas on my skis and in my pajamas when the damn things got out over a snowed in cattle-guard on Christmas morning and headed for town.  That was more memorable than fun.

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Most weekday evenings, still in traffic.  :)

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

For the record, I have a 4-wheel drive vehicle. I've herded several types of critters, including cows, llamas and camels*, lived many miles up one-lane snow-covered, unplowed roads, had coyotes in our pen, bears in our fields and have helped deal with a wounded cougar in a barn in the middle of winter after it threatened a neighbor's daughter when she was feeding livestock.  

*Including herding one along with about 10 llamas on my skis and in my pajamas when the damn things got out over a snowed in cattle-guard on Christmas morning and headed for town.  That was more memorable than fun.

Fair enough.  I made my own faulty assumptions.  And I'm not faulting your mom's way of handling it.  The world would probably be a better place if more parents did it that way.  Just don't think it's the only way - because in some cases guns are necessary.  Sorry I over-reacted.

• Like 2

My kids never got to have any toy guns. Because guns aren't toys. They're tools.

Not that I'm anti-gun. My oldest, when he was 10, got a single shot Springfield for his birthday because he had asked to take, and then completed a firearm safety course. (He got the bolt for his 18th birthday.) Neither of the other two ever expressed interest in firearms, toys or otherwise.

(I also prohibited toy musical instruments unless they were properly tuned--which never happened. My youngest now has a double degree in music and engineering.)

13 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Canada?

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Fair enough.  I made my own faulty assumptions.  And I'm not faulting your mom's way of handling it.  The world would probably be a better place if more parents did it that way.  Just don't think it's the only way - because in some cases guns are necessary.  Sorry I over-reacted.

And since we are sharing pics, here's where I was talking about.  400 acres of fields and firs - you can just make out the 2.5 mile road in. Hell of a good sled ride.  To the left is the N. Cascades Wilderness 

(The odd thing is, there were certainly guns here and there but I can't remember anyone shooting for "fun" or taking one on a hike, even though there were certainly bears and cougars around. No wolves though.)

1249324735_ScreenShot2021-03-19at1_07_03PM.png

3 hours ago, Left Shift said:

And since we are sharing pics, here's where I was talking about.  400 acres of fields and firs - you can just make out the 2.5 mile road in. Hell of a good sled ride.  To the left is the N. Cascades Wilderness 

(The odd thing is, there were certainly guns here and there but I can't remember anyone shooting for "fun" or taking one on a hike, even though there were certainly bears and cougars around. No wolves though.)

1249324735_ScreenShot2021-03-19at1_07_03PM.png

Hell is west of where Grrrr lives. Near Ann Arbor. 

2 minutes ago, dyslexic dog said:

Hell is west of where Grrrr lives. Near Ann Arbor. 

Around there aren't the only good sledding hills really just snow-covered mounds of cow poop?

• Like 1
On 3/19/2021 at 8:46 PM, Grrr... said:

Respect.  I've been around here for a while and I don't recall seeing too many gracious, honest apologies.

• Like 3
On 3/20/2021 at 12:41 AM, dyslexic dog said:

Paradise is north about 200 miles.

Paradise, Pennsylvania is real close to Blue Ball and Intercourse.  

I always have found that interesting.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

We have a Climax, MI out near Kalamazoo.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Then there is the great sealing port of Dildo, Newfoundland, which is just down the way from Heart's Content and Heart's Desire.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Been there, done that, haven't read the book but taken a photo.

DSC06689.thumb.JPG.f3f0df04c0f07cbb6bdaa164e53ec145.JPG

• Like 1

spin up Cornwall UK on google maps and spend some time surfing town names

3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

We have a Climax, MI out near Kalamazoo.  

Back in the days of steam locomotives, there was a type of locomotive with the cylinders mounted at a 45 degree angle and a geared shaft drive.  This design provided more traction on steep logging railroads, typically on  narrow gauge tracks, than a sliding side rod powered directly by the horizontal cylinders of a typical standard design locomotive .  Designed and made in Pennsylvania too, coincidentally.

I can just hear the advertisement: When D cells aren't enough, get a steam powered, shaft drive, geared Climax!  

1 minute ago, Ed Lada said:

Back in the days of steam locomotives, there was a type of locomotive with the cylinders mounted at a 45 degree angle and a geared shaft drive.  This design provided more traction on steep logging railroads, typically on  narrow gauge tracks, than a sliding side rod powered directly by the horizontal cylinders of a typical standard design locomotive .  Designed and made in Pennsylvania too, coincidentally.

I can just hear the advertisement: When D cells aren't enough, get a steam powered, shaft drive, geared Climax!  

My FIL ist verrey muche into the traines, haive heared alle abote it, verticalle rathere then the latteralle drive.

:)

22 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

My FIL ist verrey muche into the traines, haive heared alle abote it, verticalle rathere then the latteralle drive.

:)

There were several similar locomotives.  The Shay was one and the Heisler was another one.  The Heilser locomotives were manufactured in my home own, Erie, PA, which was also the home of the General Electric plant that produced GE locomotives until a few years ago.  Heisler produced over 600 of the geared locomotives from the late 1890s until they shut down in the early 1940s.

You might have figured out that I'm a bit of a railfan as well.  I worked for a couple of years at the GE plant when I was young, I built electric commuter trains for use in the electrified NE Rail Corridor.  New Haven RR, SEPTA, NJ DOT, Penn Central, Reading RR were some of the customers.  Anybody that rode an electric powered commuter train in that area in the 1970s probably rode in a car that I helped to build.  GE closed the rapid transit rail operation a number of years ago.  On slow nights, I sometimes I would walk across the street to the locomotive assembly building and geek out over the latest GE diesel electric locomotives being put together there.  Many railfans would kill just to go in that building one time! 

This is photo of a model, but it's a pretty accurate one of some of the cars I built.

silverliner.jpg

2 hours ago, chester said:

We have a Climax in Saskatchewan too, SW corner near the montana border

Sign going out of town used to say "Please come again"

• Like 2

OK.  Bit of a sea story.  I was the party manager a couple of times on a survey ship called Polaris 5.  Early eighties.  It was an ex-sealer out of Dildo. Great ship.  Made in Norway.  150 feet, narrow and heavy. Just the sort of ship to spend a month on the Grand Banks when the weather was too bad to put gear in the water for an entire month. As part of the boiler plate for reports back to New York, the registration port of the vessel had to be entered. Somewhere I still have the letter that was copied to my personnel file calling me out for using obscenities.  Turns out one of the secretaries complained and I was taken to task for using offshore " rough talk " as some kind of joke.  Perhaps the letter is still there.  BTW dildo is an old english word for stick.  The lingo around the nearby town of Cupid's, the oldest continuously inhabited place in North America according the the Newfoundland government, is full of such antiquities.  Unfortunately it is going away 

7 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

spin up Cornwall UK on google maps and spend some time surfing town names

It's like that all over England.

I was on a train once when it went through Balham, Tooting & Dorking.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, White Lightning2 said:

As you drive I5 through Northern California (if memory serves)

You turn off onto 299 West and then...

You will pass Whiskey town followed by Weaverville......

WL

You also turn off I5 onto 97 at Weed.

8 hours ago, Laker said:

OK.  Bit of a sea story.  I was the party manager a couple of times on a survey ship called Polaris 5.  Early eighties.  It was an ex-sealer out of Dildo. Great ship.  Made in Norway.  150 feet, narrow and heavy. Just the sort of ship to spend a month on the Grand Banks when the weather was too bad to put gear in the water for an entire month. As part of the boiler plate for reports back to New York, the registration port of the vessel had to be entered. Somewhere I still have the letter that was copied to my personnel file calling me out for using obscenities.  Turns out one of the secretaries complained and I was taken to task for using offshore " rough talk " as some kind of joke.  Perhaps the letter is still there.  BTW dildo is an old english word for stick.  The lingo around the nearby town of Cupid's, the oldest continuously inhabited place in North America according the the Newfoundland government, is full of such antiquities.  Unfortunately it is going away 

Reminds me of the story of the English company that installed an e-mail filter program to weed out spam, nsfw, phishing etc, but suddenly found their whole e-mail system froze to a shuddering halt. Took them some time to figure out that their company was headquartered in Scunthorpe, which of course, contains the word 'cunt'...

• Like 2
10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

it went through Balham, Tooting & Dorking.

I think that was the name my first wife's lawyer's law firm for our divorce.  Maybe I'm confused and it was Bumblefuck, Stupid and Dumb.  They weren't very good.  I represented myself and the ex didn't get anything other than what I had already agreed to give her.  Had to go to court a 2nd time and I told the judge I suspected the exe's lawyer might have been unethical and explained why.  There were a bunch of other lawyers in the court room waiting for their cases and the judge made some kind of joke about lawyers and ethics, referring to the exes lawyer.  All of the other lawyers laughed loudly and the exe's lawyer got very red in the face.  The judge turned down all of my wife's requests for extra things she wanted from me.  I got to save a bunch of money on a lawyer, I didn't give in to my exes ridiculous additional demands, and I got the judge to humiliate her lawyer in front of other lawyers.  I was very pleased about it all.  Then the ex died 5 years later and I got to have my 10 year old daughter too, brought her to Germany to live with me and my 2nd wife, it was quite wonderful.  I was on a winning streak!  :lol:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

But it bypassed Loose Chippings.  

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I think that was the name my first wife's lawyer's law firm for our divorce.  Maybe I'm confused and it was Bumblefuck, Stupid and Dumb.  They weren't very good.  I represented myself and the ex didn't get anything other than what I had already agreed to give her.  Had to go to court a 2nd time and I told the judge I suspected the exe's lawyer might have been unethical and explained why.  There were a bunch of other lawyers in the court room waiting for their cases and the judge made some kind of joke about lawyers and ethics, referring to the exes lawyer.  All of the other lawyers laughed loudly and the exe's lawyer got very red in the face.  The judge turned down all of my wife's requests for extra things she wanted from me.  I got to save a bunch of money on a lawyer, I didn't give in to my exes ridiculous additional demands, and I got the judge to humiliate her lawyer in front of other lawyers.  I was very pleased about it all.  Then the ex died 5 years later and I got to have my 10 year old daughter too, brought her to Germany to live with me and my 2nd wife, it was quite wonderful.  I was on a winning streak!  :lol:

I didn't have a custody issue so I didn't feel like I was 'winning' when my ex died.   I was sad for her kids but gratified one got the little house I bought her and the other inherited a bit of cash before she squandered it all.  In her case, I think her own lawyer was tired of her 'requests' and ready for the case to end.  Since I was paying the bill for both lawyers, I was quite in agreement (as long as she didn't get to take my boat out of spite).   

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Lark said:

I didn't have a custody issue so I didn't feel like I was 'winning' when my ex died.   I was sad for her kids but gratified one got the little house I bought her and the other inherited a bit of cash before she squandered it all.  In her case, I think her own lawyer was tired of her 'requests' and ready for the case to end.  Since I was paying the bill for both lawyers, I was quite in agreement (as long as she didn't get to take my boat out of spite).   

We didn't have custody issues, that was the one concession I got from my ex.  I also wasn't happy to see her die of breast cancer at age 46.  However, that's what happened and it worked out well for my daughter and I in the sense that you make the best of bad things.  I talked to my ex about a week before she passed and we made our peace, and I'm glad I did that.  And then she got her last jab in by dying 5 days after 9/11 and it took me about 5 more days to get a flight back to the US to get my daughter.  That was a little stressful.  And she had no will so getting all of the mess straight with her house, etc., was a lot of stress as well.  And there were some other issues as well.  Suffice to say my daughter didn't get anything.  But shit happens.  We survived.

• Like 1
On 3/24/2021 at 10:48 PM, VWAP said:

https://news.sky.com/story/human-penises-are-shrinking-because-of-pollution-warns-scientist-12255106

Human penises are shrinking because of pollution, warns scientist

So if some lady describes me as only "Average" I can safely say, yeah, but in a 100 years they will consider me HUGE!  :lol:

Guess I better get my eyes checked. I looked all over for this baby and thought it was gone with the reboot. My bad.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, Snaggletooth said:

Thack god foire that quicke rellease exstinguishere!

:lol:

On 3/21/2021 at 11:02 PM, SloopJonB said:

And then there is Fucking, Austria.

image.png.b9ff69d25349c5c1aa94593bdc1af391.png

On 3/22/2021 at 12:15 AM, Laker said:

Yeah, we camped at Dildo Run up there a few summers back...

enhance

The sign for the Dark Tickle Experience put me off at first...

enhance

It was all charming in a funny sorta way though.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

GMD I always like your enthusiasm, but that is a subset of criminal activity. I am too lazy to look up result for all criminal activity. BTW multiple shooting are common in Philly especially recently. Friday 7 were shot outside a club. That probably was not reported nationwide because no one died. I was backup and got called in. Really getting crazy here

40 minutes ago, burndoc said:
2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
Expand  

GMD I always like your enthusiasm, but that is a subset of criminal activity. I am too lazy to look up result for all criminal activity. BTW multiple shooting are common in Philly especially recently. Friday 7 were shot outside a club. That probably was not reported nationwide because no one died. I was backup and got called in. Really getting crazy here

This. 

don’t really want to go down this path but despite the horror, mass killings are a very small percentage of gun deaths. If you want to really parse the data, mass shootings (depending on whose definition you use) are an anomaly in the data. Legal, “assault weapons” are significantly over represented in mass killings. Enough that it makes you wonder what it is about tactical stocks and rails that attract those who commit those acts and you can argue that the association of assault weapons and the physiological factors associated with mass shootings are worth addressing in special regulations for that style of gun. Mechanically, they are no different than any other semiautomatic rifle.

The vast majority of legal gun owners use their guns for hunting or sporting purposes, keep them secure and locked up. The problem is identifying those who should not have guns before they kill a bunch of people. part of that has to be with the help of legal and safe gun owners. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, burndoc said:

you think it's crazy there?  there's going to be a qnon convention in my town next month...

i need to start a rumor in all the different "hoods" that all the people coming are carry large sums of cash...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

This. 

don’t really want to go down this path but despite the horror, mass killings are a very small percentage of gun deaths. If you want to really parse the data, mass shootings (depending on whose definition you use) are an anomaly in the data. Legal, “assault weapons” are significantly over represented in mass killings. Enough that it makes you wonder what it is about tactical stocks and rails that attract those who commit those acts and you can argue that the association of assault weapons and the physiological factors associated with mass shootings are worth addressing in special regulations for that style of gun. Mechanically, they are no different than any other semiautomatic rifle.

The vast majority of legal gun owners use their guns for hunting or sporting purposes, keep them secure and locked up. The problem is identifying those who should not have guns before they kill a bunch of people. part of that has to be with the help of legal and safe gun owners. 

I think if we could get rid of all the mass shootings , people would be ok with the murder rate..

59 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I think if we could get rid of all the mass shootings , people would be ok with the murder rate..

A huge number of people already are.

I couldn't decide where to post this one and finally settled on this thread.

Today there were three Masonic lodges torched here - two in North Van and one in Vancouver.

The guy was so blatant there was video of him carrying a gas can back to his minivan from two of the fires - with the entryways in flames behind him. Broad daylight.

No-one was hurt and he was quickly picked up at home. The clubhouses were totaled.

What do you figure? Pissed off rejected applicant or conspiracy theorist on par with the Pizzagate shooter?

It appears  there can be downside consequences for silly secret societies that are little different than a boys treehouse club.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

This. 

I believe, based on a good deal of time spent in both urban and rural settings, that the vast majority of legal gun owners "use" their guns as fetish objects, and haven't been hunting or skeet shooting or target shooting in years.    With almost 400,000,000 guns in this country, if the "vast majority" were being used for hunting and sport there wouldn't be a rabbit or coyote alive and there would be a gun club on every block.  

The problem is NOT identifying who shouldn't have guns.  Predictive policing has never worked and cannot work unless you want to impose Stalinism or Nazism as your basic governmental model.  

The problem is ammo-sexuals and gun fetishism.

The basics of rational gun management are outlined in the Constitution:  :A well-regulated militia being necessary ...."  Yeah, you got it.  

There is no reason for any private citizen to own a hand gun or a semi-automatic weapon.  Single shot rifles we can discuss.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

FFS!!!

Would you guys please crawl back into PA with this bullshit and quit ruining threads! Please!

WL

FFS? Firearms For Sex? :o

Agree, this shit should crawl back under the rock.

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

FFS? Firearms For Sex? :o

Agree, this shit should crawl back under the rock.

Or you could just scroll on by.  

On 3/30/2021 at 4:13 AM, Burning Man said:

And then there is Fucking, Austria.

image.png.b9ff69d25349c5c1aa94593bdc1af391.png

There is allegedly a brewery in Fucking that makes a beer called Fucking Hell.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

FFS!!!

Would you guys please crawl back into PA with this bullshit and quit ruining threads! Please!

WL

This is SA - every thread devolves into a gun thread.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

This is SA - every thread devolves into a gun thread.

Or "my country is better than yours"

Or "your political view is wrong"

Or "my cause/issue/acronym of the moment is so important, how can you not comprehend?"

LONQR indeed.

For those of you non-musicians who never knew what that little toggle switch on Gibson guitars are for, now you know.  

Les Paul.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, VWAP said:

https://www.kxan.com/news/who-did-the-no-2-biden-dog-drops-doodie-on-white-house-hall-carpet/

Who did the No. 2? Biden dog drops doodie on White House hall carpet

It sounds like Biden rescued a Republican wanna be tough guy with military pretensions.   The dog can't tell the White House from the Capitol.    Clearly the poor dog isn't adapting well to life in a fishbowl.   (Rescue Shepherd: between breed tendencies; PTSD from whatever came before and shell shock from all the strangers with bad intentions wandering around the halls of power, what do you expect?).    He (the dog) may need medication or rehoming.      He certainly needs a good behaviorist.   

40 minutes ago, Lark said:

It sounds like Biden rescued a Republican wanna be tough guy with military pretensions.   The dog can't tell the White House from the Capitol.    Clearly the poor dog isn't adapting well to life in a fishbowl.   (Rescue Shepherd: between breed tendencies; PTSD from whatever came before and shell shock from all the strangers with bad intentions wandering around the halls of power, what do you expect?).    He (the dog) may need medication or rehoming.      He certainly needs a good behaviorist.   

Well who doesn't, really?

• Like 1
On 3/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, Danceswithoctopus said:

And that will surprise nobody here.

A guy with a bad knee has less or more right to a spot?  A guy with a sick wife/ daughter has less or more right to a spot? A guy getting mom's favorite strawberry ice cream (maybe her last) has less or more right to a spot?  Honestly, I only park in a spot I can drive straight out of. I do not back up in parking lots. If that drive straight through is Veteran, I am one, Senior, I am one, Curbside (dont care) employee of the week (shouldn't be empty):lol:

On 3/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, Left Shift said:

In other words, your mom failed you? 350,000,000 gun in the US and you don't have a clue!

On 3/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, Left Shift said:

A good gun would have helped with most of those problems.  

On 3/21/2021 at 7:26 PM, Ed Lada said:

There were several similar locomotives.  The Shay was one and the Heisler was another one.  The Heilser locomotives were manufactured in my home own, Erie, PA, which was also the home of the General Electric plant that produced GE locomotives until a few years ago.  Heisler produced over 600 of the geared locomotives from the late 1890s until they shut down in the early 1940s.

You might have figured out that I'm a bit of a railfan as well.  I worked for a couple of years at the GE plant when I was young, I built electric commuter trains for use in the electrified NE Rail Corridor.  New Haven RR, SEPTA, NJ DOT, Penn Central, Reading RR were some of the customers.  Anybody that rode an electric powered commuter train in that area in the 1970s probably rode in a car that I helped to build.  GE closed the rapid transit rail operation a number of years ago.  On slow nights, I sometimes I would walk across the street to the locomotive assembly building and geek out over the latest GE diesel electric locomotives being put together there.  Many railfans would kill just to go in that building one time! 

This is photo of a model, but it's a pretty accurate one of some of the cars I built.

silverliner.jpg

You need to build 1/4 scale about your garden...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, warbird said:

In other words, your mom failed you? 350,000,000 gun in the US and you don't have a clue!

it is interesting but boys would make a gun out of anything, a stick, a bat etc. I have guns, my boys had toy guns. When some of the relatives would come over for parties their gun free children went for the nerf guns first. My sons are in their twenties and don't own any guns of their own, but i made sure they know how to make sure to see if a gun is loaded and the safety engaged which i think is a very important skill.

• Like 1

I

25 minutes ago, burndoc said:

but i made sure they know how to make sure to see if a gun is loaded and the safety engaged which i think is a very important skill.

I was taught those skills before I started first grade, 

I remember Police in schools teaching the same in mid~late '50's

When my son got his first string dart gun, I made him follow the Four Rules.

When he "accidentally" shot the dog, I busted his little ass and took it away for a week.

My grandson is comfortably shooting a  (BP) full charge hunting load , 

& ready this year to try to find that very first little forkedhorn.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, warbird said:

350,000,000 gun in the US and you don't have a clue!

image.jpeg.1ac582363e1596d522ae84d7ee39e84f.jpeg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

167417640_10158936092131675_6753348575501251358_n.jpg

Ain't nuthin' not right about that!