Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

glad we don't have to watch Keith moon ...

The very rare and endangered Labrador Seal.  

Posted Images

 

On 6/27/2021 at 2:48 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

CoorsShowerBeer_Silo_V2_900x.png?v=16227

 

yeah, I want to take a glass bottle into where I'm naked and soapy   

Is that for easier "application" of said glass bottle?

NTTAWWT:o

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ok, 2 points if you can figure this one out...

aXoe4DV_460swp.webp

A Tesla charging van for those times when owners can't figure out range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yes, but did you notice , it runs on gas...

Well yeah - I suspect the onboard gen set does as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yes, but did you notice , it runs on gas...

How can one tell that from the photograph? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:
5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yes, but did you notice , it runs on gas...

How can one tell that from the photograph? 

Lookes licke gas filler door over rite reare wheelle.                      :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Lookes licke gas filler door over rite reare wheelle.                      :)

Or a charging port door?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:
18 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Lookes licke gas filler door over rite reare wheelle.                      :)

Or a charging port door?

Yes, bothe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you cannot tell from the photo, I'm not going to explain it to you...

Harumph

Hair flip

Exaggerated sigh

Dramatic exit.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Windward said:

If you cannot tell from the photo, I'm not going to explain it to you...

Harumph

Is that a Ford emblem on the back?2030824654_Screenshot_20210701-0856272.thumb.png.b03682ce9acf537d01ef21d379e2cf6d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

How can one tell that from the photograph? 

Name me one electric van like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

except all the articles says they're going to launch said vehicle..    there are no articles saying they exist... and all pictures are from the left hand side of the vehicle 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

except all the articles says they're going to launch said vehicle..    there are no articles saying they exist... and all pictures are from the left hand side of the vehicle 

I don't understand you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

I don't understand you.

That seems to be going around here lately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I'm saying that the all electric support vehicles are vaporware .. it was a marketing ploy to keep people of elon's back...

Understood the first sentence, but that second one...not so much.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

2 1/2 tons of explosives and they didn't haul it away to detonate?

Apparently they hauled off the majority of the fireworks. They supposedly only detonated about 10lbs of home made explosives in the truck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slick470 said:

Apparently they hauled off the majority of the fireworks. They supposedly only detonated about 10lbs of home made explosives in the truck. 

That was 10 lbs?   
 

That’s some serious home brew 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Windward said:

That was 10 lbs?   
 

That’s some serious home brew 

From the article... yeah... serious stuff.

Less than 10 pounds of the devices were transferred into a semitruck, which Moore said was rated, with its outer containment shell, to handle 18 pounds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it's good they didn't have 17 lbs, or not all explosives are created equal?

Or...... How to make $1million bucks go up in smoke. Did that truck have a warranty?  So many questions...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slick470 said:

From the article... yeah... serious stuff.

Less than 10 pounds of the devices were transferred into a semitruck, which Moore said was rated, with its outer containment shell, to handle 18 pounds. 

yeah, when that truck blew up, the charges changed from illegal fireworks to bomb making...    I would have loved to hear the conversation from the guy who decided to use the truck to his boss ...   "uh boss, you know that truck we USED to have"....    wonder if they ever consulted any explosive experts or the guy who made the fireworks to see if it was a good idea..       

guy who made the fireworks:   uh, you going to set off 10lbs of that in that truck?    mind if I go wait over here...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how they allowed for different materials in that weight rating. Is that 18 lbs of dynomite, TNT, Torpex, uranium or chinese firecrackers??

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, longy said:

Wonder how they allowed for different materials in that weight rating. Is that 18 lbs of dynomite, TNT, Torpex, uranium or chinese firecrackers??

 

it's homemade firecrackers, "how bad can it be"....      now you know why towns in mexico blow up every year..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, See Level said:

:blink:

trailer-hith-1004.jpg

My contractor has a hugely jacked up truck with an elaborate multi position receiver on it.

He made up a ball like that but his is plywood screwed together with drywall screws.

He puts it in when he's not using the hitch and says you wouldn't believe the number of people who ask him if he actually uses it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hobot said:

^^^Eye of Sarin's brother, Lester?

Not Lester, Juan

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Perhaps it was a bomb making facility. Anitifa, NFAC, BLM... Way too eager to label it fireworks.

 

Sure, because those are well known terrorist bomb making groups, amirite?  Perhaps you could consider changing your "news" source.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Sure, because those are well known terrorist bomb making groups, amirite?  Perhaps you could consider changing your "news" source.

Parler isn't a news source?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed this was Australia, except for the non-venomous bit.

Quote

A man in Austria was bitten by a neighbor’s pet python during a visit to the bathroom early Monday morning, the Associated Press reported. The snake unknowingly escaped the home of its owner, a 24-year old who keeps 11 non-venomous snakes as pets. The reptile presumably made its way down a series of drains before arriving at the neighbor’s latrine, according to police. While sitting on his toilet the 65-year old man felt a “nip” in his genital area, only to look down and discover an albino python more than five feet long. The man only sustained minor injuries from the bite and a reptile specialist was called in to retrieve the snake and return it to its owner. The owner of the snake is being investigated for suspicion of causing bodily harm due to negligence.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/austrian-man-bitten-by-python-while-sitting-on-his-toilet?ref=home

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I assumed this was Australia, except for the non-venomous bit.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/austrian-man-bitten-by-python-while-sitting-on-his-toilet?ref=home

I read a story just like that decades ago.

Scarred me for life, just like the shower scene in Psycho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I read a story just like that decades ago.

Scarred me for life, just like the shower scene in Psycho.

Think about the poor python.   Calmly sitting in a pool of water, and a man's naked butt starts coming down on top of it.   Snake is probably scarred for life........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slap said:

Think about the poor python.   Calmly sitting in a pool of water, and a man's naked butt starts coming down on top of it.   Snake is probably scarred for life........

My daughter screamed and came running down the hallway "daddy, there's a spider in my room!"

"Oh, do you think is okay?  I heard a loud scream and it's probably quite scared"

Link to post
Share on other sites

When in Aus, I drove a sigma up through the red centre in January.

Did a road stop in Pimba. Had a couple of cold ones and asked for the toilet. Was told there is a dunny out back. Opened the door to the dunny and there is a shortened baseball bat with a leather strap hanging from a nail on the wall. It looked well used.

Go back inside and ask about said bat. Was told to smack the shit out of the plywood around the toilet seat to knock off the red backs. Not surprisingly I no longer felt the need to shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gong Show said:

When in Aus, I drove a sigma up through the red centre in January.

Did a road stop in Pimba. Had a couple of cold ones and asked for the toilet. Was told there is a dunny out back. Opened the door to the dunny and there is a shortened baseball bat with a leather strap hanging from a nail on the wall. It looked well used.

Go back inside and ask about said bat. Was told to smack the shit out of the plywood around the toilet seat to knock off the red backs. Not surprisingly I no longer felt the need to shit.

I don't know about anyone else but I understood about half of that post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Translated for you:

4 hours ago, Gong Show said:

When in Australia, I drove a Mitsubishi Sigma car up through the red centre (ie towards Alice Springs) in January.

Did a road stop in Pimba (petrol station approx 90 miles NW of Port Augusta) . Had a couple of beers and asked for the toilet. Was told there is an outhouse out back. Opened the door to the outhouse and there is a shortened baseball bat with a leather strap hanging from a nail on the wall. It looked well used.

Go back inside and ask about said bat. Was told to smack the shit out of the plywood around the toilet seat to knock off the venomous spiders that live there. Not surprisingly I no longer felt the need to shit.

January is not the best time to do that trip….. Stinking hot and the red backs are more aggressive….

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Is this the redback that y'all are talking about?

Redback spider bites Australian man on penis

Yes……It could be worse…. If the outhouse was in the eastern states, particularly New South Wales, you would have to worry about funnel web spiders instead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_funnel-web_spider

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

Yes……It could be worse…. If the outhouse was in the eastern states, particularly New South Wales, you would have to worry about funnel web spiders instead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_funnel-web_spider

Guess you guys haven't seen this stuff yet. Cheap, too. I realize you guys have world class bugs, but they die too just like normal bugs.

Hot Shot Fogger 6 with Odor Neutralizer, 4 Count, 2 oz., Size: 1 Pack

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Guess you guys haven't seen this stuff yet. Cheap, too. I realize you guys have world class bugs, but they die too just like normal bugs.

Hot Shot Fogger 6 with Odor Neutralizer, 4 Count, 2 oz., Size: 1 Pack

The Aussie's had this shit called Baygon. Think it is illegal in the northern hemisphere. Feeling old when I say that I was traipsing around there 29 years ago!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gong Show said:

The Aussie's had this shit called Baygon. Think it is illegal in the northern hemisphere. Feeling old when I say that I was traipsing around there 29 years ago!

To be driving a Mitsubishi Sigma around, let alone outback, it would have to have been around thirty years ago….. Whacking the plywood bench around the toilet seat with a baseball bat (surprised it wasn’t an old cricket bat) is far more environmentally friendly and cheaper than Baygon…..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Baygon was used in the Gold Coast, we took over a flat that the 'city' owned and allowed performers and such to stay at. Unsure how we pulled that off, but the previous performer was some sort of juggler and he loved cockroaches. The cupboard under the sink was three roaches deep on all surfaces. We threw the mattresses outside and was told to use a couple of cans of Baygon and then air out the place for two days.

Good times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 6:20 AM, Gong Show said:

When in Aus, I drove a sigma up through the red centre in January.

Did a road stop in Pimba. Had a couple of cold ones and asked for the toilet. Was told there is a dunny out back. Opened the door to the dunny and there is a shortened baseball bat with a leather strap hanging from a nail on the wall. It looked well used.

Go back inside and ask about said bat. Was told to smack the shit out of the plywood around the toilet seat to knock off the red backs. Not surprisingly I no longer felt the need to shit.

You be lucky.  A least they didn't tell you about the drop bears....

Then you wouldn't have gotten any sleep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

You be lucky.  A least they didn't tell you about the drop bears....

Then you wouldn't have gotten any sleep.

So I get that the dunnie is a long drop but what are drop bears?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dyslexic dog said:

So I get that the dunnie is a long drop but what are drop bears?

Drop bears are a carnivorous subspecies of Koala.  Rare but vicious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dyslexic dog said:

So I get that the dunnie is a long drop but what are drop bears?

Drop bears are your worse nightmare.  They are more dangerous than any other wildlife on the continent.  Think of a cross between a badger and a grizzly bear, except they are so damned cute.  But keep in mind that a lot of women fit that description as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dyslexic dog said:

So I get that the dunnie is a long drop but what are drop bears?

Closely related to the North American Sidehill Gouger.

Distantly related to the Jackalope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Closely related to the North American Sidehill Gouger.

Distantly related to the Jackalope.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 11:18 AM, Blue Crab said:

Guess you guys haven't seen this stuff yet. Cheap, too. I realize you guys have world class bugs, but they die too just like normal bugs.

Hot Shot Fogger 6 with Odor Neutralizer, 4 Count, 2 oz., Size: 1 Pack

once got a free Grampaian 12  (Canadian company bought out by Oday in the 70s who added 2 feet to the molds several times creating the Javelin, Day sailor etc..).  The hull had been sitting under a chicken coop for 20 years with a complete coating of chicken shit.  

After getting it home and washing it out, there were insects deep in the recesses I could not access.  So I tossed a couple of these foggers in there and closed it up.

Came back 2 days later and EVERYTHING was dead.  Boat's yellow gelcoat was perfect as the UV never got through the chicken shit.  Added new lines and sails and had a hell of boat.

 

Those foggers really work!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see the face of the insurance guy, when the poor driver of the grey sedan made his insurance claim...

" - What happened?

  - A naked black man with green socks standing in the middle of the road ripped off the front bumper of my car..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

wonder what would happen if you walked up and gave it a yank..

One way or another you'd be in deep shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Left Shift said:

gquaj8jm5r761.thumb.jpg.5c7bcd0744c8ca2281c407ca7776a603.jpg

I wonder if she knows the children's performance artist known as img_6774.pngRainbow Dildo Butt Monkey?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...