• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

Oh…..I got stories…… ‘One of our beach towns had a crazy local everybody called “The French Lady”. I think she was homeless but not sure. She was thin….complete grey hair worn in a big single bra

The very rare and endangered Labrador Seal.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bmiller said:

RIMG0535-X2.jpg

Is this a failure, or did somebody take the time to cut a seized nut off the ball?  My guess is the ball is too big, Tractor Supply is closed and they really need to move the wakeboat tonight, before the repo guy shows up.   

35 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Wood doesn't stress fracture like that

IS A WOOD TRUCK HITCH SAFE TO USE? - YouTube

This is fantastic joinery.   I really hope those are butt joints and a nail gun holding it together, cunningly using fastners and grain in the weakest possible directions.   Unfortunately it appears the safety chains (if used) will have to be fastened to steel.   

1 hour ago, Lark said:

Is this a failure, or did somebody take the time to cut a seized nut off the ball?  My guess is the ball is too big, Tractor Supply is closed and they really need to move the wakeboat tonight, before the repo guy shows up.   

This is fantastic joinery.   I really hope those are butt joints and a nail gun holding it together, cunningly using fastners and grain in the weakest possible directions.   Unfortunately it appears the safety chains (if used) will have to be fastened to steel.   

This is a colossal human failure. Local companies use retired school busses and trailers to haul customers and equipment. Apparently the hitch slid out of the receiver and he drug the trailer by the safety chains long enough to grind the nut and 1 inch shank off the bottom of the ball before it finally gave up and separated from the hitch. Yes it was ground off by the dragging on the pavement, not a shear. I found the hitch about a half mile away from the bus, the ball was still in the coupler on the trailer, it was quite warm. Fortunately I had a spare hitch and hitch pin, after checking the trailer coupler we got him back in service.

Most likely the driver forgot the hitch pin or the clip that prevents it from wiggling out. Imagine if the chains failed?

26 minutes ago, bmiller said:

This is a colossal human failure. Local companies use retired school busses and trailers to haul customers and equipment. Apparently the hitch slid out of the receiver and he drug the trailer by the safety chains long enough to grind the nut and 1 inch shank off the bottom of the ball before it finally gave up and separated from the hitch. Yes it was ground off by the dragging on the pavement, not a shear. I found the hitch about a half mile away from the bus, the ball was still in the coupler on the trailer, it was quite warm. Fortunately I had a spare hitch and hitch pin, after checking the trailer coupler we got him back in service.

Most likely the driver forgot the hitch pin or the clip that prevents it from wiggling out. Imagine if the chains failed?

What a mental picture.   I was trying to figure out how the cut left the  bolt end so smooth.       I probably should replace the drawbar that was in a rear ending, just in case the ball was stressed at the neck.   

4 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

this just isn't right...

q8r4ncbi5sd71.jpg

I dunno....  much effort went into the color matching choice.

They had to wait weeks for that special order color.

1 hour ago, Windward said:

May be an image of car and road

No idea on the 3 words thing... was just in the image...  ignore that part.

Will buff out.

• Like 1
On 7/27/2021 at 7:27 PM, bmiller said:

i'm guessing one of those whitewater rafting trips..

5 hours ago, Windward said:

May be an image of car and road

No idea on the 3 words thing... was just in the image...  ignore that part.

one more payment! ...

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, P_Wop said:

May be an image of food and text

I believe you can cook them too.

This is the LNQR thread.  the 'NQR' stands for 'Not Quite Right', not the  'Completely Out of the Question or 'Too Bizarre to be Believed' thread.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

This is the LNQR thread.  the 'NQR' stands for 'Not Quite Right', not the  'Completely Out of the Question or 'Too Bizarre to be Believed' thread.  

I'm glad you approve!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, See Level said:

Why?

decadence-the-bentley-flying-spur-pickup-truck-was-actually-made-to-be-driven_6.jpg

"Bring out the cushions, please, Charles.  And the picnic hamper, and don't forget the ice bucket for the magnum of Krug.  Now, let's watch the polo."

That's why.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, P_Wop said:

"Bring out the cushions, please, Charles.  And the picnic hamper, and don't forget the ice bucket for the magnum of Krug.  Now, let's watch the polo."

That's why.

Gotta appreciate the use of "please".

4 hours ago, bmiller said:

How will this be enforced? 

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-supreme-court-rules-gas-204500041.html

Talk about a can of worms.

Everything here is pay at the pump - HTF are they expected to know if a customer is drunk?

Stupid politicians playing to the peanut gallery.

14 hours ago, P_Wop said:

That's why.

if that were the case, there'd be a pop up bimini ..

that truck is for pulling one of these  

61c56f288f62c9e6902a2450210f61e0.jpg

6 hours ago, bmiller said:

How will this be enforced? 

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-supreme-court-rules-gas-204500041.html

Talk about a can of worms.

Tennessee is the only other state to place the liability on filling station

bunch of dumb fucks in both states...   both are self service states and  how is law enforcement supposed to know when they filled with gas.... 

On 6/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, floating dutchman said:

Female weight lifter's hopes and dreams are in jeopardy after injury.

https://babylonbee.com/news/female-weightlifter-suffers-tragic-testicle-injury-just-weeks-before-tokyo-olympics

Hubbard said while she's disappointed she won’t be able to live out her Olympic dreams this year, that’s just the way it goes. “Sometimes your testicles get in the way,” Hubbard said. “That’s just something we gals have to deal with.” 

image.png.f05e97c100d21bf9eb2df5ac4fdebf6f.png

3 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

image.png.f05e97c100d21bf9eb2df5ac4fdebf6f.png

We've had this discussion before. That's a satire site; although the 'female' weightlifter with a testicle is real the story is fake.

Fortunately 'she' came last at the Olympics, so as the last poster observed, it may be a satirical site but has a good reputation for phophesy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rambler said:

We've had this discussion before. That's a satire site; although the 'female' weightlifter with a testicle is real the story is fake.

Fortunately 'she' came last at the Olympics, so as the last poster observed, it may be a satirical site but has a good reputation for phophesy.

Reminds me of this old joke,

Tender touching

A man was lying in bed with his new girlfriend. After having great sex, she spent the next hour just rubbing his testicles -- something she loved to do.

"That feels so nice" he said. Then turned and asked her, "You seem to love doing that, but why?"

Because, she replied, "I miss mine."

57 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

first they put their shit on the side of the road billboards,  then moving trucks, and now this bullshit...   now I'm going to have to bring a wrist rocket to the beach..

aGpvyYz_700bwp.webp

What're we seeing there?  image on the board looks like a crab on the right side of someones thigh.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:48 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

wtf?

I wonder if this guy has his coffee cup yet ....

23 hours ago, slap said:

3jgphfh37gg71.jpg

I can understand seeing that online or in a store and getting a laugh - but actually buying and wearing it?

WTF was he thinking?

I watched an episode of Nova tonight about a lighthouse being moved.

The light was on Martha's Vineyard and its name was the Gay Head light.

Do you think they know?

If not, shouldn't someone tell them?