10 hours ago, Poodle56 said:

bad steering.jpg

I've got that one beat. Used a single vise grip as the steering wheel on a little speedboat as a kid. At the other end, the steering rod was connected to the engine via a jury rig involving very thick surgical tubing. It would occasionally pop off.

When I was looking for parts and described the system to an older guy in a marine store, he got an increasingly worried look on his face and finally just said, "I wouldn't do that."

My buddy and I cracked up and to this day we quote that line when appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

Oh…..I got stories…… ‘One of our beach towns had a crazy local everybody called “The French Lady”. I think she was homeless but not sure. She was thin….complete grey hair worn in a big single bra

Posted Images

On 11/4/2021 at 3:58 AM, Ed Lada said:

That's a photo of some good person here hauling @warbirdout of GA making for complete ass of himself by posting a steady stream of shit memes.  And his henchman @RedTunaisn't far behind.  

The gloves are off, I am out of patience with you two complete assholes.  I get it, you guys who I used to have a little respect for have turned into complete shitheads.  Now unkindly go in a dark corner and fuck yourselves.  Two motherfucking grown up assholes, acting like teenage idiots.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  But thanks for revealing your true fucked up personalities.  If I came across  either one you dickheads on fire, I wouldn't waste the time to even piss on your sorry asses to put the fire out.  As matter of fact, I would probably go find a can of gas to throw on the fire.  Just fuck the fuck off.

Someone must have told a Pollock joke again.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i'd thought y'all would be more into sheep

Ah yes, 

The classic sheep shagger quip... 

Pop the rear legs in the top of ya wellies to keep em in place, make sure you're near a cliff edge so they push back more... 

5 hours ago, bowman81 said:

Ah yes, 

The classic sheep shagger quip... 

Pop the rear legs in the top of ya wellies to keep em in place, make sure you're near a cliff edge so they push back more... 

3 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

And the Velcro gloves.  Don't forget the Velcro golves.

the pro's always knows the tricks..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

the pro's always knows the tricks..

Yea well my cussie bro is a bit of a sheep farmer, unfortunately his sister married an Aussie.

One day his brother in law came to visit so he showed this Aussie around the farm.  Way up by the back fence they came across a Ewe with it's head stuck in the fence.  My cussie bro doesn't miss a trick and quickly dropped his pants and proceeded to fuck the sheep.  Once he finished he offered his brother in law a turn.

He said "Well that looked like fun" and very quickly dropped his pants and stuck his head in the fence...

I mean, we love our Aussie cousins, but not that much.

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, floating dutchman said:

Yea well my cussie bro is a bit of a sheep farmer, unfortunately his sister married an Aussie.

One day his brother in law came to visit so he showed this Aussie around the farm.  Way up by the back fence they came across a Ewe with it's head stuck in the fence.  My cussie bro doesn't miss a trick and quickly dropped his pants and proceeded to fuck the sheep.  Once he finished he offered his brother in law a turn.

He said "Well that looked like fun" and very quickly dropped his pants and stuck his head in the fence...

I mean, we love our Aussie cousins, but not that much.

Is this the LNQR thread or the joke thread.... 

Things must be bad in Cali.

Got this note from a supplier the other day.

Jessica

This product is FDA approved for food contact and used in every country so you are good to go with it.

Our area is over run with homeless excrement, meth pipes, bloody needles so we are closing our business this month. If you want the product I will double the order for free.

--

Sincerely,

Walter

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 AM, More Cowbell2 said:

Things must be bad in Cali.

We are somewhat insulated from the worst of it but…..yes…..and getting worse. I have no comparison except the national propaganda that masquerades as “news” but…..from what I can tell we are not alone. 

51 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

That soundes prettey gloomey...

Gloomy is a little strong……I don’t feel gloom filled, in fact just the opposite, knowing that we are not promised tomorrow I am grateful for every day of my life. I try to separate the “things are not as good as they were” tendency from the reality of a changing culture……after all, I was part of a changing culture so I understand it’s evolution. Even given that awareness I see more and more polarization and conflict over things we could/should continue to work in concert over. Pop used to remind me “both Democrats and Republicans died next to each other on the beaches of Normandy”. Still…..extremists are emboldened, excuses for antisocial behavior abound. Knowing I am trespassing into the subject matter that consumes the PA swamp……I’ll leave it there. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Windward said:

lot of good wood on that bed..

As if the pic was not quite right to begin with.  Pink spread and throw pillows on a dildo framed bed?

and yet no mention of all the sex positions carved into it..

7 hours ago, Windward said:

My guess is that this is from either Hindu or Buddhist culture which used depictions of sexual acts to frighten off evil spirits.  Many temples in Nepal, for example, are adorned with these types of scenes.

1 minute ago, Rain Man said:

My guess is that this is from either Hindu or Buddhist culture which used depictions of sexual acts to frighten off evil spirits.  Many temples in Nepal, for example, are adorned with these types of scenes.

Hard pricks feature prominently in South Pacific culture as well…….

12 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

One cast mold and they decided to scale it down.  Sheesh.

2 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Evil spirits are afraid of dicks?

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Evil spirits are afraid of dicks?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tudal-an-erotic-art-in-hi_b_14083732

According to the article, the art wards off negative spirits, provides sex education, and prevents lightning hitting the temple.  

Several good arguments for convincing a reluctant partner I suppose, especially the lightning part in a thunderstorm.

14 hours ago, Rain Man said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tudal-an-erotic-art-in-hi_b_14083732

According to the article, the art wards off negative spirits, provides sex education, and prevents lightning hitting the temple.  

Several good arguments for convincing a reluctant partner I suppose, especially the lightning part in a thunderstorm.

Hate to quote myself, but it should be added that the people who created the carvings must have gotten laid a lot.  

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

What in the fucking fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck? 

It's a colloquialism, meant as a joke to my kiwi friends.

No need to get all exasperated.                                  

23 minutes ago, Willin' said:

It's a colloquialism, meant as a joke to my kiwi friends.

No need to get all exasperated.                                  

I understand that part.  I'm just trying to figure out how any same human would do that, much less do it in front of a crowd of people. 

7 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I understand that part.  I'm just trying to figure out how any same human would do that, much less do it in front of a crowd of people. 

Perhaps refer to rule 41 of the internet. It seems there may be some leakover into real life.

Things you don't really want to know!

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Definite golf clap.

Thank you and BR, Sometimes the references get a little old. Most of my residents don't get Ferris Bueller quotes

32 minutes ago, burndoc said:

Thank you and BR, Sometimes the references get a little old. Most of my residents don't get Ferris Bueller quotes

We are rapidly becoming weird old folks in the eyes of our kids and younger generations.   I work on a college campus and I’ll make a seeming witty pun referencing old movie (80-90’s) during a zoom meeting and nothing but crickets....

1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

We are rapidly becoming weird old folks in the eyes of our kids and younger generations.   I work on a college campus and I’ll make a seeming witty pun referencing old movie (80-90’s) during a zoom meeting and nothing but crickets....

Did the SNL Hans & Franz "we are going to pump you up" line with a couple of crew in there mid 20's. 

They looked at me with total confusion. My attempt at an  explanation resulted in a similar response. 

2 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

80 - 90's are recent movies - there's your problem.

Old movies are 40 - 50's.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, bowman81 said:

I mean... Each to their own and all but um... WTF. 

https://leakreality.com/video/26914/sophia-urista-pees-on-fan-s-face

That was posted yesterday.

Curiously appropriate last name I thought.

Remember the trouble Morrison got into for allegedly wagging his weenie on stage?

Now golden showers on stage only rate a sort of apology from the band.

If Alice Cooper, KISS et. al. were starting out now they'd have to go full on S&M on stage

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, slap said:

y9lfx9lwwvz71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Sometimes ya just gotta wonder……I was in the Navy with a guy who had a prop tattooed on each butt cheek while in Hong Kong. I was gonna get a skull on my arm with a sword through it, a snake crawling out the eyeholes and a banner that said “death before dishonor”. Fortunately I sobered up while waiting for the other 7 guys to get theirs. Came home….and still am…..tattoo free. Thus avoiding a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Sometimes ya just gotta wonder……I was in the Navy with a guy who had a prop tattooed on each butt cheek while in Hong Kong. I was gonna get a skull on my arm with a sword through it, a snake crawling out the eyeholes and a banner that said “death before dishonor”. Fortunately I sobered up while waiting for the other 7 guys to get theirs. Came home….and still am…..tattoo free. Thus avoiding a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

Tat's should be like guns - mandatory waiting period.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Woody's dream gal..

aLvPdB6_460swp.webp

I'm calling BS on that one.

Assuming she worked a normal work year of 2000 hours, she would have had to screw 3 dozen guys a day for 54 years.