• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

Oh…..I got stories…… ‘One of our beach towns had a crazy local everybody called “The French Lady”. I think she was homeless but not sure. She was thin….complete grey hair worn in a big single bra

PTSD.............jeepers its such a narrow impression people have a very broad set of "feelings" after some difficult event. Some folks are debilitated by their PTSD. Most carry some remnant of strong

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

That is NQR.

After 41 years of marriage, a daughter and a granddaughter I can confidently say I could fill at least five pages of that book.

Here's two general info pages just for a start.

Womens words.jpg

Attraction.jpg

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

I actually found a copy of that book on the discount table at a big Chinese restaurant/souvenir shop in the Carolina. Best $1 I ever spent...

Best book I ever saw at a Chinese restaurant was a recipe book titled "101 Ways to Wok Your Dog."

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I'm guessing it looks way better going away from you than coming towards you. I hope I can say that about 2022.

Too soon to be pessimistic about 2022, bunch of right-wing Freedom Fighters waiting to, well, die.  Too stupid to live.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I actually found a copy of that book on the discount table at a big Chinese restaurant/souvenir shop in the Carolina. Best $1 I ever spent...

Just trying to picture a Chinese restaurant/souvenir shop in Carolina is hurting my head!

General Tso hush puppies, possum lo mein, and bumper stickers with the Confederate battle flag in the souvenir shop!

4 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Someone's been fucking with the space/time continuum again...

Partly thanks to covid I find myself watching programs like "How The Universe Works" and details on Hubble and the new James Webb telescopes and find out they only look backwards. Everything they see has already happened. There is nothing new to see so blame it on those astronomers.

With the $$ we spend there should at least be some coming attractions.....

11 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Partly thanks to covid I find myself watching programs like "How The Universe Works" and details on Hubble and the new James Webb telescopes and find out they only look backwards. Everything they see has already happened. There is nothing new to see so blame it on those astronomers.

You want to violate causation?

7 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

You want to violate causation?

It's becausation - I know since after listening very carefully Led Zeppelin actually wrote

Causeway to Heaven.

And it makes me wonder
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May queen
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on
41 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The death of the Universe.    Coming in a few trillion years.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Black Sox said:

Eddie.

As in:

"Eddies in the space-time continuum"

Doesn't everyone know that?

Hey, hey, I'm already taking enough shit here.  Don't blame me for this space time thing, I have nothing to do with that!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Just trying to picture a Chinese restaurant/souvenir shop in Carolina is hurting my head!

General Tso hush puppies, possum lo mein, and bumper stickers with the Confederate battle flag in the souvenir shop!

I guess that means you have never stopped at South of the Border? Possum lo mein is pretty clever though.

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I guess that means you have never stopped at South of the Border? Possum lo mein is pretty clever though.

I have never been in the 'deep south'.  I spent a couple of months in Virginia in the Army and I lived in San Antonio, TX for 4 years.

Those experiences were enough.  I do like hush puppies, fried catfish and BBQ though.

4 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

5ce7f6e857f152d42ca3fcf9_South_of_the_Border_34.jpg

Well I certainly ate a lot of authentic Tex Mex food in San Antonio.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

When you said south of the border, I thought you were referring to the Mason Dixon line.  :lol: 

I'm a Yankee from Pennsylvania.  

For me, 'South of the Border' is Buffalo.  Or Lake Placid.  Maybe Seattle.  

Like USAnians, I used to cross the southern border for good times, good weather and cheap booze.  I don't cross so much any more.  

1 hour ago, Bugsy said:

For me, 'South of the Border' is Buffalo.  Or Lake Placid.  Maybe Seattle.  

Like USAnians, I used to cross the southern border for good times, good weather and cheap booze.  I don't cross so much any more.  

I used to go to Mexico for lunch, and all the stuff you described above. Never being able to take my kids to the Cadillac Bar in Nuevo Laredo is tragic. Damn cartels...

1 hour ago, Windward said:

I bet even PB hasn’t seen that.  

in CA, probably not LOL

I’m confident, despite her poor Tinder experience, a couple firefighters were willing to reward her enthusiasm with phone numbers.

7 minutes ago, Morgan Crewed said:

So, that link yiou provided was to World Daily News Report.  Did you see their logo at the top right of the page?  Or any of the other implausible articles?

Capture - Facts Don't Matter.JPG

Not for nothing but the alleged legitimate "news" sources aren't much better these days.

10 minutes ago, Morgan Crewed said:

So, that link yiou provided was to World Daily News Report.  Did you see their logo at the top right of the page?  Or any of the other implausible articles?

You would think that the bit about making love to a fire hydrant, let alone in the middle of winter, would have been a big tip off.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Morgan Crewed said:

You might want to go back through this entire thread looking for WNDR articles.  Not that I've posted any...

810.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RedTuna said:

You might want to go back through this entire thread looking for WNDR articles.  Not that I've posted any...

810.jpeg

Hey, even though the 'B' is missing on the sign, I've read legitimate news stories that when Florida gets the occasional freeze, the cold blooded iguanas get stiff and fall out of trees!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Windward said:

I bet even PB hasn’t seen that.  

Nope…….can’t say that I have! :lol:

We did have one gal in her 40’s I think - a frequent flyer - that about once or twice a month would call 911 and say she didn’t feel well, then take off all her clothes and lay just inside the front door face up and spread eagle toward the door. She would pretend to be unconscious right up till she was about to get transported or get an IV and then suddenly miraculously wake up and refuse transport. It was always fun when we’d have a rookie who wasn’t aware of the game and make him go in first and then dally a little outside so he’d be in there alone for a minute or so. Priceless. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Nope…….can’t say that I have! :lol:

We did have one gal in her 40’s I think - a frequent flyer - that about once or twice a month would call 911 and say she didn’t feel well, then take off all her clothes and lay just inside the front door face up and spread eagle toward the door. She would pretend to be unconscious right up till she was about to get transported or get an IV and then suddenly miraculously wake up and refuse transport. It was always fun when we’d have a rookie who wasn’t aware of the game and make him go in first and then dally a little outside so he’d be in there alone for a minute or so. Priceless. 

And that will be in the movie version of the book.

• Like 1
Just now, Point Break said:

I don’t think I look anything like her………

I don't think all the make-up in the world could make you look like a spread-eagled woman when you enter the house.  If your insistent, fine, Bradd Pitt, you want him face up or down? ;)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, RedTuna said:

Lego is making sets for every interest.

Screenshot 2021-12-25 at 21-57-02 3111047021_1d5002dabf_o webp (WEBP Image, 800 × 600 pixels).png

How much did you pay for that set?  Legos aren't cheap.

I prefer Lego Technic models myself, I'm getting too old for that BD/SM stuff.

They've come a long way since I was a kid and all you got were blocks and bases.  The rotating strip mining bucket excavator has 2 motors and switches to control the model.   The Liebherr excavator has 4,000 pieces, 7 motors, 2 bluetooth hubs, and you operate it with an app on your phone! 

Those damn Danish engineers are clever folks.   

L3.jpg

L1.jpg

LH 6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I hope Thaive gotte a belte on hiime, hese standeng on thr 'deathe seate'

Anybody that loves an animal that much probably is taking the correct precautions!

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Not the first time I've seen that done.

There must be some sort of reason for it - other than laziness or idiocy that is.

Maybe, but what rational reason could there be for doing such a thing????

Not to mention you need a healthy amount of horsepower to push that mess through the water at that speed.

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Maybe, but what rational reason could there be for doing such a thing????

Not to mention you need a healthy amount of horsepower to push that mess through the water at that speed.

Maybe transferring the trailer to a spot beside the cabin for summer instead of leaving it at the trailer lot in yahoo-ville?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Not the first time I've seen that done.

There must be some sort of reason for it - other than laziness or idiocy that is.

if you've got an island cottage and store the boat there on the trailer, this isn't a bad way to get your trailer where it needs to be.