12 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Is this guy missing a skull?

No, just the contents.

You know where, over on PA, I've been saying that people don't want violent revolution?  I might be wrong about this guy.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

Oh…..I got stories…… ‘One of our beach towns had a crazy local everybody called “The French Lady”. I think she was homeless but not sure. She was thin….complete grey hair worn in a big single bra

PTSD.............jeepers its such a narrow impression people have a very broad set of "feelings" after some difficult event. Some folks are debilitated by their PTSD. Most carry some remnant of strong

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

FIZRQu7VQAE3Ven?format=jpg&name=small

No, but he's certainly taken his lumps.

And judging by his tattoos, rightfully so!

33 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

FIZRQu7VQAE3Ven?format=jpg&name=small

I think he's what used to be called a fathead.

26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I think he's what used to be called a fathead.

So you think that's the result of a botched cranial liposuction?  Could be, could be.

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Either that or he's a Klingon 1/2 breed.

At this point, I'm ready to go with "all of the above".

On 1/4/2022 at 2:04 PM, Ed Lada said:

10 cm of snow was a dusting where I grew up.  The only reason we would bother to clear 10 cm is that invariably 30-50 cm of would fall in a few more days and it would just be harder to clear the total accumulation.   

Shoveling snow is a Sisyphean task to be sure.

I'm sure that was with rear wheel drive and no positraction.   Lake effect drivers are the best.  My grandfather, at age 87, drove like a New York Cabbie.... until it snowed, then the Grand Marquois was driven gently and with precision.   

Also spotted, a Cleveland Cop getting out of his car and helping a little old lady cross the street.   The piles of snow on the side of the road were taller then she was and she couldn't climb over them without help.   

Them were the days.   As of Christmas, Buffalo hadn't had any snow yet!  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Lark said:

I'm sure that was with rear wheel drive and no positraction.   Lake effect drivers are the best.  My grandfather, at age 87, drove like a New York Cabbie.... until it snowed, then the Grand Marquois was driven gently and with precision.   

Also spotted, a Cleveland Cop getting out of his car and helping a little old lady cross the street.   The piles of snow on the side of the road were taller then she was and she couldn't climb over them without help.   

Them were the days.   As of Christmas, Buffalo hadn't had any snow yet!  

Oh yeah, those big powerful V8s, rear wheel drive, no ABS, no traction control, no all wheel drive.

When you learned to drive on snow covered, icy roads under those conditions, you knew how to drive.  All these years later, with ABS, I feel strange holding the brake pedal down at the ABS pumps the brakes faster than any human foot ever could, and I want to pump the brakes!  :lol:

No snow in Buffalo at Christmas????   Inconceivable!  Truly a sign of the end times.

2 hours ago, RedTuna said:

Can someone explain to me how a drive through strip tease works?

9665157_orig.jpg

I was wondering what also would be if it wasn't live in the first place.

16 minutes ago, hobot said:

I was wondering what also would be if it wasn't live in the first place.

There at one time was a strip club as one was driving to LAX on the North side of the street.  They had signs advertising Nude Nudes.  One time we had a couple of hours to kill and stopped in.  To the right, tits and alcohol.  To the left, totally nude but no booze.  We hesitated for a few nanoseconds.  

Dead Striptease or Dressed Nudes probably wouldn't sell.

40 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Cal my man, think outside of the box!

You could open a club offering both and call it the Oxymoron Gentleman's club!  

The place with the nude-no alcohol section probably had to do with state laws.  Fucking puritans still have some influence on these matters. 

Outside of the Erie city limit is a place we frequented in my youth.  When we went years ago, they served alcohol but the strippers had to keep their bottoms on and wear pasties.  I've been told that about 10 or 15 years ago, they sold their liquor license, and made it a private club and BYOB.  Private clubs in PA that don't serve alcohol can pretty much do whatever they want.  The cover charge is you club 'membership' fee.  It's still in business.  If you ever get back to Erie, it's called the Partner's Tavern, it's on State Route 5 aka East Lake Rd., in Harborcreek.  Actually not far from my friend's house where we were, less than a half mile from there.  Just in case you want to go there.  ;)

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Kinda licke driveng throuh funerealle home..........                                      :)

:)

For the family that really cares.

Just not enough to get their asses out of the car.

6 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

Is he the dude that spent a year on the international space station or was that his brother?

Yes, then retired from NASA and the Navy. Now a Senator…ran after his wife was shot in 2011 and then resigned as a US Representative .

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

For the family that really cares.

Just not enough to get their asses out of the car.

It was in response to Covid and one that I thought was pretty cool.  I'm not a funeral fan, but for some, it's a pretty important ritual and this workaround I'm sure provided closure for some.  Me, I'd have pounded on the window and told them they fucked up my order and launched a Joe Pesci type rant.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

There at one time was a strip club as one was driving to LAX on the North side of the street.  They had signs advertising Nude Nudes.  One time we had a couple of hours to kill and stopped in.  To the right, tits and alcohol.  To the left, totally nude but no booze.  We hesitated for a few nanoseconds.  

dual club are usually found where the drinking limit is 21.

all nude / no booze is for the 18-21 yo who will pay to see dancers.

The booze with panties is for the over 21 clients.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Foreverslow said:

dual club are usually found where the drinking limit is 21.

all nude / no booze is for the 18-21 yo who will pay to see dancers.

The booze with panties is for the over 21 clients.

Good to know, we didn't drink that afternoon.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:01 AM, Ed Lada said:

Oh yeah, those big powerful V8s, rear wheel drive, no ABS, no traction control, no all wheel drive.

When you learned to drive on snow covered, icy roads under those conditions, you knew how to drive.  All these years later, with ABS, I feel strange holding the brake pedal down at the ABS pumps the brakes faster than any human foot ever could, and I want to pump the brakes!  :lol:

No snow in Buffalo at Christmas????   Inconceivable!  Truly a sign of the end times.

It's tough to go from those computer controlled cars back to the old tech. I get used to the Mazda anti-locking the brakes and controlling traction, then I get into the Chevy G20 with none of that and it takes a full few seconds to remember that I am now the computer that has to keep it out of the rhubarb.

16 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

It was in response to Covid and one that I thought was pretty cool.  I'm not a funeral fan, but for some, it's a pretty important ritual and this workaround I'm sure provided closure for some.  Me, I'd have pounded on the window and told them they fucked up my order and launched a Joe Pesci type rant.

"The Fuck You At The Drive Through"

At a funeral home?

EWWWWW.

23 hours ago, slap said:

wzf2tb7mgsa81.png

Actually it is trite, has terrible drafting, clumsy brushwork, dull colors, odd sense of proportion, no focus and of course, no humans.

The kind of thing you find leaning up against the wall in the back of a small town antique "shoppe".

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Actually it is trite, has terrible drafting, clumsy brushwork, dull colors, odd sense of proportion, no focus and of course, no humans.

The kind of thing you find leaning up against the wall in the back of a small town antique "shoppe".

Not to mention stairs in front of a window!

25 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

You say that like it's a bad thing!

I've seen much worse in many homes, probably bought at just such a shoppe.

The Vienna Art Academy rejected young Adolf's application twice.  If they hadn't perhaps the history of the world would be somewhat different today.

By the way, he painted people too, the problem was they were more lifeless than his buildings!

Adolf_Hitler_-_Wien_Oper.jpg

18 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Oune looke licke Winnie Churchille.............            :)

That's the beauty of art.  You see what you want to see!  

For example, I can easily pick out at least a half dozen Sailing Anarchists on the street car.

27 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

FB_IMG_16417413730211641767157.jpg

In my opinion, those Mach I Mustangs were a bloated piece of shit and a disgrace to the original concept. 

Well, in all fairness the Mustang II was probably even more embarrassing.  

I like the spirit of the ad though.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Hitler could have done with a few lessons on perspective as well…… In more ways than one?

4 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Hitler could have done with a few lessons on perspective as well…… In more ways than one?

Here is why the Vienna Art Academy turned him down.

"He took the two day entrance exam for the academy's school of painting. Confident and self assured, he awaited the result, quite sure he would get in. But failure struck him like a bolt of lightning. His test drawings were judged unsatisfactory and he was not admitted. Hitler was badly shaken by this rejection. He went back to the academy to get an explanation and was told his drawings showed a lack of talent for artistic painting, notably a lack of appreciation of the human form. He was told, however, that he had some ability for the field of architecture."

The art critics here notwithstanding, Hitler managed to sell enough of his paintings and postcards to enable him to move out of a public homeless shelter and into slightly better accommodations and support himself after a fashion.  He even had a few patrons that admired his work.

While his paintings were hardly accomplished there are far worse works that find buyers all of the time.  It's also worth consideration that Hitler's neo classical style was very popular at the time and many homes were full of such paintings.  

Does anybody remember when these things were quite the rage?  I do.  People were particularly fond of hanging large ones behind their living room couches.

black-velvet-art.jpeg

Clown-black-velvet-painting.jpg

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

In my opinion, those Mach I Mustangs were a bloated piece of shit and a disgrace to the original concept. 

Well, in all fairness the Mustang II was probably even more embarrassing.  

I like the spirit of the ad though.

They were pretty cool when they stuffed one of these in them.

1969 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 429

Just now, SloopJonB said:

They were pretty cool when they stuffed one of these in them.

1969 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 429

Yeah, but there were much cooler cars to stuff that monster into.  I always liked the Pontaic GTO with the 455 V8.  The epitome of a muscle car.

My 1979 Mustang GT with a 302(5L) V8 was probably quicker than the Mach I s with the 350 or 390 cu. in. 2 barrel carb engines, because it probably weighed almost half as much as the Mach l.

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

You say that like it's a bad thing!

I've seen much worse in many homes, probably bought at just such a shoppe.

The Vienna Art Academy rejected young Adolf's application twice.  If they hadn't perhaps the history of the world would be somewhat different today.

By the way, he painted people too, the problem was they were more lifeless than his buildings!

Well, yes, you can find some wonderful things in small, random shops and estate sales - such as a $30 Albrecht Durer - but they are rare.

00xp-durer-top-superJumbo-v2.jpg

As well as pure junk like that painting

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Well, yes, you can find some wonderful things in small, random shops and estate sales - such as a $30 Albrecht Durer - but they are rare.

The husband of one of my department heads once bought a couple of Dali sketches at a GS for like $10 each.

I know he was prolific but still...

44 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The husband of one of my department heads once bought a couple of Dali sketches at a GS for like $10 each.

I know he was prolific but still...

Well, the Durer was vetted by the highest authorities, verified as genuine and is being sold at auction for a target of $3,000,000.00. for a 100,000 percent ROI.

I really hope your friend does as well.