35 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Back in the day, I asked a number of ladies to come to my place and see my etchings...  

I remebbere that line........... wase populare in thoise olde Playboye storrey/jokes...........               :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

Oh…..I got stories…… ‘One of our beach towns had a crazy local everybody called “The French Lady”. I think she was homeless but not sure. She was thin….complete grey hair worn in a big single bra

PTSD.............jeepers its such a narrow impression people have a very broad set of "feelings" after some difficult event. Some folks are debilitated by their PTSD. Most carry some remnant of strong

Posted Images

12 hours ago, hobot said:

The top one is a flight through Portland, OR.

I've seen all sorts of military aircraft buzz the Gorge when I lived out there.

Maybe that's how they end their Columbia River Recon run....

3600.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

video showing vandals setting fire to a Christmas tree.

The arson caused more than $5,000 in damage to the city’s landmark buoy marking the southernmost point in the continental United States

ok,  that's made out of concrete and painted with house paint.  How the hell can they estimate the damage at $5k ? 

1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ok,  that's made out of concrete and painted with house paint.  How the hell can they estimate the damage at $5k ? 

governments buy $1000 dollar hammers and  $10000 toilet seats...  plus artists don't come cheap....

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Marcjsmith said:

governments buy $1000 dollar hammers and  $10000 toilet seats...  plus artists don't come cheap....

I doubt that job would require an artist.  Now union painters travelling all the way to the end of the Florida Keys...

36 minutes ago, hobot said:

Shoot, they're even merging with German precision!

No surprise there!

It was probably a condition to obtain the song rights.

5 hours ago, See Level said:

Because it's Florida

message-editor_1642011106438-rrtruckinline7.jpg

SA Yacht club tow vehicle?  

17 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

3600.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

video showing vandals setting fire to a Christmas tree.

The arson caused more than $5,000 in damage to the city’s landmark buoy marking the southernmost point in the continental United States

A more general reason that thing is NQR is that you can stand there and look to your right and see shoreline heading off to the SW.

It's the southernmost point that isn't part of a military base, but not the southernmost point.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Lochnerian Tom said:

A more general reason that thing is NQR is that you can stand there and look to your right and see shoreline heading off to the SW.

It's the southernmost point that isn't part of a military base, but not the southernmost point.

Well when they repaint it it's the perfect chance to correct the misinformation.  

"ALMOST the southernmost point in the continental US."

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Well when they repaint it it's the perfect chance to correct the misinformation.  

The southernmost civilian-acessible point...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I thought Key West was an island, so much for public school geography.

5 hours ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

I'm surprised the woke culture hasn't righted this wrong.

1 hour ago, The great unwashed said:

Maybe “southernmost point you can drive to from another state.” We here in Hawaii know that the southernmost point in a US state is South Point on the Big Island. 

Look up the word 'continental' in the dictionary.

2 hours ago, Tax Man said:

I thought Key West was an island, so much for public school geography.

And what does an island have to do with it?  They are all connected to the mainland by a bridge/causeway.  

So much for your public school education!  :lol:

19 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Look up the word 'continental' in the dictionary.

I did and it said nothing about a shitty breakfast that wouldn't satisfy a starving mouse.  Time to move on, who's for or against Astroturf?

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

I did and it said nothing about a shitty breakfast that wouldn't satisfy a starving mouse.  Time to move on, who's for or against Astroturf?

Didja ever notice how few fat people you see in Europe?  American tourists don't count.

31 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Didja ever notice how few fat people you see in Europe?  American tourists don't count.

I have met some pretty robust Germans who drank and smoked way too much.  But damn, they were always smiling and fun to be with.

To your point, I have yet to see All-You-Can-Eat buffets littered across Europe, here, at least three within 5 miles of where I'm sitting.

8 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I have met some pretty robust Germans who drank and smoked way too much.  But damn, they were always smiling and fun to be with.

To your point, I have yet to see All-You-Can-Eat buffets littered across Europe, here, at least three within 5 miles of where I'm sitting.

Was always stunned at the portion sizes in the US, quantity over quality and some benign value for money thinking, no wonder half the nation has a BMI problem.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Hmm, I lived in Germany a total of 11 years of my life and in my experience, fun and Germans isn't something you see every day.  Only place I've ever lived where like every other aspect of their lives, they have rules for fun too.  And nowadays smoking inside most places is verboten.  Hell, you can't even smoke inside the beer tents at the fests anymore. Drinking is still allowed though.

Off the top of my head, the only buffets I remember seeing were a few Chinese restaurants at lunch time.  When I worked for the Army in Heidelberg we would go down the street to one.  They probably shuddered when they saw Americans coming in the door.

9 hours ago, Rambler said:

No substitute for the F111 dump and burn :rolleyes:

Years ago, local boy was part of a flight of 3 F111's being delivered down the coast. When they passed Airlie Beach, he came down to about 500 feet, buzzed the Main street and went vertical, full afterburner, at the end of the street.

The locals were most impressed. I have no idea how deep the shit was that he ended up in.......

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

When I worked for the Army in Heidelberg we would go down the street to one.  They probably shuddered when they saw Americans coming in the door.

I was in Zurich in '85 for a conference and my GF tagged along.  We extended the trip and spent 3 days in Paris and left early in the afternoon to catch the next day's flight out of Frankfort.  It was raining cats and dogs and after 4hrs white-knuckling it, I had to stop, it just wasn't safe.  As we pulled off the Autobahn at Mannheim, there's a hotel at the end of the exit.  My hair was very short at the time.  So totally spent, we trudge into the lobby and ask for a room.  Regular or deluxe?  $30 or $50?  The clerk was Sgt Schultz redux, I pulled out my credit card and he's shaking his head, and I'm confused.  I walk to the door and point at the Visa emblem.  Schultz kept shaking his head.  At this point I only have a few francs and marks, not close to the room charge.  Things got more tense and finally Schultz looks at us and simply says Francais?  My GF was fluent.  They abba dabba doed for a minute and both broke out laughing.  He comes around the counter and sees our luggage followed by more laughter.  Nicest room I've ever had.

In the room, it all became clear.  He thought I was a US soldier from the nearby base and she was a hooker and we were going to skip on the bill.

Thanks Ed!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

He thought I was a US soldier from the nearby base and she was a hooker and we were going to skip on the bill.

In defense of the hotel clerk, you do have kind of a shifty loo about you Cal!  

Let's just say I was glad I was driving us around when we met.  Less chance of ending up in a shallow grave in a forest somewhere.  :lol:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ed Lada said:

Let's just say I was glad I was driving us around when we met.  Less chance of ending up in a shallow grave in a forest somewhere.  :lol:

You saw the shovel and lye in my trunk?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

...just blew my coffee over my keypad...(or do the "Forest people" not count?)-maybe less than in the USofA, but still plenty...

51 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Less chance of ending up in a shallow grave in a forest somewhere.

Yeah, what are the chances there being two serial killers in the same car?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Happy said:

Years ago, local boy was part of a flight of 3 F111's being delivered down the coast. When they passed Airlie Beach, he came down to about 500 feet, buzzed the Main street and went vertical, full afterburner, at the end of the street.

The locals were most impressed. I have no idea how deep the shit was that he ended up in.......

We had them do the dump and burn over Fannie Bay in Darwin - a couple of times.  I think it was something to do with the Mindil Markets, popular with tourists.  At night, it lit up the sky and the whole bay like the end of days.  F*cking impressive!  And the crackling noise ... I can still hear it!

The wildlife version of "bent over the kitchen counter".

Males are all alike, no matter the species.

It's not our fault.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, The great unwashed said:

Maybe “southernmost point you can drive to from another state.” We here in Hawaii know that the southernmost point in a US state is South Point on the Big Island. 

Actually, St Croix, USVI has you beat by 2 degrees. But the OP refers to continental US, which Key West, despite being an island, still is.

4 hours ago, Willin' said:

That would fit quite comfortably in the Oddly Terrifying subreddit!

Why does that make me think of NORK?

4 hours ago, herbie verstinx said:

If your going that route, include guam and american samoa.

I'll see your Samoa and raise you Palmer Station, Antarctica.

Oops, Autonomous beat me to it!  Dammit!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Willin' said:

I'll see your Samoa and raise you Palmer Station, Antarctica.

Oops, Autonomous beat me to it!  Dammit!

Well, fortunately or unfortunately Antarctica cannot be claimed so i was going with trust territories or electoral vote(s).

On 5/23/2020 at 12:15 AM, Rasputin22 said:

A Ferretti 530 is probably in the $500,000 to $600,000 price range on the used boat market and the extra 8' of length that the custom deck you see on this one would probably add $80,000 to the price! Just do the math, this guy is brilliant! And he probably got $25,000 when he sold the no longer needed passarelle... A Babe magnet for sure.

I found his next project awaiting him, this time a Feretti 80! 

http://www.towboatusftlauderdale.com/Images/Salvage_Gallery/Gallery_03/Gallery_03_03.jpg

http://www.towboatusftlauderdale.com/Images/Salvage_Gallery/Gallery_03/Gallery_03_02.jpg

This will all buff right out.

http://www.towboatusftlauderdale.com/Images/Salvage_Gallery/Gallery_03/Gallery_03_06.jpg

Feretti had a fire three days ago:

10 hours ago, RedTuna said:

9KuOajA.png

The obesity epidemic in the US is real.  Unfortunately it even affects kids unfortunately as is Eva Dent!

This may may not seem LONQR, but having lived in that region for a bunch of years - in some of the rural areas it’s not that far off  FF57333D-363C-48E8-AB0A-E4C381ABC394.jpeg.6921460960f95aa5e69fc43933faa618.jpeg

Of course the same could be said for rural Kentucky. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Been to lots of “underpass communities”…….very odd places……very odd.

Please share a story!  :)

9 hours ago, Burning Man said:

This may may not seem LONQR, but having lived in that region for a bunch of years - in some of the rural areas it’s not that far off  FF57333D-363C-48E8-AB0A-E4C381ABC394.jpeg.6921460960f95aa5e69fc43933faa618.jpeg

Of course the same could be said for rural Kentucky. Just saying. 

You have posted in some time and you come back to post this?  Really???  "...It's not that far off."  Do you think that excuses it?  You are pitiful.  Just pitiful.  Some things just aren't funny at all. Fucking disgusting.

Here, this is funnier.

BM.jpg

• Downvote 1
21 minutes ago, slap said:

Woman drives car on frozen river.  Car breaks through the ice.  So what does that woman do?

Screen-Shot-2022-01-17-at-9.33.52-AM-e16

Standes on car and sayes "ist notte my faullte...."

Didde I win the contestte?                        :)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, slap said:

Woman drives car on frozen river.  Car breaks through the ice.  So what does that woman do?

Screen-Shot-2022-01-17-at-9.33.52-AM-e16

did you see the video...  she was hauling ass down the river...

hey PB,   bet you haven't heard of this one...

A man and his partner’s attempt at a treatment for erectile dysfunction went disastrously wrong, according to his doctors. In a recent case report, they detail how his partner accidentally shot insulation foam into the man’s penis and bladder while a straw connected to the spray had been inserted into his urethra. Afterward, he began to urinate blood. Though doctors were able to remove the hardened foam eventually, the man will require further procedures to repair his urethra.

The unfortunate tale was published in the November issue of Urology Case Reports, though it only seems to have garnered media attention this week. According to the report, the 45-year-old man had been inserting various objects into his urethra for some time as an aid for erectile dysfunction. During one such occasion, he and his partner had decided to use a straw attached to a can of weatherproofing spray, when the partner “inadvertently pressed the button deploying the foam.” The foam then shot through his entire urethra, even filling up his bladder. The man waited three weeks before seeking medical attention at an emergency room, during which time he increasingly had difficulty urinating and urinating blood when he did.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

hey PB,   bet you haven't heard of this one...

Nope...........thats a new one for me............I had a guy who got his stuck in a jail cell bed sheet metal mattress support....and a guy who got his stuck in a vacuum cleaner (that was nasty), and a guy who simply cut his off and tossed it out the window........but nothing like the foam story...........way more things up the backside than the front side..........in guys anyway.