On 8/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, Black Sox said:

There’s a Mitsubishi Jeep/SUV badged here as the Pajero. Apparently they had a “moment” when it was released in Spain, where pajero means wanker.

I not only have a Mitsubishi Pajero, but it's a Pajero Pinin, the body was designed by the Pininfarina studio.

Sometimes the dogs like to go 4 wheeling in the forest with it.  Stanley doesn't like how Bella drives so he looks out the back window when she's at the wheel..

image.png.2274d741137be1b6a0527b5ff83ed686.png

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Snaggs, I'm not dismissing all of you folks.   Just most of them.   I've lived in the US, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Poland.  Each country has its charms and its problems.  I was in the A

Oh…..I got stories…… ‘One of our beach towns had a crazy local everybody called “The French Lady”. I think she was homeless but not sure. She was thin….complete grey hair worn in a big single bra

The very rare and endangered Labrador Seal.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I not only have a Mitsubishi Pajero, but it's a Pajero Pinin, the body was designed by the Pininfarina studio.

Sometimes the dogs like to go 4 wheeling in the forest with it.  Stanley doesn't like how Bella drives so he looks out the back window when she's at the wheel..

image.png.2274d741137be1b6a0527b5ff83ed686.png

So this was you.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

So this was you.

That's why Stanley can't watch when Bella drives! 

I won't get in the car with either one of them at the wheel.  Labs have great noses but they can't see worth shit.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, Grrr... said:

My wife called me at work once.  We were newlyweds, clueless, and out of dish washer detergent.  She asked if she could use dish soap.  I said "why not give it a try?".  I'll tell you exactly why not.  It looks just like that picture.  Our dog had a ball for a couple hours chasing suds through the house.

At college:

Me - We are out of dishwasher detergent, can I use the Joy?

Friend - Sure, but it really foams up, don't use too much.

I took that to mean about half as much as usual. What he meant was more like 2 drops. We had soapsuds waist deep :o

53 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

At college:

Me - We are out of dishwasher detergent, can I use the Joy?

Friend - Sure, but it really foams up, don't use too much.

I took that to mean about half as much as usual. What he meant was more like 2 drops. We had soapsuds waist deep :o

2 words:  Mister Roberts

24 minutes ago, chester said:

and what's a clutch??^_^

I have a  unique theft deterrent on my mustang. Standard Transmission!  Saves on valet fees too!

5 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Standard shifts are still reasonably common in Europe.

But I expect they will become rare here as well, at some point.

Was in Denmark a couple of years ago. Car rental offered me a cheap deal on a much better car if I was prepared to drive an auto. Surprised the shit out me but took the offer.

Years ago I had an original VW Rabbit 4 speed. Great car but one night on my way home from work my elbow was bothering me when I shifted. It spurred my curiosity so I counted gear changes on a couple of trips to work.

I was shifting gears 114 times each way - 228 gear shifts every day just going to work.

That was the last stick I owned. If I lived outside the city I might get one again, just like a motorcycle.

Besides, modern automatics are quicker and more economical than sticks.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Years ago I had an original VW Rabbit 4 speed. Great car but one night on my way home from work my elbow was bothering me when I shifted. It spurred my curiosity so I counted gear changes on a couple of trips to work.

I was shifting gears 114 times each way - 228 gear shifts ever day just going to work.

That was the last stick I owned. If I lived outside the city I might get one again, just like a motorcycle.

And it's a lot easier to avoid spilling your "coffee".

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Modern automatics do better in the EPA mileage tests.  In the EPA test cars with manual transmissions are shifted at certain predetermined speeds or engine rpms.  This would give repeatable results but ignores how a manual is used by a competent driver who would shift it accounting for other factors such as acceleration, deceleration, and going up and down hills.

I've owned both automatics and manuals, and have driven both on my commute to and from work.  My commute included driving 42 miles a day on the Washington Beltway.   I just enjoy driving manuals, and now that I don't need to have a large family hauler both of my cars have manuals.

1 hour ago, slap said:

how a manual is used by a competent driver who would shift it accounting for other factors such as acceleration, deceleration, and going up and down hills. 

There's always that pesky fly in the ointment. ;)

8 hours ago, Sidecar said:

The car would be internally haemorrhaging....

Normally if you push down the clutch and brake together you just stop and the engine doesn’t stall. No panic!! :)
Still think most cars in Europe are manual/stick shift. I rent cars in Central Europe a few times a month (outside Covid times) and don’t specify whether I want manual or auto. Rarely sit in an auto. In the narrow, steep streets around where I work an auto is harder work, especially any with an electronic handbrake.

Most cars in Europe are manual, However they do know most USA cars are automatic, so the majority of European hire companies will "automatically " issue a auto to an American. But it pays to check first if you are ordering a car...

Some modern small cars over here are actually Auto but set up as a manual, so you change gear manually to change the auto position.

That's with a normal H pattern gear lever not the near straight line on an auto box.

I've never owned an Automatic car, only manual, the only Autos I've driven were issued Hire cars.. I drive around 15,000 miles a year and never had a problem, until recently. Now an old sports injury to my left knee is beginning to show itself, and the heavy clutch on the Pre defender Land rover is starting to cause some pain . It's getting to time to decide on the Auto box conversion, or the Clutch servo assistor..

29 minutes ago, VWAP said:

after reading "The design relies on a new smartglass technology that turns the walls opaque when the door is locked" it became more LOQR

On 8/17/2020 at 6:24 PM, SloopJonB said:

I was shifting gears 114 times each way - 228 gear shifts every day just going to work.

and it's easier to hold a beer..

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:
On 8/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, MisterMoon said:

1761CCF4-5EB8-48C2-A227-814F60A97079.jpeg

That's gotta be photoshopped.  No way that boat wouldn't flip over with that much weight in the transom.

As unfuckingbelievable as it seems, but there have been multiple sightings and pictures.  A poster here lives in the area and has seen it...

16 hours ago, bowman81 said:

As unfuckingbelievable as it seems, but there have been multiple sightings and pictures.  A poster here lives in the area and has seen it...

It’s real.  It’s on my local lake. The guy who runs says he did it for the attention it generates. 

After having to endure Woodie bashing on Jeeps since 2005, and now being a proud Jeep owner in 2020, I have to ask if this could be his Jeep?

Kidding Woodie... I hope you are enjoying your Liberty.  :)

17 minutes ago, Trovão said:

macramé lesson?

Wouldn't be an issue if they had some of those sensible bull-rails.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borax Johnson said:
On 8/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, Snaggletooth said:

powere boattere.....................                    :)

Goourdeinne notte?

Ime am siurre, theire is nowelledge notte to be messte withe..............                        :)

Well, the matching spare would pull the tailgate right off.   So perhaps this is just one of those temporary use spares?

Yup...  thats it.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 4:16 AM, Burning Man said:

That's going to be an expensive cleanup!

Premium-deluxe-triple XL fire prevention system, shouldn't be too much of a problem. There's a couple of videos lying around somewhere of the RN and USN testing those fire prevention systems on their aircraft carriers, even more impressive. 

On 8/23/2020 at 5:29 PM, VWAP said:

That shit can stop, 2020's been hard enough. 

_____

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-13/zimbabwe-offers-land-to-recompense-dispossessed-white-farmers

Pretty pretty please come back after we kicked you out and let our cronies hack you to death with machetes*

*source: one of my neighbours was/is of rhodesian descent, he was in the UK in 1980,  the rest of his family weren't, they were all hacked to death with machetes by mugabe's strong men. Not an isolated tale or incident. He has never been back since. Obvious tensions and the duality of Rhodesia not withstanding, nobody should deserve that, and that country deserves a lot better. 

35 minutes ago, Windward said:

Well, the matching spare would pull the tailgate right off.   So perhaps this is just one of those temporary use spares?

Yup...  thats it.

I like that its actually undersized. At least the dude has a sense of humor. I drive a Miata. He would get big air as he crushed me....

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

How do they make it illegal? What reg's disqualify it from the road?

well in Tx

According to Texas.gov, the maximum height of your vehicle can be no more than 14 feet in total. The height of the bumper is not specified, but the headlamps should be no more than 54 inches and not less than 24 inches from the ground.

any more or less is no longer street legal...   you can have a grossly lifted truck and drive off road

3 hours ago, sshow bob said:

I like that its actually undersized. At least the dude has a sense of humor. I drive a Miata. He would get big air as he crushed me....

He probably wouldn't even notice.

"Didi you feel a bump?"

A couple of co-workers went through something similar. One with a large lifted pickup with big tires and a lot of articulation, the other with a jetta. The pickup owner was backing up and due to the size difference and the slope of the lot didn't see or apparently feel the jetta until one of the tires was over the hood and up to the windshield. oops. 

although not sure this is really not quite right ... maybe it is right.. discuss amongst yourselves...

Image may contain: text that says 'Uneasy feeling Ron Newman, of Chatham, Kent, was sentenced to 140 hours' community service by Croydon Crown Court after admitting hitting his friend over the head with a guitar because he kept playing the wrong chord in The Eagles' Peaceful, Easy Feeling.'

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

although not sure this is really not quite right ... maybe it is right.. discuss amongst yourselves...

Even if he hit the right chords, it's bad enough playing the Eagles' music.

2 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Even if he hit the right chords, it's bad enough playing the Eagles' music.

well that was sorta my first thought, being an ordained Dudeist n' all 

15 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

aXg46Wd_700bwp.webp

non-skid

Genius!    Costs nothing extra.

May retain stains due to the porosity, but a worthy effort.

Bonding below should be ok-ish.