cyclone

WoodenBoat May/June issue free download

Mine is coming snail mail, but online works too.

• Like 1

Wooden Boat is the only sailing mag I've ever subscribed to. I used to be ho-hum about it, but have grown to really love the magazine. Maybe it's getting better or maybe my perspective is changing, but I end up reading the whole thing, which is kind of surprising to me as I'm not exactly a traditional boat guy. 

• Like 1

It’s the last rag I still have a hard-copy in-the-mail subscription to.

My Dad used to get it for years and I would read them when I visited. Nice for a change. Still more of a Seahorse guy. Are they free download ye??????

21 hours ago, Russell Brown said:

Wooden Boat is the only sailing mag I've ever subscribed to. I used to be ho-hum about it, but have grown to really love the magazine. Maybe it's getting better or maybe my perspective is changing, but I end up reading the whole thing, which is kind of surprising to me as I'm not exactly a traditional boat guy. 

It is a process (or a disease). Give it a couple more years and you will be looking for a classic woodie to restore.

5 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

It is a process (or a disease). Give it a couple more years and you will be looking for a classic woodie to restore.

not if you live below the mason-dixon line..

On 4/8/2020 at 8:22 AM, Russell Brown said:

I think the writers do a tremendous job if telling a boat or person story. I would know or care about some Irish sail-powered fishing boat that ended up in the Falklands - but these folks that brought it home, and persevered? pretty cool. I'll say that I start with the last page and the "save a classic" - not that I'd ever have the resources to save a classic, but it's pretty cool.

A copy of Woodenboat is like launching an anti-productivity grenade into my life.  Time stops.  

• Like 1

I think Wooden Boat is the only magazine left that proofreads before going to print. They still miss a few. But the others - Sail, Sailing, Sailing World,  Cruising World - it’s like reading a third graders writing assignment. 

Minneys had boxes of old issues.  Have ~50 issues from ‘80’s to ‘’90’s.   I’m set for a couple years.  Never toss them.   They always have something in them that sets me off to further reading/projects.