Suggestions for best Netflix or Amazon Prime series

So we've exhausted most of our series we had been watching and I've been out of the US for a while without access (easily) to some of the newer good series on those two channels.  What are your reccy's for binge-worthy watching?

4 hours ago, Desert Racer said:

So we've exhausted most of our series we had been watching and I've been out of the US for a while without access (easily) to some of the newer good series on those two channels.  What are your reccy's for binge-worthy watching?

The Preacher on Amazon!!  

59 minutes ago, ROADKILL666 said:

See if you can find Mrs.Browns boys on Brit box.

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. 

20 minutes ago, nacradriver said:
3 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Outlander on Netflix - totally escapist historical fiction with a touch of sci fi and very well done. Makes one proud to be a Scot.

And that Catriona Balf is not shy about things helps.

So be it.......................

hq-00014(1).jpg

remindes me of firste seriouse love....    wishere welle............            :)          

stumbled across season 1 of Inspector Morse today  on Amazon.. loved that series..

but here is my list of streamers worth watching from my point of view, and in no particular order.. just the ones I remember.

Longmire, Travellers, the Expanse, Mrs Maisel, Comedians in Cars getting Coffee, Goliath, Carnival Row, Stranger Things, The Crown, I did watch a lot of Outlander but it sorta bogged down on me.

I've also taken some trips into the way back machine on Amazon to find some very old tv, including pilots of shit like Beverly Hillbillieis, Hogans Heroes, Get Smart and other staples from the 60s

the Motortrend channel has some fun car stuff on it, but their app sucks. The do have all of the original Top Gear seasons, so there's that. MT is one of the few streaming channels I pay extra for. Roadkill is fun, Hot Rod Garage is fun..

7 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

stumbled across season 1 of Inspector Morse today  on Amazon.. loved that series..

but here is my list of streamers worth watching from my point of view, and in no particular order.. just the ones I remember.

Longmire, Travellers, the Expanse, Mrs Maisel, Comedians in Cars getting Coffee, Goliath, Carnival Row, Stranger Things, The Crown, I did watch a lot of Outlander but it sorta bogged down on me.

I've also taken some trips into the way back machine on Amazon to find some very old tv, including pilots of shit like Beverly Hillbillieis, Hogans Heroes, Get Smart and other staples from the 60s

the Motortrend channel has some fun car stuff on it, but their app sucks. The do have all of the original Top Gear seasons, so there's that. MT is one of the few streaming channels I pay extra for. Roadkill is fun, Hot Rod Garage is fun..

Some of you guys have way too much TV time on your hands!!!  LOL!  Glad to still be working 5 1/2 days a week and getting a paycheck.  If I were home all those days, I'm afraid I would wind up at Betty Ford's drunk tank!  :lol:

11 hours ago, ROADKILL666 said:

Are you barking mad? Mrs Browns boys is funny as hell.

I’d rather disembowel myself with a blunt spoon.  I never, ever saw the appeal of it..... maybe it’s just me. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Hawaiidart said:

I LOVED the Jack Ryan series on Amazon! 

The Jack Ryan series is good as long as you completely shut off any knowledge of the books. It’s so far from the books it’s distracting. But if you treat it like a completely new story. It’s good. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chinabald said:

The Jack Ryan series is good as long as you completely shut off any knowledge of the books. It’s so far from the books it’s distracting. But if you treat it like a completely new story. It’s good. 

Agreed!

13 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

So be it.......................

hq-00014(1).jpg

remindes me of firste seriouse love....    wishere welle............            :)          

She is a very pretty lady.

34 minutes ago, IStream said:

She is a very pretty lady.

You think. In the very pretty lady, also very tall, is Michelle Dockery who played Lady Mary on Downton Abbey. She also stars in a western on Netflix called Godless. She has a completely authentic American accent and is not remotely glamorous as was the case with Lady Mary. I guess that is why they call it acting. Her accent in Downton Abbey was also phoney.

This is her in Godless and not the way she looked in DA.

image.png.46c6916ddaf2934e063224011cfc5646.png

TV Box sets binging?

I was a late comer to Succession, then devoured it with relish. Sabre sharp wit-n-twists

For distracting twitching mediaeval frolics then The Witcher was fun too… enough.

The Widow was short and sweet

And I too am just into Tiger King

A gay gun totting polygamist… Whodahtunkit?

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

You think. In the very pretty lady, also very tall, is Michelle Dockery who played Lady Mary on Downton Abbey. She also stars in a western on Netflix called Godless. She has a completely authentic American accent and is not remotely glamorous as was the case with Lady Mary. I guess that is why they call it acting. Her accent in Downton Abbey was also phoney.

This is her in Godless and not the way she looked in DA.

image.png.46c6916ddaf2934e063224011cfc5646.png

Godless was terrific.

18 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Luther, AmPrime

+1

15 hours ago, dolphinmaster said:

+1

17 hours ago, ROADKILL666 said:

Are you barking mad? Mrs Browns boys is funny as hell.

No. It's cringey, populist muck, despite Brendan O' Carroll being of Mensa-level intelligence.

Also, The Wire and Generation Kill.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Mark K said:

Yes, The Preacher was fun. 

Stranger Things, Netflix 

I recommend it to all my religious friends, with some surprising results! 

8 minutes ago, Desert Racer said:

The two series some of my team were talking about when I arrived back in the US was the Witcher and Lucifer.  Thoughts on these?

Lucifer is entertaining, especially if you appreciate the finer things in life. 

Right now through April 19th, Epix is free on our cable.It might be free if you just have the net. I checked out a new series of  "War of the Worlds". I'm on E5 of 8, different and  I need to finish season 1 to see if the bad guys show up.

4 hours ago, Desert Racer said:

ST was great!  Got through that in several marathon binge sessions a few months ago.

Check out The Preacher. 

Can't say much about Witcher. At episode 3 my wife, for some reason, said it was making her nauseous so that was as far as I got. Might dig back into it later sometime when she ain't around.  Plot is a bit hard to follow but the action was cool.  

The five 2019 episodes of Chernobyl.  HBO & Amazon.

The chilling story of the 1986 disaster.  Almost the best thing I've ever seen on TV.

If your other half loves animals, a big caution for episode 4.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, P_Wop said:

The five 2019 episodes of Chernobyl.  HBO & Amazon.

The chilling story of the 1986 disaster.  Almost the best thing I've ever seen on TV.

If your other half loves animals, a big caution for episode 4.

Oh that's a good call.  I remember saying that I wanted to see this when it came out.  I'll definitely go dig this one up.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

Bingeing "The Expanse" at the moment.  A couple of episodes into season 2.  Good character development, some deus ex machina moments and plot manipulation, but overall a pretty good story and engaging.

• Like 1

Giri/Haji on Netflix (Duty/Shame)

A story split between Tokyo and London; a Yakusa/Japanese police conflict with the story of 2 brothers at the center of it.

Really good script, excellent acting, excellent filming.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:47 PM, Jkdubz808 said:

The Expanse on Amazon.  Awesome space sifi adventure show, very well done.

didn't realize they'd kept making this once it dropped off netflix.  might have to do a prime trial to catch up.

For a bit of comedic relief, Kims Convenience on Netflix has 4 seasons.  Korean family run convenience store in Toronto.

I never see Sleeper Cell in these threads so there it is!  Two middle-aged Showtime seasons of fun terrorist shit.  Amazon Prime, I don't think you need the Showtime account.

We just finished Wild, Wild Country on Netflix. It is a 6 part documentary about the cult, with lots of money, that set up in Oregon in the 1980s. Does an excellent job of providing a balanced commentary on what happened. Sheela, the #2 in the cult until she left is an utterly fascinating person on many levels.

On Netflix

I really enjoyed Patriot (not Mel Gibson's The Patriot).  It only made it 2 seasons, but most of it is great.

Sex Education was hilarious.  Again only 2 seasons worth.  I lost track of it so it might not have ended as funny as it began.

I was always a big fan of White Collar and Person of Interest.

You didnt mention Hulu, but if you have Hulu I can not recommend Justified highly enough.  Based on an Elmor Leonard book it is my favorite series in the last 10+ years.  Only 6 seasons long.  It can be pretty violent, but the characters and dialog are exceptional.  It is also on Amazon Prime, but you have to pay by episode/season.

MS

If you like Maine you might enjoy Olive Kittredge. Very low key and only 4 episodes so an easy binge. Frances McDormand and Richard Jenkins nail it with deadpan humor.