Restarting America Means People Will Die. So When Should We Do It?

8 minutes ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

Then why are you posting here and not hitting on that hot single chick who hasn't been laid in 8 weeks over to your left by the wall?  

Just saying.  

They show up later.  I was content with a super mellow happy hour crowd of grown ups that all played by the recommended rules. 

The news loves to find the pictures of the places acting full blown stupid. The reality is that most of the bars are pretty laid back and easing back into life with social distancing.  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're a smart guy. You're obviously aware that New Zealand is a suburb of Bondi, just round the corner from Random's joint in Queensland.  BJ can just yell over the fence at him.  Yes, the USA i

As much as I agree with the concept, I don't think it's possible to have a rational national discussion.  I don't think there's an appetite for a rational discussion on this board, let alone the great

Of course what I think has not bearing.  But the example was raised and I am free to render my opinion--if Bus Driver didn't want a reaction, he wouldn't have posted that.   I actually feel sorry for

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Appropriate analogy: "The curve is flattening so we can start lifting restrictions now" = "The parachute has slowed our rate of descent, so we can take it off now". 

No that is NOT the appropriate analogy.  No one ever said:  "Take off the parachute in flight".  Flattening the curve was about hospital capacity.  No one is suggesting removing ALL mitigation efforts such as masks and Social distancing.  But the intent was that the strict lockdowns would last only so long as the hospital capacity could cope.  It's coping in most places, so it's reasonable that those areas begin to open up and get back to work while still taking some reasonable precautions.  We can't stay in an extreme lockdown/mitigation posture forever just to save a few more lives.  I'm sorry that sounds cold hearted.  As in everything, it's a risk/reward calculation that has to go on all the time.  This time is no different.  

12 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Appropriate analogy: "The curve is flattening so we can start lifting restrictions now" = "The parachute has slowed our rate of descent, so we can take it off now". 

You should probably head to the basement. Just being inside may not be safe enough for you now. 

14 minutes ago, Monkey said:

They show up later.  I was content with a super mellow happy hour crowd of grown ups that all played by the recommended rules. 

The news loves to find the pictures of the places acting full blown stupid. The reality is that most of the bars are pretty laid back and easing back into life with social distancing.  

Good to hear.  I'm not seeing that as much here.  I haven't been out to bars, but I'm seeing more and more folks out in stores without masks and more people ignoring the 6ft bubble.  Cunts!

1 minute ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

Good to hear.  I'm not seeing that as much here.  I haven't been out to bars, but I'm seeing more and more folks out in stores without masks and more people ignoring the 6ft bubble.  Cunts!

I’m not dead yet, but at 40, I mostly act like a grown up. (Some times).  It turns out there’s a lot of people just like me. With all rules gone, most of us are choosing places we can carefully ease back into a normal life. I know it’s an added risk, but wow, it’s hard to explain. It just feels good to feel normal again. 

5 minutes ago, hasher said:
56 minutes ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

I knew somewhere inside there was a little love in you.

It's a far more powerful number than even 42.

11 hours ago, Saorsa said:

So, all the covidiots taking de Blasio and Pelosi's advice were right wingers?

How about all those spring breakers?

You just proved my point.

I realize you won't be able to comprehend this so find a 12 year old to explain it to you.

54 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

02CAC297-1533-410F-8017-3B6550C98E6B.jpeg

I’d support that, except I’m not an idiot. I’m home, but my truck is still in the bar’s parking lot. 

I should probably go get it tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

No that is NOT the appropriate analogy.  No one ever said:  "Take off the parachute in flight".  Flattening the curve was about hospital capacity.  No one is suggesting removing ALL mitigation efforts such as masks and Social distancing.  But the intent was that the strict lockdowns would last only so long as the hospital capacity could cope.  It's coping in most places, so it's reasonable that those areas begin to open up and get back to work while still taking some reasonable precautions.  We can't stay in an extreme lockdown/mitigation posture forever just to save a few more lives.  I'm sorry that sounds cold hearted.  As in everything, it's a risk/reward calculation that has to go on all the time.  This time is no different.  

At this point, it's more like trying to ferry people across a river with a forest fire behind you.

Until there's a vaccine, the fire will keep raging and those people at the back keep getting burned .  If there's a 'cure', then more boats show up and people can get across faster.  Until then, every leader gets to guess how many they should put on each ferry.  Everyone has to face the ride at some point.  But there's always some folks willing to risk the currents.  The younger./stronger you are, the more likely you are to risk the swim and less likely you are to 'stay in line' and wait your turn. 

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

At this point, it's more like trying to ferry people across a river with a forest fire behind you.

Until there's a vaccine, the fire will keep raging and those people at the back keep getting burned .  If there's a 'cure', then more boats show up and people can get across faster.  Until then, every leader gets to guess how many they should put on each ferry.  Everyone has to face the ride at some point.  But there's always some folks willing to risk the currents.  The younger./stronger you are, the more likely you are to risk the swim and less likely you are to 'stay in line' and wait your turn. 

There is a nice closed communtiy of healthy young(ish) folks on board the USS Roosevelt.

Google that one and look at the actual numbers of infections and descriptions over time.  It's a  reasonably closed community and can certainly be tested and traced over time.

Bad news from today is that 5 have gotten infected for the second time so the presence of antibodies may not guarantee immunity.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/05/15/five-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-re-test-positive-for-covid-19/

Some of the studies on anti-virals may be more encouraging than a vaccine at this point.

10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

There is a nice closed communtiy of healthy young(ish) folks on board the USS Roosevelt.

Google that one and look at the actual numbers of infections and descriptions over time.  It's a  reasonably closed community and can certainly be tested and traced over time.

Bad news from today is that 5 have gotten infected for the second time so the presence of antibodies may not guarantee immunity.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/05/15/five-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-re-test-positive-for-covid-19/

Some of the studies on anti-virals may be more encouraging than a vaccine at this point.

Those settings are really important because they're the closest thing to a 'controlled experiment' you're going to be able to run in practice.  I truly believe the Diamond Princess provided the data that few world leaders could ignore.

The whole point of the antibody tests are to figure out what level generates practical immunity.  That's why people need booster shots and why a 'shingles' vaccine exists at all.  The reinfection cases are really unfortunate but super important.

5 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Those settings are really important because they're the closest thing to a 'controlled experiment' you're going to be able to run in practice.  I truly believe the Diamond Princess provided the data that few world leaders could ignore.

The whole point of the antibody tests are to figure out what level generates practical immunity.  That's why people need booster shots and why a 'shingles' vaccine exists at all.  The reinfection cases are really unfortunate but super important.

Absolutely.  It's going to take quite a while to sort through our current melange of data.

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

The Diamond Princess is interesting.  https://virusncov.com/covid-statistics/diamond-princess

The ship was carrying 3711 passengers and crew.  In the end, there were 711 cases reported and 13 deaths.

From the link above it appears that 48 are still considered infected.

23 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

The Diamond Princess is interesting.  https://virusncov.com/covid-statistics/diamond-princess

The ship was carrying 3711 passengers and crew.  In the end, there were 711 cases reported and 13 deaths.

From the link above it appears that 48 are still considered infected.

My county has 30 cases presently. But the tourists arrived full tilt yesterday.  

Masks? What masks?

13 hours ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

Then why are you posting here and not hitting on that hot single chick who hasn't been laid in 8 weeks over to your left by the wall?  

Just saying.  

There are no not chicks in Wisconsin. They’re all the size and shape of NFL linebackers gone to seed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

There are no not chicks in Wisconsin. They’re all the size and shape of NFL linebackers gone to seed.

Fair point.

21 minutes ago, chum said:

My wife has learned to use a deep fryer, my motivations to eat elsewhere have dropped to almost zero. I use curbside pickup, wear a mask, try not to touch anything, and wash my hands after going out. We weigh the necessity of every trip. Simple stuff really.

Aside from the deep fryer, we are the same.  We never eaten so well and I'm in better shape than I have been in a while.  We are up to 12-14 mile hikes now in the mountains 2x per week with usually around 2500-3500ish average elevation.  So lots of good climbing.  

I'm back at work now full time.  But the best part is if I'm not on the flight schedule, we are supposed to stay home.  We have to wear masks at work all the time and I wear a mask anytime I'm inside a store.  I'm just amazed at the number of people not wearing masks at all.  Especially the older folks.  It's like they think the virus suddenly vanished.  Oh well, I've always been a fan of darwinism.  Looks like this will be a full on demo of darwin at work in a way we've not seen in a while.  Good, the gene pool needs some cleansing.  

26 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

And hot single chicks have been using tinder like mad the past months.

And I'll bet you've had a lot of swipe LEFT on your account, huh?  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I’m hearing a lot of “I’m safe, comfortable and secure and this about others risking their lives for my emotions” Typical from you selfish cunts

That's ok jibsey.  Just stay inside.  I'll let you know when it's safe for you to come out of hiding.  

13 hours ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

Why bother with masks? You know they don’t protect you, they only protect others. If you don’t have it, you don’t need a mask, and clearly they don’t need masks or they wouldn’t be out and about. So why bother with masks? 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

What do you get when you mix unspecified anger and outrage with a lot of political butthurt and confine it to the basement for 8 weeks?

A candidate for the next school shooter?

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

What’s it gonna take for you to get going chumdumpster? When you gonna his the buffet, fucker? Because that’s the answer to when things are back to normal. Everything else is just keyboard kunt hypocrites. ...

I'd have gone with "keyboard kunt kypocrites."

3 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

im asking the hard question all the reopen bitches won’t answer - what’ll it take to get back to normal.

There is no such thing as "normal" anymore.  Didn't you hear?

37 minutes ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

There is no such thing as "normal" anymore.  Didn't you hear?

The purpose of throwing out a weasel word like "normal" is that an ambiguous definition, or none in this case, allows every answer to be 'right' or 'wrong' as internalized by the interrogator.

It is perfectly  normal for viral diseases to cross species.  It is perfectly normal for people to die of viral diseases.

So, by that definition, we have achieved the desired objective of Wonky Dong.

7 minutes ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

Just an update on the curve:

Snip20200516_22.png

Snip20200516_21.png

Making pretty fine distinctions in those categories.

What, exactly, distinguishes the Texas, Virginia, North Carolina or Alabama curves from Arizona or South Dakota's designation as "increasing"?   Or between Montana and Vermont on the "decrease" side?  

And no quantification of the length of curve segment to qualify as increasing, level or decreasing.  Or indication of size of the state.  Texas and Guam just aren't the same.

In any event, I suspect that the general national downslope is very largely driven by the reductions in New York.

35 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Making pretty fine distinctions in those categories.

What, exactly, distinguishes the Texas, Virginia, North Carolina or Alabama curves from Arizona or South Dakota's designation as "increasing"?   Or between Montana and Vermont on the "decrease" side?  

And no quantification of the length of curve segment to qualify as increasing, level or decreasing.  Or indication of size of the state.  Texas and Guam just aren't the same.

In any event, I suspect that the general national downslope is very largely driven by the reductions in New York.

Well, that's the plot of a 7 day average.  You might notice the two day weekend notch in the official NY stats.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Right now we have so many different data collection, reporting and presentation methods that it's hard to make a comparison between different sources.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:16 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Get the fuck out to the buffet, cunt. Get on your cruise. That’s normal, twatwaffle. You little selfish fucks screaming “I WANT TO REOPEN” while cowering in your bunkers ain’t normal.

Well, buffets and cruises suck. However, I’m enjoying life out at a bar right now. You’re the one cowering. 

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:
4 hours ago, Monkey said:

Well, buffets and cruises suck. However, I’m enjoying life out at a bar right now. You’re the one cowering. 

Cowering?

For not being an idiot and going to a bar during a pandemic?

You go with that.

While I don't wish for people to have a hardship like COVID befall them, I will have little sympathy for those who fall ill after ignoring warnings.

• Like 1

American exceptionalism, at its finest.  

7 hours ago, Monkey said:

Apparently you chose your handle well.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

While I don't wish for people to have a hardship like COVID befall them, I will have little sympathy for those who fall ill after ignoring warnings.

Ignoring is what ignorance is for.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Assholes like that are almost certainly the source for how Point got it.

I say fuck them - if they are too stupid and selfish to protect themselves, never mind actively exposing themselves,  they should get it and die quickly before they give it to any more intelligent people with a sense of self preservation.

Whitmer (D) of Michigan yesterday reopened parts of the state--the Upper Peninsula and Northern Lower Michigan (which happens to be where we are headed this weekend!).

• Restaurants and bars will be open at 50% capacity.
  • Non-essential retail (e.g., clothing boutiques) will be open.
  • Gatherings of 10 or fewer are permitted.
  • Face coverings are encouraged.
  • Social distancing is expected.

As I've said repeatedly on this forum, she is doing a decent job of handling the crisis.  It will be fun to be able to go sailing up there once the boat is in the water.

Hroth

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Except for the times you said she was manipulating it for political purposes so she could be picked as VP :lol:

She has manipulated the crisis for political purposes...but she has also done a good job of managing it.  Can't your simple mind understand that?  Doubtful...there is no emoji that goes with being an idiot.

Hroth

3 hours ago, hrothgar said:

Whitmer (D) of Michigan yesterday reopened parts of the state--the Upper Peninsula and Northern Lower Michigan (which happens to be where we are headed this weekend!).

• Restaurants and bars will be open at 50% capacity.
  • Non-essential retail (e.g., clothing boutiques) will be open.
  • Gatherings of 10 or fewer are permitted.
  • Face coverings are encouraged.
  • Social distancing is expected.

As I've said repeatedly on this forum, she is doing a decent job of handling the crisis.  It will be fun to be able to go sailing up there once the boat is in the water.

Hroth

That sounds pretty similar to what we've got in NZ, except for the facial coverings.

Of course, NZ has 1,500 cases total and no new one for the last week or so.

How's Michigan doing with that? I see ~50,000 cases, 5,000 dead to date and 4-500 new cases and 100+ dead in the last 24 hours?

I feel for the governors trying to do the right thing like Whitmer, but being pressured to re-open to early like this by idiots at the federal level and idiots in their constituencies. I'm not sure this is going to end well.

22 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

That sounds pretty similar to what we've got in NZ, except for the facial coverings.

Of course, NZ has 1,500 cases total and no new one for the last week or so.

How's Michigan doing with that? I see ~50,000 cases, 5,000 dead to date and 4-500 new cases and 100+ dead in the last 24 hours?

I feel for the governors trying to do the right thing like Whitmer, but being pressured to re-open to early like this by idiots at the federal level and idiots in their constituencies. I'm not sure this is going to end well.

this state is full of idiots

On 5/16/2020 at 2:57 PM, Saorsa said:

Well, that's the plot of a 7 day average.  You might notice the two day weekend notch in the official NY stats.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Right now we have so many different data collection, reporting and presentation methods that it's hard to make a comparison between different sources.

HA.......Who in the world could have possibly seen this coming, 

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Did you notice the post that responded to?  The NY data was used as an example, not proof of anything.

It was a question on the difference between states.

The daily testing on that same NY data site is interesting too.  There are two views available Percent testing positive and number tested.  It's got the same weekend notch.  It also shows (mirabile dictu) that once you start testing more people the lower the percentage of positive results.

Look like they are testing about 19000 people a day now and the positive rate has dropped from a 3 day average of 70% to about 10%. 

3 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Point Break

I clicked on the link and didn't immediately find anything and would prefer not to have to read through 3000+ replies.  Can you narrow that down at all please?  The implication is that PB has or had The Sickness!!!  If so, holy shit that sucks!  

4 minutes ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

I clicked on the link and didn't immediately find anything and would prefer not to have to read through 3000+ replies.  Can you narrow that down at all please?  The implication is that PB has or had The Sickness!!!  If so, holy shit that sucks! 

Posts 3143, 3148, and 3227

5 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Posts 3143, 3148, and 3227

Thanks, going there now.  I don't tend to click on BB's threads, so obviously I missed that one.

52 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Did you notice the post that responded to?  The NY data was used as an example, not proof of anything.

It was a question on the difference between states.

The daily testing on that same NY data site is interesting too.  There are two views available Percent testing positive and number tested.  It's got the same weekend notch.  It also shows (mirabile dictu) that once you start testing more people the lower the percentage of positive results.

Look like they are testing about 19000 people a day now and the positive rate has dropped from a 3 day average of 70% to about 10%. 

Gee, It would have been nice if someone had stepped in early and ran this damn outbreak correctly from the start, like the fed gove is supposed to do.  Who do we all know that could have done that? 

Instead we get a guy hawks meds that will kill you, defunds the very institution that is supposed to help, The WHO. (and I can't emphasize this enough) DURING A FUCKING PANDEMIC!!!!!, and instructs its elk to drink fucking bleach...  So, we have what you have just stated.....

"Right now we have so many different data collection, reporting and presentation methods that it's hard to make a comparison between different sources."

and we have my response..

Go ahead, defend the orange one...  I call BS on your little spin about NY BTW..  

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Gee, It would have been nice if someone had stepped in early and ran this damn outbreak correctly from the start, like the fed gove is supposed to do.  Who do we all know that could have done that? 

Instead we get a guy hawks meds that will kill you, defunds the very institution that is supposed to help, The WHO. (and I can't emphasize this enough) DURING A FUCKING PANDEMIC!!!!!, and instructs its elk to drink fucking bleach...  So, we have what you have just stated.....

"Right now we have so many different data collection, reporting and presentation methods that it's hard to make a comparison between different sources."

and we have my response..

Go ahead, defend the orange one...  I call BS on your little spin about NY BTW..  

I guess we have another one without the balls to answer the easy question.

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE AND WHEN WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IT?  Failing that, please find any evidence that any democrat made any constructive statement in regards to coronavirus in January.

I am not defending Trump, I am attacking stupidity.

Here is another silly little sciency thing you can answer.

If Hydroxychloroquine kills people; what is it about Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis that prevents heart attacks in people who take it?

It has been approved for Lupus since 1955

It has been approved for Rheumatoid Arthritis since at least 1988

OK then, I'll give you the 'yeahbut, yeahbut, yeahbut, it isn't approved for COVID-19 IF you can provide me the name of an alternative drug that the FDA has currently approved for COVID-19.

The three challenges above are open to anyone of course.

6 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

=

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE AND WHEN WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IT?  =

You've been answered 47 different times already and each time someone points to their response or any one of 100+ successful other governments' responses, your only recognition of an answer is to stop asking the question for a day or two.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You've been answered 47 different times already and each time someone points to their response or any one of 100+ successful other governments' responses, your only recognition of an answer is to stop asking the question for a day or two.

USA is doing pretty darned good regarding CV19.  

12 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE AND WHEN WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IT?  Failing that, please find any evidence that any democrat made any constructive statement in regards to coronavirus in January.

If Hydroxychloroquine kills people; what is it about Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis that prevents heart attacks in people who take it?

OK then, I'll give you the 'yeahbut, yeahbut, yeahbut, it isn't approved for COVID-19 IF you can provide me the name of an alternative drug that the FDA has currently approved for COVID-19.

If Hydroxychloroquine kills people; what is it about Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis that prevents heart attacks in people who take it?And I would assume that most of the people that have been taking that cocktail are pretty much monitored pretty extensively for heart issues and other stressors that occur.   When you take it all willie Nile for no apparent reason than to blow up liberal heads...  Not saying the orange one is not monitored, just saying that joe shotgun in texarcana is gonna see that and go down to the local fish store and die.  What part of that don't you get??  

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE AND WHEN WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IT?

Asked and answered.  Not gonna bother.  

IF you can provide me the name of an alternative drug that the FDA has currently approved for COVID-19.

There isn't one.  At least not one that does not have the potential to kill you...  

11 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

According to you all countries should have followed Chinas lead and duplicated what they did.

31 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Fuck off, the leadership question has been answered over and over. Just today Trump creates a demand for a drug that will kill even more people. How many dead do you want?

leadership by conspiracy theory is a proven killer.

29 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

According to you all countries should have followed Chinas lead and duplicated what they did.

I don't think I said that, though clearly if we did what China did once they figured out what was going on, we'd probably have an economy starting to wake up right now rather than a country full of people waiting to see what happens to the sky fairy worshippers and MAGA hat wearers after all going to the barber on the same day. China's numbers aren't reliable enough to base theories on though.

I do think NZ had a pretty good response, but if you need to do a big place with similar urban pop density as the US, try Australia.  If you'd like to see more, just click on any list of the dead people in each country.  Go ahead and skip past the US at the top and go maybe 50 or 60 down. Pick one of those country's responses and there's an example of what to do.  Pick the top 5 deadliest countries today and you'll find great examples of how to kill tens of thousands of your population through sheer incompetence.  Good thing there are so many countries to compare to or we might not know hot fatally bad at governing the new GOP is.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

There is no "If" moron.   A well known adverse affect is pro-longing the QT interval of your heart.  It can also permanently damage your eyes, but that is much more rare than the prolonged QT interval.  I don't know what you know about Lupus and RA but they are hellish diseases and people take hcq for them because it really helps and the benefits are worth the risks.  With Lupus your own immune system is systematically destroying your guts, joints, basically any organ. Both of those diseases are progressive and irreversible. That means they keep getting worse and there is no cure.  So ya, they take serious fucking drugs.  But guess what-- they get an ecg before they take it to see if there is any abnormality with their heart.     Here is a ecg strip with the classic Torsades de Pontes that happened from chronic prolonged QT interval.  You don't have to be a medical professional to know that you sure as shit don't want your ecg to look like this. 

paste_image65.gif

So ask yourself, do you want to risk such deadly adverse reactions for a drug with literally no proof that it can prevent you getting the Covid?  I'll take a hard pass.   

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I don't think I said that, though clearly if we did what China did once they figured out what was going on, we'd probably have an economy starting to wake up right now rather than a country full of people waiting to see what happens to the sky fairy worshippers and MAGA hat wearers after all going to the barber on the same day. China's numbers aren't reliable enough to base theories on though.

I do think NZ had a pretty good response, but if you need to do a big place with similar urban pop density as the US, try Australia.  If you'd like to see more, just click on any list of the dead people in each country.  Go ahead and skip past the US at the top and go maybe 50 or 60 down. Pick one of those country's responses and there's an example of what to do.  Pick the top 5 deadliest countries today and you'll find great examples of how to kill tens of thousands of your population through sheer incompetence.  Good thing there are so many countries to compare to or we might not know hot fatally bad at governing the new GOP is.

That first bit clean is on LR status, but I have been awake for 20 hrs so what do I know.  Anyway..  Good show.  I am gonna keep that last ship avatar...  :D

image.png

This is getting fucking stoopit. Jeezus. Taking hydroxychloroquine for lupus seems  like doing chemo for cancer. Appropriate to bring a known (likely lethal over long term over chronic use) toxin into the body if it slows the progression of a more rapidly progressing disease to net more (or quality of) life.  Prophylactic use sounds...I can't find words.

"That's not right, it's not even wrong."  Wolfgang Pauli

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PHIRKIN said:

This is getting fucking stoopit. Jeezus. Taking hydroxychloroquine for lupus seems  like doing chemo for cancer. Appropriate to bring a known (likely lethal over long term over chronic use) toxin into the body if it slows the progression of a more rapidly progressing disease to net more (or quality of) life.  Prophylactic use sounds...I can't find words.

"That's not right, it's not even wrong."  Wolfgang Pauli

Prophylactic use sounds like pulling a condom over your head. In Turnip's case, I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Prophylactic use sounds like pulling a condom over your head. In Turnip's case, I'm all for it.

Yes, I should amend my post. I encourage all Trump supporters to not only take HCQ, but take a lot of it.  How about it @Saorsa, you going to walk your talk?  Ask your doctor tomorrow to start it!

I have yet to see any of these Trump 'tards posting about how they went to church or a big gathering.  Bunch of Cucks.  Get your asses to church.  The Dems and science nerds are making this out to be way worse than it is. 

35 of the 92 people (38%) who attended services at a rural Arkansas church March 6–11 tested positive for the coronavirus, ultimately killing three

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6920e2.htm

2 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Trump Supporters.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:
2 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

USA is doing pretty darned good regarding CV19.  

You are delusional. Have another cup of bleach.

Rok Dog must be a Russian bot.

No-one is that stupid.

1 hour ago, Clove Hitch said:

I have yet to see any of these Trump 'tards posting about how they went to church or a big gathering.  Bunch of Cucks.  Get your asses to church.  The Dems and science nerds are making this out to be way worse than it is. 

35 of the 92 people (38%) who attended services at a rural Arkansas church March 6–11 tested positive for the coronavirus, ultimately killing three

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6920e2.htm

That's less than 10%.

Darwin deserves a downgrade on his performance review.

4 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

There is no "If" moron.   A well known adverse affect is pro-longing the QT interval of your heart.  It can also permanently damage your eyes, but that is much more rare than the prolonged QT interval.  I don't know what you know about Lupus and RA but they are hellish diseases and people take hcq for them because it really helps and the benefits are worth the risks.  With Lupus your own immune system is systematically destroying your guts, joints, basically any organ. Both of those diseases are progressive and irreversible. That means they keep getting worse and there is no cure.  So ya, they take serious fucking drugs.  But guess what-- they get an ecg before they take it to see if there is any abnormality with their heart.     Here is a ecg strip with the classic Torsades de Pontes that happened from chronic prolonged QT interval.  You don't have to be a medical professional to know that you sure as shit don't want your ecg to look like this. 

paste_image65.gif

So ask yourself, do you want to risk such deadly adverse reactions for a drug with literally no proof that it can prevent you getting the Covid?  I'll take a hard pass.   

Have you heard any drugs adds lately.  It’s a wonder anyone takes any drug these days.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

We you dropped on your head as a child? Did you eat a lot of paint chips?

The U.S. has one of the worst responses in the world. But you keep on looking up, butter cup.

It’s actually working quite well.  The number of cases are well below projections at the beginning of the outbreak.    Hospitals have open capacity.   So far, overall,  much better than predictions.