Harken 462 swivel cam accessory? 3d print?

Nodrog

I've a couple of harken 462's, which do a great job, but now and again mid gybe the falls of the mainsheet get caught between the cam cleat and the fairlead in front of it, causing much pain and frustration. The line in the cleat is slack in the gybe which doesn't help.

If my local harken guys were open i'd ask them, but does anyone know if there is an accessory like in my poor sketch. A couple of bars that go accross that stop lines falling into the gap. 

or does anyone ( in NZ) have the ability to 3d print such a thing? I'd like to be able to say I'd fashion one from s/s plate or similar, but my skills are not up to making something that would look even half decent. 

image.png.177a2dc7a11f1f0e2ac4b131980435b0.png

Loosen the bolts a little then wrap some of the very thin Spectra/Dyneema back and forth then re-tighten.  Just like your red lines you drew on the photo.

12 hours ago, Pog said:

Loosen the bolts a little then wrap some of the very thin Spectra/Dyneema back and forth then re-tighten.  Just like your red lines you drew on the photo.

Thankyou, simplest is normally the best solution, cheers 

7 hours ago, ScowLover said:

Or take some rope cover or webbing, put the screws through it, and tighten. Next, hot knife the ends. 

Beat me to it.

Have used this same thing as a low profile strap across the top of a cam cleat as well.

Archived