The Swedish Experiment

Reading Hawke is like reading a bot, his ideas are bad and like a lot of the dunning k crowd just ignorant. He is saying protect the vulnerable but let it burn, sorry that insane and impossible. He is saying take personal responsibility but is quite ok with people spreading it..... Lets kids get it and give it to parents and so on. Then theres the magic number trick, look people actually arent dying, its fake news, scientists are idiots because I Hawke am a braniac and I can interpret data better than the rest of the world.

Hawke where do you live?

NZ

Any risk of Corona at the moment?

No but I want everyone to get it because its the only way forward

No matter what you say Hawke will respond with a better smarter answer because he is better and smarter than everyone in the entire world especially people who are intubated, heath care workers who have to decide who lives or dies and grieving loved ones. My guess is that Hawke has never been touched by death, he still has his parents, never suffered a loss. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is how stupid you sound: I've never had a car crash, so we should get rid of safety regulations and traffic laws.

Im hazarding a guess that you have never had to walk into the waiting room and tell a husband, son daughter father that their wife mother daughter has passed. Because today in the USA 512 doctors or n

Everyone in this thread is probably in a nursing home. They sound like Joe Biden trying to form a cognitive sentence.    "Uh, but, cases only, g.g.g.g.go down with lock-down." 'If you don't w

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Hawke said:

So what say you about Dr Fauci's comments today around achieving herd immunity?  Just in case you didn't read it.

He said that "there was a good chance that a vaccine will emerge enabling us to reach herd immunity within 18 months."

Mmmm 

I'm only replying to counter your shit ignoring that it is now proven infection with COVID-19 virus DOES NOT make a person immune to future infection and if any immunity is acquired, it dissapears after a few months.

I'm also replying for some sport.

You have to be the dumbest prick on the internet. You ignore science, don't understand what you have written and have no fucking idea what "herd immunity" means.

That requires a special skill to get the "fucktard trifecta." You say; 

" He (Fauci) said that "there was a good chance that a vaccine will emerge enabling us to reach herd immunity within 18 months."

There are two paths to herd immunity for COVID-19 — "vaccines" OR 'infection" (natural immunity). Fauci was speaking about the "vacine" path NOT the "infection/natural" path. That vacine path may require constant boosting so not necessarily a one off.

Smallpox, polio, diphtheria, rubella and many other diseases have achieved "herd immunity" using the vacine path.

After reading your shit I'm betting you are an anti-vaxer nutter. 

To finish you off.

Quite apart from the above you also ignore that the "threshold" of the population capable of getting COVID-19 to spread.and for it to be "less" than those immune to enable the disease decline is around 60% minimum. The IFR of COVID-19 is far too high to contemplate using infection (natural immunity).without incurring very high mortality rates. No country in the world has infection exceeded sround 10% with denser populated areas higher. 

People like you are fucking dangerous. 

1 hour ago, toad said:

Reading Hawke is like reading a bot, his ideas are bad and like a lot of the dunning k crowd just ignorant. He is saying protect the vulnerable but let it burn, sorry that insane and impossible. He is saying take personal responsibility but is quite ok with people spreading it..... Lets kids get it and give it to parents and so on. Then theres the magic number trick, look people actually arent dying, its fake news, scientists are idiots because I Hawke am a braniac and I can interpret data better than the rest of the world.

Like most populism, it thrives on hypocrisy. Just teach children to cough into their sleeves and wash their hands and presto, they won't transmit the disease. Then lock away anyone who's categorised as "vulnerable" (in Hawke's opinion, over 60 with some other ailment) and voilà, problem solved. Let it rip. Does any of this affect Hawke personally? Nope.  Does s/he take any personal responsibility for the outcome? Nope.

As for the conundrum of when to reopen, it applies to Hawke's populist approach too: at what point are the "vulnerable" allowed to join society? Who will assess when a person becomes vulnerable and pay for their isolation from the rest of humanity for the rest of their lives?

It's just cheap populist bullshit to keep people posting, classic troll behaviour. Very much like Trump: do whatever it takes to keep your name in lights.

• Like 1

Hawkes thinking is pretty much what are we all worried about anyway? Everyone is going to die and old people and those with pre-existing conditions, well they are just a bit closer to the edge so what the hell- just give them a little push!

12 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

There are two paths to herd immunity for COVID-19 — "vaccines" OR 'infection" (natural immunity).

Is there any evidence that herd immunity can be achieved through natural spread of a disease in a human population? It seems to me to be a practical impossibility. There must be a point at which the disease stops propagating at a sufficient rate to "immunise" the unafflicted, surely there'd be boom and bust cycles?

4 minutes ago, RobG said:

Is there any evidence that herd immunity can be achieved through natural spread of a disease in a human population? It seems to me to be a practical impossibility.

Rob those who survived the 1918 flu (influenza) pandemic were later immune to infection with the H1N1 flu, a subtype of influenza A.

The issue is the "threshold" of the population capable of getting  COVID-19 to spread.and for it to be "less" than those immune to enable the disease decline is the killer... literally. It's IFR is on average 6 times higher than a epidemic strength flu and 5 times again for those over 65 yo compared to 50 -;65 yo.

They say 60%+ of the population is the "threshold" — so US 200 million people — would have to get and recover from COVID-19 to halt it. That is gross mortality around 10 times that to date. Using "excess mortality" stats not official that is around 2.4 million by end of summer. Not even the nutjob US would accept that.

35 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I'm only replying to counter your shit ignoring that it is now proven infection with COVID-19 virus DOES NOT make a person immune to future infection and if any immunity is acquired, it dissapears after a few months.

I'm also replying for some sport.

16 minutes ago, Hawke said:

I thought you were ignoring me little Jack Sparrow?

Beer...popcorn ....clock ...something to wipe piss off the floor and spare pants.....check. 

1 hour ago, toad said:

No matter what you say Hawke will respond with a better smarter answer ..

36 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

His form is not to answer when he is fucked. Watch now with interest. 

This Hawke moronic bot is fucking unbelievable.....

- Repeats exactly what I have said but then says I "don't understand."

- Studies concluded by scientists/epidemiologists in Spain and the UK  are "not proven" ..they got it wrong.

- 7 months is a few months. 

- Statements made by the cite (Mayo Clinic) is they "don't understand" and they are; "..very very wrong....obviously .. completely blinkered."

The above Hawke narrative is "herd immunity" can be achieved by natural infection method NOT by using vaccine method because the infection "Reproduction Rate" can be "slowed." 

The simpleton does not realise that slowing the infection "Reproduction Rate" DOES NOT reduce the "Infection Fatality Rate" at all. Exactly the same amount of people die, only slower. 

As I said people like him are fucking dangerous.

Click ignore back on.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

...it is now proven infection with COVID-19 virus DOES NOT make a person immune to future infection...

1 hour ago, Hawke said:

It's not proven.  The jury is still out.

Not proven why?? What jury and where?? ..or do you mean the Hawke Jury? :lol:

1 hour ago, Hawke said:

The pandemic has only been going a "few months." 

"few months"... Since December 2019 is  7 months.

You...have no fucking idea what "herd immunity" means. CLICK MAYO CLINIC LINK - How is herd immunity achieved?

There are two paths to herd immunity  for COVID-19 — "vaccines" OR 'infection" (natural immunity ). Fauci was speaking about the "vaccine" path NOT the  "infection/natural" path....

Smallpox, polio, diphtheria, rubella and many other diseases have achieved "herd immunity" using the vaccine path.

After reading your shit I'm betting you are an anti-vaxer nutter. 

1 hour ago, Hawke said:

I suggest you don't understand what  "herd  immunity" actually means...

This can happen in two ways:

1. Many people contract the disease and in time build up an immune response to it (natural immunity).
  2. Many people are vaccinated against the disease to achieve immunity.

Gobsmacked.

To finish you off.

Quite apart from the above you also ignore that the "threshold" of the population capable of getting COVID-19 to spread.and for it to be "less" than those immune to enable the disease decline is around 60% minimum. The IFR of COVID-19 is far too high to contemplate using infection (natural immunity).without incurring very high mortality rates. No country in the world has infection exceeded sround 10% with denser populated areas higher

People like you are fucking dangerous. 

1 hour ago, RobG said:

Is there any evidence that herd immunity can be achieved through natural spread of a disease in a human population?

Rob those who survived the 1918 flu (influenza) pandemic were later immune to infection with the H1N1 flu, a subtype of influenza A.

The issue is the "threshold" of the population capable of getting  COVID-19 to spread.and for it to be "less" than those immune to enable the disease decline is the killer... literally. It's IFR is on average 6 times higher than a epidemic strength flu and 5 times again for those over 65 yo compared to 50 -;65 yo.

They say 60%+ of the population is the "threshold" — so US 200 million people — would have to get and recover from COVID-19 to halt it. That is gross mortality around 10 times that to date. Using "excess mortality" stats not official that is around 2.4 million by end of summer. Not even the nutjob US would accept that.

The above is all extracted from MAYO CLINIC LINK - Natural Infections

You...have no fucking idea what "herd immunity" means. CLICK MAYO CLINIC LINK - Natural Infections

However world's epidemiologists and the Mayo Clinic are wrong according to Hawke. "Herd immunity" can be achieved by natural infection method NOT by using vaccine.

1 hour ago, Hawke said:

Again you are very very wrong.  But instead of repeating myself to one who obviously is completely blinkered. 

Achieving "herd immunity" through the natural progression  of a virus is a long process..intervention strategies ...to slow the infection rate will slow the path to "herd immunity."  

57 minutes ago, Hawke said:

You are assuming that no intervention occurs. 

You are a fucking moron.

Intervention or slowing the infection "Reproduction Rate" DOES NOT reduce the "Infection Fatality Rate" at all. Exactly the same amount of people die, only slower.

58 minutes ago, Hawke said:

You are also being selective in the statistics you post as you have done before.  The IFR for Covid-19 for those under 60 is much lower than the flu.

You...have no fucking idea what "herd immunity" means. CLICK MAYO CLINIC LINK - Natural Infections....

the killer... literally. It's IFR is on average 6 times higher than a epidemic strength flu and 5 times again for those over 65 yo compared to 50 - 65 yo.

18 hours ago, Hawke said:

Estimated IFR (Infection Fatality Rate) from Switzerland.

screenshot-www.acsh.org-2020.07 (3).png

- "You are also being selective in the statistics you post." They are your statistics. 

- "The IFR for Covid-19 for those under 60 is much lower than the flu" - I used your statistics saying IFR for under 65 yo. lower

"The IFR for Covid-19 for those under 60 is much lower than the flu" - This is Covid-19 not the flu. Cite that. 

More to the point the world's epidemiologists and scientists (and the Mayo Clinic used as my cite) says you a very very wrong. "Herd immunity" cannot be achieved by natural infection method with or without intervention without excessive mortality. 

Goodbye.

41 minutes ago, Hawke said:

we do know who the vulnerable in the population

No, you don't. And if you did, what would you do with them long term? Think about the hard questions (under 60, with kids and jobs/businesses, mortgages), not the easy ones (over 80s, retired, possibly in nursing homes)

You seem to wilfully ignore that the pandemic was going to drastically affect the world economy no matter the approach taken. Atleast with attempting to control our destiny as a whole there might be a chance of a decent recovery.

You have not effectively explained your desired alternative approach if other people are confused about it.

You mention herd immunity as if it is a near term solution...it is not. Naturally, evidence is pointing to it not being achievable with anti-bodies only being present for a few weeks, not months. With a vaccine, it is atleast 18 months till a possible starting of vaccination and will take years to finalise due to the logistics, and regular vaccinations may be required as is the case with the flu.

Just face it, the foreseeable future is going to be difficult for a lot of people around the world. Stop spreading misinformation.

48 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Excuse any confusion in following MY posts - they are unstructured cut and paste rambles.

Fixed

I would have used the words "contradictory drivel."

1 hour ago, Hawke said:

The IFR for Covid-19 for those under 60 is much lower than the flu.

49 minutes ago, Hawke said:

With regard to the Infection Fatality Rate - at this stage the true IFR cannot be known....

50 minutes ago, Hawke said:

...we know that for those aged under 60 Covid-19 has a much lower fatality rate 

6 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Still haven't seen YOUR strategy to solve the problem.

You are the one advocating an alternative that is hard to pin down. My best interpretation is that you just don't like whatever is happening now and it is all the governments fault...guess what, noone likes what is happening and our leaders need to make the best decisions for society. When asked to lead, lead. Second guessing the decisions does not help. Get on board.

2 minutes ago, Hawke said:

The reality is no matter who you blame for it, no matter how you manage it Covid-19 is here to stay for quite some time.  Accept that.

THEN look at ways of mitigating its impacts.

What the fuck do you think is happening? People standing around looking at each other.

5 hours ago, Expat Canuck said:

I may be missing the connection, but I don't think the FreeStyle Libre was developed at Harvard.  If it was, the US would not have been one of the last to have it approved for use.

https://www.freestyle.abbott/ca/en/products/libre.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzbu5l4jQ6gIVdSCtBh3meAuUEAAYASAAEgJr__D_BwE

Sorry for any confusion, I did not mean to imply or state that the FreeStyle Libre was developed at Harvard.  I was trying to point out a current real time technology, that if developed for COVID-19, could be extremely useful in real time.  Only an example.  Again, my apologies for any confusion.  It was not my intent to confuse the issue.  Please forgive me.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The simpleton does not realise that slowing the infection "Reproduction Rate" DOES NOT reduce the "Infection Fatality Rate" at all. Exactly the same amount of people die, only slower. 

2 hours ago, Hawke said:

By slowing the Infection Rate you allow the pandemic to be managed.  For example look at the success of Sweden and Japan.  

20 hours ago, Hawke said:

Estimated IFR (Infection Fatality Rate) from Switzerland.

screenshot-www.acsh.org-2020.07 (3).png

20 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

FR O.64% mean you are a genius.... look at the table in post you replied to dickhead.

Here it is.

0_hYGK7z68U6VLFp5t (1).png

You are unbelievably stupid....I mean off the fucking scale stupid. Facts are inconveniencies that can be brushed aside. You don't own what you say. That gets jettisoned when it's proved to be wrong.

In short you are a not very bright slime ball.

You say:

"By slowing the Infection Rate you allow the pandemic to be managed."

Where has anyone on planet earth said to the contrary with regard to Reproduction? No one.

In the absence of a vaccine who has ignored the world and constructed a virus response strategy based herd immunisation via natural infection where the "Reproduction Rate" is slowed believing that reduces the "Infection  Fatality Rate" ? Only one person on earth you.

You say Sweden has slowed the pandemic. It hasn't.

- Sweden ACTUAL IFR is 0.64%. It is slightly higher that WHO's mean of O.6%. You have been told that and you ignore it.

- Sweden did not change its Infection Reproduction Rate. It is like other countries. You have been told that and you ignore it.

- Sweden protected it's vunerable. They have the second highest care home mortality rate in Europe. You have been told that and you ignore it 

- The only thing Sweden did was raise its mortality rate on a regional and international scale. You have been told that and you ignore it.

Maybe you only understand pictures.

2 hours ago, Hawke said:

Both natural infection AND vaccination are two paths to herd immunity.

I'll ask you once again.

WHAT IS YOUR STRATEGY TO MANAGE THIS PANDEMIC?  Obviously herd immunity and protecting the vulnerable are not part of it.

Answer that.  Give us some insight into YOUR way forward.

There is no vaccine so there is no pathway other than a combination of mitigation and suppression and as proven can be successfully implemented to retain control without shutting down the economy.

There is no magic bullet.

0_GlMiQGVLYF6oPAh-.png

0_f_GpT6a_j320CUpC.png

Ec0cdCmX0AE9nP_.png

14 minutes ago, Hawke said:

We are all still waiting for YOUR strategy

19 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

There is no vaccine so there is no pathway other than a combination of mitigation and suppression and as proven can be successfully implemented to retain control without shutting down the economy.

There is no magic bullet.

14 minutes ago, Hawke said:

When did you say you were going?

1 hour ago, Hawke said:

I hope you've gone for good this time

I bet you do ...but I just need to drain the last bit of blood out of your rotting dispicable corpse before driving off.

"Blind" fucking stupid I should have said....that's it ..done.

You say Sweden has slowed the pandemic. It hasn't.

- Sweden ACTUAL IFR is 0.64%. It is slightly higher that WHO's mean of O.6%. You have been told that and you ignore it.

- Sweden did not change its Infection Reproduction Rate. It is like other countries. You have been told that and you ignore it.

- Sweden protected it's vunerable. They have the second highest care home mortality rate in Europe. You have been told that and you ignore it 

- The only thing Sweden did was raise its mortality rate on a regional and international scale. You have been told that and you ignore it.

Maybe you only understand pictures.

PS. I forgot to add the bleeding obvious final bullet point.

- The only thing Sweden did was ignore convention seeking to save it's economy and mitigate mortality. It failed dismally at both targets set by the Government.

Swedens economy has faired no better and no worse than its adjoining neighbours and comparable European economies. In fact the sharemarket even predicted it.The Government have apologised to its people and instigated an independent Inquiry into its virus response.

You have been told that and you ingore it. 

0_Vy3CszYiQpwu_SBh.png

0_7u5CVLUxcwG2j1EH.png

5 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

who are you yelling at?

It feels good to yell.  Sometimes I howl at the moon.

Do you have a problem with that?  Come on, do yuh?

11 hours ago, Hawke said:

I have always promoted a managed approach to minimising the harm of Covid-19.  That approach is quite simple and is the foundation of all the strategies across the world.  

• Protect the vulnerable;
  • Reduce the rate of infection by -
    • Socially distancing;
    • Wear a mask when in public;
    • Wash your hands frequently.

Hawke is correct.Until a vaccine is available, this is the only protocol available to economies.  I would add to that list

• Delay reopening of colleges and Universities until January
  • Bars closed whenever outbreak in neighborhood

That approach only seems hard for the American people!  

I have also said that the societal consequences of not allowing children attend school will likely out weigh the consequences of them getting Covid-19. Unfortunately,if  children give it to parents that will have societal consequences that outweigh the consequences of delaying school for 3-4 months. 

Sadly in the USA and in NZ to ensure our children receive sufficient nutrition they have to be fed at school!  How do you resolve that problem that society has allowed to happen?  Create special school children soup kitchens during the pandemic?  Yes it has been suggested!  35 million school children in the USA are fed in their schools daily. One of New York City's approaches to resolve this was to allow kids to travel to school and get a "grab and go" meal.  Hardly lockdown is it?  

In the USA , most schools provide lunch to most children.  During school vacation, those in need (way less than 35 million...not even close) are provided with food stamps.

The school issue is the biggest and most worrying issue in front of the US states right now....but it is not about nutrition. 

The schools are divided on what to do. I can tell you that where I live, the schools have still not decided what to do.....with only  weeks to go, parents do not know if school is reopening.  The private schools are leaning towards not reopening, which could lead to a further socio-economic divide in the disease. It will be the elderly and poor, exposed via their children and grandchildren

A couple of comments

• A complete and rigorous shut down for 6-8 weeks , followed by trace and contact has worked in societies that can enforce such a policy. It absolutely requires travel bans and sealing infected areas from the outside. China and some others have demonstrated that.
  • The USA was unable to implement such a policy due to states' rights and leadership issues. The "half way" approach of lock downs in some parts of the country, partial lockdowns elsewhere and unrestricted domestic travel achieved the worst of both worlds. Economic pain and the disease remains rampant. The opportunity for control via lockdown has passed.
  • Herd immunity can only be achieved with the help of a vaccine which will not be around in sufficient quantity until early 2021.
  • Between now and then, the US's only options are "Mitigation".
  • The alternative of trying to achieve herd immunity by unrestricted infection does not bear thinking about
13 hours ago, Amati said:

Sorry for any confusion, I did not mean to imply or state that the FreeStyle Libre was developed at Harvard.  I was trying to point out a current real time technology, that if developed for COVID-19, could be extremely useful in real time.  Only an example.  Again, my apologies for any confusion.  It was not my intent to confuse the issue.  Please forgive me.

No worries.  I just didn't get the connection you were making.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

IMG_20200716_161013.jpg

-------DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE --------

I'M A BOT SENT TO  SEND HAWKE MENTAL

Hello! I am an AI!

I smile green

Hawke is there and I ask 2- I think he is!

This is not a reply, please.  Wheat? :)

You guys and gals all sound like a bunch of lunatics.

How many people posting here have actually had a confirmation of being infected with C19?

I live just north of Los Angeles and I know of 2 confirmed people who got the bug. 1 local and the other in San Pedro (lives on a boat). Both are around 60 years of age and recovered just fine and are out and about.

I also know people (100's) from all around the USA, Europe, Aus and NZ. I have not heard that any of them have been infected. WTF is the big deal.

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

How many people posting here have actually had a confirmation of being infected with C19?

I live just north of Los Angeles and I know of 2 confirmed people who got the bug. 1 local and the other in San Pedro (lives on a boat). Both are around 60 years of age and recovered just fine and are out and about.

I also know people (100's) from all around the USA, Europe, Aus and NZ. I have not heard that any of them have been infected. WTF is the big deal.

Thanks! I’m going to forward this ^^^^ to the two doctors (one’s an emergency doc, and the other’s an hospital internist) and the research biochemist in the family.  I know it will help them feel better right away!  :) Yay!

20 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

13 minutes ago, Amati said:

Thanks! I’m going to forward this ^^^^ to the two doctors (one’s an emergency doc, and the other’s an hospital internist) and the research biochemist in the family.  I know it will help them feel better right away!  :) Yay!

I simply asked who has had it?
I wear a mask as most do. I do not advocate wearing or not wearing.

I know many doctors and nurses too......................oh wow.

28 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

My zip code has had over 400 deaths, it's 3 sq. mi.

my aunt joan in jersey died along with almost a dozen of her colleagues in the care home. 

WTF is the big deal?  Go hang out in the hospital and find out, asshole.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

WTF is the big deal.

My daughter couple months ago had more people going into cardiac arrest in an afternoon than a week and where very rarely any were still breathing by nightfall. That was occurring all shifts, 7 days a week for weeks for each 2 person crew. 

Your brain will end up in the Smithsonian as the world's smallest. 

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

WTF is the big deal.

Bergamo Italy town 120,000 people about an hour's drive east of Milan, very pretty. Death notices were running to 14/25 pages in the local newspaper.  It is said nearly every family there has experienced a loss, some more than one. Family members were being buried 150 klm away without a funeral due to even emergency morgues over flowing. 

The Smithsonian will put it behind a huge microscope. 

Wad

Re: WTF

If all these numbers and graphs are too abstract, maybe counting refrigerated trucks would be easier.

They’re lining them up in Texas right now. The state was doing fine before Memorial Day when it was no big deal.

WTF is the big deal? My sister is still having cardiology tests months after testing positive and ultimately negative.

She is in CT and NY where people have been through the eye of the storm (hoping). The numbers are such that if you asked anyone in these parts if they know anyone affected or dead, or if you dared ask them ‘WTF is the big deal?’ they’d probably give you some kind of funny look while  searching for words that just weren’t there.

Maybe it would help you to contextualize the enemy and it’s effect. Would you have asked, in the aftermath of 9/11, ‘WTF is the big deal?’ I thought not. Why is that? While you think about that, consider how many more honest hardworking citizens of NYC have already perished due to COVID than in 9/11.

And that’s just one city. Presently, estimated fatalities by Nov could reach 250k. As for lasting side effects, who knows.

WTF

10 minutes ago, Hawke said:

What's the point of your post?  People are dying.  We know that.  Does posting this make you feel better?

When someone asks WTF is the big deal because they don’t know anyone dead from COVID, or it hasn’t arrived on their doorstep, they are minimizing and trivializing both the threat and the impact. It is easier to be divided against a silent enemy than one you can see and vilify. 

And, yes.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

You guys and gals all sound like a bunch of  lunatics .

...I also know people (100's) from all around 0the USA, Europe, Aus and NZ. I have not heard that any of them have been infected. WTF is the big deal.

WadBrain your post has the air of someone thinking it is over. You should have reserved more air for your brain, it may be bigger.

In the US infected cases are moving up not just in hotspot states now as the surge broadens. Nine states reported over 2,000 new cases today. That theshhold has doubled from a 1,000 a week ago.

EdFId1EUwAIBg6L.png

That's just cases let's not fuck around and get to the "pointy" end.

In the US it's almost certain now the national peak number of hospitalisations from the spring outbreak will be exceeded over the next week.

- The number of hospitalisations in the US have been increasing for a month. 

- Patients hospitalised are now at their highest level since April 23

original.png.6652d882e49533dd36c2ee2e2b8fb563.png

As for the "blunt" end.

- The mortality rate started to rise again a week ago or 2 weeks behind the rise in hospitalisations. Note: There is a 7 day lag between death and reporting in the US.

- The reported death count is the highest since May 29, where early May was the highest. The South alone as a whole, reported more than 500 new deaths today. 

Even with better knowledge of the disease, new improved treatment outcomes and more younger hospitalised cases having a higher survival rate etc, the US is going to incur a second and substantial mortality hit through summer and autumn. That's before an anticipated winter.outbreak to control.

On current projections this will put the US on a mortality per capita basis on par with Italy and in sight of a podium position while holding the top spot for the total.

Wad your brain is the Smithsonian's most valued  and smallest treasure.

@Hawke hospitalisations indicates your "naturally infected" immunisation theory doesn't appear to work in the US :huh:

6 hours ago, RobG said:

No you didn't. Go visit Disney World. Or Houston.

Those two are getting all the attention. 

8 southern states outside Texas and Florida currently have over 1,000 patients hospitalised. The South, as a whole, reported more than 500 new deaths today.

EdFLnSAVcAAwSIa.png

South Carolina with a quarter of Florida's population reported 72 new deaths, 30 more than the state has ever reported in a day.

EdFKAUGUMAAT2ge.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 1:44 AM, Hawke said:

screenshot-www.acsh.org-2020.07 (1).png

Your data may be correct.   Your view point is an insurance underwriter determining which customers are expendable, unlikely to cover future costs with future premiums.   Look at the first chart from the opposite perspective, using Ohio as a case study.    https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/key-metrics/mortality
The link is live, so numbers will change.    Ohio has lost 3297 people.    To put that in perspective, we lost 20 Boeing Supermax planes in six months.   20% of those people were 50-68.   That’s a difficult age where reemployment is difficult when laid off, but most are too young to retire.    These people can’t quit and start over if their job seems risky,     The world grounded the supermax  8 after couple of them autocrashed in six months out of 300 plus planes.    Twice as many working people 50-68 years old died in Ohio as died around the world on the bad plane.   No planes even crashed in Ohio.   If the whole planet is willing to ground a plane because it’s computer sometimes gets depressed and goes Kamikaze, we can take some precautions (requiring masks, controlling leisure activities and conferences) when we already faced twice that death toll in working age people in just one state.   Since state lines are as unimportant as city suburbs in comparison to modern movement, this needs to be a national program.  Some government aid is needed for those whose livelihood and investment is destroyed by government policy,    Alternately figure out a way to allow an entire age bracket to leave the rat race and hide in isolation with early retirement, all business and equipment investments made whole to undo the harm caused by our inept government.   Cover the medical costs.  I’m game, If you can make the numbers work.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Hawke said:

The following research piece in my opinion is a balance view of how Sweden's Covid-19 Strategy was mis-reported:

Misinformation and de-contextualization: international media reporting on Sweden and COVID-19

Abstract
In the first month of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, Sweden took the same strategy as most other countries, working to “flatten the curve,” by slowing transmission so that the healthcare system could cope with the disease. However, unlike most other countries, much of Sweden’s implementation focused on voluntary and stepwise action, rather than legislation and compulsory measures, leading to considerable attention in the international media.

What a piece of shit you are.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200716-the-people-with-hidden-protection-from-covid-19

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Pardon?  The article that you posted the link to seems to support findings that immunity is more widespread than first thought.

Just wanted to point out the obvious and post an interesting article in one convenient post.

13 hours ago, Hawke said:

When you look at how they managed Stockholm in comparison to how New York City was managed you must say that they have done incredibly well.  

When people start comparing to Norway and Denmark they forget that the equivalent population of those two countries resides in Stockholm and that the population of Sweden is twice those two countries.

And you forgot the majority of Sweden lives outside urban areas and country wide incl in urban areas like Stolkholme in small number person households, many single person households you chronic wanker.

It turns out the cure little don has been toting has excellent scientific support.  He tweats about his fine source.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/america-is-suffering-trump-offers-them-a-doctor-who-warns-of-sex-with-demons/2020/07/28/460fea3e-d0fb-11ea-8c55-61e7fa5e82ab_story.html

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

And you forgot the majority of Sweden lives outside urban areas and country wide incl in urban areas like Stolkholme in small number person households, many single person households you chronic wanker.

The average household in Sweden is 2.2 people vs the US of 2.6. The UK has 2.1, Italy 2.4. It really doesn't seem like that has much relevance with the disease. 

https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/pdf/ageing/household_size_and_composition_around_the_world_2017_data_booklet.pdf

• Like 1
6 hours ago, impetuous_donkey said:

The average household in Sweden is 2.2 people vs the US of 2.6. The UK has 2.1, Italy 2.4. It really doesn't seem like that has much relevance with the disease.

Another sock? Same ignorance of how to apply statistics.

The national average number of people per household has nothing to do with population density or communicable disease spread. Australia has about one tenth the national population density of the US, yet has exactly the same number of people per household nationally as the US (2.6 in 2016), with entirely different Covid-19 outcomes (so far…).

For communicable diseases, population density and people per household does matter in communities, particularly small ones, but very quickly loses relevance for areas larger than a city. It's highly correlated to the number of people each person comes into close contact with in a short period (say daily). Because of the huge differences in population density across a country, national averages don't have much to offer.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, RobG said:

The national average number of people per household has nothing to do with population density or communicable disease spread. Australia has about one tenth the national population density of the US, yet has exactly the same number of people per household nationally as the US (2.6 in 2016), with entirely different Covid-19 outcomes (so far…).

For communicable diseases, population density and people per household does matter in communities, particularly small ones, but very quickly loses relevance for areas larger than a city. It's highly correlated to the number of people each person comes into close contact with in a short period (say daily). Because of the huge differences in population density across a country, national averages don't have much to offer.

Did you even look at the post I was responding to? 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:08 PM, jack_sparrow said:

On 7/30/2020 at 2:05 AM, impetuous_donkey said:

https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/pdf/ageing/household_size_and_composition_around_the_world_2017_data_booklet.pdf

On 7/30/2020 at 8:44 AM, RobG said:

On 7/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, impetuous_donkey said:

Did you even look at the post I was responding to? 

Rob you mean the poster who didn't read the post they replied to or doesn't know what the the words "single person households" or words "outside urban areas" means. 

You mean the poster who posted WHO statistics that were up to 10 years old and didn't read that caveat and actual definitions attached to what he cited.

You mean the poster if they did a rudimentary check would have found Sweden has the lowest households by average number in the OECD in that period 10 years ago at 1.99 versus average of 2.66 

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check of the most recent and most detailed data from EUROSTAT (dated May 2020 where data method is identical for the 28 countries and yearly results are obtained as averages of the four quarters) would have found that single person households without children increased by 18.7 % average between 2010 and 2019 in the EU. In Sweden it is higher. 

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check would see in 2019, children lived in fewer than one in four households in Sweden, one of the lowest in the EU.

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check would see in 2019 the number of single parent households.

I couldn't be bothered originally replying to the ignorant fuck poster, but as he went on to propagate his bullshit, I now felt compelled to do so.

Donkey is very apt.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:44 AM, RobG said:

The national average number of people per household has nothing to do with population density or communicable disease spread. 

Rob demographics incl household size has a very large impact on reproduction rates. That is urban versus non urban and household composition in each.

Go look at how Sweden was an "outlier" in new cases at the beginning. Very slow rise in reproduction rate. Those demographics one reason for that.

The definition of household for data collection is also very important in terms of reproduction rates. For instance just number of persons per household can be misleading. The average household size (people per household) is simply calculated by dividing the household population by total households. That alone can be distorted for instance high numbers of institutionalised persons like the military 

Then households include all persons living together, regardless of their relationship and regardless of the size of the dwelling, dependency and composition issues.

This will impact greatly on not just transmission within the household but also the interaction with the community by that household and largely by who from that household.

Average_number_of_persons_per_household_by_country,_in_2010_and_in_2019.png

Growth_rates_of_households_with_and_without_children_by_country,_EU-27,_2010-2019_(%).png

Households_by_type,_presence_of_children_and_country,_2019_(%_of_total_households).png

Households_by_number_of_children_and_country,_2019_(%_of_total_households_with_children).png

What 2 idiotic and misleading articles....I can see why you like them.

That 4 country fatality rate comparison is months old. Spain and Italy also were the first outside China to move giving others forewarning incl Sweden to act on response measures with not the same delay.

No mention of Sweden's lockdown equivalency measures nor despite no lockdown people movenments similiar to those who did lockdown in Nth Europe. That has led to similiar economic impacts. but in Sweden's case with a much higher death rate.

Doesn't mention that 4 grouping sits at the top, Sweden exceeds those like the US and all Sweden's Nordic neighbours and some others in Europe all sit towards the bottom.

That Sweden position on masks is also not unusual in Europe. For instance identical to neighbouring Netherlands. 

This guy struggles with the same pesky concept of numerator/denominator and avoids the real issue: deaths per population.

Also, comparing year over year death rates might be more useful than trying to pin down ‘mortality rate of Covid’ with incomplete data.

https://voxeu.org/article/covid-19-italy-analysis-death-registry-data

• Like 1
5 hours ago, fufkin said:

Also, comparing year over year death rates might be more useful than trying to pin down ‘mortality rate of Covid’ with incomplete data.

All authorities regard "excess mortality" over a 5 or 10 year mean as the "gold standard" for measuring mortality from epidemics. It doesn't rely on death certificates which in many places are not recorded as Covid cause of death in the absence of a positive test.

The current world official figure is a UNDERCOUNT to excess mortality at around 30%. It is that figure in the US and in UK over 40%.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Hawke said:

That is "infection fatality rate" or IFR not "gross mortality". BTW the WHO and around 1,300 leading experts have settled on a global "mean" IFR of 0.6% last month  or at least six times that of serious flu epidemics.

Wonder why that article you cite doesn't mention that?

It is nearly 4 months old you moron.

Brazil, China, Russia, Iran...

There are a lot dead people that have not been counted on purpose. Plus all the deaths that aren’t counted because they die at home, misdiagnosed, or many other reasons. 

I would assume the worldwide mortality count is much higher than is reported. 

Without good data they are assuming a lot. 

19 minutes ago, Hawke said:

WHO had stated that 80million children under the age of 1 have not been vaccinated for diseases we know about and have vaccines for.

I guess you guys are over 65 in years and are more concerned about yourselves.

shame that the WHO is so underfunded.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Hawke said:

WHO had stated that 80million children under the age of 1 have not been vaccinated for diseases we know about and have vaccines for.

I guess you guys are over 65 in years and are more concerned about yourselves.

Wtf is your point? I don’t understand? I’m a little cognitively impaired at 46. Too many hits by the boom.  What’s your excuse?

12 hours ago, CaptainAhab said:

I would assume the worldwide mortality count is much higher than is reported. 

Without good data they are assuming a lot. 

No assuming. "Excess mortality" is good data and the best data that can ever be produced for a epidemic gross count and the "undercount" in most countries accurate. Yes there are exceptions but not many.

13 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

All authorities regard "excess mortality" over a 5 or 10 year mean as the "gold standard" for measuring mortality from epidemics......

..The current world official figure is a UNDERCOUNT to excess mortality at around 30%. It is that figure in the US and in UK over 40%.

Everyone in this thread is probably in a nursing home. They sound like Joe Biden trying to form a cognitive sentence. 

"Uh, but, cases only, g.g.g.g.go down with lock-down."
'If you don't wear a mask like a dress, then you w.w.w.want grandma to be dead grandma.'
'Japan, uhm, at first, they all wore masks, no coronavirus, now it goes up... and, uhm, we don't talk about Japan'
'Sweden is awful... oh, oh, uhm, oh, yeah, ok, they are better than a bunch of... uh, countries that lockdown, uhm, yeah, next topic'

Every single piece of data disproves the old people complaining, but, since they have nothing better to do, they find a new line of thinking.

As Harry S Truman said "If you can't convince them, confuse them"

This will, in my steady opinion, go down as the worst over-reaction to a non-event in history.

Over the course of a year, we'll have as many deaths as happen in an average week.
Something like 80% of the people were over 60 years old.

Everyone was wrong about everything - the best action was what countries like Sweden did - do nothing.
They should have better protected the old people, but, life goes on.

We want to stop progress on Earth forever, just, to, you know, make sure no one dies?  

Super: Everyone can die alone, inside their houses, having had their lives snuffed out not by their own choice, but by keyboard warriors and their governments dictating how everyone lives and dies.

The the nursing home crowd here will cheer and cheer and cheer.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2
7 minutes ago, BlatantEcho said:

Everyone in this thread is probably in a nursing home. They sound like Joe Biden trying to form a cognitive sentence. 

"Uh, but, cases only, g.g.g.g.go down with lock-down."
'If you don't wear a mask like a dress, then you w.w.w.want grandma to be dead grandma.'
'Japan, uhm, at first, they all wore masks, no coronavirus, now it goes up... and, uhm, we don't talk about Japan'
'Sweden is awful... oh, oh, uhm, oh, yeah, ok, they are better than a bunch of... uh, countries that lockdown, uhm, yeah, next topic'

Every single piece of data disproves the old people complaining, but, since they have nothing better to do, they find a new line of thinking.

As Harry S Truman said "If you can't convince them, confuse them"

This will, in my steady opinion, go down as the worst over-reaction to a non-event in history.

Over the course of a year, we'll have as many deaths as happen in an average week.
Something like 80% of the people were over 60 years old.

Everyone was wrong about everything - the best action was what countries like Sweden did - do nothing.
They should have better protected the old people, but, life goes on.

We want to stop progress on Earth forever, just, to, you know, make sure no one dies?  

Super: Everyone can die alone, inside their houses, having had their lives snuffed out not by their own choice, but by keyboard warriors and their governments dictating how everyone lives and dies.

The the nursing home crowd here will cheer and cheer and cheer.

Ah... someone linking to a 51 year old Monty Python video as all the proof one needs of who is posting here.......

'Hey ma, I've got the Internet turned on again, do you want to go on the YouTube with me? In geriatric social group today they discussed those videos our parents used to love to watch on the TV.'

Rob you mean the poster who didn't read the post they replied to or doesn't know what the the words "single person households" or words "outside urban areas" means. 

You mean the poster who posted WHO statistics that were up to 10 years old and didn't read that caveat and actual definitions attached to what he cited.

You mean the poster if they did a rudimentary check would have found Sweden has the lowest households by average number in the OECD in that period 10 years ago at 1.99 versus average of 2.66 

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check of the most recent and most detailed data from EUROSTAT (dated May 2020 where data method is identical for the 28 countries and yearly results are obtained as averages of the four quarters) would have found that single person households without children increased by 18.7 % average between 2010 and 2019 in the EU. In Sweden it is higher. 

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check would see in 2019, children lived in fewer than one in four households in Sweden, one of the lowest in the EU.

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check would see in 2019 the number of single pent households.

I couldn't be bothered originally replying to the ignorant fuck poster, but as he went on to propagate his bullshit, I now felt compelled to do so.

Donkey is very apt.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, jack_sparrow said:

You mean the poster if they did a rudimentary check would have found Sweden has the lowest households by average number in the OECD in that period 10 years ago at 1.99 versus average of 2.66 

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check of the most recent and most detailed data from EUROSTAT (dated May 2020 where data method is identical for the 28 countries and yearly results are obtained as averages of the four quarters) would have found that single person households without children increased by 18.7 % average between 2010 and 2019 in the EU. In Sweden it is higher. 

You mean the poster if they did a more detailed check would see in 2019 the number of single parent households.

Donkey is very apt.

Rob demographics incl household size has a very large impact on reproduction rates. That is urban versus non urban and household composition in each.

Go look at how Sweden was an "outlier" in new cases at the beginning. Very slow rise in reproduction rate. Those demographics one reason for that.

The definition of household for data collection is also very important in terms of reproduction rates. For instance just number of persons per household can be misleading. The average household size (people per household) is simply calculated by dividing the household population by total households. That alone can be distorted for instance high numbers of institutionalised persons like the military 

Then households include all persons living together, regardless of their relationship and regardless of the size of the dwelling, dependency and composition issues.

This will impact greatly on not just transmission within the household but also the interaction with the community by that household and largely by who from that household.

Average_number_of_persons_per_household_by_country,_in_2010_and_in_2019.png

Growth_rates_of_households_with_and_without_children_by_country,_EU-27,_2010-2019_(%).png

Households_by_type,_presence_of_children_and_country,_2019_(%_of_total_households).png

Households_by_number_of_children_and_country,_2019_(%_of_total_households_with_children).png

So help this ignorant fuck poster better understand. When I try and look up where Swedens population lives I'm told 85% live in Urban areas https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/sweden-population . They sound like some are smaller towns but what is your definition of "urban"? 

So 1.8 people per household in Sweden, what then is the magic number of people per household where not shutting down would work  lessen the effect?

25 minutes ago, impetuous_donkey said:

So help this ignorant fuck poster better understand. When I try and look up where Swedens population lives I'm told 85% live in Urban areas https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/sweden-population . They sound like some are smaller towns but what is your definition of "urban"? 

So 1.8 people per household in Sweden, what then is the magic number of people per household where not shutting down would work  lessen the effect?

As someone who lived in Sweden for 16 years, I can confirm that you are a clueless fuck.

Sweden has a huge proportion of singles and single person households. Swedish children do not linger at their parents home much beyond 19.  Uni students do NOT share houses, let alone dorm rooms, they all get a subsidised flat to live alone in. Friends do not share houses. Couples do not rush to move in together. Old people are given state funded carers so stay living alone in their own home as much as possible, delaying the move to nursing homes.

Swedes naturally keep their distance and Swedes feel no urge to chat with complete strangers.

The people who share housing in Sweden are foreigners who do not grow up in a socially retarded environment.

Sweden would have been the perfect place to do a herd immunity experiment without stressing the hospital system, if it wasn't for the fact that their hospital system wasn't already fucked before covid-19. 

1 hour ago, impetuous_donkey said:

So help this ignorant fuck poster better understand. When I try and look up where Swedens population lives I'm told 85% live in Urban

Dark dealt with the household bit. 

So you mean the ignorant fuck poster whose own cite has the Top 10 cities containing less than 40% of the population and of those Top 10  half are around the 100k mark then a handfull around the 50k mark. Then Stockholm the capital and largest is 2 and 3 times bigger than the next 2.

The same cite that says 85% of the people living in Sweden live in urban areas, BUT most are very small spread throughout the country.

Then go and compare that to other countries on a population density and location and household basis which was in the post you replied to but don't mention. If you want to call a town of 500 people urban and in context of Covid comparisons go knock yourself out.

1 hour ago, impetuous_donkey said:

I was only interested in your post overstating household population and having no regard to makeup.

36 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

do you think the Swedish approach will work in other countries?

Don't fuck with the two MIGHT narratives these dumb cunts have trying to build since day one leveraging off Sweden. 

"It MIGHT end up being only a bad flu, look at Sweden"

That went to shit and so now its

"We should be lifting lockdown because in the long run it MIGHT kill fewer people, look at Sweden"

The cunts are actually now wanting other countries mortality rates to increase so they catch up to Sweden's to prove their case.

Cunts.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Don't fuck with the two MIGHT narratives these dumb cunts have trying to build since day one leveraging off Sweden. 

"It MIGHT end up being only a bad flu, look at Sweden"

That went to shit and so now its

"We should be lifting lockdown because in the long run it MIGHT kill fewer people, look at Sweden"

The cunts are actually now wanting other countries mortality rates to increase so they catch up to Sweden's to prove their case.

Cunts.

I have no interest in seeing more people die but the reality is that we will either way you go. The reality is also there is no sure way out of this and I don't think the shutdown and subsequent economic small business casualties was worth the cost. We should have just gone the route of Sweden and focused on the fundamentals of mitigating disease spread such as wearing masks, washing hands and social distancing. It's not going away anytime soon. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, impetuous_donkey said:

I have no interest in seeing more people die but the reality is that we will either way you go. The reality is also there is no sure way out of this and I don't think the shutdown and subsequent economic small business casualties was worth the cost. We should have just gone the route of Sweden and focused on the fundamentals of mitigating disease spread such as wearing masks, washing hands and social distancing. It's not going away anytime soon. 

Sounds great,

Now if you could only get the rest of America to help out, you might have something, but no they won't.

So it looks like you'll have to live in that mess. 

good luck.

3 hours ago, impetuous_donkey said:

have no interest in seeing more people die but the reality is that we will either way you go. The reality is also there is no sure way out of this and I don't think the shutdown and subsequent economic small business casualties was worth the cost. We should have just gone the route of Sweden and focused on the fundamentals of mitigating disease spread such as wearing masks, washing hands and social distancing. It's not going away anytime soon. 

You are correct but clueless to the problem.

Mitigating the disease requires the ability to react quickly and put it out. Just like a forrest fire. In a epidemic the firetruck/fireman is the contact/trace/test/isolate/treat infrastructure.

Until you have that infrastructure in place you have no option but shutdowns as the infection fatality rate is too high. 

The hit to Sweden's economy has also been no different to those that closed. 

But you know and have been told all that so fuck off. 

On 6/12/2020 at 2:33 PM, impetuous_donkey said:

The shutdown reaction was excessive and a great over reaction and if anything has weekend the resolve of people to follow protocols to reduce the possible spread of the virus. The Swedish decision was likely the correct one...

Yes the US missed the boat all right along with Sweden where you both now wish to swim to?

If the Swedish decision was right and the shutdown in US excessive, then why are both countries listed with those that fucked up and not listed with those that have beat it to date.

0_Sxs3-rWgMQZPmIv3.png

0__ay7OfwVTlbyMBX7.png

I don't understand the focus on Sweden. Belarus has taken zero measures to attenuate the virus spread, absolutely none, yet has a death rate well below that of most European countries (62/million). Surely that is a much more suitable experiment for the null hypothesis?