FP "Now What" Flipped trimaran

I have been on that boat!

It was built in England, sailed to Long Beach CA via Panama, probably around 2000. From the forward end of the bridge deck, which was the bridge, I could look up into the mast structure that is clearly shown. It either had a free standing wing mast that rotated 360 degrees, or a windmill. I can't remember.

Looking for more information.

Walker Wingsail! That is exactly the boat. Seemed interesting, but as I recall its passage speeds were something like 120 mile days on that UK to California trip.

Yeah that is/was? a Walker Wingsail, I think one of four. Hull shapes were better than I had previously thought but I never thought much of the rig. I can't imagine it pitchpoling under that underpowered rig but who knows? Looks like there may have been a hole just above the boot top on one ama so maybe that hull flooded and then it rolled over and the rig broke when it hit the reef. 

4ce69398a6003a3e6b5249cd1599bc25.png

It appears to be a conglomeration of weird design ideas (even disregarding the mast/sail).

WTF is with the dorsal fin between the centerboard and rudder?

And with 3 hulls to choose from, why would you pick the bridgedecks as the spot to mount the motors?

It sunk a month ago just before the corona lockdown bullshit here when leaving the bay in Curacao. People onboard were saved and they left boat drifting and washed ashore in Aruba.

This vessel was laying for many years unused in the Spanishwater bay. Was just sold I think. Very unlucky....

For sale ad and Pintrest ad

10 hours ago, carcrash said:

Walker Wingsail! That is exactly the boat. Seemed interesting, but as I recall its passage speeds were something like 120 mile days on that UK to California trip.

120 ? ? ? 
We did 200 on a fucking Swan 65, ten days in a row! :D  

7 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

She departed Curacao on March 25th. Crew got plucked off the next day north of Curacao by the Dutch Caribbean CG. 

91024777_2838718156209316_4501401029316706304_n.jpg

Is that thing the world's first three-hulled submarine or was it already sinking in that pic?

8 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

She departed Curacao on March 25th. Crew got plucked off the next day north of Curacao by the Dutch Caribbean CG. 

91024777_2838718156209316_4501401029316706304_n.jpg

Forgot to put in the bungs?  JFC looks like both the main hull and one pontoon are flooded.  How the hell did they get it in that state?  Insurance job?

Or is it just so un-seaworthy it gets pooped on every following wave?

Latest episode of SSL believe trimaran sunk due to forgotten seacock when the original inboard engine removed on the hard, 
and replaced with a tilting outboard engine in each wing.