san diego open for sailing?

That's what we heard just today, from a reliable source. Starting tomorrow,  SD Bay will open for sailing! We understand all recreational boating will be for household members only on each boat.

I'll take it! Gotta start somewhere... - ed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cristoforo said:
3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Common Crisco, whast the negatieve?                              :)

The other day she mused about taking up golf.  I ran like the wind out of the room. 

Lettere, buye herre some niew clubbs.  Smille an waive.                           :)

Same rules up here in the Islands.  (Not your’s P_Wop....^_^). So I emailed Awlgrip to find out what they suggested for disinfecting the boat, assuming folks are touching it, coughing on it, breathing on it, salivating over it -_- etc etc when you aren’t there, and they suggested following the CDC recommendations for cleaning plastic- a quick brush clean/rinse with warm soapy water, and some disinfecting wipes.  I guess someone will rename their boat ‘Monk’ at some point.......

I took the kids boat camping last Saturday it was great. Too bad the park service closed the mornings, no big deal we dropped the hook. 

ABB571AA-F5C9-4BEA-9E7B-2019FD762CC8.jpeg

2028DDA2-616A-41C2-91C5-E73CF86C0C1E.jpeg

• Like 1

Our county and state parks have been open up here, buoys are free and as long as you social distance walking trails is okay.  Common sense was prevalent with most everyone I saw, always a few fucktards who think they are invincible though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OHAWHO said:

Good thing your boy pelosi jr didnt close it down.  How many cases were transmitted via boating?

oh that's so clever.did you make that up all by yourself?  it's just so retarded that when someone is smart, gives a fuck about people and really and truly tries to do the right thing, guys like you get all angry. have you taken a look at the pile of excrement you put in the whitehouse? he's the man, but newsom isn't? holy fuck, you're an idiot!

• Like 1

Have fun!  Here in the great white north (WI), I am going take a day off worrying about business to go start washing and waxing the C&C. Finally our weather is starting to turn. Hopefully things will settle down enough by end of May to tell the yard to splash her. 

Been single handing my 38 footer out of CBYC in LA harbor since February...whole ocean to my self...well, sort of, recently as last Tuesday.  Four cruise liners anchored offshore, plus many tankers.  Sailed by one, a Norwegian registered, quarantined crew on board hailed me and asked if I had any spare TP.  Go for it lads in SD (SDSU, 1973).

13 hours ago, IMR said:

I took the kids boat camping last Saturday it was great. Too bad the park service closed the mornings, no big deal we dropped the hook. 

ABB571AA-F5C9-4BEA-9E7B-2019FD762CC8.jpeg

2028DDA2-616A-41C2-91C5-E73CF86C0C1E.jpeg

Whys the kid sleeping in the rope locker upside down?:P

22 minutes ago, mad said:

Whys the kid sleeping in the rope locker upside down?:P

Haha - he fell asleep on the sail over to angel island. About half way there he just went to his bunk in the bow and passed out. He later woke up and had dinner. 

I took the Laser out this weekend, and put my son in an RS Tera here in Los Angeles. It was great to get back out on the water, and we poked our bows out onto the ocean Sunday, when it was less windy.

Glorious Sunday - don't know if I've seen so many sailboats out on the Bay aside from the big regatta days.  Had to stay alert to maintain social distance a couple of times.  Girls liked the big cockpit - borrowing a friend's Catalina 42 for the moment.  

Untitled.jpg

Must've seen you out there Socal. I was taken aback by the red tide. Never saw it in the bay before. Sailed out past #1 and it looked like chocolate latte, hard to see the kelp.

Man, have I ever regressed in my single handing skills! Blew a couple of tacks, had to dodge all those other boats while bending a jib sheet back on the clew after it unraveled, but it was a beautiful day, for sure.

20 minutes ago, kinardly said:

Must've seen you out there Socal. I was taken aback by the red tide. Never saw it in the bay before. Sailed out past #1 and it looked like chocolate latte, hard to see the kelp.

Yeah really odd for sure - you can see it in the background of the pic I posted.  I've never seen it like that either.  

First time single handing my friend's boat for me as well; it wasn't pretty.  Typical cruiser setup with all the lines led to the cabin top, so it was pretty much "set and forget" for sail trim while dodging all the incoming and dealing with the typical puffs & lulls coming over Point Loma.